Filter By:

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

I could not have chosen a better ISP??

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

NO I could not have chosen a better ISP if I had tried. I searched for ages for a great ISP. It has been quite a few years now since I have been with Oz Online. I will never go to anyone else now. These guys have the greatest respect for there customers and it does not matter what if any problems you have, nothing is to hard for them to fix. I must say though that I have never ever had any problems with Oz Online and the internet connections. I have always consistently been online 24/7. Over the last couple of days I have transferred from ADSL to NBN and I had no down time. Big thank you to the team.

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great service, very happy I chose Australia on line.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2017

We have been with Australia on Line from the time we bought a computer, this recommendation came from our son who is also with Australia on line, and would never change service provider. We all think alike on the subject of reliability, knowledge of technical support and their patience with seniors.(me)
We moved house and the new place had NBN on at the house and in took very little time to have us up and running. The connection is quite reliable and to date I have only had one dropout and I sure it was an NBN fault.
I am very satisfied with the customer service and the helpful support I have whenever I have to call. Usually the problem lays with me and my lack of knowledge. The Gentlemen at Australia on line are very helpful, very up to date with their information, everything is always explained in plain English, and in my case with patience. I have read a review that shocked me as I can truthfully say that nothing has ever happened like that to me.
Thank you to everyone at Australia on line, keep up the good work, I, like my son. would happily recommend this carrier because we have not had a problem with the service, and both of us have been with them for many many years.

a

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great technical support service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2017

The technical support department is excellent. They have assisted troubleshooting my NBN on multiple occasions and were professional, efficient and successful.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

consistently helpful over many years (back to the 70's)

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2017

After many years of problem free (except for Telstra line problems) we upgraded our wi fi modem to meet new smart TV installation. Frequent drop outs frustrated us and AOL. I commend them for their polite, patient and professional service.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Absolute First Rate Service and Stable Fast NBN Connection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2017

Hi,
After being with Adam/IInet for over 8 years the outsourcing of call centres offshore meant that I was stuck with stability issues which the companies after complaints (prior to Adam's takeover I never had an issue with service) were ignored and with call centre staff who I could not understand and were incapable of answering my question or fixing my service I simply had, had enough and with nbn arriving it was time to change.

I spoke with friends on how their service was and almost none were really happy especially due to the offshore call centres which I see as an act of treason sending jobs overseas when those roles are desperately needed here so it was a case of needing to do a lot of homework on my part.

My Criteria was simple. a) Unlimited Quota, b) AUSTRALIAN ONLY call centres, c) Knowledgeable Staff who can assess and fix an issue fast and on first call, d) Fast Speed especially during evenings and e) Fast call answering all basically in that order. I wanted a 100mb service as projects I volunteer for involve a lot of data.

Basically my search came down to Australia Online and Amaysim (who I have had my mobile with for 5 years as a very happy customer), and calling posing as a customer I found Australia online was top on the list. I was advised upfront of what I should expect from the NBN including expected download rates, the issues which are common with new connections and that they would guide me through the install which was painless. They exceeded my expectations many times over.

Having been with them for 3 months now I know I made the correct choice, When I have had to call (eg setting up phone line and modem settings) William and others on the team were upfront and knew exactly what I was asking and told me exactly what I needed to do. At Evenings I usually get 60mbs+ and during the night 80+. Average wait time was under 30 seconds for a call and no issues on quota. The project I was working on at the time was pulling down about 1.5-2Tbs a month and never had an issue such as shaping, so doubt my current 500Gb+ current usage will either. In short I would whole heartedly recommend them.

The TPGs, Telstras, Optus's etc dont compare on service but purely just rely on customers being complacent, whereas Australia Online are the "new internode or adam internet" like they were in the early days and then some.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Just so good!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 28, 2017

We very rarely have a problem with service provision but if we AOL fix it immediately plus they are Australian owned and staffed by Australians!!

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Helpful, reliable, amazing service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

Have our NBN connection through Australia Online for a little over 2 years and they are the best I have ever been with. Problems are literally solved in seconds from call start to call end, with a well manned Australian call centre team that are easy to understand and know their stuff I couldn't recommend them any better.. Don't believe this review? Then call them, their number is easy to find and press for technical support, usually I wait 5 seconds no joke.. They are worth the little extra for what is a far superior service.

