No discount on glasses

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2018

Had received my glasses today and i had accidentally ordered Bifocal glasses instead of Multifocal glasses. The price of these glasses cost me as much as specssavers did with branded frames for the glasses. I called them up today and they were not cooperative at all and said i had to pay an extra of $165 which was just for the multifocal and were i had payed $165 in the first place for the glasses. I surfed on the internet and found the same frame for the glasses for $20 and the build quality for the glasses was poor with looses hinges of the frame. You are better off buying glasses from elsewhere where you know you will get your money back if there is any problem.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Dharam, For the sake of clarity, you ordered Bi-Focal lenses at a cost of $ 69.95 which we made specifically to your prescription values and delivered them in excellent condition. You no... read more »

The link you have provided above shows the frame that you had shipped me with and this link shows the exact frame for much cheaper and with good build quality https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MINCL-... read more »

Excellent Service at a Great Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2018

This is the second time I have used AusSpecs, their Frames and Lenses are of exceptional quality. My script was read correctly and I had no problems on receiving my completed glasses. With being on a pension it makes it extremely difficult to purchase prescription glasses from a retail store as their mark up's are ridiculous on their product. Given I need High Index lenses, it makes it completely impossible to buy prescription glasses from any retail store. Ausspecs prides themselves in there workmanship and the administration staff are friendly and very helpful and their pricing is so very reasonable. I recently got a quote from Specsavers, for 2 pairs of frames plus high index lenses with coatings that was going to cost me $649 and yet they pride themselves on being cheaper than most optometrists. I recently purchased 2 pairs from AusSpecs frames plus high index lenses with coatings and tint in one pair and my out of pocket was $285.70, so I saved approximately $380. Thank you AusSpecs.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

We are very happy that you are happy with our product and service,We look forward to serving you in the future :)

First time experience was excellent.

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 17, 2018

Prompt responses to clarify and confirm prescriptions over a weekend. Both pairs were with me about 10 days later and were as I specified and as described on the site. I would definitely recommend Ausspecs to others.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hi Ben. Thank you for the concise feedback. It is heartening to receive such a great review. Cheers and have a wonderful day :)

Simple, cheap, effective solution backed by excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2018

AusSpecs found my answer to a drawn out nightmare after the coating of my multifocal glasses disintegrated under the hot weather as I work in the field. The shops tried to sell me designer brands, expensive frames $400 plus, useless coatings that don’t work, fancy trademark names lenses to high RI plastic.... To make matter worse, the script has missing numbers and the astigmatism correction looks wrong. I ended up with overpriced multiple focal glasses that have wrong PD, out by 4 mm according to my measurements, and that of a second optometrist. While waiting for the 3rd optometrist’s opinion on how to fix the bad glasses, I went online. I came to the conclusion that I needed 2 pairs of glasses to fulfill my needs, not multifocals. When I learnt that AusSpecs is an Australian business in Perth, I was keen to try them out. I had excellent support to get my order in when I couldn’t get the cheaper lens. My glasses arrived fast. I am wearing them right now, with great comfort, no discomfort, or distortion. I only pay a fraction using the twinpack deal. I will definite try online again.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hi Sylvia, We are so glad that this all worked out for the good. thank you for sharing this with us. Please have a wonderful day :)

Excellent product for the price and excellent service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

Frames were robust and of good quality. Lenses were clear and very thin for the price. Had small problem with fitting and I emailed ausspecs on a Sunday. Reply came on Monday morning with enough info to solve problem!
I am now looking at also buying prescription sunglasses.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hi John, Glad we could help and that the video was helpful :)

Verified Customer

Best value online Spec's.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

Many thanks to Janet and Staff for all the assistance with placing and following up on my first order.
The YouTube video link supplied was very interesting, now I understand better of what's involved in producing your great quality spectacles.
Compared to a quote for practically identical glasses from a Reputable Storefront merchant, I have saved $268 with AusSpecs, amazing!
Give them a go, you'll be glad you did,
Kevin

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Thank you Kev, we are really happy that you are happy. cheers and have a wonderful day.

