Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2018

Great service and able to answer every question

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

We had a great time building our first home with aussie living. As a first home buyer we had many questions and we never had a question they couldn't answer. We were kept up to date with email updates and several onsite meetings. Which we loved. Every person we dealt with at aussie living was great. From James at the display home, through to Dennika at our prestart and Natalie with our weekly updates and handover. Also David our site supervisor was awesome keeping everything on time.They always helped us with our weird and unknowing questions and would recommend them to anyone looking to build a new home.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hey Ryan! Thanks for taking the time to write an amazing review! Congratulations on building your first home. We are so glad we got to be part of such a huge milestone and could answer all of your ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Fantastic experience! Great service from start to finish!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

Exceptional experience from the first phone call to the sales rep to the key handover. Not once did I feel intimidated or undermined. We made a number of changes to they layout of our house before prestart and have had no issues with the changes. Every query I have made during the construction was answered quickly and accurately. I cannot wait to move into our new beautiful house. Very very happy.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Wow Glen, what an amazing review! Thank you so much and a huge congratulations on building your new home. Your home building journey is YOURS and we are glad you felt this way too. We wish you many happy years to come in your new home!

Dream come true

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

First impressions of the team at Aussie Living were amazing! Super professional and helpful when it comes to every aspect of building a home. Being our first home we had no idea where to start, but with Aussie is was care free and a great process. The house quality, range of choices for absolutely everything and huge selection of house designs that were available allowed us to build an amazing first home and we couldn’t be happier with the final product!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Nae and Gaz! thanks for an amazing review! We are so glad to hear that we could help you through the journey of building of your first home! It's our goal to help first time home builders navigate ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2018

Prefer first home, so easy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Aussie loving homes made building our first home so easy, the staff are really friendly and informative they kept us up to date every step of the way. The quality of our home is sensational better than we expected, if we noticed anything that was not what we had expected it to be the supervisor was right on to it and was fixed ASAP. We had a great experience building with Aussie I would defiantly recommend them to others. The final cost for our home was cheaper than we expected it to be.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thanks Kaylee for your awesome feedback! We loved watching your first home come to life with you and are so happy to hear you enjoyed your journey with us! We hope you enjoy many great years to com... read more »

Hassle Free Building

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2018

Aussie Living Homes made our home ownership a breeze. Michael from the start has been very helpful and guided us through the process actively. The construction stage was faster than we expected despite having to build during winter and David, the site supervisor made a good job with the build without compromising quality. Belinda, our Client Liason never failed to update us weekly about every progress during construction and was pleasant with the way she communicated. All in all, we are happy with our build with Aussie Living and would gladly recommend them to everyone who are planning to build.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Congratulations on achieving such a huge milestone Peter! We are so happy to hear that we could help you on your journey and that you love your new home! Your kind words will be passed on to the te... read more »

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2018

What a great experience we had with Aussie living!
We got exactly what we asked for in less than the estimated time frame!
Scott, David and Natalie were very professional, friendly and very responsive. Great to deal with!
Great finishing to the whole house, every detail in the house i well done.
If u’re building a new house, then Aussie living is the company to contact!
Highly recommend.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Nadine! Thanks for your lovely review! We are so glad you enjoyed building your new home with us and that it was completed before the estimated time :D Your great feedback will be passed on to ... read more »

Overall a good build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

From the start my sales consultant was amazing, she was very knowledgeable, there were virtually no hiccups during the design & prestart stages. The build started pretty quickly & seemed to progress fast, minimal issues all solved pretty quickly. Everything was over-budgeted to ensure I didn't have any surprise costs so that was great, I got to see the place quite often & enjoyed watching it all come together. Anything I asked questions about during the process was answered helpfully. Completion was over a month earlier than planned so that was great.

While painting & moving in however I realized that my fast build was not as awesome as I thought. There are gaps where my windows meet the bricks & around light switches/power points that I needed to fill, chunks of extra plaster in several places, a ridiculous amount of dirt splashes/dirty hand prints, dirty footprints all over the floors. There was sticky stuff on the glass door frames, splashes of plaster/paint on my glass windows & on blinds. I was told to note all this down at the 6 month inspection - but I don't particularly want to live in a house with holes for bugs to get in & chunks of plaster & dirt everywhere for 6 months, so was forced to rectify it myself.

