Model: EQ25 Date Purchased: Nov 2016

A load of rubbish

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

We had a Magna blu clorinator for 10 years and replaced it with the eQ25 as it had all the bells and whistles, well, what a mistake that was, it is the biggest load of rubbish I have ever come across, I have never had an issue with the balance of my pool until this crap was installed, it never reads the ph correctly and is always out (even after calibration) and I would seriously think about changing the name if I was Astral as it doesn't produce chlorine in summer, well not enough anyway! As stated earlier in the 10 years we have had our pool we have never, repeat never encountered a green pool, now I have to keep topping up chlorine manually which defeats the purpose of the system, expensive and annoying. Astral pools response is that it assists in the maintenance of the pool.....are you serious, why would I pay this money for assistance, I'm more concious of the pool maintenance now than when I had a manual system.
So, I don't know who reads these posts but please do not invest in this crap, get a basic salt clorinator and maintain your ph levels manually and top up the salt in you pool when needed and enjoy your pool and save the headaches.

Mt Barker, South Australia

• 1 answer

Model: EQ35 Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Astral Pool EQ Chlorinator Terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2018

Disgusted and overpriced.
Changed after 4 months to Hayward Chlorinator PS Series.
No Ph sensor which is fantastic and no replacement of PCB boards as EQ board and sensor over $1000
Thanks to Pool Guys Adelaide we now have a trouble free unit in the Hayward .
Astral EQ is a absolute over rated waste of money with serious reliability issues.
Warranty was a nightmare and Astral Customer service shocking.

Purchased at: Poolwerx

Model: EQ25 Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Faulty

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2018

We got the Viron as replacement for an earlier Astral chlorinator which had had some issues later in its life.
So far we have had to have the entire new chlorinator replaced twice and the 'board' replaced or fixed three times, fortunately all under warranty. The issue being in each case that the chlorinator does not 'reverse cycle', so is consequently only producing chlorine on half of the hours it runs. Our chlorine therefore runs down to virtually nothing over a relatively short period of time, costing us more in chemicals and increased maintenance time.
Maybe we have just been unlucky and scored several 'lemons' in a row. Fingers crossed that the most recently fixed chlorinator will give us no problems.

Purchased at: Poolwerx

perth

• 6 comments
  • 6 questions
  • 43 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Model: EQ45 Date Purchased: Jul 2015

Go with an Astral if you have the option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I got my pool installed by Leisure pools in July 2015. I am generally very happy with the install and the fact that they use Astral products. All their gear is great. Astral have been terrific in dealing with warranty claims.I have had my pump rebuilt and the leaking filter cap has been replaced. You could do much worse than having your new pool equipped with other than Astral products. I know this sounds like an advert for them but l am very impressed with their service. Recommended.

perth

• 1 comment
  • 7 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Model: EQ25 Date Purchased: Feb 2017

"no water"

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 10, 2017

I had my pool installed about 5 months ago and currently have weed mat around the pool that has prevented most of the sand going back into the pool.
I have a once a month pool service guy that worked for the pool company I quized him about the error "no water" and he mentioned it the lid not secured properly the second time I had the error message. I was unable to back wash the chlorinator which was switching itself off the next day I found the pump on but was slow.
I rang a pool shop and the person suggested take the filter out and see if this starts the pump again you know its the filter.
I did not end up having to go to this trouble.I checked the basket had water and then I noticed the back wash glass compartment had a bit of sand once i flush it manually the pump was operating as normal.
My suggestion is such an expensive pool pump best to consult the experts and try the simple things before start altering the setting on the pump its not always the cause........

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Fabulous technology for a first time pool owner.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2017

Maintains a steady level of chemicals and a well balanced pool - very impressed with the simplicity of it and how automated it is. Very little maintenance and happy with the overall ease of use of the machine. Calibration of the system is a little difficult and still to be mastered.

Aspendale

Date Purchased: Nov 2013

Virgon equilibrium switches itself on and off

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2017

My unit is around 3 years old and it just started switching itself on and off every few seconds continuously, does anyone know why this is happening? I have maintained the unit well and clean all the probes every few months. It does this whether it's cold or hot so I don't think the unit is over heating.

EQ35

My Astral Viron EQ 35 chlorinator stopped sucking the acid out of the acid bottle after only 2 months. I have to keep adding acid manually, which is very annoying when I have paid for a system that should do it automatically. The little pump things go up and down and it looks like it should be working but no acid has gone from the bottle. We changed bottles and it didn't make any difference. Can someone please suggest what we should do as putting the acid in manually is not a very healthy option?

Lesa asked on Sep 14, 2018

Answer this

Take the cover off the little pump and have a look at the tube, if it is flat and hard it needs to be replaced, if it is soft and has grease on it, it should be ok, then have a look for a leak between the pump and the acid container, these pumps run slowly, so the tiniest leak will render it useless. If you have to replace a tube, make sure you get the recommended one, and put lots of silicon grease on it, never petroleum grease (no Vaseline)

EQ25

Viron e-quilibrium salt chlorinator saying no water and pump turning off. We don’t have a variable speed pump and ideas on how to fix this issue?

Kylie T asked on Sep 09, 2018

Answer this

Hard to say, but try these:
- could be a air bubbles stopping water hitting sensor; try running pump on recycle for 5-10 minutes to see if this clears it up;
- leak in pump or at seals; wipe everything down with a towel & then run pump for 10-15 and look for water droplets anywhere; seals are easy and cheap to replace yourself (may as well do all at once - you'll need silicone which pool shop sells);
- scale build up on sensor? clean chlorinator using bought cell cleaner (or mix your own from 8 parts water: 1 part acid);
- LAST RESORT: dodgy sensor? get pool people come out to have a look if under warranty or take into shop.

why does my viron equilibrium keep resetting itself to manually off ? I have to keep turning it to auto every day so it runs ? Can anyone help ?

Jeff asked on Jul 25, 2018

Answer this

Do you have a Cartridge Filter ??

Yes I do.

Hi Jeff I have the same problem, did you find a solution to it ???
Cheers Drew

See all 56 questions about AstralPool Viron eQuilibrium Salt Chlorinator

Your question will be specific to the model that you've selected.

Product Details