This product has been discontinued by ASUS.

• 6 comments
  • 7 questions
  • 3 answers
  • 32 helpful votes

Model: 32GB (ZE551ML) Date Purchased: Jun 2017

Awesome!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

I love this phone, great operating system, super speedy ram and huuuuge screen....i got a great deal on mine for $200. Its a good phone in comparison with the new iphone and samsung this one stands out with the great price. Only complaint is the quiet speaker for playing music.

Sydney

• 1 answer

Model: 32GB (ZE551ML) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Good phone, does the job.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

I've had this phone for six months now & it does the job.
Good: 3GB RAM, decent speed (rarely lags), good battery life, decent camera, inbuilt apps are useful
OK: Screen
Not good: Weirdly placed headphone jack (at the top; why??)
Bad: Android 5 (so you can't prevent apps from certain permissions), sometimes it butt-dials people

I'd recommend the phone to anyone looking for a budget-conscious phone which gets the job done.

Purchased at: eBay

Verified Purchase Model: 16GB (ZE500CL) Date Purchased: Mar 2016

Very UNSTABLE

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

Purchased ZenFone 2 over a year ago, like the size of the screen and it has great Google Maps navigation. As far as the phone itself is concerned it is very UNSTABLE system is not reliable and it tends to do it's own thing, once it called a specific number over 12 times without me doing anything..... positively unstable. Battery doesn't seem to last long as the result of instability, many things seem to run by themselves without me even touching it. Will NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT TO ANYONE.

Brisbane

Model: Laser (ZE550KL) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Excellent Phone for its price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

The phone comes brand new under $350 AUD, which is great value for a quad-core processor, 3GB RAM, and 6 inch screen.

The pixel density is relatively low, but I have never noticed any difference compared to other higher density resolution phones.

Operation is smooth, I have barely noticed any lag or hangs, it will only hang if you run graphically intensive 3D games.

Occasionally, the phone shuts itself down for no reason when it is low battery (<10%), but this happens rarely and isn't too much of a bother.

Overall, great value for money, and I will continue to purchase future models.

Purchased at: eBay

Model: 32GB (ZE551ML) Date Purchased: Nov 2016

good value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

The zenfone 2 is a great phone for the price you pay. For moderate phone users you will be satisfied with its features such as its great aesthetic design (there is a nice matte finish to the backing so there are no issues of it attracting fingerprints) along with its moderate camera quality (good for most users but not crystal clear).

I like the double tap feature and the size is good enough to use one handedly

Adelaide

• 2 helpful votes

Model: 32GB (ZE551ML) Date Purchased: Feb 2017

Bought this for my dad. Loves

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

The ASUS Zenfone 3 is an amazing phone for the price and outperforms expectations for the price of $200. I managed to pick it up for $188 from GearBest. I strongly recommend the Asus Zenfone 2 if you need a budget smart phone that performs well. The 4GB is more than enough for the usage of a poweruser.

Purchased at: Gearbest

Model: 16GB (ZE500CL)

Asus Zenfone Laser 2

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

I had bought this Mobile Phone 2 year back, it Really a good phone up till now. I shall really recommend the Asus co. to friend and relatives not only for phone but also try laptop etc.

Whyalla

Model: 16GB (ZE500CL) Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Love it!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

With a much more accessible price, the Asus gives you everything you need (and more) in a phone! Personally, I love the camera which, set at its highest, gives great quality images (although it's not brilliant at low light). It's easy to use, a great size (as I didn't want a phone the size of a tablet) and powerful.
Only regret? I wish I'd gone with the 32GB option as I seem to use it for everything!

• 39 helpful votes

Model: 64GB (ZE551ML) Date Purchased: Nov 2015

Very good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 23, 2017

This phone is great. Had it a year now and love it. I was not sure if I wanted a big screen and was very apprehensive about buying a phone this big, but since getting it I have noticed that I use the laptop much less and do a lot more on my mobile phone.

Date Purchased: Dec 2015

Affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2016

Had my phone for over 10 months , even this iphone and samsung are launching new models, still cant compare mine as uncomparable!! Affordable price. very satisfied on the battery life, specs, clear photos, weight and of course the price. Amazing product from asus! Wish you good luck and more power!

Adelaide

• 1 answer

Great Value Handset

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2016

I purchased the 4GB RAM 2.3GHz 64GB model. My previous handset was a Nexus 5 and I've used an iPhone 5 for work, so I'm basing my experience on these. I've had the phone for a few days and it has good signal quality, it operates quickly, runs apps well and has a good quality screen that feels great. My gripes are fairly minor - it's a bit bigger than I'm comfortable with and I will probably go back to 5" next upgrade. There is also a lot of bloatware installed, much of it Chinese, and it took me a while to remove apps and sort them into something manageable. You will also need to remove the Chinese language selections (not hard to do and understandable when you're buying a Chinese handset). Some of the installed apps are quite useful. Lack of backlit buttons is not a problem for me, it seems obvious where they are in the dark, but my wife doesn't like this. The FM radio works surprisingly well, very clear with no static, and the audio quality is very good when listening to high quality tracks. The speakerphone sounded a bit quiet when driving but the Google maps voice was loud and clear. The camera is decent, nothing special but not as bad as some other reviews suggest. Battery life is reasonable for the size of the phone but I was expecting slightly better performance. Build quality is good and it feels solid. Overall I'm very satisfied and if you're after a quality phone that's affordable, you can't go wrong with this phone.

Long Jetty, New South Wales, Australia

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Top specs on a budget

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

I've had this phone for about a year now. Podcasts, games, photo editing, etc. I use it a lot. Running temps are great, only when fast charging does it get a tad warm.Also has no issues processing, nothing is slow our clunky, and I push it with some apps/games. No persistent bugs or crashes to speak of. The screen is clear and bright, not the brightest screen out there, but pixel density is excellent. Battery life is sufficient for a day, though will suck dry pretty quickly if you have everything turned on. The non-removable battery is not as inconvenient as expected, especially with the fast charger they supply with the phone. Not a huge fan of the Asus UI, but it's certainly not bloaty, Nova launcher runs nicely over the top. Updates are very quick and frequent. I realize that they're not making this model anymore, but I'd certainly recommend it.

Value for money.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 26, 2015

Upgraded from the Xperia S to the Asus Zenfone 2 as needed the extra space, better features, and more importantly much, much faster! Definitely value for money when you compare the processing speed with the likes of the S6 edge or even the new Xperias.

mount isa

Private message

Best bang for buck phone

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2015

After switching from an iphone 5 to a zenfone ill will never go back 4gb ram intel processor and 64gb storage heaps of power for everything I need and half the price of the top of the range phones

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2015

I want a phone that is fast but not so expensive and I found one. This phone is the ideal phone for me. It is dual SIM and has a huge memory. I didn't need to buy extra micro SD just to increase the memory. The build in apps helps the phone to perform better like the application manager that kills apps as soon as it is not in use.

Gold Coast

• 1 comment
  • 3 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Intel powered zenfone

3 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2015

Has great features and is good value but still has many bugs and glitches which can get annoying. I believe Asus with the help of the famous Intel quality can make a good phone and compete with iPhone or Samsung but at the moment it's a budget phone and was worth the try another soon and review that.

sydney

• 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Repaired still doesn't work,ASUS ZenFone 2

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2015

Reviewed this phone earlier, said how fragile it seemed. Have had it repaired since, still not working correctly. Will not buy ASUS again.problem SIM 2 keeps dropping out. I looked at reviews on u tube,a good review.problem is they only review over a short period and not over some months. Don't listen to the hype of a one hour review. This phone is a dud.

November 7th 2016 Update: Finally finished

Had phone repaired twice under warranty, 3 month's outside warranty touch screen went. Contacted ASUS to find out if to it was worth being repaired. They emailed me back, "dear valued customer", that was it. First time I have had a problem with a phone, this phone 3 times in 15 months. I bought a name brand thinking I was getting quality, not so.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Quairading

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 16 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Where was this hiding?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2015

Well, I gave up my iphone due to escallating costs, and went hunting for the best android phone I could afford. I considered Ulefone, but settled on Asus because my laptop is an Asus and I love it. I did a lot of market research on this and most Asus phones, as welk as the Ulefone. I just couldnt go past $404 for 64Gb and the gorgeous 13mp camera, with a 5.5" screen!! Its still new, but so far its outstripping the iphone by a country mile. More of everything, features, memory, support, etc etc! Also with tbe Asus Fonepad 8", you get an ipad mini sized tablet that has more memory, less price that you can make calls on as well! Yay for Asus!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perth

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Zenfone 2 Cheap, Full of features but not Perfect!

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2015

I bought Two Asus Zenfone 2 recently on Ebay very cheap new phones for only $260 each.
It is larger than I expected.One for myself and one for my wife.
It has a Very annoying habit of the Camera coming on while it is my pants pocket.
The vibration is Lousy and pitiful you can barely feel it or hear it... I have actually missed a few calls because of it.
There is no quick way to set the phone on silent
Also there is no quick button to press to answer calls you have to swipe the specific spot to answer.
The swipe on Lock screen is not very responsive at all as is the double tap.
No I am not using a screen protector.
It also has a nasty habit of showing notification on top when trying to answer the phone calls.
I defineately dont like the set out of the Phone app and log and contacts... For us it is not really user friendly.
Trying to use the volume buttons on the middle at back is Not easy one handed because the phone is so large.
Also very odd but I cant see the screen if I am wearing my sunglasses outside, I can see the screen on my old Samsung Galaxy but the screen looks black until I take my RayBan sunnies off.
The ringtones supplied are absolutely the worst.
My final comment is that this phone has lots of excellent specs has a very good low light camera and it is a third of the price of other similar phones so it is still great buying and I cant help recommending it to others purely based on value for Money and really great battery life.