Review rating:

Brisbane

• 1 question
  • 1 helpful vote

Date Purchased: May 2017

Wow! Why didnt we buy this sooner! I can breathe properly again.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2017

Purchased the 12 litre online from Ausclimate three weeks ago and it arrived the following day. We are retired and both my husband and I suffer with asthma, allergies and sinusitis. We have used the little dessicant dehumidifiers in our wardrobes etc until now. Put it in our bedroom at lunchtime, 81% humidity, went to bed later that night, its the first time I have been able to sleep without being propped up on pillows because I feel breathless. We've had it for several weeks now. Put it on mid afternoon and in the morning I open up our bedroom and ensuite windows for fresh air. Mid afternoon close the windows and put the dehumidifier on again. We get between 3 and 4 litres of water every morning from the machine. The humidity has gone down from as high as early 80's down to between 47 - 55. We have reduced our asthma medications, we no longer take antihistamines for allergies as we don't need them, no more sinusitis and we have both noticed that the other isn't snoring anymore! Its so wonderful to not be so sick with asthma and allergies, feeling much more rested in the mornings now and not waking up exhausted like we were before. I think we might buy one for our lounge room too!

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 6 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2016

Lifesaver!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

We live in an apartment block on the top floor built in the 70s. The bathrooms are completely renovated but we were unable to install exhaust fans because of the location of the electric wiring and strata laws. We started to get moody ceilings when winter came. The moisture from hot showers just doesn't go anywhere even with the windows wide open. We tried putting a fan in the bathroom to blow out the hot air, but we woke up to wet bathroom ceilings and walls every Winter morning. It was getting so bad that we had to mop the walls and wipe the ceiling every week to get rid of mood.
And then I found Ausclimate on Product Review! We contacted them via email to advise us on the right product for us. They responded within a day with helpful insights. We put through our order and got our dehumidifier within a few days!
We mostly use it in our bathroom during the colder months, but sometimes in the lounge or bedrooms when it's humid. It has been a year since we bought this little lifesaver and it is still working its magic. Thank you so much Ausclimate!

Great for our climate at Yeppoon.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2016

We have just brought 3 Ausclimate dehumidifiers which arrived in 24hrs after placing order. We saw them out our daughter in laws house and thought how good they worked. We use them through out the rooms and wardrobes and linen cupboards in our house, we were continually buying moisture absorber refills.The after sale service was prompt and good.

Great for humidity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2016

I brought the small machine WDH-210HA from ausclimate and it arrived with 24 hours of placing my order. My walls everyday dripped moisture as we live on the beach at the sunny coast and this has been amazing. My cupboards were always wet and the mould issue became a health issue it since running this machine I have alleviated most of these problems and my kids are not feeling as sick. My son is a asthmatic which is also great for him and his breathing. Would highly recommend this machine. Actually brought the bigger one as well for the second level of the house to run both at the same time

Ausclimate - 5 star customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2015

I've just placed and order for a small Ausclimate de-humidifier which will be delivered in a couple of days. I'll post another review on the product once I've had an opportunity to test it out, but in the meantime, I just wanted to comment on the A-class customer service I received from Russell at Ausclimate. I was pretty clueless about the world of de-humidifiers but Russell took the time to explain everything and listen to my needs in order to recommend the right product (which also happened to be the cheapest!). The staff at Ausclimate are clearly experts in their industry and passionate about their product. The very friendly and dedicated customer service was a very pleasant introduction to Ausclimate. I look forward to writing about the product shortly.

Wentworth Falls

• 1 question
Private message

Best purchase I have made in a long time

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2015

A week ago my AusClimate WDH-210HA-12R was delivered and put straight to work. Firstly in my bedroom, which was quite damp and mould was accumulating on the windows, indicating I had a problem. After using for 2 days to dry out the room, the air smelt so much better and my respiratory problems have virtually disappeared after only 1 week. It is extremely quiet when running, and I love the gauge which I also purchased, which tells me the temperature and level of humidity in the room. You have complete control of the environment within the room. Next job was to dry out the room with most of my books, which were going mouldy!! Again, air smells so much better and much water was extracted from that room.

I appreciated the fast response from the company to my query email sent on a Saturday. I was called that day and we discussed the suitability of the model for my situation. Great service. I had read reviews of many other makes and models and am so glad I purchased mine from AusClimate and would not hesitate to recommend them to my friends. All I say to myself is, What took me so long.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

I love my dehumidifier, it's fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2014

I bought my dehumidifier in late 2012, when I recieved it I used it that very same day. I decided to buy it as I had a damp smell in one of our spare bedrooms. What I didn't realise, was how much water was actually in the carpet and bedroom furniture. I got a total of 10L of water out of a 3m×3m room overnight and then again the next day! I was astounded by how it worked. I then decided to use it in all my other rooms of the house and got the same results. I actually use it often on those rainy days when my clothes wont dry I pop it in the laundry and it dries my clothes overnight. I absolutely love my dehumidifier! I recommend it as you will benefit from using it, my breathing and sleeping has become much better and I no longer need to use smelly sprays in my house! The air is now fresh and clean. I use my dehumidifier all the time and you will too.

