• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Crooks! Scam! Non caring attitude. Do not study here! Go somewhere reputable.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 18, 2018

Do NOT deal with these crooks. The course material is like it is written by a 10 year old. It is boring mind numbing. OMG. They will take your money and not care after that. They will change the course material and not notify you until you have already completed the work. When this happened and I spoke to someone and I was met with a "and why should I care?" attitude. These are people who don't want to get a real job and want to create an online automated system to take your money as their cash cow. They have no integrity. You will not get a job from studying here. They are not taken seriously by the industry. After being misled by outdated course material (and not being notified) I decided to withdraw. I asked for a refund on one of the practical units (paid for but not yet taken) I was told "we are not obliged to refund, therefore we won't". I have contacted the Ombudsman. Do not study here. Lastly I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT MOST OF THESE "POSITIVE" REVIEWS HERE ARE FAKE! Staff are EVERYTHING but helpful! The course is NOT enjoyable! It is PAINFUL AND STUPID! What a joke!!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

self doubt to self accomplishment!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 15, 2018

Can I do this? Well after making my first contact that self doubt began to fade! AIPC were always friendly, helpful and professional. As I completed each module I felt informed and empowered. I did it! Thank you AIPC!!

Never thought I could!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 10, 2018

I am thoroughly enjoying the Diploma of Counselling with AIPC. I haven't studied since leaving high school and never thought I could but after 20+ years in the corporate world I am making a course correction, literally and figuratively and as such it is a huge challenge for me but the content is thoroughly engaging, practical and is applied in an easy to follow structure. I find myself looking forward to the next unit, the pace is surprising and having barely started I am already consuming the content at a pace of knots. Looking forward to my first group practical sessions, daunting but exciting. Thank you AIPC!

Diploma of Counselling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2018

Thank you for a most enjoyable and informative course. I found the staff at AIPC extremely prompt, efficient and professional and always willing to answer any questions or queries. I would highly recommend AIPC to those who are contemplating study for the first time or to those furthering their studies. If you are considering taking the first step, all I can say is go for it!

A review of AIPC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

The staff at AIPC are friendly, warm and professional. My experience with AIPC so far has been delightful, and I would recommend them to anyone choosing to study counselling.

Diploma of Counselling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2018

I found the course, materials and seminars excellent, feedback always prompt and educational. Unlike universities, materials are provided and are up to date. Better than many universities in Australia which have sometimes had very poor standards with uncommitted tutors, and I have studied with OUA and on to Honours level in psychology. Would recommend this course to anyone serious about applied skills in a helping career and wants an applied focused approach.

Fantastic course! Thoroughly enjoyed it.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 20, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed studying the Diploma of Counselling with AIPC. I learnt so much about myself and others and gained knowledge and skills that I can use both personally and professionally in my future. AIPC provided fantastic support throughout my studies. Whether it was facilitators at practical assessments, online tutors, the education assistant line or admin staff they were always so helpful and encouraging.
Thank you AIPC!

Excellent Diploma Course in Counselling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 16, 2018

The course was informative , interesting and simulating. I learned a lot about practical counselling. The practical counselling sessions were fantastic.

Diploma of counselling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 13, 2018

I thoroughly enjoyed studying with AIPC. The support and encouragement that I received during my studies was great and really inspired me to keep going. During my studies I learned so much about myself and others, and I definitely have more compassion and understanding for others. I am excited to start my new career.

Very satisfied

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

I've really enjoyed the process of studying for the Dip of Counseling, although it took me longer than I expected. The Adelaide staff and assessors were always helpful and professional and I always came away from the practical assessments feeling encouraged and inspired.

Fantastic Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

AIPC provide genuine support to help me with my study I always feel motivated after practicals with their amazing team of counselor instructions.

great support, great course so far

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 02, 2018

i am currently a student with AIPC, undertaking a Diploma in Counselling.

I have found the teachers and staff to be very easy going and helpful, along my journey so far in mental health studies.

There is a great balance of theory work and practical classes that are on offer by the college.

There are other related courses they have on offer, however i chose this course for my own reasons.

I have had no issues with AIPC, they are great to work with.

