Verified Customer

package lost, no one takes responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I purchased from US shop and they sent the package to Shopmate warehouse, courier tracking service indicates the parcel received by Shopmate but it doesnt appear in my account. Its been more than 1 week (it should take up to 48 hours) since it arrived in their warehouse and still nothing. No one replies to my emails. I even called them and still nothing, they asked me to email again! Sent more than 10 emails and no one got back to me. terrible service. whos gonna compensate ?!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Khash,

Have you got a case reference number? Let me know what it is and I'll be happy to check up on this for you.

Verified Customer

Worst experience ever wish i read some comments first...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Purchased goods which i have purchased from the sates numerous times and had shipped no problems.
Had them posted to shopmate for $8 Shopmate decided that the product was food (Its not) and refused to post it on.
AustPost more than happy to destroy it or send it to another US address.
I got it forwarded to another company who sends to Australia myus.com (So much better) and austpost charged me $60 WTH??
myus.com received it and shipped it to me in a australia no problem for only $45

WTH do not use Shopmate its a scam they ban everything saying they don't have license and charge high prices to send it back or forward it on.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Beau, I'm sorry this has caught you out unaware! We have a pretty extensive list of what's restricted on our website here: http://auspo.st/119MVte If you're ever unsure of something I highly re... read more »

It’s not that postage from the supplier to your Shopmate warehouse cost me $8 for you to send it back cost $58 for them to sent it to me in australia cost me $66.
$58 to return a parcel??? When it only cost $8 to get sent to you????
Scam

Everything is restricted - don't bother with Shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

First time trying shipmate I ordered from Amazon and got 3 packages to go to my shipmate address. These are all Haircare items (apart from a pain relief gel). They were all classed as dangerous items or prohibited. I have ordered the same thing at least twice before and used reship with no issue.

It's ridiculous - don't bother. Now I'm up for more shopping fees sending it to my reship address and then getting it sent over.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Carmz, I'm sorry this has caught you out unaware! We have a pretty extensive list of what's restricted on our website here: http://auspo.st/119MVte If you're ever unsure of something I highly r... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
Private message

Great Service - Here in a Jiffy! Perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Everything was perfect on delivery, no hassles, no problems. Good price, item was really taken care of, and really well done in every aspect. Thanks for very very decent service. 5 stars!

Comments

And thank you for prohibiting items, which makes me feel safe that dangerous goods are not handled by your staff!! I feel more confident with future purchases because of how strict you are in permi... read more »

Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing this P.F :)

• 2 questions
  • 2 answers

Broken

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

I have had many parcels from here and receive parcels from the family .
Many times i have breakage
Even last week a lovely tin that was send amongs other things was dented and it was so well wrapped
Stuff i have bought from a catalogue broken and it was all bubble wrapped and in cardboard
I have noticed the delivery drivers trow the parcel om the pourch yel out and before you get the door open they driven off.
Complained to postoffice answer not packed properly NOT SO they even had many complaints from that particular driver he is still there!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Johanna, It's disappointing to hear about how your parcels have been arriving, especially when you mention they're packed very well. I highly recommend, if this ever happens again, to take the... read more »

I have done this even the Byford post office agreed but someone in the main office sissagreed so what can I do
As stated before it was the same driver that has been complained about before

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Verified Customer

Shopmate Has an Undisclosed Blanket Shipping Ban on Many Legally Exported Products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Shopmate doesn't use the Attorney Generals Justice Dept definition of "firearms accessories" nor the WA Police definition of "firearms accessories", nor the Aust. Customs definition of "firearms accessories", or the U.S. Customs definition of "firearms accessories". They apparently make up their own definition and ban legally exported/imported products such as gun oil, gun cleaning cloth, reloading dies and quote "Anything related to the firearms industry" Items that are completely legal to export from the USA, and legal to import into Australia without any licence or special permits. They do this without stating their blanket ban in their "Restricted Items Policy". This is going to cost me hundreds of dollars to fix and redirect. Do they make money with this blanket ban? Why do they not use Customs Regulations and rules instead of a blanket product group ban? Why cause grief and loss to so many customers?

Shopmate state your blanket ban in clear terms! Like this....

"Shopmate has a blanket shipping ban on any an all items related to the gun industry regardless of whether your item is legal to export from USA and legal to import into Australia. We make up our own definition of what the term "Firearms accessory" means and include anything ever so slightly related to the firearms industry or with the word "Gun" written on it or near it. We don't use the customs definition of these two words nor the Australian justice dept definition nor the state police definition." in short, we can't be bothered working out the rules and applying them, so we just blanket ban everything!!! P.S. We will charge you warehouse fees while you fight for your rights through our slow complaints system and charge you to redirect your goods or charge you to throw your expensive goods to the tip.

I am using MyUS.com to fix this mess. They are my saviour!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your thoughts MVL.

We have a pretty clear list on our website stating what we can and can't ship, with firearms and firearms accessories being on there as we don't have the license to handle them: http://auspo.st/119MVte

Roxy

Thanks Roxy for your feedback. Australia Post's can't act in this way and cause confusion and expense to hundreds of customers by using non-legal & illogical definitions and blanket bans and th... read more »

3 weeks held in Sydney without release

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Still awaiting delivery of my parcel since it landed in Sydney. Still no movement or expected delivery since the 19th December. Would not use again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Dan,

Hm, that does seem to be taking a little longer than normal. I'd be happy to chase this up for you, but I'll need a little bit more information. I've sent you a private message, so please get back to me there when you can.

Worked, but expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Ordered a men's snow/ski jacket from Amazon US. In Australia the cost was $400, on Amazon I found the same item for $130 AUD. The shipping component from Shopmate was $90. Obscenely expensive in my view, however the packaging size from Amazon was a little overkill. Luckily I used a discount voucher from Shopmate which reduced the shipping to $60. At the end of the day, paid just under $200 for an item advertised $400 in Australia. I guess I'm happy, however the shipping costs seem a little expensive.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Horrible slow shipping that is super expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

I have used Shopmate about 5 times now. I won't be using them again. $30 to ship a parcel from the US - the parcel was received by Shopmate on 15th December and it still hasn't arrived.. The original delivery date was 24 December which has now changed to 2 January. Yes, I realise it's the holidays, but items I ordered from Amazon on a later date than these packages arrived at the Shopmate shipping depot were delivered to me in Australia well before Xmas. For $30 I would expect express delivery - this is definitely NOT express. Total ripoff. Will be finding another company to use.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah,

Hmm, a parcel from the 15th should've definitely had some movement on it by now. I'll send you a private message so I can get some more details and follow it up for you.

Roxy

It arrived yesterday. Took way too long. $30 is express delivery from any other company that sends a small package from the States to Australia.

MUNDOOLUN

Private message

Tracking/Speed - what the?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

Bought a phone from the US just recently, mostly satisfied with the delivery service so far, however, I would like the option to order an express shipping option after my parcel arrives in australia, this is because I bought another product just recently from NSW and it arrived yesterday, even though I bought it after my phone had already arrived in Aus. According to the tracking system, my phone lies waiting in the facilities still.

Going off past experiences, you don't know your package is in transit until the day of its delivery - it would certainly be more comforting knowing that my product is on its way and not sitting at a facility collecting dust.

TL;DR, tracking, like always, is a bit weak + an option for express shipping after package has arrived in Aus would be great.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Wade, Express Shipping is a great suggestion! Hopefully this is something we can implement in the not-too-distant future! :) Regarding tracking your parcel, you should be able to see updates p... read more »

Hi Roxy, thanks for the reply. My complaint about the tracking may just be because my parcel has only been tracked at the "Sydney Facility" for longer than the estimated time of arrival. It's a... read more »

My tracking number is 00093493040001992513 by the way, I don't know when the enquiry will be answered on where my package is, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Their 'solutions' ALL involve paying a fee of sorts!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Apparently I must have skipped over the terms and conditions without noticing that snapple drink sachets would be considered a food product or a dangerous one at that. I received an email that my shipping from Amazon was classed as dangerous and in asking about the specs, I am told they don't have a license for food items. They provide me with 3 options I have available to move forward, all of them involve me paying an extra fee - even for chucking out my beloved snapple sachets I've got to pay.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Random,. I'm sorry that you weren't aware that Snapple satchels would be considered food items, and therefore couldn't be shipped through ShopMate. For future orders, you can find all the restr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Lost my package

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

I haven't received my package but it says delivered on the website. When I call up, they say it has a signature with different name.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Hermawan,

That is worrying to hear. Has a disputed delivery case been logged for you?

Don't risk it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 19, 2017

I decided to use Shopmate to forward some Christmas presents from US retailers. It's been over a week since I "sent" the parcels and zero updates through their online tracking system. I called today for some information (I have young kids who I don't want to disappoint on Christmas morning) … all they could tell me was that the packages are … wait for it … "in transit". Which BTW Shopmate, means precisely nothing at all. Sounded to me like they have no idea whatever where my parcels are and they're just hoping for the best. The lady said she's "pretty sure they will be delivered some time this week". Not filling me with confidence, about to head to Amazon to re-buy gifts – I have used their US site many times and had them delivered using Amazon Prime and the packages arrive in just a few days. Shopmate lure customers by having the credibility of our national postal service behind them but in reality its easily the dodgiest shipping service out there.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi LAH1979, I can appreciate how anxious you are to get these gifts! I'm sorry we couldn't give you a clearer picture when you called up - I'd be more than happy to take a look and see if I can ad... read more »

• 5 helpful votes

Not worth it

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2017

It's not worth it, even though I read the fees etc, you have no idea of what the supplier is sending you, I ordered two parcels, both weight 0.5kg, yet one is being charged to me as 1.5kg, so they make more money out of you, with a dismal bundling discount and although packages came off the Amazon website because they both don't say sent by Amazon cannot be put together. So annoyed as postage is costing more than goods and should have gone with Amazon Prime.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Kim. We never want customers to be caught out by an unexpected bill and so strongly recommend they check out our FAQs and Postage Calculator to make sure this produ... read more »

A pair of tights should not be 1.5kg or a pair of knee material guards hence the reason why I chose shipmate but never again. As the way I calculated the price is completely different & it’s also a... read more »

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

• 3 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 17 helpful votes

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

Fast and rapid service, seamless delivery process. I ordered 3 boxes from Illinois, once received by the Shopmate warehouse, they appeared in my delivery portal and were on their way within 24 hours after payment of the shipping charges. Tracking was the same as if it was a local AusPost delivery. Shipping is reasonably expensive however on par with other international delivery services and offset by the much cheaper cost and availability of the items from the US. I would definitely use them again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive impressions Jondo,

The worst service ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2017

I had a parcel from USA forwarded through Shopmate - They have the worst service ever, it has been months and the parcel has not arrived. Auspost don't know where it is and apparently they don't know how to deliver to their own parcel locker addresses.

Read the other reviews of this service and be very wary.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Fitzy,

I'm really sorry that your parcel hasn't been delivered yet. I'll send you a Private Message in a moment to get the details to see what I can find for you.

Slow service & no updates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 09, 2017

I ordered my item & was delivered to shop mate quickly, they received delivery details as of 16th of Nov, 10 days later still no update so when I call to enquire I am told that there has been a problem with all shipments dated the 16th - The employee I was speaking with advised that the container is either in Vancouver or Singapore - but the Americans won't give us more information, the Americans just ignore our requests for info...are you seriously blaming 'the Americans'. AusPost shouldn't employ a service like ShopMate if 'the Americans" are so hard to deal with and yes I meant to say employ as I was also told that AusPost do not own or operate ShopMate it is a Singaporean company! Eventually got an update that my item had arrived in Australia on the 1st of Dec now it's taken another week for them to give me an update on where exactly in Australia it is..Pathetic.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Annoyed, I don't blame you for being so upset about this experience. I am really sorry that your parcel has taken so much longer than it should have to get to you. I have been advised that the ... read more »

Hobart

• 1 answer

Verified Customer

Freight hassles and missing goods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 07, 2017

Ordered three parcels to be delivered to Oregon warehouse. Was advised by Shopmate that the first had arrived - confirmed from suppliers that the other two were signed for but ShopMate could not locate. Upon investigation they stated that my account had been closed!? No explanation as all transactions had happened with a 30 day time frame. Warehouse staff located and amalgamated - was unable to process outbound declaration as their website does not work on Mac operating systems. Took delivery of this shipment yesterday - they have lost 1 of the 3 parcels. This Shopmate product is not ready for commercial use.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Why would they develop a web site that only works on Windows?

Australia Post Official

Hi Harvey, What a terrible experience. I can assure you that this experience is not usual! If the items were sent as a multi-parcel consignment, it's possible that the third parcel is still in tra... read more »

Hi Alice - thanks for this follow up. I rec'd an email from Shop Mate with an additional Star Track con note link but when you select it to get specific info, nothing happens. I went straight to ... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Terrible Service, do not use it!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

So I used the Shopmate service for the second time the other day, I bought children's clothes from Ralph Lauren USA for a total amount of USD65. I had an email come in the other day saying that my goods are 'awaiting custom clearance and that I needed to show proof of invoice' before it can be forward to me. A customer service agent I spoke to over the phone assured me it was just routine for them to do that saying it was not Austpost by customs are the one requesting it.

Cut the story short, the next e-mail I got basically told me that I am required me to pay $250 AUD so a certified custom agent can inspect my parcel otherwise my parcel will be destroyed according to the Australia Biosecurity Act. There was no other option available! This is ridiculous because one, why should I be the one to cover the cost? two, they (Austpost) have already repacked my order in their USA Warehouse.. I jokingly told the agent over the phone that if there were drugs in there it's probably their own staff that put it there.

So just like that my USD65.00 order plus my AUD45 shipping that I paid for went down the drain just like that.. So guys, save yourself the money and go have a nice dinner tonight out in the city. Cheers!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sadz,

This all sounds pretty unusual - have you got your case number from when you called so I can take a look into it please?

Roxy

Tell me about it. Now we have a agent replying to me here saying this is all unusual and no clue what is going on.. Here you go, knock yourself out.

Australia Post - Case: 14877579.

**UPDATE: Guess what guys? my parcel arrived today out of nowhere instead of being destroyed according to the so-called Australia Biosecurity Act -__-" ....I am guessing this whole custom story is... read more »

No updates

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 26, 2017

I thought I’d give this a test as they’re Aus Post, but what a grave mistake that was. My item left the US and was confirmed it hit our shores on the 16th. It took 2-3 says to travel from the US to Australia, which is great. However it’s the 25th now and still no package. The latest update on the website is from the 16th, Shipping Approved. Shipping is their core service and they can’t even manage this.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Serdar, This isn't good to hear! I can definitely take a look into this and see if I can find out what's happening, though I'll need some more information from you. I've sent you a private mess... read more »

1 of 26 pages