Total Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jinx,

I'm sorry to hear about your ShopMate experience. If you have a case number from when you've contacted us, send it to me in a private message and I'll take a look at it and make sure all correct processes have been followed.

Truganina

Private message

Thank god I read these reviews before joining up!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

This is a case of learning from other peoples experiences. No hope of me ever using this service! Thank you product review and the people who have taken their time to write a review.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're here to help if you ever need assistance with any of our products.

If you ever want your package - Don't use SHOPMATE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have a small business and which is currently on hold because of this very unreliable and inefficient service. I've been repeatedly told by staff at the call centre my package would be delivered and I've been eating for WEEKS! They promise to return phone and not once have i received a call back. Don't use this service it's a sham and doesn't work and it's seriously affected my small business which is currently unable to function because I can't get a package delivered which is just sitting in Sydney at a warehouse and no one seems to be able to scan the box and put it on a truck - which I would think is a standard function of a delivery service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi FiB222,

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened with your ShopMate order. If you'd like to send me a private message with the tracking number and your case number I'll have someone from our ShopMate team take a look and get back to you.

Horrifically expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I needed a replacement part for an insulated drink bottle that only ships within the US. Total weight maybe 100g wrapped. ShopMate only shows you the cost of your shipment after it arrives. They weighed the package at 500g and estimated $27.90 to ship it. The drink bottle itself cost less than that to ship from the States, including the purchase price. I will use a different remailer service in future. Please warn your parents against ShopMate because they are surely its target market.

Perfect and surprisingly quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Looks like my experience is rare, but I found the entire process incredibly easy and highly successful. It took longer for my package to get from it's US origin to the warehouse in Portland than it did to get from the US to Australia. Which just shows how quick AusPost was, as the entire process (from ordering to delivery) took 2 and a half weeks. Price ended up being cheaper than what the estimator provided and everything (large amount of skincare) arrived in perfect condition. After reading a lot of these comments I opted to pay the extra $5 for insurance, and despite having a fantastic experience I would still recommend getting it, just in case. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Liv!

Sydney

Verified Purchase

Horrific service, lost package

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Ordered an item from the US which arrived in the Shopmate warehouse no problem however once the item was shipped from the warehouse to Australia the issues started to appear. Firstly, after 10 days, the tracking did not update. I called up and they assumed the package has been lost in transit. I will update if there is any improvements however so far the package is still lost. The only thing the support team said is that they will hope the package will arrive... useless...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your order yet. Can you please let me know what the case number is from when you called so I can take a look at it please?

12380687 Ticket says resolved, however this is most definitely not resolved

Great communication, far too expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Communication was great - easy to set up, plenty of emails letting me know when the package was sent and when it'd arrive. Professional.

Cost was another thing altogether. I bought two headphone cords at a combined weight of 60 grams and about 10 cm x 10 cm in a small package. No indication of cost, so I took a punt. It cost me $28. Just too much for such a small package, even considering handling costs.

I'd only use them again if I was completely desperate to get a package sent.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing this Adam :)

We always recommend customers check out our FAQ section on the ShopMate website which can help with estimating costs: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Brisbane

• 2 comments

ShopMate = ShopHate close to Zero customer support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I set up a ShopMate account, first article that arrived at my suite has been flagged as OVERSIZE... time to bend over and take the ShopHate treatment.
My mistake, I arranged shipping of an article to my ShopHate suite & then checked dimension/weight limits.

After setting up an account & booking the service I then checked the online shipping calculator for an estimate. I realised then that my article could be OVERSIZE according to ShopHate limitations. I contacted the vendor I purchased the item from (Amazon USA) but they had no way to ver
ify packaging size or weight. I did google searches & the item looked like it would possibly meet ShopHate requirements (definitely under maximum weight but I could not confirm dimensional data of the article). I emailed ShopHate as soon as I anticipated a concern to advise the item "might be oversize" when it arrives as I could only estimate the dimensions. I was advised they would consider repackage the articles to meet requirements at a small fee.
I left this phone conversation feeling confident the matter had been resolved.

But..... No surprise when the article was flagged as oversize by 6cm! ShopHate has a 105cm maximum Length (actual length of unconfirmed article size has been measured at 111cm)

I contacted customer support & after no acceptable solution was offered by ShopHate I asked for the item to ship the article domestically to MyUS suite, I also emailed the domestic shipping details & quote to ShooHate under the concern number they provided me (MyUS is the same type of international shipping service but they do not have dimensions limits & charge only by the weight of the package).