My fridge recess isn't straight (Theres 1.1cm difference from the top to the bottom - apparently this is an acceptable variation?! The fridge barely fit)
The communication was a bit stilted once I got the keys & the site supervisor got quite rude when trying to organise my hot water unit installation (not done until move-in date due to the original one being stolen) due to some miscommunication which resulted in it not being finished until 3 days later. There was a plumbing issue in the kitchen that was dealt with promptly.

The build itself was great, the tradesmen doing the final touches not so great. Overall I am happy, just disappointing that the tradesmen didn't take the time to do things to the standard I was promised.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Amanda! Thank you for your review. It's great to hear that your consultant was amazing and you enjoyed seeing your new home come to life. I believe your Client Liaison has been in touch regardin... read more »

Dream to reality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2018

Aussie Living have been great to work with. Zane was so helpful right from the word go and helped me put my dream onto paper and make it a reality. Belinda kept me posted the entire build and updated me with weekly pictures and information on my build. The final product was absolutely incredible and I could not be happy to see my home come to life!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Woohoo! turning dreams into reality! Congratulations on building your dream home with us Cam. Your awesome feedback will be passed on to the team. We are stoked to hear you had a great experience ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Great build process, very quick!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 08, 2018

Our build was managed very well, we were slightly delayed by winter weather however the supervisor ensured us that he would catch us up which he did. We finalised 4 weeks before our estimated completion date. We had very little to fix/ammend upon our final inspection. Everything was finished to a great standard and exactly how we asked. We were amazingly happy with the whole process of our build.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thanks Danni for a lovely review! 4 weeks before estimated completion would have been awesome for you guys! We are glad we could help make it happen! Congratulations again and enjoy every moment in you brand new home :D

Great service and build

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2018

Aussie living have been great in helping and guide me through this experience. Kirk was very helpful at the start and he guided me down the right pathway and helped me create my first home. The construction process was hassle free with Simon being very thorough throughout every meeting. I appreciated the weekly updates and wasn’t disappointed at practical completion. Highly recommend Aussie Living for anyone wanting to build.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Congratulations Emmy on your new home! It's so good to know that we could help guide you through your building journey! Thank you for your lovely feedback, I'll be sure to pass it on to Kirk, Simon... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Super easy first home buying experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

From the start the people at Aussie Living weren't pushy and super helpful. Made everything very easy to digest for a bloke that isnt too privy to housing anf banking terminology.
Quality of the property is great so far and the supervisor has notified me of ways to get in contact with the repairs department the moment I notice a problem or discrepancy. House was built very quickly, was finished a month sooner than expected!
Experienced absolutely ZERO hold ups or problems admin or building wise which was a very pleasant surprise.
Would recommend to anyone looking to build their first home, or any home for that matter!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Jack, what an awesome review to see on a Monday morning! The best thing to hear is that we helped make everything easy to understand because building your first home is a big deal and we want to ma... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Wonderful home, great first home buying experience from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

My experience with Aussie Living was excellent from start to finish, during initial consultations Zane went out of his way to accommodate my schedule. At no point did I feel pressured and the team put in a lot of hard work in the initial stages to help me get there. I was able to make changes to the plans with no issues to get a home that suited my way of life and tastes.

Prestart with Dennika was fantastic, she was supportive, gave me some great advice and was patient with me and my constant change of mind over the process!

My client liaison Belinda was great and provided regular updates, answered my 100's of questions quickly and was always friendly and helpful!

The build process was very fast from Pad down in Dec-17 to key handover early Apr-18. I was really dreading the experience (had read so many horror stories) but the process was smooth and issue free. My home is great and looks even better than I had expected. One small issue with the garage door when I first moved in was fixed promptly (within a day of contact with Aussie) and Belinda followed up and kept in touch until the issue was fixed.

