Please note: WPS Financial Services ceased trading in 2012. Reviews relating to financial advice provided by WPS Financial Services should be posted here. Reviews on this page relate to Anne Street Partners only.

Verified Customer

Terrible property advice. They are all about making money for themselves - not you

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

Don't believe all these fake reviews.
Anne Street will take your money upfront and provide you standard/generic advice. Then they will try to sell you a variety of products they make commissions on. If you don't own an investment property and can afford one, they will offer you a property that they get a large commission on. They will lead you to believe it's a great investment and that they have done all the research on its growth potential. It will do poorly.
Look at this forum for more than a few examples: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2384176.
A good number of us are considering a class action against them for their negligent advice. So if you read this and are interested in joining get onto the whirlpool site and post your story. I'll follow you up.

My advice to you is always get a second opinion. See an accredited financial planner and an accountant first. Don't pay exorbitant fees upfront.

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi drgave I read this review with concern. I'd appreciate you taking a moment to contact me directly at [email protected] so I can properly identify your account and assist you with th... read more »

Steer clear, take your money and don't do anything

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2015

I had hesitations before I signed up and I regret not listening to my heart. Anne Street Partners have literally don't nothing since we met with them, they have not followed through on anything they were supposed to do. No exaggeration, they have literally done nothing. You contacted me almost everyday until we signed up and once we paid the money and had the 3 hour long meeting, you vanished into thin air.

I would highly suggest you find someone else to help guide you financially, I would not trust this company as far as I can throw them and I have a bad back!

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Adam Y I am very disappointed and concerned to hear this. I'd like to personally understand this situation further. Could you please reach me on [email protected], so I can address... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Getting worse

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2015

We've been with Anne Street for a couple of years now. At first we were very impressed with our advisor and his knowledge and commitment to us and our financial future. After a year however he left the company and everything went South. We found the broker at Anne St hadn't arranged our mortgage for the family home when we were purchasing our investment property. This lead to 3 whole weeks of huge amounts of stress and anxiety whilst they scurried to work something out for us. To cut a very long story short we finally had a Regional Manager contact us and assure us we were safe with them and he personally verbally apologised for their stuff up. Now 6 months later we emailed them to arrange a review appointment 2 weeks ago and yes, we are STILL waiting for a response.
It amazes me how this company survives considering the incredible lack of customer service and blasé attitude towards us.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi NH I apologise for the experience you've had and I've raised this with the appropriate team. I've looked into your account and have asked your adviser to contact your directly. You have been as... read more »

Thanks for your response Brent. After submitting my comments above I actually forwarded the email to one of your company directors. He got back to me immediately and we have since been contacted by our new advisor whom we will be meeting in Sept.

• 1 review
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer
Private message

Rip off company only interested in extracting money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2015

We trusted these 'people ' and put our money into a regional property with excellent growth and rental returns and even at about 70% of the rent indicated the place is still empty

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hello Brisbane Please accept my apologies with your experience. We take your comments very seriously and our client relationship manager would like to address this situation with you as soon as po... read more »

Melbourne

Horrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2014

We have been with Anne Street for a few years. We were told to purchase a interstate property that we wernt comfortable with but they reassured us that it was the right thing to do.

Since then the property has gone backwards and we cant even get tenants in the property! I completely regret using Anne Street and feel like we were robbed. I would never recommended them to anyone. Their only priority is making money off honest hard working people. They dont care about their clients..

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hello Unhappy. Please accept my apologies with your experience and thank you for taking the time to inform us of this concern. Anne Street Partners appreciates any feedback and we take it very seri... read more »

• 9 helpful votes

Beware.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2013

Their "financial planners" are essentially trained sales men who are trying to give you the same advice you could probably find on the internet. they hassled me for a long time and did not care about the fact that their strategies were driving me into a loss. not happy with the company at all - would not reccomend to anybody

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi hiuylou, Thank you for taking the time to raise this area of concern. Anne Street Partners appreciates any feedback and takes it seriously. I would like to have the opportunity to address your ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Absolutely rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2013

We chose to go with this company and paid our $650 within an hour of the financial advisor leaving our home. Once our money was approved we were harassed by a minimum of 5 phone calls a day needing endless amounts of personnel information. We then received a text message asking us to attend a meeting. So we tried to call the company and rebook as we both worked that day. Noone returned our calls so we both took a day off to attend and got baby sitting for our 3 children. Only to find out 1 hour before that they made a mistake and it was never really on. So we sacked the company. Now they have had our money for 3 weeks and keep coming up with excuses why our money has not been returned. We are seeking legal advice and going to the papers.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

Dodgy Financial Planners!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2012

I would not recommend this company to anyone!!! We paid a lot of money to use their service and they were negligent to us. They applied for our insurances and advised that we were now covered. However, when my husband had an accident and required income protection, we were advised that this never went through even though we had multiple emails assuring us they had applied for these insurances. I would not trust them at all!!! We have been lied to by this company and the customer service after this event has been appalling !

