Filter By:
  • 14 helpful votes

Really poor

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

A really poor service - the reviews here are all right on the mark and reflects on my experience. An expensive service that does not live up to what it charges if it even works in the first place! Combative and rube support people who don't help when something goes wrong.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ian, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us here. I'm sorry you had troubles with the service, and I can only encourage you to reach out to the ShopMate team directly (1300 624 475) s... read more »

worst ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

VERY VERY EXPENSIVE.
They charge 3 times much than other shipping company.
Do not waste your money for late delivery.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. We always recommend customers read our FAQs and check our postage price calculator (http://auspo.st/1En0OlH) before they purchase, to make su... read more »

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

They'll do anything to take your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I've had problems with-
1. Importing liquids: I was asked to provide chem safe paper work. I did that. Then they refused to send it anyway.
2. Consolidating packages: Can't be bothered sharing this extremely long winded story, however I was overcharged and through many emails I was refunded. Still felt ripped off at the end of the day...
3. Being charged for a 4.8kg when my package is 2kg: There's no repackaging option for this reason (SO THEY CAN RIP YOU OFF!)

Overall I find the whole service tedious and weary. It gives me that feeling when shopping in a third world country, always skeptical of where and how they're trying to get more money out of me.

I can't wait for the new GST to come in because SHOPMATE (yeah mates rates huh... lol) will see its downfall. People will resort to grey market posting through friends/acquaintances. This will mean that SHOPDODGE will crash which means less money in the Aussie economy. And you know what... I can't wait to avoid that tax and shopmate!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Adyn. We always recommend checking out the FAQs which let you know what you can and can't send, as well as what postage prices you can expect: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

The worst and the most dishonest shipping service I have ever used! Will not use again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

I have been using Shopmate several times and I never really paid attention on how the shipping costs are calculated.
Until last week I ordered a pair of boots and their weight is 2 kilos. According to the website, the shipping should cost $42.75. However, they charged me $52.70. I already paid for it and I don't want waste my time on getting my money back because the customer service is useless. My parcel has arrived at the warehouse for two weeks and they did not notify me. I contacted the customer service and they told me they didn't have my suite number on the invoice. I gave them my details and it took them almost a week to find my package. And After I paid for the shipping cost, they demanded I send them the invoice within 2 days otherwise they will charge $55 for administration fee. If I have not checked my email within 2 days, I will be charged more money for already overcharged shipping. It's the long weekend and I am going out on holiday. It totally ruined my mood. I will never use Shopmate EVER!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Maggie,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahead to make sure our product is right for you and doesn't catch you out unaware: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ

~Sami

Did you actually read my comment? I checked the postage calculator and a 2kg parcel should cost $42.75. At least you should explain why you charged me for $52.70 instead of just copy and paste scri... read more »

Judging by what you said, I think it's very clear why I think your customer service is useless.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Always more expensive than you think

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I've use Shopmate twice now and feel that I have been overcharged both times. First package was for clothes and was a consolidated purchase form one merchant. The postal weight was much higher than the merchant's weight (considering dimensions and weight) and was about double what I expected. The second order I was mysteriously charged $38 for a parcel that doesn't exist (I never order anything and yet I was charged for this mysterious parcel and it "disappeared into the system" and was thus never shipped or can be tracked. From what Auspost can fathom it never existed and I am trying to obtain a refund for this transaction which still happened to date. It appears that for the majority of people you are better off using other parcel forwarding services.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi AussieAngelcakes,

If you believe you've been overcharged I strongly suggest getting in touch with the ShopMate team directly on 1300 624 475 so they can go over it with you. They'll be more than happy to help out!

