Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Sep 2017

Cheaper than a lawn service.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

I've been interested by the concept of an robotic lawnmower ever since I saw the concept years ago. However, the price to performance ratio was always an issue, few years, I've relocated from the NT to NSW, and I discovered it was a very different environment mowing your lawn. Trying to maintain my lawn weekly basis during the summer months made me reconsider the idea of purchasing a robot that would perform this task for me. Yes, I briefly considered a lawn service, but at a charge of $60 a visit on a weekly basis, it didn't add up. I now have had the mower for a full season and its been great, highly recommended.

Sydney

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Oct 2017

buyer beware: faulty products & business set up to strip you off consumer rights

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

Person who runs this "business" gets away with all sorts of crockery through his offshore entity, the Robotic Shop, where he makes it out to look like he is selling official products with manufacturers warranty, however he grey imports faulty items, and does not honour the warranty he provides, making it almost impossible to do anything under the Australian Consumer Rights guarantee.
I was told to send back the new Roomba, which cleans worse then a stick vac cleaner from Kmart, at my own expense, and if the motor is working and the rollers are turning, there's nothing he can do, including providing a replace or a refund.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

I love this mower

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

As with with most things from China, the early models had there issues, similar like the early Honda or Hyundai, now they are quality cars. The mower is the same, the first model i had was ok, but had issues. This one has made a big step in quality and I can't fault it, highly recommended.

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Mar 2018

Good mower

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 24, 2018

The robotic mower does do a nice job in keeping the lawn at a constant height, I seem to have less weeds but I need to wait for spring to be sure. Set up takes some time but is pretty straight forward and once done right the mower saves allot of time.

Melbourne

• 3 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2017

My lawn looks great.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 16, 2018

If you read enough reviews for these machines, you already understand that the wire boundary setup is key and requires some effort. After doing that, it worked exactly as expected. As it mows I do the edging so it does save allot of time, and keeping the lawn constantly mowed has helped control the weeds.

pots point

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Jan 2017

Saves me so much time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 24, 2018

I was paying to have my lawn mowed and it was to expensive, with 2 kids a cat and dog I just did not have time to do it myself. So I was looking for something like my Neato robot vacuum. The robot mower has been great, my lawn has never looked better.

Aukland

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: May 2015

Takes some setup, but worth it in end

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2017

The mower does take some setup with the wire, but I knew that before buying and was told that by Australia robotic, pretty much all the mowers require a wire setup, similar to an electric dog fence. After we set up the wire and did some test runs and adjustments, it works fine. I would recommend.

• 1 question
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Purchase Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Great Mower

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 17, 2017

This mower is fantastic and saves heaps of time. It did take some set up with the perimeter wire. Service an support was good. For my next one I will invest in one of the new ones that does not use the perimeter wire, which should take little set up.

Perth

• 7 comments
  • 8 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Apr 2015

Chinese Junk and warranty not Honoured, unit can still operate outside boundary

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 03, 2016

The Australian Robotic Unit is capable of running past boundary and what's worse blades are still operating at full speed and the unit can go anywhere once it has crossed boundary!!!!!!!!. Australia Robotic the company that sells these dangerous Chinese robots in Australia don't honour warranty if this happens... Buyer beware, there are other Real Brands such as Bosch, Husqvarna, John Deere that sell robot mowers and very close pricing in fact the Bosch unit is cheaper.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Brisbane

• 2 answers
  • 21 helpful votes

Date Purchased: Sep 2015

Little after sales service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2016

I wish I had read the reviews before buying the lawnmower. It's difficult to install if you have anything other than a single area of square lawn. Little after sales service; when we enquired we were told it would be $75 per hour to cover travel time from the Gold Coast. They could have at least lined up someone in Brisbane to install and service the machines. If you buy this you're on your own or else face a big bill. I note that robot lawn mower retailers in the US install the mower free of charge. [link removed]
Considering how much the robot lawn mower costs, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect some assistance with installation. For any assistance from Australia Robotic, you've got to pay for them to visit you or pay for the shipment of your unit back to the Gold Coast. It's not like you buy something in the local Bunnings and can bring it back if you have a problem.

*There's a good reason Bunnings don't sell automatic lawnmowers (they are too troublesome) and I wish I'd realised that before buying this expensive item from an online retailer.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

MELBOURNE

• 2 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 32 helpful votes

Buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2015

Very disappointed with the quality of this product, or lack of. When contacting Australia Robotic for assistance the man was rude and unhelpful. I was promised a great quality product upon my initial enquiries and what I received was cheap rubbish. I would not recommend this product or this company.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

If I could have scored this company a 0 out of 5 I would. One star is too generous.

Hi Hunting Quad. I was looking at the TCG-158 as pictured, is this the model you are talking about? Thanks Dave

Dave Lake asked on Mar 20, 2017

Answer this

G-Day Dave
No different its model, but "all" the Chinese models just don't stand up, and simply don't do what they are suppose to, I also had an Italian made robot mower which ran for 4yrs but the Australian dealer shut up shop and I could no longer get parts, I also years ago had a robot Husqvarna it was brilliant, but the price for a good non-chinese model just has become to expensive. In fact I brought a ride-on to replace the robot, the ride-on doesn't keep the lawn constantly trimmed like the robots do, but I expect, in fact I know the ride-on will last a lot more years than any of the robots.
PS: I'm not a "Chinese Junk" spruiker, in fact I love my Chinese Quad & Chinese 80lb Bow & Chinese fishing gear for the price you pay they can't be beaten, but its a shame the same can't be said for the robot mowers or robot chinese vacuum cleaners for that matter.
Do not buy anything from a queensland company that say they are Australian supplier of Robot mowers and Vacuum cleaners, they offer Australian warranty to get the sale but guess what..... no warranty just lies, ACCC even been involved but all to no avail
hope this helps
cheers

Agree with the poster above - beware of Australia Robotic, the same individual in Qld who also runs an offshore entity "The Robotic Shop". Both of his websites mislead the consumer that he is selling official products with manufacturers warranty, however he grey imports faulty items, and does not honour the warranty he provides, making it almost impossible to have access to Australia's otherwise generous consumer rights. And yes, the ACCC is aware and involved, hoping it's just a matter of time they find their legal way through this shifty setup.

I was stupid enough not to check the official iRobot Website for a list of authorised resellers, so ended up buying an iRobot Roomba from him. After (rightfully so) being refused warranty claim from iRobot, due to it cleaning worse then a stick vac cleaner from Kmart, was told by that same guy to send it back at my own expense, and if the motor is working and the rollers are turning, there's nothing he can do, including providing a replace or a refund.

Product Details