Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Finally a 5* NBN Provider

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

Amazing staff that always help.
Speeds are actually what they advertise unlike other brands. Couldn't be happier with Aussie BB.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Awesome to hear, Gfunk! Thanks so much for the review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Dani

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

great customer and overall service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

The switch from my previous telco provider to AussieBB was seamless. Aussie BB were easy to deal with and provided exactly what they offered. I have had no problems with my connection, billing or any part of the service. I cant say that about any other telco I have ever used.

Baulkham Hills

Private message

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

change was as good as a holiday for a tired old dragon

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Changed to Aussie after multiple problems with another provider with a similar name .The whole process setting up account,router,voip etc was amazingly easy,early days but not having to wait an hour plus every time I needed help as was the case with the former provider and then being connected to a non English speaking tech assistant is a vast improvement. Still not happy with speed but I believe this has more to do with the NBN calamity than with Aussie,we are on HFC and maybe thats as good as it gets.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Well, we are very happy to have you with us. Thanks for the review. I'd love to help improve your speeds so I'll be in touch shortly to see if I can arrange a technician to give you a call. Cheers, Dani

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Great speed and the best aussie service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Connection extremely reliable. No issues with the service. Aussie have been excellent from first contact right through to connection. Sent me texts to keep me updated and had me connected on the day they promised. Love Aussie Broadband. Just go with Aussie, you won't regret it.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks so much Red Dog. We're happy that you enjoy our level of communication and our services. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great so far!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

One very happy customer here. Have been with ABB since I was connected to the NBN 2 or 3 months ago. My speed is excellent, without dropouts except for one, which was handled quickly and efficiently. Service calls don't have a long wait time and they appear to be handled in Australia. I left my former internet provider because you had to wait for a long time and the staff in service often had such heavy accents I couldn't decipher what they were saying (I do have a hearing problem).

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

We're happy to have you on board! Thanks for your review and glad to hear that you're enjoying our service and support. Cheers, Dani

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best support, stable and fast connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

My partner and I are heavy broadband users. We download a lot, game a lot, stream video a lot.
Very few dropouts, feels like once a month. ABB are great at communicating what the issue is, and how they are resolving it.
They send emails in advance when they expect a hiccup.
They recently expanded their tech support opening hours.
Tech guys are friendly and patient and great at communicating crap.
Saturday I had an issue and expected a 30min+ hold time but they picked up instantly.

Typically getting 80-90mb speeds on the FTTN to my strata. My old ADSL2 was barely 3mb because of the crap copper.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Fantastic speeds! It's great to hear, thanks for your feedback. We initially had higher hold times when Mungi ISP collapsed and we tried to help out their customers. We weren't prepared for all of ... read more »

Wow!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

I made the move from My Republic a few months ago and I haven’t looked back, my connection is more stable and faster. The sign up experience was outstanding and it made me feel welcome and excited to join Aussie Broadband. Thank you!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

That's superb to hear! We're happy that your service has been great so far. If you ever find anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Great Service - Hassle free internet connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

After putting up with My republics continual peak period slow downs i transferred to Aussie Broadband. I was connected within 15 mins of calling them and have not experienced any slow down during peak period. Very happy with their service.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Fantastic to hear. Thanks for the review. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to improve our services. Cheers, Mel

Nanango

• 1 review

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Fantastic!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

We first signed up for NBN fixed wireless 25/5 with Boom Broadband as our provider early last year and straight away had terrible download speed. We contacted Boom immediately, but had to put up with it for nearly 2 months until the problem was corrected. Then early this year we upgraded to 50/20 and ended up with worse download speeds than on the 25/5 plan. We contacted Boom a number of times, did speed tests only to be told by NBN (according to Boom) that it was the nature of fixed wireless and our tower was only capable of 38 mbps download so nothing could be done to help us. Over time the download speed got much worse, 4, 5, 6, mbps. Just when we were about to phone Aussie Broadband to change over to them, we received an email from Boom to say they'd sold to Activ8me and they had taken over our account. The download speed dropped to 1.8 mpbs. After contacting Activ8me and told to do speed tests once again, we'd had enough and phoned Aussie Broadband. The person we spoke to was wonderful. She said to try one month connected to Aussie Broadband as a trial and see if our download speed improved. We signed up for 50 gigs a month on 25/5 and were connected within a couple of hours and did a speed test straight away - 23mbps download! Couldn't believe it! Kept checking and kept getting great results. We cancelled Activ8me the following day and upgraded our plan with Aussie Broadband to Unlimited 25/5. After a couple of months the download speeds are still great. We never had a problem with upload speeds at any time with the three providers, it's always been a download problem. With Boom and Activ8me we could never watch a movie on Fetch TV because there was always buffering and freezes, it was agony. With Aussie Broadband we have no problems watching them at all. Wish we'd signed up with Aussie Broadband at the beginning. Their customer service is excellent and they recently sent an email letting us know NBN was going to be working on the tower and we might experience an outage. Can't recommend Aussie Broadband highly enough. They are fantastic!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Wonderful to hear! We're so happy to have you on board with us. Thanks for the review. If you see anything that we can improve, please let me know. Cheers, Mel

