Lost parcel for 9 weeks- magically 'found' only after I got in touch

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2017

I ordered some books back in June. Not having heard anything for over two months, I contacted the seller, who provided me with the tracking number and confirmation that my parcel had been delivered in June. I contacted ShopMate- and lo and behold, my parcel 'turned up' the next day! Had I not taken action who knows what would have happened to my stuff. It goes without saying that there was no suggestion of a reduction as compensation for the stuff up in the extremely steep price ShopMate charge for shipping to Australia. They take 9 weeks to find and ship your stuff? Just live with it.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Jimbo, While it's not good to hear your parcel was unaccounted for, and for such a long time, I am glad to hear we were able to locate it for you when you contacted us - we're here to help! Ne... read more »

• 2 comments
  • 12 helpful votes

Totally incompetent-can't Checkout And Pay And A Total Ripoff

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

Says cookies enabled or disabled, one of the two... So I can't checkout and pay. In my 15 years of doing online business not once have I been asked to have the skills of a computer programmer to modify my macbook, now I have to wait till someone tells me how I can pay-oh, and $37 for a package under 2kgs 15 x 15x 10cm -is extortion. Cheaper to go elsewhere.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Melea, I'm sorry that you have had trouble completing your transaction. Changing the settings of your cookies really isn't that hard and doesn't require you to modify your whole Macbook, just t... read more »

Launceston

Verified Customer

Arrived safely!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

I ordered a new phone that hadn't been released in Australia, so had to ship it via the US. I read Shopmate reviews and was wary, but went ahead due to it being affiliated with Australia Post.

I started to become concerned after my phone had been marked us delivered for over 48 hours, but the item had not been uploaded to my Shopmate account. I sent an email through, and it turns out the original sender had missed our suite number, so, not Shopmates fault. My parcel was quickly assigned to me once I'd sent the email, and was available to make payment within 24 hours. My parcel arrived to me within 7 days of making the payment.

I did feel the shipping was a little slow, but it was in their timeframes. The cost was on the expensive side, but I was aware of the shipping costs before placing the order. Overall I am satisfied with my experience, but hope to not have to use mail forwarding regularly!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Zet,

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience using the service.

melbourne

Rip Off..rates...go Elsewhere!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2017

Rip off.. Rates really over the top. Shop elsewhere...Everything was priced separately. Why not "Bundle" everything. Six items...219 aud wth. Everyone Complain to the ombudsman. No wonder Australia Post in the trash..I wouldn't be surprised if Australia post was in kahoots with those massive multinationals that won't post to Australia because they have distributors here who pay huge amounts of money to monopolize & inflate & dictate... Subdugate the irate peasants while they sit in their ivory towers...Etc etc. Ps Also they "Lost" 300 aud package to USA & gave me 50 lol.. Which this compensation amount hasn't changed since.
1987...

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Fly,

That certainly is a lot of postage to pay though there is a bundling service as is noted on the ShopMate website here http://auspo.st/2xzVH4i

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the costs of the service.

Alice

what a feeble attempt at "customer service"...obviously you dont care...aka auspost dont give a rats...ceo getting 11million...while have a look at comments on this site...one star feedback...plus ... read more »

DO NOT USE THEM

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

This service did not work for me.
They changed their policies for pet products.
It was never listed as a prohibited item. Then few days after dealing with them, they put it on their website. Such a scam. If i had known that prior, i would not have used this service.
i then had to pay $40 for them to ship it next door to another forwarding company. ridiculous.
They never gave any discounts for the inconvenience they caused me.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Shil, This must've been really frustrating for you, however I'm sure that the timing of the addition was purely coincidental and not because you had purchased pet products, as changes like that... read more »

This service is a rip off. Shipping rates are insane. I'll not use them again.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2017

This service is a rip off, more expensive than shipping from Amazon directly even with their pitiful bundling discount. I'll not use them again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Seth,

I'm sorry that you weren't happy with the costs, however this service isn't intended to be a cheaper postage alternative, it's intended to be a way to buy things from companies that don't deliver to Australia at all.

