Ticked All Our Boxes!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 17, 2018

We moved 100 km from a 4 bedroom to 3 bedroom house. Because there was a 4 week time lag between leaving our old home and taking up residence at our new place, Ashton's stored our furniture in their warehouse for that period. All of the services provided by Ashton's were professional, efficient and tailored to our personal needs. The lady who came to assess our needs was thorough, precise and submitted the quote to us on time as promised. The removalists were friendly, cooperative and very well-organised. We were won over by the storage system employed by Ashton's, which involves the use of modules stored in a weather-proof environment. Thanks to Ashton's our move was trouble-free!

Great Service & Smooth Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

After having my personal effects in store for 2 years with Ashtons on the Gold Coast, the move to my new home in South Australia went very smoothly. The contacts within their organisation were ever helpful and I was kept informed of the progress of the delivery. The delivery guys did an excellent job in placing furniture and boxes where I wanted them. Once unpacked, I found everything just as it had been packed 2 years previously; I commend Ashtons on their storage methods and facility. Keep it up, it works.

Gold Coast, Queensland

• 4 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Outstanding Removalists - BEST in the Industry

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Moving interstate comes with its challenges as the nature of our work means we have ample experience in doing so, however Ashtons Removalists from the first point of contact was professional and timely throughout, keeping us continually up to date and made our move stress free. Our son had previously used this company from the Gold Coast to Melbourne and back, and the way they handled his move so smoothly was an overriding factor, with a midrange cost in comparison to others and outstanding reviews to continue providing the power in easing our decision. From a 4bdrm house on the Gold Coast to an Urban Melbourne City dwelling, the guys in both cities handled our belongings with care and professionalism and were very friendly and courteous, we wouldn't hesitate to recommend Ashtons Removals, as they are a cut above the rest in this industry and we will certainly be using their services again.

The Smoothest Move Ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

A moderate size move involving 2 levels and a piano. The distance was just 40km and all arrived in the condition it was shipped in. No breakage no damage. The team arrived on time and delivery was ahead of time as settlement was earlier than scheduled. The team were outstanding as were the people at the office. Of almost 20 moves over 50 years THIS was the best.

Great service and experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

We needed a piano moved from one end of the coast to the other, so while not a massive job or big distance, it was still a tricky one. The piano was an elderly lady's grandmothers, so very precious to her. She was relocating and downsizing and simply no longer had room for it, but was understandably reluctant to let it go. After contacting several companies about moving it, we decided to use Ashtons based on price and reputation, and they didn't let us down. The move was handled smoothly, quickly and on time, and the elderly owner was very reassured that her piano was in safe hands on its way to us. Very happy with everything, thanks Ashtons!

Nerang

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Great Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 16, 2018

Although the distance of the move was quite short, it was a little complicated as it involved picking up from and delivering to three separate locations. From the initial in-home consultation until the last item was unloaded, the move went like clock work. We were really impressed by the professionalism of the team and just how efficient the move was - all on time, under budget and super friendly service.

Local Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

My removal was from a unit to house approximately 15 minutes away. Service was extremely good in all aspects -from the receptionist to quotation on job to delivery staff. Staff displayed expertise, helpfulness, friendliness and professionalism in every way. Great care was taken with all my goods. I would not hesitate to use Ashtons again.

March 11th 2018 Update: Professional service in removal

This was second move I have made with Ashtons within 6 weeks. First was my daughters from a unit to my home and second was from my home to another home a short distance away. Altogether last move was extremely large being 2 households to become 1. Move was handled with professional, helpful and caring staff from initial phone call to quote of job and to delivery staff. Timing was punctual and executed with no breakages or damage, which was remarkable as 2 removal trucks were required. I would not hesitate to recommend Ashtons Removals to every one I know or meet. A huge thankyou to all involved.

Verified Customer

They went above and beyond!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

We are sincerely most impressed with Ashton’s Removals and all there Staff. We moved from a single storey, 4 bedroom house to a 2 storey, 3 bedroom villa. The move was seamless. Both removalists Mick and Alex were amazing, understanding and professional. Great care and attention was taken with both our homes and environment surrounding them. They took care not to block roads with the truck and great care with all our personable items. They packed and unpacked perfectly and nothing was too much trouble to place items where we required them. We had several issues with our settlement process and the management, office staff and removalists went above and beyond to accommodate any changes that were necessary and beyond our control. We will not hesitate to use them again in the future. A1 service!

3rd time Piano Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

Had to move my Baby Grand 3 times now, all 3 have been done excellently by Ashtons, 2 of them up and down a difficult flight of stairs with a tight turn. Staff have always gone the extra effort whichever crew I got.

