Victoria

• 1 question
  • 2 answers

overcharge

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I'm not happy with the way the shipping is charge. Overcharge
My parcels are still at USA warehouse as i found I'm overcharge with shipping rate which I'm not happy at all..

I HAD 5 parcels in total and due in less then 7days to ship it out.

How can 1.3kg charge me 2kg?
1.2kg charge me 1.5kg?
09kg charge me 1.1kg? all is like just like over to charge extra??

and i have another parcel coming in soon.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi svals,

I recommend contacting our ShopMate team directly on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday so they can look into this for you.

hi just received another last parcel.. 0.5kg charge me 1.3kg worst

hi i had tried to call its had to get through. pls sort this out for me

Sydney

• 3 comments
Private message

Waiting for confirmation of package

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

I'm giving this service a 2 because I have used hopshopgo many times in the past and the service was better. I have had 2 items shipped to shopmate (the first arrived last week and I received confirmation very quickly) the 2nd arrived there over a day and half ago and I am still awaiting my notification. I want All my items shipped together and have to wait for this notification. I have emailed an inquiry and am waiting for that also. Considering the shipping fees are not cheap I would expect better service. I want to know where my 2nd package is?

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Annue,

Glad to hear you've contacted the team already. If you can kindly share your enquiry reference number with me I'd be more than happy to take a look into it, and have our ShopMate team get back to you.

overcharged

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 24, 2017

I bought a pair of shoes which weigh 303 grams plus the weight of the shoe box etc.
UPS who delivered to the Shopmate warehouse in USA charged based on a weight of up to 3 pounds.
Shop Mate charged me based on a weight of 2.9kg - for a pair of 303 gram shoes!
Ripped off!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Bob, It's very possible that this was the cubic weight of the box, as opposed to the actual weight of the item, which is explained in our ShopMate FAQs here: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH If you fee... read more »

Great communication, far too expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

Communication was great - easy to set up, plenty of emails letting me know when the package was sent and when it'd arrive. Professional.

Cost was another thing altogether. I bought two headphone cords at a combined weight of 60 grams and about 10 cm x 10 cm in a small package. No indication of cost, so I took a punt. It cost me $28. Just too much for such a small package, even considering handling costs.

I'd only use them again if I was completely desperate to get a package sent.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing this Adam :)

We always recommend customers check out our FAQ section on the ShopMate website which can help with estimating costs: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Roxy

Packages always get opened by US warehouse

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

It says on the website that from the US it'll be 5-8 days to get to Australia. I find that it is closer to 8 days than 5. My real concern is that they open all my packages and then tape them up again. I don't understand why that is necessary. I think on their website it says that if the box is big and it seems like there is only a small thing inside, they may re-package for a few and without consultation (which also doesn't sit right with me). Bu they have opened my bagged parcels that are stuffed full. I feel like my privacy has been violated and I really don't like it at all.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ruspo,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If you'd like to discuss the matter further I recommend calling ShopMate directly on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Mllthorpe

Private message

Lazy, expensive, yes and stupid too.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Tracking information! "Your parcel is on its way." "Your parcel is at an Australiapost facility" That's not tracking information. It's fluff! And it's utterly useless to anyone who wants to know why their parcel hasn't arrived after weeks of transit. Then there's the cost. Is twenty seven dollars okay? ... to ship a parcel, envelope size, weighing three grams, from Australiapost's dispatch centre in Portland to NSW. Or is it a scam masquerading as a public service?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christy, Our tracking information shows updates from key points within the delivery process but regrettably isn't backed by a live GPS service, so there is usually only a few updates available.... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

lost package, no contact etc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

ordered 2 packages within a few days of each other from the same company. one package arrived today, the other has status of not being recieved yet the company i purchased from sent me a confirmation email stating it was delivered. ive read the other reviews on here and now im realising im not the only consumer with concerns. stupidly i have ordered another item today, to be delivered by shopmate. now im thinking my second parcel has gone missing, never to be found, and wondering if i will ever recieve the item i ordered today. i chose shipmate thinking austpost would be a secure and legitt service to use. im yet to know if ive made the right choice. so much stuffing around with enquiries with absolutely no response from shopmate regarding my item. the company i purchased from now says they wont use a frieght service to post me my goods in the future. very very angry and frustrated.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kelly,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having trouble with this one, please give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475.

