• 1 comment

Ascent workboots

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

I purchased the suede work boots, just to try them out, and they were comfortable, light (but let the water through) and lasted about 8 months. I changed to the black work boots (which are waterproof) because I work outdoors every day and they lasted about 8 months too. I've been purchasing them ever since (about 4 years).

My last purchase was the suede boots again, because my usual boots were out of stock, but I'm a bit disappointed that they haven't gone the distance this time - 4 months and both soles are starting to peel off. I'm not sure if the product specs have been changed or whether it's just a problem with that pair - any advice would be great.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Farm Gardener thank you for your review of our work boots. It is great to hear you are happy with the comfort and weight. If the outsole is starting to peel off your latest pair I would recommen... read more »

Thanks for the advice. Still like the boots.

Blayney

Black school shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

My son has had three pairs of school shoes (one each year). They are comfortable for him and last him all year! Some people I have spoken to get cheaper shoes and several a year. It's worth paying a little bit more and getting these shoes that last nearly 12 months. Highly recommended.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Bec thanks for the review. It is great to hear you are happy with our school shoes!

5 pairs same busted soles

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2017

Comfortable BUT.....
First pair the leather came apart on sides and both soles cracked in half in about 10 months.
Replaced under warranty, thanks BUT.......
No surprises same thing in about 12 months.
I also stepped on a nail (Blunt end up very deep) with these boots on and ended up with a chunk of rubber stuck in my foot for 5 weeks, infection and all. These boots have No protection against piercing.
All 3 of my brothers have had these boots and exactly the same thing, 5 pairs in total same huge cracks in soles. Enough said.
Theres no way the company dosent know there a problem with the soles on these boots.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Marti, thanks for taking the time to review our footwear. We value each and every review whether it is positive or negative. We are aware of an issue with a production of the Alpha2 boot and hav... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Quality + value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2017

Ascent Sustain cross-trainers are durable, reliable, fit-for-purpose sneakers. I've just ordered my third pair because my two previous pairs served me thoroughly whilst being worn almost nonstop in all conditions, including a lot of hiking in rough bush terrain. I owned and used no other shoes for daily shoes in the past six years because each pair lasted for three years with no loss of function, until the stitching and laces began to fray. I was frustrated that I could only buy from Athletes Foot which is >1 hour drive, so was delighted to discover online direct ordering is now available. I trust that quality and service from the online ordering team will be as reliable as the shoes have been.

Darwin

• 2 comments

Overpriced imported rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2017

My wife bought these for me and got conned, paid 250 au. Just over 12 months and both soles split, heal separation. Absolute junk for rip off price. Never again will I buy any ascent product, fb all my mates, I'm still yelling...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Alpha 2 workboots FYI

Ascent Official

Hi Kenny, Thanks for taking the time to post a review. Can I ask if you have sought advice from your place of purchase as we are aware of a issue with a batch of outsoles that are splitting prematu... read more »

Well I am surprised, picked up the new boots today, no charge, bad batch they said. Problem solved thanks

Private message

Awesome customer service, delivery and shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

We just LOVE ascent footwear and dont wear anything else they are hard wearing, supportive, and made well.

My daughters school shoes and running shoes are only ever Ascent. Thank you for having the best customer service by far the best shoes and for making a shoe that I dont have to worry about I just know they are going to be good each and every time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Not impressed, they are over price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2017

For the price they aren't as comfortable as you advertise, my last pair of mongrels where way more comfortable, you were recommended by my podiatrist but I won't be listening to him again.

Was very disappointed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2017

Bought 2 pairs of 4E width shoes from Ascent that gave me foot pain the more I wore them. I have worn 4E width shoes for 20 years +.
After discussing issue with my podiatrist it was determined there must have been an issue with the Ascent shoes. Ascent refunded me the unworn pair, but refused to refund the pair I had already worn as I was a week out of their warranty period. Ascent claimed their shoes were made to spec and every other brand I have worn over 20 years must have been manufactured incorrectly.
Not impressed and will never buy from Ascent again.

