Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Super easy first home buying experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

From the start the people at Aussie Living weren't pushy and super helpful. Made everything very easy to digest for a bloke that isnt too privy to housing anf banking terminology.
Quality of the property is great so far and the supervisor has notified me of ways to get in contact with the repairs department the moment I notice a problem or discrepancy. House was built very quickly, was finished a month sooner than expected!
Experienced absolutely ZERO hold ups or problems admin or building wise which was a very pleasant surprise.
Would recommend to anyone looking to build their first home, or any home for that matter!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Jack, what an awesome review to see on a Monday morning! The best thing to hear is that we helped make everything easy to understand because building your first home is a big deal and we want to ma... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Wonderful home, great first home buying experience from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

My experience with Aussie Living was excellent from start to finish, during initial consultations Zane went out of his way to accommodate my schedule. At no point did I feel pressured and the team put in a lot of hard work in the initial stages to help me get there. I was able to make changes to the plans with no issues to get a home that suited my way of life and tastes.

Prestart with Dennika was fantastic, she was supportive, gave me some great advice and was patient with me and my constant change of mind over the process!

My client liaison Belinda was great and provided regular updates, answered my 100's of questions quickly and was always friendly and helpful!

The build process was very fast from Pad down in Dec-17 to key handover early Apr-18. I was really dreading the experience (had read so many horror stories) but the process was smooth and issue free. My home is great and looks even better than I had expected. One small issue with the garage door when I first moved in was fixed promptly (within a day of contact with Aussie) and Belinda followed up and kept in touch until the issue was fixed.

I've been in the house for 6 months now and could not recommend the Aussie team highly enough!!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Wow, thanks for your lovely feedback Sarah! Your home is a big deal so I'm glad you felt so at ease when making choices throughout your journey. I will pass your feedback on to each team member! Co... read more »

Awesome can’t be faulted

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Everything went smoother than expected everyone one we had contact with was friendly professional and was more than helpful in every stage.
All our costs came in under which was also a big bonus for us.
I would absolutely recommend building with you guys to friends and family.
And a very big thankyou for everything to everyone.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

What awesome feedback to read on a Monday morning, thank you! We are so glad to hear you had such a great experience while building your home! Congratulations again guys :)

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Perfect home and helpful with my first home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2018

Aussie living were amazing in helping through what the estimate for the building my first home. They final cost was under the estimated amount which was great.
The whole process was easy because Aussie living homes was very help and just a phone call away.
From the pre start with Ivy to final completion with Belinda and Phill I couldn’t more happy with Aussie living homes

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Congratulations Mbita on building your first home! Your lovely feedback for the team will definitely be passed on. We are so glad you had a great home building experience with us and we wish you many great years in your home!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2018

Our first home building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

The build process through Aussie was very smooth and flowed well from initial sign up through to pre start, construction and then sign off. Any queries or questions we had were rectified immediately. The communication through out the entire process was great with weekly updates and photos. Any questions we had were responded to straight away. The quality of the build is great , the workmanship was great, the site was clean through out entire construction process. We strongly recommend Aussie as your first home builder.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Congratulations on building a new home Luke! We are stoked to hear you had such a great experience throughout your build. Communication is key right? and I'm glad we met your expectations. We hope ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

Our new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

Aussie Living Homes were great from the start - from our original consultation with Chris, prestart with Dennika, through to the build with site supervisor Dave, and client liaison Natalie - everyone was willing to help and answer any questions, which made a great difference! Excellent communication throughout the whole process as well, whether it was just a follow-up email with new designs/ideas during consultation, or weekly photos during the build.
The whole process has been fantastic, and our house was built very quickly but without compromising on quality which is great.
Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Aussie Living Homes to anyone looking to build a lovely home!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Katrina! Congratulations on building your new Aussie Living Home! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience with the team and we really appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely rev... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

My first home made easy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 03, 2018

From beginning to end the process was made easy. Scott Townsend went above and beyond to help me secure my land, loans and went through everything in fine detail. Then when it was handed over to the girls they EXCEEDED my expectations. Ivy Capelas and Belinda Burgess could not do enough to help, even once my build was complete Belinda has checked regularly with me to see how things are going. The way they approach their jobs is second to none i feel i have walked away with friends and i wasnt just another client. If i was to build again i have no doubt in my mind i would build with them again, and recommend them to everybody.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Andrew! Thank you for taking the time to write such an amazing review of the team at Aussie Living Homes. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your experience so much and that you walked away not... read more »

My new home

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Working with Aussie living homes was great and they offered nice display homes and building designs to go through as a first home builder. Home was well managed with good communication back and forward. Property was made to a great standard and any issues resolved when needed. Cost didn’t exceed too much further than what was estimated. Would highly recommend.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Good morning Paulie! Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed building your first home with us and were kept well informed throughout the process. Congratulations on you n... read more »

Great company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

Aussie Living Homes was great to deal with from start to finish. I had no clue what i was doing or if i wanted to build my first home. I was contacted by Kirk who explained and made sure i understood everything and catered to my needs. The finance and planning process was smooth and easy and i was kept up to date the whole time.

