Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2019

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Upon visiting the display home, the sales consultants were always very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating with changes, which made us feel at ease. From the tender signing to the contract signing, our experience with Arden Homes has been terrific! We have made a few changes throughout the planning process and the response has always been positive. Our administrator has kept us well informed of updates and revisions and has been very professional and helpful. Construction of our home is due next week and thus far we are pleased with their service and would definitely recommend Arden homes.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Hill, Thank you for taking the time to complete such a fantastic review and congratulations on reaching the construction stage of your build journey! We are so pleased to hear that you h... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Total disasters!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

We have very smooth sailing through all the administrative work and were so happy with them we even recommended a friend to build with Arden Homes. But when construction start, it was disasters after disasters. On the frame stage, our private inspector picked up 20 non-compliance items. When come to Pre-plaster stage it was almost 50 non-compliance items. The non-compliance went on and on on every stage until the house completed and ready for hand over. Then disaster happened. Both first and ground floor were leaking in multiple places. There were cuts on the ceilings and the walls to locate the leak. Handover was delayed for 3 months. The house was more like a renovated house than a new house!!

Immediately after hand-over, we found many defects while cleaning the house. e.g no door seal on an external door, hole on the wall not seal, window cannot lock, cutlery insert missing, 3 fly screens and the track damaged, tap leaking, data wires dangling, no paint touch-up after sealing holes, doors too low scratching the floor and electrical power point located 50mm under the water outlet of washing machine!! The list goes on .All these should have been picked-up and rectified by Arden Homes prior to handover! Totally irresponsible!

Now is 6th weeks after hand-over and after many rounds of chasing, they still have not fixed the windows, as a result we could not hang the plantation shuttles, A door remains unseal, cutlery tray not deliver, and the data wire remain dangling!!

Please do not be fooled by the smooth sailing in Arden's administrative work. They could not translate the good administrative work unto construction. Do not make final settlement until you have checked the house thoroughly. Once they have collected your money, you are their least priority. Our Job No was 10904.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Rachel, Thank you for your review although we are disappointed to hear that the settlement experience of your journey has caused frustration. We greatly appreciate your feedback and we ... read more »

Excellent Customer service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Very excellent service.Staff well knowledgeable and ready to help in every step.Will recommend to everyone.Price and inclusions good.Good range of products and very good home designs.Every step from sales to tender and contract sign no issue.Fully custom builder can change the design the way you want.Electrical appointment excellent.They have partnership with Clipsal.Hope the construction process will be smooth and easy.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Amit, Thank you for sharing how your experience has been to date. We are delighted to hear that you have been provided with excellent customer service and we are pleased that our standard... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

My experience so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Construction for my home is commencing today, however so far I feel as though our experience with Arden has been great. The experience has been very professional and whenever we have had an inquiry and contacted our administrator, they have been extremely responsive. We have also made numerous changes throughout the planning process, and our administrator was prompt in completing a PCV and sending this to us. Our experience has also been great from the beginning, and our sales consultant was so helpful! We visited the display center many times, and the sales consultant always made time for us, even if we didn't have an appointment. I cant imagine getting a better service. We chose Arden, as we felt as though there service was more personable, rather than bigger volume builders, and we feel as though we have made the right choice thus far!

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Vanessa, Thank you for taking the time to post a review and a big congratulations on reaching the construction stage of your build journey. We are so pleased to hear that our team have pro... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2019

Very Smooth sailing to construction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

From the moment I walked into one of the Arden display homes and met the sales consultant, I knew I made the right choice. That was over 3 years ago, however due to developer issues, it has taken this long to be at the construction point. For the last 3 years the same sales consultant helped navigate me to articulate exactly what I wanted in my dream home. Throughout the process, I changed my mind a couple of times, however she was incredibly professional, gracious and always made me feel at ease. She is an amazing person who is such an assert to Arden Homes. Then, I met the customer service administrator, again, I was blown away by her service and professionalism, and the fact that she kept me informed throughout this process, has certainly made beginning to construction such smooth sailing. I also want to knowledge all the staff that have dealt with my file so far as they have also been very friendly and helpful. The beginning stages are really important to help a customer like myself feel confident that we have chosen the right builder and thus far, I am very satisfied. I look forward to my construction stage and working with Arden Homes to build me dream home.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Nurse 1234, We would like to say a big thank you for taking the time to post such a glowing review! Although it has taken much time to get to the construction stage of your building jour... read more »

Good design

3 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2018

I bought the small land at the beginning of this year and have been looking for the builders for a few months, finally I was recommended Arden home by one of my friends. Because of the small land, it’s hard to build the house as my request, due to some builders who could not change their design, but Arden can redesign for me as I want. That ‘s why I choose them! Hopefully, the house will be built as they promised!

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Ingrid, Thank you for taking the time to post a review and we are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your building journey with us so far. We are very much looking forward to workin... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Arden are a Disgrace!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2018

Arden absolutely don’t deliver their premium standard promise!
Quality of work performed by Tradies is extremely poor and Site Supervisors do not inspect works. Instead they make excuses!
We have been lied to on many occasions, the most infuriating being timeframes which don’t allow us to have our building inspections completed properly.
We wish we had not built with Arden!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Cally, Thank you for your review and we are very sorry to hear of your frustration. We believe our construction team have been in contact with you and will work with you to resolve and answer ... read more »

Review - Beginning to Construction Stage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

Hi, I would like to express our gratitude and appreciation of Arden Homes and their staff who we have had the pressure to work with in the early stages of our build. My wife and I have just advanced to the construction stage of our build and we would like to take this opportunity to thank the staff who have dealt with our file so far. The process has been painless and smooth sailing to this point. The staff members at Arden have been very friendly in communication with us and the customer service and support has been superior. I look forward to our construction stage and working with Arden Homes.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Bernie, Congratulations on reaching the next stage of your build journey, construction is where the excitement really kicks in! Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and we ... read more »

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Stress free!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2018

Our journey with Arden homes so far has been an absolute pleasure. We're currently moving on to the Construction stage of our build journey and honestly we cannot be happier with our decision to build our first home with Arden Homes...

We knew Arden Homes was a company we could trust right from the beginning because we have been treated fairly with open communication and integrity. This is a company worth your investment because the people that works here are the best and care about the quality of their work.

Big shout out to the team that has helped us so far. You're amazing, keep up the great work!

Regards
E & K

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi E & K, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and congratulations on reaching construction stage of your build journey! We are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying yo... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2019

Our Journey to Tender - Five Star experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

Just been through our Tender Appointment last week and now that we've had the weekend to think through our journey so far with Arden, I thought it would be good to pen down our experience.

Short Version: It has been a wonderful experience and we could be more happy with the flexibility that they have shown, the choices that they have provided and most of all the great outcome that we have with our home which is exactly how we want it to be. Having been through a build before, our experience thus has been many times better.... Thanks GG, FS, P, S, BG, WD

Long Version: Our journey started in Nov last year, when we were looking around for land and thought lets go and have a look at houses (just for kicks, we've all done that). At the end of that first round of display home hopping, we narrowed down to two Arden was one and the other being a custom builder (for the main reason that they could build a custom design for us). The first time we walked into the Arden home (Beaumont at Berwick Waters), we were in awe of the finish, design, inclusions and simple things that were standard. That was a big differentiator for us.

We started with a Sales Consultant who then left Arden, but we were very smoothly transferred to another (GG, she has been simply wonderful). We started with the Toulouse, but with the estate requirements we could not make that work, so went onto the Beaumont, but then practicality got in the way (no place to really put the TV) and finally we looked at the Votivo and with Arden's flexibility of design and GG's ideas/inputs we landed on a great design that was exactly what we wanted.

We then went into Selections. In preparation for this, we did a lot ... and I mean a lot of research to make sure that we knew exactly what we wanted when we met with FS and P. Again, Selections was nothing short of great. We walked into the centre quite apprehensive and unsure what to expect (this is our second build, but still...). The day started well and we were easily able to work through all our queries, design changes, colour selections without needing to really upgrade things (we did upgrade a few things, but a lot of it would have anyways needed to be done irrespective of the builder). FS and the team were great in providing input and suggestions and quickly helping us through options when we were undecided. The end result, a very happy customer that know exactly how our house will look at the end of it all.

