Verified Customer

Way over and above what I expected.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2016

We had a local move - at the end of the same street in fact.
We moved a 4 bedroom house plus large lounges / appliances etc plus a baby grand piano.
The sales rep (Diane) came and saw us beforehand. She was very friendly and helpful and certainly not pushy. She was actually trying to find ways to save us money with the move.
The 2 guys (Ryan and Ben) arrive ready to go ahead of time and they wasted no time in getting started.
And then the heavens opened up! It poured with rain on and off the entire time. The rain didn't stop the guys, they were totally drenched and freezing cold but they still loaded and unloaded everything carefully and cheerfully.
They wrapped up mattresses and anything else that would have been damaged by the rain. They would have wrapped everything but I told them not to bother.
I told them I was on a tight budget so I asked if they could just do what they could for 3 hours then stop as I couldn't afford any more. I expected to have to move quite a bit myself but they worked their arses off and managed to get just about everything moved within the time.
I can not say enough about the great work ethic of these 2 men.
I will definitely be using Ashton's for our next move and I would not hesitate in recommending this company.

Just a final point - I have never bothered to write a review of any company before. But these guys went so far over and above my expectations I felt I had to write this!

Great removalist

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2016

Our move was equivalent to a 2 bedroom house, we had very big and heavy furniture.
We only moved 3km away.
The removalist turned up on time and were finished before the time given.

Professionalism personnified

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2016

Ashtons moved all our major furniture from our 5 bedroom house from Gold Coast to Brisbane. The quotation was provided quickly, the removal truck and guys arrived on time almost to the minute. They were very efficient and communicated well and the job was completed on time with no damage. The men who carried out this operation were very curteous and professional. I would not hesitate to recommend and use their services again

Stress free moving

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

Thank you Ashtons for making our Gold Coast move so stress free. The team arrived on time, took care with our belongings, were totally professional and nothing was too hard for them. Well done Ashtons!

Just my precious Piano

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2016

The last time my piano was moved I had a very uncomfortable experience with the mover I had contracted. They didn't have the equipment they needed, and they didn't have the experience either. There were moments my heart was in my throat while I was watching them. So I was nervous with this move. My piano is precious to me, I moved it here from the States (some could call that crazy, right?).

I emailed Ashton's and received a timely response by email. Then I started to question how they would accomplish the move, what equipment they would have, would the fellows have had experience in moving a piano, etc. etc. I was very much a "Nervous Nellie". They were very patient to answer all my questions. They gave me reassurances through the emails. They promised they knew what they were doing and it would be OK. And IT WAS. I watched every little move they made. I looked at the equipment they had and reassured myself they had what they needed. I observed their technique, they were experienced as they ought to have been. The fellows were very nice, very patient and very accommodating. I had only contracted to have my piano moved as we were able to handle the rest ourselves. But if I need a mover again, I would go back to Ashton's. They gave me a reasonable rate and I was very happy with their work. They were very easy to work with.

Verified Customer

Excellent service from first phone call

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2016

We recently moved from the Gold Coast hinterland to Brisbane. We contacted a few removalists to get some idea of what to expect service-wise and cost-wise. Right from the first phone call to Ashtons, we were impressed. That service continued during a follow-up phone call and the visit to quote; a very professional approach within a courteous and friendly presentation. We think we *might* have been able to find someone a bit cheaper but with the experience of Ashton's great service and promise of more, we did not bother looking for something that may or may not exist. During the packing we had a few questions and these were answered promptly and always in a friendly and courteous way. The actual move out and move in the following day went very well and much faster than we had been told it might take. We were moving everything in our 3 bedroom home of 12 years but had no stairs to speak of and the van was able to park very close at each house. Overall we'd very happily ask Ashtons to move us again and also not hesitate to recommend them in the highest terms to others. Sincere thanks, Ashtons; great service is always much appreciated and valued.

Excellence in all areas.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2016

3 bedroom from Springwwood Qld to storage at Ashtons for approx 5 months then to 3 bedroom high-rise unit at Labrador . The move started on time and both on pick up and delivered finished a bit earlier than expected. Excellent staff in the office and on telephone and all guys during pick up and delivery were courteous and helpful. Could not have asked for better service

Verified Customer

Excellent service, attention to detail

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2016

Excellent service from the office staff, and a friendly professional removals team for both days of moving.
Nothing was too much for the removal team; they were punctual, professional, friendly, and careful with all our furniture and boxes. I cannot commend and recommend them highly enough.
Thanks you Ashtons for making this move stress free :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2016

The move was short, but the storage time was long (about 4 months)
All went according to plan, no problem with storage, our gear never left the modual, and was all good when we unloaded it.

