Filter By:

• 1 answer
  • 14 helpful votes

NOT CHEAP!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Even with my 20% discount for 1st time Shopmate, my 900gm pair of heels is STILL going to cost me $38.16. If I didn't have this discount it would be $47.80. You would think Aust Post would be happy for the business, and in some way make is more affordable. All of my Int'l shopping sites that do ship to Aust charge WAY less. I will never shop on a Int'l site that doesn't ship to Aust anymore, as I will not be using Shopmate again. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Roscoerex, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I always recommend customers check out the ShopMate FAQs before they go ahead with their purchase so they can be aware of the shippi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

There are size restrictions on parcels!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

I get that I can not expect to ship a fridge or washing machine but a print really! Signed up, placed my order on Amazon, came back to the site to check postage cost and low and behold restrictions exist on sizes. Went about cancelling my order on Amazon. Reading other reviews this is a reoccurring issue. Might I suggest that someone please do some user testing on this service, so others don't continue to make the same mistake!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Richard, There are indeed size restrictions on what you can order. They're all listed in our Shipping Restrictions page though (http://auspo.st/119MVte) and I always recommend checking these ou... read more »

Lol, pity when someone signs up you don't send them to a page that provides all this information instead of first providing the address to send parcel too. You clearly have the priorities around the wrong way on sign up.

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I was quite concerned at the shop mate reviews on this website, although i was in process of already ordering items to my US address. Yes it may be abit on the expensive side depending on what you are purchasing (Weigh up your options before using the Shopmate serivce for other alternatives if you can't afford to spend a few extra dollars on a shipping rate...) although it was a upfront and straight forward process without any issues. I had three pairs of shoes delivered without a problem perfect condition and double boxed, which arrived express in 3 Days.

Please don't let the negative reviews deter you from purchasing via Shopmate as they are always improving.

I'm very satisfied and a happy buyer through Shopmate.

Keep up the good work!
Ro!
@ROH__

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us Ro! Glad to hear it :)

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

The worst experience - held to ransom

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Before shopping I read terms and conditions and viewed the information available on what could be sent.
Terms and conditions do not stipulate the size requirements, theses are 'hidden' on the separate information page and can only be accessed by scrolling down the screen (ShopMate is more interested in telling customers they cant ship guns & explosives than letting us know the size limits of packages).
Upon arrival at Shipping station, the package was held up for being 'oversize' (it was a tin stick 50cm too long which was the offending item) My options were 1. destroy the package (valued at $900), 2. return the package to where it came from (at my cost) or forward the package to another USA address (at my cost).
After 2 weeks of trying to communicate with Shopmate, I have been charged $114 to forward the package.
Shopmate has held up the shipping of this item by 2 weeks (so far) and cost $114 with no added value.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Will, I'm so sorry you missed this information! It's definitely on the website under our Calculating Shipping page, our Shipping Restrictions page and the What You Can and Can't send page. I'll... read more »

Overpriced

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Ordered a supplement which is cheaper overseas and also on sale in Australia. Unfortunately this service won't ship supplements which is beyond stupid. Then charges more than the value of the package to redirect it to another US address. Stay away from this useless "service".

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ThievingSix, I apologise if this caught you out unaware. We always suggest checking out our FAQs on the ShopMate website before making your purchase to check that you're able to use ShopMate to... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Very very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

First time user and very pleased with the whole process. Arrived within the 5-8 business days window. Received an email every step of the way when there was an update. If you read the shipping costs carefully prior to ordering then there will be no surprises. They are outlined very clearly on the website. The only minor thing to point out is that I was expecting my item to be trackable when it reached Australia but it never showed up in "my deliveries". Will definitely use this service again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Pat, Thanks for sharing this :) Regarding the tracking of your parcel ones it comes to Australia you can track the parcel through your ShopMate account. If you prefer to use MyPost Deliveries i... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Speedy delivery, item in perfect condition

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

The estimator gave me an accurate idea of how much my shipping would cost. My parcel arrived earlier than expected, which was a treat! I ordered a chromebook/laptop and it was in fine condition - I'm using it right now. I think this service works perfectly well if you do a bit of research beforehand to determine whether the shipping cost is worth the value or quantity of what you're buying & if it's an eligible item in the first place. I have no complaints, thank you for your service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Fiona, glad to hear it :)

