Filter By:

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Wow, all this negative feedback, but my experience was flawless

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

I needed to get two boxes from Amazon because some crap policy they wouldn't ship direct if it is an 'Amazon exclusive' item, as these were. All the non-exclusive items I bought at the same time they would ship direct, which is just slightly cheaper so I let it happen. The SMARTEST thing would have been to combine my 5 orders at Shopmate, but the amount of negative reviews I figured I would just try what I MUST do this way. So the packages turned up 5 days apart, did the declarations, got them combined, paid and sent, and it was about 5 days later they turned up all in good order and well packed. I am just saying that was my experience, and I am wondering if the silent majority sees the same thing? Just figured I would put it on the record, the Magic can happen. Once at least!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Vince,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us :)

• 3 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Will destroy your parcels.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Terrible prices. Will offer to destroy your parcels and will be rude to you. asf adf afca afdacd adfasd ad

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Odin,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience. If you'd like to expand on what happened I'd be more than happy to assist you.

Melbourne

Disappointed- again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 31, 2018

I must be a slow learner. I have written a critical review of Shopmate previously, and yet was foolish enough to use them again. My mistake. I ordered goods from Amazon which were promptly delivered to Shopmate. I was notified that my package is dangerous goods - either dangerous, damaged or prohibited for import. This is not correct. The package, from Amazon, contains a melatonin supplement. I have purchased the same product previously through Amazon and shipped it via Shopmate. Under the Australian Government Department of Health Therapeutic Goods Administration’s personal importation scheme I can legally import this product for the use of my immediate family. Maximum 3 months supply at a time. It is recommended for my disabled son by his paediatrician. Previously on its arrival in Australia I have had to provide a copy of the order/invoice to Customs, and it has then been cleared and sent to me. I am not aware of any legislative change that now prevents my importation. I contacted Shopmate as per above. Their response; may have done it previously but won’t ship now. Options? Return to supplier, on forward elsewhere, or for a fee they’ll dispose of it for me. I feel I have to effectively forfeit my order and suffer the loss.

As per my previous recommendation, find an alternate group to ship through. I will finally take my own advice and do the same...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Stevie, I'm sorry this has caught you out! We have a pretty extensive list of what's restricted on our website here: http://auspo.st/119MVte It is very likely that things have changed since you... read more »

Hi Roxy, thank you for taking the time to reply. While I appreciate your advice this most recent incident, combined with previous experiences, will see me cancelling my account. Regards, Steve

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Avoid, its association with AusPost is makes what could have been rather toxic

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2018

I've been a loyal shopmate customer since it launched. At first it was far cheaper than using many alternatives, but now the price is quite steep- but I tolerate it for the convenience. Things go off the rails as soon as it lands in Australia.
You get notified with a tracking number and that it's on its way, but too late to route the package for pick up.
The delivery attempt happens while you're at work. They won't re-attempt delivery because it came via ShopMate.
If you want your package (that you just paid a premium to get to Australia) moved to a local post office, they charge $6 per package over the weight of 500g, and you'll have to wait 2-3 business days for that happen.
Because my motorcycle is in for service, I had to walk 1 hour to the post office and an hour back. The ludicrous thing- is there is an Australia Post LPO 400 meters from my house! It would be great if ShopMate let me choose to deliver domestically via FedEx, DHL etc. I'd take it in a heartbeat. I won't be shipping with them again.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for your feedback NotoriousD, it's a shame to hear you feel this way about the service.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

So expensive-will never ship again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

Stay away from Shopmate guys. The shipping model is insanely expensive and just looks like they feed on your desire to buy US products. The base rate and the calculations on top are an eye opener. Not sure how do they even do business. Plus the promotion code was not working for me. never ever will use them. The sense of trust as a fellow aussie business is gone.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Rmeh,

It's a shame to hear about your experience with this service and the the promo code you tried to use didn't work.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback.

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

“Insurfficiant packed”, a perfect excuse for not paying compensation for your damaged goods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 26, 2018

I am so upset by Australia Post when I tried to lodge a complaint about the damaged caused by their ShopMate delivery service while shipping an armchair from US to Australia.

