• 2 helpful votes

Overpriced, horrible website

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 24, 2017

Website barely works in most browsers.
Pricing seems to be a flat rate of 50 dollars for any package of any size.
They refuse to bundle almost anything.
Extremely frustrating and expensive.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi avdqef, Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We recommend using Google Chrome as we find this is the best browsing experience for the ShopMate site. We never want customers to be caught out by an... read more »

Sydney

• 9 helpful votes

Overpriced & slow

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

I wish I had read the reviews before using this service. The cost of redirecting to Australia almost cost as much as the product I ordered. That wouldn't be so bad if the speed of delivery reflected the premium paid.

Its been a week since the package was processed to send out & the tracking is not showing anything new. I wonder how long this will actually take.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Simmo, I'm sorry the postage costs were a little more than you were anticipating. We always recommend checking out our postage calculator so you've got an idea: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ Regardi... read more »

• 3 helpful votes

Pointless

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

We usually use an American based mailing company and thought we would support an Aussie service. In the end we had to send our package back to the American company as ShopMate had restrictions to send it over. Waste of time

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this caught you out unaware Sophie.

For future reference, we do list the restrictions on our website here: http://auspo.st/119MVte

• 4 helpful votes

Awful experience.... never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 21, 2017

I shop in the US all the time, I usually use Borderfree or another shipping agent who is happy to work with you to reduce cost to send to you and has really reasonable fees and they courier via commercial courier services. Shopmate do not explain they use domestic postage services, and there is NO WAY of trying to figure out what you will have to pay as you can't possible know the dimensions of packages they are sending and weights. So far I have a bill of over $300, and will likely have to pay to have them return some items they refuse to ship which I didn't realise as I have never had an issue with other services before (ie. fragrances). I could have brought it all here in Australia in David Jones, had it gift wrapped in gold leaf and delivered on a flying unicorn for the prices they want to charge me!!! Seriously doubting I will get them in time for christmas also and now have no presents.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nessa, I'm sorry to hear that ShopMate didn't meet your service requirements. I know it doesn't help now, but you can find a list of items you can't have sent via ShipMate here http://auspo.st/... read more »

Sydney

Wish I Read Reviews First

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

I really wish i read reviews on here first before using shopmate. I ordered some paper from the us as you cant get it here and some wooden blocks 5cm very small and then to bring it back to Australia my bill is $107.00. The pricing that is on their website and the final amount that you are actually billed is very different.
You have been warned...

Bowral

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Slow, painful, terrible service and communication. Current case# 14575407 after multiple case number

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2017

After 4 months and well over 20 emails (given automated responses to my q's/concerns) my 8 packages were finally released after the 3 month period I was charged over $200 in storage fees.. They refused to send the items back to the senders. I needed these goods in a timely fashion and as it is taking an extremely lengthy period of time I have repurchased most of the items and no longer need them.
No one will help or respond to any emails. This has been living hell as it is over $5000.

They refused to combine a single order as it was unfortunately sent in 2 packages with only 1 very small lightweight item in the second package and charged $55 shipping for a lightweight $20 PJ pants GRRRRRRRRRR. Not sure what customs will do as there is no documentation in the second box of 2 different orders. I have used shopmate for many years and they are not easy to communicate with but this is severely disappointing and expensive nightmare for me.

It has been 4 months and who knows if and when I will ever receive my 8 orders that I no longer require.

FVR

December 1st 2017 Update: Regency Customs / Vanguard Logistics Services (AUST) Pty Ltd

After 4 months of all communication being ignored with automated responses and wanting my parcel to be returned to sender due to unacceptable time frame. Finally it become available through shopmate now my parcel is being held at some customs broker who want more money to release my package. Even after shopmate charged over $200 in late fees even after not releasing my packages as They wouldn't allow me to pay for them for 3 months.

Tracking # 00093493040001711541.

Do not recommend
Definitely not worth it

Ps- this is my second reveiw. There were 1148 people who reviewed shopmate as terrible now it is 348????? Where did all the reveiws disappear to????????