The house was built in 86 days to a high quality and i was updated every week with photos of the progress. If i had any questions they were answered accurately and timely.

Would definately build with Aussie Living again.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi James! What a lovely review, thank you! There is nothing better than hearing that we helped guide you through the unknown of building and financing a home! We are so glad you had a great experie... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2018

Dream home built with a great builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2018

So happy we chose Aussie living as our builder for our first home it has been an amazing experience. It’s been great being able to have such helpful staff from start to finish and being able to be so involved in the build. The team at Aussie have gone above and beyond to help us every step of the way. Thank you heaps Shane, Dave, Ivy, Natalie and to all the trades and people involved

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Good morning Jayde! Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review! We loved working with you guys too and are so glad you had such a great building experience from start to finish! We wish... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jun 2018

Absolutely fantastic company!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2018

Everything from start to finish was beyond professional and such a easy process!
Nothing was ever too much trouble for the staff I had assigned to me. I am very grateful that I was treated as an individual rather than a number. It most definitely surpassed my expectations!
Natalie, Alex and Dennika were all amazing! I would have no hesitations in recommending Aussie Living Homes to my family and friends which I have already been doing. I am very proud to be able to share with everyone my positive and happy experience with Aussie Living Homes! Thank you all so much once again - you helped make mine and my children's dreams turn into a reality in having a very own home!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hey Kylie! Thank you so much for your lovely review of the team! We are so glad that your dream of home ownership is now a firm reality! Congratulations and we hope you enjoy many great years in your brand new Aussie Living Home!

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2018

We are so impressed!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

Aussie Living have exceeded our expectations. Being first home buyers, we were clueless! We didn’t think we could afford to build in our dream suburb, but Michael Osorio helped us find a block and home design in our price range. He came over regularly, kept in regular contact, and kept us both updated. The building process was so easy! From Pre-start with Dennika, Belinda’s support throughout and PCI with Dave, we have felt so included and reassured at every step. Throughout we wondered when the stress and worry for start, but it never did! We have been amazed with the quick build time and the fact it hasn’t impacted on the quality. Every aspect of our home is completed to the highest quality! We are so in love with our new home and can’t wait to spend many happy years here. Thank you Aussie Living!

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to write such an amazing review! Congratulations on building your first home with us! We are so glad that our team could help turn your dream into a reality s... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Wouldn't choose any other builder!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

We had Geoff as our rep who was fantastic start to finish, who helped us with the design of our home
We had Dennika assisting us with pre-start and she was very knowledgeable and helpful
We had Natalie as our client liaison, who did an amazing job with keeping us up to date with the home
We had David as our site supervisor, who was very thorough with keeping his tradies on schedule (our home was built within 5 months)

Overall couldn't recommend Aussie Living enough, you wouldn't be disappointed with the builder

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Anna, Thank you for taking the time to write your lovely review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your building experience with us. I'll be sure to pass this on to the team and we hope y... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2018

Love my new home!!

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Aussie Living has been great from sign up to completion. The sales rep spent a lot of time helping me chose the right design and listened to what I wanted and my budget.
Prestart was booked in quick, the lady was so knowledgeable about the products and helped me with tough choices.
The build was complete in 5 months, very good quality build, no mistakes or set backs and each week there was progress.
Client liaison was very good at keeping me up to date with progress and sending photos of the build each week.
Handover was great, lovely ladies who were as excited as I was to get my keys and a fabulous hamper too!
Would recommend to anyone looking to build, I’ve had a great experience!