When I opened the box, one of the wooden armchair's leg was broken and a big hole on the packaging box close to the area where the armchair leg had been placed. So I contact ShopMate immediately and had been told to bring the whole pack to a local post office to lodge a complaint for my case.

After I carried the whole pack to local post office and showed it to the staff, they told me it’s not insufficiently packed straight way. I was stunned! I asked the staff how could they come out this conclusion immediately?! I bought this armchair from Amazon US, they shipped it to ShopMate US warehouse with same packaging but there was damage, because ShopMate US checked the package after they received from Amazon US. Now they told me the damage was caused by insufficient packaging. So I asked “what is a sufficient packaging look like?!” “Who should make this decision?” They told me it’ll be their investigation team to make the final decision. Anyway, I still lodged the complaint and the Post Office staff took few pictures and asked me to go home to wait for their response.

I have been waiting since 10th January, eventually Australia Post sent me an email on 22nd January mentioned they were still waiting for Damage Report to be assessed by their investigation team. The next day, same guy sent me another email and told me ShopMate will not compensate because the same reason, “insufficiently packed”! Unbelievable, same conclusion.

I contacted Australia Post and talked to one of their customer service staff and asked how could they come out this conclusion? They told me there only receive one picture about a small packaging foam as part of the evidence received from my local Post Office, so they made the decision. Again, I was out of rage. I brought the whole package to the Post Office, they only took one picture with single packaging foam. This staff suggested me to take another picture with all packaging materials for them to re-evaluate. Fine, I took another picture and sent to them.

Today, I got another email from the first ShopMate staff and gave me same decision even after received the new picture I sent last night. It said “Unfortunately, it is not possible to establish from photos alone if there was sufficient packaging around the damaged part of the chair. I recommend that you take all of the packing material and anything else that came with the initial delivery, to the Silverwater Business Hub for them to re-appraise their assessment. I will be happy to compensate if the assessment is changed by the Silverwater Business Hub.” Now, I am kicked back to the local Post Office to represent the same package again and wish they could come out a different conclusion. Wait a minute, the local Post Office told me it’s not their responsibility to the assessment, who is telling the truth?

I called Australia Post again, somehow I am able to talk this ShotMate staff and he insisted the customer service staff misled yesterday, because even after I provided the picture of all packing material will not change the conclusion from his side. Then the local Post Office also gave me false information, because it’s local Post Office’s call to decide if it’s sufficiently packed or not.

Now I am totally speechless. Outrageous! How could ShopMate staff and Australia Post staff contradict with each other and push their customer between each other?! Isn’t Australia Post and ShopMate is same company?! Why it’s so difficult for them to admit they damage the good during the shipment? Instead, trying to use an excuse like “insufficient packaging” to avoid pay any compensation to their customer. Btw, I paid extra insurance while I ordered this delivery service from ShopMate to cover exact scenario like this. But unfortunately, they just don’t believe what you told them or showed them and find any reason to push it back to customer.

So I would never ever use ShopMate service for any oversea shipment. And just let everyone know, no matter how sufficient your goods have been packed, they could always say it’s not packed properly and that’s why it’s been damaged. If I followed their logic correctly.

Shame on you, ShopMate & Australia Post!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Zane Z,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about this. There is a lot to go through here so I've sent you a private message for some more information so I can check everything out for you.

~Sami

I have been contacting Australia Post for multiple times since two weeks ago. Again and again, Australia Post never came out any constructive suggestion or solution about my complaint. They’re keep... read more »

Hervey Bay

Needs improvement.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

2nd time using it and the current package show's Shipping information approved by Australia Post Time & date 07:51am Tue 16 Jan and not 1 comment after that. There tracking sucks. Also you can only pay the postage by credit card. I had to get one from AP to pay for the first parcel. Yeah I never saw a big notice saying don't expect to pay the postage bill OVER THE COUNTER at your local PO or b-pay or transfer it. How lame is that only credit card. And there postage price is on a par with other services except for combining, and I have used 2 (MYUS, but they damaged too much stuff opening it to take pictures) Now I use UStoOZ, working well. Didn't use them for this because there address is in Colorado and the ebay item wanted $24 sales tax but not too the AP address?. And ebay is pretty infexible, it does not care that it will end up in Australia, just add the TAX. Anyway UStoOZ will get the rest of my business, tracking shows up from start to go and every where in between.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Garfiel, Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about your feedback. Postage can be paid for using either a credit card or a debit card like any other online purchase. Apolo... read more »

