LOST ITEM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

please dont use this shopmate as the customer service is just bad.I am being asked to wait and wait for the shipment which seems to be lost.
And the customer service would hung up on you when you ask for manager to speak.
Case 13948637

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Vicky,

Looks like this parcel is out for delivery today - enjoy!

Croydon

• 2 answers
  • 20 helpful votes
Private message

I'm sick of receiving Auspost emails, I want to delete my account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

No unsubscribe button, no way of deleting my account - which is useless to me - does me no service. Tracking numbers are only relevant AFTER the package has arrived, the whole set up (for me) is a waste of resources. Auspost delivers junk mail to my mail box which is clearly marked "NO JUNK MAIL". This junk ends up strewn all over the place because in all 19 units here nobody wants it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi mojohee,

If you'd like to delete your ShopMate account you can, just give the customer service team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday and they'll arrange that for you.

Great Service, Very Reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

I bought some clothing I wanted from 3 separate buyers and I knew the shipping costs for all 3 buyers to ship from the US to Australia would be expensive. I got them to ship to a ShopMate suite which cost me $10 all together. I waited till all three packages came to the suite so I could get a bundling discount (Something that only ShopMate seems to do without you having to pay a $10 a month subscription like other forwarding companies). The total only came to $70 for 3 packages! There was a small problem with two of the packages where they took four days to be delivered after reaching Perth but the other package got to to me three days before. Great service and will use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Adam! Glad to hear you're happy!

St Leonard’s Depot holds my Package for over a week

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

I use shopmate and also have a parcel locker. I stupidly redirected my parcels from shopmate to my parcel locker and what happens is unacceptable. My current parcel is held at the St Leonard’s Depot in Launceston for days on end (so far 6 days and still waiting) supposedly because they have to ‘repackage’ it. They should not offer reduction if it’s too hard for them to print a label. Don’t use Shopmate, there are other more efficient services.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Susan,

6 days sounds like a lot longer than normal for us to redirect your parcel. I've sent you a private message so I can get some more details, please get back to me there when you can.

Verified Customer

3 emails notice and they disposed of my parcel!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I had a parcel delivered and was told i needed to pay a further $189aud to get it posted from u.s to Australia! I was going thru hard times and my wife and i had to save up to pay for it. I changed jobs and started nightshift work doing 14 hrs a day minimum and we had a newborn at home and i totally forgot about it and time flew by. We finally saved up the amount needed so i logged into my shopmate acc and i couldn't find any tracking number whatsoever. I checked emails and found three emails. One when it arrived and one when it had been a month telling me they'll charge a day rate if i go over storing time. Third email was telling me i had a week to pay or they will dispose of my parcel. That email was now 5 days over date. I rang shopmate and a guy said too bad its been disposed of. I argued with him saying its only 5 days and i own that parcel, you should have rang me. I gave my phone number when i signed up. Next thing a lady gets on and says sorry there's not much we can do. I told her it was my parcel and it cost me $240usd, nearly $300aud and she had no right to dispose of it without going thru every available avenue to contact me. I asked again why didn't i get a phone call. She says i hadn't replied to any of the emails so why would i answer the phone. I swore my head off and explained my situation. I asked her where does it get disposed to, goodwill, the dump, incinerator, and she said she can't say. Then she said, look sometimes they don't dispose if it straight away, she said she could get a couple people to go have a look thru the parcels but its not free. They will charge me an hourly rate for doing so. I said I'm ok with that. She said she'll send a couple people down this afternoon and she'll ring me the next day. I asked her what time and she said she doesn't know but will be tomorrow. I was working 14hr+ nightshift and never missed a call bit they didn't ring back. I thought maybe it'll take a day or two bit nothing. Damn woman said whatever she needed to get me off the phone. I'm so bloody annoyed. I collect skateboards and have a mypost acc. I can't believe the lies, lack of contact and disrespect shopmate has and i think its very misleading having their logo same colour and style and mypost when in reality they have nothing to do with each other. I only signed with them because i thought mypost and shopmate were linked, i thought of parcel security and my acc history etc. Fyi the board in the parcel was a rare board. I paid $240usd but it was worth nearly double that. I'm shocked that they won't even call to contact person responsible and only sent me three emails that were lost in my junk file. EADC

