Advice for other students

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 15, 2018

If you are thinking of completing your MBA course with AIB, just go for it!!

To be honest I was a bit skeptical about the course at first so asked around. It so happened, one of my managers also did the course. She gave me the same advice am about to share with you despite having completed the course since 2011. They are as follows:

This is a course you can complete in a very short space of time. It allows flexibility for persons who has to juggle between family, work and school. It was also affordable giving the option to pay every semester and not in full. Despite the time difference between Trinidad and Australia, AIB Support always attended to my concerns in a timely manner. Moreover, if you are unable to attend classes, all subject information in written and verbal format are readily made available.

This course will enlighten your world in the working environment since its so practical. It has done so for me and has allowed clear visual on how things actually are in the business environment against theory, as well as how we as upcoming leaders can make it better. This program has thought me to make leaner reports in a shorter space of time which a green light for companies now a days.

Therefore, my advice to you is 'don't be hesitant, take that step forward', before you know it, you will achieve something so great in such short space of time which motivates your desire to accomplish bigger things. Do not worry about NOT having the time, how you can make payments or the 'what ifs' such as, unable to attend classes.These concerns have been factored for you to ensure nothing stops you from getting where you to go..

So Make Your Move:)

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you very much for your review Micha. We're so glad to hear that our course gave you the flexibility and support to succeed in your studies, and that the learning has had a real practical impa... read more »

You're welcome

Satisfying & rewarding experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

After many years of working in management roles in a few different industries, I found myself in the role of General Manager of a national building certification company with 27 employees. I felt that this was quite an achievement for someone who left school after year eleven as well as being female in a male dominated industry.

The only thing missing was a tertiary qualification so I decided to enrol with the AIB to complete my MBA. Initially I thought I could complete it in twelve months. This proved to be way too ambitious as my job was very demanding on my time which at times was quite stressful. The AIB course provided the flexibility to spread the course over three years so I could still take breaks and go on holidays every year.

To take up studying again at the age of 53 was both daunting and challenging but the AIB provided support and advice along the way. My electives were chosen around human resource subjects which was the area I wanted to focus on. Fast forward to August 2018 and I had completed my final project as well as securing a new role with a company that better suited my goals and ambitions as well as better remuneration.

Attending the graduation ceremony and wearing the cape and hat in December will definitely be a highlight and the skills I have learnt are invaluable. I can highly recommend the AIB to anyone thinking of completing the MBA.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your MBA experience with us here Cindylou. You certainly reached great heights before the MBA, and we're thrilled to hear that the MBA has helped you to achieve even more. W... read more »

Excellent support after returning to study after 30 years in the workforce

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2018

After becoming an "empty nester" I decided to return to study after 30 years.
My choice of course was to do an MBA as I am looking at Board opportunities in the future.
I found AIB very helpful in getting me started on my study journey. The online portal provided me with all the materials I needed, the collaboration with other AIB students and AIB lecturers helped me successfully pass each subject. Completing my MBA in August 2018 left me feeling very accomplished.
Thanks AIB

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Congratulations on taking the leap and successfully completing your MBA! We're thrilled to hear that it's been such a rewarding journey. Thank you for choosing AIB for your MBA, and all the very best with the next stage of your career.

Ripped Off

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2018

I withdrew long before the March cut off and still they charged me $6000 for my trouble. How can this be legal.......

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Ally. We're very disappointed to read this. We have sent you a private message to hopefully get some more information from you, including your full name, so we can follow up.

Terrible by comparison

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 23, 2018

I'm not one for writing reviews but, I felt I had to. I am transferring from my current University and was seeking another provider so, I do have some comparable knowledge and experience. Both my existing and new providers were able to offer a seamless, professional, easy and quick process. Feedback was provided instantaneously and major decisions within 24-48 hrs. Only this week I completed my transfer within two days.

