Verified Customer

What a disappointment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I've never had major issues with the company until my last order. They had an offer and depending on the amount of your order you could have used a promo code for a discount. GIMME50 GIMME75 GIMME100

My total allowed me to use GIMME100. Some of the clothes didn't fit and I needed to return them. Instead of calculating the discount for each item (including the ones that I kept - the majority) before refunding they completely removed the discount, taking it off the refund. Other than being not fair, since the discount applied to all of the items, they wouldn't even recalculate the discount for the new amount. "Our policy doesn't allow us to do so". As their policy was imposed on them by some other entity.

ASOS always seemed to me a company very similar to Amazon, which tries to establish a long term trust with its users, so to become the first choice today and in the future.

This was an unprofessional move and they won't see me back. Just sent a request to delete my account as well.

I might be just another customer, but you're just another retail website in an ocean of options.

Good luck.

• 3 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 07, 2018

Had good online shopping experience with them, i love the product. Actually one of the best i have ever had.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hey There, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review. It's great to hear that you has the great positive experience that we strive to offer. We love and are proud of our product... read more »

Sydney Australia

My experience was great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

Before my first purchase I simply thought asos was a online store everybody purchased from and nobody had any issues with. So I thought buying a pair of shoes would be smart, the only negatives I could see was the shoe not fitting. I made my way through the site and it was really easy to use and So I made my purchase. I thought in excitement I'd check the reviews thinking "they must be good". Little did I know that people have had major problems with asos so I became quite scared after I'd just spent all that money.
I was also scared that I wouldn't get my items on the date it had suggested. Anyway, my items came as predicted with express shipping which was only 4 days after my purchase and everything was in there all in good condition and the shoes even fit.
Although I might have just been lucky I can say nothing ill of asos and after my first purchase I will probably be buying more from them in the future.

PS. Not an asos bot btw.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hey Husky, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review with us. I'm really glad to hear that your shoes arrived on time and that they fit you perfectly! We really appreciate you t... read more »

No problem

Private message

Do not refund money for wrong item sent. Buyer Beware.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2018

Very poor customer service. Took my money, delivered the wrong product, and then did not send the correct product. ASOS is refusing to refund my money until I post back the wrong shirt they sent by mistake. This will take up to 7 days apparently.

I purchased 2 shirts, with Express Postage. The wrong shirt arrived. I contacted ASOS on March the 1st, and was assured the correct item was in the post, and that I would be refunded the cost of Express Postage. It is now one month later- I have no shirts, and no refund.

Tried to say they sent an email that it was out of stock. They did not. Disgusting service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi Emily, Thanks for taking the time to share your ASOS.com review. I'm sorry to read of your frustration and of course that you received the wrong item in your order! This is not at all th... read more »

LOL valued customer. I spoke to two of your customer service representatives. I received the same scripted responses, and in one instance the customer "service" representative actually left the cha... read more »

ASOS Official

Hello Emily, Thanks for getting back to me. I'm sorry again for your frustration as a result of your contact with our Customer Care team and to hear that you still feel so let down. I do... read more »

Australia

Private message

TO ASOS: Don't send the wrong item if it is out of stock. Its too much trouble returning it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

I ordered a dress on ASOS. ASOS sent the wrong dress. When I emailed ASOS to rectify it, they said the dress was out of stock and that Id have to take the trouble to return the incorrect dress which was their mistake.

ASOS, don't send the wrong items to customers especially if the item is out of stock. You've created more trouble on me as I now have to return the wrong product that you sent. Plus I've paid for this wrong product.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your ASOS Review. I'm sorry to hear that there was a mix up with your order and you received the wrong dress! This isn't at all the norm, and i... read more »

VIC

Terrible express delivery service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

i had been shopping with asos for years and the experience were good until i joined their premier delivery service. I needed express delivery because as i will be away for several weeks after the expected delivery date. Their partner courier was terrible. They just left me a text message saying that they have attempted delivery when i was home all day expecting their delivery, but i heard nothing and they did not buzz the bell or anything. I wonder whether they have really "attempted" or just couldn't be bother to try. i contacted the carrier and they said my address was incomplete. But i have been living here for a while and i had no problem with all other deliveries. I had also purchase asos with their standard delivery and had no problem at all. When I contacted Asos, their customer service was not helpful. when i suggested them to provide feedback to the carriers but they seemed blaming on the fault of my address. i can't see why should i pay $39 such a disappointing service!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi Shuk, Thanks for taking the time to share your review - I'm sorry to read you feel so let down on this occasion. We make every single effort to ensure that deliveries are made on time and... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Paid for items they did not have