I can also make online purchases with Paypal, no credit card needed. I can also buy online and do a bank transfer to many places, no credit card needed. So why cannot AP come into the 21st centur... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

I would not recommend this service, full stop.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 20, 2018

The worst part? Look at all of these reviews. It doesn’t appear that the business has utilised feedback which has a consistent, common theme. The service is slow: 2-3 days to upload a parcel as ‘received’, 2-3 days to submit an enquiry and receive a response if there appears to be an error, 2-3 days to ship once paid. All up a 6-9 day turnaround. God forbid you want to repackage or consolidate, expect extra fees and further significant delays. I requested consolidation which resulted in an average sized parcel under 2kg costing more than what was initially quoted to ship separately. I don’t often take time out to rant but I’m really frustrated and disappointed with the whole service - my advice would be - don’t bother. Use an alternative provider.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi BLA, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. I can assure you that feedback from this website is regularly passed on to the product managers for their reference, though any changes do take... read more »

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

package lost, no one takes responsibility

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

I purchased from US shop and they sent the package to Shopmate warehouse, courier tracking service indicates the parcel received by Shopmate but it doesnt appear in my account. Its been more than 1 week (it should take up to 48 hours) since it arrived in their warehouse and still nothing. No one replies to my emails. I even called them and still nothing, they asked me to email again! Sent more than 10 emails and no one got back to me. terrible service. whos gonna compensate ?!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Khash,

Have you got a case reference number? Let me know what it is and I'll be happy to check up on this for you.

Roxy

15936629 is my case number and already got reply from your team that parcel is missing and they dont take responsibility eventhough they signed for it

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Worst experience ever wish i read some comments first...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Purchased goods which i have purchased from the sates numerous times and had shipped no problems.
Had them posted to shopmate for $8 Shopmate decided that the product was food (Its not) and refused to post it on.
AustPost more than happy to destroy it or send it to another US address.
I got it forwarded to another company who sends to Australia myus.com (So much better) and austpost charged me $60 WTH??
myus.com received it and shipped it to me in a australia no problem for only $45

WTH do not use Shopmate its a scam they ban everything saying they don't have license and charge high prices to send it back or forward it on.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Beau, I'm sorry this has caught you out unaware! We have a pretty extensive list of what's restricted on our website here: http://auspo.st/119MVte If you're ever unsure of something I highly re... read more »

It’s not that postage from the supplier to your Shopmate warehouse cost me $8 for you to send it back cost $58 for them to sent it to me in australia cost me $66.
$58 to return a parcel??? When it only cost $8 to get sent to you????
Scam

Everything is restricted - don't bother with Shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

First time trying shipmate I ordered from Amazon and got 3 packages to go to my shipmate address. These are all Haircare items (apart from a pain relief gel). They were all classed as dangerous items or prohibited. I have ordered the same thing at least twice before and used reship with no issue.

It's ridiculous - don't bother. Now I'm up for more shopping fees sending it to my reship address and then getting it sent over.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Carmz, I'm sorry this has caught you out unaware! We have a pretty extensive list of what's restricted on our website here: http://auspo.st/119MVte If you're ever unsure of something I highly r... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Great Service - Here in a Jiffy! Perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 16, 2018

Everything was perfect on delivery, no hassles, no problems. Good price, item was really taken care of, and really well done in every aspect. Thanks for very very decent service. 5 stars!

