5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Like many reviewers, I’ve read lots of reviews to move my car from Perth to Brisbane. I decided to go with Auto Transporters and I was not disappointed. Great price, great booking process and got my car in the ETA date.
Well done team!!

Happy with the service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 14, 2019

Just had the my car transported using Auto Transporters. Very happy with the outcome of how our vehicle came from Vic to Cairns. Communication from start to finish was excellent.
Happy to recommend to anyone and we will use them again.

Awesome Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 06, 2019

Best transporting company. The car was delivered within the time frame, no damages and would recommend to anyone. A pleasure to deal with, other reviews are incorrect in my opinion.

Adelaide

• 1 helpful vote

Without delays

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 25, 2018

Must be honest my brother Jared told me about this transporting company that he used.
I was looking for a car carrier to transport my two vehicles.
I Always look at a number of companies to compare, which I also product reviewed all my options.
This company did not have great reviews as I told my brother but compared from the other major Transporters this one I thought was good for the age of the company.
I also called to discuss the reviews and was comfortable with the results and decided to give them also ago.
I had sold my vehicle from Perth trade-in to be delivered to Melbourne and pick up my new vehicle I purchased from Melborne to be delivered back to me in Perth .
From the time of booking and to have my vehicle delivered to me in a 11 day turnaround I was completely amazed for the time of year.
Their driver called me a day before delivery to inform me that it was on its way , was a blessing before Xmas.
I would normally go off my reviews for judgement, but in this case goes to show I went with my instinct and was very pleased.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Great Service! Would highly recommend

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2018

This company certainly showed high standards.
They transported our 1963 Mercury. Being a very low and wide vehicle, they took the upmost care and arrived in perfect condition. I have passed on their number to many friends and have had the same great experience.

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Fast and reliable. Very Happy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 05, 2018

Used them and was most impressed with their level of prompt pick up and service. Delivered my car on time. Would recommend them to anyone looking to transport a car! Well done Guys!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 1 question

Lyers

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

Made me wait all day and I lost a days wages been telling me they can’t contact driver for 3 days not very good business like that and I’m not hsppy

Verified Customer

Do not use auto transporters.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 15, 2019

So far it has taken 3 months, yes that’s correct 3 months and I have still not received my car. Every time I ring I get lied to.
Eventually about 2 months in they admitted they didn’t know where my car was so I tracked it down, was easy still hadn’t left...
It was to come from WA to QLD. Not the moon qld

I have had to buy another car for my wife which I will have to sell if this one ever arrives.
I am now letting the authorities deal with them...
Avoid at all costs!!!

Brisbane

• 1 answer
  • 9 helpful votes

Watch out for this lot

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 10, 2019

I received an email quote on Wednesday afternoon. A quote for $3000. When I phoned on Thursday morning to confirm the bookings the price jumped to $4800. No reason given but when I asked why, they got nasty over the phone and I quote "if you don't like the price go elsewhere".
So I have and for a cheaper price.

Athelstone

• 4 helpful votes
Private message

I would love to punch them in the face!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 07, 2019

Constant lying on time of arrival. Stories always changing. Not professional at all! Extremely rude on the phone. But I'm the idiot I should've looked at the reviews before I booked with these scum bags.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Disgusting service - interrogative & abusive

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2018

I contacted this company on the 03.12.18 and was quote $1,400 inc gst to transport my car.As the next few days went on I was hounded and pestered by phone to pay the amount up front in full otherwise I wasn’t going to get the job done due to the time of year. Out of worry and being pestered significantly I reluctantly paid the mount in full on 13th December after being told that the amount has now gone up to $1650 including gst because it was getting closer to the date. I was not sent any contract or terms and conditions and did not sign anything. (Silly me)

Once I had paid IN FULL a few days later I was then called on 17th December and demanded that they collected the car NOW as the “train had come in” and if I wanted it to be delivered on time I would need to give up my car today with the items packed in and ready to go otherwise they couldn’t guarantee this would happen.

I was not ready to give up my car 10 days earlier than what I had agreed and paid for in full as I had personal commitments all over Christmas which meant I needed my car to drive to family events. I was in the car with my partners mum and my partner who heard the conversation and were very shocked at the level of service not to mention the interrogative manner who were also concerned for me that my personal items would get there or not.

I advised the man on the phone I wasn’t able to accommodate right now and stuck to my guns and told him again that I had agreed and paid for 27th pick up date and delivery first week of January which is what I still require. The man on the phone reluctantly agreed and ended the call abruptly.

On the 20th December my plans changed unexpectedly and therefore I advised aaa transporters immediately. I was told I was not entitled to any kind of refund at all and not offered any kind of solution. They kept all my money they hounded me for.

Disgusting attitude, treatment and lack of service from start to finish and how they treated me let alone the lack off diligence with the administration, contracts and terms and conditions and now they are keeping 100% off my money for something that I never even used. This doesn’t seem fair or right. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

Verified Customer

Don’t use them

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 11, 2018

Used this company to transport our caravan from Vic to Cairns. Had to pay up front for pickup. Was picked up from Vic early September and didn’t arrive in Cairns until six weeks later. The van was left on the Gold Coast for about five weeks. Their excuses ranged from mechanical problems to them waiting on a flatbed truck. At our wit ends we told them we would report it stolen if we didn’t receive it in the following week. Low and behold they rang and said it was on its way. A few days later it turned up. Was supposed to pick the van up from their depot. The depot had no record of the van coming to their yard. The driver then rang and said out of the goodness of his heart he would deliver the van to our home which he did. He told us he borrowed the car from the depot (lie). It came up on a flatbed truck (lie). I believe, in my opinion he towed the van up to Cairns from the Gold Coast. The front of the van had black soot all over and particularly on the right where his exhaust pipe was situated. The worst of all was that I believe, in my opinion that he slept in our van and definitely used the toilet. When I confronted the women in the office she gave me some rubbish about toilets in vans splashing out as you drive. For one thing that has never happened in all my years. The toilet was disgusting with urine all over it and on the floor. He obviously didn’t know how to flush it. The RV centre in Vic assure me that the toilet canister was completely empty and cleaned prior to pick up. The Van floor and cushions on the lounge we’re also very dirty. Which the RV centre advised were spotless. This all was denied by Auto Transporters and was told that they had a receipt for the drivers motel. Please please please don’t use them unless you want a whole lot of heartache.

Absolute joke

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 03, 2018

Worsy company ever. Transporting my car from WA to Melbourne and it took a month. After the first phone call they were unreachable. I paid around $1200 for express delivery and was promised 4 days.

Kept lying and saying its on the way its on the way when it wasn't. I cannot believe I didnt find the reviews for this company. The issue is ladies and gentleman these people were initially named auto transporters but now they are AAA transporters so I couldn't find any reviews and then found out this information when i searched up their ABN.

Please dont go with this company - they are quick to take your money but thats it. Lies after lies after lies. Some nonsense about quarantine issues which delayed them. Rude staff when you talk to them, they never call or email you back. My car was in a depot (not owned by them) in Perth for 3 weeks until it was picked up. Even the guy at the depot is sick of them and is not dealing with them anymore.

Credit where its due however, I had stuff in the car which was absolutely untouched (I was very worried about this)

I wouldnt wish dealing with these guys on my worst enemy. So much stress for a month for nothing. I was so done with these guys I did even bother asking for a partial refund or compensation.

sydney

Private message

Avoid at all costs! Car took 4 weeks to arrive.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 22, 2018

This company was the worse to deal with after the initial phone call. They didn't collect the car at appointed time then rescheduled until the next day. The car sat in Melbourne (from Sydney) for at least a week.
There was no communication at any time. They were unreachable by phone or email and never returned contact.

huge waste of money. better to pay 4200 extra and go elsewhere with a company that can track your cars whereabouts at any time.
They didn't deliver to the door as promised we had to collect it from their yard.

DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE!

Private message

This company should be criminalized

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 20, 2018

Auto Transporters could be nothing further from a legitimate company. They told us our car would arrive by a certain day (from Perth to Cairns). When it did not arrive, they did not call. I had to call over 40 times to their office. Each time, they were rude and told me they could not tell me where our car was. After weeks of delays and not even knowing what city our car was currently in, I told them we would have no other option but to report it stolen to the police. The manager ([name removed]) told me that if I reported it stolen to the police, he would just drop our car off the flatbed truck and leave it in the middle of nowhere. And we would have to find it. We had no other option but to stop calling in order to get our car back.

We paid up front (which is a HUGE mistake) and had no collateral over them. I was being totally reasonable with him and tried to explain that I am 8 months pregnant and just needed our car for my partner and I to get to the hospital. He still had the nerve to call me name in our conversation.

To be honest, we only chose this company because they were $150 cheaper than another company. But it was the biggest mistake we've ever made. I only wish there was some sort of legal recourse we could take one them for being such a terrible representation of an ethical business.

Unprofessional & Deceiving

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Had the worst experience with this company. If you are looking for my honest opinion if I would recommend this car transporter, the answer will be NO and to choose another company to transport.