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Boyd, I'm so sorry to hear about your board and can only imagine how distressing this entire situation is for both you and your wife with how much it meant to you both. I'd really like to take... read more »

Not impressed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I ordered 1lb of whey protein from Amazon, through a company that makes and produces their product in California. It was flagged as dangerous goods, even though it is perfectly legal to order at a low quantity for personal use. It is a professional company that packages their products professionally. Had to pay a fee to return it, because they would not ship it. It's impossible to find a protein powder in Australia that is not packed full of junk or soy protein that also has no more that a 4-5 gram difference in protein to serving size difference.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this caught you out unaware Tiffany. It is mentioned in our ShopMate FAQs that food and perishable goods can't be sent using this service (http://auspo.st/2rRYQdx) but if you believe ... read more »

Fast Delivery

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I have used this service on a number of occasions and it has always been quick and efficient.

Before sending anything by courier, particularly internationally, you should understand the concept of Dimensional Weight (refer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dimensional_weight).

I can't say that shipping is cheap but I have found ShopMate is usually cheaper than the price offered by the retailer (particularly if the retailer offers free US shipping).

I particularly like being able to ship to an AusPost parcel locker (although ShopMate need to fix their system so that the locker number can be put in the second line of the address as the 'suite' as including both name and locker in Name field is a bit messy)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Erik, Thanks for sharing, and for your feedback on the Parcel Locker addressing issue. We're definitely aware of it and our developers are working on it as we speak - hopefully it'll be fixed ... read more »

great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I received my package within the estimated time frame. There were no problems whatsoever. I would definitely use again. I think most complaints are from people not differentiating between costs by weight and costs by volume.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Mathew, glad to hear you liked the service.

Excellent Service for 1st time user

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Ordered 10kg of special decking screws and from the purchase from Amazon , through Shop mate and to my door is was a little over 2 weeks , which was impressive.

I ordered before reading these reviews and honestly crapped myself after doing so , but I was pleasantly surprised that my final cost was 25 less than the estimate .

If your looking at getting something standard then go with these guys , I think people get caught out when things need re boxing , multiple items and things you can't bring into the country . Don't be stupid and you won't be disappointed,

That's my 2 cents .

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Tim,

Thanks so much for sharing this, glad to hear you found the process smooth and easy :)

Verified Customer

Delivered fast and cheaper than anywhere else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I ordered a sweatshirt from Canada. When I got to the checkout this sports company calculated a ridiculous cost of $100+ just for postage! Instead I got the sweatshirt sent to shopmate in Oregon who then sent it to me in Melbourne for around $37. Is it the cheapest price for postage - no but it was the cheapest I could find anywhere! As long as you read how they calculate the costs etc there's nothing to be surprised about. Updated all the online tracking quickly. Can't complain. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing this Kerri, glad to hear you were happy with your sweatshirt!

Scam Don't use!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I ordered a few sequins from a firm in America whose postage was 4 -6 weeks so thought I would try this!

My Package would have only weighed a few grams but I was charged for half of a kilo when I told them they could keep my package as their ridiculous postage fee was more than my package was worth, they were going to charge me for disposal as well!!

Main mistake I made was to not read the t's and c's thoroughly and the charges for such a small package.