Roxy

Ive already contacted Shopmate twice about the overcharge for the phantom package. It seems I have to be the one chasing for my money back when Shopmate was the one that erred.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Very poor customer service and incredibly delayed delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I know you are probably thinking from the heading, that I must have placed an order at peak time or that I ordered something that was bound to get held up at customs. Well think again, I ordered in March, not exactly peak time and it’s a dress, so not something that typically causes an issue at customs. It is over a month late and the only responses I have had from AusPost have been that the dress is being held up at customs. Though customs claims this is fake news. So yeah basically I’m really upset with, not only the really poor service, the dress was due to arrive 11.4.2018 and I’m still waiting, but also the absolutely terrible customer service. AusPost - never again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, This definitely seems to be taking a lot longer than it should to arrive. I'd be happy to check this out for you and see if I can find out what's going on, I'll just need a bit more info... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 15 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Warning: OVERPRICED DISHONEST CONDUCT + Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Shipment dead weight is 3kg but I was charged a volumetric fee for over 6kg so double the price! So I asked for the repackaging additional service but was told after waiting an additional 2 days processing that it was not able to be repackaged. So imagine my surprise when I receive my order which was placed in 3/4 empty box!!! Unfortunately, Australian based customer service was just as pathetic offering me a generic coupon code thats readily available on the WWW. I wish I read the reviews on here, before deciding to change forwarding companies. Stay away, and find a more reputable company to deal.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ih8un, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us here. We don't want our customers to be hit with postage fees they weren't anticipating, and always encourage them to go through our FAQs... read more »

Did you even read my review before posting your copy and paste scripted reply? Perhaps you should do so before pretending you actually care about customers feedback

• 1 answer
  • 13 helpful votes

NOT CHEAP!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Even with my 20% discount for 1st time Shopmate, my 900gm pair of heels is STILL going to cost me $38.16. If I didn't have this discount it would be $47.80. You would think Aust Post would be happy for the business, and in some way make is more affordable. All of my Int'l shopping sites that do ship to Aust charge WAY less. I will never shop on a Int'l site that doesn't ship to Aust anymore, as I will not be using Shopmate again. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Roscoerex, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I always recommend customers check out the ShopMate FAQs before they go ahead with their purchase so they can be aware of the shippi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

There are size restrictions on parcels!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

I get that I can not expect to ship a fridge or washing machine but a print really! Signed up, placed my order on Amazon, came back to the site to check postage cost and low and behold restrictions exist on sizes. Went about cancelling my order on Amazon. Reading other reviews this is a reoccurring issue. Might I suggest that someone please do some user testing on this service, so others don't continue to make the same mistake!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Richard, There are indeed size restrictions on what you can order. They're all listed in our Shipping Restrictions page though (http://auspo.st/119MVte) and I always recommend checking these ou... read more »

Lol, pity when someone signs up you don't send them to a page that provides all this information instead of first providing the address to send parcel too. You clearly have the priorities around the wrong way on sign up.

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

The worst experience - held to ransom

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Before shopping I read terms and conditions and viewed the information available on what could be sent.
Terms and conditions do not stipulate the size requirements, theses are 'hidden' on the separate information page and can only be accessed by scrolling down the screen (ShopMate is more interested in telling customers they cant ship guns & explosives than letting us know the size limits of packages).
Upon arrival at Shipping station, the package was held up for being 'oversize' (it was a tin stick 50cm too long which was the offending item) My options were 1. destroy the package (valued at $900), 2. return the package to where it came from (at my cost) or forward the package to another USA address (at my cost).
After 2 weeks of trying to communicate with Shopmate, I have been charged $114 to forward the package.
Shopmate has held up the shipping of this item by 2 weeks (so far) and cost $114 with no added value.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Will, I'm so sorry you missed this information! It's definitely on the website under our Calculating Shipping page, our Shipping Restrictions page and the What You Can and Can't send page. I'll... read more »

Overpriced

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Ordered a supplement which is cheaper overseas and also on sale in Australia. Unfortunately this service won't ship supplements which is beyond stupid. Then charges more than the value of the package to redirect it to another US address. Stay away from this useless "service".

