Total Scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 19, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jinx,

I'm sorry to hear about your ShopMate experience. If you have a case number from when you've contacted us, send it to me in a private message and I'll take a look at it and make sure all correct processes have been followed.

Truganina

Private message

Thank god I read these reviews before joining up!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 17, 2017

This is a case of learning from other peoples experiences. No hope of me ever using this service! Thank you product review and the people who have taken their time to write a review.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Greg,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're here to help if you ever need assistance with any of our products.

If you ever want your package - Don't use SHOPMATE

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2017

I have a small business and which is currently on hold because of this very unreliable and inefficient service. I've been repeatedly told by staff at the call centre my package would be delivered and I've been eating for WEEKS! They promise to return phone and not once have i received a call back. Don't use this service it's a sham and doesn't work and it's seriously affected my small business which is currently unable to function because I can't get a package delivered which is just sitting in Sydney at a warehouse and no one seems to be able to scan the box and put it on a truck - which I would think is a standard function of a delivery service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi FiB222,

I'm so sorry to hear about what's happened with your ShopMate order. If you'd like to send me a private message with the tracking number and your case number I'll have someone from our ShopMate team take a look and get back to you.

Horrifically expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

I needed a replacement part for an insulated drink bottle that only ships within the US. Total weight maybe 100g wrapped. ShopMate only shows you the cost of your shipment after it arrives. They weighed the package at 500g and estimated $27.90 to ship it. The drink bottle itself cost less than that to ship from the States, including the purchase price. I will use a different remailer service in future. Please warn your parents against ShopMate because they are surely its target market.

Sydney

Verified Purchase

Horrific service, lost package

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2017

Ordered an item from the US which arrived in the Shopmate warehouse no problem however once the item was shipped from the warehouse to Australia the issues started to appear. Firstly, after 10 days, the tracking did not update. I called up and they assumed the package has been lost in transit. I will update if there is any improvements however so far the package is still lost. The only thing the support team said is that they will hope the package will arrive... useless...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Liam,

I'm sorry to hear you haven't received your order yet. Can you please let me know what the case number is from when you called so I can take a look at it please?

12380687 Ticket says resolved, however this is most definitely not resolved

Brisbane

• 2 comments

ShopMate = ShopHate close to Zero customer support

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2017

I set up a ShopMate account, first article that arrived at my suite has been flagged as OVERSIZE... time to bend over and take the ShopHate treatment.
My mistake, I arranged shipping of an article to my ShopHate suite & then checked dimension/weight limits.

After setting up an account & booking the service I then checked the online shipping calculator for an estimate. I realised then that my article could be OVERSIZE according to ShopHate limitations. I contacted the vendor I purchased the item from (Amazon USA) but they had no way to ver
ify packaging size or weight. I did google searches & the item looked like it would possibly meet ShopHate requirements (definitely under maximum weight but I could not confirm dimensional data of the article). I emailed ShopHate as soon as I anticipated a concern to advise the item "might be oversize" when it arrives as I could only estimate the dimensions. I was advised they would consider repackage the articles to meet requirements at a small fee.
I left this phone conversation feeling confident the matter had been resolved.

But..... No surprise when the article was flagged as oversize by 6cm! ShopHate has a 105cm maximum Length (actual length of unconfirmed article size has been measured at 111cm)

I contacted customer support & after no acceptable solution was offered by ShopHate I asked for the item to ship the article domestically to MyUS suite, I also emailed the domestic shipping details & quote to ShooHate under the concern number they provided me (MyUS is the same type of international shipping service but they do not have dimensions limits & charge only by the weight of the package).

The online domestic road shipping quote by FedEx from ShopHate to MyUS was USD$45.17 (Also MyUS international shipping quote to Australia was over USD$50 less than the original ShopHate quote).

ShopHate have now (after several times that I have followed up with emails & phone calls) sent me a domestic shipping quote of AUD$171 to ship by road to MyUS freight forwarder.

