Review rating:

• 4 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Feb 2017

The bomb diggity

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2017

This thing is great, pulled buckets water out of one room just the first day. Got it to help with dampness and mould problems on our ground floor apartment and so far it's doing a crazy good job. Ordered direct from the Ausclimate website and it arrived in 2 days. Don't bother with the other brands, this is the one you should get.

Sunshine Coast

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Dec 2016

So Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2016

Have had my Ausclimate dehumidifier WDH-716DE for 2 weeks now- so happy I purchased this- in the past I had mould issues, but when I see the amount of water extracted I know the days of cleaning up the mould are over. The machine is very portable and has an acceptable purr- I hardly hear it. Alan has been fabulous with pre and after sales tips- in fact, this company gives the good old fashioned promptness and service- such a pleasure dealing with them. Now my son wants one for his home- he knows how happy I am with mine.

Mia v.d.s

Date Purchased: Mar 2016

5 Stars for the product and for Russell

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2016

Russell is the most exceptional Sales Manager my partner and I has ever dealt with. Our small rental property has high humidity and has persistent presence dust in which we consulted Russell with our problem. He recommended products based on our situation and even swayed us away from purchasing the more expensive units as he deemed it wouldn't serve our purpose and would be a waste of money. We eventually ordered two products from Russell as per his recommendation, an Ausclimate Dehumidifier and a Winix Air Purifier to which we are both highly satisfied with the results.

We saw his recommendation not only as very professional but he conducted himself in a highly ethnical manner, something that is rarely seen in businesses these days.

• 3 answers

Date Purchased: Apr 2016

Absolute success

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2016

I have just ordered another unit following the success of the first 2. I am a commercial plumber and hydraulics consultant and was asked to solve issues in a drying room at a ski lodge above the snowline where serviceability and ease of operation are critical. The unit has been performing perfectly and at significantly less cost than the previous method of electric heating and fans.
I have also now used the same unit to de-humidify plant-rooms in buildings where condensation is a problem due to large hot water boilers and cold water systems producing constant condensation and subsequent floor leaking issues.
These are a fantastic, simple to operate unit with minimal on-going maintenance requirements, highly effective, even in challenging situations.

Verified Purchase

Should have done bought one long ago....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2016

Just purchased a Medium Ausclimate dehumidifier. We live in a very high rainfall area in the Qld northern tropics and it has made a big difference in drying the house out and also drying clothes. The service was excellent - very prompt delivery and helpful information. Highly recommend this company.

Wow!! Just Wow

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2016

I stumbled across Ausclimate Dehumidifiers whilst googling remedies for mildew. Hadn't ever thought of a dehumidifier but saw some amazing reviews from people with similar situations to mine. Damp, brick house that despite leaving doors and windows open on nice days we still had issues with mildew in bedrooms. I spoke to Allan who really knew what he was talking about. I decided to purchase the unit and started to dry out the inside of my home. I am absolutely stunned at the amount of moisture I had in my home. The tank keeps filling up!! Excellent customer service. Lightning fast delivery. Quiet unit.
Best product Ive purchased in a long while and would definitely recommend it to everyone. You will be shocked at how much dampness your house holds.

Gosford

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

The best product I purchased ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2016

Since moved to central coast, the mould the smelly rooms became my biggest headache cause I have never experience this. I almost give up this house and plan to move to some dry places until I got this dehumidifier. It works amazing, fixed all the problems in winter time. Couldn't love it more!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Melbourne

• 1 comment
Private message

Best product ! Best service !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2016

This company provides the best customer service. My initial phone enquiry was a delight as consultant was genuinely interested in finding the right product for ME. When DH arrived on a Friday it did not work! Rang company Sat morn. and unbelievably was answered. A replacement was sent first thing Mon. This one works brilliantly. I love it. I initially bought DH as my doggies have continual ear infections due to high humidity...(especially overnight)....it appears to help and I am able to control humidity levels in my home. The additional hygrometer is wonderful as it allows me to know when humidity levels are rising! Does dry the laundry overnight too!!!!! Highly recommend this company and product.

• 3 helpful votes

Skeptic no more

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 04, 2016

Any product with purely 5 star ratings should raise an eyebrow, but this really seems to be a decent product. I have a humidity problem and chose the medium size model from Ausclimate. After about 6 weeks of running non-stop it is definitely pulling its weight. I have a standard 3 bedroom home and considered a larger model but this one does the job. It is quieter than I expected, although not silent by any stretch (Can watch TV without interruption while it runs) and it collects buckets of water on wetter days. Overall very happy, but note power cord is a little bit short.

