• 1 comment

Positive experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2017

Just had a vey good experience with shopmate customer service as soon as I sent an email they were on the phone to me sorting out my problem
All resolved with a discount for shipping even when it was the retailers fault.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Glad to hear that was all sorted out Robert, thanks for sharing!

Roxy

Just had the worst customer experience with Shopmate

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 16, 2017

I have actually used this service several times before and had no issues. But this time it was so bad that I will never use them again (though I was expecting as some point this would happen based on all the bad reviews). FOR ALL those people who say they are not sure why people are complaining about this service - I used to be you once. You may never experience this coz you're lucky or your goods are not dangerous. But the minute it goes wrong, they will NOT give you the service to fix the problem (that is my main issue).

Firstly it's very expensive and is only worth it for bulk/larger items. They don't offer consolidated packaging. Also it does take ages to actually register a product when it arrives (allow another 2-3 business days at least!). I was ok with this because I found it reliable and too lazy to look around.

But this last time - was the strangest experience I have ever had. I paid for 4 packages to be sent back home - only three package made it 2.5 weeks later (although they advertise 5 to 8 working days?) - that's when I realised my fourth package wasn't coming. When I called they told me there were dangerous goods (but never contacted me in the two weeks since I had paid to deliver). I straight away sent invoice and followed up next day - confirmed to discard and send asap (I was also on a two week time limit before I left again). When I still hadn't received a confirmation 72 hours later I called and found out US hadn't given reply. Later that day contacted me that there was another dangerous good. So I told them to discard straight away and demanded refund (which they agreed). Only sent the box the next Tuesday US time (I had confirmed on a Friday day) and money order for refund a week later - so neither arrived before I left (will not be back for another 6 months)..... I had told them I was on a time limit - they all were very acknowledging of it but did nothing to actually help make it go faster.

Am on the hunt for a better services and there seems to be heaps of options out there that are similar price (and maybe cheaper) and offer consolidated packaging. https://www.choice.com.au/shopping/online-shopping/buying-online/articles/shopmate-and-us-freight-forwarding-services

I will never be using shopmate again.. my main concern was not that a mistake occurred but that it seemed ok for them not to handle it or have any obligation to take responsibility. I had to do all the following up and pushing (and that didn't even work!). That's not ok when you are paying as much as you do...

Comments
Australia Post Official

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience Tam. If you'd like to share your case number with me I can definitely take a look at this.

Roxy

Mostly a reasonable experience, this last time not so

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 14, 2017

USPS tracking shows my parcel arrived Oregon on 9 June.
Parcel doesn't show in your system until today 14 Jun
Website not working with Chrone, Firefox or Safari:
Unable to Declare my package's value, hence get it despatched. Case No. is 12018742

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Deemac, Looking over your case it looks like this issue has been resolved. If you still need assistance, you can give ShopMate a call directly on on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday –... read more »

No Complaints

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 10, 2017

Received three packages from the US via Shopmate. Hiccup with one but sorted in a couple of days after I phoned the help desk. Person I dealt with was good.

The only thing I would ask them to do is copy the NZ Youshop screens. Looks like the same freight handling company in the US does AUS and NZ. NZ screen is more user friendly.

Other than that I am struggling to find anything wrong. Will be using Shopmate again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Jack!

Roxy

Not sure why people complaining?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2017

Great service. I have used shopmate around a dozen times so far and perfect every time. It is the easiest and best way to use the US ebay site and shop direct from US online retailers. Well done shopmate

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Tim!

Melbourne

Verified Customer

Misleading service, a total scam.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

The retail outlet in the US (Cabelas) shipped my order to the Shopmate address in 4 separate shipments, as the items i ordered came from different stores across the country. When they arrived at the warehouse i was then informed i had to pay the shipping to Australia on all 4 shipments. They refused to repackage the items together and has now cost me more than what it would have to ship from the retail outlet. Totally misleading and an utter scam. Customer service is appaling and they have no intentions whatsoever in resolving this with me. All they want is their money. If i request the items be discarded (thrown in the bin) they still want to charge me $5 per item to do this. Australia Post you are an utter disgrace. Absolute first and last time i use this service. Would not recommend to anyone!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't what you expected Kris. It is true that we aren't able to pack all items into one parcel. We do always recommend customers read through our FAQs before going a... read more »

