Filter By:

• 4 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Shockingly Efficient

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2018

I was prepared to be disappointed due to the many negative reviews of Shopmate here but my first experience was good. The shipping was fee was around the fee estimated by the postage calculator, and the parcel's progress was on time almost all throughout. There was a bit of a delay once it reached Chullora though, but the parcel arrived four days after it was processed there so not too bad. Parcel status was emailed to me all throughout.

Needless to say, I will be using this service again in the future. Good job!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Britney, so glad to hear this!

Roxy

No worries, Roxy. Just giving credit where credit is due!

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

USA warehouse pathetic. Australian delivery outstanding.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2018

I ordered a phone from the USA and it was delivered by FED Ex to the Shopmate USA warehouse promptly. I knew the package had been delivered but nothing came up on my Shopmate account. After two days I had to enter the tracking number on Shopmate's website to have the package seen on their system. For 7 days the package was termed as being 'on hold' for further inspection. No communication. Nothing. I had to raise an email inquiry with Shopmate as to what was happening. Only then was the package available to be paid for. Then for another six days there was nothing on Shopmate to indicate that the parcel had been scanned leaving the warehouse or anything other than the word 'pending'. Damn frustrating and annoying!
However, suddenly I received an update to say that my parcel had arrived at Sydney airport, followed by numerous notifications up till delivery.
The USA side of Shopmate's operation was diabolical but the Australian side was brilliant. Would I use Shopmate again? No. Despite the wonderful service once the package arrived in Australia, the frustration and concern that was caused by the USA operations were too much of a negative. I will go back to using ReShip.

Comments
Australia Post Official

I appreciate you sharing your experience with us here Eddie, and I'm glad at least one leg of your phone's journey was smooth. In future if you do ever need assistance with a ShopMate enquiry, I d... read more »

worst ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2018

VERY VERY EXPENSIVE.
They charge 3 times much than other shipping company.
Do not waste your money for late delivery.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. We always recommend customers read our FAQs and check our postage price calculator (http://auspo.st/1En0OlH) before they purchase, to make su... read more »

• 1 question
  • 8 helpful votes

Rip off.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2018

I have used shopmate twice in the past month and both times the AUD shipping cost has been almost exactly what the value of the item was in the first place.

For example, the last item I purchased was a pair of trousers off Amazon.com. These aren't available in Australia or I'd buy them from an Aussie seller or bricks and mortar shop. Value of the item? US$33 Cost of shipping the item from shopmate's US warehouse to my front door? AUD$42.75, which at today's AUD-USD exchange rate is... wait for it... US$32.57. Dodgy.

So all their little calculations on size and weight of the parcel are bogus. For low value items such as these trousers, we don't even have the option of entering in estimated dimensions/weights/etc. they are simply charging you what you paid for the item as their postage cost to ship it two Australia. This means that we, the lucky Australians, get to pay double, thus our US$33/AUD$43.31 purchase becomes an AUD$86.06 purchase once it's landed.

There's no such thing as a coincidence - I thought it was odd the first time I was charged the same for postage as I paid for the item, but now it's become a clear pattern of gouging.

Don't use them.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, We definitely don't just double the value of your item and make that your postage price. We have a couple of calculators on our website which will give you an idea of what to expect base... read more »

Yep. Uh-huh. Right. OK. Experience has proven that the charges for the items I sent through your "service" were simply calculated to be the same as the stated value of said items. Like I said... ... read more »

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

They'll do anything to take your money!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I've had problems with-
1. Importing liquids: I was asked to provide chem safe paper work. I did that. Then they refused to send it anyway.
2. Consolidating packages: Can't be bothered sharing this extremely long winded story, however I was overcharged and through many emails I was refunded. Still felt ripped off at the end of the day...
3. Being charged for a 4.8kg when my package is 2kg: There's no repackaging option for this reason (SO THEY CAN RIP YOU OFF!)

Overall I find the whole service tedious and weary. It gives me that feeling when shopping in a third world country, always skeptical of where and how they're trying to get more money out of me.

