Filter By:

• 3 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Shockingly Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I was prepared to be disappointed due to the many negative reviews of Shopmate here but my first experience was good. The shipping was fee was around the fee estimated by the postage calculator, and the parcel's progress was on time almost all throughout. There was a bit of a delay once it reached Chullora though, but the parcel arrived four days after it was processed there so not too bad. Parcel status was emailed to me all throughout.

Needless to say, I will be using this service again in the future. Good job!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Britney, so glad to hear this!

Roxy

No worries, Roy. Just giving credit where credit is due!

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I was quite concerned at the shop mate reviews on this website, although i was in process of already ordering items to my US address. Yes it may be abit on the expensive side depending on what you are purchasing (Weigh up your options before using the Shopmate serivce for other alternatives if you can't afford to spend a few extra dollars on a shipping rate...) although it was a upfront and straight forward process without any issues. I had three pairs of shoes delivered without a problem perfect condition and double boxed, which arrived express in 3 Days.

Please don't let the negative reviews deter you from purchasing via Shopmate as they are always improving.

I'm very satisfied and a happy buyer through Shopmate.

Keep up the good work!
Ro!
@ROH__

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us Ro! Glad to hear it :)

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Very very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

First time user and very pleased with the whole process. Arrived within the 5-8 business days window. Received an email every step of the way when there was an update. If you read the shipping costs carefully prior to ordering then there will be no surprises. They are outlined very clearly on the website. The only minor thing to point out is that I was expecting my item to be trackable when it reached Australia but it never showed up in "my deliveries". Will definitely use this service again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Pat, Thanks for sharing this :) Regarding the tracking of your parcel ones it comes to Australia you can track the parcel through your ShopMate account. If you prefer to use MyPost Deliveries i... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Speedy delivery, item in perfect condition

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

The estimator gave me an accurate idea of how much my shipping would cost. My parcel arrived earlier than expected, which was a treat! I ordered a chromebook/laptop and it was in fine condition - I'm using it right now. I think this service works perfectly well if you do a bit of research beforehand to determine whether the shipping cost is worth the value or quantity of what you're buying & if it's an eligible item in the first place. I have no complaints, thank you for your service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Fiona, glad to hear it :)

Correcting the record.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I posted a negative review here a few days ago and now to need to correct the record in fairness to shopmate. I regularly buy antique toys overseas and use Shopmate when I need a US address. Recently I received a reminder notice from Shopmate for a long overdue parcel I had neglected to arrange delivery of. Subsequently I Contacted Australia Post to see if they would waver the extra storage fees the item had attracted. Very promptly I received a reply with an offer of a 25 percent discount which virtually eliminated the storage fees.Must say this was a much appreciated offer from them, considering the fault was mine . Have found this service to have been very good in the past., with quick delivery and have never experienced any damaged items.Thanks to the team at shopmate.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Toyhound,

Thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know about your experience. I'm glad to hear everything worked out and hope you have a lovely day.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Don't be put off by bad reviews

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I had scanned a lot of the reviews on here and was really nervous about using Shopmate. However I went ahead and ordered 6 pairs of pants from Banana Republic and used Shopmate (Yes, Banana Republic ships directly internationally, but sale prices and discount codes aren't applied). I'm happy (and relieved) to say it all went smoothly. It's so easy when things go well to just carry on, but since I had read such bad reviews, I thought I'd take time to write out how it went for me.
-I did make a mistake on my declaration form, but the AU and US team fixed it for me within a few hours when I contacted them.
-Banana Republic unfortunately sent as two parcels, but it was easily packed as one on the Shopmate end. I think they said on their website that the cost is $5 per package. I did pay for insurance to be on the safe side (as I said, was super nervous). But even with consolidation and insurance, my shipping cost only worked out to be $10 more than if Banana Republic had shipped it directly ($53 compared to $65AUD). The difference is, I saved $200+AUD with the extra discount codes that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
-I won't say the turn around on their end is super quick--it took several days before it was recorded as having arrived at the Shopmate location, and then another ~10 days before it was shipped. But to be honest, the speed wasn't a concern, just that my items arrived. Once it was shipped from the US, it took exactly one week to arrive in Perth.
Definitely take time to read what you can and can't send, and how much it'll cost so you don't get caught out (calculate a buffer to be on the safe side). Otherwise, I'll definitely use Shopmate again (and hope for the same!)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey B Taylor,

Thanks for your feedback about your experience with Shopmate! Glad to hear you saved some money using Shopmate to make that sale work for you ^_^

No issues

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2018

Read a lot of negative online reviews but with my heart in my mouth thought I would give it a go and every thing worked seemlessly. Yes the postage was on the high side but shipping from the online shop to arrival in Sydney took 10 days and am very happy. Based on this experience would certainly use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much Wayne, this is great to hear :)

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Wow, all this negative feedback, but my experience was flawless

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I needed to get two boxes from Amazon because some crap policy they wouldn't ship direct if it is an 'Amazon exclusive' item, as these were. All the non-exclusive items I bought at the same time they would ship direct, which is just slightly cheaper so I let it happen. The SMARTEST thing would have been to combine my 5 orders at Shopmate, but the amount of negative reviews I figured I would just try what I MUST do this way. So the packages turned up 5 days apart, did the declarations, got them combined, paid and sent, and it was about 5 days later they turned up all in good order and well packed. I am just saying that was my experience, and I am wondering if the silent majority sees the same thing? Just figured I would put it on the record, the Magic can happen. Once at least!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Vince,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us :)

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Great Service - Here in a Jiffy! Perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Everything was perfect on delivery, no hassles, no problems. Good price, item was really taken care of, and really well done in every aspect. Thanks for very very decent service. 5 stars!

Comments

And thank you for prohibiting items, which makes me feel safe that dangerous goods are not handled by your staff!! I feel more confident with future purchases because of how strict you are in permi... read more »

Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing this P.F :)

great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I received my package within the estimated time frame. There were no problems whatsoever. I would definitely use again. I think most complaints are from people not differentiating between costs by weight and costs by volume.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Mathew, glad to hear you liked the service.

Excellent Service for 1st time user

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Ordered 10kg of special decking screws and from the purchase from Amazon , through Shop mate and to my door is was a little over 2 weeks , which was impressive.

I ordered before reading these reviews and honestly crapped myself after doing so , but I was pleasantly surprised that my final cost was 25 less than the estimate .

If your looking at getting something standard then go with these guys , I think people get caught out when things need re boxing , multiple items and things you can't bring into the country . Don't be stupid and you won't be disappointed,

That's my 2 cents .

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Tim,

Thanks so much for sharing this, glad to hear you found the process smooth and easy :)

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Delivered fast and cheaper than anywhere else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I ordered a sweatshirt from Canada. When I got to the checkout this sports company calculated a ridiculous cost of $100+ just for postage! Instead I got the sweatshirt sent to shopmate in Oregon who then sent it to me in Melbourne for around $37. Is it the cheapest price for postage - no but it was the cheapest I could find anywhere! As long as you read how they calculate the costs etc there's nothing to be surprised about. Updated all the online tracking quickly. Can't complain. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing this Kerri, glad to hear you were happy with your sweatshirt!

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Beautiful service, affordable and VERY FAST!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I'd like to commend Shopmate on their wonderful service. Today I received my very first delivery using their services and the prompt delivery was rather impressive. The package was posted on Thursday and I received on Tuesday of the following week already. Thank you for all that you do. The price was very affordable in comparison to other services and very quick to respond. A massive thank you for that. I will be using your services again for sure. All the best!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Lindsay, glad to hear it!

Really good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Joined Shopmate even after reading some bad reviews, just received first parcel.
So my experience with them so far is low but perfect so far!
Thanks to Emma from Australia Post for answering my questions and being so helpful

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Glen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions. I hope that any and all future purchases go as perfectly as this one.

Alice

Sydney

No issues at all!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

I just wanted to jump on quickly to post a positive review. I decided to use this service to ship over some shoes which were sold out here in Aus. AFTER I ordered my shoes, I had a look on here at the reviews and was horrified that I may had made a huge mistake, which wasn't the case at all.
I had a great experience, my shoes got delivered today when I had ordered them from the retailer about 10 days ago. This service kept to its timeframes and kept me updated via email the entire time. The cost was as it had estimated on their site and I'm a very happy customer! I probably wouldn't use this for bulky items or heavier items, but I would definitely use it for something like shoes again. Hope this helps anyone's considering using this service.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience Emma, posting these gives potential customers a clearer idea of what to expect and might help them discover (as you did) that the experience may well exceed their expectations!

Alice

South Australia

Love this company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Shopmate by Australia post has to be one of the most better places i have shopped with,

I love shopping and even better when i can shop in the USA and use a company like this.

So i have done a total of 6 orders so far since october last year mostly yankee candles but a few from different places as well. Each time my order has hit the warehouse it has been shipped fast to me in Australia with in the time frame they tell you. Each time i have estimated the posatgae and it has been spot on. They don't mark up postage and are the cheapest by far, Items arrive to me in excellent condition.

I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to shop in the USA but the company don't ship to us in Australia. Can't wait for the black friday sales this year and get some good bargains. The only think i miss out on is company's who don't accept paypal but that is not shopmates fault.

i only hope that one day they may be able to look at getting shopmate into the UK so we can buy from UK as well.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cupcakes4u, Thanks for taking the time to provide such glowing feedback about our service! I'm glad you've had such a positive and consistent experience getting your Yankee Candles. I love cand... read more »

Perfect and surprisingly quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Looks like my experience is rare, but I found the entire process incredibly easy and highly successful. It took longer for my package to get from it's US origin to the warehouse in Portland than it did to get from the US to Australia. Which just shows how quick AusPost was, as the entire process (from ordering to delivery) took 2 and a half weeks. Price ended up being cheaper than what the estimator provided and everything (large amount of skincare) arrived in perfect condition. After reading a lot of these comments I opted to pay the extra $5 for insurance, and despite having a fantastic experience I would still recommend getting it, just in case. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Liv!

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Not sure why people complaining?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Great service. I have used shopmate around a dozen times so far and perfect every time. It is the easiest and best way to use the US ebay site and shop direct from US online retailers. Well done shopmate

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Tim!

• 1 review

Excellent as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Have now completed a number of transactions with Shopmate and not had any issues. The concept is great and I hope AP continue this service as all of the items I've shipped have not been available in Australia and in all cases the vendor refused to ship, even using my DHL or FedEx accounts. I've not reviewed before but in order to bring some balance, I'd like people to know there are very happy Shopmate customers out there too!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Mikey! :D

Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

1 of 3 pages

1.5/5 from 557 reviews? That's terrible! Lucky I checked here before using the Shopmate service.How can a government owned business provide such a poor and deceptive service? I tried to make sense of the 'additional charges' on the Shopmate website and it was just a confusing minefield. This would explain the hundreds of complaints about overcharging on this review site. Australia Post, BE HONEST and TRANSPARENT about your charges? And how, just how, can I calculate my ACTUAL costs to use your service beyond the basic calculator you have listed on your site (which again, is deceptive as it doesn't calculate true cost of shipping goods)?

Rohloffp asked on Jun 12, 2018

Hi Rohloffp,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Our FAQs and pricing calculators are pretty transparent on what you can and can't send and what the expected costs will be, but if you're ever unsure, you can always give our ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475 or you can email them directly on shopmate@auspost.com.au. They'd be happy to help clarify anything for you.

Roxy

Shipped a mobile phone to the Oregon warehouse a week ago, but never got a notification from ShopMate that it arrived - I had to chase it myself. It's now been 'on hold' for 4 days, again with no communication from anyone... Why is my parcel on hold and why have I not been emailed or asked any questions? I would assume it's on hold because you need more info, like an invoice, but since you haven't asked me for any info, I can only assume I'm being stuffed around... If I was shipping live animals or other contraband, I could understand a package being on hold for days, but a simple mobile phone???

Simo asked on Jun 05, 2018

Hi Simo,

I definitely suggest giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday so they can have a look at your account and see what's going on.

Roxy

Hi Archie here, I purchased an item from the US trough shipmate but when i checked yesterday in the "My Shopping" section of the website it said that the package was "on hold." I emailed shopmate who told me to : 1. Log into your shopmate account 2. Declare your package 3. make payment I don't know how to declare a package. What does it mean by the package being "on hold?" Thanks in advance from Archie

Archie M asked on Apr 23, 2018

Hey Archie,

Your article is on hold until we have the additional information we need for the customs declaration. Once we have this and the payment has been done the article will continue it's journey to you.

Feel free to call our Shopmate team on 1300 624 475 if you have any issues or further questions.

See all 96 questions about Australia Post Shopmate