Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Love our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I have recently built with Aussie living. I was amazed at how quickly and efficiently our home was built. The staff were highly informative and attentive. I always felt supported at each stage of building, especially with the amount of questions I had as a first home owner! Our house is spacious and well though out. It was better than I imagined it to be! Highly recommend building with Aussie Living.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Elisha! Thank you for such an amazing review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first home building process with us and so happy you love your brand new home! We would love to see some fin... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Amazing from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Everything exceeded our expectations from start to end.
After a bad start with another builder (that tried to rip us off), we consulted Aussie Living for advice and see what they can offer. Geoff was excellent with his service. We could tell that he was genuine in helping us (not just for the sale) and assist us in our first home. He was very patient and listened to us and came up with the perfect design and modifications. Ivy, who was our prestart lady was just as good. She was very knowledgeable and knew her colours and style really well. It took us shorter than expected to choose our materials for the house, thanks to her. Then came along the Senior Client Liason - Belinda, who was an absolute pleasure to work with! She kept us in the loop with what was going on, answered to my emails and queries asap, etc. We were so lucky to have her. Phil was our site supervisor - he lived up to the expectations that Aussie Living had set up.
Everything about the build - the quality of the material, kitchen appliances, workmanship are top notch. We had no major issues at our final practical inspection.
Building our first home with Aussie Living has been such a pleasurable and wonderful journey. Everyone from the start to the end, and the end product exceeded our expectations. Thank you guys :)

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Haida, Congratulations on building your new home! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience and you enjoyed working with the team to achieve your perfect style. We appreciate you ta... read more »

Great Service and Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

I thought I would not be able to own my own home but Aussie was willing to help me. Aussie was great right from the start of building my first home from Micheal getting the ball rolling to Dennika at pre start. All the way with Nataile and Phil and his team managing the construction of my home. Could not of asked for more from the team at Aussie Living Perth. Great support and service. I would highly recommend Aussie Living. - Tash

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Tash. It's fantastic to hear about your experience with Aussie Living Homes. We take pride in the service, support and guidance we provide to first home buyers and we are very happy to hear that... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Awesome Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Absolute pleasure dealing with Aussie Living Homes. From Guy the sales rep to Ashleigh in prestart to Belinda our building liaison to Simon our site supervisor - everything went smoothly. Always felt like I was their only client. Nothing was too big or too small. Explained everything in detail and sometimes more than once. Highly recommend this company and their staff.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Anthea. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recommendation. We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable journey with us and that all your expectations were met. ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great product, great experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Exceedingly well managed and efficient. All the staff made the process easy, from the initial design stage to collection of the keys. My sales consultant Michael was attentive to my questions let the product speak for itself. My site supervisor, Simon, took initiative and solved problems as they arose - often before I even became aware of them, and kept the build running to complete the property in under 27 weeks. My Liason Natalie was open and approachable, all which made things easier.
And this was standard practice for them. When I needed things to happen on a very tight timeline near the end of the build, the entire team stepped up and got the Job done.
The final product reflects the effort and care that the builder puts in on every level.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Luke. Thanks for such a glowing review. It's great to hear that you had a hassle free and fun building journey with us, that's our aim. Customer service is of utmost importance to us and we're p... read more »

Brabham

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

No Stress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

From start to finish everyone we have had contact with at Aussie Living Homes has been 100% helpful, knowledgeable and responsive. We signed our first contract in February and were reassured that we would be in our new home by the time our rental lease was up in early December and we were! Once building had started, we had weekly updates which was great to see how the construction was coming along. The whole team on site and in the office have out done themselves to get our house built within 5 months and we have had no major issues and the tiny issues we have had have been quickly fixed. We would most definitely recommend them to anyone who are looking to build a house.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thanks for your fantastic feedback and recommendation Be3. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it's great to hear that you had a fun and stress free journey building your new home. We wi... read more »

A dream come true

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

To have a place you call it Home is not quite easy. After 4 years of migrating here in Perth Me and my wife decided to have our home.We take advantage of the market and also the amount of money from FHBG is also one of the consideration. We spend 3 months to decide which builder we going to build with. We compare more than 5 builders and we receive competitive offers and packages. At the end honesty is the best policy and a good impression. We ask all the builders to put everything they offer ,no hidden charges and fees, cost etc. and Aussie Living Homes excel in this category. With very helpful and approachable agent name Mick, we have a smooth transaction with the builders.
The bulding stages was great and fast with of course a well guided by a very experience construction supervisor ROY ( been in contruction indutry from different continent of the world).

I did not expect that it will be finish before Christmas.Because of a very effective and efficient system they employ, We have the best Christmas gift we received so far in our life. A Merry Christmas indeed! Thank you Aussie Living for helping Us achieving 'The place that we call HOME'

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Judah. How amazing! Thanks for your feedback. We're so pleased to hear that you now have a place to call home and your own :) And we're so happy to hear that we were able to help you achieve thi... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2016

How many maintenance requests i have to raise?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2017

Worst tradesmanship, poor quality.
So far i raised 4 maintenance requests.
Wasted my 30 years home dream.

1.Cracks on the square bulk head.
2. Insulations missing in all rooms except laundry and garage a some third party company will come and fill the gaps after 2 months due to xmas.
3. Cracks appreared first and big chunk fell off on the either sides of the garage door wall.
4.gutters not fitted properly if rains the rain water wont pass through gutter pipes.
5. Front door lock not fitted properly reported back beginning of the year , still not fitted.
5. Floor tiles not laid properly.

Heaps of issues, my life time regret for building with this Aussie living. I wont recommend any one in my life time.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Vikram. Thanks for your feedback. Our Service Department has received your request for maintenance and agree that there are some narrow sections of insulation that require re-installation. You w... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

Right from the start of the process from sales, prestart interview, every stages of construction, practical completion and hand over, went well. During the building process every stage was completed on the expected time frame. All the designated person done their job as what is expected. Our questions and concerns are being addressed professionally and in a timely manner. Over all everyone did their part on their job.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thanks for your feedback Ethel. We take pride in our customer service and the quality of homes we build so it's really great to hear that your building journey with us went well and that you are pl... read more »

Perfect 10/10

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I am unsure on where to start as everything has been perfect since day dot with Aussie Living Homes. From the first initial meeting with Scott to the final hand over with Belinda and everything in between. My partner and I were overwhelmed from the beginning as we are first home buyers and unsure how it all works. Since walking into that office for the first time the vibe and atmosphere was amazing, went into other builders and wasn't happy with their vibe and the layout of their offices. The team at Aussie Living has been phenomenal and cant fault them whatsoever. They had made our process so easy and had exceptional customer service. I was always kept informed from Ashleigh and Belinda. Simon our site supervisor was very thorough when it came to inspections. If I were to build again I would definitely go through Aussie Living Homes.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Caitlyn. Thanks for such a glowing review. We're so pleased that we made your building journey a great experience and we appreciate the recommendation. I will make sure that your feedback is cir... read more »

• 3 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Flawless build from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

From the time we met our rep to key handover and after we have had a pleasant and happy experience with Aussie Living
The finance was handed perfectly as we had a difficult situation but our rep saw us through his with ease
The build went without fault and Aussie Living kept in touch EVERY week with calls and/or emails of progress
Meetings with our build supervisor all went smoothly and he was prompt to attend our concerns both during and after
The after service and support has also been impeccable ! Your not just moved in and forgotten, Aussie continue to address our concerns weeks after moving making sure that building our very first home which can be stressful was one of the most exciting times of our lives

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Vicki. Thank you for taking the time to write a review as your feedback is invaluable to us. It's absolutely amazing to hear that your first home build was stress free and exciting. That's exact... read more »

A Home I can call mine

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 01, 2017

I found all of the above to be very good. At all times I was kept informed about build processes and the finished product is exactly what I expected.
Customer service I found to bevery good also. I was impressed with photos I received during the build and also the flexibility given to me for appropriate meeting times helped me greatly.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Rebecca. Thanks for your fantastic review, we appreciate it. It was our pleasure building your home and we wish you all the best.