Sydney

• 1 comment
  • 2 helpful votes

Worst experience ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 29, 2017

DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Absolutely the worst experience I've had with customer service ever. My package was delivered by USPS on a Monday morning and confirmed for delivery via tracking number for the Shopmate freight forwarding service. It didn't show up in the "Your Shopping" area within 48 hours so I emailed once aftee this time. I was told it would be up to 2-4 business days and to wait the extra two days. Where did this 4 days come from? Your own website says "within 48 hours". Fine - I waited the suggested 4 days and it still hasn't shown up. My next email was completely ignored. One week had passed and I called on a Monday morning and requested information from Australia post but they did not give me any definite answers as they said they were not trained in Shopmate and had to call me back. It has been 1 week and I have no idea where my package is. I also don't know how to get compensation for such an expensive item when it is clearly the freight services fault but I need to go through Australia post Shopmate who are completely incompetent and won't even lodge an enquiry until more than double the time. I needed the package 4 days ago. Is the service going to be free since you've inconvenienced me so much? I asked for compensation but there is no guarantee once again. I also cannot call Shopmate as they have no number listed and I have a full time job and cannot afford the time to deal with this issue. I just need compensation for my time wasted and for it to work and be resolved immediately, yet nobody will give me an answer about anything as they are either not trained or uncontactable through other means and won't reply to emails. I am about to lodge and enquiry with the office of fair trading and I suggest you bombard the OFT with complaints if you do not receive your package immediately. There is no point waiting for this service to care about their customers and they clearly do nybor they would have contacted me directly offering renumeration and further help but nobody has done so after multiple requests.

DO NOT USE THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ggqq, It's disappointing to hear about your experience with ShopMate and I can appreciate why you'd be frustrated. Have you got a case number that I can take a look at? ShopMate does have a nu... read more »

I have multiple: When I emailed the first two times: 11651626 When I called: 11718495 I don't have time to deal with this anymore. If you are not offering a hasty resolution and further ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent as always!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2017

Have now completed a number of transactions with Shopmate and not had any issues. The concept is great and I hope AP continue this service as all of the items I've shipped have not been available in Australia and in all cases the vendor refused to ship, even using my DHL or FedEx accounts. I've not reviewed before but in order to bring some balance, I'd like people to know there are very happy Shopmate customers out there too!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for sharing Mikey! :D

Private message

Can't process any of my cards

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 22, 2017

I have tried over the last several days to log in and process my payment. The parcel is waiting at the warehouse in America and Shopmate's website doesn't work! How am I meant to get my stuff? I have tried Australian credit cards (I have 2), Australian debit mastercards, American credit cards (I have 3!) and none of them work in your stupid system. This is ridiculous. I emailed you with zero response. Now I have to call during business hours when I'm working to sort your junk out. You're holding my stuff hostage. Not happy Shopmate.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JJJ,

Apologies for the delayed reply, have you been able to resolve this? If you need further assistance, I recommend contacting ShopMate directly on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Roxy

Thank you yes I did apparently your payment portal has a glitch with IOS applications so I did it again through Google Chrome and it went through.
Cheers

Ok so next shipment: Same s*** different shovel! I tried this time through Chrome right off the bat and it won't accept my card. What is going on?!! I am so tired of this.

Packages always get opened by US warehouse

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 19, 2017

It says on the website that from the US it'll be 5-8 days to get to Australia. I find that it is closer to 8 days than 5. My real concern is that they open all my packages and then tape them up again. I don't understand why that is necessary. I think on their website it says that if the box is big and it seems like there is only a small thing inside, they may re-package for a few and without consultation (which also doesn't sit right with me). Bu they have opened my bagged parcels that are stuffed full. I feel like my privacy has been violated and I really don't like it at all.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Ruspo,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. If you'd like to discuss the matter further I recommend calling ShopMate directly on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Worst Company Ever

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Tracking system does not provide any helpful information at all!It takes 15days to clear the customs and 10days for it to be delivered in Australia. Slow and Stupid What a joke!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed reply. If you still need assistance with this one please let me know what the tracking number is.

Mllthorpe

Private message

Lazy, expensive, yes and stupid too.

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 12, 2017

Tracking information! "Your parcel is on its way." "Your parcel is at an Australiapost facility" That's not tracking information. It's fluff! And it's utterly useless to anyone who wants to know why their parcel hasn't arrived after weeks of transit. Then there's the cost. Is twenty seven dollars okay? ... to ship a parcel, envelope size, weighing three grams, from Australiapost's dispatch centre in Portland to NSW. Or is it a scam masquerading as a public service?

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Christy, Our tracking information shows updates from key points within the delivery process but regrettably isn't backed by a live GPS service, so there is usually only a few updates available.... read more »

American Address have now been listed on many sites as an item being shipped to Australia

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2017

Amazon and other places now know about the Oregon Warehouse and reject order as it knows it is coming to Australia.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this.

Canberra

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

Could not even set up a account

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 05, 2017

Tried to set up a acct fail, 3 hours of telephone calls roundabouts and waiting. Still waiting for the problem to be fixed painfully slow and unnecessary

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Sorry to hear this Alby. Were you given a case number that I could take a look at please?