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ThievingSix, I apologise if this caught you out unaware. We always suggest checking out our FAQs on the ShopMate website before making your purchase to check that you're able to use ShopMate to... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Would give it no stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I have used this service three times, the first time the service was acceptable but not amazing. I was charged $32.85 for a pair of children's shoes, the second time was a disaster with only one of the three items I ordered arriving. When I checked the shipping restrictions it turns out that one of the items I ordered could probably not be legally shipped (a chalk paint additive) which was my fault but the other item should have been shipped but was never received and I was charged over $50 for the only item in the order that was sent. The third item is the worst by far. I have ordered a pair of riding chaps, they are lightweight mesh and about the length of a pair of football socks. Shopmate have invoiced me for over $82 for this item. The service is appalling and I can't believe that our national postal carrier can perform so badly and be so expensive I am warning everybody I know not to use them. Worst service experience ever.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mara,

If you feel you've been charged incorrectly or something doesn't quite seem right with your invoice then I highly recommend giving our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll be able to help you out.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

Overpriced scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I only used this as I closed my old MyUs account some time ago and thought I’d be able to ship item to my Parcel Locker (also operated by Aus Post) Wrong.
The cost is astoundingly expensive compared to my US plus they over charged me and added weight which didn’t exist to the package. I know this as I sent the item myself by UPS from the merchant to Shopmate and they recorded a weight of 5.5Lb (2.49kgs).
On my invoice with shopmate, this increase to 5.9kgs!!!! It was the same box that the item arrived in, just relabeled.
If I need to ship from the US again, I’ll just sign back up the MyUS, I get door to door delivery within 3-4 days of shipment request at a lower price and not get scammed in the process.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sally,

If you believe you might have been charged incorrectly I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475. They'll be able to discuss this with you, as well as sort out any issues with the invoice.

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

ShopLate not ShopMate, they are not a mate!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I will be factual with this review:

23/02 - ordered ultra lightweight hiking gear
26/02 - Delivered to ShopLate
06/03 - Paid higher than the calculated ShopLate fees
06/03 - ShopLate estimated delivery 12-16 march
13/03 - stuck at customs - requested info
16/03 - provided info
18/03 - informed "These details should suffice for customs, if there are any issues we will contact you."
23/03 - Not receiving my item. Requested an update - did not receive any. (case was closed without my knowledge)
At this stage if I did not followup, I would have never received my item at all.

27/03 - I contacted ShopLate and start new enquiry for an update of my item that should have been resolved on the first enquiry.
27/03 - ShopLate requested for more info.
27/03 - provided info and requested the parcel to be delivered ASAP.
30/03 - ShopLate informed info was inadequate. (3 weeks after asking for it!! WTH )
05/04 - Provided info and told them that the information they are asking for Customs is actually inside with the parcel. Customs would have got this info!! Which my conspiracy mind start to wonder if it is actually with Customs at all!!
13/04 - still no parcel. (over 6 weeks)

ShopLate, great service!!
I will start ordering stuff for Christmas now....

• 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes

Much better services around

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Used this service as it was backed by australia post so I figured it might be better then my current one (stackry) ordered 5 separate items from Amazon, they arrived in the locker ok, but then "combined" the postage was 200 Aus! Was charged 22.95 per item and then 4.95 for weight charge (most were 500g) There was a "bundling discount" of $7.50 but that in no way made up for the other charges..... the whole point of these systems is to save money not pay twice as much!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michael. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahead to make sure our product is right for you and doesn't catch you out unaware: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ

Roxy

That presumes you know the exact size of each parcel which you don't until it's in your locker, mine could easily have been consolidated into one package instead of 5. Instead you give me a tiny 'd... read more »

Eastern Heights

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Do not use this service (there are others)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

First use - They tried to blame a non- existent snow event in Portland for a 3 day delay in shipping, after receiving my goods. 5 days from receipt to shipping. I eventually, received my goods (10 days later) but not after 5 days of email traffic between us. And always with a different person.
NO TRACKING WAS PROVIDED UNTIL THE ITEM HIT AUSTRALIAN SHORES

Second use - Purchased Folgers Coffee from Walmart. Shopmate received and labelled it as Dangerous / Prohibited Goods. I contacted the Dept of Agriculture (formerly AQIS) who confirmed, by email, that my goods were neither dangerous or prohibited. When Shopmate was presented with this written evidence (by return email) they ignored it and wanted a $28 redirect fee or my item or it would be disposed of for a $5.00 fee.
The item cost me $33. Shopmate was advised in no uncertain terms where they could stick the coffee.
There will NOT BE A THIRD USE