Moorabin

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Excellent value glasses from an Australian company you can trust!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2018

I have ordered three pairs of glasses from AusSpecs in the past and have just placed my latest order. Buying glasses - or anything for that matter - off the internet can be an exercise in risk versus reward but with this company you can be assured that your investment will pay off. Firstly, the website is excellent and easy to navigate. Secondly, you can call them and actually speak to someone and get some professional advice. Thirdly, the quality is excellent and the turnaround is fast. I have a tricky script due to the astigmatism in my left eye but each pair of glasses ordered was very accurate and of great quality. They even did a follow up phone call after my first order to make sure my script values were correct. Top marks! Order with confidence...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Its wonderful to hear that you are happy with our product and service, we do appreciate your kind words.

Dallarnil

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

this company a perfect solution for pensioners

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2018

i have been buying prescription glasses from ausspecs yearly since 2011 and am extremely pleased with the price as well as the quality and service. well done

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hi Bruce it is a privilege to be of service to older Australians especially in these times where the cost of living is going through the roof. but pensioners as usual tend to be left behind. Thank ... read more »

Great product and service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 03, 2018

This is the third pair of glasses purchased from AusSpecs. Also ordered a pair for my wife. Great to phone and get a quick answer about my order.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Les it was lovely talking to you on the phone and thank you for your kind words.

• 2 helpful votes

trustworthy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 25, 2017

We have been dealing with Auspects for years and have found them to be absolutely trustworthy, We had a small problem with our first pair and it was dealt with and solved immediately.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Woody, feedback like this makes it all worthwhile, thank you so much for the comments

So glad I have found these guys!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

I ordered my first pair of glasses about 4 weeks ago and was so happy with the price, quality of the glasses, service I received and speed of the delivery that I have just ordered another pair.
Fantastic and highly recommended these guys.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Rebecca.
We really appreciate your kind words and sentiments and feel sure that your next pair will be equally good.
cheers :)

Second Purchase excellent again

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

This time got two pairs multis one for hubby and one for me. Both pairs perfect again excellent quality great backup and assistance from the staff.
No hesitation in recommending this company to all family and friends
and another good thing is that they are an Aussie company

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Leslie,
Its great to see you back.
We really appreciate that you point out that AusSpecs is 100% Australian owned and Operated which gives us a closer working relationship with our clients.
Cheers and please have a wonderful day :)

Great Glasses, Excellent Customer Service, Fast Delivery AND So Affordable

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 26, 2017

Do not have anything but praise for this site and have recommended it to many of my friends and family already. I'd especially like to thank the owner Janet for her fantastic advice and help.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hi, wow I really do have a big head now :) Thank you sooo much for your kind words and we are really happy that we could be of service
Cheers

No Fuss Ordering

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

Fantastic fast service. Excellent quality glasses. No fuss from home ordering. Cannot recommend highly enough have recommended to all my friends. Thank you!

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Thank you for your feedback, Pleased to have been of assistance and hope we can look after you on your next visit. :)

Perfect

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 01, 2017

Multifocal mens glasses arrived.PERFECT from the second they hit my face.Notice to potential buyers,YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU ORDER, its up to you to be accurate with your prescription and eye measurements,as I was very careful and particular,I got the best pair of multies I have had in years.AusSpecs are very easy to communicate with I rang several times for advice and guidance and Janet was the perfect host.My Partner (Pamela) also bought 2 pair of reading glases, same result PERFECT. Thanks AusSpecs, as you can see, Im very happy. O/N 20189759

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello and thank you for your feedback. We are always happy to be of assistance as ordering glasses for the first time can be a little daunting. We are always here to help. :)

Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I am very happy with my purchase from ausspecs. They offer an extensive variety to choose from what's more, the prices are extremely moderate. I ordered 2 pairs of multifocal glasses from this shop and they work perfectly and saved me hundreds of dollars

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Jen G, its just wonderful that we are able to be of service and save you lots of money that you can use for other things like chocolate! ;)

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Do not buy any multifocal lenses.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

I purchased a multifocal lens for my wife back in July and they sent the glasses on time. However the multifocal lens had a lot of issues with them. She could not see the middle distance and could not read at all from the left lens. Plus there were issues in looking at objects clearly from different distances. I also mentioned to them that this is not the first pair of multifocals. They kept saying that the Specsavers who prepared the prescription have not done it correctly. I went back to SS and they redid the prescription and i sent that along with the photo back to AS. They again made just the lens and sent back. This time the issues were even worse. I asked for a refund as it was more than 2 months without a proper set of glasses. They initially promised a full refund and when the refund came through paypal it was a deducted amount and when talking to the manager. it was less shipping and they have spend a lot to make the lens and all sort of excuses ranging from a squint eye, wrong readings, etc...

I made the same set from Clearly Contacts with the same prescription and they sent the order back with a perfect pair of glasses in the first go. Also the cost was near similar to AS by about 30$.

Also the person i spoke was very rude and has NO customer service experience at all.

I highly recommend people stir away from buying any multifocal lens from AusSpecs.

I am happy to provide more information to those who have any questions as evidence.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Vijay We can understand your frustration with the result especially after the multitude of emails and phone calls back and forward between us because it is imperative our clients get the best... read more »

Steve Aquino

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2017

Excellent!!! Super!!! Quick delivery. Awesome service. I bought my glasses for just under $170 with transition lenses and anti glare, where the optometrist would have charged $400

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Thank you for your feedback, and for being a loyal customer and you know if you have any questions we’re always here! Thanks for always being such an awesome customer.

Good Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Love the collection , prices and ease of ordering. Have used twice now and can't rate highly enough. Thanks so much Ausspecs!

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello and thank you for your review, we keep adding new stock all the time, please come back soon to view. :)

Amazing Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Huge collection with different styles to choose from! Just order a pair and you will be amazed with the service. I saw their advertisements in TV and I am very happy with the order . Glasses are fantastic with clear view ! Thank you!

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Glad to hear it all went well, please visit again soon :)

1 of 4 pages

Hello , who would you recommend in adelaide sa to do an eye test for glasses ? Also is there anyway I am able to use my existing titanium frames /that were very expensive but light . Regards Dennis

Dennis asked on Mar 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Dennis - sorry, no idea about eye tests in Adelaide. I'm in Melbourne. I used Spec Savers and they were good. Apparently you can re-use existing frames.

Hello Dennis and thank you for your question.

Being that AusSpecs has been supplying glasses as a third party scenario of over 10 years you can imaging that we get a lot of feedback on which stores are best and which ones, not so much.

During this time we have formed the opinion that opsm might be the best for prescription accuracy and customer care.

One big difference is that opsm are company owned store (owned by Luxitica ) so their focus is more toward looking after their clients and building a long term relationship.

They are generally very helpful in supplying you with a copy of your prescription on request.

Still very expensive though.

With regard the re-glazing of your "Old Favorites" yes it can be done but the cost is often prohibitive.

Unfortunately we now live in a throw away society meaning that for about 1/3 the price of lens replacement you can buy a brand new complete set. Perhaps you could get a quote from your optical store at the time of your eye test before making a judgement call :)

All is not lost though, we highly recommend our clients to send their old glasses to Lions Club where they can do the most good .

I do hope this helps and you are always welcome to drop us a line here at AusSpecs

Best regards
Brian

Hi, I will buy rimless glasses and would like to find out what Ausspecs rimless lenses quality is. I used to buy my rimless glasses from Zenni. My recent experience is very bad with Zenni as their polycarbonate lenses keep developing cracks around the bolt holes in 6 months or so, typical problem with rimless glasses! Has anyone experience with Ausspecs rimless multifocal glasses? Cheers L.G.

L.G. asked on May 29, 2016

Answer this

I have never bought rimless glasses I like them but for me I stick with the frame around them and they look pretty good

Ask AusSpecs, They are very helpful and surprisingly honest.

My optometrist will not give me a PD .Says it is not possible to measure without wearing the frames because the depth as well as the width needs to be measured. What do I do next?

Janet asked on Apr 22, 2013

Answer this

That's a lie. See "Getting a Friend to Measure Your PD" at http://www.stingyspecs.com.au/what-is-PD.html

agree with dan they just want you to buy from them . i have a very strong script and i prefer to get my glasses online as its alot cheaper then an optometrist my script reads sph r +8.25 l 8.25 cyl r -2.50 l -2.50 axis r 5 l 175 near add r 2.25 l 2.25 and pd r 34.0 l 34.0 so if i were you . id got to specsaver . thats who gave me my script / pd included .