Adelaide

Problem Solved at last.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 18, 2017

ADSL Broadband has had an intermittent drop out fault for weeks, when it hit I could not connect for long periods of time. . AOL Technicians put up with my lack of technical /PC knowledge and led me through a series of tests. We eventually ended with it not being my PC and had to be the modem or Telstra network. Knowing that Telstra would charge me if no fault found (remembering it was intermittent drop outs'. The tech suggested I buy new modem, which would also be need soon when the NBN comes to my area. He also said if it was not the modem they would credit me the cost. Any now for 4 days no drop outs, faster connection, and apparent to me, faster internet service.

Comments
Australia On Line Official

Hi Ken, yes, some of these intermittent issues are difficult to identify, glad our persistence paid off. Cheers.

The Best there Is

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

NBN - They took all the pain out of connecting and now disconnecting and during the time I was with them they were the best I have ever dealt with. No issues at all with connections, timing, costs and the staff are just so bloody nice.

I can't recommend them highly enough.

• 2 comments
  • 2 helpful votes

Absolutely BRILLIANT

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 14, 2017

After Telstra did everything to obstruct my NBN connection to Australia On Line, I sought help from Aust on Line. Their tech support could not have been more friendly or helpful. In particular Michael Bethune was totally on the ball and sorted out everything for me. The connection is new and working flawlessly and I could not be more pleased!

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Customer Service at it's best!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2017

I have been with Australia Online since around 1996. Over this time we have moved, changed plans according to our needs and budget and in every instance, the local Australian service from Australia Online has been fantastic! This type of local service is a rarity these days....especially when it comes to telco providers! Couple this great service with products that are competitively priced, Australia Online is a great company to deal with AND it's wholly Australian owned!!
Thank you Australia Online........please continue to do what you do!
James - Noosa QLD

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Impressed with AOL's service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

I have had NBN with AOL since September 2014. They successfully brought my telephone number across from my previous ADSL provider when I was concerned that I'd lost the number. In whatever they've done for me, the AOL technicians have always been polite and have gone out of their way to help with my requests. I have recommended AOL to family and friends, based on their reasonable pricings, their great customer service, and their being an Australian company. I have only once lost my internet connection for a day or so (I believe the problem was with an different telco that the AOL service was connected to), and my mother's phone service has cut out a couple of times, but the problems are fixed quickly once reported. Yesterday, I emailed at 5:21pm to report my mum's phone line dropout, and by 6:12pm I'd received email notification that her phone service had been restored - so quick, even late in the afternoon. Good job AOL - I'm impressed with your service - thank you!

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Don't have to wait for good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I have a landline phone, ADSL internet, emails, business domain and website all bundled with Australia Online. I've been with them for more than 17 years.

I just love that I've never had to wait on the phone to receive good service.

Any time I've had a problem, (usually within a couple of minutes), I am speaking to one of their tech's. Unless it's a Telstra problem, it's usually resolved quickly and to my complete satisfaction in the one call.

This weekend on Saturday evening, I called because there had been no internet for the day. Got through straight away. They quickly confirmed that the problem was on the landline (probably at the local Telstra exchange). They advised that Telstra wouldn't be able to send a tech out over the weekend, but immediately set in motion a request to Telstra. (Quite understandable).

The Telstra man came this morning, checked things here, then went to the exchange and found the fault was there. All fixed!

Sure beats spending hours on the phone trying to get the Telstra Robot Woman to understand what my issue is and then being re-directed to the (usually wrong) department.

I don't know if the price I pay with Australia Online is good or bad. (I haven't compared it in years). All I know is that I get far more service for the dollar than I'd get anywhere else.

Pleased with the experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2017

Just connected to nbn from adsl with Australia on line and had no problems as is always expected with the guys who work for Lizzy. Always polite in explaining to a non tech like me,helpful and patient fixing any problem I have had and not only could they understand me I could understand them. Being FTTN and a long run of old cable I am pleased with 45mbs most of the time ang 18mbs peak

Sunshine Coast

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Do yourself a favour and choose AOL

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

We have not had ONE problem in dealing with AOL. Our AOL NBN service is fast, reliable, reasonably priced and the whole process of having the NBN connected was a breeze. After years of having to deal with Telstra in a Telstra only area on the Sunshine Coast (QLD) dealing with AOL is a breeze. We feel like we have dodged a bullet in choosing to go with AOL.