Perth

$37 shipping?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

You're seriously going to charge me $37 dollars for a hat? That's ridiculous, absolute scam and rip off, do not recommend in the slightest to anyone, highly recommend another service if you can, I know have to pay this scam. Charge me $14 for something that weighs 0.5kg? That's absurd, I'll never use this service again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi HP, I'm sorry that you aren't happy with the shipping costs associated with this service. Postage is calculated using the cubic volume of the parcel rather than the weight of it, as larger parc... read more »

It doesn't, my package is .5kg why am I getting charged at 1.2kg? That's ridiculous. Any way I can get it out of your warehouse and posted with another carrier?

Australia Post Official

Hi HP, Even though the hat is light, it's obviously in a large box and it's the dimensions of the box that pushed the cubic weight equivalent up so high. You can find out all about the postage r... read more »

Really good service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2017

Joined Shopmate even after reading some bad reviews, just received first parcel.
So my experience with them so far is low but perfect so far!
Thanks to Emma from Australia Post for answering my questions and being so helpful

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Glen,

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions. I hope that any and all future purchases go as perfectly as this one.

No issues at all!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

I just wanted to jump on quickly to post a positive review. I decided to use this service to ship over some shoes which were sold out here in Aus. AFTER I ordered my shoes, I had a look on here at the reviews and was horrified that I may had made a huge mistake, which wasn't the case at all.
I had a great experience, my shoes got delivered today when I had ordered them from the retailer about 10 days ago. This service kept to its timeframes and kept me updated via email the entire time. The cost was as it had estimated on their site and I'm a very happy customer! I probably wouldn't use this for bulky items or heavier items, but I would definitely use it for something like shoes again. Hope this helps anyone's considering using this service.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Thanks for taking the time to share your positive experience Emma, posting these gives potential customers a clearer idea of what to expect and might help them discover (as you did) that the experience may well exceed their expectations!

South Australia

Verified Customer

Love this company.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 23, 2017

Shopmate by Australia post has to be one of the most better places i have shopped with,

I love shopping and even better when i can shop in the USA and use a company like this.

So i have done a total of 6 orders so far since october last year mostly yankee candles but a few from different places as well. Each time my order has hit the warehouse it has been shipped fast to me in Australia with in the time frame they tell you. Each time i have estimated the posatgae and it has been spot on. They don't mark up postage and are the cheapest by far, Items arrive to me in excellent condition.

I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to shop in the USA but the company don't ship to us in Australia. Can't wait for the black friday sales this year and get some good bargains. The only think i miss out on is company's who don't accept paypal but that is not shopmates fault.

i only hope that one day they may be able to look at getting shopmate into the UK so we can buy from UK as well.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cupcakes4u, Thanks for taking the time to provide such glowing feedback about our service! I'm glad you've had such a positive and consistent experience getting your Yankee Candles. I love cand... read more »

Private message

Item declared "undeliverable" despite delivery not attempted.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Package reaches Sydney to be delivered to my work address where I regularly have parcels sent, on the delivery date supplied only to find that the item is marked "return to sender" despite delivery not being attempted. I know for a fact it is deliverable because my organisation RUNS THE MAILROOM at this address. 2 phone conversations and 2 emails to Auspost and am yet to be contacted by any representative of shopmate. All I want is the items that I have paid for. DO NOT USE SHOPMATE, hands down worst service I have ever encountered. So now I guess I will just spend all this time spent waiting for a response writing negative reviews until I receive my items.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Disgruntled, I would be disgruntled too if this had been my parcel. I'm glad that you've called us and logged cases. If you could let me know your case number I'd be more than happy to see what... read more »

Brisbane

Private message

Awful. Order sat for a month, no response, wouldn't ship battery bank even though it was eligible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 20, 2017

I checked that Shopmate could forward my battery banks. When Shopmate got them they said no, battery banks are battery cells, even though they actually cells inside the equipment they are designed for, Not to worry, I found an alternative shipper, and sent Shopmate an email as requested with the information. A month later I find that they didn't bother processing the forwarding. After paying an outrageous fee to have them sent to another forwarder within the USA they are gone - I'm now free of Shopmate, never to return.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Scott, This is really concerning to hear and I'm so sorry about your experience with our ShopMate service. I'd really like to take a look into this and see if I can find out what happened, as... read more »

Case 12236328 I appreciate your concern. I would advise you jump the sinking ship you are on. I can't fathom how Shopmate as a business is still operating with such terrible performance and resu... read more »

Australia Post Official

Hi Scott, I've had a read through your case and can see that while there was a delay in the actioning of the forwarding, the parcels have now all been forwarded and an email was sent to you on 17 ... read more »

Awful Customer Service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2017

I have previously purchased coffee pods from America and had them shipped using ShopMate without issue. Today I log in to my account to see my latest purchase only to find out that it has been rejected as it contains prohibited goods. Coffee? Prohibited?
Turns out they have this teeny tiny announcement at the top of their website that says their policy changed.
Now considering this is a service I have used previously and is not something I need to log in and notify of a parcel arriving how would I know this ahead of time? Did I get an email advising of changes? NO! Did I receive any form of communication from them that this would be changing? NO!
So now I have a parcel sitting there that they refuse to deliver, despite the fact that the Australian government website that they direct you to says coffee is not a prohibited item.
The customer service representative I spoke to was unhelpful to say the least and to top it all of they expect ME to pay to send it to a service that can send it to me.
I will be closing my account and will NEVER use this service again. I'll also be telling as many people as I can to not use this service (can you even call it a service if they do nothing?)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Lisa, What bad timing with the new changes and your order coming in, I'm so sorry this has happened! I agree it would have been much more ideal if an email had been sent to registered users an... read more »

Rosewater, South Australia

• 18 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Happy with my items!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2017

Ordered cloth nappies through Nicki's Diapers and found Shop Mate as and alternative to paying $120+ just for shipping. I was notified promptly when my parcel arrived at their warehouse and paid $31 shipping to get my items shipped to Australia. They arrived a week later & I'm very happy with the customer service i recieved using Shop Mate. 10/10 would use again :)

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Dani,

Thanks so much for sharing! Glad to here everything went smoothly for you and you got the nappies quickly!

Roxy

What a scam- never again

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2017

Bought a kids jacket off Amazon- total weight 1kg and charged for 2.5kg of weight and $53.00. Will never use this again!!! What a joke, wish I had of checked the reviews first. Would have been cheaper to post it out via amazon.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah, It sounds like your postage charges came under cubic weight as opposed to actual weight, which is explained in more detail in our FAQs: http://auspo.st/1En0OlH If you believe you've bee... read more »

ShopMate

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

I have been trying to buy a product from US which is not shipped to Australia directly. So happy to see the option of ShopMate by Australia Post. Finally I get my product here. Thanks Australia Post.

Comments
Australia Post Official

No worries Vinnie, glad to hear you're happy! Enjoy!

Unreasonably slow delivery times

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 06, 2017

The first (and last) time using this "service". Should have stayed with my previous US mail forwarding company, slowest delivery times I've ever experienced in nearly 10 years of forwarding parcels from the US.
My advice - there are better options out there. In true Australia Post style, I'm assuming my parcels will show up when they feel like it. Most likely after I need them. One would have assumed 3 weeks was plenty of time to get parcels to Australia. Parcels ordered at the same time shipped directly arrived in 5 business days...Some of my order with this service is still sitting in the US!
Not to mention the 4 day delay between UPS notifying of parcel delivery and it showing up on my Shopmate account!
Never again.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi KBA,

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way about your experience. If you're still waiting for your deliveries I'd be more than happy to check them for you - please just send me a private message with the tracking number(s).

• 3 comments

Dont do it..its a scam

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2017

I should have listed to the reviews... Shop mate is a total nightmare..it was meant to be easy according to their website. Looking at their T&Cs and there is pretty much nothing they do ship. They just want to hold your package ransom and charge more then the weight of the product to ship to another shipment company ...MASSIVE CON DO NOT TRUST

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Carrol, We do have some restrictions on dangerous goods like flammables and weapons but if you feel your item doesn't fall into this category I recommend speaking with our ShopMate team directl... read more »

It was tea! perfectly legal to bring in the country and yes I have called them and was promised help and got zero options.. Thanks for charging we 4 x the weight of my actual products too on the goods you did let through.

60 Grams was the weight of my package but AUS POST Scammers charged me for 500 grams and delayed my order by weeks. RIPP OFF

Victoria

• 8 comments
  • 3 questions
  • 2 answers

overcharge

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

I'm not happy with the way the shipping is charge. Overcharge
My parcels are still at USA warehouse as i found I'm overcharge with shipping rate which I'm not happy at all..

I HAD 5 parcels in total and due in less then 7days to ship it out.

How can 1.3kg charge me 2kg?
1.2kg charge me 1.5kg?
09kg charge me 1.1kg? all is like just like over to charge extra??

and i have another parcel coming in soon.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi svals,

I recommend contacting our ShopMate team directly on 1300 624 475 between 8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday so they can look into this for you.

hi just received another last parcel.. 0.5kg charge me 1.3kg worst

hi i had tried to call its had to get through. pls sort this out for me

• 4 helpful votes

Poor service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Paid for postage on 21 July and received a confirmation email from ShopMate stating my payment had been received and that they will now "prepare my package for shipment" and notify me when it leaves their warehouse. Well its now 28 July and I still haven't been notified that its left the warehouse. So that makes it 7 days and still counting to pack and post a package! If I'd known postage would be so slow I would have used another shipper. Postage costs were also about 20% higher than indicated on their website and higher than standard US postage costs. Very poor service and a complete rip off in terms of costs.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi there,

It does sound unusual that you haven't received that confirmation yet. If you haven't done so already, please contact ShopMate directly on 1300 624 475 (8am-6pm (AEST) Monday – Friday) and they'll be able to take a look into it.

4 of 27 pages

Hi I recently purchased goods shipped via shopmate from the US. As the parcel is valued over $1,000 the details of my shipment have been passed onto a customs broker however I haven't received a Mail Reference Number required to lodge the customs declaration either myself or through a broker which isn't your standard broker (which is much more expensive than your typical broker). Is there any way to get a notification of the Mail Reference number (usually mailed out in a letter) so that I can lodge my declaration through an alternate broker of my choice? Very frustrated that I'm being forced to use an expensive broker and the package has somehow bypassed the usual import procedures that would allow me to A) lodge myself or B) select another broker. Thanks James

James asked on Feb 19, 2018

Hi James,

This is a tricky one to answer without having more specific details relating to your actual enquiry. I recommend you give our ShopMate team a call on 1300 624 475 to discuss it further with them directly.

Hi Roxy

The issue has now been resolved. The reason for the issue was that shopmate purchases are shipped into australia as Air Cargo rather than Postal Cargo. This required a different customs clearance process that doesn't use mail reference numbers.

Hopefully this information assists others with similar issues as the communication from ShopMate was very limited.

James

Hello Madam, could you please help me track the status of this parcel ( RT385916748HK )? Has it been delivered? Thanks a lot for your help.

Taylor M asked on Feb 10, 2018

Hi Taylor,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, your question has only just come through.

Looking at the scans I can see this one has been marked as delivered on the 6/2/17.

Roxy

Dear Sir/ Madam, Could you help me to track the state of this parcel RT385988254HK? Thanks so much! Best regards, Taylor

Taylor M asked on Jan 29, 2018

Hey Taylor M,

I'm pleased to see that this was delivered today ^_^

~Sami