Chelsea

• 6 helpful votes

Expensive expensive expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I ordered a lightweight blanket from amazon. They shipped to Australia but were going to about $40. Using the calculator on the shopmate website, I determined it would be cheaper so decided to ship it there instead (the amazon shipping was free in the US). The package arrived and it was $53 to ship!!! What a joke, it's a baby pram blanket! What a mistake I made shipping via Australia post-I should have known better as everything with Aus Post is $$$. I've got some sinks being shipped via ShopMate, used the calculator but I'm dreading how much it is actually going to cost seeing as the calculator appears to be useless. Use another service as there are plenty around!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michelle. When using the calculator, the prices shown are in estimates only and the quote can change depending on the size of the packaging used by the sender. Ap... read more »

Wollongong

Private message

Disappointing. Expensive. Extortion. Frustrating.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

First off, my recommendation is to read their website very carefully. There are many terms like "may" and "at our discretion" that are littered throughout their terms. Secondly, an actual weight calculator is useless in shipping. After getting a quote of $45 (which sounded logical and reasonable) I decided to give their service a try. Now, if the person sending the item uses a huge box? Yeah, we now go by how much space that takes up, which makes your quote entirely irrelevant. $105 (a difference of $60 from the initial quote) had me wondering what went wrong.

Firstly they don't condense orders (this is also important), however they do repack them for a $5 fee. These are different services (which I now realise as the fact they don't condense was buried into the text afterwards). Repack is more than likely to cut the packaging down so it's not as large. But ironically for the items I ordered it was paying $5 to save $5... so really, what's the point? None, there is not a one. So that was really frustrating as I was just paying the extra $5-10 per item. Only one came back accurately, hurray.

Things that went right? All 4 packages I ordered through Amazon arrived 2 days before their expected dates. ShopMate updated 24-48 hours after their arrival and sent me an email to say they'd arrived. When I went to declare the items and prepare them for shipping, that was easy, although where all of my troubles started. The lady who I emailed about the condensing and shipping charges, while lovely, was bound by an "I can't do anything" code and simply pointed me at the website and the horrible shipping calculator.

Not a discount code was offered. Not a "one off" solution was offered. Simply a point at the website and a timer in my account ticking down as to how many days I have left of "Free Storage". Sadly, I've now ended up paying more for the delivery than the items and frankly should probably have just returned them to the sender, but even that costs $5 each. Once they've got your items you really feel like you have no other options, so you just pay up or send the items back at a cost to you. At the end of the day, the service isn't what I thought it was and there are other services I now know of that could have handled this a bit better. Frankly, this has made me cautious of buying from the US in general and definitely disappointed in the items I am receiving due to their now inflated cost. I'm pretty sure one of them could have shipped directly to Australia for cheaper too, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Lesson learned. Extremely disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing TJE. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance in the future.

Roxy

I'm sorry Roxy, but this sort of reply and the reply I got in my inbox just aren't good customer service. The estimate calculator on your website should be more accurate and on top of that some sor... read more »

Nambour

• 2 helpful votes

Shopmate website not working

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 25, 2017

My package arrived at Shopmate in good time and I was advised in due course but when I click on "Declare Package" nothing happens (10 days now and still an issue) and I cannot proceed to the checkout to pay for postage to Australia.
Plus it asks for a voucher code but I don't know what that is.
I called Australia Post and was [accidentally] hung up on when I was transferred to their tech support; and I've sent 2 emails with no response.
How do I move forward please?

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

I've asked for our ShopMate team to follow up further.

Steph.