Read - [url removed]

- Worst customer service I have experienced

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

Verified Customer

No courtesy of calling back. Unprofessional

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 05, 2017

OK I will start with good things. They have behaved very professional so far. All the team @ WPS/ASP at Brisbane were excellent. However my most recent manager has been worst.
Unfortunately the two investment I had gone forward has failed.
Over last six months I have been asking for a reasonable explanation, but they cant come up with a satisfactory answer.
Now I am facing height of unprofessional-ism in terms of customer service.
I was advised by receptionist to contact thee area manger for complain. I have called and emailed at-least five times and he has no audacity to reply back once. I was told he has called me "once" when I was sleeping after night shift. I suggested to reply in email, but he still hasn't. It has frustrated me so much to write over here.

Hope someone listens.

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Sahil, I apologise if you feel our response so far hasn't been adequate and this has been frustrating for you - it's certainly not our intentions to have unhappy clients. Although it would be im... read more »

It is interesting how companies come up this smart excuses, where firstly they don't respond to unhappy customer appropriately via normal communication and than someone from social media team, come... read more »

Verified Customer

Does a great job looking after our SMSF taxation returns, but I wont use ASP ever again

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2017

Jodie is great, and gives us a good service at a good price - but the two investment housing purchases we have made (1 x SMSF, 1 x investment) with ASP advice were less than satisfactory. The investment property recommendation (build interstate for negative gearing and positive returns) has performed woefully, nothing like their projections - look on the web, and you will see similar stories. Do your due-diligence before committing.

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Jaytee, I've read your review with concern. I would like the opportunity to discuss this with you so I can understand the nature of the issues you have raised. Please feel free to contact me at ... read more »

Brisbane

Still uncertain.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2015

As much as [Name removed] in Sydney has tried to rectify things with Anne Street Partners, our relationship with this company will never be the same. I find it extremely difficult to contact the office due to the way things are, but I deal with them only when I have to and if I don't have to I won't as my wife never wants anything to do with Anne Street Partners again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi aussierules002 I'm sorry to hear you haven't had a great experience to date. I'd certainly be interested in ensuring that your future dealings with us are positive. It should also be very easy ... read more »

Adelaide

Not Happy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2015

Feel very let down, pushed into buying a interstate house which was'nt my first choice. Had to deal with the builders myself after being told I didn't have to do anything . The house took 18 months to build from signing the paperwork. Had two phone calls in Two years since the house was completed and yet I read these reviews and people are being contacted every 6 months. Oh and by the way the house is valued thousands of $$ less than the mortgage.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hello Not Happy Please accept my apologies with your experience, it's certainly not something we aim for. We do take your situation and concerns seriously and our client relationship manager would... read more »

Tell you what Brett why don't you try contacting me on your phone, oh that's right your company don't do follow up phone calls.

SMFS Team

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2017

We have been with Anne Street Partners for a few years now. We needed someone to assist us with the future moving towards retirement. their advisers have been very helpful and have set us up in good stead. however we were very disappointed when they sold off their SA part of their business (their clients) with out any communication before the sale was complete. and the new owner of our account had not made contact with us - we approached him when we received a letter in the mail.. not happy. A simple phone call would have been nice. they are always quick to call you to get your money.. probably not the review that you wanted but I know I am not the only client that feels this way.
But i must say that their SMSF audit section (which is separate from the rest) are very helpful and we are very happy with Dean and his team. They are always available for my questions on what I need to do.. makes you feel confident in doing something that can be confusing. Thank you Dean..

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Robby, thank you for writing this review - we encourage feedback from every client, so we appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It was certainly a difficult decision for Anne... read more »

Ok

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

After a very shaky start with different Mortgage advisers at Anne Street Partners, [name removed] came in and restored our faith with the company. After months of inaction, [name removed] offered prompt, sound advice which was action-ed promptly and efficiently. We wish [name removed] and [name removed] had been involved from the outset - both are a credit to the company - 5 Stars to both employees. I am somewhat reluctant to give Anne Street partners itself 5 stars due to the lengthy and muddled advice given prior to [name removed] and [name removed] - We also felt at times that previous advisers either weren't listening or disregarding our concerns. So Kudos to [name removed] and [name removed] once again, Very happy with the eventual outcome.

