great

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2017

I received my package within the estimated time frame. There were no problems whatsoever. I would definitely use again. I think most complaints are from people not differentiating between costs by weight and costs by volume.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Mathew, glad to hear you liked the service.

Excellent Service for 1st time user

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Ordered 10kg of special decking screws and from the purchase from Amazon , through Shop mate and to my door is was a little over 2 weeks , which was impressive.

I ordered before reading these reviews and honestly crapped myself after doing so , but I was pleasantly surprised that my final cost was 25 less than the estimate .

If your looking at getting something standard then go with these guys , I think people get caught out when things need re boxing , multiple items and things you can't bring into the country . Don't be stupid and you won't be disappointed,

That's my 2 cents .

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Tim,

Thanks so much for sharing this, glad to hear you found the process smooth and easy :)

Verified Customer

Delivered fast and cheaper than anywhere else

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 11, 2017

I ordered a sweatshirt from Canada. When I got to the checkout this sports company calculated a ridiculous cost of $100+ just for postage! Instead I got the sweatshirt sent to shopmate in Oregon who then sent it to me in Melbourne for around $37. Is it the cheapest price for postage - no but it was the cheapest I could find anywhere! As long as you read how they calculate the costs etc there's nothing to be surprised about. Updated all the online tracking quickly. Can't complain. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing this Kerri, glad to hear you were happy with your sweatshirt!

Verified Customer

Beautiful service, affordable and VERY FAST!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I'd like to commend Shopmate on their wonderful service. Today I received my very first delivery using their services and the prompt delivery was rather impressive. The package was posted on Thursday and I received on Tuesday of the following week already. Thank you for all that you do. The price was very affordable in comparison to other services and very quick to respond. A massive thank you for that. I will be using your services again for sure. All the best!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Lindsay, glad to hear it!

Really good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Joined Shopmate even after reading some bad reviews, just received first parcel.
So my experience with them so far is low but perfect so far!
Thanks to Emma from Australia Post for answering my questions and being so helpful

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Glen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions. I hope that any and all future purchases go as perfectly as this one.

No issues at all!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

I just wanted to jump on quickly to post a positive review. I decided to use this service to ship over some shoes which were sold out here in Aus. AFTER I ordered my shoes, I had a look on here at the reviews and was horrified that I may had made a huge mistake, which wasn't the case at all.
I had a great experience, my shoes got delivered today when I had ordered them from the retailer about 10 days ago. This service kept to its timeframes and kept me updated via email the entire time. The cost was as it had estimated on their site and I'm a very happy customer! I probably wouldn't use this for bulky items or heavier items, but I would definitely use it for something like shoes again. Hope this helps anyone's considering using this service.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience Emma, posting these gives potential customers a clearer idea of what to expect and might help them discover (as you did) that the experience may well exceed their expectations!

South Australia

Love this company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Shopmate by Australia post has to be one of the most better places i have shopped with,

I love shopping and even better when i can shop in the USA and use a company like this.

So i have done a total of 6 orders so far since october last year mostly yankee candles but a few from different places as well. Each time my order has hit the warehouse it has been shipped fast to me in Australia with in the time frame they tell you. Each time i have estimated the posatgae and it has been spot on. They don't mark up postage and are the cheapest by far, Items arrive to me in excellent condition.

I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to shop in the USA but the company don't ship to us in Australia. Can't wait for the black friday sales this year and get some good bargains. The only think i miss out on is company's who don't accept paypal but that is not shopmates fault.

i only hope that one day they may be able to look at getting shopmate into the UK so we can buy from UK as well.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cupcakes4u, Thanks for taking the time to provide such glowing feedback about our service! I'm glad you've had such a positive and consistent experience getting your Yankee Candles. I love cand... read more »

Perfect and surprisingly quick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2017

Looks like my experience is rare, but I found the entire process incredibly easy and highly successful. It took longer for my package to get from it's US origin to the warehouse in Portland than it did to get from the US to Australia. Which just shows how quick AusPost was, as the entire process (from ordering to delivery) took 2 and a half weeks. Price ended up being cheaper than what the estimator provided and everything (large amount of skincare) arrived in perfect condition. After reading a lot of these comments I opted to pay the extra $5 for insurance, and despite having a fantastic experience I would still recommend getting it, just in case. Will definitely use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Liv!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I ordered 2 Separate shipments and both arrived as per the expected date quoted,I am definitely going to use the service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Vicky! Enjoy :)

Roxy

Not sure why people complaining?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Great service. I have used shopmate around a dozen times so far and perfect every time. It is the easiest and best way to use the US ebay site and shop direct from US online retailers. Well done shopmate

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Tim!

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Have now completed a number of transactions with Shopmate and not had any issues. The concept is great and I hope AP continue this service as all of the items I've shipped have not been available in Australia and in all cases the vendor refused to ship, even using my DHL or FedEx accounts. I've not reviewed before but in order to bring some balance, I'd like people to know there are very happy Shopmate customers out there too!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Mikey! :D

Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Seamless.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Reviews had me worried about my package, but bought something from the US, shipped to ShopMate in portland, took them the quoted "2 business days" to get the package and estimate shipping costs. The costs were as per their website and lower than the competition! Paid, product shipped out the next day, and in my hand 3 days later.

Seamless!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kash,

Thanks so much for sharing this!

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I just wanted to post a review because there are so many negative ones up here.

I have been perhaps lucky with my experience with ShopMate - I've had very quick turnaround with them and no issues so far (all dates are Australian time):
25 March - Parcel was delivered to ShopMate warehouse
28 March - Received confirmation of arrival and paid fee (which was as expected for the size of package and about $40 cheaper than sending directly from the supplier)
29 March - Package was shipped from warehouse (ETA 4 April to 8 April)

Despite the overwhelmingly negative reviews, my experience with ShopMate has been good (at least at the moment). Some useful info from other posts I have seen include:
- ask the sender to send the goods in the smallest package possible
- review the types of goods ShopMate/AusPost will not ship (e.g. nail polish and perfume)
- ask the sender to send multiple items in one package as ShopMate do not combine packages

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ileini,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, as well as these tips :)

Sydney Dee Why

• 2 comments

Excellent Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

I read a ton of reviews all very similar in nature. I also had some difficulties which most part my fault as I accidently discarded the item. The item was tracked down after I made several calls etc. I found the staff on the phone very responsive and all conversations were documented and recorded which gave me reassurance that my $2000.00 item was not thrown away.

I at no time did I consider jumping on Product review and slander Aus Post. I think some people need to relax a little take a deep breath and enjoy life. Life is far too short to stress.

I have just paid my delivery which is about $100.00 seems fair and reasonable as my package is between the 6-8kg range.

Anyway peeps ill keep you updated when package arrives approx 10 days away....Again fair and resonable time

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing this, and definitely reach out if you need anything from here with your parcel.

Roxy

Well I picked up my product Today. Perfect, communication from when my product landed in Australia was 100% So all in all perfect service considering i made some errors my end. I run a medium siz... read more »

Also just a quick note. The tool we purchased was $2000.00 worth $5000.00 in Australia so very happy that We engaged with Shopmate. Trusted service 100% Cannot discredit in any way shape or form.... read more »

Camden

• 1 comment
  • 8 helpful votes

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

THANK GOD FOR SHOPMATE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2017

Have used Shopmate quite a few times. I must say I LOVE the shipping prices. What would usually cost me around $70AUD to send to Australia only cost me around $30AUD. LOVE IT. Never had any issues and very fast postage. Thank you so much!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christie J,

So great to hear. Happy shopping.

Ashleigh

So happy to have an Australian post option

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 01, 2017

Have used Shopmate twice and it was speedy when the parcel was sent from them. Would recommend this service for USA shopping.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cait,

I'm pleased to hear this, thanks for your review.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

A great service if you use it right.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2017

I have used this service probably a dozen times since I signed up a couple years ago and have had no issues aside from some slight delays outside the quoted delivery times but nothing major. I think it's a great service but like anything you've got to be smart about how and/or whether you should use it. After reading some of the reviews on here I think there a probably a lot of folks who haven't taken the time to read the T&C's for this service and are suffering some shell shock as a result. My number one tip is do your homework! Here's a few others:
Don't buy goods unless there is a substantial saving over local sources or the goods are not available locally.
Make your vendor aware the goods are being transhipped and, if possible, ask for them to be packaged as compact as practicable.
Don't buy bulky/lightweight goods because the volumetric size generally does not justify the postage cost particularly if the goods are cheap.
Don't but goods which fall into the dangerous goods category i.e. containing Lithium batteries for example.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Charles G.

Some great points!!

I'm glad the service has worked for you :D.

Ashleigh

Excellent option if seller will not ship items purchased overseas

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I have used Shopmate several times including their consolidation service where more than one parcel is sent to them and consolidated into one package to reduce postage costs. Absolutely flawless so fare so I cannot quite reconcile my experiences with others on this review website. Tracking was useful and I received advice when item(s) were received by Shopmate in the US and again when the parcel was on its way to my address in Australia. Costs are reasonable and below the comparable service offered by eBay in the US.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey 40degreesS,

It's so good to hear ShopMate has worked out so well for you.

Thanks for the review!