• 2 helpful votes

Dodgy Batteries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I purchased 5 / 120 amp deep cycle batteries from Australian Direct. The batteries are branded. Within a month all five batteries failed and the service I received was deplorable. Eventually after wasting substantial amounts of money on technicians I was refunded the original purchase price. However the costs incurred due to being supplied faulty batteries remains outstanding.

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Excellent customer service and product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Recently enquired via Facebook to one of their products. Had a reply that afternoon and purchased online that night. Product arrived 2 days later and worked brilliantly. Kick butt 12 amp charger and Customer Service gets both thumbs up from me.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Dave - thanks for the awesome review! We're stoked that you had such an easy, faultless buying experience with us.

Verified Customer

Great quality and even better customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I recent ordered the 12v plug and play dual battery system with the Built in dcdc charger and it’s step by step instructions for install were easy to follow and well explained. After going back and fourth with few questions via email and then over the phone all questions were answered with no hesitation I would 100% Recommend Austrlian Direct products!

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Kiahl - thanks for the fantastic review! Customer service and support is our #1 priority. Happy camping.

• 6 answers
  • 3 helpful votes
Private message

I have brought a couple of things over the years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I love dealing with the team from Australian direct so easy you ask a question about any product and the give a straight up answer no matter what ask about any of there product's i will keep going back to them all the time customer service is 5 star. And with so many payment options it makes it so much easier to get what you need when u need it and if they haven't got it then they will make it and customize it for you

May 23rd 2018 Update: Just so easy to deal with and talk to

I rang these guys for some advice on a little project I'm working on asked the question was asked if I minded waiting while the boys sorted it out was on hold for like 10 seconds he come back and said I would recommend that you go this way which I did and they but the items in my cart for me to purchase as simple as that and my project which I thought was going to be a pain was fixed with a phone call to these guy's. I can't wait for it all to turn up so I can keep going with and i should have my new 8 stage charger this week can't wait to use that espacially with the cold weather coming as we know batterys hate cold nights as they feel it as well
Thanks guy's once again

Comments
Australian Direct Official

G'day Mavo, thanks for the fantastic review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts and are so glad you've had a great buying experience with us.

Great quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

Very happy with the product,89l fridge and battery box set up works a treat....didnt get the free alarm lock with the fridge..all in all everything is excellent

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Ollie - we've responded to your message on FB and can confirm that your lock alarm is on its way! Thanks for the fantastic review - be sure to share your set up with us on social media.

• 3 answers
Private message

Quality products and services.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I've dealt with this company a few times now. Their advise and knowledge on all things 12 and 24 volt gives me confidence and comfort every time.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the great review Gerard, appreciate your words mate.

The most awesome purchase.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

We purchased the battery box kit that comes with battery and dcdc charger all built in with all the wiring needed and also the new light weight solar panels and purchase came with the led light kit This is the best purchase ever.You guys took out all the hard work out of wiring it all up from scratch. The solar panels are absolutely awesome and do a fantastic job. The lights are more than enough and work brilliantly.The entire purchase is the best purchase we have ever made and are extremely happy with you guys.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Trisha, thanks for the great review. It's awesome to hear that you had a great purchasing experience with us. Happy camping!

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I have had my 150W ultralight panels for 6 months they are performing really well. They are light and compact and work as advertised. They arrived quickly. Australia direct promised a free bee watt meter to come with the panel but this did not arrive with the panels. When I pointer this out to them in a email, they apologized for the oversight and a watt meter arrived in the mail 4 days later. Now that is great customer service! I recommend these guys highly.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the fantastic review mate, it's awesome to hear that you love your new solar panels!

Exceeded my expectations!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I have a Projecta Power Hub with a 130ah AGM battery installed. It works great powering the fridge camping lights and phones but only good for about 2 days before needing a top up (I only like to discharge my batteries 30% max).
I have a 2Kva generator and 16amp battery charger but the generator can’t be used in some areas so another charging method was needed if I wanted to go away for longer periods.
Enter my search for a good portable solar panel.
After many hours of reading and Youtube watching I finally settled on the 300 watt Kickass MPPT bundle.
Firstly let me add the staff at Kickass are fabulous. After a mix up with payment verification (my fault) Matt was very helpful and was prompt in his reply’s and my order was processed.
The first thing that caught my attention was the quality of the components. Yes I know there is always going to be the best of the best but when providing a balance between quality and price I am more than happy with the result.
From the cables to the panels everything was there and set up was a breeze.
So as a test I have attached my 60 litre Engle, a 4 bar camping light set up and a 12v camping fan.
The panels are in full sun and with all the appliances running the battery is still receiving 3 amps of charge!
I know I haven’t tested it in a full camping situation yet but I am confident after this test that I will have more than enough capacity to be off grid for weeks if need be.
Great work guys!