+ It's very reliable, quiet, easy to operate and so super cheap to run.

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 4 helpful votes

excellent product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2014

Bought this model dehumidifier as we were having problems with moisture build up in our bedroom.Having never used a dehumidifier before, I didn't know what to expect.However after using it for several days now it has proven to be very effective.Another selling point was the price, as Ausclimate was offering up to 30% summer saving discount, and free delivery. I only wished I had known about these products years ago, the people at Ausclimate were most helpful.I would certainly recommend this product to anyone who has moisture/mould problems. You won't be disappointed.

+ effectiveness, price,

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

This little device has improved my sleep and health!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 02, 2014

I bought the WDH-210-HB-12R dehumidifier online from AusClimate on Sunday morning and it arrived by courier (free delivery) on Monday afternoon!! It has been great, in 24 hours the water tank was full, and my previously damp bedroom felt fresh and dry. It has made my bedroom much more conducive to sleep, I can breathe better, and my clothes are staying fresh and free from mildew.

+ Great product, great price, super fast delivery!!!

Lockhart

• 3 helpful votes

Perfect for Bathroom

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 18, 2014

I had never heard about dehumidifiers until it was recommended to me for our mould problems. I contacted the people at Ausclimate direct and they were so helpful and advised which model best suited us. They were genuinely interested and even rang me after to see how it was going. I live in a rural area and the bathroom is on the south side of the house where there a lot of trees and not getting much light. We have been having a big problem with mould for years and have been constantly treating and cleaning the walls and ceiling. The dehumidifier is fantastic and honestly the best thing ever and I only wish we knew about this years ago. At first it pulled out litres and litres of water and then it settled down to about 500ml per day during winter. We leave it on all the time in winter and so cheap to run. The mould has gone! I can't believe that it has really gone and no more cleaning. We don't have to worry about the children being around mould as well.

+ It really works and is very cheap to run. It turns itself off when the water is full so it doesn't matter if you forget it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

We received our dehumidifier last week and thrilled with how well it works. Any recommendations for running it, eg all the time on normal or high setting? Also any idea on running costs please? Thanks in advance!

Tracey137 asked on May 07, 2017

Answer this

Hi Tracey, I tend to run mine halfway between Normal and Max. I did buy the gauge which tells me the humidity level and I prefer to keep it down below 60%. I didn't notice any increase in power bills but now having just installed solar panels, I only run the unit during the day when my panels are collecting. Still waiting my first bill on solar so can't comment. The two areas I dehumidify are the bedroom and a downstairs room with most of my books, which were going mouldy! Living in a climate which is cool and moist, I was shocked at the amount of moisture pulled out of the air. I find a full day in each area only a day per week keeps the air nice and healthy. I can only imagine how much moisture could be contained in a mattress. When I first got the unit I did run it on Max for a full 24 hours then when the collection slowed down I went to the weekly routine. I wouldn't be without it, being an asthmatic. Hope you are enjoying your dehumidifier and these comments are of interest Barb..

Hi Tracey
Glad to hear you're thrilled with our dehumidifier.
Like Barb, most of our customers purchase a dehumidifier to combat moisture related problems such as mould, condensation and musty odours.
If this is the case then we believe the most effective and efficient way to control these problems is to thoroughly dry your room operating your dehumidifier on 'max' for a day or so. To stop the moisture problems from returning then you may only need to turn on your dehumidifier once week or so to keep your room dry.
We also have a link on our website for 'operating tips'; a handy guide to getting the best from your dehumidifier (click on the tab 'FAQ's & Tips).
Alternatively please call us direct on 1800 122100 for any advice on operating your dehumidifier.
With regard to running costs this will depend on what state you live in but generally the Small 12L dehumidifier will cost around 4 - 5 cents per hour.
Kind regards
Allan Bryan
Ausclimate

How heavy is the unit and does it have a handle and wheels to enable easy moving? I notice one review said they bought online with delivery the next day. I live in Wentworth Falls, Blue Mountains. What would the delivery cost be? Does it have to stand a while to settle down after the trip up here or can it be set to work almost straightaway? I note the retail price is $329. Correct? or is there a better price?

Barb Bessant asked on Feb 28, 2015

Answer this

Hi Barb,
I estimate it weighs around 5 kilos. I set mine up pretty much as soon as it arrived and there was no problem. It is easy to roll around to different positions as required.
You would need to check with Ausclimate re delivery costs, I can't remember what they were.
I think I paid $ 329 for mine, it sounds reasonable. At the time I bought Ausclimate had the best price, but you could google the product with model number and see if you can find a better price.
Hope this helps,
Regards,
Kaia

Thanks Kaia, I did get a reduction because of the end-of-summer sale, plus free delivery. It is on its way and will arrive today. I have found my contacts with the company (Alan) very satisfactory and I am looking forward to putting it to work today. Barb.

Product Details