Model: EQ25 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

A load of rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

We had a Magna blu clorinator for 10 years and replaced it with the eQ25 as it had all the bells and whistles, well, what a mistake that was, it is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever come across, I have never had an issue with the balance of my pool until this crap was installed, it never reads the ph correctly and is always out (even after calibration) and I would seriously think about changing the name if I was Astral as it doesn't produce chlorine in summer, well not enough anyway! As stated earlier in the 10 years we have had our pool we have never, repeat never encountered a green pool, now I have to keep topping up chlorine manually which defeats the purpose of the system, expensive and annoying. Astral pools response is that it assists in the maintenance of the pool.....are you serious, why would I pay this money for assistance, I'm more concious of the pool maintenance now than when I had a manual system.
So, I don't know who reads these posts but please do not invest in this crap, get a basic salt clorinator and maintain your ph levels manually and top up the salt in you pool when needed and enjoy your pool and save the headaches.

Mt Barker, South Australia

• 2 answers

Model: EQ35 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Astral Pool EQ Chlorinator Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Disgusted and overpriced.
Changed after 4 months to Hayward Chlorinator PS Series.
No Ph sensor which is fantastic and no replacement of PCB boards as EQ board and sensor over $1000
Thanks to Pool Guys Adelaide we now have a trouble free unit in the Hayward .
Astral EQ is a absolute over rated waste of money with serious reliability issues.
Warranty was a nightmare and Astral Customer service shocking.

Purchased at: Poolwerx

Model: EQ25 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Faulty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

We got the Viron as replacement for an earlier Astral chlorinator which had had some issues later in its life.
So far we have had to have the entire new chlorinator replaced twice and the 'board' replaced or fixed three times, fortunately all under warranty. The issue being in each case that the chlorinator does not 'reverse cycle', so is consequently only producing chlorine on half of the hours it runs. Our chlorine therefore runs down to virtually nothing over a relatively short period of time, costing us more in chemicals and increased maintenance time.
Maybe we have just been unlucky and scored several 'lemons' in a row. Fingers crossed that the most recently fixed chlorinator will give us no problems.

Purchased at: Poolwerx

perth

• 6 comments
  • 6 questions
  • 45 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: EQ45 Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Go with an Astral if you have the option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I got my pool installed by Leisure pools in July 2015. I am generally very happy with the install and the fact that they use Astral products. All their gear is great. Astral have been terrific in dealing with warranty claims.I have had my pump rebuilt and the leaking filter cap has been replaced. You could do much worse than having your new pool equipped with other than Astral products. I know this sounds like an advert for them but l am very impressed with their service. Recommended.

perth

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: EQ25 Date Purchased: Feb 2017

"no water"

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I had my pool installed about 5 months ago and currently have weed mat around the pool that has prevented most of the sand going back into the pool.
I have a once a month pool service guy that worked for the pool company I quized him about the error "no water" and he mentioned it the lid not secured properly the second time I had the error message. I was unable to back wash the chlorinator which was switching itself off the next day I found the pump on but was slow.
I rang a pool shop and the person suggested take the filter out and see if this starts the pump again you know its the filter.
I did not end up having to go to this trouble.I checked the basket had water and then I noticed the back wash glass compartment had a bit of sand once i flush it manually the pump was operating as normal.
My suggestion is such an expensive pool pump best to consult the experts and try the simple things before start altering the setting on the pump its not always the cause........

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Fabulous technology for a first time pool owner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Maintains a steady level of chemicals and a well balanced pool - very impressed with the simplicity of it and how automated it is. Very little maintenance and happy with the overall ease of use of the machine. Calibration of the system is a little difficult and still to be mastered.

Aspendale

Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Virgon equilibrium switches itself on and off

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

My unit is around 3 years old and it just started switching itself on and off every few seconds continuously, does anyone know why this is happening? I have maintained the unit well and clean all the probes every few months. It does this whether it's cold or hot so I don't think the unit is over heating.

EQ35

I have an equilibrium 35 and it keeps saying no water I have noticed air bubbles how do I get them out?

Alexandros R asked on Dec 02, 2018

EQ35

My EQ35 Chlorinator says no water when I click info it says check water flow to chlorinator cells. Any ideas?

Dat C asked on Nov 21, 2018

Answer this

This issue can be one or a combination of several issues. It may be a loose connection between the salt cell and the output lead. Make sure the cell connections are firm. It can also be caused because the cell flow sensor probe inside the cell casing being covered in calcium. If this is the case known it off carefully with a screw driver. If the issue still presents itself it will be an issue with the units power supply.

EQ25

G=How can I disable the Acid for 24 hours before adding Buffer?

Teddy Clark asked on Nov 20, 2018

Answer this

I'm not sure what you mean by "disable the acid"?
Do you need to lower the acidity before adding buffer? If so, the only way to lower the acidity, other than time passing, is to add an acidity lowering chemical.
Do you need to lower the chlorine level before adding buffer? If so, you can either change the filter to 'Circulate' or you can adjust the chlorine production level on the chlorinator - from memory, on my device, there are three orange buttons under the readout with the leftmost one being under 'Set' on the readout. Simply press this and then use the down arrows to lower the chlorine production.
I hope that helps. If not, repost as a new question so I get notified and I will try and help further.

My pool system automatically adds acid when required. My objective was to stop this happening when I added the Buffer. Fortunately, a representative of APS ( who regularly rest my pool water) phoned me and took me through the steps needed over the phone and showed me how to set the machine so that it would be disabled for 24 hours. I recommend APS to anyone who needs assistance.

See all 62 questions about AstralPool Viron eQuilibrium Salt Chlorinator

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details