1) They are quick to take payment
2) They will not tell you approx ETA at time of booking. This Business will instruct you to deliver vehicle to their depot. In our case it was Cairns. Please note, this is NOT their own and operated depot. It is only a holding yard therefore no appropriate documents exchanged after delivered.

3) They do not have a Customer Service team. They have a lady called [name removed] who does not like confrontation and hung up on me and my clients when we ask too many questions or upset over the matter.

4) They failed on many occasions to give us feedback and actual updates on the vehicle prompting client to be concerned and go through a painful process of insurance claims and police stolen / missing car reports because they continuously lied and provided us with several excuses on the vehicles delay and location.

5) Some of their excuses/reasons for why vehicle is delayed was due to hydraulics problems, backlog of deliveries, truck accident and now they’re waiting for another vehicle and then truck driver forgot to pickup vehicle.

6) vehicle was received by client 6.5 weeks later and was found in a suspicious condition where client advised items within the vehicle appeared to have been moved/tampered with

7) [name removed] acknowledged and confirmed reasons for delay in notifying us about the vehicle delays was caused by their staff not informing everyone. They let this staff member go from Auto Transporters. Also he confirmed that further his staff forgot to pick up vehicle from Melbourne - despite all these problems caused by Auto Transporters inability to handle, they hid behind their Terms and Conditions and refused to offer any compensation not even $100.

Again, I would not recommend my worst enemy to book with them. Extremely rude and unprofessional staff and the amount of dramas caused wouldn’t be worth the money paid. Your better off going with another reputable company and save yourself the headache, time, stress and problems

Disgusting

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 06, 2018

This company is terrible, they took my money, but the time they took to deliver my vehicle took 4 weeks from Gold Coast to Melb. My car was badly damaged. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

• 4 helpful votes

Not even 1 star validates their service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 25, 2018

Yes they lie to take your money then 5-7 day estimated delivery times turn into 4-6 weeks.
Have dodgy past business dealings hence why no names on documents.
Shocking business.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Darwin

• 6 helpful votes
Private message

DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

Would appreciate if everyone could share my post.

I recently relocated to Darwin. Unfortunately, we decided to use AUTOTRANSPORTERS PTY LTD to backload our car up to Darwin from Cairns. To say my experience with Autotransporters has been nothing but a nightmare is an understatement.

My car has been damaged since the day it got off their truck! Back in April. The lack of communication from this company REALLY astounds me!! I don't know how they are still operating! Not only did I receive false updates continuously - that's right! One day my car was in Melbourne and had been involved in a truck accident the next it was fine and in the gold coast! But I was also told repeatedly my car was due to arrive in Darwin by the end of the week for 3 weeks straight.

We have had a list of problems which included:
1. Grease all through out my car from the truck driver.
2. Being told to purchase baby wipes to clean the grease off the inside of the car by the greasy handed truck driver.
3. Smashed front windscreen.
4. large dints on the roof.
5. flat tyre (from god knows what) it didn't get on the truck that way!!
6. Torn front passenger seat! (WTH, how could a truck driver manage to tear a customers seat)
7. Weeks of calling Autotransporters head office to find out how we were going to be compensated!!
8. Arriving to their yard, to pick up my car and it was left out the front, windows open, keys in the ignition (riddled with damage).
9. Having to hire a hire car while our car was immobilised.
10. Being told we had to pay a $1000.00 excess to have the repairs fixed and we would not be compensated for any of the other expenses (HIRE CAR).

On the 22nd of July after a number of Disgruntled emails to [name removed] at Autotransporters I finally got a response and was told he had forwarded the quotes to his Insurance Brokers.

Today on the 15th of August!! after a number of unanswered emails - I decided to call the insurance brokers myself - turns out they submitted the claim on the 27th of July and have been waiting for [name removed]'s response since then as they didn't know who was to pay the excess!!

That's 3 weeks of [name removed], mucking around and not answering his emails. Yet again, I sent a disgruntled email and wouldn't you know it - [name removed] appears!

This whole experience has been beyond a joke!! I sincerely hope know one uses Autotransporters - it is cheap and nasty. I can accept paying the $1000.00 excess - because realistically I just want my car fixed. But today I decided enough was enough, I have a right to freedom of speech and to share my experience with other consumers!! Which apparently is SLANDER ??

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

• 5 helpful votes

Scam and lies

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2018

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
Unfortunately people don't read or check company reviews until after job booked
Transport 2 cars with them...
damages and delays nearly 2 months

Not returning phone calls very rude staff
I have already checked company name owners

Apparently it's belong 2 people which already have previous bad history in Google as Googled their names online

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes