Item declared "undeliverable" despite delivery not attempted.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Package reaches Sydney to be delivered to my work address where I regularly have parcels sent, on the delivery date supplied only to find that the item is marked "return to sender" despite delivery not being attempted. I know for a fact it is deliverable because my organisation RUNS THE MAILROOM at this address. 2 phone conversations and 2 emails to Auspost and am yet to be contacted by any representative of shopmate. All I want is the items that I have paid for. DO NOT USE SHOPMATE, hands down worst service I have ever encountered. So now I guess I will just spend all this time spent waiting for a response writing negative reviews until I receive my items.

Brisbane

• 1 comment
Private message

Awful. Order sat for a month, no response, wouldn't ship battery bank even though it was eligible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2017

I checked that Shopmate could forward my battery banks. When Shopmate got them they said no, battery banks are battery cells, even though they actually cells inside the equipment they are designed for, Not to worry, I found an alternative shipper, and sent Shopmate an email as requested with the information. A month later I find that they didn't bother processing the forwarding. After paying an outrageous fee to have them sent to another forwarder within the USA they are gone - I'm now free of Shopmate, never to return.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Scott, This is really concerning to hear and I'm so sorry about your experience with our ShopMate service. I'd really like to take a look into this and see if I can find out what happened, as... read more »

Case 12236328 I appreciate your concern. I would advise you jump the sinking ship you are on. I can't fathom how Shopmate as a business is still operating with such terrible performance and resu... read more »

Awful Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have previously purchased coffee pods from America and had them shipped using ShopMate without issue. Today I log in to my account to see my latest purchase only to find out that it has been rejected as it contains prohibited goods. Coffee? Prohibited?
Turns out they have this teeny tiny announcement at the top of their website that says their policy changed.
Now considering this is a service I have used previously and is not something I need to log in and notify of a parcel arriving how would I know this ahead of time? Did I get an email a
dvising of changes? NO! Did I receive any form of communication from them that this would be changing? NO!
So now I have a parcel sitting there that they refuse to deliver, despite the fact that the Australian government website that they direct you to says coffee is not a prohibited item.
The customer service representative I spoke to was unhelpful to say the least and to top it all of they expect ME to pay to send it to a service that can send it to me.
I will be closing my account and will NEVER use this service again. I'll also be telling as many people as I can to not use this service (can you even call it a service if they do nothing?)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Lisa, What bad timing with the new changes and your order coming in, I'm so sorry this has happened! I agree it would have been much more ideal if an email had been sent to registered users an... read more »

WOODVILLE SOUTH, SA

• 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Happy with my items!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Ordered cloth nappies through Nicki's Diapers and found Shop Mate as and alternative to paying $120+ just for shipping. I was notified promptly when my parcel arrived at their warehouse and paid $31 shipping to get my items shipped to Australia. They arrived a week later & I'm very happy with the customer service i recieved using Shop Mate. 10/10 would use again :)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Dani,

Thanks so much for sharing! Glad to here everything went smoothly for you and you got the nappies quickly!

Roxy

What a scam- never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Bought a kids jacket off Amazon- total weight 1kg and charged for 2.5kg of weight and $53.00. Will never use this again!!! What a joke, wish I had of checked the reviews first. Would have been cheaper to post it out via amazon.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah, It sounds like your postage charges came under cubic weight as opposed to actual weight, which is explained in more detail in our FAQs: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH If you believe you've bee... read more »

ShopMate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

I have been trying to buy a product from US which is not shipped to Australia directly. So happy to see the option of ShopMate by Australia Post. Finally I get my product here. Thanks Australia Post.

Comments
Australia Post Official

No worries Vinnie, glad to hear you're happy! Enjoy!

Unreasonably slow delivery times

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

The first (and last) time using this "service". Should have stayed with my previous US mail forwarding company, slowest delivery times I've ever experienced in nearly 10 years of forwarding parcels from the US.
My advice - there are better options out there. In true Australia Post style, I'm assuming my parcels will show up when they feel like it. Most likely after I need them. One would have assumed 3 weeks was plenty of time to get parcels to Australia. Parcels ordered at the same time shipped directly arrived in 5 business days...Some of my order with this service is still sitting in the US!
Not to mention the 4 day delay between UPS notifying of parcel delivery and it showing up on my Shopmate account!
Never again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi KBA,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience. If you're still waiting for your deliveries I'd be more than happy to check them for you - please just send me a private message with the tracking number(s).

• 2 comments

Dont do it..its a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

I should have listed to the reviews... Shop mate is a total nightmare..it was meant to be easy according to their website. Looking at their T&Cs and there is pretty much nothing they do ship. They just want to hold your package ransom and charge more then the weight of the product to ship to another shipment company ...MASSIVE CON DO NOT TRUST

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Carrol, We do have some restrictions on dangerous goods like flammables and weapons but if you feel your item doesn't fall into this category I recommend speaking with our ShopMate team directl... read more »

It was tea! perfectly legal to bring in the country and yes I have called them and was promised help and got zero options.. Thanks for charging we 4 x the weight of my actual products too on the goods you did let through.

60 Grams was the weight of my package but AUS POST Scammers charged me for 500 grams and delayed my order by weeks. RIPP OFF

Victoria

• 8 comments
  • 1 question
  • 2 answers

overcharge

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I'm not happy with the way the shipping is charge. Overcharge
My parcels are still at USA warehouse as i found I'm overcharge with shipping rate which I'm not happy at all..

I HAD 5 parcels in total and due in less then 7days to ship it out.

