Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 16 helpful votes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Fast and rapid service, seamless delivery process. I ordered 3 boxes from Illinois, once received by the Shopmate warehouse, they appeared in my delivery portal and were on their way within 24 hours after payment of the shipping charges. Tracking was the same as if it was a local AusPost delivery. Shipping is reasonably expensive however on par with other international delivery services and offset by the much cheaper cost and availability of the items from the US. I would definitely use them again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive impressions Jondo,

The worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I had a parcel from USA forwarded through Shopmate - They have the worst service ever, it has been months and the parcel has not arrived. Auspost don't know where it is and apparently they don't know how to deliver to their own parcel locker addresses.

Read the other reviews of this service and be very wary.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Fitzy,

I'm really sorry that your parcel hasn't been delivered yet. I'll send you a Private Message in a moment to get the details to see what I can find for you.

Slow service & no updates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I ordered my item & was delivered to shop mate quickly, they received delivery details as of 16th of Nov, 10 days later still no update so when I call to enquire I am told that there has been a problem with all shipments dated the 16th - The employee I was speaking with advised that the container is either in Vancouver or Singapore - but the Americans won't give us more information, the Americans just ignore our requests for info...are you seriously blaming 'the Americans'. AusPost shouldn't employ a service like ShopMate if 'the Americans" are so hard to deal with and yes I meant to say employ as I was also told that AusPost do not own or operate ShopMate it is a Singaporean company! Eventually got an update that my item had arrived in Australia on the 1st of Dec now it's taken another week for them to give me an update on where exactly in Australia it is..Pathetic.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Annoyed, I don't blame you for being so upset about this experience. I am really sorry that your parcel has taken so much longer than it should have to get to you. I have been advised that the ... read more »

Hobart

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

Freight hassles and missing goods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Ordered three parcels to be delivered to Oregon warehouse. Was advised by Shopmate that the first had arrived - confirmed from suppliers that the other two were signed for but ShopMate could not locate. Upon investigation they stated that my account had been closed!? No explanation as all transactions had happened with a 30 day time frame. Warehouse staff located and amalgamated - was unable to process outbound declaration as their website does not work on Mac operating systems. Took delivery of this shipment yesterday - they have lost 1 of the 3 parcels. This Shopmate product is not ready for commercial use.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Why would they develop a web site that only works on Windows?

Australia Post Official

Hi Harvey, What a terrible experience. I can assure you that this experience is not usual! If the items were sent as a multi-parcel consignment, it's possible that the third parcel is still in tra... read more »

Hi Alice - thanks for this follow up. I rec'd an email from Shop Mate with an additional Star Track con note link but when you select it to get specific info, nothing happens. I went straight to ... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Terrible Service, do not use it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

So I used the Shopmate service for the second time the other day, I bought children's clothes from Ralph Lauren USA for a total amount of USD65. I had an email come in the other day saying that my goods are 'awaiting custom clearance and that I needed to show proof of invoice' before it can be forward to me. A customer service agent I spoke to over the phone assured me it was just routine for them to do that saying it was not Austpost by customs are the one requesting it.

Cut the story short, the next e-mail I got basically told me that I am required me to pay $250 AUD so a certified custom agent can inspect my parcel otherwise my parcel will be destroyed according to the Australia Biosecurity Act. There was no other option available! This is ridiculous because one, why should I be the one to cover the cost? two, they (Austpost) have already repacked my order in their USA Warehouse.. I jokingly told the agent over the phone that if there were drugs in there it's probably their own staff that put it there.

So just like that my USD65.00 order plus my AUD45 shipping that I paid for went down the drain just like that.. So guys, save yourself the money and go have a nice dinner tonight out in the city. Cheers!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sadz,

This all sounds pretty unusual - have you got your case number from when you called so I can take a look into it please?

Roxy

Tell me about it. Now we have a agent replying to me here saying this is all unusual and no clue what is going on.. Here you go, knock yourself out.

Australia Post - Case: 14877579.

