Please note: WPS Financial Services ceased trading in 2012. Reviews relating to financial advice provided by WPS Financial Services should be posted here. Reviews on this page relate to Anne Street Partners only.

Verified Customer

Terrible property advice. They are all about making money for themselves - not you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Don't believe all these fake reviews.
Anne Street will take your money upfront and provide you standard/generic advice. Then they will try to sell you a variety of products they make commissions on. If you don't own an investment property and can afford one, they will offer you a property that they get a large commission on. They will lead you to believe it's a great investment and that they have done all the research on its growth potential. It will do poorly.
Look at this forum for more than a few examples: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2384176.
A good number of us are considering a class action against them for their negligent advice. So if you read this and are interested in joining get onto the whirlpool site and post your story. I'll follow you up.

My advice to you is always get a second opinion. See an accredited financial planner and an accountant first. Don't pay exorbitant fees upfront.

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi drgave I read this review with concern. I'd appreciate you taking a moment to contact me directly at [email protected] so I can properly identify your account and assist you with th... read more »

Steer clear, take your money and don't do anything

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2015

I had hesitations before I signed up and I regret not listening to my heart. Anne Street Partners have literally don't nothing since we met with them, they have not followed through on anything they were supposed to do. No exaggeration, they have literally done nothing. You contacted me almost everyday until we signed up and once we paid the money and had the 3 hour long meeting, you vanished into thin air.

I would highly suggest you find someone else to help guide you financially, I would not trust this company as far as I can throw them and I have a bad back!

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Adam Y I am very disappointed and concerned to hear this. I'd like to personally understand this situation further. Could you please reach me on [email protected], so I can address... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Getting worse

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2015

We've been with Anne Street for a couple of years now. At first we were very impressed with our advisor and his knowledge and commitment to us and our financial future. After a year however he left the company and everything went South. We found the broker at Anne St hadn't arranged our mortgage for the family home when we were purchasing our investment property. This lead to 3 whole weeks of huge amounts of stress and anxiety whilst they scurried to work something out for us. To cut a very long story short we finally had a Regional Manager contact us and assure us we were safe with them and he personally verbally apologised for their stuff up. Now 6 months later we emailed them to arrange a review appointment 2 weeks ago and yes, we are STILL waiting for a response.
It amazes me how this company survives considering the incredible lack of customer service and blasé attitude towards us.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi NH I apologise for the experience you've had and I've raised this with the appropriate team. I've looked into your account and have asked your adviser to contact your directly. You have been as... read more »

Thanks for your response Brent. After submitting my comments above I actually forwarded the email to one of your company directors. He got back to me immediately and we have since been contacted by our new advisor whom we will be meeting in Sept.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

Rip off company only interested in extracting money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2015

We trusted these 'people ' and put our money into a regional property with excellent growth and rental returns and even at about 70% of the rent indicated the place is still empty

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hello Brisbane Please accept my apologies with your experience. We take your comments very seriously and our client relationship manager would like to address this situation with you as soon as po... read more »

Melbourne

Horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2014

We have been with Anne Street for a few years. We were told to purchase a interstate property that we wernt comfortable with but they reassured us that it was the right thing to do.

Since then the property has gone backwards and we cant even get tenants in the property! I completely regret using Anne Street and feel like we were robbed. I would never recommended them to anyone. Their only priority is making money off honest hard working people. They dont care about their clients..

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hello Unhappy. Please accept my apologies with your experience and thank you for taking the time to inform us of this concern. Anne Street Partners appreciates any feedback and we take it very seri... read more »

• 9 helpful votes

Beware.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2013

Their "financial planners" are essentially trained sales men who are trying to give you the same advice you could probably find on the internet. they hassled me for a long time and did not care about the fact that their strategies were driving me into a loss. not happy with the company at all - would not reccomend to anybody

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi hiuylou, Thank you for taking the time to raise this area of concern. Anne Street Partners appreciates any feedback and takes it seriously. I would like to have the opportunity to address your ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Absolutely rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2013

We chose to go with this company and paid our $650 within an hour of the financial advisor leaving our home. Once our money was approved we were harassed by a minimum of 5 phone calls a day needing endless amounts of personnel information. We then received a text message asking us to attend a meeting. So we tried to call the company and rebook as we both worked that day. Noone returned our calls so we both took a day off to attend and got baby sitting for our 3 children. Only to find out 1 hour before that they made a mistake and it was never really on. So we sacked the company. Now they have had our money for 3 weeks and keep coming up with excuses why our money has not been returned. We are seeking legal advice and going to the papers.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Dodgy Financial Planners!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2012

I would not recommend this company to anyone!!! We paid a lot of money to use their service and they were negligent to us. They applied for our insurances and advised that we were now covered. However, when my husband had an accident and required income protection, we were advised that this never went through even though we had multiple emails assuring us they had applied for these insurances. I would not trust them at all!!! We have been lied to by this company and the customer service after this event has been appalling !

Read - [url removed]

- Worst customer service I have experienced

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

After i pay them off by your halp ,,is my name going to be clear again ?

Aram rashet asked on Jan 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Aram,

Apologies - what is this in reference to?

Kind regards
Brent

I having been reading through the reviews for Anne St partners ( Financial Planners ) and have found a lot reflect my own experience of basically bad advice. However its incredible how many people who ' have been with Anne St for many years now " all of a sudden decide to write an over the top positive review. Is there any way of verifying that these are real people and not just company from the company itself ?

Brisbane asked on Mar 16, 2015

Answer this

Hi there Brisbane

Firstly, I apologise if you haven't received a positive experience from us. I'd certainly like to have the opportunity to put this right and you can contact me personally on [email protected] - attention Brent. I'd actually like to look into any concerns you have.

In terms of posting reviews, every adviser at Anne Street Partners is encouraged to ask for feedback after each appointment as it gives all of the executive team an unbiased look at our service offering. We certainly monitor each review and where the reviewer leaves some details we try to address any concerns on a one-to-one basis. Some reviewers prefer to use a pseudonym, and this can lead to identification issues, so we try to reach out to them using the site. Obviously we love to receive glowing reviews, but we know that with many changes within the organisation this won't be the case every time, so we encourage a realistic view each and every time.

Brent - Anne Street Partners Marketing

I'm real - I just gave an honest answer to the request for a review

Yep, my review is real.

2 things:

1. any investment has some form of inherent risk. Thinking you'll make fifty-hundred percent return in two weeks on a property is ludicrous, its the real world, not blocyard blitz.
2. you do actually need to do some work and thinking for yourself. Do you think if they had some magic formula for making money appear from thin air, that they would be working?