Aussiewool Underlay on Water Bed - Fabulous!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2012

After 50 years of having an under blanket slipping on the bladder of the waterbed and the sheet getting tangled up underneath me, I have discovered the surprising solution with the Aussiewool Underlay.
1. It stays put ! 2. It brings warmth from the bladder through the layers of wool to wrap me in sleep.
3. I'm sleeping better than I have for years. 4. As natural wool is such a great insulator, it did take 24 hours for the heat of the waterbed to get through to the bottom sheet, but once there, the heat has stayed, and is a much warmer sleep than before the Aussiewool Underlay. 5. Thank you [name removed] for creating such a beautiful product.

MELBOURNE

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Spreading the wooly warmer warmth :)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2012

Thanks for the lovely wooly warmers girls they are fabulous and I am slowly spreading around Ocean Grove :)
And particularly love that they are 100% Australian made in Boort, a real bonus!
Thanks [names removed] for your fabulous, friendly and super fast service too, its nice to support such a great family business

+ It's Warm!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

SYDNEY

• 1 answer

Underlay and Duo Wool Quilt

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 09, 2012

Received the Quilt and Underlay quickly. Fantastic Quality and could not be happier. The combination of these products make for a truly warm and comfortable bed. Better that I could have imagined. I would highly recommend this product. We live in Sydney and is ideal for a the winters night in an unheated bedroom! Might buy another for the other bedroom. ;)

+ Quality of the product. Nice thick and warm.

sydney

• 1 answer
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

Perfect for partners with different heat needs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2012

I'm so happy with this quilt, it's really beautiful quality, 100% chemical free, (hand made in Australia by Ian and Marilyn Lanyon from Aussie Wool Quilts Boort - you need the Boort when doing a Google search as there are similar producers).

I searched for a long time to find a good quality dual warmth duvet so that my husband could have a thin layer and I could have a thick warm layer.

Incredibly soft and squidgy, whilst being light weight and cool on one side and slightly more dense, but ultra warm on the other. the lady advised me against selecting a 1:4 combo as she said the 4 was really very warm and may only be suitable for really cold winter. We went with the 1:3 combo and I'm glad we did - the 3 is perfect. Handmade, on the farm in victoria. Also, you're buying direct from the farm, so the prices are really very reasonable compared to those I saw in retail outlets, even with freight which was very cheap. Chemical/allergy free.

I wished I'd have come across this Dual Warmth quilt (made by Aussie Wool Quilts Boort) before - it would have saved us years of difficult sleeping.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

4 of 4 pages

Hi, i have to replace my family's very old wool quilts, reluctantly, as they seem to have lost some effectiveness. I live in Brisbane, it is mostly warm and humid but winter nights can get down to 10' and occasionally lower, and we have to add a blanket over the quilt, but autumn & spring min around 12 - 15 , and in summer we fold them away. What do you think would suit us? I like to snuggle up to my chin! What is better..washable or dry clean? Casaberth

Casaberth asked on Apr 21, 2017

A 2 blanket quilt will be fine

What quilt is best for freezing cold nights in Tasmania?

julie asked on Jan 29, 2017

Answer this

I have the 2 for hubby and 3 for me. We're in Melbourne and sleep with the window open every night. We don't get really really cold I think the coldest night is around 1-2 degrees. I can honestly say I'm toasted with the 3. I am 48 so probably a few hot flushes help...
If you're a really cold person then get the 4 but they are they warmest quilt ever.

I have purchased the 2blanket queen quilt for myself and son
and the 3blanket for my daughter. The 2b are perfect however my daughter tells me that the 3b is super super warm so that sometimes she is too hot. Would guarantee these quilts any day. Would stick with the 2b .

Hi all, I have a wool doona 500 GSM and i wake up with fibres everywhere! Have you experienced this with these?

Winnie asked on Jul 23, 2016

Answer this

Hi Winnie, we had the same problem with a Bambi wool doona purchased at Forty winks and brought it back. They said it must be a manufacturing problem. I think it could be a health risk.

See all 5 questions about Aussie Wool Quilts Boort