**UPDATE: Guess what guys? my parcel arrived today out of nowhere instead of being destroyed according to the so-called Australia Biosecurity Act -__-" ....I am guessing this whole custom story is... read more »

No updates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

I thought I’d give this a test as they’re Aus Post, but what a grave mistake that was. My item left the US and was confirmed it hit our shores on the 16th. It took 2-3 says to travel from the US to Australia, which is great. However it’s the 25th now and still no package. The latest update on the website is from the 16th, Shipping Approved. Shipping is their core service and they can’t even manage this.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Serdar, This isn't good to hear! I can definitely take a look into this and see if I can find out what's happening, though I'll need some more information from you. I've sent you a private mess... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Overpriced, horrible website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Website barely works in most browsers.
Pricing seems to be a flat rate of 50 dollars for any package of any size.
They refuse to bundle almost anything.
Extremely frustrating and expensive.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi avdqef, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We recommend using Google Chrome as we find this is the best browsing experience for the ShopMate site. We never want customers to be caught out by an... read more »

Sydney

• 7 helpful votes

Overpriced & slow

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

I wish I had read the reviews before using this service. The cost of redirecting to Australia almost cost as much as the product I ordered. That wouldn't be so bad if the speed of delivery reflected the premium paid.

Its been a week since the package was processed to send out & the tracking is not showing anything new. I wonder how long this will actually take.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Simmo, I'm sorry the postage costs were a little more than you were anticipating. We always recommend checking out our postage calculator so you've got an idea: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ Regardi... read more »

• 2 helpful votes

Pointless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

We usually use an American based mailing company and thought we would support an Aussie service. In the end we had to send our package back to the American company as ShopMate had restrictions to send it over. Waste of time

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this caught you out unaware Sophie.

For future reference, we do list the restrictions on our website here: http://auspo.st/119MVte

• 3 helpful votes

Awful experience.... never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I shop in the US all the time, I usually use Borderfree or another shipping agent who is happy to work with you to reduce cost to send to you and has really reasonable fees and they courier via commercial courier services. Shopmate do not explain they use domestic postage services, and there is NO WAY of trying to figure out what you will have to pay as you can't possible know the dimensions of packages they are sending and weights. So far I have a bill of over $300, and will likely have to pay to have them return some items they refuse to ship which I didn't realise as I have never had an issue with other services before (ie. fragrances). I could have brought it all here in Australia in David Jones, had it gift wrapped in gold leaf and delivered on a flying unicorn for the prices they want to charge me!!! Seriously doubting I will get them in time for christmas also and now have no presents.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nessa, I'm sorry to hear that ShopMate didn't meet your service requirements. I know it doesn't help now, but you can find a list of items you can't have sent via ShipMate here http://auspo.st/... read more »

Wish I Read Reviews First

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I really wish i read reviews on here first before using shopmate. I ordered some paper from the us as you cant get it here and some wooden blocks 5cm very small and then to bring it back to Australia my bill is $107.00. The pricing that is on their website and the final amount that you are actually billed is very different.
You have been warned...

Bowral

Private message

Slow, painful, terrible service and communication. Current case# 14575407 after multiple case number

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

After 4 months and well over 20 emails (given automated responses to my q's/concerns) my 8 packages were finally released after the 3 month period I was charged over $200 in storage fees.. They refused to send the items back to the senders. I needed these goods in a timely fashion and as it is taking an extremely lengthy period of time I have repurchased most of the items and no longer need them.
No one will help or respond to any emails. This has been living hell as it is over $5000.

They refused to combine a single order as it was unfortunately sent in 2 packages with only 1 very small lightweight item in the second package and charged $55 shipping for a lightweight $20 PJ pants GRRRRRRRRRR. Not sure what customs will do as there is no documentation in the second box of 2 different orders. I have used shopmate for many years and they are not easy to communicate with but this is severely disappointing and expensive nightmare for me.

It has been 4 months and who knows if and when I will ever receive my 8 orders that I no longer require.

FVR

December 1st 2017 Update: Regency Customs / Vanguard Logistics Services (AUST) Pty Ltd

After 4 months of all communication being ignored with automated responses and wanting my parcel to be returned to sender due to unacceptable time frame. Finally it become available through shopmate now my parcel is being held at some customs broker who want more money to release my package. Even after shopmate charged over $200 in late fees even after not releasing my packages as They wouldn't allow me to pay for them for 3 months.