I contacted ShopHate again & asked why the item can't be sent with FedEX at USD$45, the response was we only use UPS AUD$171

So in short, ShopHate has be bent over a barrel and doing a remake of Pulp Fiction at my expense.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had with your ShopMate order. If you can please share your case number with me I'd be happy to have one of our ShopMate team members review it and... read more »

12195582

12195582- still MORE problems

I will email AustPost again with details

Dealing with shopmate is like living in a distopian Monty Python novella.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2017

Sent me a an invoice with arrival date. I paid their fee. Month later nothing. I called them. A jar of metallic paint flakes is being held at the warehouse in the states. After a few calls they asked for a Data Sheet for paint flakes. Seriously? I sent it. No response. Week later, told they'll get back to me. 4th time. Not holding my breath. Pretty bad..Meanwhile, I've got a job on the bench costing me money and a customer waiting.

HERE'S AN UPDATE: See how many contradictions you can pick, also remember they've taken my money and I've sent
them all relevant documents.
*Note: this is a single email body of text. "It maka no sense!"

Update for Investigation - 11989367
Hi Steve

Thank you for your patience whilst the team in the Shopmate Warehouse have been reviewing your parcel.

Unfortunately we are unable to ship this to Australia and we are unable to arrange for a carrier to collect your parcel to take it to any other location in the US, as we are unable to confirm that the contents of the parcel are not dangerous.

Dear Steve

Thank you for contacting us about your ShopMate account. I am happy to assist you with information today.

I am very sorry that it has taken us longer than anticipated to get back to you. We are currently experiencing higher than normal enquiry's, and are working hard to make sure that we get back to our customers as soon as we can.

At this point you have three options which are;

1. Request that the full package or only the prohibited items be discarded (a $5 fee applies)
2. Request that the US warehouse returns the package to the merchant - for them to do this you will need to provide us with a returns label. This can be obtained from the merchant. (Postage fees will need to be paid by the merchant or yourself in addition to the Return Handling fee of $5)

For option 2, please also advise the value of the contents of the package and a contact number for the sender

I’m sorry that we are unable to ship this item to Australia for you. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Regards,
Andrew E
Australia Post

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Stevel,

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you've had getting your paint order. I've reached out to our ShopMate team and have requested someone contact you as soon as possible to discuss this, so you should hear from them soon.

Private message

It won't accept my Australian address!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

I tried to set up my delivery address. The address fields have a maximum character length of 12 so it either rejects or abbreviates names and street names etc. Totally useless.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Rob, That sounds a little unusual. Is this a Parcel Locker address you're trying to use? As a work around, you could try abbreviating your name to a first initial and your last name, for exampl... read more »

I discussed with the ShopMate team who came up with an abbreviated version that I wouldn't feel comfortable using. Isn't a 12 character limit for a name or address field too restrictive?

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

1 Star is the lowest possible rating that can be given, but that is still incredibly generous

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2017

Great idea in theory, Australians would have loved this service if it wasn't so poorly managed.

First of all, I had a hard time even logging in to my Shopmate account - then I had a hard time declaring any of my packages on the site. Finding the Shopmate customer service-number was a mission too (on purpose I bet), and then the wait time was pretty long to speak to someone.

Secondly, the item weight-listed is always more than what it actually weighs, even with the packaging. I'm generous, so I let that fly, but THEY WILL CHARGE YOU THE "
WEIGHT" BY PACKAGE SIZE even if it's mostly air. They tried to charge me 6X the actual item weight.

You can have your packages re-packaged (for $5) so it will be smaller, and charged less to ship - but that option isn't obviously shown when you are at the checkout. I had to call and wait 15 minutes to get that sorted. Still in the process, but I will keep this updated.

Watch out, Shopmate is a money-grab rip-off.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JJJ, Thanks for your feedback on your shopping experience. I'm sorry you had trouble with a few different sections of the website, what browser are you using? We find Google Chrome to be the sm... read more »

Thanks for the heads up, I was using Google Chrome. Why is the $5 re-packaging option isn't shown at the check-out page? You'd think that such an iconic company like Australia Post would have the... read more »

Just had the worst customer experience with Shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I have actually used this service several times before and had no issues. But this time it was so bad that I will never use them again (though I was expecting as some point this would happen based on all the bad reviews). FOR ALL those people who say they are not sure why people are complaining about this service - I used to be you once. You may never experience this coz you're lucky or your goods are not dangerous. But the minute it goes wrong, they will NOT give you the service to fix the problem (that is my main issue).

