Not impressed

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2017

I ordered 1lb of whey protein from Amazon, through a company that makes and produces their product in California. It was flagged as dangerous goods, even though it is perfectly legal to order at a low quantity for personal use. It is a professional company that packages their products professionally. Had to pay a fee to return it, because they would not ship it. It's impossible to find a protein powder in Australia that is not packed full of junk or soy protein that also has no more that a 4-5 gram difference in protein to serving size difference.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this caught you out unaware Tiffany. It is mentioned in our ShopMate FAQs that food and perishable goods can't be sent using this service (http://auspo.st/2rRYQdx) but if you believe ... read more »

Scam Don't use!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I ordered a few sequins from a firm in America whose postage was 4 -6 weeks so thought I would try this!

My Package would have only weighed a few grams but I was charged for half of a kilo when I told them they could keep my package as their ridiculous postage fee was more than my package was worth, they were going to charge me for disposal as well!!

Main mistake I made was to not read the t's and c's thoroughly and the charges for such a small package.

Don't make the same mistake I did!! READ THE T'S AND C'S AND CHECK THE COSTS!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ritsy,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear the postage charges have caught you out unaware. We definitely always recommend checking our FAQs and postage guides before going ahead so you can be sure this is the service for you: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Lost parcel for 9 weeks- magically 'found' only after I got in touch

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I ordered some books back in June. Not having heard anything for over two months, I contacted the seller, who provided me with the tracking number and confirmation that my parcel had been delivered in June. I contacted ShopMate- and lo and behold, my parcel 'turned up' the next day! Had I not taken action who knows what would have happened to my stuff. It goes without saying that there was no suggestion of a reduction as compensation for the stuff up in the extremely steep price ShopMate charge for shipping to Australia. They take 9 weeks to find and ship your stuff? Just live with it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jimbo, While it's not good to hear your parcel was unaccounted for, and for such a long time, I am glad to hear we were able to locate it for you when you contacted us - we're here to help! Ne... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Totally incompetent-can't Checkout And Pay And A Total Ripoff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

Says cookies enabled or disabled, one of the two... So I can't checkout and pay. In my 15 years of doing online business not once have I been asked to have the skills of a computer programmer to modify my macbook, now I have to wait till someone tells me how I can pay-oh, and $37 for a package under 2kgs 15 x 15x 10cm -is extortion. Cheaper to go elsewhere.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Melea, I'm sorry that you have had trouble completing your transaction. Changing the settings of your cookies really isn't that hard and doesn't require you to modify your whole Macbook, just t... read more »

melbourne

Rip Off..rates...go Elsewhere!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Rip off.. Rates really over the top. Shop elsewhere...Everything was priced separately. Why not "Bundle" everything. Six items...219 aud wth. Everyone Complain to the ombudsman. No wonder Australia Post in the trash..I wouldn't be surprised if Australia post was in kahoots with those massive multinationals that won't post to Australia because they have distributors here who pay huge amounts of money to monopolize & inflate & dictate... Subdugate the irate peasants while they sit in their ivory towers...Etc etc. Ps Also they "Lost" 300 aud package to USA & gave me 50 lol.. Which this compensation amount hasn't changed since.
1987...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Fly,

That certainly is a lot of postage to pay though there is a bundling service as is noted on the ShopMate website here http://auspo.st/2xzVH4i

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the costs of the service.

Alice

what a feeble attempt at "customer service"...obviously you dont care...aka auspost dont give a rats...ceo getting 11million...while have a look at comments on this site...one star feedback...plus ... read more »

DO NOT USE THEM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

This service did not work for me.
They changed their policies for pet products.
It was never listed as a prohibited item. Then few days after dealing with them, they put it on their website. Such a scam. If i had known that prior, i would not have used this service.
i then had to pay $40 for them to ship it next door to another forwarding company. ridiculous.
They never gave any discounts for the inconvenience they caused me.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Shil, This must've been really frustrating for you, however I'm sure that the timing of the addition was purely coincidental and not because you had purchased pet products, as changes like that... read more »

This service is a rip off. Shipping rates are insane. I'll not use them again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

This service is a rip off, more expensive than shipping from Amazon directly even with their pitiful bundling discount. I'll not use them again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Seth,

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the costs, however this service isn't intended to be a cheaper postage alternative, it's intended to be a way to buy things from companies that don't deliver to Australia at all.

