Verified Customer

Would give it no stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I have used this service three times, the first time the service was acceptable but not amazing. I was charged $32.85 for a pair of children's shoes, the second time was a disaster with only one of the three items I ordered arriving. When I checked the shipping restrictions it turns out that one of the items I ordered could probably not be legally shipped (a chalk paint additive) which was my fault but the other item should have been shipped but was never received and I was charged over $50 for the only item in the order that was sent. The third item is the worst by far. I have ordered a pair of riding chaps, they are lightweight mesh and about the length of a pair of football socks. Shopmate have invoiced me for over $82 for this item. The service is appalling and I can't believe that our national postal carrier can perform so badly and be so expensive I am warning everybody I know not to use them. Worst service experience ever.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mara,

If you feel you've been charged incorrectly or something doesn't quite seem right with your invoice then I highly recommend giving our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll be able to help you out.

Melbourne

• 5 helpful votes

Overpriced scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I only used this as I closed my old MyUs account some time ago and thought I’d be able to ship item to my Parcel Locker (also operated by Aus Post) Wrong.
The cost is astoundingly expensive compared to my US plus they over charged me and added weight which didn’t exist to the package. I know this as I sent the item myself by UPS from the merchant to Shopmate and they recorded a weight of 5.5Lb (2.49kgs).
On my invoice with shopmate, this increase to 5.9kgs!!!! It was the same box that the item arrived in, just relabeled.
If I need to ship from the US again, I’ll just sign back up the MyUS, I get door to door delivery within 3-4 days of shipment request at a lower price and not get scammed in the process.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sally,

If you believe you might have been charged incorrectly I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475. They'll be able to discuss this with you, as well as sort out any issues with the invoice.

Verified Customer

ShopLate not ShopMate, they are not a mate!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I will be factual with this review:

23/02 - ordered ultra lightweight hiking gear
26/02 - Delivered to ShopLate
06/03 - Paid higher than the calculated ShopLate fees
06/03 - ShopLate estimated delivery 12-16 march
13/03 - stuck at customs - requested info
16/03 - provided info
18/03 - informed "These details should suffice for customs, if there are any issues we will contact you."
23/03 - Not receiving my item. Requested an update - did not receive any. (case was closed without my knowledge)
At this stage if I did not followup, I would have never received my item at all.

27/03 - I contacted ShopLate and start new enquiry for an update of my item that should have been resolved on the first enquiry.
27/03 - ShopLate requested for more info.
27/03 - provided info and requested the parcel to be delivered ASAP.
30/03 - ShopLate informed info was inadequate. (3 weeks after asking for it!! WTH )
05/04 - Provided info and told them that the information they are asking for Customs is actually inside with the parcel. Customs would have got this info!! Which my conspiracy mind start to wonder if it is actually with Customs at all!!
13/04 - still no parcel. (over 6 weeks)

ShopLate, great service!!
I will start ordering stuff for Christmas now....

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Much better services around

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Used this service as it was backed by australia post so I figured it might be better then my current one (stackry) ordered 5 separate items from Amazon, they arrived in the locker ok, but then "combined" the postage was 200 Aus! Was charged 22.95 per item and then 4.95 for weight charge (most were 500g) There was a "bundling discount" of $7.50 but that in no way made up for the other charges..... the whole point of these systems is to save money not pay twice as much!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michael. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahead to make sure our product is right for you and doesn't catch you out unaware: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ

Roxy

That presumes you know the exact size of each parcel which you don't until it's in your locker, mine could easily have been consolidated into one package instead of 5. Instead you give me a tiny 'd... read more »

Correcting the record.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I posted a negative review here a few days ago and now to need to correct the record in fairness to shopmate. I regularly buy antique toys overseas and use Shopmate when I need a US address. Recently I received a reminder notice from Shopmate for a long overdue parcel I had neglected to arrange delivery of. Subsequently I Contacted Australia Post to see if they would waver the extra storage fees the item had attracted. Very promptly I received a reply with an offer of a 25 percent discount which virtually eliminated the storage fees.Must say this was a much appreciated offer from them, considering the fault was mine . Have found this service to have been very good in the past., with quick delivery and have never experienced any damaged items.Thanks to the team at shopmate.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Toyhound,

Thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know about your experience. I'm glad to hear everything worked out and hope you have a lovely day.