Best internet provider around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 29, 2017

Have been with Australia online for 5yrs now and have been very very happy with them..Would not go with anyone else..They are very polite and very helpful and understanding...Have recommended Australia online to all my family and friends and anyone who has asked who are a good Internet provider

Brisbane

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Very disappointing experience, to say the least.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

Very disappointing experience, unprofessional, unreliable, frustrating, inconvenient and happy to be rid of them.

Very inconsistent NBN speeds, unhelpful, unfriendly, discourteous to the point of rude and argumentative customer service/support.

Their NBN FTTN plan advertising and company policy says “up to 12 Mbps” yet we never ever achieved even close to that speed. Most of the time it was slightly above 10 Mbps or lower. In the evening during peak times we were lucky to get even that.

Asking a simple question over the phone or by email was frustrating and annoying with incomplete, impatient, terse replies and/or vague answers often without addressing the primary question. Paying money and trusting a service to be reliable and consistent isn't unreasonable. Drawing attention to a major problem and getting an arrogant, argumentative response several times in succession is.

After recently sending the disconnection notice email with the day we wanted disconnection, etc., per their own policy, then with no response from them per their own required acknowledgment/confirmation. Re-sent it twice more to each email address listed on their website until four days later we received their acknowledgement reply, but without any specific or even approximate time when the disconnection would or could occur.

Having gone over our NBN quota, we were shaped to 256 Kbps. Understood and not a problem, however since giving them notice to disconnect, that almost tolerable 256 Kbps became suspiciously worse and so inconsistent that a YouTube video was impossible to watch, web pages timed out or couldn't load completely and any attempts to use the internet became like a game of roulette instead, wondering if it could be used at all.

Both ozspeedtest.com and speedtest.net results were frequently even below dial-up speed (less than 56 Kbps). Sometimes ozspeedtest.com would simply stall and couldn't complete the test.

After one recent particular phone call, an AOL man obviously too impatient to even care about the meaning of sincere customer service, and our asking a simple question of an approximate time we’d be disconnected, ‘C’ claimed complete ignorance of the procedure and details and fobbed us off to ‘M’ the manager who’s “in charge of all that”. After asking to speak with ‘M’ was immediately interrupted and told he’s unavailable, and we "must reply to their disconnection acknowledgment email" instead..

This makes sense; why ask any questions to someone employed in their customer service conveniently over the phone, who claims complete ignorance of their operations, in order to realize wasting further time by already unreliable email communication is the better method? Thank you.

Had to then email ‘M’ three consecutive times asking the same simple questions, even asking if they could disconnect us sooner but each response was either vague, brusque and/or ignored the primary question in the first place.

So instead of being disconnected on the day we requested, and despite their own confirmation email we’d be disconnected on that day, we were still connected to AOL a full day and a half afterwards with average NBN speeds of slower than dial-up. In other words, we were stuck in a limbo technically still being billed for and paying for a service we wanted cancelled, and was practically unusable.

Most likely AOL will comment on this issue by saying they’re not responsible after they forward the disconnection order to NBN. However, if we hadn’t already experienced such deplorable service from AOL overall, the coincidence of molasses-like internet speed since giving notice, plus their subsequent lack of decent communication makes it hard not to be suspicious there may have been no disconnection order placed by them in time, as we initially requested, and instead perhaps playing a vindictive, immature game to inconvenience us even further, because it's just too coincidental.

We were on a month to month no contract plan. Yet AOL billed us for the last entire month and ‘M’ refused to give a partial refund of the remaining 19 days we would no longer be AOL customers after disconnection. Company policy aside, no other word comes to mind here except greed.

We've kept accurate screenshots of every ozspeedtest.com and speedtest.net results for several months, and are considering lodging a complaint with the TIO for false advertising claims and ignoring even the NBN's guarantee of acceptable internet speeds under contract. According to Australian Consumer Law - they've been charging for a service that we would not have purchased had we known about the problems, etc., and to investigate if they’ve been truthful in sending the disconnection order for our NBN service on time for the day we requested, and which they confirmed in writing it would be done.

