Filter By:

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Great service and great staff

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

Everyone here is bagging out Australia Post, but I generally have no issues with them. I'm currently using ShopMate and the experience has been very simple and easy. Australia Post wise, the drivers are friendly, the support on the phone is reasonable and friendly (actually just talking to one a moment ago for the third time has made me want to come here to express my thanks) and I haven't had any bad experiences with them. Postal services always have their delays and things they can't help but they can't just be smashed for it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Mikey,

Thank you sharing your feedback with us, it's great to hear. we hope you have a great week.

• 3 helpful votes

Its a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

I used the service for a $25 bag.

At no point do they seek to show you their exorbitant fee. You order to the address they give you, they email to tell you that it has arrived and that it will be more than $80 for them to post it, thank you very much.

It is essentially a scam, they could easily have you tick off a little "I agree" box outlining their rates upfront, but they know that no one would. They rely in suckers who assume that Australia Post is the type of company you can trust to act in good faith. You can't.

Avoid, avoid, avoid,

And if you have used the service please write to the ACCC and the Minister for Communication about this unconscionable practice.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Met, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm sorry to hear that the ShopMate shipping fees caught you off guard. The fee you receive to have your item sent to you from our warehouse is made up ... read more »

• 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Cost too high and slow delivery.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

I wont use Aus Post again. Firstly the cost is too high. I tested the shopping against international shipping via another provider and it costs far less. Secondly the I have been waiting a month and have still not recieved my parcel. With a high shipping cost of $50 or more for a small package weighing less than 750gm. The total shipping I have paid is over $60 as you still have to pay for the company to send the parcel you the ShopMate warehouse as well as the ShopMate fees. I would expect quicker and prompt service for a high shipping cost. ShopMate is not the best way in my opinion. Do your research and look at other options.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Hollyhock76, Thank you for sharing your thoughts, it's a shame to hear that this service didn't meet your needs and concerning to hear that you still have an outstanding item. I've sent you a... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Not at all worth the price

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

Wish I found these reviews before I used it. Not at all worth the price. Was shipping from somewhere that delivered to Australia just at a high price. shopmate was dramatically more expensive than the shipping from the US store to Australia. If you have no option, like the store does not ship to Australia at all, then maybe it is of some use but overall you pay a crazy amount.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Shaun,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it's a shame to hear this service didn't suit your needs and expectations.

Excessive Freight Charges

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Initially the concept of the Shipmate service seemed very helpful but the freight charges are ridiculous. The contents of my package (shoes and briefs) weighed 1.472 kg including the shoe box. The freight charge was $67.56.
Now that Amazon and other retailers ship to Australia I can not recommend this service

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Cornesy12, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience with the Shopmate service. It's disappointing to hear that this didn't meet your needs and tha... read more »

What does “cubic weight” even mean? The base shipping rate is more than adequate to cover freight costs. Very disappointing and even more disappointing that you persist in attempting to justify it.

• 5 comments

A con

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2019

The prices are disgusting for such a pathetically slow service. Charge by size instead of weight so you're at the mercy of the sender's packing abilities. Classic Australia Post though, I'm not surprised to be honest.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it's disappointing to hear that this service didn't meet your expectations. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahea... read more »

Thanks Sami but the FAQ page isn't much help. I could potentially input the item's weight and dimensions but those details are irrelevant to Shopmate costs as the item is sent packaged. Total dimen... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

DO NOT use SHOPMATE: hidden fineprint costs (1.1kg will cost you over $100! with slow ETA)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2019

Don' be fooled. Stay clear of this service. BE CAREFUL of shipping rates advertised (nice looking table of example shipping cost) BUT I guarantee that you will actually pay 200-250% more.
Shipping cost for the service is more than double of other services available to Australia, but slower ETA and charges 10% GST of your product values in addition to service fee per package which is usually free service for other shipping services. Customer rep was very rude. Chose Aus service to support Australian business but will NOT USE this service ever again.
Fails to look after citizens/residents and charging ridiculous cost, slow sub-optimal service after package arrives in warehouse in USA takes minimum 2 days to notify you of arrival.
As usual reply by AusPost employee seen on this website - when you inquire with customer service asking why cost so much - the answer you get is "YOUR FAULT: you should have read the website carefully" and not acknowledging misleading and convoluted information they represent on their websites.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Tara,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. I'm sorry this service didn't suit your needs and that the information wasn't easy to find on the website.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Light-weight items cost a fortune due to charge by box volume

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 02, 2019

I understand international shipping is expensive and some items don't ship to Australia so a forwarding service like Shopmate is valuable. However, I bought a hollow Christmas tree bauble from Disney and the total weight of the package was 800g with box etc. The charge by Shopmate, however, was calculated on their base rate ($20) + over 5kg because they use the cubic volume of the box to work out costings, even if it's stuffed with air, foam etc., as light, delicate items are so they don't break. $90 to ship a $30 bauble in a box weighing 800g! Absolute rip-off unless you can be certain the item is not packed in a bigger box! They need to revert to shipping by weight, which is pretty standard for postal services on small parcels.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle, Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it's a shame to hear that this service didn't meet your needs. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go a... read more »

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

So slow and a waste of money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2018

Order was received by ShopMate in US in October. I sent several emails - sent on average 3 until I received 1 (usually useless) response from ShopMate. It is now 23rd December and I still have not received what I ordered. Also additional charges incurred that were not outlined when I signed up. I will NEVER use this service again - such a waste of time and money. and yes I read the information and FAQs prior to using ShopMate - I only wish I had thought to read these reviews so I could have avoided this whole process entirely.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Laura,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your item yet. I've sent you a message for some more details so I can follow this up for you.