I've been in the house for 6 months now and could not recommend the Aussie team highly enough!!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Wow, thanks for your lovely feedback Sarah! Your home is a big deal so I'm glad you felt so at ease when making choices throughout your journey. I will pass your feedback on to each team member! Co... read more »

Awesome can’t be faulted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Everything went smoother than expected everyone one we had contact with was friendly professional and was more than helpful in every stage.
All our costs came in under which was also a big bonus for us.
I would absolutely recommend building with you guys to friends and family.
And a very big thankyou for everything to everyone.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

What awesome feedback to read on a Monday morning, thank you! We are so glad to hear you had such a great experience while building your home! Congratulations again guys :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Perfect home and helpful with my first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Aussie living were amazing in helping through what the estimate for the building my first home. They final cost was under the estimated amount which was great.
The whole process was easy because Aussie living homes was very help and just a phone call away.
From the pre start with Ivy to final completion with Belinda and Phill I couldn’t more happy with Aussie living homes

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Congratulations Mbita on building your first home! Your lovely feedback for the team will definitely be passed on. We are so glad you had a great home building experience with us and we wish you many great years in your home!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our first home building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

The build process through Aussie was very smooth and flowed well from initial sign up through to pre start, construction and then sign off. Any queries or questions we had were rectified immediately. The communication through out the entire process was great with weekly updates and photos. Any questions we had were responded to straight away. The quality of the build is great , the workmanship was great, the site was clean through out entire construction process. We strongly recommend Aussie as your first home builder.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Congratulations on building a new home Luke! We are stoked to hear you had such a great experience throughout your build. Communication is key right? and I'm glad we met your expectations. We hope ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Our new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Aussie Living Homes were great from the start - from our original consultation with Chris, prestart with Dennika, through to the build with site supervisor Dave, and client liaison Natalie - everyone was willing to help and answer any questions, which made a great difference! Excellent communication throughout the whole process as well, whether it was just a follow-up email with new designs/ideas during consultation, or weekly photos during the build.
The whole process has been fantastic, and our house was built very quickly but without compromising on quality which is great.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Aussie Living Homes to anyone looking to build a lovely home!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Katrina! Congratulations on building your new Aussie Living Home! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with the team and we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely rev... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

My first home made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

From beginning to end the process was made easy. Scott Townsend went above and beyond to help me secure my land, loans and went through everything in fine detail. Then when it was handed over to the girls they EXCEEDED my expectations. Ivy Capelas and Belinda Burgess could not do enough to help, even once my build was complete Belinda has checked regularly with me to see how things are going. The way they approach their jobs is second to none i feel i have walked away with friends and i wasnt just another client. If i was to build again i have no doubt in my mind i would build with them again, and recommend them to everybody.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Andrew! Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review of the team at Aussie Living Homes. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience so much and that you walked away not... read more »

My new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Working with Aussie living homes was great and they offered nice display homes and building designs to go through as a first home builder. Home was well managed with good communication back and forward. Property was made to a great standard and any issues resolved when needed. Cost didn’t exceed too much further than what was estimated. Would highly recommend.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Good morning Paulie! Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed building your first home with us and were kept well informed throughout the process. Congratulations on you n... read more »

Great company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Aussie Living Homes was great to deal with from start to finish. I had no clue what i was doing or if i wanted to build my first home. I was contacted by Kirk who explained and made sure i understood everything and catered to my needs. The finance and planning process was smooth and easy and i was kept up to date the whole time.

The house was built in 86 days to a high quality and i was updated every week with photos of the progress. If i had any questions they were answered accurately and timely.