Perth

$37 shipping?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

You're seriously going to charge me $37 dollars for a hat? That's ridiculous, absolute scam and rip off, do not recommend in the slightest to anyone, highly recommend another service if you can, I know have to pay this scam. Charge me $14 for something that weighs 0.5kg? That's absurd, I'll never use this service again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi HP, I'm sorry that you aren't happy with the shipping costs associated with this service. Postage is calculated using the cubic volume of the parcel rather than the weight of it, as larger parc... read more »

It doesn't, my package is .5kg why am I getting charged at 1.2kg? That's ridiculous. Any way I can get it out of your warehouse and posted with another carrier?

Australia Post Official

Hi HP, Even though the hat is light, it's obviously in a large box and it's the dimensions of the box that pushed the cubic weight equivalent up so high. You can find out all about the postage r... read more »

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Item declared "undeliverable" despite delivery not attempted.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Package reaches Sydney to be delivered to my work address where I regularly have parcels sent, on the delivery date supplied only to find that the item is marked "return to sender" despite delivery not being attempted. I know for a fact it is deliverable because my organisation RUNS THE MAILROOM at this address. 2 phone conversations and 2 emails to Auspost and am yet to be contacted by any representative of shopmate. All I want is the items that I have paid for. DO NOT USE SHOPMATE, hands down worst service I have ever encountered. So now I guess I will just spend all this time spent waiting for a response writing negative reviews until I receive my items.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Disgruntled, I would be disgruntled too if this had been my parcel. I'm glad that you've called us and logged cases. If you could let me know your case number I'd be more than happy to see what... read more »

Brisbane

Private message

Awful. Order sat for a month, no response, wouldn't ship battery bank even though it was eligible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2017

I checked that Shopmate could forward my battery banks. When Shopmate got them they said no, battery banks are battery cells, even though they actually cells inside the equipment they are designed for, Not to worry, I found an alternative shipper, and sent Shopmate an email as requested with the information. A month later I find that they didn't bother processing the forwarding. After paying an outrageous fee to have them sent to another forwarder within the USA they are gone - I'm now free of Shopmate, never to return.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Scott, This is really concerning to hear and I'm so sorry about your experience with our ShopMate service. I'd really like to take a look into this and see if I can find out what happened, as... read more »

Case 12236328 I appreciate your concern. I would advise you jump the sinking ship you are on. I can't fathom how Shopmate as a business is still operating with such terrible performance and resu... read more »

Australia Post Official

Hi Scott, I've had a read through your case and can see that while there was a delay in the actioning of the forwarding, the parcels have now all been forwarded and an email was sent to you on 17 ... read more »

Awful Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have previously purchased coffee pods from America and had them shipped using ShopMate without issue. Today I log in to my account to see my latest purchase only to find out that it has been rejected as it contains prohibited goods. Coffee? Prohibited?
Turns out they have this teeny tiny announcement at the top of their website that says their policy changed.
Now considering this is a service I have used previously and is not something I need to log in and notify of a parcel arriving how would I know this ahead of time? Did I get an email advising of changes? NO! Did I receive any form of communication from them that this would be changing? NO!
So now I have a parcel sitting there that they refuse to deliver, despite the fact that the Australian government website that they direct you to says coffee is not a prohibited item.
The customer service representative I spoke to was unhelpful to say the least and to top it all of they expect ME to pay to send it to a service that can send it to me.
I will be closing my account and will NEVER use this service again. I'll also be telling as many people as I can to not use this service (can you even call it a service if they do nothing?)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Lisa, What bad timing with the new changes and your order coming in, I'm so sorry this has happened! I agree it would have been much more ideal if an email had been sent to registered users an... read more »

What a scam- never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Bought a kids jacket off Amazon- total weight 1kg and charged for 2.5kg of weight and $53.00. Will never use this again!!! What a joke, wish I had of checked the reviews first. Would have been cheaper to post it out via amazon.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah, It sounds like your postage charges came under cubic weight as opposed to actual weight, which is explained in more detail in our FAQs: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH If you believe you've bee... read more »

Unreasonably slow delivery times

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

The first (and last) time using this "service". Should have stayed with my previous US mail forwarding company, slowest delivery times I've ever experienced in nearly 10 years of forwarding parcels from the US.
My advice - there are better options out there. In true Australia Post style, I'm assuming my parcels will show up when they feel like it. Most likely after I need them. One would have assumed 3 weeks was plenty of time to get parcels to Australia. Parcels ordered at the same time shipped directly arrived in 5 business days...Some of my order with this service is still sitting in the US!
Not to mention the 4 day delay between UPS notifying of parcel delivery and it showing up on my Shopmate account!
Never again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi KBA,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience. If you're still waiting for your deliveries I'd be more than happy to check them for you - please just send me a private message with the tracking number(s).

