Review rating:
  • 2 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Mar 2018

A bit noisy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

I’ve only had mine a week, so it’s hard to judge its effectiveness as I bought it to reduce the dust levels in my home office. I have to say it’s too noisy to use when I’m in the room with it. On its lowest setting the fan ‘hunts’ up and down changing pitch constantly which is noticeable over the hum of my computers. There is no way I can use it in the bedroom at night. So basically I move it into a room I’m not in and let it work away.

Comments
Winix Official

Hi Bigmac. Russell here from Ausclimate. I've also got the same 4 Stage air purifier in my home office so I might be able to help. My office is quite small, but I have it positioned about 2 metres ... read more »

Ok, i'll give you a call. I run the unit on Sleep Mode all the time so it's not notching up the fan speed automatically. The fan has a distinct growl that rises and falls over about a 3 second cy... read more »

Winix Official

Thanks - look forward to sorting this out for you.

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Date Purchased: Nov 2017

What a ripper product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

After buying the Aus-9500 for home & loving it, I got the Aus-5500 for the office (Both from Ausclimate). My work environment is extremely dusty & it affects my breathing & makes me cough most of the day. NOT ANY MORE! This unit has transformed my working day. I hardly cough at all, am less tired & way more productive. I’m so happy with this unit & the service from Ausclimate.

Burpengary

• 1 question

Date Purchased: Jul 2017

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2017

I have had some excellent back up service and support from Russell of Ausclimate. I can highly recommend them. I have had some very good results from this unit and does help greatly with removing dust and pollutants from the air as I suffer from some sinus and asthma problems.

Fresh Air in our new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2016

We bought the Winix 4-stage air purifier from Ausclimate.

Our home is a multi-level apartment overlooking the QUT Kelvin Grove Campus. My partner and I work during the day so the apartment is closed up and our cat stays indoors. In the past we used to come home and find the air in our home to be stuffy and smell from meals and kitty litter. We constantly needed to be vacuuming up cat fluff and dust.

Since buying the air purifier from Ausclimate we now come home to clean, fresh air as if we had left the balcony doors open all day! It has also helped with the cat fluff and dust and as a result we only need to vacuum once a week! Much better than once every three days!!

Russell was fantastic and gave us great advice and assistance on how to run the machine. Basically advising we run it on turbo for an hour or so before bed to make sure the air is turned over plenty of times in the bedroom and then set it on automatic.Besides being easy to use, the air quality sensor is good too –and it always lights up to tell you when the bad air is going through the machine.

Cannot think about living without one now to be honest! It's really good value and worth its weight in gold!

It make a fresh difference

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2016

I have been using a WINIX Air Purifier in my Ladies Health Club for the past 4 weeks and have noticed that there seems to be less odour and a fresher smell in the fitness studio. We have a boutique ladies gym and we conduct classes during operating hours as well as ladies performing their own conditioning programs. Although we have carpet in our facility the air seems "fresher" and our customers have commented on the difference that the purifier seems to make to the environment.

Congestion?!? What congestion?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2016

I was always sniffling and snuffling when my friend, a fellow allergy sufferer suggested I get an air purifier. I came across Ausclimate's website and was a bit overwhelmed by all of the products and the technicalities. I contacted them directly and received exceptional customer service. They took the time to explain all of the products and their benefits, we bought the 4 stage air purifier to stop the smells and allergens in our rental house in West End in Brisbane. It is a naturally dusty house teamed with us having two small inside dogs, my allergies were going crazy.
Since having the air purifier my congestion has reduced significantly.
My friend commented how lovely the house smelled the other day, something I didn't expect with having two inside dogs. We also like the Plasmawave function that helps with viruses and bacteria, my partner used to get colds at the drop of the hat, since getting the purifier I can remember the last time he was sick.

Fresh Air Fresh Home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2016

I am a chef and I often cook up spicy aromatic food that often has the house smelling for days. I also have an indoor cat which means adding a kitty litter smell to that as well and the house was often really unpleasant. I also live near a busy road with constant dust issues and no matter how much I aired the house out (not easy when it needs to be locked up while I'm at work) or sprayed air fresheners I couldn't get the house smelling fresh.
I was recommended an air purifier from Ausclimate and after calling them they suggested the Winix 4 Stage Air Purifer. I've only had it for a couple of weeks and already the house odours have virtually diminished. When I cleaned the pre-filter which is very easy to take out and clean, I was amazed by the amount of dust that it had collected from the air. The other things I like about this machine is that it is really easy to use, even has a remote control, but I just leave it set on auto and it runs all the time. So far I'm really impressed.

Albury

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Love it Love it Love it!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2016

A big thank you to the lovely lady from Ausclimate. I bought the Winix WAC5500 from Ausclimate recently and what a difference it’s made to my life. I live and operate a business in Southern NSW (Albury) and this time of the year it feels like it is the heart of hay fever country. Hay fever is something I have always put up with but since I purchased the air purifier I’m getting a much better night’s sleep. I now wake up with a much clearer head. I wish I had bumped into Chris years ago. She was so helpful and really knows a lot about air purifiers. I had no idea how good they could be. I also didn’t know what to look for but after Chris told me about what the filters can do especially the HEPA filter I was sold. This is some really advanced piece of equipment but one of the best things I like is that it is fully automatic and comes with a remote control. It is so easy to use.
Being in business myself I only review products that stand out from the rest. Ausclimates product and professional people are first class. I thought about how many other people with hay fever could benefit from an air purifier. Do yourself a favour and call Ausclimate. I would highly recommend getting a Winix air purifier from them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

I am interested in the Winix Ultimate 5 Stage Aus-9500 and would like to know the price? Thank you

Tina asked on Aug 29, 2017

Hi Tina
The Winix Ultimate 5 Stage retails for $795.00 however it is on sale for $595.00 including free delivery.
We also have selected retail stores who will match our online sale price too.
If you have any further questions you can visit our website www.ausclimate.com.au for full details otherwise please call us direct on 1800 122100
Kind regards
Allan Bryan
Ausclimate

I have a Winix 5500 and forgot about changing the filter when the light came on, now it will not start even after pressing the reset button behind the filter. I have washed out the hepa filter and put in new black filter. What can I do? Phillip

Phill222 asked on Jul 10, 2017

Answer this

Hi Phillip, thanks for your enquiry. Can I help you with a little trouble-shooting over the phone. Might also be helpful to have the air purifier close-by too. Kind regards Russell 1800 122 100

Between the 2 models Winnix 4 stage AUS 5500 and Winnix Ultimate Stage 5 9500 which is quieter?

peter asked on Jun 30, 2017

Hi Peter,
The Winix Ultimate 5 Stage air purifier is quieter than the Winix 4 Stage air purifier.
As example, 'Medium' fan speed is 48.9 decibels for 4 Stage compared to 47.9 for the 5 Stage air purifier.
By the way, a more comprehensive explanation regarding each model is available on the Ausclimate web-site.
Remember, we are here to have a chat anytime to ensure all your questions are answered.
Regards Russell of Ausclimate