Saved the day

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

My husband and I were coming up from Sydney to move my mother from one place to the other on the Gold Coast. A few days before my husband injured himself and couldn't help. Ashtons had previously been recommended to me by a friend so I rang and asked if they could help out at short notice. They were great, turned up on time, fast service, friendly guys and it made our day so much easier.

Moving house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Great service from beginning to end. Everyone was very helpful. I moved from a 4 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom home a few kms away. The boys arrived on time, they were very polite, considerate and careful. My furniture was stored in van overnight and delivered promptly the next morning. Again the boys were very professional, cheerful, funny and extremely careful. Would recommend to anyone.

twine.@aapt.net.au

Private message

Verified Customer

The best removalists we have ever used in about a dozen moves over almost 50 years!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Ashtons Removals on the Gold Coast is the most professional, caring & competent Removalist firm we have ever encountered!
Our removal was for a 'downsizing' from a large freestanding home at Broadbeach Waters to new ( but much smaller) apartment at Broadbeach. However our furniture & belongings had to be stored for a few days (or more); pending settlement for our unit.
From the initial visit to our home by their consultant, some weeks prior to the planned pickup date; to give a written quotation of costs involved, amount of removal cartons required (35) & advise method of temporary storage: "podding" (small containers), & # of men required for move. The next step involved setting up the actual pickup date & time for their specialist 'pod loader' truck to be available. Once these dates/times for loading & unloading were confirmed, the cartons (35) for packing were delivered a week before pickup date. On the pickup day, the Removalist truck arrived at the time due (7:30am) & the 3 sealable "pods" on truck were loaded in the allocated time (4 hours). Prior to commencing loading the removalists listed & numbered all cartons, tubs & individual pieces of furniture & gave us a computer list of same for our records! The few days temporary storage 'dragged out' to 5 weeks because of settlement delays with our apartment but this was not a problems for Ashtons as we kept them 'in the loop'. On the day of delivery Ashtons had an allocated 'delivery window' of 7:00am to 11:00am for use of furniture lift in our Apartment building. Removal truck arrived on time (@7:00am!) accompanied by a small utility which was then used to 'shuttle' our items from the 'pods' on the truck to the basement lift loading dock. All our furniture was arranged as we required within the unit & the job completed & signed off at 10:30am!
We have never before experienced such a professional, caring & punctual treatment from a Removalist as we had received this time from Ashtons Removals & of recommending them as: "The best Removalists on the Gold Coast!"

P.S. Some 2 weeks later after unpacking, they even picked up the (30+) empty removal cartons "for free!"

Moving stress free

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

We had a four bedroom home including all outdoor furniture, statues and plants moved. We moved Elanora to Tweed Heads South. The guys were right on time 7:30 am and and move incredibly fast and had us in our new home early in the afternoon . The men were fantastic, good humoured and very polite, they couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely recommend Ashton's to anyone looking for a incredibly professional removal company. Words can't explain how happy we were.

Ashtons Removals Top Removal Company

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

We used Ashtons on the Gold Coast to pack and do a house furniture removal recently. Erica was very professional and understanding. For the actual packing and moving what a great bunch of guys we had. Such hard workers, thoughtful, careful and nice guys. Great job Ashtons. Would highly recommend them, & everyone I dealt with they were fabulous. Would use them again.

Verified Customer

Seamless and safe removals and storage

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Both large and small moves involved. Each occasion excellent. Staff are helpful, extremely obliging in dealing with furniture and possessions are moved and stored with meticulous care.

Good job well done

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2018

We needed to move a theatre organ onto a new platform on the stage in our hall.
The job was handled efficiently and professionally, and in the time frame planned.

Move made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2018

My mum recently downsized from a very large house and the whole process of selling her home of many years that she was very attached to was very stressful for her but from the very first meeting with Diane, mum felt at ease and wouldn't trust anyone else with her move. Diane assessed mum's needs accurately and efficiently. She clearly answered all mum's questions and never pressured mum into a decision. The move itself was only a short distance but had an added complication of everything going in to storage for 10 days. The fact that mum's things were not being double handled to go into storage gave her peace of mind as some of mum's things have become frail with age but are high in sentimental value to her. The team were amazing in their care of lifting and packing everything up and constantly reassured mum along the way in a friendly and caring manner. They even moved some of mum's plants doing a special drop off. They were punctual and tidy in their work and very experienced and made the whole process easy and I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Like watching removalist ballet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

Ashtons moved a piano one suburb over for me down steep driveways and over steps and around tight corners. The piano was barely jostled throughout the move and no walls were touched at all. It was raining so they covered the piano and it's seat while it was exposed to the rain and dried their wheels before rolling over carpet. They even went above and beyond the call of duty and lifted the piano for me to put carpet protectors under the wheels once it was in it's new spot.

