Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

Private message

Ordered some wine they destroyed it and could not provide proof of destruction

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

I ordered some wine and was not aware it is on their prohibited items list, and rather than letting me know or providing an alternative option for delivery they (Apparently) destroyed it. More likely someone in the U.S. is sitting back at home enjoying the $200.00 worth of wine I purchased.
They did not even have the courtesy to advise me it was being destroyed and when questioned could not provide me with proof of destruction.
Complaint made to the Ombudsman.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Angry1,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I apologise this one didn't work out how you anticipated.
If approached by the Ombudsman, we will work with them as required to resolve this one.

SYDNEY

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 10 helpful votes
Private message

Absolute Joke! Can't even set up an account properly, I would never trust them to deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I set up a ShopMate account three days. Activated it immediately. Went to order an item today, then found out my account had been cancelled as, they said, I hadn't activated it yet. Called up Australia Post. Nobody, even them, can call ShopMate, so Anita sent an email and advised me that I should hear from them shortly. Two hours later I spoke with Supervisor Rhys. He checked, told me that after my earlier call the wrong information had been forwarded to the wrong department and that it could take one or two BUSINESS DAYS for ShopMate to get around to my case. As I said, no way of contacting them by phone is available, either to me or even to other Australia Post employees.

In summary, ShopMate randomly cancelled my account, nobody within Australia Post can help, and it is likely to take one or two business days for them to fix up their own mistake.

If this is how competent - or otherwise - they are even before I've used their services, I may well have had a very lucky escape!!

PLEASE CONSIDER CAREFULLY IF THIS PRODUCT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JD - Sydney,

This doesn't sound right at all. Were you given a case number I could take a look at?

For future reference, ShopMate can be contacted by phone on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Roxy

I have given a factual account of what happened and what I was told. I have not exaggerated. I was not given a case number, perhaps because I told Rhys I had no confidence in ShopMate's ability t... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

lost package, no contact etc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kelly,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having trouble with this one, please give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475.

• 2 comments
  • 28 helpful votes
Private message

Goods were delivered to Shop mate - and went into a black hole.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

- Shopmate lost track of an entire shipment (due 17-20th April)
- Shopmate do not investigate lost shipments until customers lodge enquiries - even though an entire shipment had dropped off the radar for 10 days
- Whilst my goods were insured - refunds are paid in MONEY ORDER - not a refund on your card
- Repeated requests for management to call went unanswered

Costs to ship from US are actually greater than courier costs from US (with priority shipping courier)

Expensive
Poor customer service
Lack of process
Management non-existent

• 4 comments

Lost my shipment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Shopmate has lost my parcel containing goods worth $600, and they have no idea where it is.

Shopmate is about the worst delivery service in the world. I've never had such a bad experience as the one I've had with Shopmate. My advice if you're looking for a company to deliver a product from the USA, steer clear of Shopmate and find another supplier.

The parcel I had shipped with Shopmate has never arrived, and Shopmate has no idea where it is. I had my order from Amazon arrive at their Oregon office early April 2017 and Shopmate informed
me it would be delivered 17-20 April 2017. I payed to get it shipped, and the last Shopmate and AusPost know where it is somewhere in Canada! No one knows what it's doing in Canada. They have no idea if someone on their team stole it. And although Shopmate has lost my parcel, they have no intention of paying for my lost package even though it was in their hands and they were accountable for it.

If you are looking for a company to ship your US orders to Australia, Shopmate must just about be the worst - suggest you find someone else.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sailing Tranquilo,

This isn't good to hear. Did you have a case number with us that I can take a look at please?

Roxy, the tracking number is 00093493040001415050

• 1 answer
Private message

WARNING.......THEY OVERCHARGE and NO ONE EVER RETURNS EMAIL ENQUIRIES.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

No point waiting for response from Shopmate, you get no reply.
I have no trouble with any other service from Australia Post.
It is my first and last use of Shopmate.
I'm sure I have been overcharged.
I would love it if a Manager of Shopmate would review my account.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Savage,

Apologies for the delayed response. If you're still having trouble I would recommend giving ShopMate a call on 1300 624 475.

