Returned customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

This is the third time I’ve purchased rugs from AUrugs, always reliable, exactly what I want and at these prices I can afford to renew my rugs and change the look of the rooms.
Very happy...

Disappointed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I bought a rug from AURugs for $109.00 and it did not look like the image so I decided to return the rug. I contacted AURugs and they told me it was going to cost $165.00 to return my rug. I emailed them and explained to them it was going to cost more to return the rug then what I paid for it. They did not care and were not very helpful.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Fantastic service..ordered on the 2/1/19..recieved on 7/1/19..from America to Australia..Amazing. .Rug is exactly as described..beautiful and bright..very happy with service..HIghly recommended..

Absolutely amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Feeling slightly anxious I ordered a rug on 13 December. It arrived today, 17 December. That is amazingly efficient. I was kept up to date with delivery details. In fact I’ve just ordered another one! And the rug is as described. A little thin, but just right for what I need.

Easy, simple, quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Our hall runner was under $200 for 5m in length! So cost effective. Delivery was fast (5days), tracking allowed us to keep an eye on the rug as it travelled to Aus. The rug is in great condition and fits our needs perfectly.
For those who are lamenting the returns policy, if you have a specific need or colour or size, buy something which you can see before you buy so that you dont get caught out. The website very obviously states its return policy.

Daleys Point

• 3 answers
  • 4 helpful votes
Private message

Great Service, great rugs!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Really Pleased!
Purchased a large blue rug from the USA on the Friday and it was delivered to me in Australia the following Monday week! I am delighted with the rug, well worth the effort to go through the stock photos to make your choice. The description is so helpful and helps with your decision making. I would have no hesitation in purchasing another rug, in fact I have purchased another rug and very pleased with both! Happy customer indeed!

Perth

• 1 comment

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2018

I was so pleased with my Rug. Tracking system is very good, and will tell you exactly where it is in any given day. Arrived to me in Perth WA within 6 days.
Would buy from this company again.

Edging different ? ?

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Rug delivered today in Western Australia, Colour perfect as online. A square rug, two ends have white fringes. I had particularly checked the edging, so was a bit cross, but will have to live with it. ??

Comments

I am happy with the Rug & prompt delivery, but those white fringes ????

Verified Customer

Rug exactly as described & I love it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2018

Like others who have posted reviews here, I was extremely dubious about buying from AURugs based on what I had read but I loved the look of the rug in question and I thought I'd take the risk.

I am extremely happy to say that the rug is beautiful, exactly as described, shipped extremely fast, was packaged beautifully and suits our lounge room really well.

I think that as with any online purchase, you need to do your homework but I would confidently buy again given this experience. This is the rug I purchased -

Great product

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 16, 2018

Purchased a large Havana style rug. Ordered on Thursday, delivered on Tuesday. All as described and as per picture online. Soft underfoot. Deducting one star as I agree with other reviewers that it is a bit misleading that the website does not clearly state that the rugs are sent from the US. It would be a hassle if we did want to return it.

Superb - just what I wanted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Wanted to cover a small patio, thought of synthetic grass, then saw AURugs website. So glad I changed my mind. Our 4x3m outdoor rug looks so good, and the quality is outstanding. Ad it got here from the US in days, with payment having been made in Australian dollars and with free postage. Can't recommend too highly.

Disappointed

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Very disappointed. Colours are not what I imaged from image advertised. One corner is so much brighter than the rest of the rug - making it look like a reject. Large thread on back of carpet. Looks unfinished. Would not recommend this product.

Excellent buy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

My rug was exactly as shown online and delivered within a few days. Extremely happy with the product and delivery. Will order ore now.

Good website, service, product and delivery

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2018

Before purchasing, I read a few complaints of the company not being Aussie (complaints of misrepresentation because of the AU website name) and that sometimes rugs were roughly delivered. To be honest, Aussie retailers import overseas stuff anyway and place markup on it. This website effectively cuts out the middle man from what I see (so detriment to Aussie retail workers) but at the huge price differential, its hard to justify the middle man to support Aussie jobs (I support a reasonable differential to support local jobs, but frankly, local retailers should adjust their business model if they have to markup 2 -3 times the overseas price). The rug was delivered folded, but the style shag pile hall runner means it is not an issue. The hall runner will naturally settle. We bought a more expensive rectangular wool rug from an Aussie retailer, which had same issue of settling the rug when delivered, so no big deal. My only complaint the website could make it clearer that the merchant will apply its own international transaction fee. I wrongly assumed because the transaction looked like it was in Aussie dollars, then no conversion fee wouldd apply (to be fair, i didnt read the T&C but who does right?) Otherwise very happy with this company and would deal with again.

