Melbourne, Victoria

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

The MBA that gives you more than you bargained for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 14, 2018

Initially I was 'sold' on the idea that I could attain an MBA in 12 months. The reality for those especially working full time and family/personal commitments is that this is unrealistic. Life always gets in the way - work demands, family crisis, health issues, financial pressures and on and on.This was the first lesson I didn't bargain for. Confronting this reality was a humbling and life-long lesson. If something is so important to you, delaying the gratification for doing a job well and succeeding in the end, you can't 'force' it or 'rush' it along just because you want it to be over with. Lesson one: reflection, strategy, action. Studying my MBA with AIB also provided me with student support that validated the fact I was not alone. Other students also struggle, other students also start off with an aspirational notion that invariably goes off track, AIB knows and understands this well and is prepared to back you when reality bites. They do their best to keep you focused and moving along at a pace that works for you at any given time. Lesson two: it is 'my' MBA but I cannot do it alone. I need to accept the support on offer, re-evaluate frequently, rally the support of family and friends and communicate what I need clearly and upfront. Sounds a little like refining my leadership skills/qualities??

The course-based learning was equally good. The theory was terrific, text books and other resources provided were relevant and applying the theory to work-based assignments means that you get to make what you learn relevant for you and 'make it stick' - reinforcing the learning.

Part-way through my studies, AIB introduced a 7week model. Comparing it to the 4 week model, it is fantastic. That little bit of extra time and structure is ideal for people like me who like to try and perfect things (surprise!) amidst a flurry of other work/life demands and expectations, but not too long that you get stuck and procrastinate. I think that AIB have found a good study model. They listen to feedback and make the MBA a relevant product for those wishing to attain it.

By far, the best thing about studying via AIB is the swelling sense of pride in having achieved such a respected and regarded qualification on my own terms. That is why it is aptly called the 'Agile' MBA. If you're thinking about it, just do it.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your MBA journey with us Helen, and congratulations on achieving your MBA. Your focus on the learning experience and knowledge acquired from the MBA will be of great benefit t... read more »

Brilliant Online MBA Course!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 04, 2018

I started my course in 2014 determined and focused to obtain my MBA in 12 months, but it seems that the powers that be have other plans for me and sad to say that the universe has decided to go against me from the moment i started my MBA. It took me almost 3 years to complete the course. In that 3 years; I lost my mum to cancer, had major surgery and had a baby :) but through all of my ups and downs the support that I received from staff, the professors, and student advisors have been exceptional. The encouragement that I have received from all of you at the Australian Institute of Business has been wonderful and I cannot thank you enough for helping me get through my course. The flexibility of the course is absolutely wonderful making it easy for me to juggle working, studying and being a mum.

This MBA has provided me with strategic and managerial training that will be an asset to my work and my employer. So for those of you who are thinking of doing your MBA through AIB, JUST DO IT!!! It is so worth it!!! And for those of you who are currently doing it, hang in there. If you are struggling, get in contact with your Student Success Advisor they are there to help. AIB is a wonderful institution and I highly recommend it to anyone thinking of doing their MBA.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Paula, thank you very much for sharing your MBA experience with us. Such resilience and determination you have displayed throughout your journey. You and your family must be incredibly proud! We ca... read more »

Never thought I'd miss studying

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2018

I am not a 'natural' student. As such, I was hesitant about going back to university. In all honestly however, I loved the AIB's MBA program. The structure was easy to work into my day-to-day life (on top of working full time), and the grading and feedback structure gave me these great little wins once a month. I found this encouraged me to be more involved in the content and on-board the information. As a result, I not only enjoyed the process but got decent grades! The additional support, feedback and availability of academic staff and the student administration team made everything that much more positive. As the title of this review says, I am actually missing the study a bit! Never thought I'd say that.
Post MBA I have made moves reinvigorating my current family business as well as launching a new company in the coming months. I would HIGHLY recommend the AIB's MBA program for those of you looking to increasing your knowledge, furthering your career or professional options, or just wanting to challenge yourself!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Amalia. Thank you for sharing your study journey with us and congratulations on earning your MBA! It's fantastic to hear that it was workable with your job and that you were supported by our tea... read more »

Incredible Online MBA, Glad I committed. It's helped my career immensely.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2018

The program was incredibly useful in expanding my business knowledge that has increased my confidence and paid large dividends in helping me achieve a substantial promotion.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thanks very much for your review Bob. We're so glad to hear the MBA experience has been so valuable to your career progression and professional development. Thank you for choosing AIB for your MBA!

