Verified Customer

Great experience with AO!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

I purchased two products from AO. They delivered them the next business day for free. The products came in brand new. The delivery men were very professional, polite and helped me connect and check the installation of the machines. Moreover, the prices I got from AO were lower than those I found on Goodguys (which asks for additional shipping fees). I would highly recommend buying new appliances with AO.

• 2 comments

Awesome Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2019

Online staff friendly and very helpful. Great price (included free delivery and take away of old dishwasher and packing from new one). Delivery was fantastic (next day by 2 really competent and helpful people), with periodic communication between order payment and actual delivery.
I can honestly say this was the best appliance purchasing and delivery experience I can remember.
I will definetely go to them again when purchasing my next appliance.

Hardly legendary service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2019

Bought an oven through these guys, paid in full for oven, delivery, installation and extended warranty. 2 weeks out from the original delivery date I get an email asking if I'd like it delivered early, which I accept as the day (a Monday) was far better for me. Fast forward to the Saturday afternoon before the installation and I get an email telling me "As discussed our installers are fully booked Monday and you're moved to Thursday". As discussed? Not even a phone call. Call their "helpline", they can't explain what is going on and promise a call back, which never happens either. So I call them back after 24 hours, "you can lodge a complaint by calling back tomorrow". No help, no explanation, but I can get another delivery slot in a month, provided of course that they don't cancel on me again without warning. This is how they want to start a 5 year customer relationship? No deal. Getting my money back and going with someone reputable.

Laverton, Victoria

• 41 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 21 answers
  • 60 helpful votes
Private message

Disappointing but I'm on the fence till next time.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2019

Received my product but it was missing a foot so would not balance. They said they'd "have to get one out to me" but of course I couldn't use the freezer till then so used one off my old freezer. They said they'd post one out to me. I spoke to them on Facebook and they promised same, asking me to send details of order, and my address thru message. I did. No reply. I asked them to rsvp so I knew they were sending it. No reply. I commented on their post. No reply. Pathetic. Just want the goods gone and the money in. NO FOLLOW THRU WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE. Very rude. Then i received, via here, a request to contact them via support, I copied this message to them added my details and order number as requested (same as on Fbook), the reply i got back was "Hi" and NOTHING else. I have now received an apology and item apparently on its way. I will follow thru with this but at the moment, can say the experience wasn't the best. Delivery great, follow through not so much. I do intend to purchase a cooker soon, see what happens then.

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Good price, delivered on time, well-handled, difficult installation

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

After reading the reviews here I was hesitant to purchase a fridge from Appliances Online, although compared with other retailers, Appliances Online had far more positive than negative reviews. All bricks and mortar stores we visited quoted a higher price plus delivery costs and advised their drivers potentially wouldn't deliver if the installation is likely to be difficult.

As first time customers, we decided to give Appliances Online a go and we are happy we did. Their price was the best around and it was delivered on time. We are relieved we did not experience the stock or delivery issues noted by others.

I advised Appliances Online during the purchase that the installation would be difficult, primarily due to a narrow staircase and previous experience. The sales person reassured me the delivery staff would review the premises when delivered and Appliances Online would provide a refund if it could not be installed.

The delivery staff turned up on time, although I would have preferred an SMS to an email notification. They reviewed the premises and said the new fridge probably could not be installed, nor the old fridge removed, without damaging the property or the fridge. As they did not wish to disappoint us by putting the fridge back on the truck, they made a mammoth effort to take the new fridge upstairs and remove the old one, which was bigger than the new one (even after I had removed the doors!).

It was a very difficult delivery job and we very much appreciated their effort, strength and skill. I'm sure a little luck went into the mix too. :)

No damage whatsoever during a very difficult delivery process and still at the best price around.

Thanks Appliances Online for a good experience, we really like the new fridge!

• 2 answers

Verified Customer

First and last time. Legendary Service? Is that supposed to be ironic?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

Pathetic. Bought a Haier 6kg dryer from them, am emailed to say it will be delivered the next day.

They text the next morning, a window of 3pm-5pm for delivery. Wait home all day as I don't trust them to not just turn up when it suits. 5pm comes, nothing. Get another text at 5.09pm saying between 5.10pm-7.10pm.

You see where this is going - 7.10pm, nothing. I leave home as I have other things to do and ring up and cancel the order. The driver calls about 20 minutes after that saying he's out the front. I tell him its been cancelled. Call them back to ask why he wasn't informed, get some gibberish answer. I ask them to email me a cancellation confirmation and to refund me.

Two days later, nothing. No cancellation notification, no paypal refund, and I'm about to call for a 3rd time.

I will never use these people again and strongly urge anyone else not to. I will make sure I tell as many as I can to avoid these people.

Terrible customer service!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2019

I bought and paid for a washing machine on 9/12/2018 for delivery on 28/12. The week before Christmas I was advised there was no stock and the new delivery date was 16/01/2019. As they couldn't give an estimate of delivery time until the morning of delivery, a day off work was taken. After lunch I contacted them to be told there was no stock.??? They didn't know when they would have it in stock. I cancelled and requested a refund. Absolutely no regard for customers.

I could of created my own shaver in the time it took them to dispatch mine

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

If your prepared to not need the product then definitely buy from appliances online. You may receive it after not needing it

Melbourne

Verified Customer

A little gem at a bargain price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Appliances Online have done it again. $339.00 covered personalised service, next day delivery (within agreed time frame), installation....oh, and a handy, functional washing machine. From ordering to installation - every person you deal with loves thier job - they WANT to & DO provide excellent service.

