Seamless.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

Reviews had me worried about my package, but bought something from the US, shipped to ShopMate in portland, took them the quoted "2 business days" to get the package and estimate shipping costs. The costs were as per their website and lower than the competition! Paid, product shipped out the next day, and in my hand 3 days later.

Seamless!

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Kash,

Thanks so much for sharing this!

So far so good

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 29, 2017

I just wanted to post a review because there are so many negative ones up here.

I have been perhaps lucky with my experience with ShopMate - I've had very quick turnaround with them and no issues so far (all dates are Australian time):
25 March - Parcel was delivered to ShopMate warehouse
28 March - Received confirmation of arrival and paid fee (which was as expected for the size of package and about $40 cheaper than sending directly from the supplier)
29 March - Package was shipped from warehouse (ETA 4 April to 8 April)

Despite
the overwhelmingly negative reviews, my experience with ShopMate has been good (at least at the moment). Some useful info from other posts I have seen include:
- ask the sender to send the goods in the smallest package possible
- review the types of goods ShopMate/AusPost will not ship (e.g. nail polish and perfume)
- ask the sender to send multiple items in one package as ShopMate do not combine packages

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi ileini,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, as well as these tips :)

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Worst service - do not use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 20, 2017

My item got delivered to their warehouse on the 8th of this month - 12 days later and still no sign of the item and aus post says there is nothing they can do. No phone between Aus and USA.
Use a company that knows what they are doing as Aus Post has zero idea!!! Terrible service

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Sarah,

I'd be happy to take a look at this and see if I can find out what's happening - have you got a case number from when you've contacted us?

• 2 comments

Terrible service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 19, 2017

Customer service is appalling, no direct communication between customer and USA base warehouse.
I had to have a parcel redirected as too big (larger than 1 metre) and I paid for the redirection 5 weeks ago and no one can tell me whether it has left the USA warehouse.
Look elsewhere these guys do not know what they are doing.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Peter B,

This isn't good to hear. I'd be happy to check up on the status if you can please let me know what your case number is.

09442518 is the latest number
Parcel now moving but should have left Portland 5 weeks ago
I was in Dallas Texas last week and could have collected the parcel but will now have to pay shipping costs which I believe shopmate should pay

Updated Aust post with the case number and as per usual it has gone all quiet

Another example of poor customer service

Look for alternatives to Shopmate

Sydney

• 2 helpful votes

Excessive shipping charge

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2017

Your shipping charges are excessive and extortionate. Bye bye AusMate, I won't be back unless you reduce your shipping rates. No wonder you can pay your CEO $5.5 million.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Mick,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We always recommend checking out of rate estimations here http://auspo.st/1En0OlH to get an idea of costs.

Roxy

Fantastic response AusPost, annoy the Customer even more.

Excellent Service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hey Michelle,

Thanks for sharing this, and definitely reach out if you need anything from here with your parcel.

Roxy

Well I picked up my product Today. Perfect, communication from when my product landed in Australia was 100% So all in all perfect service considering i made some errors my end. I run a medium siz... read more »

Also just a quick note. The tool we purchased was $2000.00 worth $5000.00 in Australia so very happy that We engaged with Shopmate. Trusted service 100% Cannot discredit in any way shape or form.... read more »

Brisbane

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

Ridiculous postage charges and no choice but to pay to get items you have bought

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2017

Bought via Shopmate to use a discount code for PBTeen - shipping ended up being four times the cost of the site directly. Very very disappointing. Will not use again. Thought this would be a reputable option as Australia Post.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi CedarCreek,

• 5 helpful votes

Very happy

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 12, 2017

I used shopmate recently to deliver something from US and couldn't have been happier with Shopemate delivery. A few friends of mine told me that they noticed bad feed back about them ( Partly the reason why I wanted to share the good experience ). I took the leap of faith and ordered something from Amazon worth around a AU$1000. The status got updated the moment it arrived in their warehouse. Dispatched perfectly and Shopmate kept me informed all the way.

Giving 4 stars because there was just one glitch. While the package was with customs,
i was requested for an invoice for the details. I sent the invoice the same day and there was a silence of 5 days from Shopmate about the status. After giving them a call, they realized that they already had it and then restarted the process again. After which everything went smoothly.

I think I can live with a little followup myself as long as i'm saving as much money as I did. Would definitely use them though there are areas of improvement.

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Nomi,

Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, glad to hear it :)

• 2 comments

God awful!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

This service is an absolute joke.. Not only do they overcharge, they cannot combine items in a single box and ship as one item. I have also had an item claimed to be either dangerous or damaged.. Which it is neither! Not only is my item sold here in Australia they are holding onto it because of what they assume it will be used for.. If you end up buying a knife and using shopmate, Watch Out! "Knifes can be used for murder so we wont ship your item".. Just because what it can be used for doesn't mean that everyone uses it that way.. I'm also hig hly disappointed in that I have actually never received a reply stating that they have gotten the request MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) information and that It has been passed onto the correct people.. Absolutely appalled with the service.. Will never use this service again after I'm finished.. Case Number; 10170616 if someone from the company actually decides to do something..

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Joel,

As I mentioned to you via private message, we have passed this on for review already and are just awaiting the results. If you haven't heard anything by later this afternoon, let me know and I'll follow up for you.

Roxy

Dear Roxy. I did not hear anything yesterday, and apparently the review process has not even started.. As I will mention below. UPDATE; I was in contact with Australia Post last week early in the m... read more »

I am still yet to hear anything from Shopmate regarding my package and having it reviewed.. It now looks like I wont be receiving my packages until next month.

• 9 comments

Frustrating and timewasting experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2017

Waiting to receive parcel. I needed to redirect it to another USA international parcel shipping service as shopmate do not ship perfume. Other companies do have the facility to ship perfume (which is classified as 'dangerous goods'). I gave shipmate an alternate shipping address - shopmate tells me i need to action the redirect for it to occur but i cannot perform any actions / payments on the site. parcel appears stuck. my original case had been closed. new case numbers generated every time i try to find out the status of the event. original a us post phone service was friendly and helpful but ultimately my parcel still seems to be sitting in no mans land. i used a different us parcel shipping service in the past and wish i had stayed with them. Too many calls, emails, confusion and still i seem no closer to getting my parcel sorted. wish i had read the reviews first.
Update : despite different areas attepting to help me my parcel is still stuck and apparently waiting for someone in the warehouse to update the website and please call back next week if nothing happens. Sounds legit!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi GO46,

Hmm, I'd be happy to take a look at this for you, can I have your original case number please?

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Thanks Roxy my case is 10067058

Camden

• 8 helpful votes

Worked perfectly for me.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2017

Purchased some relatively heavy but compact items from a US Ebay seller. Received notice from Shopmate within days that it had arrived, with a reasonable and expected shipping charge to forward on to Australia. Arrived in approx 2 weeks from start to finish. I think its mainly those that dont understand volume weight that are feeling ripped off. Would use this service again

Comments
Australia Post Official

Hi Cornetto,

Thanks heaps for your feedback :) Enjoy your purchases!

Stolen Card Details After Use

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2017

So expensive and straight after my purchase through their non secure checkout my card details were stolen!!! I am now dealing with the bank in trying to get my money back. Absolutely ridiculous you have to pay online without your details being safe. Appalling service to customers in this darn age!

5 of 38 pages

Hi there, could you help to check what's the update on my parcel (RT363341463HK)? Thank you so much. Daisy

DAISY asked on Jul 11, 2017

Hi Daisy,

I'm pleased to see this was delivered on the 12th.

Roxy

My item was delivered by DHL on the 15/6/17. ShopMate says it'll take 1-2 business days for me to receive an email to pay my shipping back to Australia. It's been 5 business days and I still haven't received anything. It's a birthday gift (shoes. so it's nothing dangerous) and an expensive one as well so I'm a bit worried. My ShopMate account says nothing... DHL is no longer showing me the delivery because it's already delivered. The only proof I have is from the website that I purchased the item off. I've clicked on "My Shopping" in ShopMate and it says "Your parcel will appear here within 48 hours after it arrives at our warehouse" but I have not seen anything.

phtven asked on Jun 22, 2017

Hi phtven,

It can take a few days for orders to appear in your ShopMate account. If it's still not there, give the team a call on 1300 624 475 and they'll take a look into it for you.

Roxy

I have a package which has been deem as high value, what should I do if I wish to continue using shopmate? I have already got a case number 12145396, waiting your reply.

Macin asked on Jun 21, 2017

Hi Macin,

Looks like our ShopMate team has been in touch with you :)

See all 66 questions about Australia Post Shopmate