~Sami

Don't be put off by bad reviews

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I had scanned a lot of the reviews on here and was really nervous about using Shopmate. However I went ahead and ordered 6 pairs of pants from Banana Republic and used Shopmate (Yes, Banana Republic ships directly internationally, but sale prices and discount codes aren't applied). I'm happy (and relieved) to say it all went smoothly. It's so easy when things go well to just carry on, but since I had read such bad reviews, I thought I'd take time to write out how it went for me.
-I did make a mistake on my declaration form, but the AU and US team fixed it for me within a few hours when I contacted them.
-Banana Republic unfortunately sent as two parcels, but it was easily packed as one on the Shopmate end. I think they said on their website that the cost is $5 per package. I did pay for insurance to be on the safe side (as I said, was super nervous). But even with consolidation and insurance, my shipping cost only worked out to be $10 more than if Banana Republic had shipped it directly ($53 compared to $65AUD). The difference is, I saved $200+AUD with the extra discount codes that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
-I won't say the turn around on their end is super quick--it took several days before it was recorded as having arrived at the Shopmate location, and then another ~10 days before it was shipped. But to be honest, the speed wasn't a concern, just that my items arrived. Once it was shipped from the US, it took exactly one week to arrive in Perth.
Definitely take time to read what you can and can't send, and how much it'll cost so you don't get caught out (calculate a buffer to be on the safe side). Otherwise, I'll definitely use Shopmate again (and hope for the same!)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey B Taylor,

Thanks for your feedback about your experience with Shopmate! Glad to hear you saved some money using Shopmate to make that sale work for you ^_^

Eastern Heights

Verified Customer

Do not use this service (there are others)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

First use - They tried to blame a non- existent snow event in Portland for a 3 day delay in shipping, after receiving my goods. 5 days from receipt to shipping. I eventually, received my goods (10 days later) but not after 5 days of email traffic between us. And always with a different person.
NO TRACKING WAS PROVIDED UNTIL THE ITEM HIT AUSTRALIAN SHORES

Second use - Purchased Folgers Coffee from Walmart. Shopmate received and labelled it as Dangerous / Prohibited Goods. I contacted the Dept of Agriculture (formerly AQIS) who confirmed, by email, that my goods were neither dangerous or prohibited. When Shopmate was presented with this written evidence (by return email) they ignored it and wanted a $28 redirect fee or my item or it would be disposed of for a $5.00 fee.
The item cost me $33. Shopmate was advised in no uncertain terms where they could stick the coffee.
There will NOT BE A THIRD USE

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Erik, We always recommend customers check out our FAQs and Shipping Guides before going ahead to ensure ShopMate is the right product to suit their needs. We do list 'Food, food by-products or ... read more »

Coffee is not food

Like to hit you with extra costs wherever they can, consolidation of packages a rip off and postage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Now claim to consolidate packages at an extreme cost, charge for handling fees when return to sender requested even though prepaid return label provided, no tracking numbers supplied for items sent, postage for each item expensive.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi K c, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. We never want our customers to be caught out with an unexpected charge and we want to make sure our service is the correct one for them at all ... read more »

WESTMEAD

• 2 comments
Private message

Terrible Terrible Service..Please don't think to use Australia Post ShopMate if don't have insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

I supposed to receive a parcel more than $700.00 valued. It was cleared the custom and according to the Australia Post Tracking system. It was in Chullora warehouse and ready to deliver next day. Australia post even send a SMS "tomorrow your parcel will be delivered". Last 15 days parcel never arrived and after 10 long calls, Australia Post told that item is lost, and Australia Post can only refund Maximum $50.00. Customer Service is terrible terrible, their staff don't know how to use the tracking system. When you call, after 5 mins put you on hold for 15 mins, come back with "sorry we are investigating..no further update". You will not be able to talk to the manager/Supervisor.
It supposed to deliver next day suddenly disappeared from tracking system, It is very suspicious (expensive and uninsured). Someone within Australia post is tracking this information.
Final Answer from Australia post "Suddenly disappeared from the tracking system"
Is there any justice?
Is there any Responsibility from Australia post?
My advice: DON't Use SHOPMATE

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi vvan,

Please refer to our private message conversation if you need further assistance.

Roxy

OMG, Do you think Australia Post helped my query? I wasted hours and hours ... not helpful at all

How do I get the refund?

