Wonderful Learning Experience!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 13, 2017

From the enrolment of my course to my graduation, the process has been seamless and the staff amazing. The support from the office staff to the assessors has been wonderful and so uplifting, creating a superb learning environment. I did a lot of research prior to deciding on an organisation to study through and I am so pleased that I made the right choice :). Well done AIPC, you've nailed it!

The Counselling Diploma was wonderful for my career

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

I finished my diploma In January this year and started my private practice in May. The diploma had helped me gain work in the industry but also has helped me understand myself, which has helped build my confidence to open up my own practice. I just want to thank AIPC for this amazing course and opportunity, I have enjoyed every moment of completing the course.

Highly recommend AIPC

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 06, 2017

I truly enjoyed studying at AIPC for a few reasons. The friendly, helpful and efficient support given by AIPC staff at both Carina and Head Office. Huge thanks to Rob, Alice, Kate and the student support team whom I mainly dealt with in coordinating my studies, the practical assessments and insights into ‘what’s next’. It was great to experience the benefits from a strong cohesive support team.
My brilliant Teachers, Michelle, Stacey, Kathleen and Tanya are such a talented and skilled team, with a wealth of knowledge and expertise. I learnt invaluable information and new insights by attending their practical workshops, a huge thank you to them also. The assessments were marked and received back from the Assessors quickly with constructive and helpful feedback. The Graduation Ceremony was just wonderful! So well organised and delivered. The timing was just right, I finished my course and then Graduated. I would highly recommend AIPC's Diploma of Counselling course to anyone who is interested in doing this course.
Thanks again AIPC for a fantastic journey!

Melbourne

Private message

Perfect for enhancing your existing skills, regardless of how busy you are!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 05, 2017

As I come to the end of my Diploma of Counselling I can look back over my time at AIPC with gratitude and positivity. I recommend this course to anyone who has ever considered becoming a counsellor but is unable to attend on-campus courses due to either career or family commitments. Being a self-paced course I was able to take things slowly during my busy time at work and then speed things up when I had more spare time. As a result, I never felt stressed or worried about deadlines. Furthermore, the team at Carina have been nothing short of amazing, supportive and extremely patient. Thank you so much AIPC!

Tight knit and supportive!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2017

I’ve been studying through AIPC Carina Campus for the past 2 years. In my time there I got nothing but understanding and support from the staff. The facilitators helpful and full of knowledge over their own counselling experiences which only made it all the more easy to learn.
Everyone always went out of their way to ensure I was comfortable, well fed and got everything I needed out of the learning journey. Being surrounded my friendly and relatable people was always something I was grateful for throughout my time with AIPC.
I can’t thank them enough for what they’ve given me as now I can move forward and help people just as the Carina team helped me.

It's been an absolute joke!!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2017

I have had the worst experience with this institute ... one last assessment to go and I have been provided with the wrong assessment guidelines, so I had to redo the assessment, then they lost my assessment, then they picked on editing of the video assessment so as per their instructions "assessment is perfect you just have to resend an unedited version", which I did and now it has been returned with other points to address before the assessment is satisfactory!!!!! I am so over this institute, pls think twice before investing your money and time studying with Aipc...

Comments
Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors Official

Hello, as you are aware, your current practical is being re-marked to ensure it has been marked accurately, and that the feedback and guidance you have been provided is appropriate. If it is confi... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Excellent training

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2017

The Sydney Campus of AIPC excelled in their training and delivery of the counselling qualification. The admin, tutors and assessors were very supportive and encouraging and a wealth of knowledge in their role.
The support offered and received from the campus inspired me to finish the qualification
The only negative feedback I can give is the lack of communication from AIPC Head office in QLD, otherwise, I highly recommend AIPC, especially Sydney Campus, based in Parramatta

Perth

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Will bleed you out of your last dollar

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2017

I would like to warm all potential students to be very careful before signing into an agreement with AIPC. After 3 months of enrolment for a Dip of counselling, I had to cancel or put on hold my course indefinitely and requested this in writing. I am a single mother of 3 on a pension and my situation could not allow me to pay my bills anymore let alone my course payments. After writing to them, I was advised that I COULD NOT put the course on hold and I had to sign a cancellation form agreeing to pay over $4000 to cancel it ( I had already paid over $1000) I advised to them this is an online course, surely there are some compassionate grounds here to warrant my cancellation. It was an online course and I never completed 1 unit and received 1 lot of paperwork over the last few months so what is the justification for this cancellation fee. I was told administrative costs.

This is clearly unfair contract law which the ACCC looks at closely especially with private study organisations ( a current affair has recently done a program on open colleges)

Last week they took my last $209 out of my account after I clearly withdrew my authorisation to debit my card. This was my food shopping money for me and 3 children for the week. After calling them to tell them this, Nausheen Khan responded with "that's not my problem" . For a private organisation that specialises in counselling courses, this was just appalling and uncompassionate to say the least.

I then received an email from Sandra Poletto CEO of AIPC advising me if I was to review them on social media or online , she would undertake legal action for my actions.

I have since contacted my bank who are disputing the transaction and have made an appointment with legal aid who will assist me in my legal matters with them. This conduct is clearly unconscionable and clearly a way to make money out of consumers who are otherwise unknowing of their rights. I have read a few similar reviews online about AIPC doing the same thing to other people so please beware or get in contact so something can be done to stop this business taking advantage of their customers.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Mandurah

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

One of the best courses I have undertaken

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2017

Having completed my Diploma in Counselling with the AIPC I have to say that this is one of the best courses I have undertaken and the liaison with the administration staff was excellent. The assessors for the workshops were extremely knowledgeable and overall I thoroughly enjoyed my time studying with them. I would recommend this course to anyone contemplating counselling.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 2 helpful votes

Very happy with aipc

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2017

I am very happy with AIPC and would recommend AIPC to anybody wishing to commence studies in counselling. The staff were always available and friendly when support or information was required, and the format was effective in regards to learning and development.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Tweed Heads

• 21 comments
  • 2 questions
  • 32 answers
  • 5 helpful votes

Tick Tock Now That's A Clock

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2017

I just wanted to thank AIPC on running a first

Class course, my second attempt, Sandra Poletto

Runs a. Fantastic business that is people

Elle for some reason isn’t at the same office

Very sadly missed!

Oriented, all lovely staff and great value for

Money l challenge anyone to do objectively

better.

Very best wishes

Greg.

• 1 answer

Diploma of Counselling

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 28, 2017

I found the practical focus of this course very refreshing. The study material covers the theory and its practical application to real world situations. Assessment workbooks were marked quickly and feedback given. Help was forthcoming if it was requested. Staff at all contact points were friendly and helpful.
Practical assessment days were invaluable for understanding how to apply counselling skills and different therapies to people with a diverse range of needs.
I thoroughly enjoyed this learning experience.
The practical assessment day facilitators were experienced and knew how to guide the students to help them gain as much as possible from each day through discussion, feedback, demonstration and structuring the assessment task for student completion.

Very rewarding experience

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

The practical sessions I have completed to date have been of great value, they complimented the theory side of the modules. As an assessor David's wealth of knowledge and experience is invaluable. To date I have found my studies worthwhile and I am learning new skills which is benefiting me not only in my studies but also in my everyday life.

I have received exceptional support from AIPC as I progress through my studies, they are always willing to assist with any query and respond in a friendly and timely manner.

First Practical Assessment

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 22, 2017

Last weekend I completed my first practical assessment. Our assessor Michelle was and is incredible knowledgeable and kept us as well as our nerves at ease. It is amazing how much of a difference it makes to join the workshop. It not only helped me to cement the knowledge of these first 2 units, but I also got to experience how other students performed and was able to give and get feedback which is an invaluable experience I believe. This is only the beginning for me, but I'm already looking forward to my next practical assessment.

• 1 question
Private message

An inspiring journey of personal growth and achievement....