Kind Regards,
Aussie Living Homes Online Team

A beautiful home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

Building with Aussie Living was a great choice. From the get go the Aussie Living team conducted their work professionally and enthusiastically. Their dedication to quality and service left a lasting impression. The planning process was smooth and easily managed, the construction process was Swift and hassle free. Overall a great business to build with, with an phasis on A+ customer service. We'll be recommending Aussie Living to friends and family.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thanks for such a glowing review Alec. It's our aim to ensure that our customers experience an exciting and hassle free building journey and are provided with excellent customer service that they d... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

Building a home with ease!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 14, 2017

From the sales staff to the site supervisor and everyone in between we received an exceptional experience!

The home is exactly what we wanted and with it being our first home build, Aussie living helped us go from building a standard house to a beautiful home.

Every step of the process was explained to us at the start and we were introduced to a new team memeber at every stage. Every staff member gave us their full input to our home and invested their time into us.

we can not thank the team at Osborne park, Perth enough for their exceptional service!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Hannah. Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We appreciate your feedback and love making our clients' dreams come true. We pride ourselves on the service we provide, ... read more »

Awesome final product

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 11, 2017

I had an amazing experience building with Aussie Living homes. Everything moved so quickly and smoothly, any problems or queries that I had was quickly answered and acted on.

I highly recomend using Aussie Living homes and would defiantly use them again to build my next home.

Just wanted to say thank you to everybody that was involved in the building of the home.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Matt. It's fantastic to hear that you had an amazing experience with us and thank you for the recommendation. It was our pleasure building your brand new home and we'll be more than happy to ass... read more »

Great service. Efficient builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 09, 2017

We dealt with Aussie living in Perth. The Builder was always helpful and straightforward. They didn't try to hide mistakes and were always honest in the build process. After finalising paperwork, our home was constructed in 5 months. I initially was sceptical about this but was put at ease as only small cosmetic features needed to be fixed. A+ service. Enjoyable service all round. Great consultants and supervisors. Always ready to help and give support

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thanks for your fantastic feedback Jimmy. A+ service is what we aim for and we're so pleased that you're happy with your brand new home and your building journey with us. We wish you all the best!

Kind Regards,
Aussie Living Homes Online Team.

Wonderful Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

I have had the most wonderful experience with Aussie Living Homes
From day one the support and help I had was fantastic,
I highly recommend Aussie Living Homes to build with.
The quality of my home is five stars, the building time was extremely quick I was so surprised how everyday something happened on my house, even on the rainy days. Thank again Aussie you have made my building experience one of the best experiences of my life!
Thank you Aussie Team..

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Wow, thanks for such a glowing review Ryan. We're so glad that you love your new home and that you had a wonderful experience on your building journey with us. Thank you for your recommendation and... read more »

exciting house

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2017

We pretty much happy with our builder who is Aussie Living. Their performance in building & through out the construction was to us a succesful since they are always behind us to keep up to date while building. Aussie Living more power to you. I can definitely recomend to our friends the buider & proud of. Cheers to Aussie Living
Thanks heaps.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Amiel. Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review. It's fantastic to read about how happy you are and we are so pleased to have helped you on your journey towards home ownership. We take... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Awesome home, just what we wanted!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 14, 2017

Our home was built to a very high standard, the office staff at Aussie living homes were always quick and reliable when getting back to us about certain things to do with the home and the build.
Our site supervisor was very helpful and made our visits a easy process. Was willing to help out when we required. Awesome experience.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Jay. Thanks for your fantastic review. We pride ourselves on the service we provide to our customers and it's absolutely amazing to hear that you had an awesome experience building your first ho... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2017

Fantastic experience for our first home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2017