Australia

Verified Customer

Suspect I was overcharged.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

I bought a parcel from the US. The shipped weight quoted by the seller was 1.2lb (just under 600g).
The cubic weight of the parcel was just under 1kg.
I was charged for 2k worth of weight.
I suspect the weights were combined, not the greater of the two chosen.

I will give them another chance, but this time I will be watching.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Pete,

If you feel the postage charges weren't quite right I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll be able to look into this for you.

Roxy

No, I'm marking it down to a learning experience. I'm carefully calculating the cubic and actual weight of my next parcel very carefully, and you'll hear from an angry me if it isnt acceptable.

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Terrible service, delayed receipt, lost item, damaged item, nightmare!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

I don't know where to start. This was my first "trial" use of ShopMate and it was a complete and utter disaster. This is a truly amateurish business that does not have a clue what it is doing! Amazon delivered 2 separate items to ShopMate for me which they lost. After much "searching", a week later they found them but one was just an empty box!! Tried to ship the good item but website was a mess and refused to do it since it was linked to the item they lost. Contacted support many many times and finally told them to ship the good item back to Amazon. ShopMate did nothing in 2 weeks whereas Amazon then shipped the item to me in Australia in one week! ShopMate is not just incompetent, they are expensive too!

How could they lose my item in their warehouse and then find an empty box (did someone from ShopMate open the item and steal it??)

Run from this company. Do not do any business with them. Ever!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Doug, What a terrible experience! I'm so sorry that this happened to you and I'm glad that you got your items in the end. It sounds as if the parcel may have been damaged in transit to the ware... read more »

Alice, no I have still not received the second item. ShopMate refuse to reply to my questions about the status of it. It was lost in their warehouse but they expect me to just write it off. Seri... read more »

I will never use this service again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Would have given no stars if I could. What is the point of offering consolidated shipping if you can't consolidate packages that are not from the same merchant? Obviously if I was purchasing from the same merchant my packages would already be in 1 package. I wanted my items after waiting for so long and so many other issues including my chargeable weight being more than double the actual weight of my item (hence my intent of using consolidated shipping). I just paid for 4 packages to be done with the service. I will return my last package to sender (with a fee from Shopmate) to repurchase and send to a different forwarding service. Never again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mel, This is disappointing to hear and I apologise that our service didn't meet your needs this time around. We never want our customers to be caught out by something, and we have pretty detail... read more »

Do not use! Dishonest practices – will cheat weight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I just got a notification that my package had arrived at the Shopmate warehouse. Upon viewing the notification, it says my item is 1.3KG, with a cubic weight of 8.3KG which will cost me $107!!! To ship a chiffon dress! This is impossible! Even with a heavy box wouldn’t weigh this much.

This is the second time I have used the service. The first time, I bought a pair of high top sneakers which obviously weigh more than a dress, and only paid $52.75 to ship. Quite reasonable all things considered.

I checked the merchant shipping tracking number (UPS domestic shipping tracking number), and saw the weight of the package is listed as 1lbs, which equates to 0.45kg! After seeing this, it’s clear that SHOPMATE ARE DISHONEST AND WILL INCREASE THE WEIGHT OF YOUR PACKAGE TO GET MORE MONEY.

My advice, do not use this service because you will be ripped off as I have.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ACL,

Hmm, this sounds a little unusual. I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 so they can investigate it for you.

Sydney

Do Not Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

They refused to ship my product as it contained a beauty product with rose oil - and apparently organic rose oil is a dangerous and prohibited ingredient!!! What a SCAM!!!!!
There is not mention on their website of this policy.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this Libelle! We have two shipping guides on our website which touch on both beauty products and plant materials, take a look here: http://auspo.st/2iEAIre & http://auspo.st/119MVte ... read more »

So pretty much everything worth buying overseas is labeled as prohibited by you even though other parcel forwarding companies would have no issue shipping these items and so therefore your service ... read more »

Extremely disappointed with shopmate/Austpost

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 09, 2018

Shopmate can’t find my package even though it was delivered to their address by UPS (and signed for) 12 days ago. The customer service representative are denying it was delivered and therefore not taking any responsibility for the loss. Total unaccountability as usual with Australia Post

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Liss,

This isn't good to hear at all. Have you got a case reference number I can take a look at please? I'd like to see if I can find out what's going on.

