If you want your MBA handed to you on a platter... Look elsewhere, you earn this one!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 21, 2017

I completed the MBA at AIB in 2015, 14 months of hard yakka at 65. Great experience, luckily I have the self discipline to do the 24 hrs a week plus a full time management role. Yes, the handwritten exams were full on. Supposed to be! I can see where someone who had mum do everything for them would struggle. That's good for those of us who didn't. Am doing a second masters at the moment that is much easier, not sure it will have the same searing memories of early morning study before work. Would not hesitate to do it again.

Good luck to all you prospective battlers, go for it!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thanks for reflecting on your MBA journey, Flash. It’s great to hear that, two years on, you value the time and effort you put into the MBA. All the best with your second master’s degree. You sure like to keep busy!

Brisbane

• 7 helpful votes

Self paced-self learned

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2017

Hi,
Its good institute to do MBA yourself. No help from Lecturers in regards to teaching. It's good only if you can do it yourself

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for your review Jol. While online study requires a certain level of autonomy, Academic support is particularly important throughout the MBA journey, so we’re sorry to hear you have not re... read more »

Adelaide, SA

• 2 answers
  • 14 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Excellent program for self-paced learning very helpful administration

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

Recommend this course to anyone wanting to enhance their learning of upper management, enhancing your resume or making yourself more appealing to change industry. What i believe is that anyone with 10+ years work experience would be able to breeze through this course with relative ease. I do take my hat off to the kids doing this straight out of school as they have little/no experience to draw on. I found relating each subject to an actual experience very helpful. Content perhaps a little old with online video's and course topic notes to download but overall no complaints. Being able to allocate time between home, work, studies was challenging but do-able, i managed on all weekend studies and a few hours mid-week where possible. Make sure you join the Skype groups and class webinars - very very useful to get opinions and ideas from your peers.! Now i am on my last two subjects and just the project to go soon then i will be done. I had a medical/compassionate event that AIB were very helpful with, so i had one subject delayed. Assuming i pass each subject first time it will be all up 16 months as not all my elective subjects aligned to be available in consecutive months. Do it.!! Very rewarding...

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing about your MBA experience with AIB. It's great to hear that you've found applying the course content to your professional experiences helpful, as this will assist in making th... read more »

A terrifically rewarding experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I started the AIB MBA course as I retired from formal employment at the age of 66. I was concerned that my age (concentration, memory etc) may be a disadvantage. The opposite was the case. The study was stimulating, fascinating and satisfying. The whole process was delivered in an extremely professional, helpful and well-planned way. I thoroughly enjoyed my experience and look forward to donning the Mortar Board and Gown in November. Thank you AIB!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi David. Congratulations on completing your MBA! We're sure your practical career experiences played a big role in making the MBA journey so enjoyable as you were able to apply the learning to per... read more »

Personal reward

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I had the best time with this, the whole team at AIB were committed to helping me achieve my goals. Work-life can get in the way of what you seek in personal achievement but the people at AIB, from the guys in student support to senior Professors work with you (sometimes even on weekends) to assist you.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for posting about your MBA journey with AIB, Paul. We're delighted to hear that our support staff and academics were there to help when needed and that the experience overall was enjoyabl... read more »

Highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

I have thoroughly enjoyed my learning journey with AIB and couldn’t recommend them highly enough. I have been challenged and supported from the start and the team have been extremely helpful whenever I’ve needed assistance. Keep up the great work! I think this is the way tertiary education should be delivered, well done.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Congratulations on completing your MBA Jacobus! It's fantastic to hear that you've enjoyed the learning approach at AIB and recommend our MBA programme to others. Thank you for your kind words.

The Agile MBA with credibaility

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2017

When researching for the best MBA to invest my time and money in the AIB MBA program delivered on everything I was hoping for. Many MBA programs from Universities are traditionally a networking program where assignments are completed in groups without really testing your understanding of the subjects. I believe the 4 ½ hour exams for each subjects provides the AIB qualification with higher credibility due to the fact that 75% of your marks depends on passing the exam. The MBA was stressful and hard work. If your motivation is just getting an MBA by participating in group projects and getting a piece of paper for career advancement then this one is not for you!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Jacques. Thank you for leaving a review about your MBA experience - we're glad to hear it met your expectations. It's certainly hard work, but a worthwhile journey in the end. Congratulations on completing your MBA!