July 1st 2018 Update: Post Build Problems

I posted a review previously which highlighted my positive building experience with Aussie Living Homes and felt that it was important to share my post-build experience.
Upon move in I discovered that the reverse cycle air conditioning system that I paid extra to include had a fault and wouldn’t work (I couldn’t test this prior to hand over because you get the control on handover day with the keys to the house). I spent many hours speaking to the installer and trouble shooting before being told that it was a manufacture problem and I would be liable to pay for any repairs.
I then noticed that I had a leaking tap in the garden, a chipped bath tub and a leaking bath spout. I contacted the client liaison officer and sent photos, they organised for the site supervision to attend the property, when they did I was told they would not be fixing the bath tub as I couldn’t prove it was damaged during the build. I explained that I hadn’t used that bathroom, had no trades in the house and it could not have been damaged post handover. Aussie Living said that they don’t believe me and as I can’t prove it was them they would not be fixing it. After multiple emails to Aussie Living I was told very bluntly that basically it was “too bad” that I didn’t notice it in PCI. I explained that I felt undervalued as a client and I feel that the post client care is significantly lacking especially with implying I am a liar and refusing to help.
The customer care post handover really is very poor and I have been treated like a liar and a nuisance and have been left to feel humiliated for asking for a repair.
If you build with Aussie Living make sure you’re ready to be treated poorly and can stand up for yourself and your rights because they sure don’t care once you longer hold any monetary value.
I will no longer be recommending building with Aussie Living Homes, especially since hearing how great other builders are post build.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Rosie! Congratulations on building your new home! Thank you for your lovely review. We are so pleased to hear you had a great experience with us from start to finish. We hope you enjoy many year... read more »

Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Rosie, In response to your updated review on July 1st 2018: We are sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your post build experience. We value our clients and do our very best to quickly and efficiently... read more »

Love our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I have recently built with Aussie living. I was amazed at how quickly and efficiently our home was built. The staff were highly informative and attentive. I always felt supported at each stage of building, especially with the amount of questions I had as a first home owner! Our house is spacious and well though out. It was better than I imagined it to be! Highly recommend building with Aussie Living.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Elisha! Thank you for such an amazing review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your first home building process with us and so happy you love your brand new home! We would love to see some fin... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Apr 2018

Amazing from start to finish

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Everything exceeded our expectations from start to end.
After a bad start with another builder (that tried to rip us off), we consulted Aussie Living for advice and see what they can offer. Geoff was excellent with his service. We could tell that he was genuine in helping us (not just for the sale) and assist us in our first home. He was very patient and listened to us and came up with the perfect design and modifications. Ivy, who was our prestart lady was just as good. She was very knowledgeable and knew her colours and style really well. It took us shorter than expected to choose our materials for the house, thanks to her. Then came along the Senior Client Liason - Belinda, who was an absolute pleasure to work with! She kept us in the loop with what was going on, answered to my emails and queries asap, etc. We were so lucky to have her. Phil was our site supervisor - he lived up to the expectations that Aussie Living had set up.
Everything about the build - the quality of the material, kitchen appliances, workmanship are top notch. We had no major issues at our final practical inspection.
Building our first home with Aussie Living has been such a pleasurable and wonderful journey. Everyone from the start to the end, and the end product exceeded our expectations. Thank you guys :)

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Haida, Congratulations on building your new home! We are so glad to hear that you had a great experience and you enjoyed working with the team to achieve your perfect style. We appreciate you ta... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great Service and Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

I thought I would not be able to own my own home but Aussie was willing to help me. Aussie was great right from the start of building my first home from Micheal getting the ball rolling to Dennika at pre start. All the way with Nataile and Phil and his team managing the construction of my home. Could not of asked for more from the team at Aussie Living Perth. Great support and service. I would highly recommend Aussie Living. - Tash

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Tash. It's fantastic to hear about your experience with Aussie Living Homes. We take pride in the service, support and guidance we provide to first home buyers and we are very happy to hear that... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jan 2018

Awesome Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2018

Absolute pleasure dealing with Aussie Living Homes. From Guy the sales rep to Ashleigh in prestart to Belinda our building liaison to Simon our site supervisor - everything went smoothly. Always felt like I was their only client. Nothing was too big or too small. Explained everything in detail and sometimes more than once. Highly recommend this company and their staff.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Anthea. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recommendation. We are so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable journey with us and that all your expectations were met. ... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

Great product, great experience.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 22, 2018

Exceedingly well managed and efficient. All the staff made the process easy, from the initial design stage to collection of the keys. My sales consultant Michael was attentive to my questions let the product speak for itself. My site supervisor, Simon, took initiative and solved problems as they arose - often before I even became aware of them, and kept the build running to complete the property in under 27 weeks. My Liason Natalie was open and approachable, all which made things easier.
And this was standard practice for them. When I needed things to happen on a very tight timeline near the end of the build, the entire team stepped up and got the Job done.
The final product reflects the effort and care that the builder puts in on every level.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Hi Luke. Thanks for such a glowing review. It's great to hear that you had a hassle free and fun building journey with us, that's our aim. Customer service is of utmost importance to us and we're p... read more »