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey mate - thanks for the awesome review, your setup sounds pretty sweet! Stoked to hear that you had a great buying experience with us and can't wait to hear how your setup goes during your next full bush camping trip.

excellent knowledge and help

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

Great help with finding the best set up for my Pajero for a secondary battery option. Great knowledge and great to work with.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

G'day Winston - thanks for the fantastic feedback. Glad you had such a great experience shopping with us!

Great quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 13, 2018

I love my dual battery setup. Products are great quality with good service. Will buy from them again an again

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Ryley, thanks for sharing your review! Glad you had a great experience buying from us and we're stoked that we can help you build an awesome 12V set up.

89lt fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 12, 2018

Great fridge especially having the Anderson plug on it- better than your normal cig socket. great service and delivery- can’t fault them

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey mate, thanks for the feedback. Anderson Style Plugs are the superior 12V connection don't you think!

Just what I ordered

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 11, 2018

Having been ripped off with a different company, I chose Australian Direct for my last purchase. I ordered on line and received a invoice, but more important I was kept informed right up to the parcel arriving on my doorstep. You can't fault that sort of service.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

G'day Michael, thanks for the fantastic review, we're so glad you had such a great experience with us from start to finish.

Suprisingly above and beyond

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 10, 2018

With so many smaller no brand names on the market it was a refreshing change to find one where they wanted to go above and beyond my expectations. Usually when you find a cheap supplier, there's always a compromise between quality and service for a lower price of the product but I was surprisingly pleased with not only the product itself, but with the customer service level involved which was exemplary. Highly recommended and a seamless and painless process for purchase with great after sales service.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey mate, thanks so much for the awesome review! We pride ourselves on our customer service and will always go above and beyond to make sure customers like you have the best buying experience possible with us. Hope you're happy with all your gear!

Complete Dual Battery System 120AH & 150 Watt Solar kit - easy way to get set up!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2018

I needed a second battery for my Triton ute and after some consideration I went with the Kickass 120AH battery, Kickass battery box and 150W solar panels, dual sensing VSR and 12V charger kit. I chatted to a consultant online who was very helpful and suggested this would suit my needs to power my 60L fridge and some small LED lights. The pack showed up a few days later and the battery and box were easily set up. I gave the panels and battery a test run in stinking hot summer heat and the setup powered my fridge easily and in essence the setup held my battery at full charge for a few days, easily. I found the panels to be well made and sturdy. The included carry bag makes it easy to transport and store them. I've also tested the battery on my fridge minus the panels and got four days out of it. Very impressed! I found the included wiring kit and VSR very easy to install in my dual cab Triton, with enough cable to reach the tailgate. The plug and play duel sensing Kickass VSR required no cutting of wires and was very easy to install. I've used the KickAss 12V / 12 Amp - 8 Stage Automatic Battery Charger to charge my battery back up and it did a great job. In all, I'm very impressed with the value for money this package offers and the quality of all the gear. It was a very hassle free way to get started with a portable 12V setup and the fact that it's all portable means you don't have your vehicle anchored to your campsite. I was also very impressed that you can chat to an Australian Direct consultant online before making a purchase, to ensure you get the correct gear. This really does take the guesswork and risk out of it! I'm looking forward to taking the setup away on a fishing trip soon - I think it will all come together well and make for a very convenient and hassle free setup in our camp.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

G'day Scott! Thanks for the awesome product feedback and glad you had a great experience with our online chat service. We're here to make sure that you get the gear you need, as tailored as possibl... read more »

2 years and going strong

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Many years ago I travelled around in a van with an esky. I had a great time. Then I got a mrs, and realised a few creature comforts were necessary. So I invested in Australian Direct, and life was easier than I ever realised. Now we have a fridge, lights, battery to charge phones and computers, and solar panels. We fell in love camping out, and couldn't do it without the gear that allows us to stay a little longer. Cheers!

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Bez, thanks for the review mate and glad to hear your missus has opened you into the world of 12V creature comforts. Glad to have you onboard and keen to see pictures from your camping trips!

Excellent service top of industry knowledge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Best source of knowledge for anything to do with off grid electrical and camping. Quality, reliable, well priced products with superior customer service.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

G'day PJ! Thanks for the awesome review, appreciate your support and stoked to hear you had a great experience with us.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Kickass fridge

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 07, 2018

Brought the 89ltr dual zone fridge in November last year.
Can't fault this fridge hasn't missed a beat doing all the work it did over the school holidays

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey mate, thanks for the review! Nothing better than having an icy cold fridge when you're camping in the heat of summer.

Top quality customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

Purchased products over the net, received in Victoria under the quoted postage time frame, when requested some technical advice, the response was very accurate & informative, felt like old school customer service where the staff made it their mission to achieved a very satisfied customer outcome. All products installed into vehicle & worked faultlessly. Very impressed. Highly recommend.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the review Russell! Glad to hear you had a great buying experience from us, customer service is our top priority and we'll go above and beyond to make sure that our customers finish up f... read more »

Awesome Solar Panels

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 06, 2018

I was looking some high quality solar panels for my camping set up which I could rely on. These solar panels are not only the highest quality but every cable, connection and part is also of the highest quality. You also get spare parts, instructions and a quality bag to keep it all safe. For the price you pay, it really is the highest quality available at a great price.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Scotty - thanks for the awesome review. Quality gear is one of the most important things to have behind you when you're out in the bush.

1 of 3 pages

Anyone have any feedback on using the 71litre dual zone fridge freezer? Interested to know how it compares to Waeco/Engel for quality, reliability etc. Thanks

Stuart M asked on May 23, 2018

I have been asked to source a Kickass battery box with all of the bells and whistles, I believe that this one has a number of connection fittings and USB. I have looked on the website and cant see anything in the price range I was given ( about $1300). Can you advise if you sell a box like Ive described. Im sure that this question has been raised after some serious discussion with a fellow traveller on a recent trip in outback Qld.

Marier asked on May 19, 2018

Answer this

I don't sell Abby as I Ann a customer. I got into the website and had a look at the thumper kit you might be talking about. There are other ones there too.
Yes it's pricy. But looking at what's included and what it does for you , I feel it's good value. I believe in " but it once and buy it right " . Nothing worse than having to add this and add that. I don't know your set up or needs so try the website again , watch the video if you want to understand more all the process are there. Good luck with it.

Hi Marier i have listed below this is a battery box I found on there web site this box is on there at $668 that's with no battery and a battery would start from $400 Mark depending on what your needs are so for both of them it would be any were from $1068 to 1200 I have dealtwith the guy's for a number of years and when it comes to product knowledge and knowing and listing to the customer you can't beat the i deal with Jay and Liam and not once have they ever given me any wrong information do what I do if your unsure about a product give the guy's a ring. I am waiting the arrival of there newest addition which is there chargers and any of there product's stack against of the other leading brands my good mate has 1 of the battery box that i have put in this post and it's a great unit it's got every thing I know it will be my next purchase from them
With Thanks Andrew. I hope all of this helps you out Marier
Battery boxes have been around for years with the main priority being the care and safety of the battery inside. The KICKASS® Battery Box is in a league of its own in today’s 12V Caravan, Camping and 4WD market. Not only does the KICKASS® Battery Box portability, ventilation and usability, it also keeps the battery (and wiring) protected and out of direct exposure to harsh Australian conditions.Main Box Specifications

2 x Marine Grade Cigarette Type Socket 16 Amp Rated

1 x 30A Auto Reset Circuit Breaker for Power Ports

1 x 50A Auto Reset Circuit Breaker for High Current Ports

Supported Batteries GEL, AGM, WET, CALCIUM

KA Key Features

Breakthrough plug and play design - (no complicated wiring required)

Built-in isolator for dual battery setups

Advanced 3 Stage DC/DC charger incorporated suited to keep AGM batteries in top condition
Built-in solar regulator with MPPT

Charge from multiple DC sources

Strong and sturdy design

Multiple power outlets to cater a wide range of low voltage equipment

Integrated LED Voltmeter

Hi Marier,
We definitely have a solution for you that is under $1300, we have a range of battery box options that will suit your needs.
Give us a call on 07 3123 4715 and we can sort out a system for you.

G'day guys just trying to set up my own package from you fellas with a 71 to 89 ltr kickass fridge and your 250w solar panels. Also to power camp lights. Is the 120ah plenty or go the 170ah in the slimline. (2015 gu nissan patrol st series 8)? Thanks.

Gary asked on Mar 04, 2018

Answer this

We'd recommend the 170AH if you've got room for it. It'll give you that extra buffer incase it's an extra hot day and your fridge compressor needs to run slightly more often that normal. It'll also mean you've got some extra juice in your battery for charging mobile phones and other small items. Thanks for the question mate!

See all 4 questions about Australian Direct