Brisbane

• 3 comments
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

How to lose a customer without even trying.

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 09, 2018

We have a home loan and a large amount of money in an offset account with Auswide. I rang them to see if we could get a better interest rate that the 4.55% we are currently paying
New customers wanting more than 100k home loan are offered 3.69% which is a reasonable difference.
After waiting for more than a week for their 'customer retention team' to call me back, we finally connected.
I asked if we could possibly get a better rate than our current rate. The answer was no. Seriously ? Just no ??? I asked why the bank would offer new customers a better rate than their existing loyal customers however the agent proceeded to speak large volumes of words without actually answering the question. I stated that while I understood what he was saying, he did not answer my question and could he please do so. I was then told that I was rude and had an attitude problem. I asked to speak to his manager and he replied that his manager was the person who answered my initial call when ringing their 13 number. (Managers answering call centre phones ? Also note that the lady who took my initial call told me that she could not help me and that this had to be 'handled by our customer retention team) I replied that it was obvious that he was not interested in helping to retain my business and asked that he email a discharge form. I received his email with discharge form almost immediately.
Note to self Auswide if this is an example of your 'retention team' , you fail to understand the word retention The person I spoke to had no intention of trying to retain my large home loan and my large savings. So people don't bother calling to get a better rate, in fact don't bother calling at all because it takes them a week to call you back !

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Auswide Bank Official

Hi MrsDeano, We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience and that we were unable to assist. Thank you for your feedback.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

Disappointing and frustating experience with Auswide homeloans

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2017

I applied for a home loan with Auswide while the application was through broker, got very surprising questions on deductions income etc.
I have taken other loans in past as well and I am really disappointed by the way the credit approval process progressed.
Finally took the call not to go ahead with them

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Auswide Bank Official

Hi Abhi, We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with the credit approval process and being asked to supply supporting information. Please contact us if you would like us to look into this further.

Brisbane

Verified Customer

Just another typical bank...

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 29, 2018

Applied for a home loan through my broker (Who I can't thank enough) almost 12 months ago with Auswide Bank as a first time home owner. Success! I was almost officially ready to start building my first house. Found a block of land I loved so I purchased it and things we're going really smoothly. Next step was to find the right builder. Success! found a builder.
To cut a long story short the builder went broke before they even started and I lost 5 months of time chasing my deposit back from the QBCC. During that time the home loan had lapsed and according the ASIC you have to re-apply after 3 months of not using the loan, which is annoying but that's the rules.
I work in construction myself and have done since finishing high school, been a full-time employee on different contracts for around 19 years and never having too much time off in between contracts (Few months here or there, travelling etc). While I was in the process of finding a new builder and re-applying for the home loan my current full-time contract was ending. I ended up finding a new contract however it is only full-time on a "Casual" basis with the potential to go full-time in 3-6 months which was fine with me cause the work suited my lifestyle and it meant I had a great work / life balance. My broker had asked the bank if this was okay and they verbally said it shouldn't be a problem.
Well.. That was a complete lie. They completely back-flipped and changed their mind stating my "casual" contract was a "concern" and that I needed to be employed at least 6 months on that casual contract before I could re-apply... Meanwhile I was already an existing customer that had already purchased land (while paying rates and making monthly repayments on principle and interest since June 2017) through this home loan. Not only that I had a 20% deposit for the loan (By myself mind you) with great savings in my accounts that if I was to have 12 months off I could afford to live and pay off the loan easily and still have money in my accounts.
Anyway my broker has already found another bank who knows my situation and are more than happy to give me a loan and I have now started the process of telling ALL my friends, family, work colleagues and even complete strangers to stay away from Auswide Bank.
Just for your information also their online banking is pretty subpar and basic. You can't download your own statements unless it's in QIF , DAT or CSV format which is absolutely pointless cause it has no "official" letterhead or anything with Auswide on it, so you've got to wait 3 months for paper statements or ring up and pay a fee for posted paper! It's 2018! who even does paper statements anymore? Wake up Auswide.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Auswide Bank Official

Hi Aginbne. We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience and that we were unable to assist. Thank you for your feedback.