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 14, 2017

I have learnt a lot of background information about the way counselling operates, its different theories and absolutely loved the workshops. You gain so much valuable information and skills from the facilitators and feedback from others in the group. Also you meet such a wide variety of people from all ethnic and career backgrounds ...I loved this aspect. As far as counselling skills go, you learn to see situations from other peoples perspectives, 'walk in their shoes' for a moment and learn to do what is best for them at this time, not enforce your own personal beliefs and ideas. I think this was a valuable lesson and skill to learn, as it is easy to see the world from your point of view and it takes a conscious effort to regard another persons way in which they view the world around them. That everyone is uniquely individual, just as you are. The academic knowledge obtained throughout the diploma provides you with a broad spectrum of theories and information to draw from and become a well rounded and competent counsellor. No regrets at all about doing this diploma, sometimes a bit repetitive in it's questions but that would be my only gripe. When submitting your assessments, don't get discouraged if you receive a NYC (not yet competent), you are not alone. It is basically a way of making sure you have a clearer understanding of a particular question, not that you are 'stupid'! Don't be apprehensive about calling the help line when stuck or uncertain about what is being asked, I always had positive outcomes and encouragement. Sometimes you just don't get it, especially when you don't have a teacher up the front of the class to clarify things...ring them! It took me about 18 months to finish this diploma, putting in solid blocks for each units, say 6 hours a day, then giving myself a week off as a reward. I found if I left a unit in the middle it was hard to get back into it. Enjoy and grow on your journey....Daniella

Feedback - everyone can improve

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 08, 2017

Feedback for AIPC counselling:
The new assessment booklets are highly repetitious and I feel unnecessarily lengthy. They are making me angry and I feel if they are making me angry, they would be turning other people off altogether and the rate of drop out could increase. This is a massive barrier to people who don’t necessarily have higher literacy skills.
The study guides are very informative and well set out. However, the study guides contain several spelling errors and punctuation errors. This has made me really not care too much about my spelling or punctuation in my assessment books. However, I feel it is very unprofessional especially for an institution who claims to be the best in the industry. You would just need an experienced proof reader or person highly trained in literacy skills to read over all of the assessments and correct them. ME! Griffith University paid me to do this for their mathematics program and journal articles in 2015. Additionally, I did it for Education Queensland for new curriculum documents.
If your trainers have their Cert IV in T&A they should understand how adults learn which is very similar to children. This means several opportunities to see and do counselling practices. Studying at home is very different to the pracs and I feel there would be confident counsellors coming out of the course if they were provided with: an opportunity to view example counselling role plays for each prac assessment; prompt sheets with example phrases counsellors could use; example open ended questions counsellors could use; clear 1 pager reminders of each therapy we have studied that could compile a comprehensive folder of what we have learnt for each therapy and use it like a quick reminder for practice. Additionally, I feel AIPC could provide templated documentation for counsellors to use in private practice. These would just be templates and subject to copyright and changing laws but would be a great resource that are in fact provided by other counselling schools. Two of my friends who have completed their Diploma of Counselling have received a booklet of templates on their final prac/graduation. The booklets are amazing.
The girls you have in your office in Brisbane are amazing. Alice and another girl I can’t think of atm have been exceptionally helpful, friendly, nonjudgemental and accommodating. Employees like these girls need regular praise, recognition and critical feedback to grow. They strike me as the types of girls who can handle feedback and would use it to better themselves – which is an asset for any employee for any business and I feel it is a criteria for success. In regards to feedback, getting us to give it at the end of each session is completely subjective and can be linked to handwriting for filling out forms. In my own experience you don’t get the best feedback this way. Maybe think about using an anonymous feedback survey system for pracs like this. While it may be another thing to do feedback can take any business from good to amazing, and honest feedback is the best.
The prac assessment trainers have been good. I feel everyone has room to better themselves but giving feedback needs to be as gentle as counselling, which I am sure you are aware of, but especially a workplace culture of feedback and growth not only makes great employees but also makes the organisation one people want to work for. Trainers are the face of AIPC for me and I feel they are people who may be seen as experts but also need to be included in a feedback system. There have been trainers I have loved and others I have learnt different things from.
I have absolutely loved the content of this course but I feel my learning could have been better with some added and well thought out educational extras that could make AIPC present this course better than any other RTO. I have loved learning what I have learnt and the self paced option. Other things I have loved and I feel you should keep doing are:
• Amazing morning teas
• Sending minties in the mail
• Sending affirmation bookmarks and cards
• Getting emails and phone calls to see how I’m progressing (this happened twice and I loved it. I’d recommend doing this more for so many reasons including making your students feel loved, included, thought of and; to increase the rate of students completing their courses online).
• Giving feedback on our pracs posted out
• Group pracs
• The location is amazing – the house is welcoming and warm.