Port Melbourne, VIC

• 21 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 28 helpful votes

DROPOUTS AND KEEP PAYING FOR A TERRIBLE SERVICE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 10, 2018

Signed up with Aussie Broadband as I run a small business which is reliant on NBN. Constant apologies but there are dropouts or no internet at all. Ongoing issue with no resolution. Told to install a new phone line but had no dropouts with Telstra so how is that going to assist me? They troubleshoot with people who is disinterested in their job and work off a checklist. This is unsatisfactory.

Keep asking for the monthly payment for a service which is unsatisfactory.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi, I'd love to follow this up with you to see if we can get it resolved more satisfactorily. Unfortunately, the checklist is an nbn mandate. Since they send out the technicians, we check off a set... read more »

Mel I have had an Aussie Broadband staff member read through a checklist to ascertain the issue and she was not the least bit interested. Undertaking tests after tests and still no resolution but ... read more »

Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

As I said, I'd love to help you but I cannot do so unless you respond to my message so I can investigate if that's what you would like, but so far you've refused to let me assist. I'm really sorry ... read more »

Adelaide

Excellent in EVERYWAY

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

there isn’t much to say except...
EXCELLENT
OUTSTANDING
the product is exactly what they say it is.
I was surprise that when I initially went to order there was a short wait if a few weeks. The reason being - they don’t want to contest by over subscribing users.
Wow
An actual customer focused company.
It goes beyond the simple sale and setup in which I was up and running in 15 minutes. Yep 15 minutes.
Then any service call has been resolved with a friendly service tech. Although I have only had a couple which weren’t Aussies fault haha
They communicate to the community.
Everything truly is EXCELLENT

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks Macca. We're so glad that you're happy with our service and were able to get it up and running in 15 minutes once our stopsell had lifted. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Dani

Sellicks Hill, South Australia, Australia

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Extremely happy with Aussie!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2018

After experiencing slow speeds and poor customer service with Internode we decided to change provider. 15 minutes later we were up and running with Aussie and couldn't be happier. Fast, stable and friendly, helpful support staff. Just brilliant.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

That's awesome, thanks for the review! We're happy that switching over was a painless process. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers. Dani

Connection Type: ISP Cable

Great service fast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

service and speed has been excellent I would recommend this provider .I have had a positive experience with this company.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Wonderful to hear, Marg. Thanks so much for the review. We hope that you have a fantastic week! Cheers, Dani

Melbourne

• 1 question
  • 1 answer

Aussie Broadband

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

Fantastic company. Never problem.Connection speed test done many times, download 96.7Mb, upload 37.7Mb done by speedtest.net
Downloading speed 9.3Mb, so one minute one movie.
Try it. You will not be disappointed.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Awesome feedback, Patrol, thanks for your review! We're happy that you're enjoying our fast speeds. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Dani

Perth

• 11 helpful votes

Nice and stable!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

A very good and reliable service. No hesitation in recommending to others. Stable connection, and no overseas call centers !!

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Lucas, thanks so much for your feedback. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Dani

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Couldnt fault it one bit

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 08, 2018

No dropouts at all, we have great connection and download speeds, very easy to organise and talk to on the phone. Would recommend 100%

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks so much for your review. We're happy to have you on board and that your service has been solid. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Dani

Newcastle

Verified Customer Connection Type: 3G/4G Mobile Broadband

I want my next job to be working at Aussie Broadband!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Have two mobile plans which are off contract and byo. Mobile service is indistinguishable from the service I had with Telstra for 15 years. Extremely competitive pricing. But my favourite point is that this is not a stock market listed company, so they don't need to hire overseas call staff to save money. Each time I call the Australian staff member is knowledgeable and solves the problem. Their sign up, documentation, setup procedures are slick and fast. Will move my other connections to them when their contracts expire.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks so much for the feedback, Stew, we greatly appreciate it. We're happy that you're enjoying our service and our support team. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Mel

Cairns

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Unbeatable service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Everyone other ISP told me I couldn't go faster than 100/50 on the FTTP connection I paid to upgrade to through the governments technology choice program. Expensive as it may have been, it was worse to be told it was pointless and even told that 100/50 is plenty you don't need more than that.