Trinidad and Tobago

• 2 comments

Verified Customer

AIB does not care about its International students

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 04, 2017

I first enrolled for AIB's MBA Programme in 2015 after going to an info session where an AIB representative discussed the pros of doing the accelerated Programme and its high ranking. They spoke of a highly-flexible program and an ideal MBA for working people. It was unfortunate for me that on the heels of my first exam I caught 'chikungunya' - the crippling virus as it is known, which impaired my ability to function in the exam and I subsequently had relapses for the other courses I had enrolled for. I subsequently stopped the program, as I was losing money until I was physically and mentally able to resume my studies (because AIB was unwilling to take into account my medical report and stuck to their policy). I later re-enrolled in the latter part of 2016. Since being in this program it's been a downhill battle with this institution. They are the most inflexible school, I've been in. I have never heard the word, "policy" used so many times in my lifetime. They say they are understanding, but seldom do they favour the student. They seldom take into account mitigating circumstances to make an informed decision and I don't think they grant the teaching centre (TC) autonomy or give them the space to mediate or present a case for the student. AIB sees the bottomline; they're highly procedural and policy-oriented to a T, but they are NOT student-driven. Another point to mention, AIB has no system in place for late enrollments and neither do they treat with financial issues.

Every month there seems to be an issue with this institution. Of late they have been making a lot of technical changes and re-structuring of courses. When I re- enrolled no one informed me that as a resit student, certain changes in the course would not be applicable to me. So when I was enrolled to do Strategic Management a few months back, from inception I was sent learning materials and informed of AIBs introduction of group assignments, which was now mandatory. I was placed in a group by the lecturer on the first day of class and this set the tone of how the class was conducted. I was put as the group lead, however when I attempted to submit our assignment, there was nothing on the system granting me access to do so and subsequently my colleague had to submit. I wrote the TC and AIB to get my grade (as none was assigned to me), which was eventually awarded. However in the midst of everything I fell ill and was unable to successfully complete my individual assignment, which affected my final grade. Although I passed both the group and the exam, it was insufficient. I wrote AIB on this. Subsequently I was told that I had to resit the exam and assignment and pay the 275AUD. They wanted me to pay for a review but I could not afford it. I asked about re- submitting the assignment and was told that nothing could have been done as the query time had passed. I replied and stated that my correspondence was sent on 'x' date and they told me to get in touch with my TC for re-enrollment.

To date it's been no end of issues with this institution and my latest problem has been with AIB's militant approach.
1. There's nothing in place for late enrollment - I had a financial setback, contacted the TC but the persons who spearhead the MBA were out of the country. I wrote one and he replied to me on whatsapp stating that they could make the arrangement. However, due to a few things this was only done when they returned of which time the invoice expired and I received a notice from AIB stating that it was rejected because the deadline for enrollment had passed (by a day or two). I was unable to do this month's module.
2. To add insult to injury, they wrote me saying to enroll for the next month; my TC also wrote me. Upon enrolling, a few days later AIB sent a rejection letter stating that I have now passed 3yrs and will have to apply for an extension to continue the MBA. AIB I assume has a student profile in their database; I have sent medical reports, letters and the lot over time to AIB. As was mandatory and their policy, my TC had to write them last year October of my re-entry into the Programme. When I contacted my TC, they informed me that this was AIB policy and they've tried in the past and AIB stands on its procedures and policies.
3. To whose benefit? AIB's approach to everything it seems (where its international student body is concerned, at least) is to be difficult and militant. This goes against its purported flexibility and student-focus.

I cannot recommend an institution like this. It is anti-student and not beneficial to education or progress. I regret ever applying to this school.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Nomi. We’re very sorry to hear that your experience studying via a teaching centre has not met expectations. We would like to assure you that the MBA journey for all students, regardless of thei... read more »

Good day, I'm not seeing an area to private message you.

Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for letting us know. We have sent you a private message via Product Review. If you're still unable to access the message, please email [email protected] Thanks again.

Melbourne, Victoria

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Flexibility, hard work and satisfaction

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2017

Commuting between Sydney & Melbourne for work, a senior executive role and studying an MBA all together is a challenge but the self satisfaction is enormous.