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi FVR, it's disappointing to hear about the trouble you've had with getting your ShopMate orders and I totally appreciate why you'd be upset. Given there are so many orders and case numbers, I s... read more »

Melbourne

Very expensive!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I ordered two bras. The cost of these came to $55 USD. My shop mate fees were $22.95 per item, plus a weight charge of about $14.85 and $19.80 for each item. I did get a bundling discount for getting the two items shipped together of $7.50. I've payed $73.05 to ship these items. There was no way to calculate how much this service was going to cost - if there was I wouldn't have used this service. Very expensive for the service being provided!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Anne, I'm sorry these charges caught you out unaware - we don't want our customers to get unexpected bills like this and want them to be sure they're using a product that suits them. If you do ... read more »

Bayswater

• 2 comments

Very expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2017

I decided to use the Australia Post Shop Mate parcel forwarding when an item I wanted was not available in Australia and the seller would not post to Australia. A small light package that cost $7.00 US to post to Shop Mate has cost $42.00 to send to Australia. never again will I use that service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ian,

Oh, I'm sorry to hear the postage charges have caught you out unaware. We definitely always recommend checking our FAQs and postage guides before going ahead so you can be sure this is the service for you: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Melbourne

Rubbish expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 07, 2017

I thought I would give this a go as it was Australia post and should be painless and fast.
It was expensive, slow and they won’t repack to reduce the size of the package to reduce costs.
Lesson learnt I have gone back to using Borderlinx, cheaper, faster and repack.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mark,

Roxy

Hi Roxy Thank you for the patronising comment about reading about the charges, I did by the way read them and it was still more than I expected, pity you failed to address the slow service to get t... read more »

Pretty good.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Received my parcel from the USA today, pretty good service, just make sure that you know the weight or size of the parcel you are getting, as the size can add a few dollars more to the invoice. Don't just go by the weight.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing this Karen :)

Dundas

Very slow- 4 weeks and still waiting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

My package was delivered to the Shopmate warehouse 4 weeks ago today. I still haven't received it or a firm delivery date. The tracking is really uninformative, apparently my package was processed in Chullora last Monday but over a week to Sydney metro is really slow.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Craig,

It definitely sounds like this parcel is taking longer than normal to reach you. I've sent you a private message to get some more details - please get back to me there when you can.

Brisbane

Too expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

Bought a hat and t-shirt from the U.S, the shipping bill alone from aus post costed $63au. What a rip off, could have gone via fedex for less half that price!!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Champ, Oh, I'm sorry to hear the postage charges have caught you out unaware. We definitely always recommend checking our FAQs and postage guides before going ahead so you can be sure this is t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

One star is way too kind!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2017

My package arrived in Australia on the 3rd of October and has sat with Shopmate ever since, I have called them continuously and have basically been told it's not their problem and i should talk to customs, talking to customs is impossible and in any case i have engaged Auspost to deliver my package it should be Auspost following up with customs not me! My customs broker has done absolutely everything possible to also try and get my package delivered, whereas Auspost have done nothing! My advise is don't ever use Shopmate as the service is abysmal!!
Further to this they gave my details to a third party company who contacted me unsolicited to offer their customs broking services. This part i will be taking up with the privacy commissioner...

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi R.H, This is all quite concerning and I totally understand why you'd be frustrated with what's happening (or lack thereof). It sounds like you've already got a case going for this one, so I'm ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Shop Hell

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

Package has been sitting at American post site for 20 days. No one can help me at Australia post, you never get the same person twice. No one seems to understand the process of the service they're meant to be supporting. No answers to questions. I'm loosing my mind not being able to clear an item from US customs but no one can tell me why or how to solve the issue. What ever you do, find a US service and don't use this one. If I ever get my package home I wont be using shop hell again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi killmenow,

Please refer to our private message thread regarding this situation.

perth

Terrible Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 19, 2017

I purchased an Antique helmet in the US which took well over 2 months to arrive thanks to the most unbelievable back and forth requests for info such as sending an email to ask for my email. Also what is the sellers US ABN number or what weight is the parcel which we did not wrap. It just went on and on. This service? is a joke. Get a pal in the US to post or prepare for a nightmare of paperwork.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Blue, It's disappointing to hear about the trouble you had with getting your helmet here and it certainly doesn't sound like the type of experience we want you to have. If you can kindly share... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

LOST ITEM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

please dont use this shopmate as the customer service is just bad.I am being asked to wait and wait for the shipment which seems to be lost.
And the customer service would hung up on you when you ask for manager to speak.
Case 13948637

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Vicky,

Looks like this parcel is out for delivery today - enjoy!