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Erik, We always recommend customers check out our FAQs and Shipping Guides before going ahead to ensure ShopMate is the right product to suit their needs. We do list 'Food, food by-products or ... read more »

Coffee is not food

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Like to hit you with extra costs wherever they can, consolidation of packages a rip off and postage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Now claim to consolidate packages at an extreme cost, charge for handling fees when return to sender requested even though prepaid return label provided, no tracking numbers supplied for items sent, postage for each item expensive.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi K c, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. We never want our customers to be caught out with an unexpected charge and we want to make sure our service is the correct one for them at all ... read more »

WESTMEAD

• 2 comments

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Terrible Terrible Service..Please don't think to use Australia Post ShopMate if don't have insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

I supposed to receive a parcel more than $700.00 valued. It was cleared the custom and according to the Australia Post Tracking system. It was in Chullora warehouse and ready to deliver next day. Australia post even send a SMS "tomorrow your parcel will be delivered". Last 15 days parcel never arrived and after 10 long calls, Australia Post told that item is lost, and Australia Post can only refund Maximum $50.00. Customer Service is terrible terrible, their staff don't know how to use the tracking system. When you call, after 5 mins put you on hold for 15 mins, come back with "sorry we are investigating..no further update". You will not be able to talk to the manager/Supervisor.
It supposed to deliver next day suddenly disappeared from tracking system, It is very suspicious (expensive and uninsured). Someone within Australia post is tracking this information.
Final Answer from Australia post "Suddenly disappeared from the tracking system"
Is there any justice?
Is there any Responsibility from Australia post?
My advice: DON't Use SHOPMATE

April 23rd 2018 Update: Terrible Service - Here is the response, Sorry will not bring the goods - Lost $750.00

Update for Investigation - 17003266
Good afternoon V,

From the outset, I would like to apologise for any deficiencies or disjointed information you have received from our office. While our investigation process has been thorough, as advised, we have had no option but to declare your item as lost in transit. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience this has caused.

In consideration of this matter, I have reviewed your case and would be happy to address your questions as requested; I appreciate you raising them.

By way of explanation, Australia Post strives to deliver all articles however with manual handling, we are unable to categorically offer a guarantee against human error, hence Australia Post offering a compensation scheme, commonly known as ‘Extra Cover’. In the event of loss or damage to articles lodged within our network, compensation is payable in line with the terms and conditions of the service used.

When we deem articles lost in transit, we have exhausted all humanly possible avenues of investigation. In this instance, we have not been able to locate your specific article, therefore justifying the decision to deem it lost. The last scan we have on this article was our Sydney Parcel facility, and that was the last trace of the item. That facility is predominantly machine sort, however some level of manual handling is conducted and there is no way for us to isolate a particular area or individual – therefore Australia Post (the corporation) take responsibly for the loss in this instance.

With regard to your claims of theft, our staff have extensive training and work within highly monitored environments, with security of the mail entrusted to us paramount, I am unable to comment further without specific evidence.

The ShopMate service as mentioned has an optional add-on service called Extra Cover (VCare), and for items of high value, it’s recommended purchasers opt for this service; without Extra Cover being taken, in the event of loss or damage, Australia Post will only pay compensation in line with our terms and conditions, for your reference I have included the link below:

(Refer Page 70).

Any deficiencies with the information you were provided during the course of the investigation have been addressed with the individuals concerned and appropriate counsel has been given. Our staff are fully trained and competent to handle all customer enquires; on the rare occasion information to the contrary is provided, we have processes in place to ensure we close any gaps in knowledge.

Australia Post relies on the feedback of our customers to provide the best possible service, and as such, we thank you for raising your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to respond. I hope this provides clarity from an Australia Post perspective and I offer my apologies for any disappointment this matter may have caused you.

Regards,
[name removed]
Senior Manager
Australia Post

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi vvan,

Please refer to our private message conversation if you need further assistance.

