We have detected a number of positive reviews for this listing which we suspect have been falsely generated and have the potential to mislead consumers.

ProductReview.com.au takes a zero tolerance approach to any fake reviews and have removed these reviews accordingly.

Scammed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

On 9 May 2017, I ordered a voice recorder from Audiobuy.co.za. AT no point was it advertised that this site is not local. Turns out it is a re-seller based in Oz. It was apparently processed and dispatched from the US. It never arrived in SA. I contacted the shipping agent Globegistics who claim it arrived in SA but can give me no proof. [name removed], Audiobuy's (or Purelocal.com.au who seem to run the site) representative has not responded to an email since the 17th of May. I have arrived at the conclusion that this site is a scam.

No replies from Audiobuy Australia

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 27, 2017

I had purchased a guitar pickup set on 13/5/17 for 219$. Previously audiobuy responded to my mails about the shipping date. They said that the shipping date is getting delayed cause of backlog of orders. Ever after 2 weeks they said it'll be shipped after the weekend. When i mailed them about the shipping of my product in the following week. There is no reply for my mails. I have mailed them and mentioned the situation 3 times after the weekend. So now I'm writing this review as i don't know when will i receive my product or not.

Editing the review after receiving the tracking details.

Brisbane

• 9 comments
  • 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Purchase

Initial problems now solved very well

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

I ordered Steinberg Cubase 9 Pro download, paid AU$721, no download link, website does not reflect my order, no download link, got an automatic no email that my product will be shipped, but nothing that it has been (although a download does not need to be shipped). I rang the 02 8607 8249 customer support line, it is AudioBuy International, not AudioBuy Australia, I can't speak to anyone, goes straight to message bank, sent emails to support email, zero response.

These problems were sorted very well today, please see my response below.

Comments

I have been contacted by AudioBuy this afternoon, and I was very impressed by their response. It was a series of smaller problems adding up. AudioBuy agreed with my feedback related to download pro... read more »

Scarborough

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Don't Waste Your Time

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2016

Did a best-price google search for a guitar that I am interested in.
Audiobuy came up with a really good price. Thought, what the heck, at this price I'll take the risk and buy from an unknown online seller (and then there still is buyer protection with PayPal...).
Ordered, created account, paid, received confirmation email and PayPal invoice, money was transferred (transaction status was "completed" in PayPal.
Prices on website are in AUD (order total 442), but PayPal payment was in USD and turned out to be more in AUD than advertised and i
nvoiced (AUD 456), but it was still a very good price for the guitar, so I did not really care.
Nothing further happened, after a couple of days, I sent an email, asking for an update regarding order status – was ignored.
Today when checking into my PayPal account, I realized the money had been refunded.
No communication, explanation, apologies whatsoever.
Some more research revealed: US based, grey importer with a virtual office somewhere in Sydney. No staff in Australia. Fellow musicians beware: With this seller, one cannot really be sure which advertised prices are for real and which might be "pricing mistakes". If it is the latter, you might not only not get your order, but also lose money in the process.

UPDATE 7/9/16: Refund was sent in USD which caused me conversion losses of AUD 24 which Audiobuy refuse to refund. I can only urge caution regarding this seller.
UPDATE 8/9/16: Contacted seller yesterday, allegedly it was a "pricing mistake" that prompted him to cancel and refund. Refuses to refund to full AUD amount. NSW OFT and ACCC complaints lodged.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes