sydney

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Perfect for partners with different heat needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2012

I'm so happy with this quilt, it's really beautiful quality, 100% chemical free, (hand made in Australia by Ian and Marilyn Lanyon from Aussie Wool Quilts Boort - you need the Boort when doing a Google search as there are similar producers).

I searched for a long time to find a good quality dual warmth duvet so that my husband could have a thin layer and I could have a thick warm layer.

Incredibly soft and squidgy, whilst being light weight and cool on one side and slightly more dense, but ultra warm on the other. the lady advised m
e against selecting a 1:4 combo as she said the 4 was really very warm and may only be suitable for really cold winter. We went with the 1:3 combo and I'm glad we did - the 3 is perfect. Handmade, on the farm in victoria. Also, you're buying direct from the farm, so the prices are really very reasonable compared to those I saw in retail outlets, even with freight which was very cheap. Chemical/allergy free.

I wished I'd have come across this Dual Warmth quilt (made by Aussie Wool Quilts Boort) before - it would have saved us years of difficult sleeping.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Penola

• 2 answers

Beautiful Quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2016

Great quality product - have purchased 5 of these quilts now - 3 of them I have had for 15 years and still going strong. Most recent purchases for my two adult children - should last them a lifetime. Well done to Marilyn and her team for a great product and great customer service.

Private message

These Aussie wool under blankets are the best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2016

Quilt is perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

I'm so happy I found these guys!! Originally I was planning to just get a store bought quilt - but after reading online poor reviews for major brands and the the glowing customer reviews for Aussie Wool Quilts Boort, I decided to order from these guys. The quilt arrived with a week of ordering and has been keeping me super warm and comfortable. The quality is outstanding. I've never had a wool quilt before, but now I wouldn't buy anything else! I'd recommend this product to anyone wanting to buy a quilt.

Ringwood East

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Customer service and my wool quilt are sensational!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2016

Prior to ordering I had some questions, Marilyn and her husband (the owners of Aussie Wool Quilts) were very helpful, my wool quilt arrived the following week. I love my new quilt, it's perfection.

Purchased at: Aussie Wool Quilts

Melbourne

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

We visited Aussie wool Quilts Boort on Saturday 16 April, beautiful place, friendly staff, high quality products.

I purchased two pillows and one quilt. Happy, the only problem is after using pillows, they get thinner and thinner and they are not comfortable anymore.

Private message

Big, soft, squishy cloud!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2016

I recently purchased a duo quilt after seeking advice from Aussie Wool Quilts. Sleeping under it is like being cuddled by a big, soft, squishy cloud! It is AMAZING.

Well done on a high quality, locally made product.

Delegate, New South Wales

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Luxurious.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2015

We have a King 3 and absolutely love it. Dont know why we would ever buy another down and feather quilt again. Great service. Great quality. Thank you. And Aussie owned and made. What more could you want.

Penrith

Great Product, Great Service,

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2015

I am very pleased with the 4/2quilts and under blankets that I purchased from Aussie Wool Quilts for home and the motorhome.The quality and service is excellent, great turn around time from ordering to delivery.Would highly recommend this great Australian Company.
Thanks Aussie Wool Quilts

Exceptional Service and Products

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2014

After searching the local stores and my usual online ones for a good quality Woollen Super King Doona that wasn't going to break the bank and having no luck I stumbled across the Aussie Wool Quilts Boort site. After checking out the site I noticed that they didn't have any prices for a Super King Doona but did state that they custom made products. I picked up the phone and rang them and was blown away with the friendly service I was given. I was advised straight away that yes they could make me a Super King Doona and I was put onto Marilyn w ho proceeded to explain to me the process that goes into making their products. I was very impressed and purchased on the spot a 3 blanket Super King Doona, King under blanket and two woollen pillows. I paid by direct payment on the same day (Thursday) and was rapt to receive an email on the Friday to advise that they would be sending my order in two lots at no extra cost to me as they had my pillows and under blanket ready to ship on the Monday morning, but were still making my doona. My first order arrived on the following Tuesday and was followed on the Friday by my Doona after once again receiving an email advising it was enroute. The speed, efficiency and quality of the products has been outstanding. We are loving our new bedding and can't thank Marilyn and the team enough for their wonderful service and attention to detail. We will definitely be purchasing from you again. Many Thanks, Kylie

+ Exceptional quality Australian made products at really affordable prices.