No thanks to Australia Post or Shopmate, I've managed to finally move my parcel along. I would still like to be contacted by the man (Nathan?) who I spoke with yesterday and who said he'd call back... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

No Service - No People?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2017

Just like others are saying - there's just noone staffing Shopmate!

I've spoken to Australia Post who said that the queries can only be handled by someone working there - but of course there aren't any staff, it's a ghost town! Have sent multiple emails.. No reply, and it's been a week.

Two stars because when there is no human interaction involved, the packages DO get sent through to my address in Australia (previously).

All I actually want to do is deal with a high-value item, and split the value across two packages.. One week. No reply. Awful service, just awful.

For when Australia Post's PR person reads this and offers, the case number(s) from my (futile) emails to Shopmate are 09644581 and 09721956. Seems to be the only way to get a response/resolution from Shopmate, sadly.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jason,

Our ShopMate team are extremely busy, and are trying to respond to all enquiries as soon as possible.

Someone will be in touch shortly.

Steph.

Hi Steph, Was great to get a call from someone who was able to action this - within a few hours of this review - and now the changes have been made, I've paid my $350 postage and the goods are fin... read more »

Australia Post Official

I'm glad this has been resolved now Jason!

Verified Customer

Slow and expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Tracked delivery from seller to their US depot where it sat for over a week before I queried about the item. I got no response, but miraculously item status changed to received. Got shipping cost, they added extra to 'repack' item. Why? For someone to open my package and tape it back shut... Also, online quote estimate is ambiguous. Their quote certainly came no where close to the one I did. Would not use again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

If you have a case number you'd like me to have a look at, I'll be more than happy to check it out and pass it onto ShopMate.

MELBOURNE

• 4 helpful votes

BEWARE

2 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 04, 2017

I ordered a package online, it arrived at Shopmate and I didnt hear anything from them for 5 days although their website states 2 days, then imagine my surprise that my article that is 0.8kg is being charged as 1.7kg from what I can assume is cubic weight. I have not seen any other forwarding company charge this way and I think it is a complete rip off so wanting to warn people to make sure they read carefully because they are happy to rip off people wherever they can. I should have read the reviews before using ShopMate but thought being Aus Post it shouldnt be too bad. Well I was wrong. Won't be using again thats for sure!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Suzy1982, Our pricing structure is thoroughly explained on our website here: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/our-rates/shipping-rates. It can be a shock, but we're trying to provide a service f... read more »

If you actually read my review it says make sure you read carefully, I didnt say the information wasnt there, I just said I didnt read it carefully before using the service and want others to ensur... read more »

Perth

Still waiting over 4 days for reply in regards to high value item

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I am still waiting for further instructions on how to fill out customs form and further instructions for high value package!

APCN: 10023 28121
Tracking no. 9612804278616915908530
AP Article ID: 00093493040001240805
Case No: 09384865

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Iskandar,

I'll get a ShopMate team member to get in touch with you regarding further instructions.

Ashleigh

Thank you!

Still waiting as well...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 21, 2017

Just like the person below. My parcel was 'delivered' on 14 January to the right address according to USPS. I have not heard anything from ShopMate. I have also emailed Australia Post but heard nothing for a few days. Why does the website advertise delays of 1-2 days for processing if that's not the case?

*UPDATE. Just received email from ShopMate that my parcel has arrived - will keep you updated.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Paul,

Glad to hear you received your email from ShopMate.

Ashleigh

Still waiting...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 19, 2017

It seems like I have been having the same problem as some people with this service. I decided to take a risk and use Shopmate for the first time and so far I'm not happy with their service. I ordered two items from the US Disney store (small pandora charms) and to save shipping costs to Aus I decided to use Shopmate instead. Everything was going great until the Shopmate part of it. Disney sent me a confirmation email with a tracking number, and using that I've found out that my parcel was delivered to the Shopmate warehouse on 9th January 2017. They say it takes 1-2 business days for it to be processed, however it is now 10 days later and I am still waiting to hear from them about my parcel. Now I understand that there are 'bad weather' conditions in Portland, but my UPS tracking number confirms that they have been delivered to the address. I have contacted Shopmate through email and their contact us page, however no response. I'm worried my parcel has been lost. I don't see how it takes this long to Process a parcel and send a confirmation email. Im hoping they contact me soon, as I would be really disappointed to not receive these items.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Jess,

If you can let me know your case number then I'll be happy to get our ShopMate team to look into this and get it sorted out.