Croydon

• 2 answers
  • 22 helpful votes
Private message

I'm sick of receiving Auspost emails, I want to delete my account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2017

No unsubscribe button, no way of deleting my account - which is useless to me - does me no service. Tracking numbers are only relevant AFTER the package has arrived, the whole set up (for me) is a waste of resources. Auspost delivers junk mail to my mail box which is clearly marked "NO JUNK MAIL". This junk ends up strewn all over the place because in all 19 units here nobody wants it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi mojohee,

If you'd like to delete your ShopMate account you can, just give the customer service team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday and they'll arrange that for you.

Great Service, Very Reliable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2017

I bought some clothing I wanted from 3 separate buyers and I knew the shipping costs for all 3 buyers to ship from the US to Australia would be expensive. I got them to ship to a ShopMate suite which cost me $10 all together. I waited till all three packages came to the suite so I could get a bundling discount (Something that only ShopMate seems to do without you having to pay a $10 a month subscription like other forwarding companies). The total only came to $70 for 3 packages! There was a small problem with two of the packages where they took four days to be delivered after reaching Perth but the other package got to to me three days before. Great service and will use again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Adam! Glad to hear you're happy!

Launceston

St Leonard’s Depot holds my Package for over a week

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2017

I use shopmate and also have a parcel locker. I stupidly redirected my parcels from shopmate to my parcel locker and what happens is unacceptable. My current parcel is held at the St Leonard’s Depot in Launceston for days on end (so far 6 days and still waiting) supposedly because they have to ‘repackage’ it. They should not offer reduction if it’s too hard for them to print a label. Don’t use Shopmate, there are other more efficient services.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Susan,

6 days sounds like a lot longer than normal for us to redirect your parcel. I've sent you a private message so I can get some more details, please get back to me there when you can.

Verified Customer

3 emails notice and they disposed of my parcel!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 25, 2017

I had a parcel delivered and was told i needed to pay a further $189aud to get it posted from u.s to Australia! I was going thru hard times and my wife and i had to save up to pay for it. I changed jobs and started nightshift work doing 14 hrs a day minimum and we had a newborn at home and i totally forgot about it and time flew by. We finally saved up the amount needed so i logged into my shopmate acc and i couldn't find any tracking number whatsoever. I checked emails and found three emails. One when it arrived and one when it had been a month telling me they'll charge a day rate if i go over storing time. Third email was telling me i had a week to pay or they will dispose of my parcel. That email was now 5 days over date. I rang shopmate and a guy said too bad its been disposed of. I argued with him saying its only 5 days and i own that parcel, you should have rang me. I gave my phone number when i signed up. Next thing a lady gets on and says sorry there's not much we can do. I told her it was my parcel and it cost me $240usd, nearly $300aud and she had no right to dispose of it without going thru every available avenue to contact me. I asked again why didn't i get a phone call. She says i hadn't replied to any of the emails so why would i answer the phone. I swore my head off and explained my situation. I asked her where does it get disposed to, goodwill, the dump, incinerator, and she said she can't say. Then she said, look sometimes they don't dispose if it straight away, she said she could get a couple people to go have a look thru the parcels but its not free. They will charge me an hourly rate for doing so. I said I'm ok with that. She said she'll send a couple people down this afternoon and she'll ring me the next day. I asked her what time and she said she doesn't know but will be tomorrow. I was working 14hr+ nightshift and never missed a call bit they didn't ring back. I thought maybe it'll take a day or two bit nothing. Damn woman said whatever she needed to get me off the phone. I'm so bloody annoyed. I collect skateboards and have a mypost acc. I can't believe the lies, lack of contact and disrespect shopmate has and i think its very misleading having their logo same colour and style and mypost when in reality they have nothing to do with each other. I only signed with them because i thought mypost and shopmate were linked, i thought of parcel security and my acc history etc. Fyi the board in the parcel was a rare board. I paid $240usd but it was worth nearly double that. I'm shocked that they won't even call to contact person responsible and only sent me three emails that were lost in my junk file. EADC

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Boyd, I'm so sorry to hear about your board and can only imagine how distressing this entire situation is for both you and your wife with how much it meant to you both. I'd really like to take... read more »

2 of 26 pages