Overall I found the staff, including the receptionist, friendly, efficient and very helpful. The service was affordable, painless and comprehensive. If I ever have to move house again I will be calling Ashtons first. Absolute legends, thank you.

Moving experts

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

I have moved a complete 3 bedroom house with htese guys and cannot recommend them more highly. The expertise they brought on the day and the expereince was just what I was looking for. Helpful, very friendly and absolute lovely guys. The way they handle all the products was just what i expected. I couldn´t have chosen better.

Verified Customer

Nothing was too much ch trouble!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

I had some large furniture pieces I was moving form Nerang to Kingscliff. Coming up from Sydney to clear out my mothers house time was at a premium.
The booking was handled in a friendly and efficient way, accommodating my needs and timing with a can do approach. The guys arrived on time at 7.15am and we were packed and on the road within an hour. At the other end furniture had to be relocated to accommodate the delivery. By about 10am the job was done. The guys were helpful, friendly, polite careful with my things and nothing was too much trouble. I can't thank them enough for their help!! Great work and I would definitely recommend Ashton's if you are looking for help moving.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

ABSOLUTELY 5 STAR SERVICE

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

From the office staff who kept in touch prior to moving day, through to the movers & shakers, our relocation was professional and seamless. We opted to have all the wrapping and packing done, plus a week in storage between properties, and everything arrived in the same condition it was collected. The men on the truck couldn't have been more pleasant and helpful in what is such a tough job ... they are credit to the company. For a trouble free move, I do not think Ashtons can be beaten.

House Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2018

I recently had Ashton's move my three bedroom house from Brisbane to the Gold Coast.

I found them very efficient and the workers really friendly.

I would recommend their service for others.

Great peace of mind!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

From my initial phone call to inquire about moving an antique grand piano, the service was great. Information was emailed promptly and on the day the piano arrived, the boys took plenty of time and care, with our precious cargo. All were friendly and professional from start to finish. Very happy.

Smooth and courteous

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2018

I moved from a four bed house on Gold Coast to south coast of NSW. The actual upload took about 5 hours in the rain. It all went very smoothly. My furniture was delivered on time and took about 4 hours to unload. The men at both ends were very good but particularly the ones on the Gold coast. They were very careful of all my goods.

Peace of mind

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

From the moment of arranging a free quote, to unpacking the last box after the move, Ashton’s Removals proved themselves to be friendly, helpful and accommodating of our every need. We plan to move again in 6 months and will definitely be booking them in. On the day, the boys were especially helpful and a real blessing. It felt like they were your mates and had your back!!

Professional, friendly and caring

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

From my initial phone call through to the completion of the move, I was very impressed. Everyone was professional, friendly and respectful. The move was a short distance but included a second drop off at another suburb. The crew were extremely obliging and helpful making sure the correct furniture was dropped off at the correct addresses. The crew went out of their way making sure the furniture was placed correctly and all boxes were put in the correct rooms. The crew were very hard workers!

Efficient, friendly, professional.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 09, 2018

Four bedroom house, but not full of furniture. Only moved several kms to the next suburb. All went to clockwork from start to finish. Very impressed with the professionalism of the team. These guys are hard workers!

Quick response, well organized

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

very basic furniture without any domestic contents and belongings.
That is short distance.
Yes, they gave me a ring before they arrive.

Ticked All Our Boxes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

We moved 100 km from a 4 bedroom to 3 bedroom house. Because there was a 4 week time lag between leaving our old home and taking up residence at our new place, Ashton's stored our furniture in their warehouse for that period. All of the services provided by Ashton's were professional, efficient and tailored to our personal needs. The lady who came to assess our needs was thorough, precise and submitted the quote to us on time as promised. The removalists were friendly, cooperative and very well-organised. We were won over by the storage system employed by Ashton's, which involves the use of modules stored in a weather-proof environment. Thanks to Ashton's our move was trouble-free!

1 of 7 pages

how much is the average monthly storage fees charged by removalist if you have to store before they deliver to new address?

Fela Duce asked on Jul 04, 2015

Answer this

Sorry, can't really answer this question as it depends on how much you have to store. Great company though, and would recommend them to anyone.

Gee sounds like an ad

Good afternoon Fela. Grace is correct in advising that the storage rates depend on the volume of goods that you have to be stored with us. As you are aware, we store goods in modules and our storage rates depend on how many of these modules a client uses, but so that you know, for the first module we charge $25.00 per week and for each additional module it's an extra $20.00 per week. Therefore, if you had 5 modules of goods in store the weekly storage charges would be $105.00 per week - so for a four week month you'd be paying $420.00 and for a five week month you would be paying $525.00. We do only charge for the storage up to the date that the goods are delivered so if you've paid your storage in advance, any applicable refund would be paid back to you following delivery. I hope this helps but if you'd like more information please call the office on 07 5527 9700. Thank you.