Roxy

Can't be bothered. Their service is as bad as your very very late response. No Thankyou.

Parcel recieved by ELLIS Oregon, Portland

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 26, 2017

Parcel dropped at Shopmate address and received by Ellis. Have e-mailed Aussie Post and had an action number lodged. Still waiting for the Parcel to be found! Delivered 6 days ago to their address....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Dougo,

Avoid at all costs

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

Let's see, it is now 24/4/2017 and ShopMate originally received my parcel to their US address on 14/2/2017.
2 weeks' ago I had been promised reimbursement for my "lost item" in the form of a cheque, still waiting...

Hopeless team in the Customer Service department, originally had the enquiry listed as 'Staff complaint' ?! It was, only until recently, that this was changed to a missing item enquiry.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi J dawg,

Verified Customer

Volumetric weight is more than three times the actual weight

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

Hi Auspost, last time this happened, Shopmate didn't bother responding to my direct enquiry until I posted on here nine days later. So this time I'm coming straight to the forum that appears to get a result (you were very helpful last time). I've had a parcel arrive in Oregon with an actual weight of 3.5kg, and a volumetric weight of 12.1kg. It is a large(ish) box, but with the known dimensions of the box, it is not possible to get to the fee that Shopmate have calculated. It also doesn't appear that there has been an attempt to repackage the i tem as per the Shopmate T&C's. I'm loath to pay the $171.70 that Shopmate want to charge me for insured shipping to Aus. For that price, I'll go back to UPS/USPS next time. I also give permission for any packing filler to be removed from around or within the bag contained in the box. Please contact me at your earliest convenience via the mobile number listed on my Shopmate profile.

Last four numbers of my APCN: 8126
AP Article ID: 00093493040001440311
cASE NUMBER: 10888023

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Heath,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you here. I can see we're currently looking into this one, and I've flagged it with the Shopmate team today to get back to you as soon as possible.

Roxy

Hi Roxy, Thank you for your response. This case can be closed as I ended up just paying the invoiced amount due to the urgent need to take delivery of the parcel. In the future, I will not be usin... read more »

Wish I could give it Negative Stars

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Fedex delivered my package over a week ago, took 3 days to show up on my Shopmate account.
I login in and received a warning about the valve being close to $1000. I disregarded the warning so I could proceed and it disregarded my package completely, that's it no longer on my account, just gone!.

I can't get a hold of anyone, there is no number to call and no reply to multiple emails.

This is just a scam. I have been using Shipit forever without issues still not sure why I thought I would give Shopmate a try. Huge mistake!!!!

Where is my package!!!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Spaniard,

Roxy

It is a much needed service with a few glitches

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

Let's face it...it is difficult to buy lots of things from US stores because they won't ship to Aus. Shopmate solves this problem by supplying us with a US address. I found it easy to register on Shopmate and easy to shop with the desired US retail outlet. In fact everything ran smoothly except for Shopmate Orlando where I was not advised of the parcel arrival for some weeks. This caused distress as to where the expensive item was after the dated departure from the retail store. When this was finally sorted the parcel arrived promptly here in Oz and I felt for the weight and size that the freight was reasonable. There was one more glitch where I was advised that delivery had been fulfilled despite there being a holding of mail with Australia Post in place because I was away on vacation. Luckily a relative was able to pick the item up from the front door of our property. As the item was valued at over $1000 I was wondering why a signature was not sought. Overall this service is much needed and hopefully airing of these glitches will help streamline it. I will definitely keep using it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experience C Carter, it's appreciated.

Roxy

Expensive item and I cannot get payment processed via checkout

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2017

Have used this service for the first time and won't do it again.
No notification that my item was ready to proceed. Now when I try to pay the postage the system seems to freeze.
I won't my items that u have paid for!!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Renee72,

Apologies for the delay. If you're still having trouble I recommend calling ShopMate customer contact centre on 1300 624 475 .