Sydney

• 1 helpful vote

extra offer courses

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2018

I never received my certificates for doing extra courses after doing a diploma of professional counselling AWAIT after 2 years

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors Official

Thank you for raising this. We have private messaged you to obtain your details so that we can look into this for you.

Excellent - great information and guidance given.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 26, 2018

I have found the Study content to be very informative and up to date. I like that they are able to accommodate me, a technical dinosaur, so I do not have to study online I can do it the old fashion way, pen and paper and not made to feel like I am stupid. The support and pleasant interactions I have had with the staff is all the more encouraging me to complete my studies. I say a BIG thank you to the team AIPC!

Great and excellent course

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 25, 2018

I started my course in July 2017 and now Upto 11th unit. The course is amazing and I am learning so many things which I can apply in my own life , the set up is easy to follow and broken up into achievable units.
The support team are always there for whatever I need, and receive on call tutor help.
Overall, I think I took a wise decision to join this.

Fantastic course

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 23, 2018

I started this course in April 2018 after contemplating doing it for quite a while. I was a bit apprehensive at first,not having studied for 25 years but I didn’t need to be-the accessibility and design of the course is such that it’s very easy to follow, you can work at your own pace and there are many options for support and access to tutors if needed. The course content is really interesting and it’s very flexible-I can study when it suits me and when I have time between work and family commitments.
The staff in the Melbourne office are always helpful and supportive when I need to contact them for anything and the assessors provide quick marking and excellent feedback.The encouragement and nurturing during the group session Pracs( which can feel a little daunting to begin with) by the assessors was fantastic and put me at ease immediately.It was also fantastic to get together with other students and talk about the course and it’s content . Almost 1/2 way in and I’m loving this course and really excited that I have made the step towards a new career.

Verified Customer

Helpful and supportive admin staff

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2018

I have enrolled for Diploma of Counselling in April 2018 and am up to my 5th assignment already! I work full time so I wasn't sure whether it will suit my lifestyle and family commitments. Glad to say that I'm finding the course extremely interesting and am able to put into practice a lot of things that I'm learning already.

MALENY

• 2 helpful votes
Private message

Completed my Diploma of Counselling ahead of time !

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

I signed up to do my Diploma of Counselling with AIPC (Sunshine Coast Branch) in September 2016 (at the age of 52) - and didn't actually get around to submitting my first assignment (Unit # 1) until November 2016. However, I'm thrilled to say that I completed by Diploma completely, within around 20 months (instead of the 24 months allocated).
I found the STAFF to be extremely helpful and supportive. All questions, via phone or email, were always answered promptly and succinctly. All the information was available and transparent ... so I wasn't shy in asking questions, to understand exactly how this Diploma applied to me / my family commitments / my goals.
I found the STUDY format easy to follow, developing a clear understanding of expectations right from the beginning.
I undertook the PRACs progressively throughout my studies, and found them to be a great way to meet fellow-students, share ideas, and role-play ... and they were quite informal, with our assessor making us feel very comfortable and providing valuable insight and guidance.
I have since established my own private practice and am thrilled with my achievements.
All in all, doing my Diploma of Counselling on-line and self-paced with AIPC worked exceptionally well for me. From my experience, the team at the Sunshine Coast Branch were right behind me, supporting me all the way.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

AIPC Ashmore

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2018

As a new student of AIPC and living on the Gold Coast, I am happy that the new office in Ashmore has opened. It was easy to find, has ample parking and is close to shops. I recently attended the rooms here for my first two practical units of the Diploma of Counselling that I am studying. Arriving quite nervous, I was put at ease by the friendly staff and capable assessor, which all goes towards making my experience a positive one.

Don't look past AIPC for your counselling studies

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 23, 2018

I qualified in March 2017. Always interested in helping others I chose AIPC as I was looking to study at my own pace and I also found the Diploma offered everything I was looking for. The workbooks were easy to follow and interesting. I was impressed due to the very positive and encouraging comments and the quick responses of the assessments. Holly Foyle and Chrystal Derrington - were always available to answer my calls and emails and were always so helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend.

1 of 9 pages