Aussie living homes have been fantastic from The beginning with Michael Osorio our sales consultant. He helped with every little question we had and never made us feel pressured into the build, would recommend him for anyone wanting to build! The administration team have always kept in close contact and have been so friendly! Our builders have done a fantastic job and our building supervisor Phil has always been honest and upfront we definitely appreciate everything the Aussie living team has done to make this experience an easy transition from renting to becoming a home owner.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thank you for such great feedback Madison. We are so happy to hear that we were able to help you get out of renting and into your own home as well as make the process easy and enjoyable for you. I ... read more »

1 of 6 pages

Can anyone suggest how long they do take to start building after shire approval. I am aware of some other builders who do start works in 2-3 weeks from shire approval. I am building with Aussie living, more than 1 month already gone from shire approval date. Initially they say its around month. Now they say its another month. when I ask why so late they say they have million things to do. I am not sure how many millions thing one need to do to start building. obviously I feel its rude response. Probably its not appropriate response to any client you work for. Now I am struggling to trust what they say. Can any one have experience with them in this regard.

Durga asked on Feb 15, 2014

Answer this

Hi durga ,
It took about 3 months after approval , I was very happy with the pace way they proceeded from there on ... I dont know how much it will cost but if its your new home I would recommend a independent building inspector .
Well you must get used to the rude responses and blatant lies . Everything said the quality of the building is the hands of the site supervisor . The office staffs are mere puppets .
Make sure you do include the soakwells in the contract . I wasnot happy with the way they did the drainage or the provisions that they were supposed to do as per contract .

Take photos of something you are in doubt of ,while the construction is happening , so that you some evidence to talk to the office . You will not get a chance to have a direct communication with site supervisor.

Cheers hope this helps

To be honest I think it depends entirely on the individual members that u deal with. We had the opposite experience of the poster above. Our build was super fast, our building supervisor had a few meetings with us and was available anytime we had questions. Weekly emails outlining exactly what was going to happen. 25wk build from site works - key handover. And our building supervisor even popped over 2wks after we were in to make sure everything was ok. Everybody we dealt with were great, no negative experiences at all. In comparison to other people in our estate who built with other builders, we are the lucky ones living in our home while they are still waiting

How long does it take for pad down after settlement?? we have waited over a month and a half after settlement already, and were just told that it may take another two months, thus being almost three and a half months until anything happens.. We had been patiently waiting as it was for the title of our property which took a year already (which is not aussie livings fault) but I just don't understand why on earth it is taking so long?! feels like we have been waiting an eternity and we didnt even get an estimated date on when the pad will go down till I asked 50x, then when I asked them why it will take so long I got no response.... what do I do to get it rolling a tad faster????

bmth asked on Jan 23, 2014

Answer this

Hi bmth,

I will give an indication of the steps in an approval process;

1. Final construction plans (structural variations are finalized).
2. Obtain Engineers Structural Certification of plans.
3. Obtain Energy Efficiency Compliance.
4. Obtain Home Indemnity Insurance
5. Obtain Developers Design Guideline approval.
6. Obtain Certified Design Compliance.
7. Obtain MRA approval (if required).
8. Obtain Town Planning approval (if required).
9. Obtain Building Licence approval.
10. Obtain Water Authority approval.

Occasionally this process can't begin until settlement has occurred. I know that I haven't given a firm answer to your question (I only have 1000 characters) but if Settlement is the last approval then you would generally be onsite fairly soon but if it is the first approval then you could be 2 to 4 months away.

Please call me on 9241 4911 to discuss your specific home.

Regards,
Anthony Oldershaw
Brand Manager

It took over 7 months from our settlement to our slab down. Then over a month for the brick work to start. They have been onsite for 5 weeks now and still our walls are not even half way done. I hope you won't have to wait as long as we have at it has been very stressful on our young family.

We waited roughly 5 months till construction, now the ball is thankfully rolling, we have the walls up and we are waiting for roof timbers. Hopefully it will go faster for you :)