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Would give it no stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I have used this service three times, the first time the service was acceptable but not amazing. I was charged $32.85 for a pair of children's shoes, the second time was a disaster with only one of the three items I ordered arriving. When I checked the shipping restrictions it turns out that one of the items I ordered could probably not be legally shipped (a chalk paint additive) which was my fault but the other item should have been shipped but was never received and I was charged over $50 for the only item in the order that was sent. The third item is the worst by far. I have ordered a pair of riding chaps, they are lightweight mesh and about the length of a pair of football socks. Shopmate have invoiced me for over $82 for this item. The service is appalling and I can't believe that our national postal carrier can perform so badly and be so expensive I am warning everybody I know not to use them. Worst service experience ever.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mara,

If you feel you've been charged incorrectly or something doesn't quite seem right with your invoice then I highly recommend giving our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll be able to help you out.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

Overpriced scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I only used this as I closed my old MyUs account some time ago and thought I’d be able to ship item to my Parcel Locker (also operated by Aus Post) Wrong.
The cost is astoundingly expensive compared to my US plus they over charged me and added weight which didn’t exist to the package. I know this as I sent the item myself by UPS from the merchant to Shopmate and they recorded a weight of 5.5Lb (2.49kgs).
On my invoice with shopmate, this increase to 5.9kgs!!!! It was the same box that the item arrived in, just relabeled.
If I need to ship from the US again, I’ll just sign back up the MyUS, I get door to door delivery within 3-4 days of shipment request at a lower price and not get scammed in the process.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sally,

If you believe you might have been charged incorrectly I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475. They'll be able to discuss this with you, as well as sort out any issues with the invoice.

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

ShopLate not ShopMate, they are not a mate!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I will be factual with this review:

23/02 - ordered ultra lightweight hiking gear
26/02 - Delivered to ShopLate
06/03 - Paid higher than the calculated ShopLate fees
06/03 - ShopLate estimated delivery 12-16 march
13/03 - stuck at customs - requested info
16/03 - provided info
18/03 - informed "These details should suffice for customs, if there are any issues we will contact you."
23/03 - Not receiving my item. Requested an update - did not receive any. (case was closed without my knowledge)
At this stage if I did not followup, I would have never received my item at all.

27/03 - I contacted ShopLate and start new enquiry for an update of my item that should have been resolved on the first enquiry.
27/03 - ShopLate requested for more info.
27/03 - provided info and requested the parcel to be delivered ASAP.
30/03 - ShopLate informed info was inadequate. (3 weeks after asking for it!! WTH )
05/04 - Provided info and told them that the information they are asking for Customs is actually inside with the parcel. Customs would have got this info!! Which my conspiracy mind start to wonder if it is actually with Customs at all!!
13/04 - still no parcel. (over 6 weeks)

ShopLate, great service!!
I will start ordering stuff for Christmas now....

• 3 comments
  • 1 answer
  • 12 helpful votes

Much better services around

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Used this service as it was backed by australia post so I figured it might be better then my current one (stackry) ordered 5 separate items from Amazon, they arrived in the locker ok, but then "combined" the postage was 200 Aus! Was charged 22.95 per item and then 4.95 for weight charge (most were 500g) There was a "bundling discount" of $7.50 but that in no way made up for the other charges..... the whole point of these systems is to save money not pay twice as much!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michael. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahead to make sure our product is right for you and doesn't catch you out unaware: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ

Roxy

That presumes you know the exact size of each parcel which you don't until it's in your locker, mine could easily have been consolidated into one package instead of 5. Instead you give me a tiny 'd... read more »

Correcting the record.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2018

I posted a negative review here a few days ago and now to need to correct the record in fairness to shopmate. I regularly buy antique toys overseas and use Shopmate when I need a US address. Recently I received a reminder notice from Shopmate for a long overdue parcel I had neglected to arrange delivery of. Subsequently I Contacted Australia Post to see if they would waver the extra storage fees the item had attracted. Very promptly I received a reply with an offer of a 25 percent discount which virtually eliminated the storage fees.Must say this was a much appreciated offer from them, considering the fault was mine . Have found this service to have been very good in the past., with quick delivery and have never experienced any damaged items.Thanks to the team at shopmate.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Toyhound,

Thanks for taking the time to come back and let us know about your experience. I'm glad to hear everything worked out and hope you have a lovely day.