• 2 comments

Dont do it..its a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

I should have listed to the reviews... Shop mate is a total nightmare..it was meant to be easy according to their website. Looking at their T&Cs and there is pretty much nothing they do ship. They just want to hold your package ransom and charge more then the weight of the product to ship to another shipment company ...MASSIVE CON DO NOT TRUST

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Carrol, We do have some restrictions on dangerous goods like flammables and weapons but if you feel your item doesn't fall into this category I recommend speaking with our ShopMate team directl... read more »

It was tea! perfectly legal to bring in the country and yes I have called them and was promised help and got zero options.. Thanks for charging we 4 x the weight of my actual products too on the goods you did let through.

60 Grams was the weight of my package but AUS POST Scammers charged me for 500 grams and delayed my order by weeks. RIPP OFF

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Paid for postage on 21 July and received a confirmation email from ShopMate stating my payment had been received and that they will now "prepare my package for shipment" and notify me when it leaves their warehouse. Well its now 28 July and I still haven't been notified that its left the warehouse. So that makes it 7 days and still counting to pack and post a package! If I'd known postage would be so slow I would have used another shipper. Postage costs were also about 20% higher than indicated on their website and higher than standard US postage costs. Very poor service and a complete rip off in terms of costs.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

It does sound unusual that you haven't received that confirmation yet. If you haven't done so already, please contact ShopMate directly on 1300 624 475 (8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday) and they'll be able to take a look into it.

What a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

And what a mistake I've made - should've come this site before trusting Aust Post. Let's focus on the facts: $8 value of stuff (special PVC fittings, 20mm in size - Yes you heard it right, 20mm, measuring it). I got charged OVER $40 for shipping. My rough math suggests it more than 5 TIMES of what you purchase. What a horrify joke... Shoppers be aware! Holy moly....

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you felt you were over charged for postage when it was a small order. It sounds like you've been charged the cubic weight of your item as opposed to the actual size, wh... read more »

Terrible experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I just purchased 2 similar sized item from 2 separate suppliers and they are both marine vinyl to use for upholstery, and both worth approx $60US. Unfortunately 1 of them is a bit too long as it was not folded when packed and as a result was deemed too long for shopmate.

I have been in touch with supplier and they will repack item once shopmate sends back. However shopmate want to charge over $80US to send back to supplier (initial postage was only $20US), so the return postage costs more than the item originally cost me!!!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience Steve.
If you still need assistance with this one I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday for further support.

Total Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Ordered some tools from Amazon as they don't deliver to Australia. Problem 1. Delivered to Shopmate in Portland 9am 07/07/2017 and after constantly asking what happened to my parcel, they finally found it 12/07/2017. Problem 2. Actual weight 1.4kg but calculated it to be 4.3kg for postage to Oz. Problem 3. Then I was told the tools were a prohibited item which according to Australia Post website on prohibited items they are not. I asked which of the seven tools was a prohibited item and got no answer just the usual "refer to our website". Problem 4. I now have to send the parcel (at an extortionate Shopmate rate) to another shipping company in the US that I that I have contacted and they will ship to Australia at a significantly lower rate using USPS. I will never use Shopmate again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jinx,

I'm sorry to hear about your ShopMate experience. If you have a case number from when you've contacted us, send it to me in a private message and I'll take a look at it and make sure all correct processes have been followed.

Truganina

Private message

Thank god I read these reviews before joining up!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

This is a case of learning from other peoples experiences. No hope of me ever using this service! Thank you product review and the people who have taken their time to write a review.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're here to help if you ever need assistance with any of our products.

If you ever want your package - Don't use SHOPMATE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have a small business and which is currently on hold because of this very unreliable and inefficient service. I've been repeatedly told by staff at the call centre my package would be delivered and I've been eating for WEEKS! They promise to return phone and not once have i received a call back. Don't use this service it's a sham and doesn't work and it's seriously affected my small business which is currently unable to function because I can't get a package delivered which is just sitting in Sydney at a warehouse and no one seems to be able to scan the box and put it on a truck - which I would think is a standard function of a delivery service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi FiB222,

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened with your ShopMate order. If you'd like to send me a private message with the tracking number and your case number I'll have someone from our ShopMate team take a look and get back to you.

1 of 17 pages