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Richard, thank you for your review and the feedback. I'm sorry to hear that your original advisers didn't provide you with the service you expected and our relationship was somewhat muddled at t... read more »

Informative, Contemporary, Trustworthy

3 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

My husband and I have been clients with Anne St Partners for over a decade. They have listened well to our needs, informed and enlightened us about the financial and investment world, and assisted us with all the paperwork and regulations that must be complied with. I feel there is always someone there to "hold my hand" through every process and explain things to me in everyday language. Anne St Partners have assisted us with our investment portfolio (property and shares), retirement planning, and setting up our own self-managed superfund. Dean Rosario is the Superannuation Guru at ASP. Always contactable, personable and professional. If you want to feel secure that your SMSF is growing optimally, and compliant with every government regulation, this is the company for you.
They've been in the business for a very long time, and are always up-to-date with their knowledge and advice in a world where national and global economics are changing so rapidly. I recommend Anne St Partners to any of my friends or colleagues who are looking for reputable financial advisers.

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi LindaB, thank you for this wonderful review of Dean and the team. I'm really pleased to hear they're looking after your financial needs. Dean's SMSF team are pros and I know they take a great am... read more »

We got there in the end

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2016

Lots of activity for us recently and we feel like we got there in the end.

Slow to react at first when we needed ASP to spring to action after our emotional purchase of a property.

Explanations of the financial products, repayments, rates, etc. were sketchy in comparison to our previous adviser ([name removed]) so this needs improvement.

Toward the end of the finance approval process, I needed to give it a nudge to get it over the line with a call to my business relationship manager to make sure it happened. I do feel we would have fallen short otherwise and would have had to gamble and proceed with the purchase without formal approval. This can be traced back to the slow start.

For the purchase of a property through SMSF, all went well enough. However, ASP legal team seemed to be disconnected from the rest of ASP. If we use ASP it is because they tout a holistic approach. The left-hand needs to talk to the right, etc. Requests for information from legal should not come to us if we have provided this previously to finance.

So in summary, a good company to use. More stress than we have had in the past with them but some of this was self inflicted!

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Ben F, Thank you for the review - I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I'm going to pass your feedback to the State Manager for NSW as it appears we could streamline some a... read more »

South Wentworthville, NSW

Very thorough Financial Planner

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

We have known Alex, Financial Planner, when he was with St George Bank. Alex is a very experienced financial planner. He has always been available when needed and his advice has been helpful.
When he told us that he was going to move to another company, namely Annestreet partners, immediately we asked if we could follow him. We will not hesitate to recommend Alex Thong to anybody looking for a good financial planner.
No doubt Anne-Street-Partners has acquired a valuable Financial Planner.

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Claude M, thank you for taking a moment to review Alex and the service he has provided you. I'm pleased you've been able to continue to use Alex as your financial adviser as he transitioned to A... read more »

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

A little concerned

3 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2015

My husband and I signed up with ASP about 2 years ago. We decided to go down the path of an investment through our super with a SMSF. Currently we are still waiting on the property to settle. We have been contacted by our property agents and people asking for money from us or our super account but 1 year on our money hasn't made anything. This concerns me as in a old super funds it would have been working for us. Rather than costing us.

Our advisor seeks to be out of the office a lot and is hard to contact. Communication seems not to be a high priority which is worrying me as this is our money they are dealing with.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hello A tad concerned I'm sorry this has been your experience. I'm going to investigate this personally for you, so can I get you to email me at [email protected] and I will look into... read more »

sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Jury still out

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2014

My wife and I were contacted by WPS (Now ASP) approx. 2 years ago. After an interview with one of their reps in our house we decided to use their services. They helped us set up our SMSF, insurances and wills. Then last year we purchased an investment property through them. Our first adviser was very helpful.
Unfortunately since finalising all our loans, properties, insurance and smsf. The only time we hear from our current adviser is when I call his office, and most times he is away interstate. We were informed in writing at the start that we would have a meeting with our adviser every six months. (this has never happened)

I feel like after taking all of their so called good professional advise that they have now put us on the back burner because we have paid them thousands of dollars in set-up fees and they are also reaping in hundreds of dollars (in commissions) from each of the services that they told us to use.

So far not one of the investments that they advised us on have gained in value.

On a positive note the gentleman in their Brisbane office (Dean Rosario) has been a great help to us in managing our SMSF.

+ The senior SMSF manager in Brisbane

- Lack of service shown to us after only two years

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Family Man. Thank you for taking the time to raise this area of concern - Anne Street Partners appreciates any feedback and we take it very seriously. I would like to have the opportunity to add... read more »

Hello Brent, Thanks for your reply. I was called by one of your fellow workers yesterday afternoon. She is addressing my concerns. Kind Regards.

Anne Street Partners Official

Hi Family Man, I'm pleased to hear your concerns are being addressed. You're more than welcome to keep me informed of the progress. We always welcome feedback and always aim to work to a resolution... read more »

Not what I was looking for

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2013

The company is very quick to return your calls, very eager to get your business and very thorough with their questions. They will endeavour to provide you with a very extensive, holistic financial plan, but be prepared to discuss and decide on every aspect of your life! Not worth the money and hassle for me, but probably good if you want the whole package and can afford it.

1 of 14 pages