Verified Customer

MBA - It made a difference for me!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2018

Having studied the MBA for about 2 and a half years under the 4 weeks per subject format, I enjoyed the study and feel that the course is a very worthwhile qualification to achieve. The first few months of study were an adjustment, working two jobs, not having studied for 30 years. However, once a study routine was established, this made a difference. The final project was challenging, but having the support of AIB academic staff made all the difference. As a CPA in the public service, the MBA has provided excellent training in strategic thinking. My role now involves the preparation of high level board reports, system documentation, section plans and many other documents that would have presented a challenge to write previously.
So is it worth the effort to complete this degree in your personal time? The answer for me is definitely YES! It is also quite good value for money in terms of the cost of MBAs! So give it a go, the AIB is a great institution to work with, very professional!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Congratulations on completing your MBA Joanne! It's fantastic to hear that the study commitment you made and the knowledge you acquired is having such a positive impact in your career. Thank you fo... read more »

Glad I did it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

Although I have spent many years in senior management roles, I haven't really studied for anything of this nature or level for 35 years. I found the course to be challenging (as you would expect for an MBA level course) but doable. I really enjoyed the way the course was put together and the materials supplied and I learned way more than I anticipated that I would. I hasten to add that I did the old 4 week format for the MBA and it suited me perfectly. I did have to be very disciplined to complete the course but I didn't feel at any stage that it was too much nor was it ever overwhelming. I did the all the subjects back to back and completed the course in a little over 14 months (caused by an enforced break due to hospitalisation after an accident which meant that I missed an exam which sat at a later date). I did the final project under the newer 7 week framework and I must say that I still preferred the 4 week format. Maybe you could offer both?
The course work itself was relevant and engaging and I found researching and completing assignments to be more fun and rewarding than I ever expected to. Although I only needed to get assistance once during the MBA, I found the help that I got was immediate and thorough. The 3 hour exams were challenging and did provide a level of stress but it is what I would expect when doing a qualification at this level.
I have read through some of the responses on this site and I am a little dumbfounded at some of the reviews that didn't rate this course highly although I note that the vast majority rate this highly as do I. Perhaps for some it is always someone else fault?
If you are hesitant in furthering your education and gaining a relevant and rewarding qualification then my advice is to stop procrastinating, sign up and have a go. In comparison to many other courses this one is pretty good value for money and has already assisted in securing me advancement in the organisation within which I work.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Jezza. Thank you very much for your review. It's fantastic to hear that the study journey was so rewarding and has assisted with your career advancement! We're so glad that our MBA was the right... read more »

MBA - worth more than words can describe

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

AIB provide the opportunity to gain an MBA whilst running a business and supporting a family. The MBA structure, delivery and dead lines assist in driving your performance throughout the entire journey, which continues into real life, resulting in a healthy return on your investment.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Luke. It's great to hear that our course structure fit in well with your work, family life and how you like to learn. Thank you for reflecting on your MBA journey and congratulations on your achievement!

The MBA has impacted my salary

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

Since starting the MBA with AIB, my employer has not changed. It took me 12 months to complete. My salary increases by +80% and I went from being a Project Engineer, to being a state business manager.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your MBA journey JMD. Congratulations on your promotion and significant salary increase. It's fantastic to hear that your hard work throughout the MBA has paid off!

Orange

• 1 answer

Absolutely worth it!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

I was able to manage a great work, study and life balance, which meant I could achieve what I wanted to in my studies and still have more than enough time for my 6 children. Great material, great staff and a practical engaging program to apply to real life business issues. Best MBA program!!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Sally. Thanks so much for your review. Wow, you really are super mum! That's incredible. Thank you for choosing AIB for your MBA!

