Junee

• 4 comments

Heavy Duty Crimping Tool

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2018

Purchased the crimping tool Sunday night and received the following Friday. Crimoing tool was faulty as the dye was irregular and you could not lock the tool to crimp.
Had to return crimpers and now wait for repair and return -Downside was I had to go to Jaycar and buy the same style crimping tool to get my job completed as I could not wait another 10 days for the return of the repaired crimpers.

Perfection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

I don’t do reviews but this I feel deserves one I ordered a dual zone fridge and received it in three days including weekends and for a record cost. It had to come interstate. And the plus is that I don’t no how I live without this amazingly priced item.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the bloody fantastic review mate! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us some feedback and are stoked your fridge got to you so quickly.

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Incredible service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2018

First time purchaser with this company. Im a very cautious purchaser online. Seriously impressed with the transaction. Ordered Friday, delivered Monday. Opened products and they are exactly what was viewed via their online video . Impressive.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the awesome feedback Brad! Customer experiences are our top priority and we're so glad that your first time purchasing with us was great.

Used these products over the weekend and they work very well. I Can recommend them. The Battery pack is a real gem and worth having as a back up.

Australian Direct Official

Absolutely fantastic to hear. Cheers mate!

Verified Customer

great work Aussie Direct arrived earlier than expected.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 12, 2018

exceptional service and very fast postage. I love your gear and use it a lot for my business and for my customers.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey mate - thanks for the fantastic review!

Happy Chappy ,(so far)

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 10, 2018

very happy with service so far, have a 74 ltr dual zone fridge on back order will follow up with further review when I receive same
very happy with the bonus points which have enable me to buy a battery protector at no cost.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the review mate - we hope you love your new fridge when it arrives!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2018

I have purchased from australian direct many times as i live local to them i have allways picked up my purchases to be greeted with a friendly smile.
I have been happy with the products they are what they say all round great service and products will keep purchasing from them.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the fantastic review Paul - we're stoked you had a great customer service experience.

• 1 comment

Great Products- Average service

3 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 27, 2018

100ah AGM , Quality looks good , one of the posts is crooked but a non Issue. The description on the page needs to make the fact that you will forfeit the warranty if installed under the Bonnet a lot clearer . The warning is there but needs to be Highlighted even more. I only went for the 100ah as it was the biggest that would fit under the bonnet,otherwise I would have gone bigger.

Battery Tray , Perfect

Plug and Play wiring Kit + DC DC charger , all good quality Gear. Also Bought this thinking it would work with the Aux battery under the bonnet, This is not the case. It is designed around having the battery box set up. Be aware you will need extra gear if not using the battery box. Again it is noted on the website but is vague.

Aussie Direct needs to be aware that many are not overly educated in these systems , the website needs to much clearer. Was also not overly impressed with the gentleman I spoke on the phone with as he grew impatient with me. (hes still a good bloke though :)

Very fast postage

I will use Aussie Direct again

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Jay, thanks for talking the time to leave some feedback for us. On all of our AGM battery products listed online, we have the warning '​*Please note installing this battery under your bonnet or... read more »

Fantastic service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 11, 2018

Australian Direct are a fantastic company that was my 3rd purchase and they gave me $52 off well done Guys

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Awesome to hear mate, that's fantastic feedback, thank you.

Bathurst NSW

• 2 answers
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Great products at the right price, express delivery!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Returning Customer - bought the 61L fridge on my first visit (June 2018), have returned and purchased a dual battery kit, 120AH battery and box plus a few other bits and pieces.

Questions have been answered promptly and professionally, and delivery within three working days to Central Western NSW is total magic!

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the fantastic review Allan! We're so stoked that you love your gear, and what awesome feedback about delivery times - that's great. Appreciate your time mate!

