Move made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My mum recently downsized from a very large house and the whole process of selling her home of many years that she was very attached to was very stressful for her but from the very first meeting with Diane, mum felt at ease and wouldn't trust anyone else with her move. Diane assessed mum's needs accurately and efficiently. She clearly answered all mum's questions and never pressured mum into a decision. The move itself was only a short distance but had an added complication of everything going in to storage for 10 days. The fact that mum's things were not being double handled to go into storage gave her peace of mind as some of mum's things have become frail with age but are high in sentimental value to her. The team were amazing in their care of lifting and packing everything up and constantly reassured mum along the way in a friendly and caring manner. They even moved some of mum's plants doing a special drop off. They were punctual and tidy in their work and very experienced and made the whole process easy and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Like watching removalist ballet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Ashtons moved a piano one suburb over for me down steep driveways and over steps and around tight corners. The piano was barely jostled throughout the move and no walls were touched at all. It was raining so they covered the piano and it's seat while it was exposed to the rain and dried their wheels before rolling over carpet. They even went above and beyond the call of duty and lifted the piano for me to put carpet protectors under the wheels once it was in it's new spot.

Overall I found the staff, including the receptionist, friendly, efficient and very helpful. The service was affordable, painless and comprehensive. If I ever have to move house again I will be calling Ashtons first. Absolute legends, thank you.

Moving experts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

I have moved a complete 3 bedroom house with htese guys and cannot recommend them more highly. The expertise they brought on the day and the expereince was just what I was looking for. Helpful, very friendly and absolute lovely guys. The way they handle all the products was just what i expected. I couldn´t have chosen better.

HOPE ISLAND

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer

Disappointing and not very helpful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

We moved from Carrara to Hope Island and although the removalists were pleasant enough, they were not very helpful. They arrived on time, took 2 hours to load the van but surprisingly took over 4 hours to unload, due to numerous breaks! In all our previous moving experiences it has always taken longer to load than unload.

We asked if they would help my wife and I assemble our 6 foot bed and were told quite bluntly that if Ashtons didn't dismantle the unit then they can't reassemble. My wife has arthritis in her hands, we are in our mid 60's and the bed requires at least 2 people to assemble. The 6ft mattress is very heavy and cumbersome. Needless to say, we were not impressed and this is the first time in 20 moves that we did not provide a tip.

We will not be using Ashtons again in the future and would not recommend their service. Very disappointing all round.

Comments
Ashtons Removals Official

Hi Steve We were very disappointed to read that you were unhappy with the service we provided during your recent local removal. Ashtons Removals strives to provide the most professional removal se... read more »

We are very disappointed with your response concerning the 2 main issues raised and refute the points made about the delivery and access for the following reasons: 1. Your Assessor at the time of ... read more »

Verified Customer

Nothing was too much ch trouble!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I had some large furniture pieces I was moving form Nerang to Kingscliff. Coming up from Sydney to clear out my mothers house time was at a premium.
The booking was handled in a friendly and efficient way, accommodating my needs and timing with a can do approach. The guys arrived on time at 7.15am and we were packed and on the road within an hour. At the other end furniture had to be relocated to accommodate the delivery. By about 10am the job was done. The guys were helpful, friendly, polite careful with my things and nothing was too much trouble. I can't thank them enough for their help!! Great work and I would definitely recommend Ashton's if you are looking for help moving.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

ABSOLUTELY 5 STAR SERVICE

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

From the office staff who kept in touch prior to moving day, through to the movers & shakers, our relocation was professional and seamless. We opted to have all the wrapping and packing done, plus a week in storage between properties, and everything arrived in the same condition it was collected. The men on the truck couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful in what is such a tough job ... they are credit to the company. For a trouble free move, I do not think Ashtons can be beaten.

House Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

I recently had Ashton's move my three bedroom house from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

I found them very efficient and the workers really friendly.

I would recommend their service for others.

Great peace of mind!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

From my initial phone call to inquire about moving an antique grand piano, the service was great. Information was emailed promptly and on the day the piano arrived, the boys took plenty of time and care, with our precious cargo. All were friendly and professional from start to finish. Very happy.

Smooth and courteous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I moved from a four bed house on Gold Coast to south coast of NSW. The actual upload took about 5 hours in the rain. It all went very smoothly. My furniture was delivered on time and took about 4 hours to unload. The men at both ends were very good but particularly the ones on the Gold coast. They were very careful of all my goods.

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

From the moment of arranging a free quote, to unpacking the last box after the move, Ashton’s Removals proved themselves to be friendly, helpful and accommodating of our every need. We plan to move again in 6 months and will definitely be booking them in. On the day, the boys were especially helpful and a real blessing. It felt like they were your mates and had your back!!