I can't wait for the new GST to come in because SHOPMATE (yeah mates rates huh... lol) will see its downfall. People will resort to grey market posting through friends/acquaintances. This will mean that SHOPDODGE will crash which means less money in the Aussie economy. And you know what... I can't wait to avoid that tax and shopmate!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience with us Adyn. We always recommend checking out the FAQs which let you know what you can and can't send, as well as what postage prices you can expect: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

The worst and the most dishonest shipping service I have ever used! Will not use again!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2018

I have been using Shopmate several times and I never really paid attention on how the shipping costs are calculated.
Until last week I ordered a pair of boots and their weight is 2 kilos. According to the website, the shipping should cost $42.75. However, they charged me $52.70. I already paid for it and I don't want waste my time on getting my money back because the customer service is useless. My parcel has arrived at the warehouse for two weeks and they did not notify me. I contacted the customer service and they told me they didn't have my suite number on the invoice. I gave them my details and it took them almost a week to find my package. And After I paid for the shipping cost, they demanded I send them the invoice within 2 days otherwise they will charge $55 for administration fee. If I have not checked my email within 2 days, I will be charged more money for already overcharged shipping. It's the long weekend and I am going out on holiday. It totally ruined my mood. I will never use Shopmate EVER!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Maggie,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahead to make sure our product is right for you and doesn't catch you out unaware: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ

~Sami

Did you actually read my comment? I checked the postage calculator and a 2kg parcel should cost $42.75. At least you should explain why you charged me for $52.70 instead of just copy and paste scri... read more »

Judging by what you said, I think it's very clear why I think your customer service is useless.

• 2 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Always more expensive than you think

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 31, 2018

I've use Shopmate twice now and feel that I have been overcharged both times. First package was for clothes and was a consolidated purchase form one merchant. The postal weight was much higher than the merchant's weight (considering dimensions and weight) and was about double what I expected. The second order I was mysteriously charged $38 for a parcel that doesn't exist (I never order anything and yet I was charged for this mysterious parcel and it "disappeared into the system" and was thus never shipped or can be tracked. From what Auspost can fathom it never existed and I am trying to obtain a refund for this transaction which still happened to date. It appears that for the majority of people you are better off using other parcel forwarding services.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi AussieAngelcakes,

If you believe you've been overcharged I strongly suggest getting in touch with the ShopMate team directly on 1300 624 475 so they can go over it with you. They'll be more than happy to help out!

Roxy

Ive already contacted Shopmate twice about the overcharge for the phantom package. It seems I have to be the one chasing for my money back when Shopmate was the one that erred.

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Very poor customer service and incredibly delayed delivery

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

I know you are probably thinking from the heading, that I must have placed an order at peak time or that I ordered something that was bound to get held up at customs. Well think again, I ordered in March, not exactly peak time and it’s a dress, so not something that typically causes an issue at customs. It is over a month late and the only responses I have had from AusPost have been that the dress is being held up at customs. Though customs claims this is fake news. So yeah basically I’m really upset with, not only the really poor service, the dress was due to arrive 11.4.2018 and I’m still waiting, but also the absolutely terrible customer service. AusPost - never again.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there, This definitely seems to be taking a lot longer than it should to arrive. I'd be happy to check this out for you and see if I can find out what's going on, I'll just need a bit more info... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 1 question
  • 15 helpful votes

Sender or Receiver: Sender

Warning: OVERPRICED DISHONEST CONDUCT + Poor customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2018

Shipment dead weight is 3kg but I was charged a volumetric fee for over 6kg so double the price! So I asked for the repackaging additional service but was told after waiting an additional 2 days processing that it was not able to be repackaged. So imagine my surprise when I receive my order which was placed in 3/4 empty box!!! Unfortunately, Australian based customer service was just as pathetic offering me a generic coupon code thats readily available on the WWW. I wish I read the reviews on here, before deciding to change forwarding companies. Stay away, and find a more reputable company to deal.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ih8un, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us here. We don't want our customers to be hit with postage fees they weren't anticipating, and always encourage them to go through our FAQs... read more »

Did you even read my review before posting your copy and paste scripted reply? Perhaps you should do so before pretending you actually care about customers feedback

• 14 helpful votes

NOT CHEAP!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2018

Even with my 20% discount for 1st time Shopmate, my 900gm pair of heels is STILL going to cost me $38.16. If I didn't have this discount it would be $47.80. You would think Aust Post would be happy for the business, and in some way make is more affordable. All of my Int'l shopping sites that do ship to Aust charge WAY less. I will never shop on a Int'l site that doesn't ship to Aust anymore, as I will not be using Shopmate again. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Roscoerex, I appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I always recommend customers check out the ShopMate FAQs before they go ahead with their purchase so they can be aware of the shippi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 helpful vote

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

There are size restrictions on parcels!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2018

I get that I can not expect to ship a fridge or washing machine but a print really! Signed up, placed my order on Amazon, came back to the site to check postage cost and low and behold restrictions exist on sizes. Went about cancelling my order on Amazon. Reading other reviews this is a reoccurring issue. Might I suggest that someone please do some user testing on this service, so others don't continue to make the same mistake!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Richard, There are indeed size restrictions on what you can order. They're all listed in our Shipping Restrictions page though (http://auspo.st/119MVte) and I always recommend checking these ou... read more »

Lol, pity when someone signs up you don't send them to a page that provides all this information instead of first providing the address to send parcel too. You clearly have the priorities around the wrong way on sign up.