Then came tender, again not sure what this exactly meant and not sure how one would even want to sign the dotted line without really having the time and information to digest before that. Well the day started with S and BG comforting us that it will all be fine and that we will take it one step at a time and work through it together. At selections, we had asked to price up options for many items so we could make an informed decision. Well this is exactly what we got, options and pricing for each which helped with a good discussion to arrive at a balanced decision (desire v/s affordability). In fact, even on the day, Arden was able to help us with additional options with little hassle which made it all too easy for us. At the end of the day, we walked out very happy with the end outcome and looking forward to the next stage in the next few weeks.

I must also add here, that I've also met WD twice at the Design Lab and on both instances he has been a gem to talk to. He too is building his home with Arden and it was great to see him go through the selections when we were there. Made us feel special knowing that he was going through the same process as us. Warren has also been great in answering a lot of our questions. He really does not need to, he could just direct us to the relevant team; but he has gone out of his way to come back to me on many of my queries. Again, a clear example of someone who has their clients at the front and centre.

I know it is still early stages and is probably too early to make judgements; but our experience thus far has only been positive and going by what we have seen we think we are in good hands to get a home that we will love living in. As we get to construction, a lot will depend on the Site Supervisor that we get but we will cross that hurdle when we get there. Until next time... thanks Arden :)

August 19th 2018 Update: Contract Stage - Smooth as silk

Signed and ready to go… Just had out contract appointment yesterday and thought that I’d summaries how it went

One Phrase: Smooth as silk. . .

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Richard, Thank you for your review and we could not be happier to receive such outstanding feedback! It is so great to hear that our staff have been supportive in guiding you through eac... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2019

Good So Far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2018

We have had a good experience with Arden home. One of the main reason that we chose Arden home because they provide customized design home option.

We paid deposit middle last year to lock the price. The sales consultant is J., she is very nice and helpful and give us a lot of suggestions in the sales stage. In the design stage, our requirements had not been satisfied at first , but after couples of modifications, most of our requirements had been reached. The color and tender stage was scheduled in time. One thing Arden should do is that developing a color selection online system, so we can chose online easily and save our time.

We met 3 administrators,most of them are nice and well trained. Our first admin is E., she is pretty good and very helpful, answering emails in time and provide good solutions for helping us. K. , the other admin, she replys email promptly normally, even I received her email at 7:20 am.

Now we are moving to construction stage, hoping everything goes well.

Sam

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Sam, A big congratulations on reaching the construction stage of your build journey and thank you for taking the time to provide such a glowing review! We are so pleased that you have ha... read more »

Melbourne - Mill Park

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

A wonderful experience so far!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

So far we have had a wonderful experience with Arden Homes. The team at Arden Homes has helped us through our journey of building our home right from the sales to the pre site administration. Customer service has been prompt only with a few minor downs but all was resolved efficiently. Arden homes are great with flexibility and are very honest with pricing. I would highly recommend building with Arden Homes, as for the build we have only just started building so I am hoping we will have a smooth journey and great build quality.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Sunny & Navi, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, we greatly appreciate your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying your build journey with us and... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

TERRIBLE Site management

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

Mid of April, the head office informed me that the framing stage was to be done. I booked an inspection, notified my broker and bank. After several times of delay, suddenly, I was told the framers had gone missing! The site manager said he would fix it soon.
Now, two months have passed, there is no progression!
I am still waiting for the framing to be done. The site manager hasn't updated anything about it, and hasn't even picked up my call for a week!
A volume builder like Arden Homes should not have such terrible ability of project management and such poor responsibility! I am so disappointed.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi Greg.L, Thank you for your feedback on our page although we are very sorry to hear that you have been frustrated with the progress of your home, and the communication from our team. Rest... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Got our keys today! :)

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

We went with Arden because they were the only the only builder that was able to provide a high level of layout customisation to their base design without the hefty price tag of a full custom builder. We were able to revise pretty much the whole 2nd floor bedroom configuration, and some minor tweaks to the ground floor, and a wider than normal 2 car garage.
The standard inclusion were also well appointed, which we stuck with for most items but did upgrade on the electricals, kitchen appliances and a few other areas.
Throughout the whole process, we were kept up to date from the office and as well as the site manger. Our site manager was able to kept us up to date on progress on a weekly basis by a direct phone call or by text when he couldn't reach me.
With the level of customisation that we had, and also with any builds, it's almost inevitable that numerous issues would arise, in most case the site manager was able to pretty much fix most of it. Where there had been disagreement on how to resolve it, I'm glad that Arden management do handle it well and did respond in a positive and professional manner.
So we've settle today! with only a few very minor things to fix up. And our site manager continues to be available for the next 3 months should anything arise.
Oh and they did complete our home in less than the agreed build duration, which means we get to move it sooner.