Aussie Broadband gives people like me the option no one else did. It's an expensive connection, yes. But its also ridiculously fast. I'm talking, I have seen it peak at 29.9MB/s fast.

What's more, when you call, average wait time I have ever had has been roughly 3/5minutes tops. When your call is answered, it's an Australian, in Australia, knows the technology you are talking about (I have had to explain it before multiple times to other ISP's who had no idea what I was talking about).

The benefit of this of course is that you don't get stressed if there is a issue with the connection (the dreaded anxiety of thinking about the 30minute wait time only to talk to someone you can barely understand), that said in the 3 months I've been with them I haven't had to call to complain - literally have spent longer than that throughout the year with my old ISP without a connection.

I will update my review in the future if anything changes, so far so good. Definitely recommend Aussie Broadband.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Welcome to Aussie BB, it's great to have you on board with us. Thanks so much for the review, Chayn46, we really appreciate it. And definitely let us know if you see anything we can improve, as we'... read more »

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Staff are very friendly and the NBN service is good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

So far, the internet connection with ABB, my area and BYO modem/router is good. My previous provider let me down when the company changed owners and I'm very happy I made the switch to ABB at this stage.

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Hi Jules, thanks so much for the review, we're very happy to have you on board. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Danielle

Mollymook Beach

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Connected via fttn in a few hours!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2018

Having been with Mungi, I lost service...thought I should go with the major player to be safe (T...a) What a mistake, I applied via the net and 5 days later they (T.....a) had no idea I even had an order!!!! Would have been locked in to a 2 yr contract!

Called Aussie Broadband and could not be happier, they had me connected that same night! Yes within 4 hours!
Aussie Broadband follow up has been excellent and they provided help to ex Mungi customers, much appreciated.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aussie Broadband Pty Ltd Official

Thanks Dennis, we really appreciate the review and we're happy to have you on board. We've been working hard to try to accommodate as many ex-Mungi customers as we can. If you see anything that we can improve, please let us know. Cheers, Danielle

1 of 79 pages

Hi. I am wondering if I sign up to your nbn and phone bundle if caller display and message bank are included in the cost. I spoke to a lady on customer service and she said yes but on your website it says they are $6 for each service.

doonaegg asked on Nov 26, 2018

Answer this

Hi, there is no cost for message bank and caller display on a nbn VoIP home phone. Those fees apply to fixed line services, which we no longer sell to new customers. The difference between the two is most nbn connections now require the phone to be used over the internet (plugged into the router) and not on an actual phone line into the home.

Are Aussie Broadband modems suitable for a large house (5bdr)? Are they any good, or is it better finding one separately for FTTN?

Dave M asked on Nov 16, 2018

Answer this

The wireless connectionwith the new modem/router does not seem to be quite as good as the d-link one we were using before the change to nbn when I am using my ipad. However, it is located in a different place because of where the 'phone base station is. The speed through the modem using a cable is about twice as fast on now. Not sure about the wireless speed, but using my new mac computer wirelessly, everything quick. As it so happens the d-link should work with nbn, but there is no 'phone output. At some point I might try moving the new one to the old position, to see if this makes any difference. If it does, then just use the new one for the phone.

The NF18ACV's are great for small to medium houses. Large houses and houses with thick cement walls may require an extra feature like a WiFi extender. We have WiFi interference in the furthest bedroom in our house, so we have the Netcomm set up in bridged mode and have connected the Google router with the three points to create a strong WiFi net. It now works beautifully. This is just my personal setup, but if you live in a very built up area, or have a large house, the Aussie modem and then an additional router may be the way to go. I'm afraid I have not personally tested other modem routers to compare. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to email or even call our customer service team. Cheers, Mel.

Can you guys credit my exit fees with my current provider? I am still in contract with my current provider and looking at the reviews I am tempted to join up with Aussie Broadband.

James c asked on Nov 01, 2018

Answer this

I won’t speak on behalf of Aussie Broadband, but I’m fairly sure they aren’t able to absorb your exit fees with the current provider. They wouldn’t want to make a loss from a customer right off the bat! One thing Aussie BB do is offer you $50 credit for every friend you refer. So, you could make back the exiting fees by convincing your friends to switch too. ;)

No, unfortunately, we do not. Sorry about that, but we look forward to having you onboard one day soon. Cheers!

See all 70 questions about Aussie Broadband