Brilliant as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

I have used Appliances Online several times and have always been delighted with the experience. The delivery guys are awesome and I was kept up to date about the arrival of the goods and they arrived at exactly the time they said they would. Wouldn't shop for appliances anywhere else!

Blown away A+

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

I made a call yesterday about the price difference from night before and the customer service operator was very helpful and agreed to the price I saw the night before. It was the most seamless and professional transaction with the fridge being delivered today, not even 24hrs after ordering it. The delivery people were brilliant with them removing the old fridge to be recycled and placing in the new fridge. Super fast and I will be purchasing from Appliances Online again. Highly recommended. Thank you.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 27 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Best service, price and experience ever from an online store!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2019

Made a purchase of a fridge from Appliances Online and I must say had the best experience in purchasing a product EVER!
From the start to finish you could not fault them. They provided the best price, best advice, kept us informed of delivery date and the driver that installed the fridge, took the old one for recycling and all the packaging after installing it was FANTASTIC! Nothing but praise for this company - THANK YOU!

Belmont

Private message

THESE GUYS COULD TEACH OTHER RETAILERS HOW ITS DONE!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

This is a great company. I bought a washing machine which was an extremely good price. The price included free delivery, installation and disposal of my old washing machine. I ordered it online and within 12 hours it was here and installed. They called before to say they would be here within 40 minutes (and they were on time).

I ended up having a problem with the machine after a few washes so the next working day they turned up to see if it was fixable. It wasn't fixable and they had bought along another new machine in the truck for me which was quickly installed and tested. Thanks to Mitch and Cody who came out here for being so nice and making the whole experience pleasant

Appliances Online could teach their rivals a lot about how to operate. They obviously put customer satisfaction as their number 1 priority. These people are going to be the leaders in the marketplace.

Adelaide

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

So much for the advertised delivery dates

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

I ordered a Blu-ray player on 8/1/19 with supposed next day delivery and "in stock". After a week and no sign of the product, I enquired about the status of the order and was told that there was an instruction that the item was not to be delivered until 25/1/19. There was no satisfactory reason given for this, and I certainly did not give any such instruction.

I was politely assisted online and was sent a follow up Email stating the product would be "delivered" on 17/1/19. O.K. That was acceptable. Today I receive a tracking note stating that the product would be "delivered" (on-time), on 22/1/19. This meant the usual reorganisation of time resources to be home at the new time.

When I queried this contradictory date, I was told that the 17th was the "dispatch" date, not the delivery date.
Now I am pretty sure that the average Australian consumer would expect that when they are being told that an item will be "delivered" on a certain date; they expect that that is the date it will arrive at their home/office.
I tried to get some further assistance online, but received obfuscation and ultimately proffered action to remedy their error. Being disabled is a nuisance, so reliance on clear communication in online shopping excursions is imperative. In this case, it was sadly lacking. That will teach me to pay attention in future.

So make sure that you have a clear understanding when dealing with ANY online organisation. Make sure an "apple" is indeed an "apple".

Brilliant!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2019

Very impressed! Delivery guy ‘julian’ was brilliant. We live in Olinda with a very steep driveway and 16 stairs up into the kitchen. It was no drama at all for them to bring it up and takeaway the old dwasher. I have used AOL twice now and both times it was excellent. Thanks Very much!

Marc Sullivan

Perth

• 1 answer

Worst company I ever encountered

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Would give minus stars, if possible.
Site said stock was available, immediately shipping no problem - their claim! I buy, needing item urgently and even pay a bit more than other site, because AOnline has stock etc.
Promised shipping date- no news- item is still listed as in stock, my money is received by them, but no progress.
Tried online form contact, no reply. Finally PayPal contact form, no reply.
Want my money back, ASAP.
Seems a pattern with them, claiming to have stock, making up false delivery date, then keeping customer money. Next step ACCC complaint, if PayPal refund is not done immediately.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi, we are sorry to hear you have had this experience. If you would please send your order details to customerexperience@winning.com.au we would like to look into this for you.

Australia

Hopeless service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

It's funny how they have plastered their website with various claims of how great their customer service is, because it couldn't be further from the truth.

I bought a dishwasher which broke during the warranty period. I contacted Appliances Online to ask them to resend the invoice so I could claim the repair under warranty.

They completely ignore all contact. Emails are ignored. Facebook messages are read and then also ignored (I don't think they even realise that it shows when they're online and when they read the message).

Once they've got your money, you no longer exist to them. You're on your own no matter what happens.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Hi, I would like to investigate this situation. If you would please send your order details to customerexperience@winning.com.au we would like to look into this for you. Should you have any furthe... read more »

Fabulous service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

We bought a freezer and it arrived the next day. Appliances online remove the rubbish and connected the freezer in exactly the spot that we wanted it. It's our second purchase with them and I'll purchase again if I need electrical items.

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Product paid, invoice incorrect

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I had a washing machine delivered with my name misspelled on the invoice. I was advised by the delivery guys to call them to fix it for me. 10 days now, 3 calls where they said they will correct the invoice and I am still waiting for the new invoice. Twice they said they will fix it on the spot but then blamed the computer, the third time they said they might not be able to correct it as it is a legal document. So I paid almost $1000 and still not able to get the invoice with the correct details which may affect warranty and extended warranty.

Comments
Appliances Online Official

Email sent, thanks

Updated invoice received. Thanks. It might worth to have a chat with people on the phones. They could have fixed it from the beginning, there was no need for me to call 3 times, as this is not good... read more »

Verified Customer

Very happy with ordering and delivery

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Our spare, second hand fridge died a few days before Christmas. We were hosting, so needed a new one fast. Ordered a new one on Saturday afternoon online and it arrived on Monday morning (Christmas Eve). Very happy.

1 of 77 pages