Roxy

OMG, Do you think Australia Post helped my query? I wasted hours and hours ... not helpful at all

How do I get the refund?

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Terrible service, delayed receipt, lost item, damaged item, nightmare!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

I don't know where to start. This was my first "trial" use of ShopMate and it was a complete and utter disaster. This is a truly amateurish business that does not have a clue what it is doing! Amazon delivered 2 separate items to ShopMate for me which they lost. After much "searching", a week later they found them but one was just an empty box!! Tried to ship the good item but website was a mess and refused to do it since it was linked to the item they lost. Contacted support many many times and finally told them to ship the good item back to Amazon. ShopMate did nothing in 2 weeks whereas Amazon then shipped the item to me in Australia in one week! ShopMate is not just incompetent, they are expensive too!

How could they lose my item in their warehouse and then find an empty box (did someone from ShopMate open the item and steal it??)

Run from this company. Do not do any business with them. Ever!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Doug, What a terrible experience! I'm so sorry that this happened to you and I'm glad that you got your items in the end. It sounds as if the parcel may have been damaged in transit to the ware... read more »

Alice, no I have still not received the second item. ShopMate refuse to reply to my questions about the status of it. It was lost in their warehouse but they expect me to just write it off. Seri... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

I will never use this service again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Would have given no stars if I could. What is the point of offering consolidated shipping if you can't consolidate packages that are not from the same merchant? Obviously if I was purchasing from the same merchant my packages would already be in 1 package. I wanted my items after waiting for so long and so many other issues including my chargeable weight being more than double the actual weight of my item (hence my intent of using consolidated shipping). I just paid for 4 packages to be done with the service. I will return my last package to sender (with a fee from Shopmate) to repurchase and send to a different forwarding service. Never again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mel, This is disappointing to hear and I apologise that our service didn't meet your needs this time around. We never want our customers to be caught out by something, and we have pretty detail... read more »

1 of 20 pages

1.5/5 from 557 reviews? That's terrible! Lucky I checked here before using the Shopmate service.How can a government owned business provide such a poor and deceptive service? I tried to make sense of the 'additional charges' on the Shopmate website and it was just a confusing minefield. This would explain the hundreds of complaints about overcharging on this review site. Australia Post, BE HONEST and TRANSPARENT about your charges? And how, just how, can I calculate my ACTUAL costs to use your service beyond the basic calculator you have listed on your site (which again, is deceptive as it doesn't calculate true cost of shipping goods)?

Rohloffp asked on Jun 12, 2018

Hi Rohloffp,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Our FAQs and pricing calculators are pretty transparent on what you can and can't send and what the expected costs will be, but if you're ever unsure, you can always give our ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475 or you can email them directly on shopmate@auspost.com.au. They'd be happy to help clarify anything for you.

Roxy

Shipped a mobile phone to the Oregon warehouse a week ago, but never got a notification from ShopMate that it arrived - I had to chase it myself. It's now been 'on hold' for 4 days, again with no communication from anyone... Why is my parcel on hold and why have I not been emailed or asked any questions? I would assume it's on hold because you need more info, like an invoice, but since you haven't asked me for any info, I can only assume I'm being stuffed around... If I was shipping live animals or other contraband, I could understand a package being on hold for days, but a simple mobile phone???

Simo asked on Jun 05, 2018

Hi Simo,

I definitely suggest giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday so they can have a look at your account and see what's going on.

Roxy

Hi Archie here, I purchased an item from the US trough shipmate but when i checked yesterday in the "My Shopping" section of the website it said that the package was "on hold." I emailed shopmate who told me to : 1. Log into your shopmate account 2. Declare your package 3. make payment I don't know how to declare a package. What does it mean by the package being "on hold?" Thanks in advance from Archie

Archie M asked on Apr 23, 2018

Hey Archie,

Your article is on hold until we have the additional information we need for the customs declaration. Once we have this and the payment has been done the article will continue it's journey to you.

Feel free to call our Shopmate team on 1300 624 475 if you have any issues or further questions.

~Sami