Comments

And thank you for prohibiting items, which makes me feel safe that dangerous goods are not handled by your staff!! I feel more confident with future purchases because of how strict you are in permi... read more »

Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing this P.F :)

• 2 questions
  • 3 answers
  • 3 helpful votes

Broken

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2018

I have had many parcels from here and receive parcels from the family .
Many times i have breakage
Even last week a lovely tin that was send amongs other things was dented and it was so well wrapped
Stuff i have bought from a catalogue broken and it was all bubble wrapped and in cardboard
I have noticed the delivery drivers trow the parcel om the pourch yel out and before you get the door open they driven off.
Complained to postoffice answer not packed properly NOT SO they even had many complaints from that particular driver he is still there!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Johanna, It's disappointing to hear about how your parcels have been arriving, especially when you mention they're packed very well. I highly recommend, if this ever happens again, to take the... read more »

I have done this even the Byford post office agreed but someone in the main office sissagreed so what can I do
As stated before it was the same driver that has been complained about before

• 1 review
  • 2 comments

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

Shopmate Has an Undisclosed Blanket Shipping Ban on Many Legally Exported Products

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 05, 2018

Shopmate doesn't use the Attorney Generals Justice Dept definition of "firearms accessories" nor the WA Police definition of "firearms accessories", nor the Aust. Customs definition of "firearms accessories", or the U.S. Customs definition of "firearms accessories". They apparently make up their own definition and ban legally exported/imported products such as gun oil, gun cleaning cloth, reloading dies and quote "Anything related to the firearms industry" Items that are completely legal to export from the USA, and legal to import into Australia without any licence or special permits. They do this without stating their blanket ban in their "Restricted Items Policy". This is going to cost me hundreds of dollars to fix and redirect. Do they make money with this blanket ban? Why do they not use Customs Regulations and rules instead of a blanket product group ban? Why cause grief and loss to so many customers?

Shopmate state your blanket ban in clear terms! Like this....

"Shopmate has a blanket shipping ban on any an all items related to the gun industry regardless of whether your item is legal to export from USA and legal to import into Australia. We make up our own definition of what the term "Firearms accessory" means and include anything ever so slightly related to the firearms industry or with the word "Gun" written on it or near it. We don't use the customs definition of these two words nor the Australian justice dept definition nor the state police definition." in short, we can't be bothered working out the rules and applying them, so we just blanket ban everything!!! P.S. We will charge you warehouse fees while you fight for your rights through our slow complaints system and charge you to redirect your goods or charge you to throw your expensive goods to the tip.

I am using MyUS.com to fix this mess. They are my saviour!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your thoughts MVL.

We have a pretty clear list on our website stating what we can and can't ship, with firearms and firearms accessories being on there as we don't have the license to handle them: http://auspo.st/119MVte

Roxy

Thanks Roxy for your feedback. Australia Post's can't act in this way and cause confusion and expense to hundreds of customers by using non-legal & illogical definitions and blanket bans and th... read more »

P.S. MyUS.com shipped my goods to me in Australia from USA with no delay, no inflated shipping cost and no problems. THEY ARE FANTASTIC!! NEVER NEVER AGAIN WILL I EVER USE Aust Post ShopMate.

3 weeks held in Sydney without release

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 04, 2018

Still awaiting delivery of my parcel since it landed in Sydney. Still no movement or expected delivery since the 19th December. Would not use again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Dan,

Hm, that does seem to be taking a little longer than normal. I'd be happy to chase this up for you, but I'll need a little bit more information. I've sent you a private message, so please get back to me there when you can.

Worked, but expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

Ordered a men's snow/ski jacket from Amazon US. In Australia the cost was $400, on Amazon I found the same item for $130 AUD. The shipping component from Shopmate was $90. Obscenely expensive in my view, however the packaging size from Amazon was a little overkill. Luckily I used a discount voucher from Shopmate which reduced the shipping to $60. At the end of the day, paid just under $200 for an item advertised $400 in Australia. I guess I'm happy, however the shipping costs seem a little expensive.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your thoughts :)

Brisbane

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Horrible slow shipping that is super expensive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 30, 2017

I have used Shopmate about 5 times now. I won't be using them again. $30 to ship a parcel from the US - the parcel was received by Shopmate on 15th December and it still hasn't arrived.. The original delivery date was 24 December which has now changed to 2 January. Yes, I realise it's the holidays, but items I ordered from Amazon on a later date than these packages arrived at the Shopmate shipping depot were delivered to me in Australia well before Xmas. For $30 I would expect express delivery - this is definitely NOT express. Total ripoff. Will be finding another company to use.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah,

Hmm, a parcel from the 15th should've definitely had some movement on it by now. I'll send you a private message so I can get some more details and follow it up for you.