Comments
Arden Homes Official

Hi KT, Firstly, Congratulations on receiving the keys to your beautiful new home! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and we are thrilled you were able ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Our new home is almost finished and is fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

Our home is due for completion in June.
After many months of planning and lots of decisions the end is in sight!
This is our second time building (first time with Arden) and this time was easier than our first.
Arden Homes offered a great selection of products and the standard inclusions were very impressive.
The standard inclusions are what brought us to Arden in the first place.
Our advice (from people that have built twice) would be to thoroughly read your documentation,
Know your home inside and out before you sign the contract,
And most importantly be decisive. - We didn't make many variations after contract and that saved a lot of stress this time around.
Construction seemed to take forever but now that we are almost done it wasn't that bad.
It was frustrating when trades were not on site for a lot of the time and sometimes they mucked things up.
But at the end of the day our supervisor resolved things.
Just be patient and expect to have to ride some bumps.
We are very thankful to the Arden team members we have dealt with.
We can not wait to move in!
Can not wait swim in our pool and have very small electricity bills (Thanks Tesla battery)!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Building our dream home

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2018

We are currently in the process of our build having just finished frame stage with our hebel about to go on. From the minute we went into the design lab Arden have been highly professional and accommodating. We have requested many changes as we have gone along and Rachael and Steph in the office along with our site supervisor Steve are making sure everything we request we are getting and weekly phone calls and updates are very comforting. We are confident with the way the build is going we will be in right on schedule. Will post another review once we are complete.

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Low quality, no follow up and irresponsible site supervisor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2018

Our house just settled in March, when we moved in, we found the refrigerator space was not correct and one side of cladding wall was not even straight, on the drawing we signed stated 900mm, however, the actual measurement was 865mm in the front and 875mm in the back due to the unstraight cladding wall. We talked to our site supervisor in March and he was promised to give us a solution in two week time, but we haven't got response until now, it is really hard to reach him now, every time we contacted him, he either was not able to talk or stating he is working on this. We have been moved in for 6 weeks, but there are still a lot of other issues not been fixed and no one actually contacted us. this is terrible experience, will never build with Arden Homes ever!!!!

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 7 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2015