How can 1.3kg charge me 2kg?
1.2kg charge me 1.5kg?
09kg charge me 1.1kg? all is like just like over to charge extra??

and i have another parcel coming in soon.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi svals,

I recommend contacting our ShopMate team directly on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday so they can look into this for you.

hi just received another last parcel.. 0.5kg charge me 1.3kg worst

hi i had tried to call its had to get through. pls sort this out for me

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Paid for postage on 21 July and received a confirmation email from ShopMate stating my payment had been received and that they will now "prepare my package for shipment" and notify me when it leaves their warehouse. Well its now 28 July and I still haven't been notified that its left the warehouse. So that makes it 7 days and still counting to pack and post a package! If I'd known postage would be so slow I would have used another shipper. Postage costs were also about 20% higher than indicated on their website and higher than standard US postage costs. Very poor service and a complete rip off in terms of costs.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

It does sound unusual that you haven't received that confirmation yet. If you haven't done so already, please contact ShopMate directly on 1300 624 475 (8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday) and they'll be able to take a look into it.

What a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

And what a mistake I've made - should've come this site before trusting Aust Post. Let's focus on the facts: $8 value of stuff (special PVC fittings, 20mm in size - Yes you heard it right, 20mm, measuring it). I got charged OVER $40 for shipping. My rough math suggests it more than 5 TIMES of what you purchase. What a horrify joke... Shoppers be aware! Holy moly....

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you felt you were over charged for postage when it was a small order. It sounds like you've been charged the cubic weight of your item as opposed to the actual size, wh... read more »

Sydney

• 3 comments
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Waiting for confirmation of package

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I'm giving this service a 2 because I have used hopshopgo many times in the past and the service was better. I have had 2 items shipped to shopmate (the first arrived last week and I received confirmation very quickly) the 2nd arrived there over a day and half ago and I am still awaiting my notification. I want All my items shipped together and have to wait for this notification. I have emailed an inquiry and am waiting for that also. Considering the shipping fees are not cheap I would expect better service. I want to know where my 2nd package is?

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Annue,

Glad to hear you've contacted the team already. If you can kindly share your enquiry reference number with me I'd be more than happy to take a look into it, and have our ShopMate team get back to you.

Terrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I just purchased 2 similar sized item from 2 separate suppliers and they are both marine vinyl to use for upholstery, and both worth approx $60US. Unfortunately 1 of them is a bit too long as it was not folded when packed and as a result was deemed too long for shopmate.

I have been in touch with supplier and they will repack item once shopmate sends back. However shopmate want to charge over $80US to send back to supplier (initial postage was only $20US), so the return postage costs more than the item originally cost me!!!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience Steve.
If you still need assistance with this one I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

overcharged

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

I bought a pair of shoes which weigh 303 grams plus the weight of the shoe box etc.
UPS who delivered to the Shopmate warehouse in USA charged based on a weight of up to 3 pounds.
Shop Mate charged me based on a weight of 2.9kg - for a pair of 303 gram shoes!
Ripped off!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Bob, It's very possible that this was the cubic weight of the box, as opposed to the actual weight of the item, which is explained in our ShopMate FAQs here: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH If you fee... read more »

Total Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jinx,

I'm sorry to hear about your ShopMate experience. If you have a case number from when you've contacted us, send it to me in a private message and I'll take a look at it and make sure all correct processes have been followed.

Truganina

Private message

Thank god I read these reviews before joining up!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

This is a case of learning from other peoples experiences. No hope of me ever using this service! Thank you product review and the people who have taken their time to write a review.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're here to help if you ever need assistance with any of our products.

If you ever want your package - Don't use SHOPMATE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have a small business and which is currently on hold because of this very unreliable and inefficient service. I've been repeatedly told by staff at the call centre my package would be delivered and I've been eating for WEEKS! They promise to return phone and not once have i received a call back. Don't use this service it's a sham and doesn't work and it's seriously affected my small business which is currently unable to function because I can't get a package delivered which is just sitting in Sydney at a warehouse and no one seems to be able to scan the box and put it on a truck - which I would think is a standard function of a delivery service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi FiB222,

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened with your ShopMate order. If you'd like to send me a private message with the tracking number and your case number I'll have someone from our ShopMate team take a look and get back to you.

• 1 helpful vote

Horrifically expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I needed a replacement part for an insulated drink bottle that only ships within the US. Total weight maybe 100g wrapped. ShopMate only shows you the cost of your shipment after it arrives. They weighed the package at 500g and estimated $27.90 to ship it. The drink bottle itself cost less than that to ship from the States, including the purchase price. I will use a different remailer service in future. Please warn your parents against ShopMate because they are surely its target market.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Perfect and surprisingly quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Looks like my experience is rare, but I found the entire process incredibly easy and highly successful. It took longer for my package to get from it's US origin to the warehouse in Portland than it did to get from the US to Australia. Which just shows how quick AusPost was, as the entire process (from ordering to delivery) took 2 and a half weeks. Price ended up being cheaper than what the estimator provided and everything (large amount of skincare) arrived in perfect condition. After reading a lot of these comments I opted to pay the extra $5 for insurance, and despite having a fantastic experience I would still recommend getting it, just in case. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Liv!

Sydney

• 1 comment

Verified Customer

Horrific service, lost package

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Ordered an item from the US which arrived in the Shopmate warehouse no problem however once the item was shipped from the warehouse to Australia the issues started to appear. Firstly, after 10 days, the tracking did not update. I called up and they assumed the package has been lost in transit. I will update if there is any improvements however so far the package is still lost. The only thing the support team said is that they will hope the package will arrive... useless...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your order yet. Can you please let me know what the case number is from when you called so I can take a look at it please?

12380687 Ticket says resolved, however this is most definitely not resolved