Verified Customer

Flexible and supported learning

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

APIC are consistently supportive, encouraging and helpful. The study options are flexible which allows it to fit in with work and family life. The workbooks are thorough and the practical days provide invaluable experience in implementing theory into practice and making contact with other students. The practical assessors spend a great deal of time and effort giving contextual examples of theory and lots of personalised feedback, which is so helpful.

Wyong

• 2 comments
  • 6 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Buyer beware

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

I am posting this review as a warning to potential students, AIPC engages in misleading advertising & when they tell you it's self paced learning & you can take as long as you need & there's no further charges, you are being mislead. I invested thousands in my course, then not long after starting, life got in the way, relationship breakdown & separation, sick child, father passed & then my own health went, but it was always my intention to come back to the course & I was confident that there would be no problem, as I'd been told repeatedly that time isn't an issue. Boy was I wrong! When I contacted AIPC about restarting my course, I was told it had been too long & they would only give me a 50% credit on what I had already paid, so I would need to invest thousands more if I wished to finish what I started. I was also told that I could take it to Fair Trading, but they won't do anything after 3 years has passed. So obviously this is a conversation that has taken place with other students who have been placed in the same situation & therefore AIPC believes they can mislead people & have no consequences. Extremely immoral & unprofessional. I went through their complaints "process", another thing that is misleading, as they say you can complain to the CEO & then appeal to the board if you're unhappy with the decision, yet it is only one person, the CEO, making the decision in both instances. So of course I complained & raised issues such as misleading advertising on both time & money issues, & also discrimination issues, but to date they have not responded to ANY of these issues & only state that if I wish to continue I can cough up more money. I feel so strongly about this injustice that I will continue warning others about AIPC & if I can help just 1 person from being mislead then fantastic.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors Official

Thank you for your comments. It is important that we are all on the same page when it comes to ‘self-pacing’ studies. While full time study of the course is 24 months, self-pacing means a student... read more »

I totally agree that we should all "be on the same page" when it comes to advertising a product & the time for doing that is when a buyer is looking to purchase the product. The application I comp... read more »

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors Official

We have explained the requirements of self-pacing studies and how your circumstances do not demonstrate self-pacing. Your studies are not active as you have not submitted any work for over 10 years... read more »

Private message

An inspiring study choice!

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 28, 2017

Pragmatically speaking, the AIPC offered what I needed in terms of self-paced, on-line study. However, as a student, I have received so much more than that. The workbooks are excellently structured and the reading materials and resources are highly relevant. The written assessment feedback has always been returned in great time, has been of great value and has motivated me to keep working hard. Our prac assessor in Tasmania has been inspiring, sharing an enormous amount of professional experience that truly helped us to understand that we could do this - be a counsellor and help other people with their journeys. All of the staff I deal with at AIPC are responsive and very helpful which is another huge factor in making this a great organisation to study with. I am close to finishing my Diploma and am looking forward to being able to create change in my own life because of it. A big Thank You to AIPC for providing a course that is helping me to cultivate a new pathway as a counsellor! Kind regards, Alison.

Thank you AIPC!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 27, 2017

"The AIPC are really, really, really good at what they do. Their learning/training platform, both affordable and self-paced, in the comfort of my own home, was a wonderful, streamlined experience! As a full-time Mum, being able to study at home in school hours with 24/7 access to materials, resources and fabulous staff was invaluable to me. Post grad, I now look forward to making a difference and enriching peoples lives! With thanks, Amanda J Taylor"

1 of 2 pages