The online domestic road shipping quote by FedEx from ShopHate to MyUS was USD$45.17 (Also MyUS international shipping quote to Australia was over USD$50 less than the original ShopHate quote).

ShopHate have now (after several times that I have followed up with emails & phone calls) sent me a domestic shipping quote of AUD$171 to ship by road to MyUS freight forwarder.

I contacted ShopHate again & asked why the item can't be sent with FedEX at USD$45, the response was we only use UPS AUD$171

So in short, ShopHate has be bent over a barrel and doing a remake of Pulp Fiction at my expense.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had with your ShopMate order. If you can please share your case number with me I'd be happy to have one of our ShopMate team members review it and... read more »

12195582

12195582- still MORE problems

I will email AustPost again with details

Dealing with shopmate is like living in a distopian Monty Python novella.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

Sent me a an invoice with arrival date. I paid their fee. Month later nothing. I called them. A jar of metallic paint flakes is being held at the warehouse in the states. After a few calls they asked for a Data Sheet for paint flakes. Seriously? I sent it. No response. Week later, told they'll get back to me. 4th time. Not holding my breath. Pretty bad..Meanwhile, I've got a job on the bench costing me money and a customer waiting.

HERE'S AN UPDATE: See how many contradictions you can pick, also remember they've taken my money and I've sent
them all relevant documents.
*Note: this is a single email body of text. "It maka no sense!"

Update for Investigation - 11989367
Hi Steve

Thank you for your patience whilst the team in the Shopmate Warehouse have been reviewing your parcel.

Unfortunately we are unable to ship this to Australia and we are unable to arrange for a carrier to collect your parcel to take it to any other location in the US, as we are unable to confirm that the contents of the parcel are not dangerous.

Dear Steve

Thank you for contacting us about your ShopMate account. I am happy to assist you with information today.

I am very sorry that it has taken us longer than anticipated to get back to you. We are currently experiencing higher than normal enquiry's, and are working hard to make sure that we get back to our customers as soon as we can.

At this point you have three options which are;

1. Request that the full package or only the prohibited items be discarded (a $5 fee applies)
2. Request that the US warehouse returns the package to the merchant - for them to do this you will need to provide us with a returns label. This can be obtained from the merchant. (Postage fees will need to be paid by the merchant or yourself in addition to the Return Handling fee of $5)

For option 2, please also advise the value of the contents of the package and a contact number for the sender

I’m sorry that we are unable to ship this item to Australia for you. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,
Andrew E
Australia Post

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Stevel,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had getting your paint order. I've reached out to our ShopMate team and have requested someone contact you as soon as possible to discuss this, so you should hear from them soon.

Private message

It won't accept my Australian address!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

I tried to set up my delivery address. The address fields have a maximum character length of 12 so it either rejects or abbreviates names and street names etc. Totally useless.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Rob, That sounds a little unusual. Is this a Parcel Locker address you're trying to use? As a work around, you could try abbreviating your name to a first initial and your last name, for exampl... read more »

I discussed with the ShopMate team who came up with an abbreviated version that I wouldn't feel comfortable using. Isn't a 12 character limit for a name or address field too restrictive?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I ordered 2 Separate shipments and both arrived as per the expected date quoted,I am definitely going to use the service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Vicky! Enjoy :)

Kalgoorlie

Good experience with Shopmate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Brad, appreciate it. Glad you like the service.

Roxy

Just to follow up, my second parcel showed up the next day as expected.

1 of 38 pages

Hi there, could you help to check what's the update on my parcel (RT363341463HK)? Thank you so much. Daisy

DAISY asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Daisy,

I'm pleased to see this was delivered on the 12th.

Roxy

My item was delivered by DHL on the 15/6/17. ShopMate says it'll take 1-2 business days for me to receive an email to pay my shipping back to Australia. It's been 5 business days and I still haven't received anything. It's a birthday gift (shoes. so it's nothing dangerous) and an expensive one as well so I'm a bit worried. My ShopMate account says nothing... DHL is no longer showing me the delivery because it's already delivered. The only proof I have is from the website that I purchased the item off. I've clicked on "My Shopping" in ShopMate and it says "Your parcel will appear here within 48 hours after it arrives at our warehouse" but I have not seen anything.

phtven asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi phtven,

It can take a few days for orders to appear in your ShopMate account. If it's still not there, give the team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll take a look into it for you.

Roxy

I have a package which has been deem as high value, what should I do if I wish to continue using shopmate? I have already got a case number 12145396, waiting your reply.

Macin asked on Jun 21, 2017

Hi Macin,

Looks like our ShopMate team has been in touch with you :)

See all 66 questions about Australia Post Shopmate