Mooloolaba

ABSOLUTE RIP OFF!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2016

My child wore your $100 pair of "school shoes" for 3-4 months before the stitching came apart!
They were sent to you and it took you 4 weeks to deem the issue to be due to normal wear and tear and you would not repair or replace them???
If your company cannot manufacture "school shoes" that can't withstand more than 3-4 months wear and tear then I would suggest you get out of the business of making them and stop ripping off struggling Families!!!
I'm so disgusted in your quality and service and I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ASCENT FOOTWEAR AGAIN!!!
Rest assured I will be voicing my opinion and review far and wide!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Amanda, Thanks for voicing your opinion about the shoes you purchased. We are yet to receive further information from you so we can investigate the situation. As I am sure you can imagine school... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

The worst most uncomfortable pair of shoes

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2016

I have worn ascent shoes for years this pair kills my feet, they make the soles of my feet feel bruised and can hardly walk around after taking them off.I have never experienced such pain from a pair of shoes before, I paid $175.00 for this.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Allison, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us to date. At Ascent we appreciate your feedback and have passed your comments on to our product development team. Can you please conf... read more »

mortdale

Private message

Excellent Service Very Helpful Thank You !!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2015

I bought these shoes and wasn't happy with them , so i asked to return them and get different ones , they were soooooo helpful didn't argue with me and said sure , posted out my new ones and was so happy , a girl called rose helped me out !! great shoes very comfy !!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi, Thank you very much for choosing us and sharing your thoughts online! We hope to serve you again in the future! Regards Ascent Footwear.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

lasted 6 months wearing periodically, had reviewed by ascent and was told general wear and tear.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2015

Have had 3 pairs over the years been very happy until this last pair... $170 shoes should not do this, no more recommendations from me to fellow workers, time for me to buy a new brand.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi There, I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with us to date. At Ascent we appreciate your feedback and have past you comments on to our product development team. If in the future you req... read more »

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
Private message

Expensive, wear is poor and another ankle problem

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2015

Paid $220 for these boots at Athletes foot. After 13 months noticed the sole on the left boot was coming away at the edges. Further inspection at a bootmakers showed this had been happening for a while.
Took back to Athletes foot who said they sent back to Ascent who advised this was fair wear and tear. Maybe on the right boot - which was about half worn but still intact.
As for the left boot it has a manufacturing fault and for the money I expect better. I usually get 3-5 years from much cheaper boots.
I don't give Athletes foot a tick either as when I commented that I hadn't even worn out the innersoles( which they also sold me) they said must be a good pair of innersoles - I would have thought at least here's a discount on something better - as if you sell it it's your product to me.
Interesting on the ankle comments as I also developed a chronic sprained ankle after wearing these boots for about 3 months - on the right ankle which was the good boot!!!
Never had a problem before.
So I would concur with others here on the problem with instability around the ankle.
Note - I had these properly fitted at Athletes foot.
I will now put these in the bin.
In short very comfy, wear badly when worked in and bad for the ankles.
A very expensive pair of slippers maybe?
In one word.
Rubbish

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

I'm sorry but this is pretty hollow as according to the Athletes foot store in Grafton they returned the boots to you and replacement was rejected as falling apart in 13 months was reasonable wear ... read more »

Sydney

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers

achilles tendon PAIN Beware

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2014

Really try these before you buy - the boot does not allow your feet to roll correctly - now after 4 days only of wear major pain in Achilles tendons in both legs to the point of inability to walk correctly when you take these boots off and you are at home - boots are way to high at the back and do not allow mobility of the feet even though they are supposed to be podiatrist certified - obviously whomever reviewed this item has never worked the outdoors or workshops as a tradie !

+ comfort of the boot

- achilles tendon - major pain in both legs

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Ascent Official

FIve Boys Five Years Five Stars

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

For the past 5 years our 5 boys have been wearing black Ascent Cross Trainers to school. We have been super impressed with their durability and comfort. Day in and day out our boys give them a flogging - running, climbing kicking, jumping - and the shoes always last the whole year, and then some.