Ok thanks my case number is 09267240

Thanks Jess.

Someone will be in touch shortly!

Slow, expensive service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

My parcel (box of shoes) was delivered to the shopmate warehouse on the 8th of December and only today was added to my account (15 days after arrival), despite the 1-2 day stated processing time. I've made multiple tickets with Australia post but they have not helped me.

The price came in only $4 cheaper than the shipping from the original vendor and that was with a 25% discount voucher. So if I didn't have the voucher Shopmate would have been $20 more expensive than the original postage cost to Australia.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Chris,

Could you let me know your case number? I'll get our ShopMate team to have a look into this for you.

Steph.

Update: They lost my parcel. After one month of chasing it up they finally admitted it. Horrible, Horrible experience with this "service".

• 10 comments
  • 1 question
  • 13 answers
  • 51 helpful votes
Private message

Whats the point of Shopmate??? Uganda has better postal KPIs and results than Australia

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

Well my item was sent to Oregon 29/11/2016. Then shipped 4 Dec 2016 and received in Australia late on 13 December in Eastern States. Not too bad.
Bad news is that despite paying over $45 for the postage, the item will now be sent surface across Australia, ergo the cheapest possible and longest mode possible. What is the point if a Concord is used to transport the item USA to Australia and then use Cobb &Co to horse draw it across the Nullabor?

Australia Post to me has been neutered by a single individual. Although paid huge bonuses has not delivered a postal system that has failed. Australias postal system is not up to the KPIs set for post deliveries in places like Uganda and Banglesdesh

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Alex,

Please let me know your case or tracking number so we can look into this.

~Xamara

No response from Team regarding packages

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

I contacted shopmate 3 days ago as my packages arrived via UPS at the carrier facility on the 12th, yet have not shown in the My Shopping tab. Unfortunately I have had no contact from anyone on the team since then even after emailing the team. This is unfortunate as they've written that the items must be shipped by the 14th to ensure they arrive by Christmas, and at this rate it seems like I'll have nothing to give my family on Christmas day =\

Hope this can be resolved as I would definitely re-use this service if it is reliable, however things are looking bleak.

My case number is 08695800.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nikki,

Please refer to the email sent to you by Leon via your case.

Verified Customer

Frustrating Experience No Communication

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

Receiving a Package from Massdrop and Shopmate have deemed it a prohibitive Import - There has been no discussion and is not based on fact. Now they seem to be ignoring my emails trying to get this sorted. According to their own FAQ or Australian Border Force Website the item meets requirements and is not considered illegal (Small non-locking folding knife). I even contacted NSW & TAS Police and they couldn't see any issue. I've bought similar tools online no problem. I've Emailed Shopmate Several Times with more information since 8/12 but have had no reply. This was supposed to be a gift and now looking at not getting it in time for XMAS. Annoyed and disappointed. My Original Case 6/12: 08570384 was closed after I queried why my package wasn't on their site (takes 2-3 Days to process) . Started New Case today: Case: 08723655. Received a Private message from Australia Post 14/12 but still no Contact from Shopmate!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Michael,

As previously advised I have requested for a member of the ShopMate team to be in touch. They do have a number of inquires to get through at the moment but shouldn't be to much longer.

~Xamara

Under staffed obviously it shouldn't take 5 Business days to get back to people. dissapointing to say the least

Heard back from Shopmate eventually. They will not Ship my item. Only option was to send on to another Freight Forwarder & pay "Redirection handling fee" of $29. Total mess cannot recommend this s... read more »

1 of 3 pages