Don't make the same mistake I did!! READ THE T'S AND C'S AND CHECK THE COSTS!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ritsy,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear the postage charges have caught you out unaware. We definitely always recommend checking our FAQs and postage guides before going ahead so you can be sure this is the service for you: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Verified Customer

Beautiful service, affordable and VERY FAST!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I'd like to commend Shopmate on their wonderful service. Today I received my very first delivery using their services and the prompt delivery was rather impressive. The package was posted on Thursday and I received on Tuesday of the following week already. Thank you for all that you do. The price was very affordable in comparison to other services and very quick to respond. A massive thank you for that. I will be using your services again for sure. All the best!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Lindsay, glad to hear it!

Lost parcel for 9 weeks- magically 'found' only after I got in touch

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I ordered some books back in June. Not having heard anything for over two months, I contacted the seller, who provided me with the tracking number and confirmation that my parcel had been delivered in June. I contacted ShopMate- and lo and behold, my parcel 'turned up' the next day! Had I not taken action who knows what would have happened to my stuff. It goes without saying that there was no suggestion of a reduction as compensation for the stuff up in the extremely steep price ShopMate charge for shipping to Australia. They take 9 weeks to find and ship your stuff? Just live with it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jimbo, While it's not good to hear your parcel was unaccounted for, and for such a long time, I am glad to hear we were able to locate it for you when you contacted us - we're here to help! Ne... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Totally incompetent-can't Checkout And Pay And A Total Ripoff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

Says cookies enabled or disabled, one of the two... So I can't checkout and pay. In my 15 years of doing online business not once have I been asked to have the skills of a computer programmer to modify my macbook, now I have to wait till someone tells me how I can pay-oh, and $37 for a package under 2kgs 15 x 15x 10cm -is extortion. Cheaper to go elsewhere.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Melea, I'm sorry that you have had trouble completing your transaction. Changing the settings of your cookies really isn't that hard and doesn't require you to modify your whole Macbook, just t... read more »

Launceston

Arrived safely!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I ordered a new phone that hadn't been released in Australia, so had to ship it via the US. I read Shopmate reviews and was wary, but went ahead due to it being affiliated with Australia Post.

I started to become concerned after my phone had been marked us delivered for over 48 hours, but the item had not been uploaded to my Shopmate account. I sent an email through, and it turns out the original sender had missed our suite number, so, not Shopmates fault. My parcel was quickly assigned to me once I'd sent the email, and was available to make payment within 24 hours. My parcel arrived to me within 7 days of making the payment.

I did feel the shipping was a little slow, but it was in their timeframes. The cost was on the expensive side, but I was aware of the shipping costs before placing the order. Overall I am satisfied with my experience, but hope to not have to use mail forwarding regularly!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Zet,

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience using the service.

melbourne

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Rip Off..rates...go Elsewhere!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Rip off.. Rates really over the top. Shop elsewhere...Everything was priced separately. Why not "Bundle" everything. Six items...219 aud wth. Everyone Complain to the ombudsman. No wonder Australia Post in the trash..I wouldn't be surprised if Australia post was in kahoots with those massive multinationals that won't post to Australia because they have distributors here who pay huge amounts of money to monopolize & inflate & dictate... Subdugate the irate peasants while they sit in their ivory towers...Etc etc. Ps Also they "Lost" 300 aud package to USA & gave me 50 lol.. Which this compensation amount hasn't changed since.
1987...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Fly,

That certainly is a lot of postage to pay though there is a bundling service as is noted on the ShopMate website here http://auspo.st/2xzVH4i

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the costs of the service.

Alice

what a feeble attempt at "customer service"...obviously you dont care...aka auspost dont give a rats...ceo getting 11million...while have a look at comments on this site...one star feedback...plus ... read more »

DO NOT USE THEM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

This service did not work for me.
They changed their policies for pet products.
It was never listed as a prohibited item. Then few days after dealing with them, they put it on their website. Such a scam. If i had known that prior, i would not have used this service.
i then had to pay $40 for them to ship it next door to another forwarding company. ridiculous.
They never gave any discounts for the inconvenience they caused me.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Shil, This must've been really frustrating for you, however I'm sure that the timing of the addition was purely coincidental and not because you had purchased pet products, as changes like that... read more »

This service is a rip off. Shipping rates are insane. I'll not use them again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

This service is a rip off, more expensive than shipping from Amazon directly even with their pitiful bundling discount. I'll not use them again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Seth,

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the costs, however this service isn't intended to be a cheaper postage alternative, it's intended to be a way to buy things from companies that don't deliver to Australia at all.