Would definately build with Aussie Living again.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi James! What a lovely review, thank you! There is nothing better than hearing that we helped guide you through the unknown of building and financing a home! We are so glad you had a great experie... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Dream home built with a great builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

So happy we chose Aussie living as our builder for our first home it has been an amazing experience. It’s been great being able to have such helpful staff from start to finish and being able to be so involved in the build. The team at Aussie have gone above and beyond to help us every step of the way. Thank you heaps Shane, Dave, Ivy, Natalie and to all the trades and people involved

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Good morning Jayde! Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review! We loved working with you guys too and are so glad you had such a great building experience from start to finish! We wish... read more »

1 of 7 pages

Hi, just wondering. When you order some materials like for example roofing materials, do you supposed to know when it will be delivered on-site? And what’s the standard time frame for you to start the job to install that materials? Thank you

Bebeth asked on Oct 05, 2018

Answer this

Hi Babeth! I believe we have been in contact recently regarding your roofing materials. Your Client Liaison will keep you regularly updated with all the information about time frames for delivery and installation. Each home is unique and so the time varies but you will always be kept informed if there are any delays. I hope this helps Babeth but please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions. 9241 4911

Can anyone suggest how long they do take to start building after shire approval. I am aware of some other builders who do start works in 2-3 weeks from shire approval. I am building with Aussie living, more than 1 month already gone from shire approval date. Initially they say its around month. Now they say its another month. when I ask why so late they say they have million things to do. I am not sure how many millions thing one need to do to start building. obviously I feel its rude response. Probably its not appropriate response to any client you work for. Now I am struggling to trust what they say. Can any one have experience with them in this regard.

Durga asked on Feb 15, 2014

Hi durga ,
It took about 3 months after approval , I was very happy with the pace way they proceeded from there on ... I dont know how much it will cost but if its your new home I would recommend a independent building inspector .
Well you must get used to the rude responses and blatant lies . Everything said the quality of the building is the hands of the site supervisor . The office staffs are mere puppets .
Make sure you do include the soakwells in the contract . I wasnot happy with the way they did the drainage or the provisions that they were supposed to do as per contract .

Take photos of something you are in doubt of ,while the construction is happening , so that you some evidence to talk to the office . You will not get a chance to have a direct communication with site supervisor.

Cheers hope this helps

To be honest I think it depends entirely on the individual members that u deal with. We had the opposite experience of the poster above. Our build was super fast, our building supervisor had a few meetings with us and was available anytime we had questions. Weekly emails outlining exactly what was going to happen. 25wk build from site works - key handover. And our building supervisor even popped over 2wks after we were in to make sure everything was ok. Everybody we dealt with were great, no negative experiences at all. In comparison to other people in our estate who built with other builders, we are the lucky ones living in our home while they are still waiting

How long does it take for pad down after settlement?? we have waited over a month and a half after settlement already, and were just told that it may take another two months, thus being almost three and a half months until anything happens.. We had been patiently waiting as it was for the title of our property which took a year already (which is not aussie livings fault) but I just don't understand why on earth it is taking so long?! feels like we have been waiting an eternity and we didnt even get an estimated date on when the pad will go down till I asked 50x, then when I asked them why it will take so long I got no response.... what do I do to get it rolling a tad faster????

bmth asked on Jan 23, 2014

Hi bmth,

I will give an indication of the steps in an approval process;

1. Final construction plans (structural variations are finalized).
2. Obtain Engineers Structural Certification of plans.
3. Obtain Energy Efficiency Compliance.
4. Obtain Home Indemnity Insurance
5. Obtain Developers Design Guideline approval.
6. Obtain Certified Design Compliance.
7. Obtain MRA approval (if required).
8. Obtain Town Planning approval (if required).
9. Obtain Building Licence approval.
10. Obtain Water Authority approval.

Occasionally this process can't begin until settlement has occurred. I know that I haven't given a firm answer to your question (I only have 1000 characters) but if Settlement is the last approval then you would generally be onsite fairly soon but if it is the first approval then you could be 2 to 4 months away.

Please call me on 9241 4911 to discuss your specific home.

Regards,
Anthony Oldershaw
Brand Manager

It took over 7 months from our settlement to our slab down. Then over a month for the brick work to start. They have been onsite for 5 weeks now and still our walls are not even half way done. I hope you won't have to wait as long as we have at it has been very stressful on our young family.

We waited roughly 5 months till construction, now the ball is thankfully rolling, we have the walls up and we are waiting for roof timbers. Hopefully it will go faster for you :)