Exactly as described

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2017

Ordered a phone from an online store which only delivered to the US. Aus post notified me when they received it, and allowing for a couple days delay due to some storms in the US, it was delivered to me in Aus very promptly!
Well worth the money.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Matt,

Thanks for sharing your experience :)

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Ordered some wine they destroyed it and could not provide proof of destruction

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2017

I ordered some wine and was not aware it is on their prohibited items list, and rather than letting me know or providing an alternative option for delivery they (Apparently) destroyed it. More likely someone in the U.S. is sitting back at home enjoying the $200.00 worth of wine I purchased.
They did not even have the courtesy to advise me it was being destroyed and when questioned could not provide me with proof of destruction.
Complaint made to the Ombudsman.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Angry1,

Thank you for sharing your experience, I apologise this one didn't work out how you anticipated.
If approached by the Ombudsman, we will work with them as required to resolve this one.

SYDNEY

• 5 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Absolute Joke! Can't even set up an account properly, I would never trust them to deliver

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 01, 2017

I set up a ShopMate account three days. Activated it immediately. Went to order an item today, then found out my account had been cancelled as, they said, I hadn't activated it yet. Called up Australia Post. Nobody, even them, can call ShopMate, so Anita sent an email and advised me that I should hear from them shortly. Two hours later I spoke with Supervisor Rhys. He checked, told me that after my earlier call the wrong information had been forwarded to the wrong department and that it could take one or two BUSINESS DAYS for ShopMate to get around to my case. As I said, no way of contacting them by phone is available, either to me or even to other Australia Post employees.

In summary, ShopMate randomly cancelled my account, nobody within Australia Post can help, and it is likely to take one or two business days for them to fix up their own mistake.

If this is how competent - or otherwise - they are even before I've used their services, I may well have had a very lucky escape!!

PLEASE CONSIDER CAREFULLY IF THIS PRODUCT IS RIGHT FOR YOU.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi JD - Sydney,

This doesn't sound right at all. Were you given a case number I could take a look at?

For future reference, ShopMate can be contacted by phone on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday.

Roxy

I have given a factual account of what happened and what I was told. I have not exaggerated. I was not given a case number, perhaps because I told Rhys I had no confidence in ShopMate's ability t... read more »

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

lost package, no contact etc

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 28, 2017

ordered 2 packages within a few days of each other from the same company. one package arrived today, the other has status of not being recieved yet the company i purchased from sent me a confirmation email stating it was delivered. ive read the other reviews on here and now im realising im not the only consumer with concerns. stupidly i have ordered another item today, to be delivered by shopmate. now im thinking my second parcel has gone missing, never to be found, and wondering if i will ever recieve the item i ordered today. i chose shipmate thinking austpost would be a secure and legitt service to use. im yet to know if ive made the right choice. so much stuffing around with enquiries with absolutely no response from shopmate regarding my item. the company i purchased from now says they wont use a frieght service to post me my goods in the future. very very angry and frustrated.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi kelly,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. If you're still having trouble with this one, please give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475.

• 28 helpful votes
Private message

Goods were delivered to Shop mate - and went into a black hole.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

- Shopmate lost track of an entire shipment (due 17-20th April)
- Shopmate do not investigate lost shipments until customers lodge enquiries - even though an entire shipment had dropped off the radar for 10 days
- Whilst my goods were insured - refunds are paid in MONEY ORDER - not a refund on your card
- Repeated requests for management to call went unanswered

Costs to ship from US are actually greater than courier costs from US (with priority shipping courier)

Expensive
Poor customer service
Lack of process
Management non-existent

• 4 comments
  • 4 helpful votes

Lost my shipment

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 27, 2017

Shopmate has lost my parcel containing goods worth $600, and they have no idea where it is.

Shopmate is about the worst delivery service in the world. I've never had such a bad experience as the one I've had with Shopmate. My advice if you're looking for a company to deliver a product from the USA, steer clear of Shopmate and find another supplier.

The parcel I had shipped with Shopmate has never arrived, and Shopmate has no idea where it is. I had my order from Amazon arrive at their Oregon office early April 2017 and Shopmate informed me it would be delivered 17-20 April 2017. I payed to get it shipped, and the last Shopmate and AusPost know where it is somewhere in Canada! No one knows what it's doing in Canada. They have no idea if someone on their team stole it. And although Shopmate has lost my parcel, they have no intention of paying for my lost package even though it was in their hands and they were accountable for it.

If you are looking for a company to ship your US orders to Australia, Shopmate must just about be the worst - suggest you find someone else.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sailing Tranquilo,

This isn't good to hear. Did you have a case number with us that I can take a look at please?

Roxy, the tracking number is 00093493040001415050