I like the flexible study patterns the course offers and the content was relevant to my career and future plans. One suggestion is to do it for yourself...not the job, the boss, the money or the prestige. This makes it so much more intrinsically rewarding. The other things will come from the success.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Congratulations on your MBA Rohan! It's great to hear that it's been a rewarding experience for you and that the structure of the MBA worked well with your busy schedule. We hope to see you at Graduation in November. Thank you!

melbourne

Serioulsy Old-Fashioned. AVOID.

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

- An online MBA business course that has no online lectures? Seriously.
- The course has PDFs topic guides to download and read. Or one can listen to a voice-over artist read it aloud. Sadly, these topic guides were written as audio scripts and long-winded are a seriously weird way to educate and let alone inspire.
- The main teaching effort was to explain ad nauseum the convoluted assignments set.
- AIB only allows paper textbooks into open book exams. ( E-books ? Duh!)
- The two-hour exams must be handwritten - pen on paper ! Seriously old-fashioned. (Quill and frilly cuffs anyone?)
- Sure AIB is based in backwater Adelaide, but even so, the AIB MBA business course has the cheek to brand itself as 'Agile', when the only 'Agile' aspect of AIB is the delusions of their marketing department.

Avoid AIB. try Griffith University MBA (well rated) or look overseas were real innovation and 'agile' delivery of online education is authentic.
- AIB- maybe they should specialize in 18th Century history & technology.

Mick

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Mick. Thanks for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear the learning experience was not as you had hoped. From reading your comments, it sounds like you may have studied or are still studying subje... read more »

Hi AIB thanks for your frank self-assessment of what will be. I agree absolutely -prospective students should wait three-years until you modernize! In the meantime look elsewhere. Your current o... read more »

The reward was worth all of the hard work

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2017

Working full time and studying is always a challenge. I found the AIB MBA format allowed me to manage my study time around both work and family time, the format of the workbooks allowed me to breakdown the work into manageable blocks which in turn allowed me to plan my days to ensure I maximized all available time.
I really enjoyed completing the MBA and have been able to incorporate the theory into both my short and long term decision making at work. I have and would recommend undertaking an AIB MBA.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Dale. Thank you for sharing your study experience with AIB. We’re delighted to hear that our programme was the right fit for you, and that it’s adding value to your career now and in the long te... read more »

Ferntree Gully

Private message

A hard road travelled, but worth every minute

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2017

I moved across to AIB to complete my Masters of Business Administration, initially I was apprehensive about the workload and scheduling, but after completing in April, have found that not only was my capability much higher than I expected, the experience has really proved to me that I do have the understanding, skills and experience at the tertiary level of Masters. I highly recommend the AIB Masters program, knowing that if you are truly at that level, this is the way to do it.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you very much for posting about your MBA experience Therese. It’s great to hear that our programme was challenging yet rewarding, and ultimately the right fit for you. Congratulations on completing your MBA!

Great Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 21, 2017

This is not my first experience with higher education, but I can safely say I have learnt more about myself, and the subjects I have been learning than with any other school or university. The academic staff are knowledgable, but are actual people. They understand that their students are predominantly working professionals, most with families and little spare time. They have been very supportive and welcome students who get involved. If they expanded their degrees on offer, I would without question sign up for another one.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Amalia. Thank you for your kind feedback - we will happily pass it on to our Academic team. It’s fantastic to hear that the experience has been so valuable and that you’ve learned so much throughout the MBA. Thank you!

Extremely happy with AIB

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2017

G'day all,

I have just completed and now received the final grade for my Project and I achieved a Distinction. To say I am ecstatic, would be an understatement. To the staff and academics at AIB, a sincere and heartfelt thankyou. When I needed support and extensions after my mothers sudden death last year, AIB were fantastic and certainly demonstrated the 'work applied learning' component of Human Resource Mnagement.

I have greatly enjoyed the learning of my MBA journey and I know I am a far better school principal and leader as a result of what I have both learnt and applied. Thanks again to AIB and I look forward to having my weeknights and weekends back.

Sean

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your experience with AIB Sean, and congratulations on your Distinction! What a great way to conclude your MBA. Thank you for your kind words. The stress of pending deadlines ... read more »

Excellent experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 18, 2017

I have been surprised at how useful my MBA has really been. There was great support from academic and admin staff all of who are very professional and customer focused. I would highly recommend this program to people who are self-starters and motivated. Great resources and great learning.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Kirstie. Thank you very much for posting a review about your studies with AIB. We're thrilled to hear the value of the MBA has been pleasantly surprising, and that the support you received while... read more »

Get it done.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

I found AIB very flexible to work into my already busy life. Key study hacks I'd give to students is:

1) Make it work for you. Fit in with your individual lifestyle and needs aka find your groove and stick to it. I got on a roll after the third topic and just kept it rolling on. If you enjoy it, you'll do better. I got in the habit of waking up every morning at 5am to have the house to myself for 3-4 hours while the wife and kids slept. Game-changer.

2) You probably won't have time to learn every subject in its entirety before needing to start on your assignment/final study/etc. So focus on doing what you need to do to get the pass. Don't get lost in endless reading or, worse still, Youtubing. Get organised > get a working overview > get the assignment in on time > learn as you go > study hard in the lead up to the exams so it's fresh in your memory > get good at preparing and writing essays > practise writing in appropriate academic report style.

3) Exams. Open book! Yes, Really! Take advantage. Highlight systematically. Use different colours to signify different topis/subject/uses/themes. Post it note all key pages with relevant subjects. You only need to write 4 decent papers to get a solid result. Prep for 7-8 topics in case the ones you're expecting to ace aren't there.

4) Re: tough subjects. I found the math for FMGT tough. Put in the extra work. Even if you're not totally understanding everything 100% just keep on 'doing' it and doing it again until eventually it will start to click into place for you. Remember, you only 50% to pass. Everything above 49% = a win!

5) Final project. Keep some rough ideas in mind as you progress of what you enjoy. If you enjoy it, trust me you'll do better. Read the provided guides thoroughly before you start. They really help. Book conversations with an academic. Make notes of what they say. Very helpful. Very. Also make notes of questions you want to ask. Better to write them down than think you'll remember. You (probably) won't. Pick a good subject organisation with guaranteed accessibility of research.

6) MBA isn't a golden ticket to success. You still have to actually get out there and nail a new job/promotion. But it sure as hell opens the door to a lot of opportunities that otherwise would be closed.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing so many valuable study tips and recommendations Jack. It's great to hear that our programme allowed you the flexibility needed to fit the MBA into your life. Congratulations on completing your MBA!

• 1 review
  • 1 comment

Worst experience

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2017

I shouldn't have wasted my 2 years with AIB. There was Absolutely no support, no value for time and no respect.
Very bad experience !!!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Hali. We’re very sorry and concerned to receive this feedback about your experience. We’d like to get in contact with you to discuss this and learn what led you to feel this way, as providing ou... read more »

[email protected] / 0406178556

More Lecturing Required

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 11, 2017

Support is good however you teach yourself throughout MBA program. It will be good to have some virtual Lectures. Self learning needs lot of commitment. It will be nice if AIB employ their staff to do online Lecturing to support students.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Kanijas. Thank you for feedback! It’s great to hear that our support team were valuable throughout your studies with AIB. We’re also glad to share that based on feedback from many students lik... read more »

Excellent support

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

One of the things that I found really helpful was the support from academic and administrative. This support helps to manage the course in a better way.
Definitively, the on distance system help a lot to manage life, work and stud, and the effort worth it considering the knowledge and skills obtained.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Mariot. Thank you for sharing such lovely feedback about our student support here at AIB. We’re thrilled to hear that our academics and student admin teams added value to your study experience.

Taupiri

Worth the investment

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2017

As a distance student it was difficult managing work, home and study. The targets for one assignment and one exam each month proved to be the best success factors of the course in my experience. The financial outlay was worth the duration of the course and the course content.
For AIB to improve others experiences I'd recommend one course over a 6 week period with material available as speaking e-books and compulsory forum postings and activities. These give students the chance to maximise their study time and give consideration to life's-happenings that always interrupt priorities. For people thinking of taking this degree...I can recommend it. However, don't underestimate the workload and your ability to self-teach. Make a plan, revise it often to ensure you meet your deadlines. When you are stuck...make a plan to work yourself out of it.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for your review and for recommending our MBA programme! You’re certainly right in saying that planning and preparation are key to succeeding in an online MBA. We’re glad to hear it was a ... read more »

This is fantastic, and can only make the journey more rewarding

1 of 6 pages