Bad advice, damaged goods

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 04, 2018

I bought the 250w ultralight solar kit with Mppt, I called first to check if it could be used with Lithium batteries and was assured that it could. When it arrived every panel was scratched, one of the cables had been cut and repaired with heatshrink. The panels came with no written instructions on care or use.. After hooking up the system the mppt controller shut down the load because of overvoltage. Called Australian direct to be told that their supposably top line system does not work with Lithium batteries. Their advice was to buy another Mppt controller as they do not sell them. They did not offer to buy back the one they sold me under false pretences. How can it be a top line product if it can't charge top line batteries? Very disappointed in their advice, product condition and product. I've had retailers send me products in the past that were shop soiled or damaged probably on the assumption that mail order buyers won't go through the hassle of demanding a replacement. Will never deal with these people again.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hi Glenn, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We emailed you on August 1st advising that we would be organising the return of your items at our cost and once in transit back ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Bought for the quality and stayed for the service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 23, 2018

1st time purchased a 120amp battery, box and solar panel kit, then a compressor, and now an 80l fridge, Absolutely love everything we have bought as the quality and design thought is made for campers who camp regularly. the products answer all our gripes about camping stuff and the fridge is kid proof unlike our all plastic waeco. The compressor was not all tightened up and some bolts were loose from the factory when we bought it and was replaced straight away so we cannot fault them on service at all. extremely happy and recommend for all to give them a go

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the rippa review Wazza! We really appreciate the time you've taken to leave us some feedback and are stoked that you love your gear.

Adelade

• 10 answers

Verified Customer

Fantastic. Does what it is suppose to do.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

I have purchased several items over the years from these guys. Never had a bad item or advice. Recently purchased the battery box with projecta dc dc charger already wired in. Easy to install just plug in and go. I had a few questions and they were quick with there response (e mails). Product has been in a week now and is charging nicely and on float at the moment. Old system would have to be turned off charging so not to cook battery. This is just leave and forget.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Perfect to hear mate - thanks for the awesome review. We love hearing stories like yours!

Dodgy Batteries

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 09, 2018

I purchased 5 / 120 amp deep cycle batteries from Australian Direct. The batteries are branded. Within a month all five batteries failed and the service I received was deplorable. Eventually after wasting substantial amounts of money on technicians I was refunded the original purchase price. However the costs incurred due to being supplied faulty batteries remains outstanding.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 comments
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Excellent customer service and product.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 07, 2018

Recently enquired via Facebook to one of their products. Had a reply that afternoon and purchased online that night. Product arrived 2 days later and worked brilliantly. Kick butt 12 amp charger and Customer Service gets both thumbs up from me.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Dave - thanks for the awesome review! We're stoked that you had such an easy, faultless buying experience with us.

Verified Customer

Great quality and even better customer service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2018

I recent ordered the 12v plug and play dual battery system with the Built in dcdc charger and it’s step by step instructions for install were easy to follow and well explained. After going back and fourth with few questions via email and then over the phone all questions were answered with no hesitation I would 100% Recommend Austrlian Direct products!

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Kiahl - thanks for the fantastic review! Customer service and support is our #1 priority. Happy camping.

• 6 answers
Private message

I have brought a couple of things over the years

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 06, 2018

I love dealing with the team from Australian direct so easy you ask a question about any product and the give a straight up answer no matter what ask about any of there product's i will keep going back to them all the time customer service is 5 star. And with so many payment options it makes it so much easier to get what you need when u need it and if they haven't got it then they will make it and customize it for you

May 23rd 2018 Update: Just so easy to deal with and talk to

I rang these guys for some advice on a little project I'm working on asked the question was asked if I minded waiting while the boys sorted it out was on hold for like 10 seconds he come back and said I would recommend that you go this way which I did and they but the items in my cart for me to purchase as simple as that and my project which I thought was going to be a pain was fixed with a phone call to these guy's. I can't wait for it all to turn up so I can keep going with and i should have my new 8 stage charger this week can't wait to use that espacially with the cold weather coming as we know batterys hate cold nights as they feel it as well
Thanks guy's once again

Comments
Australian Direct Official

G'day Mavo, thanks for the fantastic review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts and are so glad you've had a great buying experience with us.

