Good Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Love the collection , prices and ease of ordering. Have used twice now and can't rate highly enough. Thanks so much Ausspecs!

Amazing Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

Huge collection with different styles to choose from! Just order a pair and you will be amazed with the service. I saw their advertisements in TV and I am very happy with the order . Glasses are fantastic with clear view ! Thank you!

Amazing!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2017

I'm actually ordering my next pair right now as I have got a discount on second order with them. Really amazed with the service great quality, great price, great style and amazing response from the team! Will recommend everyone here to give AusSpecs.com.au a try. Very happy!

Perfect!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2017

Amazing & quick turnaround. They have a wide range of frames. I had my lenses made into sunglasses “for free” (didn’t even know this could be done). So I got excellent prescription sunglasses which work perfectly Will definitely use them again. Several discount codes as well on the website!

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Edward.
Thank you for taking the time to add your review. Actually deliveries have been a challenge of late because of TNT being caught up in the latest ransom wear blackmail attempt.
All is back on track and it is great that it worked out :)

Amazing Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2017

My whole experience with AusSpecs was really great. Every time I'd email the staff and ask something about their products I'd get a very quick reply and they were always friendly and clear. I have been using my glasses non stop for a while now and are very happy with them; Their products are really good and very high quality. .

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hi Lucas
It is really wonderful to receive feedback like this. We appreciate it and hope to see you again soon :)

Verified Customer

Very happy with new specs

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

A couple of weeks ago I dropped my old faithful specs and stood right on them. Just at that time I caught a TV advert for ausspecs and discount specs. It was certainly fortuitous so I ordered 2 pair (one for a spare) The glasses arrived this week and I could not be happier. In fact I could buy 5 pairs for the same price as the stores. Really happy with the glasses, the quality and price. Certainly recommended them to family and friends.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Germane It is heartening to see that the TV actually works. Personally I hate the adds and just zone out :) I am sure that your new glasses will serve you well but nothing lasts forever. P... read more »

Verified Customer

Excellent service.. Very happy!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2017

I recently purchased a standard pair of reading glasses and a pair of bifocals with quite a few top of the range upgrades at a considerable extra cost. No problems with the reading glasses but couldn't cope with the bifocals. The problem wasn't cause by a faulty prescription but was due to my inability to adjust to the loss of peripheral vision (apparently a common problem with bifocals). However as spoke to staff member, they helped get a replacement pair and it was indeed a great service by them. Super Happy

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Meranko. Ahh it is so great to see that you are happy even after the minor problems faced. I suppose one thing that others might take from this is that AusSpecs, being a 100% Australian comp... read more »

Great service. Good range. Excellent prices.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

It's not that often these days you recommend a firm to others, but AusSpecs is one of the very few exceptions. We have been using AusSpecs for more than 5 years now and never been disappointed. Their service is terrific and at the prices they charge we are able to afford new specs every year, keeping our prescription needs up to date. Thanks AusSpecs.

Verified Customer

Loved shopping with AusSpecs!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

Shopped for the first time online from Ausspecs for my glasses and never been so happy with the purchase. Never thought I could save so much money if I order online.. service is recommended and price is also very reasonable as you can save bucks while using their coupon code. I am going to order another pair now.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Jansrenko. We can certainly feel for all those clients that are ordering online for the first time. Initially it looks really daunting but after you have done it once you will be saying, "hey... read more »

Verified Customer

Great Service, Quality product, Best price!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2017

Easy to use website, great communication from Brian- Ausspecs Package was excellent, and great quality lenses at affordable prices!! Way to go Ausspecs!!! I purchases Semi Rimless Spectacles and it was purely worth it!! Loved it .. Also recommend to my friends

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Verified Customer

Brilliant glasses and excellent value for money!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2017

The specs arrived today and I am very impressed with the frames. They are fantastic. I was hesitant to buy online but got my script prescription and happy I did because I saved so much money.The service was just amazing! I used coupon code AusSaver you should also use it to save money.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Thank you for your kind words, we aim to please :)

Very happy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

I wear multi focal lenses and they are perfect. I recommend AusSpecs. I am delighted with the advice and frames too. This is the second pair that I have bought from AusSpecs and I will most certainly use them again.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Fantastic that you are happy and great doing business with you.

Be Careful

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Ordered glasses given expected shipping date only for it to be delayed over a week without a message to update or explain. Poor quality on last pair frame separated decided to try again but deceptive conduct means not again. Expect huge delays if you order.

Also can't trust quality and difficult/expensive to return. Reality is cheap but you end up paying so maybe use a shop front store like spec savers at least you can talk to someone.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Mark, We are very sorry that there was some confusion with the shipping date for your order and for this we sincerely apologize. We received your order on the 27th and were expecting it to b... read more »

I don't usely right a review !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

I have been buying glasses from AusSpecs for many years now and not only there prices are very good the quality and the service is equally has good, I where multi focal glass the hardest of the lot and so fare after so many pairs it still perfect not only that but the quality gone up and the price gone down, I did try others but I have to say the are the best and I am not getting anything to right my review there just deserve it.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

We certainly appreciate your feedback and the fact that you have been a valued client since 2007, Thank you. We look forward to being of service to you in the future.

Great in all aspects

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

Hi.
I am not normally into writing reviews but on this occasion I think I should share my experience.
I am 65, on a pension and I do not have health Insurance. I recently went to my local opsm and was quoted $149 for a plastic frame and a further $330 for the lenses so I could read and work the computer. A second (cheapest pair for just driving was $99. This is on top of what they have already been paid to check my eyes and write me a prescription.
I walked out in disgust.
With a bit of help from my son I started looking online for cheap glasses.
I rang a few but none were in Aus but then came across aus specs. I had a great chat with Janet (the lady that answers the phone) who put me straight on what I needed to do to order on line.
I was still extremely sceptical but really had no other option so I placed the order. btw the site was pretty simple to use.
It turns out that, to my surprise, the glasses that I ordered turned up about 2 of weeks later and they were perfect for both reading books and the computer screen. The quality was as good if not better than the store and the price was just $137 less discount of $20 total $117
I highly recommend this crowd to everyone who needs glasses.
The company is Australian (in Perth) the glasses are first class and the help and service is tops.
I still need normal driving glasses which are around $40 so if this next pair are as good as this first pair they will have a client for life !

Comments
AusSpecs Official

We really appreciate the feedback and are really glad you are happy with your new specs. We look forward to seeing you again for the driving pair and are sure they will be as good as this pair :)

Melbourne

• 1 answer

A comparison of Clearly with Aus specs

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

I thought I'd try ordering glasses from both of these online retailers to see what they were like. Here's my experience:

Clearly:
Great website that allowed me to filter the glasses by various parameters. I tried to match the size and shape of my existing glasses in the absence of being able to try them on.
Ordering was easy and the glasses arrived in about 2 weeks - about the same time as my local Spec Savers took, but at about 1/3 of the price ($65)! The glasses are good quality.

The Aus Specs website by comparison is terrible. It really needs an upgrade. They did have useful information about the selection of glasses, but the ability to see what the glasses looked like accurately and to be able to compare different ones was difficult. It took about 3-4 weeks for the glasses to arrive. The glasses feel cheap - like the kids' ones you get in showbags. Even the case seems cheap in comparison to Clearly. The sunglasses I ordered cost about $67.

Both sites don't offer glasses that are as large as the ones offered in Spec Savers - I have a wide face and I had to settle for glasses that were smaller than I would have liked.

In conclusion - I will buy again from Clearly. They are good value and offer a quality product and quick delivery.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello Michelle and thank you for your feedback. It is certainly appreciated. Obviously we are disappointed that you are not ecstatic about your new glasses . We certainly agree that the site ne... read more »

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Pleasantly surprised by wonderful friendly service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

AusSpecs provided us two pairs of beautifully framed glasses for around half the price of brick and mortar retailers in a very short period of time.
The service is excellent , any online queries is answered in a very short period of time. Due to a complication of our own making and with the help of PayPal bureaucracy their was a delay of some 5 days of the correct payment being received by AusSpecs but they continued on with the order.
Ordered 2 different pairs of progressive lens glasses On The 7th Dec paid on the 13th received in the mail on the 16th.
We loved the selection of frames online and the designs are up to date and have many different variations in colour and size. If your not sure of any terms when entering your prescription help is just a click away, also the option is available for you to send your prescription to them and they will take it from there.
We are very happy with the quality of the frames and this is my second purchase from them , the last pair I ordered 18 months ago are still like new.
We are so happy that we decided to buy online , the savings are enormous , the frame options fair outweigh the restricted options available at the big name retailers and the quality is excellent.
Also most importantly the lenses are perfect and I've been told that my prescription is complex. Thank you AusSpecs for a pleasant experience and my wife and I will be back in around 18 months.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello, only too happy to have been able to help :) so pleasing to hear that your glasses are what you wanted and arrived quickly

• 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

AWESOME!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2016

My new glasses are excellent - Precise fit and perfect clarity, AND I saved at least half, if not a third or MORE on optometrist prices and all I had to do was wait about a week for them.

I'll never buy from rip-off places again.

Plus; this is the only place I could find that actually is IN Australia; the other few are USA sites that DEAL WITH Australian customers, but are not IN Australia! - Beware.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Thank you Steve. We aim to please and yes we are in Australia and are a fully owned and operated Company in Perth

Thanks again - now if you don't mind branching out and selling other products, like whitegoods, electronics and consumables, I'll happily buy EVERYTHING from you guys! ;-)

Perfect Multi lens glases

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2016

Perfect Multilens glasses, I rang several times for advice and guidance as to prescription and measurements, got all the advice I needed. I gave them perfectly accurate information, AusSpects gave me perfectly accurate glasses.
Best service and Multies I have had in years. Loads of information on their web pages, also reccommendations and warnings regarding certain types of lens and frames, be guided by these reccommendations, they are there for a reason. You will get what you order, so take care with the information you give up.

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Thank you Leon, We are very happy that you now have excellent glasses to see with.
As you said we are only a phone call or email away and are only too happy to help when we can.

First Order

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2016

Just to let you all know, I received my glasses and have to say this is the first time ever that i have been able to put them on with no problems or going back for adjustments, they are great, thank you sooooo much, I will be back to order some for my wife

Comments
AusSpecs Official

Hello John, only too happy to have been of help :)

1 of 3 pages

Hello , who would you recommend in adelaide sa to do an eye test for glasses ? Also is there anyway I am able to use my existing titanium frames /that were very expensive but light . Regards Dennis

Dennis asked on Mar 22, 2017

Answer this

Hi Dennis - sorry, no idea about eye tests in Adelaide. I'm in Melbourne. I used Spec Savers and they were good. Apparently you can re-use existing frames.

Hello Dennis and thank you for your question.

Being that AusSpecs has been supplying glasses as a third party scenario of over 10 years you can imaging that we get a lot of feedback on which stores are best and which ones, not so much.

During this time we have formed the opinion that opsm might be the best for prescription accuracy and customer care.

One big difference is that opsm are company owned store (owned by Luxitica ) so their focus is more toward looking after their clients and building a long term relationship.

They are generally very helpful in supplying you with a copy of your prescription on request.

Still very expensive though.

With regard the re-glazing of your "Old Favorites" yes it can be done but the cost is often prohibitive.

Unfortunately we now live in a throw away society meaning that for about 1/3 the price of lens replacement you can buy a brand new complete set. Perhaps you could get a quote from your optical store at the time of your eye test before making a judgement call :)

All is not lost though, we highly recommend our clients to send their old glasses to Lions Club where they can do the most good .

I do hope this helps and you are always welcome to drop us a line here at AusSpecs

Best regards
Brian

Hi, I will buy rimless glasses and would like to find out what Ausspecs rimless lenses quality is. I used to buy my rimless glasses from Zenni. My recent experience is very bad with Zenni as their polycarbonate lenses keep developing cracks around the bolt holes in 6 months or so, typical problem with rimless glasses! Has anyone experience with Ausspecs rimless multifocal glasses? Cheers L.G.

L.G. asked on May 29, 2016

Answer this

I have never bought rimless glasses I like them but for me I stick with the frame around them and they look pretty good

Ask AusSpecs, They are very helpful and surprisingly honest.

My optometrist will not give me a PD .Says it is not possible to measure without wearing the frames because the depth as well as the width needs to be measured. What do I do next?

Janet asked on Apr 22, 2013

Answer this

That's a lie. See "Getting a Friend to Measure Your PD" at http://www.stingyspecs.com.au/what-is-PD.html