Perfect and surprisingly quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Looks like my experience is rare, but I found the entire process incredibly easy and highly successful. It took longer for my package to get from it's US origin to the warehouse in Portland than it did to get from the US to Australia. Which just shows how quick AusPost was, as the entire process (from ordering to delivery) took 2 and a half weeks. Price ended up being cheaper than what the estimator provided and everything (large amount of skincare) arrived in perfect condition. After reading a lot of these comments I opted to pay the extra $5 for insurance, and despite having a fantastic experience I would still recommend getting it, just in case. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Liv!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I ordered 2 Separate shipments and both arrived as per the expected date quoted,I am definitely going to use the service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Vicky! Enjoy :)

Roxy

Not sure why people complaining?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Great service. I have used shopmate around a dozen times so far and perfect every time. It is the easiest and best way to use the US ebay site and shop direct from US online retailers. Well done shopmate

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Tim!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Have now completed a number of transactions with Shopmate and not had any issues. The concept is great and I hope AP continue this service as all of the items I've shipped have not been available in Australia and in all cases the vendor refused to ship, even using my DHL or FedEx accounts. I've not reviewed before but in order to bring some balance, I'd like people to know there are very happy Shopmate customers out there too!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Mikey! :D

Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Seamless.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Reviews had me worried about my package, but bought something from the US, shipped to ShopMate in portland, took them the quoted "2 business days" to get the package and estimate shipping costs. The costs were as per their website and lower than the competition! Paid, product shipped out the next day, and in my hand 3 days later.

Seamless!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kash,

Thanks so much for sharing this!

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I just wanted to post a review because there are so many negative ones up here.

I have been perhaps lucky with my experience with ShopMate - I've had very quick turnaround with them and no issues so far (all dates are Australian time):
25 March - Parcel was delivered to ShopMate warehouse
28 March - Received confirmation of arrival and paid fee (which was as expected for the size of package and about $40 cheaper than sending directly from the supplier)
29 March - Package was shipped from warehouse (ETA 4 April to 8 April)

Despite
the overwhelmingly negative reviews, my experience with ShopMate has been good (at least at the moment). Some useful info from other posts I have seen include:
- ask the sender to send the goods in the smallest package possible
- review the types of goods ShopMate/AusPost will not ship (e.g. nail polish and perfume)
- ask the sender to send multiple items in one package as ShopMate do not combine packages

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ileini,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, as well as these tips :)

Excellent Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing this, and definitely reach out if you need anything from here with your parcel.

Roxy

Well I picked up my product Today. Perfect, communication from when my product landed in Australia was 100% So all in all perfect service considering i made some errors my end. I run a medium siz... read more »

Also just a quick note. The tool we purchased was $2000.00 worth $5000.00 in Australia so very happy that We engaged with Shopmate. Trusted service 100% Cannot discredit in any way shape or form.... read more »

Camden

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

THANK GOD FOR SHOPMATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Have used Shopmate quite a few times. I must say I LOVE the shipping prices. What would usually cost me around $70AUD to send to Australia only cost me around $30AUD. LOVE IT. Never had any issues and very fast postage. Thank you so much!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christie J,

So great to hear. Happy shopping.

Ashleigh

So happy to have an Australian post option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Have used Shopmate twice and it was speedy when the parcel was sent from them. Would recommend this service for USA shopping.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cait,

I'm pleased to hear this, thanks for your review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

A great service if you use it right.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I have used this service probably a dozen times since I signed up a couple years ago and have had no issues aside from some slight delays outside the quoted delivery times but nothing major. I think it's a great service but like anything you've got to be smart about how and/or whether you should use it. After reading some of the reviews on here I think there a probably a lot of folks who haven't taken the time to read the T&C's for this service and are suffering some shell shock as a result. My number one tip is do your homework! Here's a few others:
Don't buy goods unless there is a substantial saving over local sources or the goods are not available locally.
Make your vendor aware the goods are being transhipped and, if possible, ask for them to be packaged as compact as practicable.
Don't buy bulky/lightweight goods because the volumetric size generally does not justify the postage cost particularly if the goods are cheap.
Don't but goods which fall into the dangerous goods category i.e. containing Lithium batteries for example.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Charles G.

Some great points!!

I'm glad the service has worked for you :D.

1 of 4 pages

Hi there, could you help to check what's the update on my parcel (RT363341463HK)? Thank you so much. Daisy

DAISY asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Daisy,

I'm pleased to see this was delivered on the 12th.

Roxy

My item was delivered by DHL on the 15/6/17. ShopMate says it'll take 1-2 business days for me to receive an email to pay my shipping back to Australia. It's been 5 business days and I still haven't received anything. It's a birthday gift (shoes. so it's nothing dangerous) and an expensive one as well so I'm a bit worried. My ShopMate account says nothing... DHL is no longer showing me the delivery because it's already delivered. The only proof I have is from the website that I purchased the item off. I've clicked on "My Shopping" in ShopMate and it says "Your parcel will appear here within 48 hours after it arrives at our warehouse" but I have not seen anything.

phtven asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi phtven,

It can take a few days for orders to appear in your ShopMate account. If it's still not there, give the team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll take a look into it for you.

Roxy

I have a package which has been deem as high value, what should I do if I wish to continue using shopmate? I have already got a case number 12145396, waiting your reply.

Macin asked on Jun 21, 2017

Hi Macin,

Looks like our ShopMate team has been in touch with you :)

See all 66 questions about Australia Post Shopmate