• 1 answer

Verified Purchase

Great product. Improved mould problem and smell

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2016

I bought this to deal with a really damp and mouldy house. It worked really well! House doesn't smell anymore! Controls are easy to use and wheeling it around made it easy to move from room to room. I run it at 50% humidity and it does the job well. Really happy with purchase.

Fantastic Product with excellent Customer Service to match

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 01, 2016

I used a medium in the house I am renting and the amount of moisture that it collected was astounding. I was a bit unsure of the product at first not knowing if it would help or not and now it is one of my favourite household items. The customer service from my initial call, to dispatching my order and following up on how the product is going for me is second no none. If only a lot of other business excelled at customer service like Ausclimate does. Thanks guys, I will be sure to be putting in more orders in the future.

Great Machines and top Customer service to boot

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2016

We bought three of these to use in our business and home and they work really well. On the flat out setting they seem to drag a lot of moisture out of the room and you can feel it when you walk in there. One of them had an issue with the electronics and Russell replaced it FOC even through it was out of the warranty period. Great job guys.

Melbourne

Private message

Early days yet, but so far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2015

As many others have written here, really great customer service. Ran through with Allan the issues I was having (am located in Melbourne in an apartment with not a lot of direct sunlight and lots of condensation and damp issues). He was able to confirm the model I should be going for and provided good advice when to run the machine and for how long.
Item ordered on Wednesday evening and arrived 2 days later on Fri - in Dec mind, so despite Christmas parcel postal traffic it arrived in very good time.
It is literally just a plug in and press the on button operation so very easy to use.
Had it going for a couple of hours yesterday and a few today (which happened to be particularly humid days) and I've pulled a good 2.5-3L out of it already. There is a noticeable difference in the temp in my living room (where I've had the unit running) compared to my bedrooom.
If it keeps going like this then I'll be a very happy customer.
Update: 7months after purchasing this item I am still very happy. After removing the excess moisture in my apartment over the first few weeks I didn't have to use it for ages. I have started using it again since the cold winter has started. Suffice to say daily use for about 30-45 minutes (pulling out around or less than 1L each day) has meant I'm no longer getting condensation on any of my windows and the temp in my apartment has increased by a couple of degrees. I have recommended this unit to my next door neighbours.

Verified Purchase

Delivers exactly what is promised

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2015

After feeling the air in our house being uncomfortably damp in the wetter months of autumn and winter, especially after the recent torrential rains in Sydney, we decided to purchase a dehumidifier and, after researching on the Internet, decided on the WDH-716DE.

Delivery was very fast and uncomplicated via courier, the included instructions were precise and easy to understand and the device was up and running in no time.

As we wanted to bring the ambient 85-90%! relative humidity down to more comfortable levels around 50-60%, we had the humidifier running 24/7 for a while and it worked perfectly. So even at the rather low temperatures we were having I got to tip out the 3.5L water tank at least 2-3 times a day. In fact the rather smallish tank is probably the only thing I would like to change (if you have an easy way to run a drain hose out of your house, you can do that instead)

I am very much looking forward to using it on a hot and muggy summer day, when it should make short work of high humidity even faster and make the climate in our house more enjoyable.

All in all very happy with the purchase and I can only thank the previous reviewers for swaying our decision towards this device.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Top company to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2015

This company have a great product. I am amazed at the amount of water that was removed from our rooms the first time we used it. Smells have gone and the workshop is much nicer to work in. I have quite a few expensive steel framed racing bikes that are collectors items and I work on expensive steel framed bikes. The last thing I need is moisture rusting the insides of frames and components. This removes it and keeps the rooms at a good temperature to work in. I reckon this would be a good thing to use if you collected old cars or motorbikes. The owner of the company in NSW is a nice bloke. He was very helpful and even recommended us buying the large model instead of the extra-large version based on our situation.

• 4 helpful votes

Great Product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 18, 2015

This product worked very well in my house which was very damp in winter. It is also great for drying clothes quickly! The delivery after ordering online was very fast and I received great customer service.

Most Important Tool in my Workshop.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2014

I make Guitars and other stringed Instruments so Humidity control is a must, I need to keep the workshop in a constant range of 40-55% Humidity to help keep the timbers stable and to give the instruments the best fighting chance when they head out into the real world. After doing a lot of research on all the different brands and models I decided to talk to AusClimate to get their advice they were extremely helpful and friendly and were spot on with the type and size of machine I needed and there was no attempt to try to upsell me at all and the unit was delivered the next day. I have now expanded my workshop to have two rooms so I have just purchased my second unit for a great price and once again great service and next day delivery. I could not recommend the product and the company enough. First rate all round!!!