So let me inform you of my AIB experience, bearing in mind I am a potential fee-paying customer (I never see myself as a student) paying for Tuition in Business Administration: -

When I was first shopping around (when I joined my current Uni) I did contact the AIB but, was put off by their application process - a lot of paperwork to be completed. By comparison elsewhere, I have only had to complete the salient details. By comparison, AIB is very demanding and IMO very inefficient here.

So when I was looking to move providers, I reluctantly reached out to the AIB, as I thought they could be competitive. The exemption process was so long ago I cannot recall how long it took but, it was between 2-3 WEEKS! - not days but weeks.

Then I mistakenly applied for RPL - that was 4 weeks ago and I still do not have a decision. After yet another deadline been missed; apparently this is imminent but, given that the course is starting soon it was too little and far too late. Plus, the initial feedback is that ultimately I am back to where I was 4 weeks ago so, a complete waste of time and effort.

Only last week I was asked to complete the exemptions form; which I had a decision on 3 weeks ago and, this pretty much sums up my experience - The AIB is so slow and disorganised.

So the application process (which is still ongoing) has taken 7 weeks - which is the length of a module with my current provider!! The result being that I could miss the start of the next course - and there's me thinking I had plenty of time - we are into months now.

The most shocking point was when I was asked to supply my personal login details to my current providers' enrollment site. Seriously what business suggests this - and they want me to pay them for business tuition?!?

There are some strong reviews here and perhaps I may have enjoyed the course if I had of got to that stage but, my experience with the Institution that I am joining is one of; speed, professionalism, integrity, honesty, materials look awesome - and as we learn within the MBA; a much better customer experience.

By contrast, my customer experience with the AIB has been truly awful and, it troubles me that I was even considering spending all that money with them.

If you do apply with the AIB, from my experience (with RPL) you will need about 2-3 months.
With other providers, you will get a decision within the week.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi PWB. We’re very sorry to hear that the enrolment process has discouraged you from studying with AIB. We’re aware that the current process to apply for subject exemptions and RPL is a little tire... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

first subject Leadership. My initial experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 21, 2018

Well, what can I say....? An MBA was always going to be a challenge and I was concerned that I was going to be out of my depth in embarking upon it. However, the structure, the support and the excellent layout of the student learning portal quickly set me up to begin studying.......and it would appear to date, successfully. Don't get me wrong, it requires dedication and time, but at a masters level this is to be expected. Once I found my rhythm and orientation I could knuckle down and hook into the subject and to my surprise started achieving some good results. Having gained a little confidence I am actually looking forward to the exam and the next subject, believing that the biggest learning curve is probably out of the way. From here on in I hope to continue a solid trajectory and continue meeting expectation and hopefully perhaps a little more. I tip my hat to AIB, you managed to get this mature student up to speed and enthusiastic for the future of study. What a good feeling!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Richo, it's absolutely fantastic to hear that your MBA journey is off to such a great start. We really appreciate the feedback! Congratulations to you on taking the plunge and thank you for choosin... read more »

Thanks for the feedback. Exam is out of the way and waiting with anticipation on the result. Next stop...Marketing management...... lookout! I'm keen for the next chapter!! Thanks again!

Vancouver

Verified Customer

Not accommodating for people with disabilities or extenuating circumstances

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 13, 2018

I found the CEO who came to Vancouver and the staff who helped me with the admission quite friendly. In my first subject I was able to score a distinction which gave me a sense of accomplishment. There are people who are helpful too.

However, I found the school to be unaccommodating for people with disabilities or even if something were to happen in life (extenuating circumstances). I strictly found AIB to be inconsiderate at times. Being a person who has completed undergraduate studies in Canada required support for me to succeed and AIB lacks that considerably. Even now, I had provided medical documentation which my doctor clearly stated that I have carpal tunnel syndrome which turned severe which is inhibiting me from writing the assignment and requested to excuse me till this weekend. I was only granted 72 hours and no explanation which does not help the situation at all. There has been absolutely no consideration for the situation I am in. How am I exactly supposed to finish this with the condition of my hand? First of all, I should not be required to mention what medical problem I am going through. After I mentioned the problem I am unable to appreciate how it is being handled. However, if AIB had only listened to the health practitioner's recommendation that would have helped me in managing this assignment. In my opinion, AIB is taking away marks when I have appealed on sufficient medical ground. Thus, my marks in no way is a true reflection of my knowledge of the subject. I find this to be unfair and demotivating as a student who has made a commitment to finish the entire program.

I would urge AIB to look into these matters on a case by case basis that would truly help students. I hope someone listens or takes note. I want this journey to be a memorable and a great learning experience and not one where I am being pushed down when I am trying to bring myself up. At least this is how I am truly feeling.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Rez. We’re very sorry to hear that you’ve not felt you’re getting the support you need to be successful in your studies with us. It’s really important to us at AIB that we provide our students w... read more »

Thank you for replying. I was just trying to reach out to someone for help. Couple of days ago my hand got a little better and I managed to finish the whole work today. I hope to hear from someone ... read more »

Verified Customer

A transformational MBA program.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 09, 2018

I have always wanted to understand the business side of my aviation profession. So, after signing up with AIB to obtain my MBA, I can say that the experience has been transformational. Indeed, I incorporated learnt theories with all my practical experiences. The results have been amazing.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

We're so glad to hear it's been such a transformational experience for your Jason! Fusing aviation with business must've been fascinating and a great way to learn and apply the course theory. Thank you for your review!

My experience with AIB

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 07, 2018

After absenteeism from a classroom for over twenty years, I chose to study at AIB with the goal of becoming a better trained and qualified professional. Having completed my BBA in Logistics and Supply Chain management, I must say, I was in no way disappointed in my institution of choice and will recommend them to anyone wishing to pursue higher education.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you Jeremy! It's fantastic to hear that you've had a great experience studying your BBA with us, and we really appreciate your recommendation. We wish you all the best!

My AIB MBA Experinece

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2018

My name is Euver Naranjo, originally from Venezuela. I’m a Petroleum Engineer and have been working in the oil and gas industry for almost the last 20 years. Since maybe 10 years ago, I’ve been tempted to do something else with my career. English is not my first language, which has meant a number of challenges on the personal and professional front.
With that idea in mind, and after coming to Australia, in 2013 I was introduced to the distance learning program that AIB offered. I convinced a friend of mine and together started the journey. I think that having finalised my MBA is one of the most fulfilling experiences I’ve achieved in my life.
The subjects that I worked during the MBA, my struggles with finding an strategy to source and progress with a project, tackling family matters and very tough work and industry environmental conditions have given me tools to see the world, my life, people, relationships, and the future in a very different way.
To new students, I simply recommend to fully enjoy these few months of their lives and make the best out of this experience that I know, will provide them with self-confidence and knowledge to face any challenge that the future puts in front of them.
Thanks AIB Team for all your help, support, and guidance during all these years.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Euver. Thank you for sharing a review about your MBA journey. It's fantastic to hear that the MBA has been so rewarding for you in your professional and personal life. Thank you for choosing AIB for your Master's degree!

Melbourne, Victoria

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

The MBA that gives you more than you bargained for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Initially I was 'sold' on the idea that I could attain an MBA in 12 months. The reality for those especially working full time and family/personal commitments is that this is unrealistic. Life always gets in the way - work demands, family crisis, health issues, financial pressures and on and on.This was the first lesson I didn't bargain for. Confronting this reality was a humbling and life-long lesson. If something is so important to you, delaying the gratification for doing a job well and succeeding in the end, you can't 'force' it or 'rush' it along just because you want it to be over with. Lesson one: reflection, strategy, action. Studying my MBA with AIB also provided me with student support that validated the fact I was not alone. Other students also struggle, other students also start off with an aspirational notion that invariably goes off track, AIB knows and understands this well and is prepared to back you when reality bites. They do their best to keep you focused and moving along at a pace that works for you at any given time. Lesson two: it is 'my' MBA but I cannot do it alone. I need to accept the support on offer, re-evaluate frequently, rally the support of family and friends and communicate what I need clearly and upfront. Sounds a little like refining my leadership skills/qualities??

The course-based learning was equally good. The theory was terrific, text books and other resources provided were relevant and applying the theory to work-based assignments means that you get to make what you learn relevant for you and 'make it stick' - reinforcing the learning.

Part-way through my studies, AIB introduced a 7week model. Comparing it to the 4 week model, it is fantastic. That little bit of extra time and structure is ideal for people like me who like to try and perfect things (surprise!) amidst a flurry of other work/life demands and expectations, but not too long that you get stuck and procrastinate. I think that AIB have found a good study model. They listen to feedback and make the MBA a relevant product for those wishing to attain it.

By far, the best thing about studying via AIB is the swelling sense of pride in having achieved such a respected and regarded qualification on my own terms. That is why it is aptly called the 'Agile' MBA. If you're thinking about it, just do it.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your MBA journey with us Helen, and congratulations on achieving your MBA. Your focus on the learning experience and knowledge acquired from the MBA will be of great benefit t... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Brilliant Online MBA Course!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

I started my course in 2014 determined and focused to obtain my MBA in 12 months, but it seems that the powers that be have other plans for me and sad to say that the universe has decided to go against me from the moment i started my MBA. It took me almost 3 years to complete the course. In that 3 years; I lost my mum to cancer, had major surgery and had a baby :) but through all of my ups and downs the support that I received from staff, the professors, and student advisors have been exceptional. The encouragement that I have received from all of you at the Australian Institute of Business has been wonderful and I cannot thank you enough for helping me get through my course. The flexibility of the course is absolutely wonderful making it easy for me to juggle working, studying and being a mum.

This MBA has provided me with strategic and managerial training that will be an asset to my work and my employer. So for those of you who are thinking of doing your MBA through AIB, JUST DO IT!!! It is so worth it!!! And for those of you who are currently doing it, hang in there. If you are struggling, get in contact with your Student Success Advisor they are there to help. AIB is a wonderful institution and I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of doing their MBA.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Paula, thank you very much for sharing your MBA experience with us. Such resilience and determination you have displayed throughout your journey. You and your family must be incredibly proud! We ca... read more »

Never thought I'd miss studying

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I am not a 'natural' student. As such, I was hesitant about going back to university. In all honestly however, I loved the AIB's MBA program. The structure was easy to work into my day-to-day life (on top of working full time), and the grading and feedback structure gave me these great little wins once a month. I found this encouraged me to be more involved in the content and on-board the information. As a result, I not only enjoyed the process but got decent grades! The additional support, feedback and availability of academic staff and the student administration team made everything that much more positive. As the title of this review says, I am actually missing the study a bit! Never thought I'd say that.
Post MBA I have made moves reinvigorating my current family business as well as launching a new company in the coming months. I would HIGHLY recommend the AIB's MBA program for those of you looking to increasing your knowledge, furthering your career or professional options, or just wanting to challenge yourself!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Amalia. Thank you for sharing your study journey with us and congratulations on earning your MBA! It's fantastic to hear that it was workable with your job and that you were supported by our tea... read more »

Melbourne

Private message

Incredible Online MBA, Glad I committed. It's helped my career immensely.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2018

The program was incredibly useful in expanding my business knowledge that has increased my confidence and paid large dividends in helping me achieve a substantial promotion.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thanks very much for your review Bob. We're so glad to hear the MBA experience has been so valuable to your career progression and professional development. Thank you for choosing AIB for your MBA!

Verified Customer

MBA - It made a difference for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Having studied the MBA for about 2 and a half years under the 4 weeks per subject format, I enjoyed the study and feel that the course is a very worthwhile qualification to achieve. The first few months of study were an adjustment, working two jobs, not having studied for 30 years. However, once a study routine was established, this made a difference. The final project was challenging, but having the support of AIB academic staff made all the difference. As a CPA in the public service, the MBA has provided excellent training in strategic thinking. My role now involves the preparation of high level board reports, system documentation, section plans and many other documents that would have presented a challenge to write previously.
So is it worth the effort to complete this degree in your personal time? The answer for me is definitely YES! It is also quite good value for money in terms of the cost of MBAs! So give it a go, the AIB is a great institution to work with, very professional!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Congratulations on completing your MBA Joanne! It's fantastic to hear that the study commitment you made and the knowledge you acquired is having such a positive impact in your career. Thank you fo... read more »

Glad I did it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Although I have spent many years in senior management roles, I haven't really studied for anything of this nature or level for 35 years. I found the course to be challenging (as you would expect for an MBA level course) but doable. I really enjoyed the way the course was put together and the materials supplied and I learned way more than I anticipated that I would. I hasten to add that I did the old 4 week format for the MBA and it suited me perfectly. I did have to be very disciplined to complete the course but I didn't feel at any stage that it was too much nor was it ever overwhelming. I did the all the subjects back to back and completed the course in a little over 14 months (caused by an enforced break due to hospitalisation after an accident which meant that I missed an exam which sat at a later date). I did the final project under the newer 7 week framework and I must say that I still preferred the 4 week format. Maybe you could offer both?
The course work itself was relevant and engaging and I found researching and completing assignments to be more fun and rewarding than I ever expected to. Although I only needed to get assistance once during the MBA, I found the help that I got was immediate and thorough. The 3 hour exams were challenging and did provide a level of stress but it is what I would expect when doing a qualification at this level.
I have read through some of the responses on this site and I am a little dumbfounded at some of the reviews that didn't rate this course highly although I note that the vast majority rate this highly as do I. Perhaps for some it is always someone else fault?
If you are hesitant in furthering your education and gaining a relevant and rewarding qualification then my advice is to stop procrastinating, sign up and have a go. In comparison to many other courses this one is pretty good value for money and has already assisted in securing me advancement in the organisation within which I work.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Jezza. Thank you very much for your review. It's fantastic to hear that the study journey was so rewarding and has assisted with your career advancement! We're so glad that our MBA was the right... read more »

MBA - worth more than words can describe

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

AIB provide the opportunity to gain an MBA whilst running a business and supporting a family. The MBA structure, delivery and dead lines assist in driving your performance throughout the entire journey, which continues into real life, resulting in a healthy return on your investment.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Luke. It's great to hear that our course structure fit in well with your work, family life and how you like to learn. Thank you for reflecting on your MBA journey and congratulations on your achievement!

The MBA has impacted my salary

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Since starting the MBA with AIB, my employer has not changed. It took me 12 months to complete. My salary increases by +80% and I went from being a Project Engineer, to being a state business manager.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your MBA journey JMD. Congratulations on your promotion and significant salary increase. It's fantastic to hear that your hard work throughout the MBA has paid off!

Orange

• 1 answer

Absolutely worth it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

I was able to manage a great work, study and life balance, which meant I could achieve what I wanted to in my studies and still have more than enough time for my 6 children. Great material, great staff and a practical engaging program to apply to real life business issues. Best MBA program!!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Sally. Thanks so much for your review. Wow, you really are super mum! That's incredible. Thank you for choosing AIB for your MBA!

The AIB Adventure!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

My 2 year journey was a terrific adventure with all the light, dark and bright tonalities of all adventures. The academic support was amazing and I nick-named the academic support team the SRS (student rescue squad :)). The degree helped to contextualise all my years of experience and has given me confidence to communicate as a subject matter expert. It has given me depth of knowledge and added value to my workplace. Networking with other students was particularly rewarding with some lifelong friendships forged through shared experiences. Not for the faint hearted - but highly recommended for those with a thirst for knowledge, hard work and adventure!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thanks for reflecting on your MBA experience here Delna and for your lovely feedback. It's great to hear the learning journey is proving valuable in your workplace and you forged great connections ... read more »

1 of 9 pages