Verified Customer

An human error, a website error or an overcharge ???

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2017

ZERO STAR !!!
My parcel from Backcountry was delivered to Shopmate, Oregon USA on Tuesday 11/4/2017 11:31am local time.
According to UPS delivery details, the package weight 3.9lbs (1.8kg).
However, Shopmate claimed that the original weight of the package was 8.2kg and they repacked it to 4.8kg and the shipment cost is AUD 77.45.
How can an 1.8kg parcel turned into 8.2kg ? Is Shopmate lying to overcharge customers for services that have never ever existed ??? They should rename themselves as ShopEvil !!!

I lodged a complaint to Austral
ia Post and then Shopmate today 14/04/2017. If the issue won't be resolved within an acceptable time frame, I am going to escalate it to Australian consumer affairs and media.
Australian please protect and fight for your rights !!!

April 26th, 2017 Update: Pathetic service! They ignore your complaint totally.

I already wrote a review "An human error, a website error or an overcharge ???" on 15/04/2017.

I now believe that it's not system or human errors but Shopmate does it on purpose.
Australian, Please lodge your complaints to australian fair trading straight away when you have your Shopmate case number. When Services/Traders have too many complaints against them, they will be watched. This is the ONLY way to put Australian Post under pressure to resolve your issues.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi VuNguyen,

I'd be more than happy to take a look into this for you, just let me know what your case number is from when you called us.

Roxy

Hi Roxy, My case number is 10773790 and under "Product Enquiry". I posted all the details like my Australian Post Customer Number, Shopmate receiver name and the Parcel details. I strongly believ... read more »

10 days after my complaint lodged and nothing happened. I am going to lodge a complaint to Australian Fair Trading.

Chelsea

• 6 helpful votes

Expensive expensive expensive

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 14, 2017

I ordered a lightweight blanket from amazon. They shipped to Australia but were going to about $40. Using the calculator on the shopmate website, I determined it would be cheaper so decided to ship it there instead (the amazon shipping was free in the US). The package arrived and it was $53 to ship!!! What a joke, it's a baby pram blanket! What a mistake I made shipping via Australia post-I should have known better as everything with Aus Post is $$$. I've got some sinks being shipped via ShopMate, used the calculator but I'm dreading how much it is actually going to cost seeing as the calculator appears to be useless. Use another service as there are plenty around!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michelle. When using the calculator, the prices shown are in estimates only and the quote can change depending on the size of the packaging used by the sender. Ap... read more »

Wollongong

Private message

Disappointing. Expensive. Extortion. Frustrating.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

First off, my recommendation is to read their website very carefully. There are many terms like "may" and "at our discretion" that are littered throughout their terms. Secondly, an actual weight calculator is useless in shipping. After getting a quote of $45 (which sounded logical and reasonable) I decided to give their service a try. Now, if the person sending the item uses a huge box? Yeah, we now go by how much space that takes up, which makes your quote entirely irrelevant. $105 (a difference of $60 from the initial quote) had me wondering what went wrong.

Firstly they don't condense orders (this is also important), however they do repack them for a $5 fee. These are different services (which I now realise as the fact they don't condense was buried into the text afterwards). Repack is more than likely to cut the packaging down so it's not as large. But ironically for the items I ordered it was paying $5 to save $5... so really, what's the point? None, there is not a one. So that was really frustrating as I was just paying the extra $5-10 per item. Only one came back accurately, hurray.

Things that went right? All 4 packages I ordered through Amazon arrived 2 days before their expected dates. ShopMate updated 24-48 hours after their arrival and sent me an email to say they'd arrived. When I went to declare the items and prepare them for shipping, that was easy, although where all of my troubles started. The lady who I emailed about the condensing and shipping charges, while lovely, was bound by an "I can't do anything" code and simply pointed me at the website and the horrible shipping calculator.