Great quality

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

Very happy with the product,89l fridge and battery box set up works a treat....didnt get the free alarm lock with the fridge..all in all everything is excellent

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Ollie - we've responded to your message on FB and can confirm that your lock alarm is on its way! Thanks for the fantastic review - be sure to share your set up with us on social media.

• 3 answers
Private message

Quality products and services.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 21, 2018

I've dealt with this company a few times now. Their advise and knowledge on all things 12 and 24 volt gives me confidence and comfort every time.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the great review Gerard, appreciate your words mate.

The most awesome purchase.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

We purchased the battery box kit that comes with battery and dcdc charger all built in with all the wiring needed and also the new light weight solar panels and purchase came with the led light kit This is the best purchase ever.You guys took out all the hard work out of wiring it all up from scratch. The solar panels are absolutely awesome and do a fantastic job. The lights are more than enough and work brilliantly.The entire purchase is the best purchase we have ever made and are extremely happy with you guys.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Hey Trisha, thanks for the great review. It's awesome to hear that you had a great purchasing experience with us. Happy camping!

Great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

I have had my 150W ultralight panels for 6 months they are performing really well. They are light and compact and work as advertised. They arrived quickly. Australia direct promised a free bee watt meter to come with the panel but this did not arrive with the panels. When I pointer this out to them in a email, they apologized for the oversight and a watt meter arrived in the mail 4 days later. Now that is great customer service! I recommend these guys highly.

Comments
Australian Direct Official

Thanks for the fantastic review mate, it's awesome to hear that you love your new solar panels!

1 of 3 pages

Hi Guys I have just purchased your kickass 12v DC-DC MPPT solar charger battery box and wiring kit.Thanks for the Father's Day discount. I have a Megavolt 160w solar panel with a 12/24v MPPT Solar controller fixed to it. Does this still get plugged into the lead marked unregulated solar or will I need to make up a short lead and attach it direct to the battery terminals or just plug it into one of the Anderson plugs labelled 12 v. Cheers Mick

mick asked on Aug 31, 2018

Hi Mick,

Thank you for purchasing the Battery Box kit! We hope you enjoy using it on your travels.
You have a few options with your MegaVolt 160W panel, they are outlined below.

IDC25 - The IDC25 unit attached to your battery box has an MPPT solar regulator inside of it and can be used for the same purpose as a normal regulator. Therefore if you are able to bypass the regulator on your solar panel and run the unregulated feed into the Anderson plug labelled 'Unregulated Solar' the IDC25 will take over charging your auxiliary battery.

MPPT - You are able to continue using the MPPT regulator attached to the back of your panel by simply connecting the output cable to one of the input/output Anderson plugs on the front and back of the battery box. This will allow your battery to be charged by the regulator attached to the panel.

Please don't hesitate to give us a call on 07 3123 4715 if you have any questions or issues.
Regards,
Leana Filocamo

Hi Am interested in your 3000W inverter but cant seem to find any inverter reviews in the reviews section other than the odd one on the the page which seems to be more of an advert for the product. Any independent reviews you can direct me to would be good, thanks Rob

Rob asked on Aug 29, 2018

Answer this

Hey Rob - we don't have an inverter review specific to the 3000W model, but we had an awesome customer review posted earlier in the week on the 300W. You can check it out here: https://youtu.be/Eo_wyk7nmi4

gday guys looking at running a waeco cfx 95l dual zone and maybe afew led lights just wondering if you think the 120ah battery and and box would be enough to keep it ticking over? cheers sam

sam asked on Jun 21, 2018

Answer this

Hey Sam - if you could email or call our team on (07) 3123 4715 so we could discuss this further, that'd be great. Battery size recommendations are determined on a lot of variables including the temperature you want to run your fridge at, your charging methods etc so we will need to talk to you before recommending anything!

See all 7 questions about Australian Direct