The AIB Adventure!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 22, 2018

My 2 year journey was a terrific adventure with all the light, dark and bright tonalities of all adventures. The academic support was amazing and I nick-named the academic support team the SRS (student rescue squad :)). The degree helped to contextualise all my years of experience and has given me confidence to communicate as a subject matter expert. It has given me depth of knowledge and added value to my workplace. Networking with other students was particularly rewarding with some lifelong friendships forged through shared experiences. Not for the faint hearted - but highly recommended for those with a thirst for knowledge, hard work and adventure!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thanks for reflecting on your MBA experience here Delna and for your lovely feedback. It's great to hear the learning journey is proving valuable in your workplace and you forged great connections ... read more »

Cane Farm, Arouca

• 1 answer

Awesome experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 11, 2018

This MBA is practical, current and relevant. My AIB experience has been an awesome one, the Academic and administrative support of my Teaching Centre, Sital College of Tertiary Education was tremendous. As a mature student, the program was ideal for me. I worked at a financial institution which was very demanding. However, the structure of the programme gave me the flexibility I needed to be able to complete my assignments on a timely basis. It was challenging but with the support of my family, sticking to timelines and putting in 30 hours per week made it manageable. I loved the fact that the AIB’s Learning Material provided all the required information for the successful completion of the program.

The wealth of knowledge obtained assisted me on the job. I was able to apply theory to practical situations, which helped me to understand why people behave the way they do, and how through emotional intelligence I was able to manage different personalities. I have learned so much, and have seen tremendous growth in my personal life regarding my self-confidence. Iinvestment in this MBA was the best academic decision I could have made in my life.

It is never too late to follow your dreams, stick to the guidelines, and you will succeed.

I give God all the thanks and praise for the successful completion of my MBA. I also wish to thank AIB and Sital for this tremendous opportunity.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Gale. Thank you very much for sharing your MBA journey with us. We’re delighted to hear it was a truly valuable experience and enabled growth professionally and personally for you. Thank you for choosing AIB and SITAL to study your MBA!

Amazing Experience and Learning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 19, 2018

My experience whilst studying with AIB was amazing to say the least. The team are keen to help students succeed and are always available to help work through challenges and provide support.
Through the core and elective modules, I was able to apply my learning immediately into the workplace and they spurred a new sense of personal innovation, particularly when looking at strategy and analysis - both major benefits in my role as a Senior Leader for a Casino group.
I am typically a procrastinator (!), however the study timetable set by AIB helped me move through the degree with ease. I allocated about 10 hours per week to reading and writing assignments, which was easily accomplished on my days off of work (even after work was possible!)
My advise to other students is to have fun with the Masters and remind yourself of the many benefits it will bring in the future, particularly when employers are looking at your qualification capabilities (not just experience). I had a notepad next to me right throughout my studies and wrote down every new idea that popped into my head (and there were many!) - I suggest you do the same, either for study/assignment purposes or for your workplace or personal life!

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for sharing your MBA experience here, Jai. It’s fantastic to hear that the course had such an impact on your work! We can imagine how long that list of ideas would’ve been by the time you... read more »

Best opportunity I have ever been given

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

Being able to do the MBA in my time, with a minimal amount of contact with other students and with an excellent academic panel to interact with was perfect for my learning style. As I now look back I realise that I would never have succeeded with any other option other than the Agile MBA.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you kindly for your review, Cheryl. We're delighted to hear that AIB was the right fit for you. Thank you for choosing AIB, and congratulations on completing the degree!

Expands your world!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 18, 2018

I have recently completed my MBA over 18 months at the Australian Institute of Business. It is quite a fast-paced course, however, plenty of quality academic support is available when needed.

If you're thinking of embarking on this journey, do not underestimate the commitment. It can be hard at times, as it is a significant amount of work. That said, do not be afraid of this opportunity. You will pass every time so long as you simply "do the work".

Along the journey, I managed to meet a lot of wonderful like-minded people. Forming informal support groups online is a great way to keep motivated and makes the journey all the more enjoyable.

The MBA has given me a new sense of confidence and a broader perspective of workplace issues. It is certainly a big source of personal and professional empowerment.

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience with the Australian Institute of Business and would recommend them as the first choice for an MBA.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Jordan. Thank you for sharing your MBA journey with us. Congratulations on completing the degree and for all the hard work you put into it! We’re so glad to hear that it’s been such an empowerin... read more »

Windsor

• 2 helpful votes

MBA course project!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 20, 2018

I was never thinking to complete a MBA because I was working for the same company for over 17 years, I did not find the necessity because everyone in the company knew me (what I can or can't do, my abilities and skills), what happened is I decided to leave this company to move closer to my wife's family and this is where it started to be difficult when I was applying to other positions in other companies, it seems they all have close to the same comments ...... great experiences and skills set, great accomplishments but missing the academic part of it to back it up AND we do not know you, we go by what we read at this point. - This is why I decided to pursue the MBA and keep working where I was. The AIB program and portal was the best way for me because it allowed me to keep working and going at my own pace, however I must say the greatest advantage for me was the time zone difference, from Canada it's 13.5 hrs difference so I was able to communicate with the AIB team all night by emails or via skype chat has it was only afternoon over there, this has been an was amazing experience. - Oh forgot to mention I was able to apply on greater opportunists because of my MBA completed, and I found way better opportunity then what I was looking for, great return on investment. Thanks AIB team!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi David. Thank you for sharing your MBA story! We’re delighted to hear that you were able to secure a great new job opportunity following the MBA. We hope your new role and city are treating you well. Thank you for choosing AIB!

Verified Customer

Relevant, practical and applicable to my work from day one

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 19, 2018

AIB MBA was relevant, practical and very interesting. I should have done it years ago but in my first attempt at study after graduating from high school in 1981, it provided me with a range of subjects that I could apply to many facets of my job. It has also assisted my employer in a range of areas by bringing new ideas and the latest research to many areas of the business. The online portal improved a lot as my 18 month tenure went along and I note that on-line exams have replaced the 210-minute hand-written versions I undertook. I found the staff supportive and knowledgeable and on reflection should have used this resource more than I did, although my decision to cram 11 subjects and a project into 18 months didn't leave a lot of time. Highly recommend the MBA course, especially for those already in executive positions looking for new information and the latest trends in so many areas. It will energise you and hopefully equip you with skills to further your career.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you very much for reflecting on your MBA journey with AIB John. It’s fantastic to hear that the MBA learnings have been so applicable to your role and valued within your organisation. Congratulations on completing the course and thanks again.

Bit the bullet

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 15, 2018

For years I was considering doing an MBA. Whilst life was continuing to get busier, I decided to give it a go amongst a pile of work projects at the same time. I learned a lot about business and about where my passions lie. It has also been extremely satisfying to complete for many personal reasons. I highly recommend AIB. The format and support was exceptional. Don't procrastinate...... Have a go. Trust me.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Caesar. Thank you for your review and kind recommendation. We’re glad you were able to find the time for study and that it led to such positive outcomes.

Personal achievement

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 14, 2018

It was a personal achievement goal that I succeeded in. Subject that I thought might have been boring/un-interesting were fascinating. Of course it was all a challenge but one that comes with no regrets. find your motivation - create a steady and sustainable pace, you will get there.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Hi Dylan. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are so glad that you felt you gained a lot from your studies at AIB and that you walked away with a sense of personal achievement. Congratulations.

Perth

• 10 helpful votes
Private message

MBA in a foreign language

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 29, 2018

Better late then never, but at 45, I decided to challenge myself and study the MBA in a foreign language. The study experience was great and the academic support was efficient and fast. Without one failed subject, I achieved my personal goal in June 2016 and the fantastic Graduation Ceremony on 11/11/2016 was an event I can never forget. Thanks AIB, I will recommend anyone, wanting to study online with success, towards your institute !

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Thank you for your review Mimi! We’re delighted to hear that you enjoyed the study experience and were supported by our Academics throughout your MBA journey. Thank you for your kinds and for recommending studying with AIB.

Verified Customer

MBA while working full time in a senior role Jan R

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 25, 2018

It only took me 25 years, but finally started in 2015. Best decision ever, although I must admit not an easy one. I have completed the MBA and am very pleased with how much I have learned and grew throughout the two years. I would lie if I said it was easy, as it takes a lot of hard work and sacrifice while working a full time job. I would however recommend this MBA above all overs due to the structure and support offered by AIB. I especially like the fact that we had to do written exams as well as assignments. It makes your qualification just so much more authentic.

Comments
Australian Institute of Business Official

Congratulations on achieving your MBA, Jan! It’s fantastic to hear that it’s been such a rewarding experience for you and a decision you’re glad you made. Thank you for choosing AIB!

1 of 8 pages