Roxy

It arrived yesterday. Took way too long. $30 is express delivery from any other company that sends a small package from the States to Australia.

MUNDOOLUN

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Tracking/Speed - what the?

2 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

Bought a phone from the US just recently, mostly satisfied with the delivery service so far, however, I would like the option to order an express shipping option after my parcel arrives in australia, this is because I bought another product just recently from NSW and it arrived yesterday, even though I bought it after my phone had already arrived in Aus. According to the tracking system, my phone lies waiting in the facilities still.

Going off past experiences, you don't know your package is in transit until the day of its delivery - it would certainly be more comforting knowing that my product is on its way and not sitting at a facility collecting dust.

TL;DR, tracking, like always, is a bit weak + an option for express shipping after package has arrived in Aus would be great.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Wade, Express Shipping is a great suggestion! Hopefully this is something we can implement in the not-too-distant future! :) Regarding tracking your parcel, you should be able to see updates p... read more »

Hi Roxy, thanks for the reply. My complaint about the tracking may just be because my parcel has only been tracked at the "Sydney Facility" for longer than the estimated time of arrival. It's a... read more »

My tracking number is 00093493040001992513 by the way, I don't know when the enquiry will be answered on where my package is, so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Their 'solutions' ALL involve paying a fee of sorts!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 27, 2017

Apparently I must have skipped over the terms and conditions without noticing that snapple drink sachets would be considered a food product or a dangerous one at that. I received an email that my shipping from Amazon was classed as dangerous and in asking about the specs, I am told they don't have a license for food items. They provide me with 3 options I have available to move forward, all of them involve me paying an extra fee - even for chucking out my beloved snapple sachets I've got to pay.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Random,. I'm sorry that you weren't aware that Snapple satchels would be considered food items, and therefore couldn't be shipped through ShopMate. For future orders, you can find all the restr... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Lost my package

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2017

I haven't received my package but it says delivered on the website. When I call up, they say it has a signature with different name.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Hermawan,

That is worrying to hear. Has a disputed delivery case been logged for you?

Alice

3 of 29 pages

1.5/5 from 557 reviews? That's terrible! Lucky I checked here before using the Shopmate service.How can a government owned business provide such a poor and deceptive service? I tried to make sense of the 'additional charges' on the Shopmate website and it was just a confusing minefield. This would explain the hundreds of complaints about overcharging on this review site. Australia Post, BE HONEST and TRANSPARENT about your charges? And how, just how, can I calculate my ACTUAL costs to use your service beyond the basic calculator you have listed on your site (which again, is deceptive as it doesn't calculate true cost of shipping goods)?

Rohloffp asked on Jun 12, 2018

Hi Rohloffp,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Our FAQs and pricing calculators are pretty transparent on what you can and can't send and what the expected costs will be, but if you're ever unsure, you can always give our ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475 or you can email them directly on shopmate@auspost.com.au. They'd be happy to help clarify anything for you.

Roxy

Shipped a mobile phone to the Oregon warehouse a week ago, but never got a notification from ShopMate that it arrived - I had to chase it myself. It's now been 'on hold' for 4 days, again with no communication from anyone... Why is my parcel on hold and why have I not been emailed or asked any questions? I would assume it's on hold because you need more info, like an invoice, but since you haven't asked me for any info, I can only assume I'm being stuffed around... If I was shipping live animals or other contraband, I could understand a package being on hold for days, but a simple mobile phone???

Simo asked on Jun 05, 2018

Hi Simo,

I definitely suggest giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday so they can have a look at your account and see what's going on.

Roxy

Hi Archie here, I purchased an item from the US trough shipmate but when i checked yesterday in the "My Shopping" section of the website it said that the package was "on hold." I emailed shopmate who told me to : 1. Log into your shopmate account 2. Declare your package 3. make payment I don't know how to declare a package. What does it mean by the package being "on hold?" Thanks in advance from Archie

Archie M asked on Apr 23, 2018

Hey Archie,

Your article is on hold until we have the additional information we need for the customs declaration. Once we have this and the payment has been done the article will continue it's journey to you.

Feel free to call our Shopmate team on 1300 624 475 if you have any issues or further questions.

See all 96 questions about Australia Post Shopmate