Stress Free Move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

We recently moved to Brisbane from the Gold Coast requiring our furniture to be in storage for 6 weeks. From the quoting stage I was impressed by Ashton’s, they were extremely helpful with suggestions and happy to answer any questions. The crew who came to pack were prompt, helpful and polite. When we were ready to move into our new house the whole move went smoothly and again the staff were excellent. We would certainly recommend them.

Very happy with our move - thanks Ashtons

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

We moved from a caravan park to over 50's Manufactured home. we moved from the GoldCoastto Durack. The two guys who moved us with very polite and did a great job. The furniture was in storage for 8 days, then delivered to our home, once again the two guys were very good very careful with our furniture, and even suggested where a certain setting would look good. We were very impressed and would certainly recommend you to anyone moving house. The office staff were also very pleasant and very efficient. Bob and Pat Barnes

Verified Customer

The entire team a pleasure

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

Right from the first point of contact with quoting the job through to the end was professional, friendly service. The admin staff where happy with my 'many' questions and the removal crew were professional, happy, friendly and nothing was a problem. We had storage for 3 weeks before delivery to our new home. On all occasions the team was punctual and no changes were made. I was very happy to see the original happy team back. I have no hesitation in recommending Ashtons. Thanks for making moving less stressful!

Piano Moving specialist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2018

I was so impressed with this company and the moving of my two pianos from Springbrook to Brisbane.. Every step in the process from the first telephone inquiry to delivery was Prompt, courteous and extremely professional . The Movers Aleks and Mick arrived at the time designated, so efficient and so careful with my Pianos and ensured I was happy with their placement upon delivery. The whole process was stress free for me and I will be using their services again. I would have no hesitation in recommending this company for moving if you want a professional team that are cost effective.

Ashtons works!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2018

We moved two town houses into a 3 bedroom house so the move was big. The crew who came for the removal were so helpful and cheerful it made a very stressful time bearable. They were so obliging and didn't complain about the stairs or the bulky heavy items. The same applied when the goods were delivered. The admin staff at Ashtons were also wonderful and very helpful. They made a tough job easier too. I wasn't surprised by this great service. I've used Ashtons for my many moves over 50 years and it's always been the same.

stress free move

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2017

Extremely satisfied with prompt arrival and delivery - an hours drive away. Removalists were great guys, respectful, helpful and made move go smoothly after 32 years in same house. Will definately recommend Ashtons to friends and family.

Hassle free furniture removal

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I moved only a short distance from a 2 bedroom house to a 2 bedroom house in an Over 50s Resort. Ashtons arrived on time and took the time that was estimated. The two men were very helpful and careful with my furniture. They were very obliging with placing the items where I requested in the new home.They were both very cheerful and obliging and I would recommend Ashtons to anyone moving. I thought the price competitive and well worth the service I received.

Verified Customer

The move was trouble free

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 27, 2017

The move was from a 4 bedroom house to storage for 3 weeks then into our new 3 bedroom house. All the guys were helpful and nothing too hard for them.

Professional in all aspects

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Our move interstate was made so easy using this company, on tlme, efficient, polite and friendly staff, no damages. Would recommend

Verified Customer

Piano removal from the Gold Coast to Newcastle.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

Our move involved the relocation of a grand piano from the Gold Coast (Qld) to Newcastle (NSW).
The removalist team ((2 guys) attended at the exact time and date (previously agreed to) and dismantled the piano and loaded the unit in excellent time and great care.
The piano was duly delivered to the Newcastle address, again at the exact time and date (previously agreed to) and put together, again with great care.
Ashtons Removals are to be congratulated on the professional and very efficient manner in which this removal was undertaken.
Well done.
Chris G.

A smooth move.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

Our move of a 4-bedroom house from Monterey Keys on 28/8/17 to Southport on 5/9/17 went very smoothly. All of the staff were very friendly and made a tough job quite pleasant.

2 of 8 pages

how much is the average monthly storage fees charged by removalist if you have to store before they deliver to new address?

Fela Duce asked on Jul 04, 2015

Answer this

Sorry, can't really answer this question as it depends on how much you have to store. Great company though, and would recommend them to anyone.

Gee sounds like an ad

Good afternoon Fela. Grace is correct in advising that the storage rates depend on the volume of goods that you have to be stored with us. As you are aware, we store goods in modules and our storage rates depend on how many of these modules a client uses, but so that you know, for the first module we charge $25.00 per week and for each additional module it's an extra $20.00 per week. Therefore, if you had 5 modules of goods in store the weekly storage charges would be $105.00 per week - so for a four week month you'd be paying $420.00 and for a five week month you would be paying $525.00. We do only charge for the storage up to the date that the goods are delivered so if you've paid your storage in advance, any applicable refund would be paid back to you following delivery. I hope this helps but if you'd like more information please call the office on 07 5527 9700. Thank you.