Filter By:

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

I've NBN cable with Aust Online. Their support line is responsive and the service is fast and reliable with no appreciable slow down in the evenings. The router is a tp-link VR1600V which was a good deal for $59 with two wifi networks. The included home phone service connects via the modem and I was able to keep my current phone number.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Smooth move to NBN 10/10

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

Had a smooth move to NBN. We've been customers of Australia On Line since dial up, then ADSL and now NBN.
I heard so many horror stories about how bad NBN was and how people were without internet or phone for weeks.
Not so with Australia On Line. We ordered NBN, they texted the activation date. We received the modem prior to the date. On the specified date we plugged the NBN modem before we went to work, came home from work and NBN was up and going and our home phone service had already moved over as well! Didn't even have to take time off to meet an NBN tech or anything. Really easy.

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

They've really batted for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

NBN isn't perfect, in fact wouldn't it have been great if they'd just stuck with the original plan of running fibre everywhere? Seems the Government sold us that it would be free to the tax payer because it would pay its own way. Now that it's inevitably cost more the Government insists NBN lives within its means and so they're trying to save a buck any which way they can. Long and short, my Node is way further away than the Government every promised it would be. More copper run to the Node, more problems, less speed, NBN being a monopoly, no provider can change this. Still, Australia On Line have really gone into bat for me and hard with NBN, refusing to take their denials and pushing it right back at NBN, making them fix copper problems, that the Government always said they'd fix but somehow now the NBN is less willing to do. So yeah, good on you Australia On Line. Of course I'd like to get 100Mbps ;-), but the 21Mbps I'm reliably getting on the 25Mbps plan is way better than my neighbours, so pretty happy.

Top ISP!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

For years I found all internet companies the same, you'd be on hold forever and end up speaking to someone who just wanted to get rid of you. Not with my current provider Australia on line. I'm a happy customer.

Parafield Gardens

• 3 helpful votes

This company rocks

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2018

I recently made the switch from another ISP to Australia On Line.
I'd checked them out online, they looked pretty good and had been around a while so they weren't likely to go in a puff of smoke like my last provider.
I wish I'd made the change sooner. They kept me informed each step of the way during the change over.
The service is fast, reasonably priced and the staff are all local to either Melbourne or Sydney so I can actually understand them!
Do yourself a favour, check them out.

Charlestown

Honest customer reps

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

I've found Australia online's staff to be honest and helpful.
I've recently spoken to a few providers, casting around seeing who I should commit to.
Most of the providers I spoke to will just tell me anything just to close the sale.
I was particularly burnt recently when the largest company was telling me that I had to go with them to keep my phone number, not so as it turned out.
In contrast, Australia Online's staff are concerned with having a happy customer in the long term,
not just trying to make the sale, so they told me what to expect realistically and what issues I may have to deal with to get the best, experience.
I'm very happy.

Great for the last 6 years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2018

I've been with Australia On Line for 6 years, most recently on NBN.
Happy to be with Australia On Line, prompt, efficient service. Calls answered promptly. Any issues get followed up. Good pricing and I'm talking to someone in the same country. Keep it up!

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

2 rings and I'm talking to a human!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

Such a relief to call Australia On Line and being talking to a human and a local at that!
These days i just get expect to ring a company and have an unintelligible voice at the other end, oh so polite but unable to swing a cat or actually solve anything! With Australia On Line I get to talk to someone who can actually make things happen. They seem to train their staff so that they can deal with anything, accounts, tech the lot. None of this , "I'll have to transfer you to the right area" rubbish. I'm going to stay with these guys a long while.

Ipswich

24 Hour support!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

My previous provider Fusenet, 5pm Friday and bang, they're closed for the weekend. Happy to change to Aust On Line, speeds are good, decent price. and they're there when you need them and speak Aussie too. When their office is closed they respond to emails, seems like 24 hours a day.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Gone with someone that will stick around

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2018

Was with Boom who dumped me across to Activ8me, got with Mungi, then bang they're gone. So I've gone with a stayer this time. Oz online's been going so long we used to have dial up with them.I hate rushing around just to stay online because my latest ISP has crashed out and lose what's paid in advance. NBN change over was OK and speeds are good.