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

Made an order late December for 5 pairs of sandals which were meant to be bridesmaids shoes for my wedding. After receiving the order and checking I realised I was sent the wrong sized shoes; i ordered 2x39 1x40 and 2x41. What I received was 1x 38 2x39 and 2x40. Not even close to what i ordered. I contacted them via facebook and was to send them back. Once the warehouse received them the correct sizes would be sent. Took about a week and a half to be resent which was no issue. Once they arrived I was disappointed once again to see I was sent the wrong sizes once again. Contacted ASOS once again via facebook understandably frustrated. I was told by yet another (i dealt with 2 separate people previously as you never get the same person twice) customer service person that they had to investigate at a warehouse level due to the continuing issue. It could take 2 weeks I was told and I would be notified about the result of the investigation. After 3 weeks I had to contact them, not them contacting me like promised, to find out that they don't actually have the sizes I require! But the size I needed was still available according to the ASOS website!! After 2 months of drama I have half the shoes I needed and ASOS' apologies plus a useless 10% off discount (which I was given 1 month to us) I will never use for the inconvenience. Your customer service is appalling, your followup is non existent and your ultimate solution to my problem (10% off coupon) is a joke.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi there, Meagz. Thanks for taking the time to share your ASOS Review - I'm sorry to hear that you're still without the shoes you originally ordered. In any case where an item is incorrect, whi... read more »

Private message

Their terms say one thing - but ASOS does another.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 22, 2018

**BUYER BEWARE** As a long time customer, it’s important to leave this review regarding the absolutely appalling customer service by ASOS - trying to ignore contradicting and misleading information regarding the express delivery service.

Your website states the following in BOLD “Express deliveries will be made within 2 business days if you live in Brisbane/Sydney/Melbourne/Perth Metro areas with these postal codes. You must have completed your order by 13.00 AEST. Any orders placed after 13.00 will take an additional 1 business day to be delivered.”

During checkout, it stated that expected the delivery time for a potential order would be “Delivered on or before Thursday 15 March 2018”. Being within the cut off time and within the Metro region / listed postcodes, these terms reinforced that I will be receiving my order within 2 business days - which I then in turn, finalised and placed my order as I needed it by 14th March.

I received my order on the 15th. Which meant that I received my order 3 business days from placing my order and not within 2 days — even though I placed my order before midday (meaning no extra business day roll-over) and live within the listed metro regions.

As I received my order a day late, I contacted customer service to ask for a refund for the express delivery service that was not fulfilled. Almost instantly, the first customer rep I spoke to stated that I didn’t place my order within the cut-off time / midday, even though I placed it on 11:10am (considering that your terms were updated 2 days after I made my order and EXTENDED the midday cut-off time to 1pm AEST instead).

So, the first attempt from your customer service ([name removed]) was to LIE and blame that the order was delivered on the 15th because I was late in placing my order. He QUICKLY then went on to say that “expect delivery date was 15th” and ignored the fact that it also stated “expected BEFORE or on..”. After repeating his stock-standard response of “your email confirmation said on the 15th” he then abruptly closed my conversation box and passed me on to another customer rep. Where the exact same things were repeated over and over.

According to ASOS, as long as the delivery was reached by the expected delivery date listed in their confirmation email (actually being 3 days and not 2 which is stated in their terms), they are not in the wrong. And that the time frame of “before” actually means, I quote: “if the courier is able to deliver it to you before this date but the 15th March 2018 was your expected date of delivery”

However, according to your site, which stated these terms in BOLD font - I am a customer within the region and cut off time to receive my package BEFORE the expected delivery date. The dates to receive it “before” are 13th and 14th. These dates are indicative of receiving it within 2 business days, which is stated on your site. Not whether or not the courier can make it - which is YOUR responsibility to take care of.

By also adding the 15th into the expected delivery time, also means there is an extra / 3rd business day. Again, as stated on your site, this extra day applies to customers who made orders AFTER midday - which was not me.

So, going off your customer service reps, to receive a package within 2 days is dependant on your couriers. It has nothing to do with the region that your customers live in or what time they make the order. Its again, according to your reps “if the courier is able to deliver it to you before this date” — And yet, this is mentioned NO WHERE in your delivery information. Instead, a 2 day delivery time-frame is boldly stated in your terms that reinforces “follow protocol and get your order within 2 business days as per our requirements”

However, your argument is that because the confirmation email stated before or on 15th March - I need to:

1. Ignore the words “expected delivery BEFORE” said date

2. Ignore the fact that your terms state 2 business days for Sydney metro customers who place orders before midday, which applied to me (and has now changed and extended to 1pm, which makes me even MORE within the time frame)

3. Ignore the contradicting dates on your confirmation email that states the final date is really based on a 3 day delivery time and not 2 days, despite having followed the proper protocol

4. Take it upon myself to make the assumption that a 2 day delivery time is ACTUALLY dependent on “if” your couriers can make the delivery or not - which is an impossible realisation to come to as nothing is mentioned in your terms regarding couriers because according to your reps “it doesn’t need to be stated”

5. Accept the fact that because you stated that delivery was to be 15th (and also BEFORE), that I’m not entitled to a refund - despite that all specifications indicate that I am a customer who was eligible to receive their package within 2 days based on your requirements.