Brabham

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

No Stress

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

From start to finish everyone we have had contact with at Aussie Living Homes has been 100% helpful, knowledgeable and responsive. We signed our first contract in February and were reassured that we would be in our new home by the time our rental lease was up in early December and we were! Once building had started, we had weekly updates which was great to see how the construction was coming along. The whole team on site and in the office have out done themselves to get our house built within 5 months and we have had no major issues and the tiny issues we have had have been quickly fixed. We would most definitely recommend them to anyone who are looking to build a house.

Comments
Aussie Living Homes Official

Thanks for your fantastic feedback and recommendation Be3. We pride ourselves on our customer service and it's great to hear that you had a fun and stress free journey building your new home. We wi... read more »

1 of 7 pages

Can anyone suggest how long they do take to start building after shire approval. I am aware of some other builders who do start works in 2-3 weeks from shire approval. I am building with Aussie living, more than 1 month already gone from shire approval date. Initially they say its around month. Now they say its another month. when I ask why so late they say they have million things to do. I am not sure how many millions thing one need to do to start building. obviously I feel its rude response. Probably its not appropriate response to any client you work for. Now I am struggling to trust what they say. Can any one have experience with them in this regard.

Durga asked on Feb 15, 2014

Answer this

Hi durga ,
It took about 3 months after approval , I was very happy with the pace way they proceeded from there on ... I dont know how much it will cost but if its your new home I would recommend a independent building inspector .
Well you must get used to the rude responses and blatant lies . Everything said the quality of the building is the hands of the site supervisor . The office staffs are mere puppets .
Make sure you do include the soakwells in the contract . I wasnot happy with the way they did the drainage or the provisions that they were supposed to do as per contract .

Take photos of something you are in doubt of ,while the construction is happening , so that you some evidence to talk to the office . You will not get a chance to have a direct communication with site supervisor.

Cheers hope this helps

To be honest I think it depends entirely on the individual members that u deal with. We had the opposite experience of the poster above. Our build was super fast, our building supervisor had a few meetings with us and was available anytime we had questions. Weekly emails outlining exactly what was going to happen. 25wk build from site works - key handover. And our building supervisor even popped over 2wks after we were in to make sure everything was ok. Everybody we dealt with were great, no negative experiences at all. In comparison to other people in our estate who built with other builders, we are the lucky ones living in our home while they are still waiting

How long does it take for pad down after settlement?? we have waited over a month and a half after settlement already, and were just told that it may take another two months, thus being almost three and a half months until anything happens.. We had been patiently waiting as it was for the title of our property which took a year already (which is not aussie livings fault) but I just don't understand why on earth it is taking so long?! feels like we have been waiting an eternity and we didnt even get an estimated date on when the pad will go down till I asked 50x, then when I asked them why it will take so long I got no response.... what do I do to get it rolling a tad faster????

bmth asked on Jan 23, 2014

Answer this

Hi bmth,

I will give an indication of the steps in an approval process;

1. Final construction plans (structural variations are finalized).
2. Obtain Engineers Structural Certification of plans.
3. Obtain Energy Efficiency Compliance.
4. Obtain Home Indemnity Insurance
5. Obtain Developers Design Guideline approval.
6. Obtain Certified Design Compliance.
7. Obtain MRA approval (if required).
8. Obtain Town Planning approval (if required).
9. Obtain Building Licence approval.
10. Obtain Water Authority approval.

Occasionally this process can't begin until settlement has occurred. I know that I haven't given a firm answer to your question (I only have 1000 characters) but if Settlement is the last approval then you would generally be onsite fairly soon but if it is the first approval then you could be 2 to 4 months away.

Please call me on 9241 4911 to discuss your specific home.

Regards,
Anthony Oldershaw
Brand Manager

It took over 7 months from our settlement to our slab down. Then over a month for the brick work to start. They have been onsite for 5 weeks now and still our walls are not even half way done. I hope you won't have to wait as long as we have at it has been very stressful on our young family.

We waited roughly 5 months till construction, now the ball is thankfully rolling, we have the walls up and we are waiting for roof timbers. Hopefully it will go faster for you :)