shocking service for reward flights

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

I have had to change my flight twice.The price i have had to pay is only slightly cheaper then buying a whole new fair of the internet.Very disappointing and ripped off .Anz ill be moving all my banking .

Canberra

• 1 comment

Fees and less service.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I have the ANZ black and used to have the Amex tied to this - ANZ decided to stop that relationship but did not reduce the fees - so now you get less and pay the same. This has bothered me for a long time and despite looking at other options the banks all work so hard to make the limits on things non comparable. I haven't changed as its confusing. The RC into Banking is still happening but some of these basic issues don't have a bleeding heart story attached to them so no one hears or cares.

Rude customer service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

I am shocked by the rude and snarly girl I just spoke to, whilst trying to organise my ANZ rewards complimentary flight. The attitude of girl left a bad taste. After asking to repeat the flight options the girl had a diva moment and it was all too much trouble. I expected better.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Redeemed gift cards missing no way to trackit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2018

Dont sign up with anz because their rewards program are so bad. I redeemed two gift card and gone missing i call up and ask anz have no idea where it gone.

They told me to write a story explain why it gone missing and post back to them for investigation.

I post the letter back to them and now over three week without any reply.

Anz reward customer service are so bad.

Bad Product, Worse Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I was sold into a new credit card by Ravi, at the Pitt Street, Circular Quay bank with the promise of 75k bonus points. 1 year on and those points have become a measly $100 refund as they can't fulfil and offer that promotion due to the staff not knowing the product or having the ability to on-sell that to me because of my mortgage. Qucik way to lose customers and mortgages ANZ.

Worst rewards card ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

The card charges high fees but ANZ are also very scabby compared to other cards like Westpac. I was owed 75000 reward points and spent alot on my card however they made every excuse in the book not to allocate my points and the complaints teams did nothing to assist.

Expensive credit card with high fees for little benefit

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Have had ANZ Rewards credit card for a few years & find it to have a very high annual fee for little return, but the killer is fees, the account was under limit but end of month int charge put it slightly over & you are hit a $20- OD Limit fee.
I must admit thought this type of fee is being regulated out. Just a money grab.
Bring on the Banking enquiry

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 4 answers

Complementary airport lounge.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2017

I recently travelled to New Zealand. I thought I would utilise the "complementary airport lounge passes" through my ANZ REWARDS BLACK card. .
After calling ANZ to find out which company they use, I signed up with Veloce. Only to discover they had no lounges in both New Zealand or Australia. (ANZ Bank = Australia, New Zealand)
After browsing through the Veloce website to see where they do have lounges I was very disappointed to also see they don't have one on Bali either.
It is a well known fact that Australian's top travel destinations are New Zealand and Bali.

I contacted the ANZ bank via the feedback form on their website to express my dismay regarding this matter. I finally got a response from one of the ANZ team stating they would look into it and closed the complaint. The offered me $100 in compensation which was put onto my card.

If you are looking for a card that offers 'complementary airport lounge passes' to not sign up for this card!

• 2 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Don't try and layback with this card.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2017

My family went on a holiday to Italy in April, during this time I tried to use the “Airport lounge” offering on my card; I was advised at two separate Véloce establishments that this was not possible on the card; very embarrassing at the receptions counters. I rang the card concierge and received no assistance, he stated this was NOT a situation that he could rectify, and that this service was in the process or review; that’s all well and good, but ANZ has and STILL does advertise this as a feature to lure customer to use the card; yes?

Now; I have just return from another trip in August-September. I was solo this time and visited four lounges listed in the establishments available for access using my card; I was unable to utilise my card at any of these; one was not in operation, others did not allow entry with my card (embarrassment again), this was in UK, UAE, USA, Canada. I was advised twice that it’s likely the cards were accepted some time ago but not currently.

I do appreciate that ANZ does not manage this part of the offering; the bottom line here is you all should be aware that ANZ have still not sorted this situation; I called them and they could NOT verify that I would be able to use this promoted feature(next week). This also make me wonder what would happen if i tried to claim on the travel insurance offering, which is more than just discomfort!