So talking to 2 reps today and one last week regarding this issue, it’s blatantly clear that ASOS will not take any responsibility in regards to the discrepancies between their delivery terms / requirements and email time frames. As long as the email states a certain date, and the customer receives their order by this date - Which is beyond the time frame listed in their terms, they are not in the wrong.

I.e. “At ASOS, our terms say you can get 2 days delivery if you follow these steps - but really, it just depends if the courier can do it nor not - which should be up to us to organise but don’t. So! We’re going to add an extra date on your confirmation email - taking it to a THIRD delivery day and as long as you get it by then, then you can’t touch us. But for fun, we’ll throw in the words “expected before” to give you the hopes that you’ll actually get it in the time-frame we initially state in our terms.”

And despite all this, ASOS don’t have any interest in acknowledging logic and actually admitting to the clear contradictions they’re making and false / misleading delivery time - they’ll just continuously say “you got in on the date we said, not refunding you” And close the conversation box on you.

A complete disregard for the customer (who is only standing by what is STATED in your terms) and no interest in offering ANY sort of resolution. Instead hiding behind the fact that their emails say one thing that suits their argument and completely ignores what their actual website says in BOLD and has been updated on the 14th March - still reinforcing that a 2 day delivery time is possible — BUT leaving out the overall factor that it’s actually dependant on their couriers. Which again, they take no responsibility for and happily brush off their shoulders.

At the end of the day, I couldn’t care less about the $10 refund. But as a consumer who follows YOUR rules to expect a certain PAID “express” service, the OPTION to come to some sort of resolution is expected, or at the very least - some basic understanding!

But nope, the standards of ASOS is reflected when they’d rather completely shut down their customers (literally via chat, and TWICE) because “I cant take it further, I’ll be closing the chat now” **End of conversation. Because its easy to copy and paste the same answer over and over to the customer, taking them in circles - to then just shut the convo box and not deal with it any longer.

Absolutely dirty behaviour.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi Kate, Thanks for taking the time to share your ASOS Review. I'm really sorry to read that you feel so let down by our services and your contact with our Customer Care team. We absolu... read more »

I literally spent over 3 hours talking to countless reps online saying the same thing over and over. And the whole time I was just being put through the ringer. I received a number of differ... read more »

Melbourne, VIC

• 1 question
Private message

Very good experience so far...

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

Four orders finalised online, no issues at all. Returned some items whose size were incorrect and had my refund after some days.
I do think ASOS could improve the "sizing" system as after some orders and items reviewed saying what fit and what didn't fit, I am still getting wrong size recommendations.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi Tiagozt, Thanks for sharing your review with us - we really appreciate your feedback! I'm happy to hear that your orders reached you with no issues and that your returns were processed qui... read more »

Keep it up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2018

I've heard some not so great reviews when people have purchased products from ASOS which made me a bit worried when purchasing an item But I gotta say you guys really delivered today, my product arrived on time and the quality of the fabric and stitching is perfect. Good work, I will shop with you guys again.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hey Tysson! Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. I'm really glad to hear that you're happy with your order. We are always working to improve our services and so we really appr... read more »

Can't say much for their customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 18, 2018

I made a purchase for over $300 and certainly qualified for free express shipping however this was not added to my order. When I notified customer service, they couldn't help and said that it was automated and they would have to disrupt the warehouse process. I don't think this is good customer service at all, and it was an easy option to just say that it can't be done instead of going above and beyond.

It's easy for them to take my money but when it comes to finding solutions customers have, there's no help.
It's my first time purchasing through them and it has definitely been a bad experience.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hello, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm very sorry to hear that your free express shipping wasn't applied to your order. Usually when an order has qualified for free... read more »

Perth

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes

Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

Bought a dress for a 'girls/hens afternoon' and wow! Couldn't be any more perfect! I'm 183cm with a long torso and always find everything to short in the hems and sleeves or the waist lines are up around my breasts but this dress is absolutely perfect! Can't fault the style or colour or make and the it arrived in next to no time! Well definately order again!