~Sami

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Don't be put off by bad reviews

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I had scanned a lot of the reviews on here and was really nervous about using Shopmate. However I went ahead and ordered 6 pairs of pants from Banana Republic and used Shopmate (Yes, Banana Republic ships directly internationally, but sale prices and discount codes aren't applied). I'm happy (and relieved) to say it all went smoothly. It's so easy when things go well to just carry on, but since I had read such bad reviews, I thought I'd take time to write out how it went for me.
-I did make a mistake on my declaration form, but the AU and US team fixed it for me within a few hours when I contacted them.
-Banana Republic unfortunately sent as two parcels, but it was easily packed as one on the Shopmate end. I think they said on their website that the cost is $5 per package. I did pay for insurance to be on the safe side (as I said, was super nervous). But even with consolidation and insurance, my shipping cost only worked out to be $10 more than if Banana Republic had shipped it directly ($53 compared to $65AUD). The difference is, I saved $200+AUD with the extra discount codes that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.
-I won't say the turn around on their end is super quick--it took several days before it was recorded as having arrived at the Shopmate location, and then another ~10 days before it was shipped. But to be honest, the speed wasn't a concern, just that my items arrived. Once it was shipped from the US, it took exactly one week to arrive in Perth.
Definitely take time to read what you can and can't send, and how much it'll cost so you don't get caught out (calculate a buffer to be on the safe side). Otherwise, I'll definitely use Shopmate again (and hope for the same!)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey B Taylor,

Thanks for your feedback about your experience with Shopmate! Glad to hear you saved some money using Shopmate to make that sale work for you ^_^

~Sami

Eastern Heights

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Do not use this service (there are others)

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2018

First use - They tried to blame a non- existent snow event in Portland for a 3 day delay in shipping, after receiving my goods. 5 days from receipt to shipping. I eventually, received my goods (10 days later) but not after 5 days of email traffic between us. And always with a different person.
NO TRACKING WAS PROVIDED UNTIL THE ITEM HIT AUSTRALIAN SHORES

Second use - Purchased Folgers Coffee from Walmart. Shopmate received and labelled it as Dangerous / Prohibited Goods. I contacted the Dept of Agriculture (formerly AQIS) who confirmed, by email, that my goods were neither dangerous or prohibited. When Shopmate was presented with this written evidence (by return email) they ignored it and wanted a $28 redirect fee or my item or it would be disposed of for a $5.00 fee.
The item cost me $33. Shopmate was advised in no uncertain terms where they could stick the coffee.
There will NOT BE A THIRD USE

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Erik, We always recommend customers check out our FAQs and Shipping Guides before going ahead to ensure ShopMate is the right product to suit their needs. We do list 'Food, food by-products or ... read more »

Coffee is not food

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Like to hit you with extra costs wherever they can, consolidation of packages a rip off and postage

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2018

Now claim to consolidate packages at an extreme cost, charge for handling fees when return to sender requested even though prepaid return label provided, no tracking numbers supplied for items sent, postage for each item expensive.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi K c, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. We never want our customers to be caught out with an unexpected charge and we want to make sure our service is the correct one for them at all ... read more »

WESTMEAD

• 2 comments

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Terrible Terrible Service..Please don't think to use Australia Post ShopMate if don't have insurance

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 27, 2018

I supposed to receive a parcel more than $700.00 valued. It was cleared the custom and according to the Australia Post Tracking system. It was in Chullora warehouse and ready to deliver next day. Australia post even send a SMS "tomorrow your parcel will be delivered". Last 15 days parcel never arrived and after 10 long calls, Australia Post told that item is lost, and Australia Post can only refund Maximum $50.00. Customer Service is terrible terrible, their staff don't know how to use the tracking system. When you call, after 5 mins put you on hold for 15 mins, come back with "sorry we are investigating..no further update". You will not be able to talk to the manager/Supervisor.
It supposed to deliver next day suddenly disappeared from tracking system, It is very suspicious (expensive and uninsured). Someone within Australia post is tracking this information.
Final Answer from Australia post "Suddenly disappeared from the tracking system"
Is there any justice?
Is there any Responsibility from Australia post?
My advice: DON't Use SHOPMATE

April 23rd 2018 Update: Terrible Service - Here is the response, Sorry will not bring the goods - Lost $750.00

Update for Investigation - 17003266
Good afternoon V,

From the outset, I would like to apologise for any deficiencies or disjointed information you have received from our office. While our investigation process has been thorough, as advised, we have had no option but to declare your item as lost in transit. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience this has caused.

In consideration of this matter, I have reviewed your case and would be happy to address your questions as requested; I appreciate you raising them.

By way of explanation, Australia Post strives to deliver all articles however with manual handling, we are unable to categorically offer a guarantee against human error, hence Australia Post offering a compensation scheme, commonly known as ‘Extra Cover’. In the event of loss or damage to articles lodged within our network, compensation is payable in line with the terms and conditions of the service used.

When we deem articles lost in transit, we have exhausted all humanly possible avenues of investigation. In this instance, we have not been able to locate your specific article, therefore justifying the decision to deem it lost. The last scan we have on this article was our Sydney Parcel facility, and that was the last trace of the item. That facility is predominantly machine sort, however some level of manual handling is conducted and there is no way for us to isolate a particular area or individual – therefore Australia Post (the corporation) take responsibly for the loss in this instance.