Sydney

• 2 answers
  • 9 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Super Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2018

Based on reviews Australia On Line was my choice after Boom Broadband disappeared. It was a good choice. They agreed to identical terms as Boom and it was a seamless transition. Several days later some sites were slow to load so I contacted OzOnline who immediately tested the download and took steps to rectify the situation. Their support crew were extraordinary. Company manager Michael called me several times to ensure that the slow downloads were fixed and the techs setup continual speed testing to ensure the problem was solved. All Australian tech support, and the service was way beyond my expectations. I recommend Australia On Line 100%.

Consistently good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2018

I've been with Aust online for more than 10 years. Started with dial up, then ADSL and recently moved to NBN with them. In that time they've been consistently good, not just once or twice, but the whole time. Consistently good speeds, consistently helpful on the phone, consistently patient with an older tech phobe like me. My friends complain about Telstra and I don't understand why they stay with them, I tell them, you don't have to put up with them.

Mornington

Amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2018

Amazing service from this provider. We're always speaking to the same people, from start to finish, so we don't have to go over everything from the beginning all over again. Calls get answered quickly, we're not waiting forever on hold. Great that we get to talk to locals. High recommended.

Ferny Grove

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Knowledgeable responsive staff that follow up

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 17, 2018

Migrated to NBN about a year ago. Getting good speeds, reliable internet, reasonable value.
Had some initial issues with the supplied router that was promptly replaced.
We've been with Australia On Line since dial up.
Wouldn't go with anyone else.
We talk to the same people when we call who know what's going on. Well done Nic, Chris and the rest of the team.

Cremorne

• 1 helpful vote

Definitely not Telstra!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

My internet was down for 2 weeks. Telstra had arranged to send out a tech but I'd have to wait for a week or more.
My techy neighbour came over, logged into the config page of my modem and worked out that it had dropped its config and all we needed to do was put my bigpond username and password back in. presto back online. So Telstra were going to send out a tech to do that? They could have done that over the phone. I was so unhappy I gave them the flick there and then and went back to my old ISP that I'd had dialup with back in the day. They got me online, no fuss and I've been happy since!

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Best provider - don't they ever sleep?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 12, 2018

I couldn't sleep. Flicked an email to ozzy online support that I'd been meaning to send for ages about connecting my security cam to the wifi. Didn't expect to hear back till at least business hours. 10 minutes latter, ding goes my email in reply. I'm impressed.

7 day phone support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I was looking for good NBN price and good service.
I crossed off all the larger providers as they all have overseas call centres and some don't even have decent pricing.
Looking at the smaller providers there are a very few with good prices and good reviews, but most are only available on the phone 9 to 5.
How can you have good service when I can't call you if I'm having problems in the evening and you're not there!
I've been with Australia On Line now for 12 months, good prices and 7 day phone support.
I'm happy to say that after 12 months of being with them, they have good speeds, reliable internet as well as great support.

Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

This provider rocks!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 08, 2018

Such a relief to talk to locals and understand and be understood. Our NBN is fast and solid. On the rare occasion we've had to ring up, we've spent little time, if any, on hold. Happy we went with AustOnLine.

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Where have you been all these years?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Can't speak too highly of these guys. I had some issues initially, but I was called directly by a manager, as any issues get flagged to management it seems, who then pulled out all stops. Problem solved. I can't speak highly enough of these guys. Their long years of experience really shows in getting customer service right.

Been great for 15 years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

I've been with Australia On Line since dialup and then ADSL. Always friendly, always patient and rock solid affordable internet. I love we don't pay phone line rental anymore with NBN!

1 of 7 pages