MELBOURNE

Private message

Spreading the wooly warmer warmth :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2012

Thanks for the lovely wooly warmers girls they are fabulous and I am slowly spreading around Ocean Grove :)
And particularly love that they are 100% Australian made in Boort, a real bonus!
Thanks [names removed] for your fabulous, friendly and super fast service too, its nice to support such a great family business

+ It's Warm!

Bunbury

• 3 answers

Super warm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Ours arrived yesterday , got the under blanket and number 3 doona, I probably should of read these reviews first as number three is a bit to warm for South West WA , I will persist with it for a few weeks and then make a decision whether to get a number two instead .

The quality of the product is excellent and I am glad to have purchased Australian made and they're a super easy company to deal with .

Thanks 5 stars

Excellent Purchase.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

We bought a winter doona and love the warmth, quality, feel and service. The other draw card was it was made in Victoria - feels good to support local industry. Thank you!

THE ONLY CHOICE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Love this washable wool quilt - just extremely happy. Bought this for my daughter moving into a big girl bed, and Ian amazed at the warmth and quality .. was expecting to be happy - but this company well exceeded my expectations - firstly by the service, i spoke with a incredibly kind lady to help me figure out what i wanted, then left it as i looked around for other compatible products .. paid on par what i would have bought for this item in a department store, but it was local, natural, and washable - other duvets that were washable were not natural .. very happy .. great company, well done

Port Macquarie

Best doona ever!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

We purchased a King doona in the 2 warmth. It is super cosy and hard to get out of bed in the morning! It is machine washable and we aired it for a day before using it but it had no smell other than a "new" smell that you would expect from a new item. It is the right warmth for autumn/winter/spring between maybe 17 and 20 degrees.
Before we purchased a cheaper wool doona from Forty Winks and had to give it back because it was loosing hair through the fabric. The Boort one is definitely worth the money!

very high quality and warm

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 01, 2017

I purchased a double quilt for our son's king single bed and it fits perfectly. The quilt is plump and even and feels of very high quality. We also loved the quaint packaging!

Great quality quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

I recently bought another of these quilts. They are of a really high quality & their mail delivery service was so efficient (I ordered on a Saturday & it was here on Wednesday). The quilts are warm ( I bought the two blanket one & it is keeping me very cosy at the moment. I live in Adelaide). They have a lovely to touch cotton cover. I would highly recommend these to anyone looking for a new quilt

Super toasty quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2016

We ordered a super-king 3 back in April for our chilly Canberra winter. We could not be happier. (In fact, we probably could have gotten away with a number 2, since the bedroom doesn't ever get really cold, and we usually have the kid join us at some point during the night! Also, the size upgrade from a king to a super-king means more overhang, and therefore extra warmth.) We spoke with Ann, who was super helpful and friendly. We have since ordered another 3 for our daughter, and are about to order a lighter-weight one for summer. I see that someone here has complained about the smell - this was just not the case with our quilt. There was no smell at all. We did air it for a day before putting it on the bed, as recommend, but I didn't detect any smell before this anyway. And yes, these quilts are heavy, especially if you are used to a down quilt - it took a few nights to get used to the weight, but there is no overheating as was the case with our down quilt. Really, really, really happy. Thank you Aussie Wool Quilts!

1 of 4 pages

Hi, i have to replace my family's very old wool quilts, reluctantly, as they seem to have lost some effectiveness. I live in Brisbane, it is mostly warm and humid but winter nights can get down to 10' and occasionally lower, and we have to add a blanket over the quilt, but autumn & spring min around 12 - 15 , and in summer we fold them away. What do you think would suit us? I like to snuggle up to my chin! What is better..washable or dry clean? Casaberth

Casaberth asked on Apr 21, 2017

A 2 blanket quilt will be fine

What quilt is best for freezing cold nights in Tasmania?

julie asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

I have the 2 for hubby and 3 for me. We're in Melbourne and sleep with the window open every night. We don't get really really cold I think the coldest night is around 1-2 degrees. I can honestly say I'm toasted with the 3. I am 48 so probably a few hot flushes help...
If you're a really cold person then get the 4 but they are they warmest quilt ever.

I have purchased the 2blanket queen quilt for myself and son
and the 3blanket for my daughter. The 2b are perfect however my daughter tells me that the 3b is super super warm so that sometimes she is too hot. Would guarantee these quilts any day. Would stick with the 2b .

Hi all, I have a wool doona 500 GSM and i wake up with fibres everywhere! Have you experienced this with these?

Winnie asked on Jul 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Winnie, we had the same problem with a Bambi wool doona purchased at Forty winks and brought it back. They said it must be a manufacturing problem. I think it could be a health risk.

See all 5 questions about Aussie Wool Quilts Boort