• 3 comments

Parcel tracking

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

My parcel arrived at shopmate's hud in Oregon 9 days ago. I paid the postage within a few hours of its arrival. After 9 days there is still no tracking updates and the parcel does not seem to have moved. I have spoken with Australia post, they dont know where the parcel is but have opened an investigation. Someone will contact me within 14days!! Glad im not in a hurry for this stuff

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Brett, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, it's a shame to hear that you haven't gotten your item yet and I apologise for the delay in getting back to you about this.... read more »

Update!! I still have not recieved my item. Several people i have spoken with have said that will open an investigation and get back to me.. not one has got back to me! I ordered another item fro... read more »

Update!! Apparently my parcel was delivered to a blond haired lady in her 40's wearing shorts and a t shirt at my address. I live alone! Im not female and do not fit that description. So at this... read more »

• 18 comments

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Missing Again. Pay for premium service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

Once again I am chasing up Austpost/Shopmate on a parcel that is overdue. We pay a premium for their service but they fail miserably, not just the service but support.

Shopmate were very good in this case, item delivered to Shopmate, I received notification next working day, paid and sent copy of invoice 2 Dec and the notification it is being sent the next day.

The parcel arrives in AU 10 Dec and clear customs, all good but not received. I received a notification a query has been raised 12 Dec so I ring Austpost who duly informed that that was them forwarding the invoice but it was with StarTrack for delivery. New player.

One week later no parcel and no delivery so I ring Austpost again and 1 hour later was informed this needs to be sent to Shopmate and StarTrack to sort out as it spreads the parcel hasn’t been located since 10 Dec.

What a bonded area and parcels are going missing? How is this occurring and how frequently? What is worse is then the excuses come out contradicting previous information. Might be subject to delay, if that is the case why isn’t the tracking information reflecting this, it may have experienced technical issues.

I pay a premium with an expectation that will meet their agreement but they fail and I could have used cheaper options if I New they would take so long and that is of course if the find it and it hasn’t been stolen. As they take up to 5 working gays to investigate things, if it did turn up it won’t probably until the new year.

My advice is avoid Shopmate and Austpost if another agency is available.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Tim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it's disappointing to hear that this item still hasn't been received yet. I've sent you a message for some more information so we can follow up further.

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Freight charges are a bit too fickle

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2018

Firstly, if I had read the reviews before I used Shopmate I probably would not have risked it but I didn't so I just crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.
I ordered mower parts and they took 1 week to go from Royce City to Oregan. (this was not Shopmates issue)
After landing in Oregan they took a week to arrive in Australia.
Then another week before delivery to me.
Shopmate gave me an expected delivery date between 14/12/18 and 19/12/18 then revised it until a week later (due to Christmas looming I guess) then they revised again back to the original date 14/12/18 to 19/12/18. The parts arrived in good condition on 20/12/18 which is OK as I live rural and had to pickup from my Post Office. The parcel was opened by customs and no doubt a day or so was lost there but Shopmate did hold up their part of the agreement with the correct delivery date albiet it was at the later end of the expected delivery date.
The freight costs are a serious issue. My merchant had the weight at 17.20lbs which equals 7.8kg. My parcel was under the measurement limits so I assumed I would be charged 8kg freight....I was charged 10.1kg...go figure!
I got a 20% first user discount which reduced the freight charges but was it made up with the 10.1kg charge??
Two weeks to arrive from my Shopmate address seems rather a long time but if you are not in a hurry that is OK. My parcel was opened by customs so I would say I lost a day or so there.
Its a serious worry with the freight charges being so fluid as you will never know what you are in for until your freight arrives at Shopmate and they work out what the charges will be. Even with the Tax Invoice for freight charges I am still at a loss as to how they work it all out.
Tracking is useless especially on my Shopmate account. I used an App on my Ipad and it gave me more information.
Would I use again......probably but would have to get my head around the risk of the unfathomable way they are working out the freight charges.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Catherine, Thanks for taking the time sharing your thoughts and feedback with us about your recent experience. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you ... read more »

Such a generic response!