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to share your review. I'm so glad to hear that you've been able to find the perfect dress to wear to your event - I only hope no body felt up staged with yo... read more »

Gorgeous sandals

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

I purchased a pair of leather neon pink sandals online. Wow, incredible quality for $32, they look fantastic & are well made. I paid $10 for express delivery to Australia & received the sandals within 3 days, amazing service. Would definitely recommend. Thank you

Comments
ASOS Official

Hello, Thanks for taking the time to leave such a fab review. Its great to hear you found a great bargain and got to experience our amazing delivery service. Just for reference, did you know t... read more »

Awesome always

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 13, 2018

I have ordered three cardigans, a pair of doc martens and a jumper all on seperate occasions to Australia and everything was perfect. I’m not an aussie even though I’m living here but what is the deal with all these native born Aussies ranting like rabid violent lunatics about the slightest little problem that isn’t really a problem? I thought you guys were supposed to be super laid back no? Any way I applaud ASOS for being so patient with all the angry drunk bogans. You guys rock!

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi, Thanks so much for taking the time to write and share your review with us! I'm really glad to hear that you're happy with our service and that your orders have reached you without any is... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Bad customer service for lost parcel I will never buy for them again I have purchased

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I have purchased hundred of dollars worth of clothes but I will never give ASOS another cent of my money after today’s debarcle ! The parcel has been sent to Darwin ! I live in Perth ! And they are arguing over whose responsibility it is ?

Comments

In addition to this they have no formal complaints process or polices

ASOS Official

Hi Fiona, Thanks for taking the time to write your review and share your feedback with us. I'm really sorry to hear that you've not received your order just yet and that there has been some confus... read more »

10 out of 10 - or 5 out of 5, whichever.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2018

I'm a fairly experienced online shopper, particularly for women's wear, having tried a very wide variety of stores, experiencing just as wide a range of quality in service, and have found ASOS to be perfect in every way. The website is extremely easy to navigate; it provides accurate product information regarding size, colour, fit, fabric; the delivery information spells out all the details honestly and with realistic timeframes; and the product was delivered to the address for supply (which is actually not so common, and a big issue if you don't have time to collect it from a drop-off point), within the promised timeframe (four days earlier than scheduled), was exactly as - in fact, even better than - advertised and described, and, also very important, packaged lightly making it easy to carry home. I'll definitely be returning to ASOS in future and would recommend it to anyone.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hey AJ, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm really glad to hear that you're order arrived with you early, and that you're happy with our service. We're always wo... read more »

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

What a bunch of clowns, They stuff my order up sending me the wrong item, I message and complain and was told the most useless information about the return and was linked to their website. I asked for a call which they called the following day, and I was told the return will take 7 days to process and a further 10 days for the refund to come, They even had the nerve to try and sell me more things over the phone, what a complete joke these people are. Quick to take your money but slow in returning it when they've clearly stuffed up. I've never seen customer service so bad anywhere.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi Patrick, Thanks for taking the time to share your ASOS Review. I'm really sorry to hear that you received the incorrect item in your order - please trust that this is not at all the norm and... read more »

Loved the tshirt, not the colour

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

My order actually came a day early and the tshirt fit perfect to size. I bought the yellow adidas oversized tshirt. The tshirt is much darker in person and is a mustard colour rather than a light yellow like it looks like on the picture. So just be weary of the colours that are in the picture.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi there, Thanks for sharing your ASOS review. I'm sorry to hear that the Adidas T- Shirt looks a different colour when you received it. We do our utmost to ensure the pictures reflect the trues... read more »

Pretty crappy.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Tried to purchase an item but it wouldn't let me add it to the cart and checkout, I tried two different devices too. Tried adding item to cart next day and worked fine but 15% off ended so didn't purchase it. I explained this to them but they wouldn't allow me to have the 15% off. Iconic's customer service is so much better, hands down they would have given the discount anyway.

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to share your review of your recent ASOS Experience. I'm sorry to hear of the troubles you had and that you feel so let down by our Customer Service support. Its ... read more »

Love these automated replies! I thought the code lasted till Sunday so I thought I would just wait and try again then but it had expired on sat after midnight. The order was not placed the next day

ASOS Official

Hi Lisa, Thanks for getting back in touch. I'm sorry that you feel my response was automated, this just isn't the case. I'm sorry also for my confusion in reading that you had placed your order... read more »

Melbourne

Premium pack is a scam!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 02, 2018

Do not buy their premium pack (free express shipping). The items are always a week or more later than they gaurentee. My friend got standard post and our items came at the same time. It’s a massive scam!! I also reached out to their customer care line and they couldn’t have cared less. Told me it was too late for a refund as I had used the service and pretty much just too bad and I should understand that sometimes items come late. I can say with confidence that 100% of the items I ordered were late.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
ASOS Official

Hi Nicole, Thank you for writing your review and sharing it with us. I'm really sorry to hear that you've had an issue with the delivery on your orders after purchasing our premier delivery s... read more »

1 of 28 pages