• 3 helpful votes
Private message

Smaller bank that's made a big difference

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 31, 2017

My husband and I last year consolidated our owner occupied loan and investment property loans to Auswide Bank. We also have a business loan with them now having recently purchased a larger property north of Bundaberg. The service and staff are second to none. The savings we've made by switching banks and saving on rates has put more back in our pocket and the mobile app and internet banking technology means I can access my account details, redraw excess funds at any time and monitor my 100% offset accounts. Go Auswide Bank!

Banking Review

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

I have stayed with Auswide ...because I have always been treated with utmost curtesy & respect, by the the friendly & helpful tellers, of every branch I have dealt with ...over many years.Thankyou.

Private message

Never any complaints since we joined.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Our experience since we first applied for our Home Loan over 30 plus years ago, has been second to none. The service from staff has always made coming to Auswide Bank on a very regular basis, a pleasure and comfort to know we are dealing with a with a Company that still looks after their customers. Staff are always very friendly. There is always a smile and a welcome hello, no matter who you are.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Do you really want great service from someone who really cares what they can do for you. Yes !!!! Don't go past Auswide Bank. Being of older generation my wife and I prefer to go to the Stockland, ... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

This is perfect.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

the best bank I have ever dealt with and I have dealt with quite a lot over the years and now in my senior years can live without agro that some banks give you, staff are always helpful and friendly.

Private message

No fuss no problem banking

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Considering I have banked with Auswide and I have never been into a branch I am totally satisfied with Auswide.

Personal. service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 29, 2017

Ifirst joined Auswide In Gympie where my husband and I were living. The service there has always been excellent and we lived there for 20 odd years. Exactly when we joined Auswide I am not sure anymore, but it has been more than 13 years ago.
We have never wanted to leave Auswide,because they are now almost like family.to me.

Private message

Fantastic Auswide from CU to bank meets our needs as a family

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

We really appreciate the redraw function available on our home loan, it is great to know that as we are paying our loan a little more than is needed to service the loan itself, we have peace of mind knowing that our excess is available to us if we need it, and only a very easy friendly phonecall to access it. Recommend Auswide also for the friendly and quality customer service we receive each and every time we communicate

Mackay

Love this Bank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

This bank took a chance on us 17 years ago.
We have never had reason to look elswhere. All the staff know us and we are not treated as just a number in a queue.

Happy Customer

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

Competitive interest rates & account charges. Like having credit card linked to cheque account to pay monthly. Like ease of internet banking from home

The Locals Bank

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

You know that its the friendly, helpful and knowledgeable staff that make Auswide Bank my bank of choice. You never face long waits to speak to a local staff member and the bank provides a great range of products that more then compete with the traditional 'Big Four Banks' here in Australia

Second to none!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

Great customer service and easy to communicate with. Nothing seems to be too much of a drama for their team.

Private message

Auswide makes banking so easy.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

The friendly, helpful and knowledgable staff make a visit to the bank a fun and enjoyable experience and I love the convenient location.

Knowledgeable peoplw

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

I have never had a problem with wide bay and find staff easy to deal with. Have been a customer since 2009.

A bank for everyone

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 28, 2017

A bank for everyone who needs special/urgent attention for everyday banking and other needs as information on foreign exchange rate and other banking needs

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Very professional and timely mortgage approval/process

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 07, 2018

I done a lot of research on mortgage providers, and to be honest they're all bad, Auswide had the most genuine positive reviews as most of the big banks have fake positive reviews from staff dropping there name for their own benefit.

My mortgage and valuation of the property was approved in days well before the settlement date, reliving the uncertainty to both parties. Communication was impeccable, and any question dealt with promptly. I`m not going to name drop but all the staff I had dealings were awesome.

I do and will continue to recommend them to any home buyers.

• 5 answers
  • 7 helpful votes

Love them

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 29, 2017

Auswide bank are people orientated. You speak to a person. Over counter or on phone....a person!
They treat you as an individual. They are supportive, approachable and helpful.
Best bank ever

Verified Customer

Home loan Application

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

My Partner and I had already approached 2 other banks trying to purchase the home we already lived in. The purchase was unique in that we were buying it from a family member at a reduced rate and needed to show the equity in the application. Auswide not only understood what we were trying to do but supported us in helping valuers and solicitors also understand what was required. I cannot thank you enough, you have helped change our lives.

1 of 8 pages