Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Highly Recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 27, 2016

Our first build with Aveling has been made easy by the staff were have dealt with from the start to the end. Something I envisaged would be stressful really hasn't been at all. I'm a real estate professional with 8 years experience and I would most definitely recommend them.

Communication has been great with lots of updates and if I have emailed questions they have been answered the vast majority of the day the same time. Our pre start lady Natalie was super helpful and the pre start morning was really fun. Our construction lady Connie has
been so good too and it's been a pleasure dealing with her.

All the trades have been very neat and tidy and as we only live around the corner we have spoken with almost all of them. There's not been much mess or issue with any of them and they all appear to have taken pride in their work.

Probably most importantly our site supervisor has been awesome and I read other reviews below and hear other very positive reviews of him. John deals with lots of the builds in our far northern suburbs. He's very approachable and he seems to take a lot of pride in the builds. He's a brickie by trade and looks to be in close contact with all the trades and they've all been lined up so there's been hardly a day with no trade at the house. Accordingly our 300sqm house on a big sloping block has taken not quite 6m from slab to PCI. John seems to be slightly ocd, as am I, and so I found barely anything to pick up.

Most importantly we employed a building inspector for each stage. Minor issues that were picked up by them have been rectified within 2 days of Aveling receiving the reports, with no dramas or questions or issues at all. The inspector has just told me that they find the vast majority of Aveling builds that they've attended to be to a very high quality and they are even thinking of recommending them as a builder which is something they have never done. They generally get a push back from builders when they find issues in construction and he said this is absolutely not the case with Aveling.

There really has not been any hassles during the process and all the products and the end result seem to be very high quality. Very happy and well done to Aveling for caring about their clients and contractors.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2016

Excellent Builder!!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 03, 2016

With Building a home being one of the most stressful experiences, we believe FHOC has made this process a piece of cake! Thank you very Much to our Site Manager, who has a good eye for detail and the fact that he kept on top of everything to hand over the completed house well before we expected. Thanks to the others who helped along the way. Thank you the receptionist, for promptly getting me connected with the required consultant. Overall it was a fantastic experience Building with FHOC Homes and i would recommend FHOC to everyone we know as a great builder.

Thank you for building our Home!

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

AUTOMATED RESPONSE Privacy Act (1988) - Applicable to "Favourable" and "Non Favourable" postings. The Privacy Act (1988) prohibits First Home Owners Centre from confirming the client status of a "p... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Aug 2015

Completed On Time

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2016

First of all, I got to thank FHOC for completing our first home on Time. The over all build was done professional and quality was good. The construction and Customer service team where reachable all the time and kept us updated on every stage of the Build.
The building plan was bit pricey and we got what we paid for.Over all the Build process was quick,As neighbors started construction a month before us a and finished almost a month after us.
Over all i would recommend FHOC for a first home builder.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Verified Customer

This is Exactly what we ask for!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 16, 2016

It is an excellent home built by First Home Owners Centre. There were few things needed to rectify when we moved in, which has been corrected within a week.
Sales Consultant, Site Manager and Supervisor were very cooperative and responsive. It has been very good experience from start to getting our house keys.
We have recommended FHOC (Avelling Homes) to our friends.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Excellent Building Experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

This has been such a great experience. Everyone that we dealt with was extremely helpful and deserve Service Excellence. With all the horror stories out there. I know that our decision to go with FHOC was the right one. We want to say a special thanks to our Pre-Start lady, Lisa. You are an absolute treasure to your company. We are so grateful for the input you gave us, and the very good ideas you came up with. Honestly, we left there feeling happy and confident. Excellently co-ordinated timeframe, and customer support, five star building quality. Thank you to everyone for making our dream come true.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Super Builder!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

We are very satisfied with the house and very smooth build process. The builder was very professional and helpful from start to finish. The only issue was the outdated size of the tiles and we had to pay in extra $2000+ for a bigger more updated size tile. The inside paint could be included to offer more value perhaps or selection of light fittings inside or external would also be great.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Everything ran smoothly

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 16, 2016

Building with Aveling was an such an enjoyable experience from helping me with the design(redesigning all the kitchen and laundry area ) to suit my land to the handover which was built on time with no issues what so ever evan at my 6 month mantainence report there was nothing to report thankyou Aveling see you on the next one !

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

AUTOMATED RESPONSE Privacy Act (1988) - Applicable to "Favourable" and "Non Favourable" postings. The Privacy Act (1988) prohibits Aveling Homes from confirming the client status of a "poster" to a... read more »

I think the main reason behind the build running so well is down to the supervisors attention to detail john was excellent + the bricklayer steve who builds for Aveling homes was also excellent ma... read more »

Aveling Homes Official

Aveling Homes Official AUTOMATED RESPONSE Privacy Act (1988) - Applicable to "Favourable" and "Non Favourable" postings. The Privacy Act (1988) prohibits Aveling Homes from confirming the client st... read more »

A class above

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 30, 2016

For many people, building a new house is making their dream come true. Mine has and I'm grateful to god and I'm thankful to Micheal Aveling and his team for that. It's so hard to build up a dream house but so easy to get disappointment which makes your whole experience not something you like to remember.

We chose Aveling Homes not only because we fell in love with The Bletchley Park display home but also they were ready to fit it into our block. From design Stage Muzz has been wonderful in providing an attention ear in what we were looking a
nd the end product was exquisite which had everything we wanted.

Pre-start was quite challenging which hits your pocket and Lisa Rose was very attentive and patient with us. Her experience in the market helps us to meet our budget and also when advising us into a product she actually go a step further to make sure that we know what we were getting.

Construction stage which I thought would be most challenging, but it was eventually the easiest stage where I had less input. Chad our Supervisor took the challenge to meet the deadline we requested as we had to enroll the kids to the new school before the school break. It made the task look so easy but I know how hard it is for him not to lose a single week. He was always prompt on meeting and milestones. A special mention to Stuart who has also been involved in many the construction to make sure the quality is up to Aveling Homes standard. He made sure that our house is no different to a display home where he was meticulous in the finish product.

Cassie who was our client liaison was always prompt and courteous in her weekly phone calls and update. She has definitely made the communication easy for the construction team keep us up to date.

The hand over was pretty smooth, we didn't have any major issues with the house. A few little glitch were dealt with promptly. We moved in a week before deadline and managed to have plenty of time to settle.

Again thank you to the Aveling Homes team from the bottom of our heart as you have made our new house feel like HOME and making this experience enjoyable.

Many thanks,
Dila & Ahsiff

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

• 1 helpful vote

Never again!!!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 03, 2016

In August 2015 we started the process to plan and build a house with First Home Owners Center, the sub-branch of Aveling Homes.

Unfortunately this has been a very unpleasant experience from the beginning till the end.
The Sales Consultant that we met in the multiple display homes mentioned things to us about the house that were not true. On top of this fact the Sales Consultant was unreliable and never informed us about the progress of our plans.

We had one meeting with him in their office where we wanted to discuss the changes in the
house. While we were sitting there nothing seemed to be a problem and all the changes we requested could apparently be done in the house. We then received these plans a week later, however the majority of the changes that we requested were still missing. The Sales Consultant did not listen during our meeting and therefore all the discussion points were missed, this resulted in the plans being drafted many times.

We had three meetings in a row scheduled with our Sales Consultant and every single meeting was cancelled by the consultant. He never offered us another date to meet and we ended up having to drive 1.5 hours to one of the Display homes to be able to talk to him to make sure all the changes that we wanted in the house were included.

This process dragged out for 6-8 weeks, we got so annoyed, so we rang his supervisor to clarify this issue's. This resulted in him just referring us back to the same Sales Consultant, which should not be the case. If customers have an official complain about a staff member of the company, they should be redirected to the Complains department or the Supervisor of this Sales Consultant should take care of this. This showed us the unprofessionalism of the FHOC/Aveling Homes.

Several changes that we requested were apparently not possible with them, so we were informed to get quotes from other contractors to carry out this work, (L-shape shower screen) As requested we got these quotes. After 2 weeks, we got a reply from the sales rep stating that it was not possible that another company puts a shower screen in and they have to do it themselves. The Aveling homes quoted amount was more than double of the independent contracted amount.

In order to get the full loan approval we had to sign the contracts with the FHOC. We signed the contracts end of December 2015 and 3 weeks later we received the denial from the bank because the house is overprized for the inclusions of the house package (no tiles, cheap AC system etc.). After the denial of the loan, we found out that our Sales Consultant had already started on further works, construction insurance ect. (without the final finance approval)

We then called the FHOC to inform the company that the finance was denied, we were informed by one of the female staff member's that this was not a problem at all since we haven’t had the prestart meeting yet and have the finance denial letter. We went to our bank and obtained the denial letter and then forwarded it to the company. After about one week, we received an invoice that we have to pay a further $1,550 on top of the initial $2000 deposit (this was going to be wavered if we wanted to build again with them) We told them that this must be a misunderstanding because we provided the denial letter and staff member from the initial call assured us that we would not incur any more cost.

All the sudden the denial letter was not accepted because it was apparently not our bank that we got the loan with. On our official contract paper work our bank was not even mentioned and it said ‘to be advised’. FHOC and Aveling Homes started to make up excuses. The invoice was dated to November 2015 although we cancelled our contract on the 11th of January 2016. The invoice was a general listing which mentioned posts like: Administration, Estimating, Contract Preparation etc. We then asked them to elaborate on these items and also clarify the date of the invoice. We did not receive a reply of them.

About four weeks later the Sales Consultant called us again and sent us an email to please pay the invoice. We reminded them that we first would like to clarify the items that were listed on the invoice and how it can happen that we pay $2000 deposit to cover the costs that occurred until the date of signing the contract and all the sudden the whole process was a further $1,550 more expensive. We were tired of dealing with this unprofessional Sales consultant and asked for the contact details of his supervisor. We received the email address of his supervisor who happened to work at Aveling homes. We sent him another email explaining our situation and the only thing we asked for is a clarification of the invoice before we pay it.

This time we thought, it will be more professional since we are dealing with Aveling Homes, a company that is well known in the Housing Sector in Perth. Unfortunately we were wrong and it even got more unprofessional because this time the staff member of Aveling homes, a group sales and marketing manager, started to threaten us via email. Threatening to hand this issue on to the small claims court, this just shows that they don't care about their customers and were only interested in the money.

As a result we paid the money, however there was still no clarification about what the money was for as the invoice was the wrong date. furthermore, there was no further clarification about the invoice.

This was the worst experience we ever had and we cannot express how unprofessional these companies were. Their only interest is to rip people off and get money out of them, especially during this downturn period.

We would never recommend anyone to make a contract with either FHOC nor with Aveling Homes since it was a nothing but a nightmare from the beginning on.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Perth

• 5 helpful votes

Verified Customer

A process I hope to forget...

2 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2016

We chose to build with Aveling for our 1st home. Everything seemed great until the construction started & practical completion happened.

Our construction consultant was less then useful (about as much use as a chocolate fireguard) and we spent the majority of our build chasing updates as the ones generally provided were a week or so out of date. And when attempting contact we were hit with excuse after excuse as to why she was unavailable. The biggest issue arose from 6-7 weeks without any communication from Aveling, two weeks would have be
en understandable with Christmas etc, however we had no idea what was happening.

We were advised of handover for practical completion with an amazing 10 days notice. Upon practical completion I had a list of issues that required action, scratches in my stone workbench, one of the workbenches not being level, paint on my tiles, filthy floors, all of which were dismissed by the site supervisor who seemed rather eager to ignore me and my partner and deal only with my father-in-law man to man.

We completed the handover a week after initial inspection. We weren't happy but we just wanted our dealings with Aveling to be over.

However I didn't realise I would actually have to excavate the gardens before landscaping could be completed thanks to cement, plastic, brick and paver debris being embedded into the unlevelled sandpit we have to call a garden, that I would have to arrange an acid wash for the pavers in my al fresco that have been left covered with concrete after the sand that had accumulated had been blown away and arrange a deep clean for all the indoor areas due to grout being dried onto the floor tiles and carpets having sand dragged in onto them.

This build was such a mess that 4 weeks after key handover we still can't move in. We were unable prior to handover to arrange Telstra Installation, Landscaping or our own security as we were not yet occupying the premises. Which since I am paying the mortgage on it is a bit of an oxymoron.

Due to the limited notice of handover we have been unable to get Telstra out to arrange their connection as they need a minimum of 20 working days to complete the installation of their Luca box and ONT that will allow for TV, and that's got to be completed even before any cabelling to get Phone & Internet connections up & running which as it stands due to WA high workloads is to be another 6 weeks.

If I had known a year ago what I know now I would not have built with Aveling. I am sure once I actually get to live in my home I will love the house itself but everything before that I will be glad to forget.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Oh and today I found out, thanks to my electrician, that I have absolutely no Insulation Batts in my ceiling space.

Great building experience

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2016

From Kathy our sales representative, through to hand-over we had a great building experience with Aveling and would highly recommend them. Although we had a change of supervisor we had no problems with communication or the build. The quality of the workmanship is far greater than some other building companies out there. The office staff are also quick to respond to any queries and are very efficient and friendly.

Thank you all at Aveling.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Excellence in home building

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2016

We were very pleased with the whole building process we went through with Aveling Homes. It started well with exceptional service from Jeremy our sales representative. From the pre-start meeting to completion we were looked after in a very professional manner, Aveling even did upgrades in our build we did not expect during the build process. Thanks very much Aveling.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Love our new home!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 17, 2016

We chose to build with Aveling Homes as they offered good value for money in comparison to other building companies and our sales consultant was very amenable to making any changes to the house plans. We made multiple changes to the design before signing, and nothing was too much hassle. The sales consultant was very knowledgeable which assisted us greatly in designing our new home.
Pre start also went smoothly and the pre start consultant brought up a few things that we hadn't considered which made our home design even better. Her help was g
reatly appreciated.
Construction only took 5 months. Slab was down in October and we got the keys in April. There were only a few minor issues during construction (for example our oven got stolen) but Aveling resolved the issues quickly. We never had to chase up our site manager or anything to get things done. If we ever had any concerns we would email our construction consultant and she would get back to us promptly. Our construction consultant also kept us up to date with fortnightly emails and phone calls.
Our scheduled meetings with our site manager went great. He was punctual for all meetings and was very professional.
If we were to ever build again we wouldn't hesitate to build with Aveling again as we had such a great experience from start to finish.

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

• 5 helpful votes

Excellent Value

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 08, 2016

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Experience of Perfection

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 15, 2016

First of all thanks to AVELING HOMES for building our first dream home in just 6 months,
we had an awesome experience with AVELING HOMES from start to finish for our recently built first home,
we never expected such a great experience
our sales rep was very intelligent and knowledgeable who helped us in choosing the perfect design for the corner block, his years of valuable experience helped us in building our dream home within our tight budget,
another great experience we had with pre-start consultant, she was very experienced and knowledg
eable, her opinion and advice helped us in picking the perfect items for our home. meeting with pre-start consultant was really a great experience for us,
moving to construction, we were lucky to have well experienced, very hard working and very impressive site manager, he was very thorough and very quick to fix the any issues and concerns I had regarding construction,
he never compromised with the quality and workmanship, he always tried hard to bring perfection in his job and I am very happy with the quality they maintained through out the construction of my house,
our CL (construction liaison) was nice to talk to, she was always up to date in communicating construction related issues and was always prompt to follow ups whenever we had change of our minds, she kept us updated well in advance of each and every construction phase,

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

• 3 comments
  • 6 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Dont waste your time or money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2016

Oh god where do I start firstly they come across friendly ready to move heaven and earth for you to sign up and pass over your deposit.. its all downhill from there zero communication from daily phone calls to emails monthly? Which are basic. Ring the office to talk to your point of contact for construction to be passed around then told either a) shes out for lunch or b) shes gone home sick or c) shes out of the office... yea right probably explains why they cant do their job properly cause there never bloody there. Roll on handover time... oh our appliances have been stolen along with cabinet handles glorious apart from the fact they didn't tell us that until we called and emailed to get a handover date. The day of handover finally comes our brick work is horrendous which our son pulled out with his bare hands! Which they had previously hid with a carpet offcut as a doormat. Followed by our custom entry way which might I add was not worth the extra 7 thousand they charged. When told they would not fix it by the project manager himself who acted as if he was gods gift to construction yet looks as though he has never picked up a tool in his life. He then proceeded to say we will see you in the small claims court as that is the only option of getting this fixed as I personally don't see an issue zero customer service and care for customer satisfaction when asked for his business card for future contact we got "oh no we cant give it to customers" are you bloody joking whats the point in having business cards?? wish I went with another builder.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

Automated response sounds about accurate quickest response iv ever had from aveling homes

Pearsall

• 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Disappointing end and frustrating 6 month service.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 09, 2016

They were okay, but after handover and 6 month service is where the issues start.
I have been trying to get things resolved for about 6 months now. I can honestly say the communication in this company is terrible. If you don't chase them don't expect a call back.

I had a stone feature wall built, The installers forgot to seal it so it rusted. Glue splattered everywhere They tried clean it and really just got worst from there. 3 attempts at cleaning it. Then they sealed it too early after cleaning it which caused white stains across the wal
l. Every time i have had to chase them to get something done.

Aveling's idea of resolution is this:

"Dear xxxx,

After a request to inspect the cladding work done at the above address, I have found the work to be of an acceptable standard. The cladding itself seems to have been installed correctly with the joints being stepped and the corners keying into each other leaving a natural edge finish. All pieces checked seem to have the correct amount of backing adhesive giving it a solid adhesion to the blade wall and making it structurally sound.

I see no further action to be taken on this job."

"As per xxxxx report (Archistone Representative), his recommendation is that there is no further action required for this.

Even though it looks crap and the finish is poor, the archistone rep says its structurally fine. So nothing needs to be done.

What a joke. The problem was the finish not the structure?? This was only one of the issues.

The issue is still not resolved.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

I gave aveling a chance to resolve my issues before posting this review. that was three weeks ago and i havent heard anything from them. Also product review checks the authenticity of your review... read more »

Perth

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Great positive experience building our new home

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 05, 2016

Thanks Aveling! From start to finish we found all the staff from sales, prestart, construction consultant and site manager very helpful. We built our last home 20 years ago so was very different this time but we are very happy with everything especially as completed in 5 months. We are so happy with our new home would definitely recommend Aveling.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

• 1 question
  • 3 helpful votes

Verified Customer

Horrible company! even one star is waste!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 18, 2015

Never choose this terrible company!! I need no star in selection!!

I built my home with this one. However, from amending floor plan, pre start, construction to the key stage, they made too many mistakes and during fixing the mistakes, still making other mistakes.

Communication with them was horrible as well! no reply, no answer. The person who I would like to talk with was in meeting or on the other line most time and no reply even though I left messages very often. They do not know what is custmer service and support. They ignore custo
mers.

They are very clumsy to deal with problems
Not only  with customer but also both between their divisions and with suppliers so that they make stupid mistakes and take long time to fix mistakes.

I had to check my floor plans lots of times because they made mistakes all the time when they amended the floor plans. If you don't check very carefully, it will be all your fault later on.

Different pre-start consultants gave us different quote for upgrades!!

They gave wrong plan to supplier so there's wrong installations of electric stuffs. Wrong brick course, leaking from ceiling, wrong stuffs installed, wrong tiles installed, wrong cabinet and wrong render color and so on.

Just for fixing cabinet's handles, we have been waiting for 5 weeks, OMG.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

• 2 helpful votes

We Love Our Home!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2015

Thank you Aveling Homes for our amazing house!
Our experience with Aveling Homes was very satisfying. The office and onsite supervisor were excellent. They were always friendly and helpful.
We were constantly being informed of the progress of our house and because we live in a high fire risk area (in the hills) we had different requirements that needed to be meet. The team at Aveling Homes were excellent with assisting us with those requirements also.
We are very proud of our new home! Family and friends all comment , "what a beautiful home Aveling Homes have built". I would build and recommend Aveling Homes to anyone who is building !!!

Comments
Aveling Homes Official

1 of 6 pages