Being very busy with a FIFO mine site working schedule, plus moving house made lodging a complaint earlier too difficult. But now we have time, and especially given the latest examples of nearly useless, suspiciously slower than dial-up speed service, combined with their version of untrustworthy, unreliable customer service as well.

From other comments here, it appears AOL are quick to defend themselves in some way or offer reassurances that they’re ‘doing their best’. Yet you’ll notice they rarely accept responsibility and still manage to blame someone or something else instead. This is also immature and unethical behavior for any business, and sadly yet another example of how prevalent on average poor services and customer service has become in this country. And ironically they still expect to be paid for it.

They had their chances to show their best towards us but proved the exact opposite of what any paying customer is reasonably entitled to receive. Similar to paying for something and getting slapped in the face instead. With only the facts in mind, it’s guaranteed at least no one we know will consider dealing with Australia Online after explaining our own issues with them, or other negative reviews listed here. Regardless of their previous reputation and mixture of any current reviews, people can change and they’re still the worst we’ve dealt with to date.

Thanks for your patience in reading this. Good luck in your own consideration of AOL, but also consider yourself warned.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Australia on Line provides tech support for Dummies too.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2017

I can't thank the Australia on Line Team enough, for guiding me seamlessly through my transition to my new internet setup and my Phone line connection, via NBN.
With no technical knowledge at all, this was a task that I'd dreaded but you made it happen with ease.
Thanks again to the Australia on Line Team.

• 1 answer

Exceptional customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

I transferred to Australia OnLine from Optus. The longest part of the wait was for NBN Co to come and do the FTTN as Im in a new estate. Had to make a call this morning to get my modem reset and its working perfectly so far. The staff Ive spoken with have been very professional and polite. Whilst Optus told me I would not be allowed to keep my home number Australia On Line were able to transfer it to my new address. Would highly recommend this company to others.

• 2 helpful votes

Excellent Service and Price

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 13, 2017

Recently connected to NBN (FTTN) with Australia On Line. All of my dealings with them have been excellent. The package price was very good for what I required, with no lock in contract. Had a couple of technical issues to start, but they were quickly sorted by the helpful support staff who are Australian and speak English you can understand! The most I have had to wait to speak to someone was about 2 minutes. Wow what a difference from the big providers. Thoroughly recommend you give them a go!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

1 of 4 pages

I have been waiting for about a month o be connected with Aussie Broadband and was thinking of signing up with Australia Online...How quickly do they connect people on the NBN? Thanks..

Manny asked on Jul 30, 2017

Answer this

Hi, We forward orders swiftly through to NBN Co in doing so we minimise activation times.
Having said this, once the order is in the hands of the NBN, there's not much any provider can do to accelerate the NBN process.
Give us a call, we'd be interested in finding out what kind of NBN delivery is involved and what advice you've been given.

Hey I'm not sure how quick it would be as I don't have the nbn where I am yet but I'm guessing it would be quick if u have nbn in your area give them a go u will not be disappointed at all

Looks lime the reviews are pretty good. I have a question...the company's website looks suspiciously like the Belong internet site and the home phone plans they offer with ADSL are the same as what telstra offer. Telstra owns Belong and i have a feeling they own Australia On Line.....can anyone prove me wrong on this?

Massica1910 asked on Jul 03, 2017

Answer this

I'm not sure who owns it but every time I ring I get one of two very helpful men. I don't have to go indepth as to who I am as they are familiar with my file. I had a bit of a delay getting contacted as we are a new estate and NBN had to connect. But Australian online kept me updated along the way and I didn't get monthly charges until I was fully connected

Australia On Line has been going since 1994, before Telstra was even supplying Internet.
You can check the following History of the Australian Internet for confirmation of this, http://www.rogerclarke.com/II/OzIHist.html#RTFToC12
I'm not sure that I see the similarity between the Belong website and ours, but I'll take it as a compliment that our presentation is comparable to that of
a much larger company (Belong/Telstra).
No, we are not part of Belong/Telstra.
Regards

17.6.17 Hi Australian On Line We are looking for ADSL 2+ for a suburb at Marden South Australia 5070 with the fastest speed for fast download, can you recommend a few providers that can provide the faster speed in this suburb Marden in South Australia. thanks please send your reply to - [email protected]

Lily asked on Jun 17, 2017