Time for us to change our card service.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 8 comments
  • 25 helpful votes
Private message

shady terms, points that dont get tracked properly and added, interest charged unless card is return

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

was miselad to beleive the rewards card i chose with my home loan package would still get the $250 gift card they offered, spent heaps on the card to find out months later they will not be sending me any gift card, seems deliberately misleading to get people to spend. interest free period doesnt work like other banks cards, they seem to charge on everything unless you bring the balance back to zero regardless when they last purchase was. extra points dont track properly and are rarely credited to my account, difficult to resolve. never had any such issues with rewards card with commbank for over 10 years, 4 months in and I'm not using this ANZ one again.

• 7 comments
Private message

Redemption is extremely time consuming and confusing

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Tried redeeming points today. Actually went into a branch a very polite ANZ worker did all the computer work (other than my password) for me. Despite over 10,000 points having been transferred, nothing is showing on my account. No points have been transferred. Phoned ANZ cards. Was told my inquiry would be escalated and that I'd have to speak to the Rewards Centre, which is currently closed.

This card is expensive and I don't recall being informed that I'd have to wait 60 days to book it's supposedly free return domestic flight. This information was provided in brochures but I was encouraged to get the card on the phone when I cancelled another ANZ card.
Not good enough ANZ!

ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures card

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2017

Hi,
I'm very disappointed with this ANZ product; I even cancelled the card yesterday.
They offer a phoney (complimentary) travel insurance with the card, which I tried to utilise by contacting the insurer (QBE), but no response from either them or ANZ so far, not even an acknowledgment that I emailed the forms.
I also had a transaction dispute which they didn't handle well at all, and I'm still waiting for the verdict.
Overall, the only good thing about the product is its shiny cards, nothing more.

Cheers!

Mky Qld

• 2 answers
  • 8 helpful votes

GET OFF MY CASE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 06, 2016

In over 2 years i was late for the first time, holy snickers bars, the calls did not stop, it was verging on harassment but in the end i am of the opinion once the card is paid off, i will take great pleasure in cutting it up into tiny little pieces and posting it to the CEO of ANZ. And adding a note, take this card and shove it. I have an NAB card and have had for 30 years and never a problem

Cairns

Private message

Throw your card in the Bin

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2016

Wanted flights Cairns to Port Moresby (PNG) $451.85 Including all taxes with Qantas Direct. ANZ Rewards price 47275 Points PLUS $469.62 Taxes and Other Charges on the same dates & Qantas flight numbers. What a SCAM. Taxes alone are dearer than the Airlines total price plus you waste nearly 50000 points. ANZ You need to be shut down for this disgrace.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

The biggest croc I have ever seen

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 03, 2016

Hotel prices are almost double the price of paying cash. Crappy website does not even work and doesn't allow you to select items. Look up travel rewards wait one day and they are 4 times the price its a complete rort.

Going down hill

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2016

2 items canceled after ordered but still on site ordered another waited a month now still coming. No good having points not able to use.

• 9 helpful votes

Outdated System

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2015

It is a joke how ANZ rewards has been rated as top 10 credit cards. When I did not received my claims after 30 days, I called up to inform them they told me to write in by fax or mail and state my credit card number on it. I decided to cancel the card as I can't put up to use such an outdated system. It is a big joke if I do that.

Strathfield

Terrible Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2015

Rang to claim reward points. I have to wait for more than 15 minutes and was passed through a few persons ( they picked up and put me on hold as if they are avoiding to answer or try to choose their call) When the caller this time answered I have to give the details again to her which I have already keyed in on the phone!!. I want to complaint and excuse that the supervisor is busy and said will pass the call. I have waited more than an hour and nobody call me back. I think she just hanged up). Complains should be dealt with straight away to avoid the complain not being addressed.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Penrith

• 2 comments
Private message

Better than getting the Amex card directly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2015

Best conversion of Dollar to reward points. Got back many times of the annual cost. Wide range of rewards to choose from.

Comments

Rewards have changed. Amex is getting less rewarding and is narrowing down on the rewards. Its for time to tell is it will stay as pleasurable as before.

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Extremely disappointing – was a good program but recently ANZ massively increased required points f

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2015

I have had this card for many years and used my reward points to redeem the cash back. This was the best offer for me. However, in the last couple of months ANZ sneakily changed points required to redeem 50 AUD back.
Before 10,310 points = 50 AUD
Now 12,500 points = 50 AUD
So, right now you have to spend 21% more $ on your card to get the same reward! There was no warning, no communication whatsoever.
I understand that ANZ Awards program used to be one of the best on the market scoring top banking product awards 5 or so years back . This is now completely changed and I will be looking for alternative programs/banks.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes