Verified Purchase

Great decision and very rewarding

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2017

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for reflecting on your MBA journey so far with AIB! We’re delighted to hear it has been a rewarding and enjoyable experience, and that our staff have been able to help you along the way. ... read more »

The reward was worth all of the hard work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Working full time and studying is always a challenge. I found the AIB MBA format allowed me to manage my study time around both work and family time, the format of the workbooks allowed me to breakdown the work into manageable blocks which in turn allowed me to plan my days to ensure I maximized all available time.
I really enjoyed completing the MBA and have been able to incorporate the theory into both my short and long term decision making at work. I have and would recommend undertaking an AIB MBA.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Dale. Thank you for sharing your study experience with AIB. We’re delighted to hear that our programme was the right fit for you, and that it’s adding value to your career now and in the long te... read more »

Ferntree Gully

Private message

A hard road travelled, but worth every minute

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I moved across to AIB to complete my Masters of Business Administration, initially I was apprehensive about the workload and scheduling, but after completing in April, have found that not only was my capability much higher than I expected, the experience has really proved to me that I do have the understanding, skills and experience at the tertiary level of Masters. I highly recommend the AIB Masters program, knowing that if you are truly at that level, this is the way to do it.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you very much for posting about your MBA experience Therese. It’s great to hear that our programme was challenging yet rewarding, and ultimately the right fit for you. Congratulations on completing your MBA!

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

This is not my first experience with higher education, but I can safely say I have learnt more about myself, and the subjects I have been learning than with any other school or university. The academic staff are knowledgable, but are actual people. They understand that their students are predominantly working professionals, most with families and little spare time. They have been very supportive and welcome students who get involved. If they expanded their degrees on offer, I would without question sign up for another one.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Amalia. Thank you for your kind feedback - we will happily pass it on to our Academic team. It’s fantastic to hear that the experience has been so valuable and that you’ve learned so much throughout the MBA. Thank you!

Extremely happy with AIB

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

G'day all,

I have just completed and now received the final grade for my Project and I achieved a Distinction. To say I am ecstatic, would be an understatement. To the staff and academics at AIB, a sincere and heartfelt thankyou. When I needed support and extensions after my mothers sudden death last year, AIB were fantastic and certainly demonstrated the 'work applied learning' component of Human Resource Mnagement.

I have greatly enjoyed the learning of my MBA journey and I know I am a far better school principal and leader as a result of what I have both learnt and applied. Thanks again to AIB and I look forward to having my weeknights and weekends back.

Sean

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your experience with AIB Sean, and congratulations on your Distinction! What a great way to conclude your MBA. Thank you for your kind words. The stress of pending deadlines ... read more »

Excellent experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

I have been surprised at how useful my MBA has really been. There was great support from academic and admin staff all of who are very professional and customer focused. I would highly recommend this program to people who are self-starters and motivated. Great resources and great learning.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Kirstie. Thank you very much for posting a review about your studies with AIB. We're thrilled to hear the value of the MBA has been pleasantly surprising, and that the support you received while... read more »

Get it done.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

I found AIB very flexible to work into my already busy life. Key study hacks I'd give to students is:

1) Make it work for you. Fit in with your individual lifestyle and needs aka find your groove and stick to it. I got on a roll after the third topic and just kept it rolling on. If you enjoy it, you'll do better. I got in the habit of waking up every morning at 5am to have the house to myself for 3-4 hours while the wife and kids slept. Game-changer.

2) You probably won't have time to learn every subject in its entirety before needi
ng to start on your assignment/final study/etc. So focus on doing what you need to do to get the pass. Don't get lost in endless reading or, worse still, Youtubing. Get organised > get a working overview > get the assignment in on time > learn as you go > study hard in the lead up to the exams so it's fresh in your memory > get good at preparing and writing essays > practise writing in appropriate academic report style.

3) Exams. Open book! Yes, Really! Take advantage. Highlight systematically. Use different colours to signify different topis/subject/uses/themes. Post it note all key pages with relevant subjects. You only need to write 4 decent papers to get a solid result. Prep for 7-8 topics in case the ones you're expecting to ace aren't there.

4) Re: tough subjects. I found the math for FMGT tough. Put in the extra work. Even if you're not totally understanding everything 100% just keep on 'doing' it and doing it again until eventually it will start to click into place for you. Remember, you only 50% to pass. Everything above 49% = a win!

5) Final project. Keep some rough ideas in mind as you progress of what you enjoy. If you enjoy it, trust me you'll do better. Read the provided guides thoroughly before you start. They really help. Book conversations with an academic. Make notes of what they say. Very helpful. Very. Also make notes of questions you want to ask. Better to write them down than think you'll remember. You (probably) won't. Pick a good subject organisation with guaranteed accessibility of research.

6) MBA isn't a golden ticket to success. You still have to actually get out there and nail a new job/promotion. But it sure as hell opens the door to a lot of opportunities that otherwise would be closed.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing so many valuable study tips and recommendations Jack. It's great to hear that our programme allowed you the flexibility needed to fit the MBA into your life. Congratulations on completing your MBA!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Worst experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

I shouldn't have wasted my 2 years with AIB. There was Absolutely no support, no value for time and no respect.
Very bad experience !!!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Hali. We’re very sorry and concerned to receive this feedback about your experience. We’d like to get in contact with you to discuss this and learn what led you to feel this way, as providing ou... read more »

singh.haninder365@gmail.com / 0406178556

More Lecturing Required

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

Support is good however you teach yourself throughout MBA program. It will be good to have some virtual Lectures. Self learning needs lot of commitment. It will be nice if AIB employ their staff to do online Lecturing to support students.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Kanijas. Thank you for feedback! It’s great to hear that our support team were valuable throughout your studies with AIB. We’re also glad to share that based on feedback from many students lik... read more »

Verified Purchase

Experience studying with AIB

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

The school:
The Australian Institute of Business (AIB) is an exceptional practical school that challenges the student to think beyond the textbook. My initial experience with AIB is extremely positive in that I have gained knowledge through their work applied learning model. Being a millennial, I initially found the MBA to be one of the most challenging tasks to achieve because it requires a student to be an 'out of box' thinker and provide recommendations where necessary.

The academics:
I must say, the AIB academics, are the most helpfu
l I have encountered. They provided me with ways to improve and I appreciated that specific quality. They are truly servant leaders.

The AIB materials:
The AIB style guide enabled me to become a better writer. Its tips outlined a recipe that can be used even after the MBA completion.

Generally, I can and will only provide a positive review to AIB having been a student with many personal and professional challenges because this program was well developed and geared to the current industry requirements.

Continued growth and success to AIB. I wish any prospective student to value the key highlights of this review when deciding where to pursue their MBA.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Kavita. Thank you for sharing your experience studying with AIB. We’re thrilled to hear that the programme was both challenging and rewarding, and that our academics added such value to your lea... read more »

Excellent support

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

One of the things that I found really helpful was the support from academic and administrative. This support helps to manage the course in a better way.
Definitively, the on distance system help a lot to manage life, work and stud, and the effort worth it considering the knowledge and skills obtained.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Mariot. Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback about our student support here at AIB. We’re thrilled to hear that our academics and student admin teams added value to your study experience.

Taupiri

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Worth the investment

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for your review and for recommending our MBA programme! You’re certainly right in saying that planning and preparation are key to succeeding in an online MBA. We’re glad to hear it was a ... read more »

This is fantastic, and can only make the journey more rewarding

1 of 12 pages