The only thing we're disappointed about is that the shoes don't grow with the boys feet. :)

Highly recommended!

Comments
Ascent Official

Thank you for giving us 5 stars for your 5 boys Rick! It is great to hear we have developed footwear durable enough to pass their daily test.

Verified Customer

The best shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Our whole family wear these shoes. The kids school shoes last until they grow out of them and that is mostly over a year. Dad has worn them to work and they've lasted 5+ years. Quality shoes that last! Highly recommend!

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Rosey, thank you for trusting us with shoes for your family. We are proud to be able to offer footwear solutions for everyone!

Verified Customer

Best work/dress shoe:- Ascent Elite

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2019

Elite by name elite in function, comfortability, and value. I wear elite shoes every day for work and love them. Highly recommend them.

Comments
Ascent Official

Thank you for your review Phil. The Elite is one of our most cushioned work shoes, so it is great to hear you love them!

Voyager Rouge - Most Comfortable Walking Shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

The Voyager Rouge is by far my favourite walking shoe whilst holidaying in Europe, you can easily wear them all day, they are just so comfortable and look smart. I like the way Ascent is always adding new styles to the Women's range of footwear.

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Melinda, thank you for your review. We are glad to hear the Voyager made a great travel companion in Europe!

Great work shoes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

My Ascent shoes were delivered promptly as promised. I can wear my orthotics in them without problem and I have found them to be comfortable and supportive for all day on-the-go wear at work.

Comments
Ascent Official

Thank you for your review Katrina. We hope you enjoy the comfort and support at work!

Very comfortable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2019

I have been wearing Ascent gym shoes for years
Very comfortable and long lasting
I regularly recommend them to anyone

Comments
Ascent Official

Hi Kymb, thanks for your positive review of our shoes. Thank you for recommending them to others.

1 of 14 pages

Are the soles anti static in the ascent avara ladies shoes?

Mandy asked on Mar 04, 2018

Hi Mandy
The Avara is not an antistatic shoe.
Regards
Team Ascent

Does any of the ascent work shoes provide as much support and motion control as the brooks beast.? I did go to an athlete's foot store but they couldn't find any.

Dblk89 asked on Aug 18, 2017

Answer this

Hi, Thanks for your question.

Yes we have a number of workboots that provide support and motion control through the use of mid foot stabiliser and firm thermoplastic heel counters. It you are looking for a model with a high degree of torsional support I would recommend the following style: https://store.ascentfootwear.com.au/slip-resistant/129206-oxide-black-male-senior.

Hi, I have gone through a few pairs of the Sigma work boots in a size USM 10, my last pair being the SKU#11743 (4E) in a USM size 10 - each pair has fit perfectly and was super comfortable instantly... I recently got a pair of the Alpha 2 SKU #129467 (4E) also in a USM size 10 and they are a smaller shoe on my foot and the composit caps gave me blisters after a day's wear. I gave it a week and tried again with the same result. I spoke to the General manager about this and he assured me that both shoes were made from the same mould and were egsactly the same size... I have phoned all the stockists within an hours drive from my home with the hopes of trying on some other sizes, but couldn't find anyone who had the sizes I wanted to try on. My question is: what is the next step? My overal disappoint derived mainly from the conversation I had with the sales manager would prompt me to place the boots in a charity bin and try another brand :(

Tbar asked on Feb 03, 2017

Answer this

Hi, As noted in previous email communication the Alpha 2 zip boot is made on a completely different platform than your old Sigma slip on boot hence the reason the size you have chosen doesn't fit you. Because your employer has supplied the boot to you they would have need to communicate this with their supplier to arrange a replacement/exchange.

Hi, I apologise for my previous mis communication, but I have also had a pair of the previous version of the Alpha zip boots. These were also a (4E) US size 10. The Alpha 2 is a smaller boot that the previous Alpha model.

My employer made contact with the place of purchase and was told that they could not be exchanged as the boots had been worn.

See all 8 questions about Ascent Footwear