Not a discount code was offered. Not a "one off" solution was offered. Simply a point at the website and a timer in my account ticking down as to how many days I have left of "Free Storage". Sadly, I've now ended up paying more for the delivery than the items and frankly should probably have just returned them to the sender, but even that costs $5 each. Once they've got your items you really feel like you have no other options, so you just pay up or send the items back at a cost to you. At the end of the day, the service isn't what I thought it was and there are other services I now know of that could have handled this a bit better. Frankly, this has made me cautious of buying from the US in general and definitely disappointed in the items I am receiving due to their now inflated cost. I'm pretty sure one of them could have shipped directly to Australia for cheaper too, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Lesson learned. Extremely disappointed.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing TJE. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance in the future.

Roxy

I'm sorry Roxy, but this sort of reply and the reply I got in my inbox just aren't good customer service. The estimate calculator on your website should be more accurate and on top of that some sor... read more »

Decent option for US shipping but expensive

3 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 10, 2017

Recently purchased a pair of headphones from Amazon and the item shipped by amazon was properly box packed with a total weight of 1.2 kgs. Yet shopmate billed me for 2.2 kgs which ended up costing me 47$. Coughed up the amount as I wanted the item but my suggestion is for shopmate to be more successful it needs to reduce its pricing. For my next US shipping I will look at other options first.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Saifee,

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We definitely recommend checking out the FAQs which also have pricing estimations: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Brisbane

A disappointing experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2017

I waited for the parcel from US for nearly half a month. The parcel was lost due to the delivery man's unauthorized action using "safedrop " that I even did not require to do that, and my address is an apartment and near a busy street where is definitely not suitable for "safedrop" method. The most unbelievable thing is that I did not hear anyone rang my bell when the person sent the parcel to my home. After the person dropped my parcel in the street, surprisingly saw the email from Australian post that my parcel was delivered by "safedrop". Ho wever, I could not find anything when went down stairs. It is very sad when you saw the shopmate website shows that the parcel was delivered but actually I did not get and saw anything. All the process was going smoothly. Unfortunately, just failed in the last but the most important step of delivering the parcel to the customer that making every effort that company putting into this branch gone totally.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jordan, Have you contacted us to raise a delivery dispute for this one? If you have, please let me know the case number so I can take a look at it. If you haven't, please raise a case via our ... read more »

Roxy
I have called Australian post immediately after this happening. They gave me the case number which is 10644924. But still did not hear any update from your guys.

Australia Post Official

Thanks for getting back to me,

Looks like your case has been closed as the items been delivered now - thanks for letting us know.

Tasmania

• 6 answers
Private message

Good but expensive with little option.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2017

Product received only a few days later than honored by AusPost. Unable to choose alternative than Airmail only made delivery very expensive. Aus Post charged 10kg over the actual weight and nothing could be done. No contact on the website. I would be very reluctant to use again, unless I want it delivered quickly. That, they can do well...at a cost of course.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Lou, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always recommend checking our FAQs to view pricing estimates (http://auspo.st/1En0OlH). ShopMate does have a contact page on our website t... read more »

Thank you Roxy. Email now sent, I hope for a suitable explanation why Auspost overcharged me big time. :)

Made contact, await a reply now. Fingers crossed. : )

Shopmate Not Good!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 31, 2017

I have had a parcel delivered to Shopmate Oregon Warehouse on 1/3/2017 worth over $500 US Dollars it was signed for by "ELLIS" when I click on the Shopmate tracking link it tells me that the parcel still hasn't been delivered to the Shopmate Warehouse! Can somebody from Australia Post please contact me now! Your Shopmate Customer Service is shocking where is the phone number to call this place?????

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Glen,

I'd be happy to help out, please let me know the details such as the tracking number and case reference number.

ShopMate can be contacted directly via the following methods: http://auspo.st/16oNjpV

Roxy,

My parcel tracking number is 1Z58R8E50309981446 and case number is 10529125. Thanks for your assistance!

Regards

Glen

Thanks Glen,

I've asked for our ShopMate team to reach out and discuss this with you :)

3 of 23 pages