Horrible Experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

My experience with Arden has been nothing but painful and a big waste of time. I really regret building with them. I moved in March 2015 and when I started landscaping, under the soil there was big chunks of bricks scattered around the backyard under the soil. Half a brick, chunks of brick, a whole brick etc.. So instead of cleaning it all when the build was done, why was it in buried into the ground? Not just one brick but scattered across the whole back of the property under the soil where we could not see it unless you dig up the soil. We removed bricks each time we tried to plant a tree.
The aggregate concrete had a crack. They recently said it was not wide enough so refused to fix it. Said that the warranty on aggregate concrete was 1 year and the crack is currently less than 1.5mm. We told them about the crack within one year but they did not get back to us until after that time and then said we were out of time and also told is that the crack is currently less than 1.5mm. When we first raised it with them nobody said anything that the warranty on it was one year and had to be more than 1.5mm. Go figure.
The major and most painful problem was the fact that the house was making a noise when the wind blows like a loud buzzing ship's horn. When we called them they said it's the wind's fault. So we recorded it and kept contacting them to get it fixed because it went sometimes all through the night and it was coming from outside the master bedroom. No one could sleep. A couple of years of sleepless nights and it still has not been fixed. Their people came in to try to and fix it a couple of times but it is still there. They have no idea why that noise is there or what is causing it so we asked them to get a qualified building inspector to come in because two weeks ago we again recorded the noise. It was still there. No reply.
We had to spend time arguing with them before they did something about it.
Initially this was the reply of their maintenance manager.
I received email from Bayhill in regards to noise front of property, they have advised the noise is wind blowing through gutters and gutters vibrating. The over flows have to be there as part of plumbing code, and these cannot be sealed up to stop vibration. As this issue is caused by high winds we cannot help you any further with this issue.
This is my reply to them.
That is not the case and you know it. If this does not get fixed I will be taking the matter further because it was a brand new house and it should not be making that kind of noise. I do not care for their silly reasons and explanation as it makes no sense. My parent's house was built new, it makes no noises, my sister's house was built new and makes no noises when the wind blows. Both not built with Arden. The wind does not even have to be high to make that level of banging noise at my house. And since your workers came in last Monday and did something, they have made the noise worse. Since I have moved in it has been making that noise to the extent that I cannot sleep. You are welcome to come sleep here in the master bedroom for yourself and see how long you last. Even downstairs you can hear it. Also tell those people in relation to their hand wiping reply, my neighbours house/gutters doesn't make that noise. My neighbour across the road also has no problems. The wind at my place must be worse than theirs or maybe all their builders didn't comply with building regulations hence why they didn't get any gutter noises. My house must be specially built by better Arden contractors that comes with noise when the wind blows. Makes so much sense now. I must live in a high wind zone being Keysborough similar to that of the North Pole. Please ask them to submit to me a wind report saying that there's been high wind problems in Keysborough since I moved in. There must be an invisible shield that protects my neighbours from the special wind they are talking about and somehow that invisible shield doesn't cover my house.
The finally agreed to fix it and said that it was the gutter clips that was the problem. Came in did something to the property but noise still there.
I would give them zero stars if I could. I have called them this morning again to ask for their legal departments details but they refused to provide any information and said someone will call me back.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Chirnside Park

• 2 helpful votes

Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Arden delivered our dream home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

Our overall sales, design and building experience with Arden Homes with nothing short of excellent. From the moment we entered the display home to talk to the best sales lady in the land, the communication, honesty and ability to make changes was easy and exactly what we were looking for in a home builder.

This was our family home and we put our heart and soul into the design and choosing the ‘right’ builder. After our initial consultation, design and preliminary pricing it was evident that Arden was the right builder for us. The inclusions included in the base price are far superior to other builders (volume and custom). The quality of product was also a draw-card for us. All reputable brands with great reviews and quality products on offer. The transition to the office from sales was easy, the contract admin staff were easy to deal with, very thorough and always followed up anything we had concerns or questions about. The paperwork was easy to read, make-sense and also very well documented during the contract stages.

The build was a very nervous time for us, but our first-class SS made the process a breeze. His knowledge, attention to detail and care for the house he was building for us was clear from the very beginning. Arden delivered us our 40 square double storey home in just over nine months.
We pick up the keys this week and have done all our final inspections and defects (close to none). The build was near faultless; all issues were communicated and then rectified. All site works were done to a high standard with trades that actually care for their workmanship. We cannot thank Arden Homes enough and the staff we had that have delivered us our brand new family home!

The quality is in the finish and our home looks exceptional! Thank you again Arden Homes!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Dream come true!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2018

Hey folks, we went down the custom builder track based on Ardens display home in Keysborough which we were blown away with compared to other display homes. Initial process was pretty smooth and pain free..... we enlisted their architect to draw up the plans at a fraction of the cost of private architects and he did a magnificent job, could not have been happier. Tender and colour appointments went well and we were excited to sign on the dotted line.
Once soil was turned it was full steam ahead, these guys didn’t muck around. Our supervisor was in constant contact with us due to the unique design which required quite a bit of “on the run” decision making. I believe this method probably eliminated a lot of unnecessary mistakes.
Couldn’t complain about the length of build. We had anticipated 12 months but to our surprise it was wrapped up in 9 months!
After the excitement and stress of moving in we are now currently working our way through the 3 month maintenance period. Usual minor issues to complete which Arden have been steadily working their way through.
All in all we’ve had a very good experience and now have an awesome house all to ourselves (and the many people who stop out the front and take photos!) Cheers Arden, look forward to the next one.

1 of 3 pages