Tracking # 00093493040001711541.

Do not recommend
Definitely not worth it

Ps- this is my second reveiw. There were 1148 people who reviewed shopmate as terrible now it is 348????? Where did all the reveiws disappear to????????

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi FVR, it's disappointing to hear about the trouble you've had with getting your ShopMate orders and I totally appreciate why you'd be upset. Given there are so many orders and case numbers, I s... read more »

Very expensive!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I ordered two bras. The cost of these came to $55 USD. My shop mate fees were $22.95 per item, plus a weight charge of about $14.85 and $19.80 for each item. I did get a bundling discount for getting the two items shipped together of $7.50. I've payed $73.05 to ship these items. There was no way to calculate how much this service was going to cost - if there was I wouldn't have used this service. Very expensive for the service being provided!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Anne, I'm sorry these charges caught you out unaware - we don't want our customers to get unexpected bills like this and want them to be sure they're using a product that suits them. If you do ... read more »

Bayswater

Very expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I decided to use the Australia Post Shop Mate parcel forwarding when an item I wanted was not available in Australia and the seller would not post to Australia. A small light package that cost $7.00 US to post to Shop Mate has cost $42.00 to send to Australia. never again will I use that service.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ian,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear the postage charges have caught you out unaware. We definitely always recommend checking our FAQs and postage guides before going ahead so you can be sure this is the service for you: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Melbourne

Rubbish expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I thought I would give this a go as it was Australia post and should be painless and fast.
It was expensive, slow and they won’t repack to reduce the size of the package to reduce costs.
Lesson learnt I have gone back to using Borderlinx, cheaper, faster and repack.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mark,

Roxy

Hi Roxy Thank you for the patronising comment about reading about the charges, I did by the way read them and it was still more than I expected, pity you failed to address the slow service to get t... read more »

Pretty good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Received my parcel from the USA today, pretty good service, just make sure that you know the weight or size of the parcel you are getting, as the size can add a few dollars more to the invoice. Don't just go by the weight.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing this Karen :)

Very slow- 4 weeks and still waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

My package was delivered to the Shopmate warehouse 4 weeks ago today. I still haven't received it or a firm delivery date. The tracking is really uninformative, apparently my package was processed in Chullora last Monday but over a week to Sydney metro is really slow.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Craig,

It definitely sounds like this parcel is taking longer than normal to reach you. I've sent you a private message to get some more details - please get back to me there when you can.

Too expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

Bought a hat and t-shirt from the U.S, the shipping bill alone from aus post costed $63au. What a rip off, could have gone via fedex for less half that price!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Champ, Oh, I'm sorry to hear the postage charges have caught you out unaware. We definitely always recommend checking our FAQs and postage guides before going ahead so you can be sure this is t... read more »

One star is way too kind!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

My package arrived in Australia on the 3rd of October and has sat with Shopmate ever since, I have called them continuously and have basically been told it's not their problem and i should talk to customs, talking to customs is impossible and in any case i have engaged Auspost to deliver my package it should be Auspost following up with customs not me! My customs broker has done absolutely everything possible to also try and get my package delivered, whereas Auspost have done nothing! My advise is don't ever use Shopmate as the service is abysmal!!
Further to this they gave my details to a third party company who contacted me unsolicited to offer their customs broking services. This part i will be taking up with the privacy commissioner...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi R.H, This is all quite concerning and I totally understand why you'd be frustrated with what's happening (or lack thereof). It sounds like you've already got a case going for this one, so I'm ... read more »

Shop Hell

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Package has been sitting at American post site for 20 days. No one can help me at Australia post, you never get the same person twice. No one seems to understand the process of the service they're meant to be supporting. No answers to questions. I'm loosing my mind not being able to clear an item from US customs but no one can tell me why or how to solve the issue. What ever you do, find a US service and don't use this one. If I ever get my package home I wont be using shop hell again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi killmenow,

Please refer to our private message thread regarding this situation.

1 of 26 pages