• 3 comments
  • 4 answers
  • 7 helpful votes
Private message

Very good rug for price and quick shipping. Misleading name indeed - not an Aussie mob

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

I want to share a comprehensive review of my experience with AU Rugs so apologies in advance for the length of my review. I ordered a 2 x 3 metre outdoor rug from this site before I had read these reviews. As others have said, I also thought this was an Aussie company. When you look at their FAQs, it says their offices are in USA and Switzerland but with a 1800 Australian number. They must have updated their site, as I could not see Sydney premises listed. I had looked at this rug a couple of weeks ago and then had a look again on Sun 9 th Sept. It came up cheaper than earlier so I took the plunge and ordered with payment through PayPal hoping for PayPal buyer protection to kick in if things go wrong. Ordering was quick and easy and PayPal took the amount instantly in AUD so no conversion fees (no ‘Pay after delivery’ option available for this purchase).

The following Monday I stumbled across these reviews and you can imagine my anxiety after reading the negative experiences people had. I had a number of thoughts going through my head - will it be good quality, will it arrive folded, will I have to return it to Switzerland if I don’t like it etc. Monday afternoon I got an email to say the rug was shipped and was given a tracking number. Guess what! The rug was picked up by DHL in Charlotte, North Carolina – USA! There you go. They are not based in Australia. The estimated delivery showed as Fri 14 th Sept. I thought the 5-business day turnaround from USA was amazing. The rug ended up being delivered to Brisbane on Monday 17th (the parcel sat in Sydney for two days for some reason).

As soon as I saw the parcel, I felt very relieved. The rug arrived rolled and shrink wrapped. I laid the rug and it was flat albeit a couple of folds on the edges, which I expect to flatten overtime. The rug was just as described on the website, size was accurate and quality was better than what I expected. I am very satisfied with the purchase and glad I don’t have to go through the returns nightmare others have faced. Negatives: misled into thinking I was buying from an Australian company, the colour of the rug was just a shade darker in real life than the photos on website (of course it depends on my screen brightness etc) and there were two areas of frayed fibres probably from the manufacturing process. I just trimmed those off. I have taken one star off for these.

My simple tip for potential buyers is this – if you want a costly rug, have very specific requirements on quality, material, size and colour, buy local so you can return it easily if you don’t like it. If you are not too fussy and are
after something reasonable where size and colour doesn’t matter as much (like an outdoor rug) then consider AU Rugs – knowing that you are not buying Australian! Read their description very carefully about the size, colour, thickness etc - its all there on their website.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Very happy with purchase!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Buying any big purchases online scares me a little. Especially buying a rug that I hadn’t seen or touched in person. I was a little worried about it arriving with a fold (after reading reviews) but it arrived rolled and in absolutely fabulous condition ready to be rolled on our hardwood floor. I’m so so happy with our purchase! Ordered on Sunday and it arrived on Friday and is gorgeous and exactly like the pictures. Absolutely recommend these guys

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Misleading name and returns policy

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I bought a rug from this site with the reassurance of 30 day money back guarantee. Unfortunately, the rug was not of the quality I hoped for. Very thin and you could see the backing through the rug. So I opted to return it. Anyhow, it turns out, that yes, you can return your rug, to America or Switzerland! They are NOT an Australian company and don’t have a warehouse here. The cost of shipping of those countries is extortionate. I felt very much mislead.
It was a very disappointing and costly experience, as I either loose all the money sending the rug back, or I keep an unusable item. I will triple check next time to ensure I’m not dealing with a foreign company posing as an Australian firm.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Love my rug!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2018

Love my rug!! Would not be able to buy anything similar for that price in Australia. Rug arrived in under a week, well packed which is quicker than if I had purchased a rug locally. Would recommend this company to anyone.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

So Very Disappointed - Buyer BEWARE ON RETURNS POLICY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

The purchase of the rug and delivery was seamless. The RETURN process is not. The company offered the following solutions - If you would like to use our account with FedEx, we can provide you a shipping label via email for $340 AUD off your final refund.Upon receiving the return, we’ll confirm with our Returns Department that the rug has been received and the refund will apply directly back to your credit card account for the full purchase price. Alternatively, if you would be okay with keeping the order, you may decide to take one of our resolutions, the following are available:1. ) Partial Refund - $160 AUD OR 2. ) 35% off of next rug purchase

I also asked where their returns policy was on their website and I cannot find it. I see they advertise 30 day return policy but not the actual detail. I would never have bought from them if the details were made public.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Erina, NSW

• 2 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Great rug, Great quality, Great price, Fast shipping

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2018

Fantastic rug, good quality and much better than you can buy in Australia for the price. Shipping via FedEx from the US was faster than if I bought it here - and its free so don't know how they do it!! Remember this company is not in Australia despite its name so choose carefully as returning would be exorbitantly expensive even if you get your money back for the product. Rug was folded so would have to sit a while to straighten out but we loved what we ordered which suited our needs perfectly and we could not source anything similar in Sydney. I love the wide range of styles and sizes. We would buy again from AU Rugs quite happily - just don't buy with the intention of returning it for a change of mind - not because they wont honour the refund but the postage would be horrendous.

1 of 11 pages