With regard to your claims of theft, our staff have extensive training and work within highly monitored environments, with security of the mail entrusted to us paramount, I am unable to comment further without specific evidence.

The ShopMate service as mentioned has an optional add-on service called Extra Cover (VCare), and for items of high value, it’s recommended purchasers opt for this service; without Extra Cover being taken, in the event of loss or damage, Australia Post will only pay compensation in line with our terms and conditions, for your reference I have included the link below:

(Refer Page 70).

Any deficiencies with the information you were provided during the course of the investigation have been addressed with the individuals concerned and appropriate counsel has been given. Our staff are fully trained and competent to handle all customer enquires; on the rare occasion information to the contrary is provided, we have processes in place to ensure we close any gaps in knowledge.

Australia Post relies on the feedback of our customers to provide the best possible service, and as such, we thank you for raising your concerns and allowing us the opportunity to respond. I hope this provides clarity from an Australia Post perspective and I offer my apologies for any disappointment this matter may have caused you.

Regards,
[name removed]
Senior Manager
Australia Post

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi vvan,

Please refer to our private message conversation if you need further assistance.

Roxy

OMG, Do you think Australia Post helped my query? I wasted hours and hours ... not helpful at all

How do I get the refund?

Australia

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Suspect I was overcharged.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 25, 2018

I bought a parcel from the US. The shipped weight quoted by the seller was 1.2lb (just under 600g).
The cubic weight of the parcel was just under 1kg.
I was charged for 2k worth of weight.
I suspect the weights were combined, not the greater of the two chosen.

I will give them another chance, but this time I will be watching.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Pete,

If you feel the postage charges weren't quite right I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll be able to look into this for you.

Roxy

No, I'm marking it down to a learning experience. I'm carefully calculating the cubic and actual weight of my next parcel very carefully, and you'll hear from an angry me if it isnt acceptable.

Perth

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Terrible service, delayed receipt, lost item, damaged item, nightmare!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2018

I don't know where to start. This was my first "trial" use of ShopMate and it was a complete and utter disaster. This is a truly amateurish business that does not have a clue what it is doing! Amazon delivered 2 separate items to ShopMate for me which they lost. After much "searching", a week later they found them but one was just an empty box!! Tried to ship the good item but website was a mess and refused to do it since it was linked to the item they lost. Contacted support many many times and finally told them to ship the good item back to Amazon. ShopMate did nothing in 2 weeks whereas Amazon then shipped the item to me in Australia in one week! ShopMate is not just incompetent, they are expensive too!

How could they lose my item in their warehouse and then find an empty box (did someone from ShopMate open the item and steal it??)

Run from this company. Do not do any business with them. Ever!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Doug, What a terrible experience! I'm so sorry that this happened to you and I'm glad that you got your items in the end. It sounds as if the parcel may have been damaged in transit to the ware... read more »

Alice, no I have still not received the second item. ShopMate refuse to reply to my questions about the status of it. It was lost in their warehouse but they expect me to just write it off. Seri... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

I will never use this service again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2018

Would have given no stars if I could. What is the point of offering consolidated shipping if you can't consolidate packages that are not from the same merchant? Obviously if I was purchasing from the same merchant my packages would already be in 1 package. I wanted my items after waiting for so long and so many other issues including my chargeable weight being more than double the actual weight of my item (hence my intent of using consolidated shipping). I just paid for 4 packages to be done with the service. I will return my last package to sender (with a fee from Shopmate) to repurchase and send to a different forwarding service. Never again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mel, This is disappointing to hear and I apologise that our service didn't meet your needs this time around. We never want our customers to be caught out by something, and we have pretty detail... read more »

Do not use! Dishonest practices – will cheat weight

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I just got a notification that my package had arrived at the Shopmate warehouse. Upon viewing the notification, it says my item is 1.3KG, with a cubic weight of 8.3KG which will cost me $107!!! To ship a chiffon dress! This is impossible! Even with a heavy box wouldn’t weigh this much.

This is the second time I have used the service. The first time, I bought a pair of high top sneakers which obviously weigh more than a dress, and only paid $52.75 to ship. Quite reasonable all things considered.

I checked the merchant shipping tracking number (UPS domestic shipping tracking number), and saw the weight of the package is listed as 1lbs, which equates to 0.45kg! After seeing this, it’s clear that SHOPMATE ARE DISHONEST AND WILL INCREASE THE WEIGHT OF YOUR PACKAGE TO GET MORE MONEY.

My advice, do not use this service because you will be ripped off as I have.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ACL,

Hmm, this sounds a little unusual. I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 so they can investigate it for you.

2 of 29 pages