Issues

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 20, 2018

I've been very diligent in assuring compliance with package size limitations but my last two shipments were held in their USA terminal after being rejected as "oversize ". On both occasions I've had to challenge the rejection and after re- measurement they've been found compliant and released. Their terminal staff need to be far more diligent in making sure that oversize packages are just that, rather than relying on the customer to challenge their mistakes. This is poor service and will certainly drive customers to alternative shippers.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey OvationGX2, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us about this situation. I'll pass this on to management for you so that can look into the measurement proce... read more »

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Bad service, do not use!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

Shopmate is such a disappointment for such a reputable company like Australia Post. I will close my account with them as soon as I receive my parcel (appeared on Shop mate. web site 5 days after was delivered to their hub after placed on hold as dangerous goods- normal IP camera). Prices are pretty high too. There are many other companies on the market that offer better services and will be happy to snap customers of Shopmate. Very unhappy for third, consecutive time!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Kiril, It's a shame to hear that our service didn't suit your needs. We always recommend customers check out our FAQs and Shipping Guides before going ahead to ensure ShopMate is the right pr... read more »

This is terrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2018

I ordered several packages from Amazon etc and they all arrived within a few days. There is no cross reference from the Shopmate tracking code to your original order so effectively I have 10 random packages in my cart all which needs declaring. One has been flagged as dangerous goods and is just an Ipad. One has been flagged as to large.

The fees are also astronomical.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Dylan, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about your experience. I recommend calling our ShopMate team for assistance with identifying which article is which so we can ... read more »

Take you recommendation and throw it out the window ... https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/shopmate-and-us-freight-forwarding-services

Crescent Head NSW 2440

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Deceptive Conduct - Do not ever use this service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Be so careful if you are going to use this service. They don't disclose the cost of shipping until after the items have arrived at their warehouse. Then, they slapped you with an atrocious amount. They won't even allow you to bundle your items and their repacking is crap! They tried to do so with my items and gave me a $7 discount from a $200 shipping fee. I ended up asking the retailer for a return of these items.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Surfpuppies, Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it's a shame to hear that this service didn't suit your needs. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you g... read more »

Worst postal service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 17, 2018

Purchased a sweater that cost less than $50 and received a postage charge of $83. The weight of the package is less than .7 of a kilo. What a disgrace. It would almost be cheaper to fly to the states, purchase goods and bring them back - Will never use again

Comments
Australia Post Official

hHey Sue, Thanks for sharing your thoughts, we're sorry to hear that this service didn't suit your need. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahead t... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Lost misplaced or destroyed parcel

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2018

Have had a number of problems with shopmate mainly concerning lost or misplaced parcels. I buy dozens of books cds dvds in usa so it is hard to keep track of them all. I will be looking for a book I purchased and then find out it did not arrive. I tell all merchants to put my shopmate suite nr on parcels but they sometimes fail to do so. I cant stand over them with a big stick to ensure compliance. A two book parcel did not arrive. I only just became aware it was missing. I checked with merchant, they told me it was signed for by a shopmate employee on 10th september. They gave me tracking nr and I went to shopmate find my parcel. No record of my parcel. I can only assume they have incinerated it.

I am not a genius but I came up with a solution. We have a parcel for Fred Dutton, I wonder why they sent it to us. Hey perhaps he is a customer. The parcel has been here 12 weeks, what can we do. I know lets send him an email to see if he is missing a parcel. He can tell us what is in it, we can check and if he is right we can send him his parcel.
.......had there been 3 or 4 Fred Duttons we could send them all an email....only the rightfull owner would know what is in the parcel.

Australia post babbled on about the privacy law......which I believe is totally irrelevant.....They do not understand my solution. Often the simplest solution is best.

So I have yet another complaint running with shopmate,
Why do they incinerate parcels without making any effort to contact owner.

Fred Dutton not my real name.
Australia post please dont be condescending by recommending I read your FAQs.
I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THAT IF I COMPLAIN SOMEONE LOSES YOUR PARCEL. IS THIS TRUE.
Roy G

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Roy G,

It's concerning to hear about all of this. I strongly recommend calling our ShopMate team so they can look into all of this further for you and assist you with each issue.

1300 624 475

~Sami

Yeah waste of time...have not replied to my emails

Brisbane

gets the package sent

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Yes you have to pay GST now on goods even Ebay will hit you up so deal with it people.
box arrived at Shopmate USA and was in the system less then 30hrs later.
Invoice was easy to upload just follow the site.
price is on par with the rest of the USA - AU shippers
Takes about 9 days from when arrives in USA WAREHOUSE TO GET TO YOUR MAIL BOX
Less the 500G but a litter over sized box so all up inc GST for 90 product was $37.71

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us about your experience with our ShopMate service, we love hearing from our customers that have found the service works for them. We hope you have a great week.

Sender or Receiver: Sender

If I could rate it less than one star I would

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 12, 2018

Ordered a backpack and handbag from Michael Kors and it came back as actual weight 2.3kg but chargeable weight 7.3kg

Based on the shipping table I was expecting $40 shipping so I asked for a repack but it came back the same $100 + $40 GST

I complained last week and they gave me a code WECARE to drop it 25% off to $85 postage (not sure if it's single use).

It shipped on Thursday and it has no tracking status it just says "on its way" and I'm not expecting any update nor am I expecting it to arrive in time.

You have to upload an invoice otherwise they threaten a $55 fee

Will never use shopmate again! - Wish I'd read the 1 star average reviews on here.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey s3n,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts with us about your recent experience with us. We're sorry to hear that this service didn't meet your needs.

1 of 32 pages