Verified Customer

The service supplied byShane and Christopher was excellent. They were very carefull with out furnitu

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 22, 2016

2 Bedroom apartment within the same building.
Shifted from 12th Floor to 16th Floor using lift.
Started on time and finished well within time frame.

Absolutely Awesome.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2016

Ashtons moved us from a large 2 storey, 4 bedroom house and I couldn't have been happier. There was absolutely no damage done to any of our property and the boys worked tirelessly on what was a very long day. They were happy and motivated the whole time and were very professional, considerate and friendly. It made the whole stressful process of moving an absolute breeze. I could not recommend the team highly enough, I am a definite advocate for you guys :) Thank you Ashtons.

Verified Customer

Successful Grand Piano removal.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 03, 2016

A well organised efficient crew removed our Grand Piano from a difficult location and down a slippery grassy slope without a hitch. The piano was promptly delivered to its destination 30 km away and reassembled and so carefully done the piano did not need retuning. Great job Ashtons.

Verified Customer

Perfect service, careful, on time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

Moved a piano and took great care. They kept in contact throughout the day and kept us well informed. Loved the service!

Verified Customer

Ashtons are the Piano Men!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2016

Got a piano to move? Relax and use Ashtons. They did a wonderful job of moving our antique pianola. No mean feat - it weighs over 440kg! The service was prompt, efficient and our treasured possession made the move without a scratch on it. And it is still in tune! We've very impressed. DC, Gold Coast

Highly recommend Ashtons

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

Excellent service in recent move from 2 level townhouse to 3rd floor apartment. Removalists were very professional and a lovely friendly bunch - nothing too much trouble, and they even had to carry some items up 3 floors when lift broke down in apartment block, but none of them grumbled about it. Would definitely recommend Ashtons.

Great Job, Making Moving Easier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2016

We just moved for the second time with Ashtons, from Brisbane to Gold Coast, and once again they did a great job.
They completed the job in less time than expected, also delivering excess furniture which they had stored for 2 years - all in good condition.
The office staff, estimator and removal guys all know their stuff.
Thanks again to Ashtons and making our moves easier!

Reliable and efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2016

We are very appreciative of the care and attention given to our valuables during the move from Surfers to Sydney.
A highly professional and courteous team - from the staff over the phone to the removalists themselves a first class group which we would be proud to recommend and use again.

Great Professional Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2016

We were very impressed with the professional service we received from first contact to completion of our jobs, everyone we dealt with was outstanding and so helpful. We had to move twice in 6 weeks and we used Ashtons both times the first move was from an acre age property that we sold to a small rental property that unfortunately we had to move from after 6 weeks to another property just up the road so we experienced 2 completely different moves, both were dealt with in a quick and efficient way with no damage to anything. We will certainly be using them again in the future.

Very Professional

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2016

Only moved upstairs in the same building but moved everything quickly, efficiently, and without a scratch including hooking the fridge up to the water supply and dismantling and reassembling the bed.

Left me awe-struck

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2016

We'd heard good reviews of Ashtons, so invited them to quote on our move from a quite large house to a smaller retirement village abode. Bindy Marshall arrived to make an estimate and quote and immediately impressed us with her own and the company's professionalism. Other removalists suggested to us that they could do a much cheaper job but we stayed with Ashtons because while price was a factor, most of all we wanted the job to be done properly. It's a decision we didn't, for one second, regret.

The guys who packed the fragile items, loaded the truck and then delivered the goods (2 days before Christmas) were a universally good bunch of blokes in addition to being hardworking and competent. I stood awe-struck as they loaded a drier onto the truck, into a gap that looked as though it had been designed for just that purpose from the very start.

All of the staff at Ashtons were polite and efficient but Bindy deserves special mention. We were unable to obtain a definitive date and time for settling our respective properties (sale and purchase), it was Christmas time when things were hectic or closing down and I had to ask Bindy to juggle her schedules several times to accommodate our daily changing circumstances. This she did with unfailing courtesy and competence. It was clear that the client was her priority and attempting to make our move as stress-free as possible was high on her list. As well, she was responsible for my being awe-struck a second time. I packed all of our non-fragile items and Bindy made an estimate of how many large and small cartons I'd need. On the last day, when the packers were packing the fragile stuff, I packed the last remnants of the non-fragile items into the last carton Bindy had provided, and thought, now that's precision and accuracy if ever I saw it.

Following Bindy's initial estimate, I'd gotten rid of quite a bit of furniture, so the volume to be moved was less than anticipated. Much to my surprise, Ashtons provided a small refund, a degree of honesty I'm certainly not used to.

We can't recommend Ashtons highly enough. If I were to move again, they're the only firm I would consider.

5 of 8 pages