Great service - great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2014

I just bought a dehumidifier from Ausclimate
This product works incredibly well and the service i received from the company was 5 star.
I bought the dehumidifier by phoning the company - 0422 008 777 and it was on my doorstep the next morning.(You can buy it online as well).
The owner of the company ([name removed]) was very helpful and I was available to speak with him regarding my home requirements and any questions i had about the use and safety of the product. It is great to get such efficient service.
I love this unit, it has made such a difference to my home, (no more damp smell). It is also very quiet and easy to use and hardly consumes any power. I would recommend this product to anyone who has any damp or mould problems.
Thanks again

Robin
Doonan Queensland

Fantastic Product and Excellent Customer Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2014

I contacted AusClimate for a recommendation of a suitable dehumidifier for our ground floor unit which constantly had a mould and moisture problem due to poor ventilation and a concrete ceiling. Based on my discussion about our issues and the size of our unit, Allan recommended the NWT Medium Home Dehumidifier. After running the dehumidifier as per Allan's recommendation, we now have an extremely dry and mould free house. In fact this is the first winter in 10 years my bedroom curtains have not ended up with mould home them. We have now dried out the house, including the moisture in the walls and no longer have moisture on the floor or in the air. The dehumidifier has also helped with general temperature control of the house and it has been noticeably warmer over winter. As all AusClimate sell is dehumidifiers, they know their product inside and out and are therefore able to provide the right advice and the right product.

Great product and customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2014

The product was shipped in an amazing timeframe and the unit is already working better than our previous one so I'm very happy.
I specifically like the control panel that shows what the humidity is in the room so you know it's doing it's job.
Customer service is fantastic and very personal. I would really recommend you buy this unit over other similar units by different brands.

1 of 2 pages

Hi, I'm currently in a rental property where we have horrendous 'crying windows' but reluctant to buy a dehumidifier as we're moving into a brand new home in November. Question is - those of you with new homes (with built in heating and cooling systems) do you still use your dehumidifier or has it become redundant?

Jen asked on Jun 05, 2017

Answer this

They are VERY useful devices. Ie: you could hang you clothes in the laundry on a rack and dry them with a dehumidifier in almost the same time and half the cost of a clothes dryer. The added benefit is the water is collected rather than spread into the air ( creating crying windows).
Gas ( un-flued ) heaters also produce h20 as part of the combustion process ( more crying windows).
Bare in mind that heating air only increases its capacity to hold water, when the air cools it condensates or drops water (crying windows) depending on dew point yahda yahda ....i could bore you to death.
At the end of the day they are very efficient and effective at REMOVING moisture from the air.
With the controls they have they will only operate if required, so kind of set and forget.

I live in a new house with reverse cycle air con, but would not be without the dehumidifier. I live in Queensland on the sunshine coast, so it gets hot, lots of coastal showers etc. I used to get mould after heavy rain- terrible job to clean up all the time. Now I use the dehumidifier every 8 or so weeks (depending on how much rain) I do not get mould and I am shocked at the amount of water I get out of the dehumidifier bucket. Love it, so glad I purchased it- great for drying clothes too.
Mia Van Der Stam

I have the medium model wdh-716de-20 how do i operate it please

lee m asked on Dec 18, 2016

Answer this

Ours came with operating instructions from the supplier Ausclimate. It is easy to set up & operate but best refer to these instructions. If you don't have them, I would contact Ausclimate - www.ausclimate.com.au

Google with provide your answer.
PDF download of operating instructions.
They are pretty simple though, pretty much plug and go.

Hi Lee
Yes, David and Andrew are correct. Our dehumidifiers are quite easy to operate.
If you would like to email me at [email protected] or call me toll free on 1800 122100 I can provide you with a user manual and operating tips.
The operating tips is a handy guide to getting the best results from your dehumidifier. This can also be found on our website: http://www.ausclimate.com.au/files/ausclimate_operatingtips.pdf
Kind regards
Allan Bryan
Ausclimate

How do I empty water for model DH4120?

mandy asked on Nov 30, 2015

Answer this

Turn the unit off and wait for about 2 minutes for all the water to drain out of the internal hoses into the tank at the front of the unit. (if you turn it off and straight away slide the tank out then water will leak onto the floor.) If you are facing the front of the unit, there are 2 sections on the front/sides about halfway down the unit that you hold onto and gently pull the tank out towards you. It should slide out pretty easily. When you go to slide it back in, make sure that the little bit of plastic inside the tank at the top is facing the right direction - if it isn't then the tank won't slide back in.

See all 4 questions about Ausclimate Medium 20L WDH-716DE-20R