Perth

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

$37 shipping?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

You're seriously going to charge me $37 dollars for a hat? That's ridiculous, absolute scam and rip off, do not recommend in the slightest to anyone, highly recommend another service if you can, I know have to pay this scam. Charge me $14 for something that weighs 0.5kg? That's absurd, I'll never use this service again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi HP, I'm sorry that you aren't happy with the shipping costs associated with this service. Postage is calculated using the cubic volume of the parcel rather than the weight of it, as larger parc... read more »

It doesn't, my package is .5kg why am I getting charged at 1.2kg? That's ridiculous. Any way I can get it out of your warehouse and posted with another carrier?

Australia Post Official

Hi HP, Even though the hat is light, it's obviously in a large box and it's the dimensions of the box that pushed the cubic weight equivalent up so high. You can find out all about the postage r... read more »

Really good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Joined Shopmate even after reading some bad reviews, just received first parcel.
So my experience with them so far is low but perfect so far!
Thanks to Emma from Australia Post for answering my questions and being so helpful

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Glen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions. I hope that any and all future purchases go as perfectly as this one.

1 of 25 pages

I am trying to order Bob Ross Artist Oil Paint from his store in the USA and wanted to know if the billing adress is indeed meant to be my private adress? I thought this was the case but it wont allow me to enter Australia as a country. Thanks

Jeff L asked on Oct 12, 2017

Hi Jeff,

The billing address needs to be matching with the details of the payment method you're using, such as your credit card. If the website you're purchasing the goods off won't accept an Australian address, you can contact your bank or credit card provider to see if they can add your ShopMate address as a secondary billing address on your account.

Roxy

Hi there i wanted too try shopmate out but i don't know what to put down as the billing address, i tried looking through the FAQ but nothing really said anything about it, i was looking through this website and a few are telling me to put down my actual address into the billing address section but the problem is that the website i want to purchase from won't allow me to put down my actual address into the billing address section, so i'm asking what do i put down in that section

Frank asked on Oct 08, 2017

Answer this

Your billing address is to connect you with your credit card when making a purchase. You must make sure your billing address is your actual address otherwise the transaction won't go through. If the website doesn't allow your to put your billing address in there is sometimes an option to change the country of your credit card. change that to Australia and it will allow you to put in the billing address.
hope this helps!

Hi Frank,

As Adam has summed up, the billing address needs to be matching with the details of the payment method you're using, such as your credit card. If the website you're purchasing the goods off won't accept an Australian address, you can contact your bank or credit card provider to see if they can add your ShopMate address as a secondary billing address on your account.

Roxy

I have tried twice to use my shopmate address with neiman marcus, and both times they have cancelled my order the following day as they can’t verify the address. My friend had no problems with the same address. Any clue why this company struggles and if there is anything so can change to fix it? Thank you.

Leah A asked on Oct 05, 2017

Answer this

Make sure your Billing address is not the same as your shipping address. Your billing address must be your actual Australian address. On Neiman Marcus the first address it asks you to fill in is your billing address, then at the bottom untick the "use this address as my shipping address" and then enter your ShopMate address. If the option is there, make sure you put your credit card as being Australian. The other thing to make sure is that you put your suite number as address line 2 rather than 1.
Hope this helps!

Hi Leah,

Adam has provided some great tips here! Some companies can pick up on the fact that they're forwarding addresses though and they don't like that - best to also double check with the company itself.

Roxy

Thank you. I am checking with them now, fingers crossed!

See all 73 questions about Australia Post Shopmate