Great Service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

I was quite concerned at the shop mate reviews on this website, although i was in process of already ordering items to my US address. Yes it may be abit on the expensive side depending on what you are purchasing (Weigh up your options before using the Shopmate serivce for other alternatives if you can't afford to spend a few extra dollars on a shipping rate...) although it was a upfront and straight forward process without any issues. I had three pairs of shoes delivered without a problem perfect condition and double boxed, which arrived express in 3 Days.

Please don't let the negative reviews deter you from purchasing via Shopmate as they are always improving.

I'm very satisfied and a happy buyer through Shopmate.

Keep up the good work!
Ro!
@ROH__

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us Ro! Glad to hear it :)

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

The worst experience - held to ransom

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Before shopping I read terms and conditions and viewed the information available on what could be sent.
Terms and conditions do not stipulate the size requirements, theses are 'hidden' on the separate information page and can only be accessed by scrolling down the screen (ShopMate is more interested in telling customers they cant ship guns & explosives than letting us know the size limits of packages).
Upon arrival at Shipping station, the package was held up for being 'oversize' (it was a tin stick 50cm too long which was the offending item) My options were 1. destroy the package (valued at $900), 2. return the package to where it came from (at my cost) or forward the package to another USA address (at my cost).
After 2 weeks of trying to communicate with Shopmate, I have been charged $114 to forward the package.
Shopmate has held up the shipping of this item by 2 weeks (so far) and cost $114 with no added value.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Will, I'm so sorry you missed this information! It's definitely on the website under our Calculating Shipping page, our Shipping Restrictions page and the What You Can and Can't send page. I'll... read more »

Overpriced

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

Ordered a supplement which is cheaper overseas and also on sale in Australia. Unfortunately this service won't ship supplements which is beyond stupid. Then charges more than the value of the package to redirect it to another US address. Stay away from this useless "service".

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ThievingSix, I apologise if this caught you out unaware. We always suggest checking out our FAQs on the ShopMate website before making your purchase to check that you're able to use ShopMate to... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Very very happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2018

First time user and very pleased with the whole process. Arrived within the 5-8 business days window. Received an email every step of the way when there was an update. If you read the shipping costs carefully prior to ordering then there will be no surprises. They are outlined very clearly on the website. The only minor thing to point out is that I was expecting my item to be trackable when it reached Australia but it never showed up in "my deliveries". Will definitely use this service again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Pat, Thanks for sharing this :) Regarding the tracking of your parcel ones it comes to Australia you can track the parcel through your ShopMate account. If you prefer to use MyPost Deliveries i... read more »

Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Speedy delivery, item in perfect condition

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2018

The estimator gave me an accurate idea of how much my shipping would cost. My parcel arrived earlier than expected, which was a treat! I ordered a chromebook/laptop and it was in fine condition - I'm using it right now. I think this service works perfectly well if you do a bit of research beforehand to determine whether the shipping cost is worth the value or quantity of what you're buying & if it's an eligible item in the first place. I have no complaints, thank you for your service!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks so much for sharing Fiona, glad to hear it :)

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

Would give it no stars if I could

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

I have used this service three times, the first time the service was acceptable but not amazing. I was charged $32.85 for a pair of children's shoes, the second time was a disaster with only one of the three items I ordered arriving. When I checked the shipping restrictions it turns out that one of the items I ordered could probably not be legally shipped (a chalk paint additive) which was my fault but the other item should have been shipped but was never received and I was charged over $50 for the only item in the order that was sent. The third item is the worst by far. I have ordered a pair of riding chaps, they are lightweight mesh and about the length of a pair of football socks. Shopmate have invoiced me for over $82 for this item. The service is appalling and I can't believe that our national postal carrier can perform so badly and be so expensive I am warning everybody I know not to use them. Worst service experience ever.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mara,

If you feel you've been charged incorrectly or something doesn't quite seem right with your invoice then I highly recommend giving our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll be able to help you out.