Professional, friendly and caring

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

From my initial phone call through to the completion of the move, I was very impressed. Everyone was professional, friendly and respectful. The move was a short distance but included a second drop off at another suburb. The crew were extremely obliging and helpful making sure the correct furniture was dropped off at the correct addresses. The crew went out of their way making sure the furniture was placed correctly and all boxes were put in the correct rooms. The crew were very hard workers!

Efficient, friendly, professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

Four bedroom house, but not full of furniture. Only moved several kms to the next suburb. All went to clockwork from start to finish. Very impressed with the professionalism of the team. These guys are hard workers!

Quick response, well organized

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

very basic furniture without any domestic contents and belongings.
That is short distance.
Yes, they gave me a ring before they arrive.

Ticked All Our Boxes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

We moved 100 km from a 4 bedroom to 3 bedroom house. Because there was a 4 week time lag between leaving our old home and taking up residence at our new place, Ashton's stored our furniture in their warehouse for that period. All of the services provided by Ashton's were professional, efficient and tailored to our personal needs. The lady who came to assess our needs was thorough, precise and submitted the quote to us on time as promised. The removalists were friendly, cooperative and very well-organised. We were won over by the storage system employed by Ashton's, which involves the use of modules stored in a weather-proof environment. Thanks to Ashton's our move was trouble-free!

Great Service & Smooth Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

After having my personal effects in store for 2 years with Ashtons on the Gold Coast, the move to my new home in South Australia went very smoothly. The contacts within their organisation were ever helpful and I was kept informed of the progress of the delivery. The delivery guys did an excellent job in placing furniture and boxes where I wanted them. Once unpacked, I found everything just as it had been packed 2 years previously; I commend Ashtons on their storage methods and facility. Keep it up, it works.

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers

Outstanding Removalists - BEST in the Industry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Moving interstate comes with its challenges as the nature of our work means we have ample experience in doing so, however Ashtons Removalists from the first point of contact was professional and timely throughout, keeping us continually up to date and made our move stress free. Our son had previously used this company from the Gold Coast to Melbourne and back, and the way they handled his move so smoothly was an overriding factor, with a midrange cost in comparison to others and outstanding reviews to continue providing the power in easing our decision. From a 4bdrm house on the Gold Coast to an Urban Melbourne City dwelling, the guys in both cities handled our belongings with care and professionalism and were very friendly and courteous, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ashtons Removals, as they are a cut above the rest in this industry and we will certainly be using their services again.

The Smoothest Move Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

A moderate size move involving 2 levels and a piano. The distance was just 40km and all arrived in the condition it was shipped in. No breakage no damage. The team arrived on time and delivery was ahead of time as settlement was earlier than scheduled. The team were outstanding as were the people at the office. Of almost 20 moves over 50 years THIS was the best.

Great service and experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

We needed a piano moved from one end of the coast to the other, so while not a massive job or big distance, it was still a tricky one. The piano was an elderly lady's grandmothers, so very precious to her. She was relocating and downsizing and simply no longer had room for it, but was understandably reluctant to let it go. After contacting several companies about moving it, we decided to use Ashtons based on price and reputation, and they didn't let us down. The move was handled smoothly, quickly and on time, and the elderly owner was very reassured that her piano was in safe hands on its way to us. Very happy with everything, thanks Ashtons!

Nerang

• 1 helpful vote

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Although the distance of the move was quite short, it was a little complicated as it involved picking up from and delivering to three separate locations. From the initial in-home consultation until the last item was unloaded, the move went like clock work. We were really impressed by the professionalism of the team and just how efficient the move was - all on time, under budget and super friendly service.

Local Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

My removal was from a unit to house approximately 15 minutes away. Service was extremely good in all aspects -from the receptionist to quotation on job to delivery staff. Staff displayed expertise, helpfulness, friendliness and professionalism in every way. Great care was taken with all my goods. I would not hesitate to use Ashtons again.

March 11th 2018 Update: Professional service in removal

This was second move I have made with Ashtons within 6 weeks. First was my daughters from a unit to my home and second was from my home to another home a short distance away. Altogether last move was extremely large being 2 households to become 1. Move was handled with professional, helpful and caring staff from initial phone call to quote of job and to delivery staff. Timing was punctual and executed with no breakages or damage, which was remarkable as 2 removal trucks were required. I would not hesitate to recommend Ashtons Removals to every one I know or meet. A huge thankyou to all involved.

1 of 8 pages