Firstly it's very
expensive and is only worth it for bulk/larger items. They don't offer consolidated packaging. Also it does take ages to actually register a product when it arrives (allow another 2-3 business days at least!). I was ok with this because I found it reliable and too lazy to look around.

But this last time - was the strangest experience I have ever had. I paid for 4 packages to be sent back home - only three package made it 2.5 weeks later (although they advertise 5 to 8 working days?) - that's when I realised my fourth package wasn't coming. When I called they told me there were dangerous goods (but never contacted me in the two weeks since I had paid to deliver). I straight away sent invoice and followed up next day - confirmed to discard and send asap (I was also on a two week time limit before I left again). When I still hadn't received a confirmation 72 hours later I called and found out US hadn't given reply. Later that day contacted me that there was another dangerous good. So I told them to discard straight away and demanded refund (which they agreed). Only sent the box the next Tuesday US time (I had confirmed on a Friday day) and money order for refund a week later - so neither arrived before I left (will not be back for another 6 months)..... I had told them I was on a time limit - they all were very acknowledging of it but did nothing to actually help make it go faster.

Am on the hunt for a better services and there seems to be heaps of options out there that are similar price (and maybe cheaper) and offer consolidated packaging. https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/shopmate-and-us-freight-forwarding-services

I will never be using shopmate again.. my main concern was not that a mistake occurred but that it seemed ok for them not to handle it or have any obligation to take responsibility. I had to do all the following up and pushing (and that didn't even work!). That's not ok when you are paying as much as you do...

Comments
Australia Post Official

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience Tam. If you'd like to share your case number with me I can definitely take a look at this.

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase

Misleading service, a total scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you expected Kris. It is true that we aren't able to pack all items into one parcel. We do always recommend customers read through our FAQs before going a... read more »

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Absolutely the worst experience I've had with customer service ever. My package was delivered by USPS on a Monday morning and confirmed for delivery via tracking number for the Shopmate freight forwarding service. It didn't show up in the "Your Shopping" area within 48 hours so I emailed once aftee this time. I was told it would be up to 2-4 business days and to wait the extra two days. Where did this 4 days come from? Your own website says "within 48 hours". Fine - I waited the suggested 4 days and i
t still hasn't shown up. My next email was completely ignored. One week had passed and I called on a Monday morning and requested information from Australia post but they did not give me any definite answers as they said they were not trained in Shopmate and had to call me back. It has been 1 week and I have no idea where my package is. I also don't know how to get compensation for such an expensive item when it is clearly the freight services fault but I need to go through Australia post Shopmate who are completely incompetent and won't even lodge an enquiry until more than double the time. I needed the package 4 days ago. Is the service going to be free since you've inconvenienced me so much? I asked for compensation but there is no guarantee once again. I also cannot call Shopmate as they have no number listed and I have a full time job and cannot afford the time to deal with this issue. I just need compensation for my time wasted and for it to work and be resolved immediately, yet nobody will give me an answer about anything as they are either not trained or uncontactable through other means and won't reply to emails. I am about to lodge and enquiry with the office of fair trading and I suggest you bombard the OFT with complaints if you do not receive your package immediately. There is no point waiting for this service to care about their customers and they clearly do nybor they would have contacted me directly offering renumeration and further help but nobody has done so after multiple requests.

DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ggqq, It's disappointing to hear about your experience with ShopMate and I can appreciate why you'd be frustrated. Have you got a case number that I can take a look at? ShopMate does have a nu... read more »

I have multiple: When I emailed the first two times: 11651626 When I called: 11718495 I don't have time to deal with this anymore. If you are not offering a hasty resolution and further ... read more »

1 of 26 pages