Melbourne

• 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Sender

Overpriced scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2018

I only used this as I closed my old MyUs account some time ago and thought I’d be able to ship item to my Parcel Locker (also operated by Aus Post) Wrong.
The cost is astoundingly expensive compared to my US plus they over charged me and added weight which didn’t exist to the package. I know this as I sent the item myself by UPS from the merchant to Shopmate and they recorded a weight of 5.5Lb (2.49kgs).
On my invoice with shopmate, this increase to 5.9kgs!!!! It was the same box that the item arrived in, just relabeled.
If I need to ship from the US again, I’ll just sign back up the MyUS, I get door to door delivery within 3-4 days of shipment request at a lower price and not get scammed in the process.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sally,

If you believe you might have been charged incorrectly I highly recommend giving the ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475. They'll be able to discuss this with you, as well as sort out any issues with the invoice.

Verified Customer Sender or Receiver: Receiver

ShopLate not ShopMate, they are not a mate!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2018

I will be factual with this review:

23/02 - ordered ultra lightweight hiking gear
26/02 - Delivered to ShopLate
06/03 - Paid higher than the calculated ShopLate fees
06/03 - ShopLate estimated delivery 12-16 march
13/03 - stuck at customs - requested info
16/03 - provided info
18/03 - informed "These details should suffice for customs, if there are any issues we will contact you."
23/03 - Not receiving my item. Requested an update - did not receive any. (case was closed without my knowledge)
At this stage if I did not followup, I would have never received my item at all.

27/03 - I contacted ShopLate and start new enquiry for an update of my item that should have been resolved on the first enquiry.
27/03 - ShopLate requested for more info.
27/03 - provided info and requested the parcel to be delivered ASAP.
30/03 - ShopLate informed info was inadequate. (3 weeks after asking for it!! WTH )
05/04 - Provided info and told them that the information they are asking for Customs is actually inside with the parcel. Customs would have got this info!! Which my conspiracy mind start to wonder if it is actually with Customs at all!!
13/04 - still no parcel. (over 6 weeks)

ShopLate, great service!!
I will start ordering stuff for Christmas now....

• 12 helpful votes

Much better services around

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

Used this service as it was backed by australia post so I figured it might be better then my current one (stackry) ordered 5 separate items from Amazon, they arrived in the locker ok, but then "combined" the postage was 200 Aus! Was charged 22.95 per item and then 4.95 for weight charge (most were 500g) There was a "bundling discount" of $7.50 but that in no way made up for the other charges..... the whole point of these systems is to save money not pay twice as much!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing your experience Michael. We always recommend checking out our FAQs and our postage calculator before you go ahead to make sure our product is right for you and doesn't catch you out unaware: http://auspo.st/2rSVycZ

Roxy

That presumes you know the exact size of each parcel which you don't until it's in your locker, mine could easily have been consolidated into one package instead of 5. Instead you give me a tiny 'd... read more »

3 of 30 pages

Hi just wondering if you could check the progress of 1Z6R553W0394246412? Was delivered to the warehouse almost a week ago. Kind regards

Kirra2 asked on Jun 23, 2018

Hi Kirra,

Looks like our ShopMate team has been able to sort this out for you :)

Roxy

1.5/5 from 557 reviews? That's terrible! Lucky I checked here before using the Shopmate service.How can a government owned business provide such a poor and deceptive service? I tried to make sense of the 'additional charges' on the Shopmate website and it was just a confusing minefield. This would explain the hundreds of complaints about overcharging on this review site. Australia Post, BE HONEST and TRANSPARENT about your charges? And how, just how, can I calculate my ACTUAL costs to use your service beyond the basic calculator you have listed on your site (which again, is deceptive as it doesn't calculate true cost of shipping goods)?

Rohloffp asked on Jun 12, 2018

Hi Rohloffp,

I appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Our FAQs and pricing calculators are pretty transparent on what you can and can't send and what the expected costs will be, but if you're ever unsure, you can always give our ShopMate team a call directly on 1300 624 475 or you can email them directly on shopmate@auspost.com.au. They'd be happy to help clarify anything for you.

Roxy

ShopMate and AusPost are an agent for a mob in the US.

Basically a powerless middle man stuck in between you and a useless service provider.

It's not entirely AusPost's fault, but I'd be quickly tidying up my contract and moving to a different supplier if I were them.

Shipped a mobile phone to the Oregon warehouse a week ago, but never got a notification from ShopMate that it arrived - I had to chase it myself. It's now been 'on hold' for 4 days, again with no communication from anyone... Why is my parcel on hold and why have I not been emailed or asked any questions? I would assume it's on hold because you need more info, like an invoice, but since you haven't asked me for any info, I can only assume I'm being stuffed around... If I was shipping live animals or other contraband, I could understand a package being on hold for days, but a simple mobile phone???

Simo asked on Jun 05, 2018

Hi Simo,

I definitely suggest giving the ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday so they can have a look at your account and see what's going on.

See all 97 questions about Australia Post Shopmate