Slow and expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

Package arrived at Shopmate depot 6 days before I was notified. Website was down for days. Cost was the same if I had used USPS. Won't be using Auspost again as their services have deteriorated so badly.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Pete, Thanks for sharing your experience with us here. I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations this time around. It does sound like your parcel took a little longer to be loaded into your ac... read more »

No issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

Read a lot of negative online reviews but with my heart in my mouth thought I would give it a go and every thing worked seemlessly. Yes the postage was on the high side but shipping from the online shop to arrival in Sydney took 10 days and am very happy. Based on this experience would certainly use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much Wayne, this is great to hear :)

My Shopmate experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 26, 2018

I received shipping confirmation and tracking number from retailer on 7 February USA time according to UPS website it was delivered to Shopmate warehouse 12 February I used free ground shipping I could have got it there quicker if I had paid, shopmate website show it as arriving 16 February I paid for it to be shipped to Australia on the 16 February entered WELCOME promo code and received discount, received email confirming shipping on 17 February showed up on Auspost tracking website as arriving in Sydney 21 February and delivered to me in regional South Australia 26 February package was in good condition and thankfully the boots fit great I have been purchasing from the USA for at least 10 years and this is the first time I have had something that only shipped to the USA I had heard of SHOPMATE but never used it so signed up had I read the reviews here before I may not have but my experience was okay so there you have it I have read a lot of people complaining about shipping costs all I can say is that they haven’t shipped many items from the USA as it is very comparable to others charges

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Swaggy,

Thanks for letting us know about your experience using ShopMate for the first time.

Hope you have a great day.

Ruined collectable item

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 23, 2018

Ruined collectable item I bought a collectible item mint still in package. It got to the US Warehouse where they opened it and then resealed it with tape so not only did they open the package when they shouldn't have they also damaged it by applying tape. It was clearly labelled sealed in original package. It didn't need to be opened. Now its worthless on the collector market.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey David, It's a shame to hear the packaging was damaged for your collectable. Normally the team at the warehouse would only need to open the external packaging not the internal packaging. Giv... read more »

Repacked in a box twice the size needed and charged by volume

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2018

Just received four items consolidated into a box a box twice the size needed and charged by volume. Took 20 days to arrive. Being expensive is one thing but being ripped off is another. Wouldn’t recommend using this service.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Stephen41,

I highly recommend you give the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 if you feel you have been overcharged on your postage.

1 of 28 pages

I got a pkg I saw arrived in Chullora NSW on Monday & wondered why it was taking so long to arive in Queanbeyan NSW until I just rechecked minutes ago on tracking site & it says it was delivered somewhere in QueansLand. Can you find out if this a mistake & if so how this could of happened & can I still get my pkg. Tracking no. is LP011353777HK

JScott asked on Apr 19, 2018

Hi JScott,

Hmm, this article is definitely scanned as delivered in QLD. Have you checked with the sender to confirm they've given you the right tracking number, and that the address was correct?
I recommend getting in touch with us via one of the below methods so we can discuss this further with you:
- Facebook: facebook.com/australiapost
- Twitter: @auspost
- Website: http://auspo.st/1BSsfUK
- Call us on 13 13 18

Roxy

Hi I recently purchased goods shipped via shopmate from the US. As the parcel is valued over $1,000 the details of my shipment have been passed onto a customs broker however I haven't received a Mail Reference Number required to lodge the customs declaration either myself or through a broker which isn't your standard broker (which is much more expensive than your typical broker). Is there any way to get a notification of the Mail Reference number (usually mailed out in a letter) so that I can lodge my declaration through an alternate broker of my choice? Very frustrated that I'm being forced to use an expensive broker and the package has somehow bypassed the usual import procedures that would allow me to A) lodge myself or B) select another broker. Thanks James

James asked on Feb 19, 2018

Hi James,

This is a tricky one to answer without having more specific details relating to your actual enquiry. I recommend you give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 to discuss it further with them directly.

Hi Roxy

The issue has now been resolved. The reason for the issue was that shopmate purchases are shipped into australia as Air Cargo rather than Postal Cargo. This required a different customs clearance process that doesn't use mail reference numbers.

Hopefully this information assists others with similar issues as the communication from ShopMate was very limited.

James

Hello Madam, could you please help me track the status of this parcel ( RT385916748HK )? Has it been delivered? Thanks a lot for your help.

Taylor M asked on Feb 10, 2018

Hi Taylor,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, your question has only just come through.

Looking at the scans I can see this one has been marked as delivered on the 6/2/17.

See all 93 questions about Australia Post Shopmate