This product has been discontinued by Awa.

• 2 comments
  • 7 answers

Date Purchased: Jan 2012

Great for price

4 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2017

Could not ask for any better for what I paid for it. 32" $299 5 years ago about. The reason I take off one star is because it is not very good in the sun shinning. Need to close blind when sun comes on the tv. Other than that it is perfect. I mean other brands might be a little better but they are also very expensive... this one is not. I am very greatfull to AWA for this TV and it is showing no signs of wear so far. It picks up weak signal pretty good because when my other 50" looses it during sports (I love my sports hehe) I will rush to the bedroom to watch this one that seems better signal.

Date Purchased: Feb 2014

Great tv till it died shortly after warranty ran out.

3 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 22, 2017

Great tv till it died shortly after warranty ran out. I was watching it changed the channel and the screen went black you could still hear the sounds. So I turned it of for a while and back on and same deal all sound no picture. Not fun at all TVs should last for more then 3 years.

Gold Coast

• 2 answers

Date Purchased: Nov 2010

Horrible

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2016

I got it about 5 years ago. It's crap. If a plane flies over you wont get signal at all and I have to change the channel using the buttons on the TV because I lost my remote and it takes forever to change the channel using this. Plus it got crappy sometimes. I hate it.

NOT Value for money

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 12, 2016

$400 for two years .. just fab. Have every legal right to have full refund via Fair Trade as the quality did not warrant the money spent .. Dead Screen.

No warning just refused to turn on and if you are looking for a TV another brand to miss is TCL. Harvey Norman trying to sell off 32 Inch for $369 when it isnt even Full HD but they wont tell you that till you get home and realise it wont sinc into to anything because lets face it ...everything is Full HD

Buttons Don't Respond

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2015

The buttons on the remote and on the TV itself do not respond 70% of the time which is VERY frustrating when you have to press a button about 6 times to do a single action. The buttons on the TV either do not work or do a different action to what the symbol says it does. The dvd eject button is broken also so I can't remove the current disc within.

Newcastle

• 12 answers

Got what I paid for.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2015

I have 2 of these TVs bought them for my kids about 3 years ago. Great tv/dvd players also with usb connectivity for external hard drives had of dramas with them at all.. Now hoping to sell them as my kids have got a little bit older and not really using them.

• 4 comments
  • 79 answers
  • 31 helpful votes

So Far So Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 11, 2014

Brought from Big W over a year ago TV has been good no problems remote control is poor quality and needed a tape at the back to make it work. o far so good I am happy but I wish I had brought a TCL with 3 year warranty from Good Guys as it would be a better TV with same warranty. AWA is only a trade name cheap TV from China . AWA went out of business years ago.

melbourne victoria

Private message

poor quility Tv, from Big w and poor serves as well

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2014

I ring Big w they said to bring the TV back because there is black line on the screen I had it for 9 months and that Awa who make the TV is no longer in business any more, the person from Big w I spoke to over the phone said that they would give me the money back so I went in and now they are saying that they have to fine out the problem and then if they can fix it and I have not TV for a weekend and maybe two weeks or more .

- had a black lines on the screen

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Lost remote

4 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 24, 2014

How do you re tune your tv if you lost you remote I have tried and so has my partner and I can not find the remote any where and have tried to fix it for days now and it's not working and I'm getting ready angry with it and I don't want to break it help please

+ Good tv but hard to work out

- Hard to work out

POOR QAULITY

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 30, 2014

we puchased a 80cm tv/dvdcombo in july 2013 at BIG W in Geelong with in a few months it started playing up put a brand new disc in it was jumping, stoping making whirling noises black soild lines.BIG W refused to take responsability and also directed me to the supplier, after 3 months finally it is geeting repaired i speak.Phoned the repairer this morning, they told me it had to have parts put in, it will be ready by the end of next week.Big W fobed me off they shold have replaced the for us.What to good old fashioned customer service? $300 is alot of monet to spend when you are on a pension.I will never buy a AWA tv again. Brodie.

- everything

Bad quality tv, poor service Big W and terrible warranty AWA

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 27, 2013

Purchased $600 large screen tv on layby at big W and within 9 months use, it stopped working. Big W refused to take responsibility and directed me to supplier (which apparently has 3yr warranty) I requested a replacement and was refused as the warranty is strictly REPAIR ONLY. I have been waiting 2 weeks already, 2 repair parts have arrived with the repairer but there are still more parts on order apparently and have been told a minimum of 2 more weeks poss more to wait until the repair can actually happen. I am in Perth not a rural area and in my opinion if that much is actually wrong with the tv and so long to source parts, it would serve better to simply replace it. I DO NOT trust the quality of this product and that it will stop working again down the track. Will never buy from Big W again nor ever purchase AWA brand again either. Absolute rubbish.

+ Did have good sound and picture until it stopped working.

- Expensive piece of rubbish. Broke within 9 months and replacement refused by company. Repairs taking weeks. Terrible warranty service.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Had my AWA HD television 5 months went crack and then
black no power no sound nothing it's dead

Bad tv

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 02, 2013

I bought awa 32 inch tv from big w. it picture is good everything ok . But its playing up after i bought it in just 4 months. The volume goes down buy itself. For eg. If i put on 23 it comes to 0 in few seconds. The other options i cant select because they r moving too quick. This was a decent product but i donot know how it happend. I trust aussie products for their quality. But this this time it is terrible.

- It is playing up

• 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Equal to Hisense without the cost.Have 2 Hisense.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2012

Recently bought 29inch A.W.A L.E.D from Big W. $258 great value for money. Excellent clear picture, nice clear sound. Easy set up, although I haven't connected anything to it yet. Don't really need to, as there are so many free to air channels to access. I had read some very negativ e reviews about the sound on some A.W.A T.Vs but wanted to see for myself, since A.W.A has been around for a very long time.

+ I like that it has such a high energy efficiency rating and the price was really fantastic.

Purchased at: Big W

Comments

Hi have just setup my new AWA 39in TV - great except I can't get channel 7 - help please, also need to find out how to watch DVD's as well, there doesn't seem to be anything in manual to tell me????

Vicki T, Reception with digital signal is dependent as with the analog system on your antenna and geographical factors. If you have your tv setup with a similar antenna to the old rabbit ears you ... read more »

• 50 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2012

A well priced LCD Full HD tv, with a good warranty period, it might not be the best quality tv on the market, but, with its size and warranty, it certainly is good value.

+ A good size LCD tv, good price, 3 year warranty, everything you need.

32 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

WEST MELBOURNE

• 1 answer
  • 10 helpful votes

Fantastic

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2012

I recently bought a 37" AWA from BIG W back in May. So far fantastic, every thing seems to be good quality. The menu's on screen are easily too navigate and look appealing, as opposed too the cheap looking displays that some TV's have.
It was also quite cheap as I spent under 400 for such a good quality TV.
The only downside is that it doesn't have a decent TV guide which shows whats shows are on! But that's not too major.

+ Bargain price, good looking, great display

- No tv guide.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

WINDSOR

• 2 helpful votes

Great Value for money

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 05, 2012

I purchased a Big AWA TV (46inch I think) over 2 years ago and I can wholeheartedly recommend anyone purchasing the same. I have has zero issues with it. The picture quality & sound are fine. For value for money you can't go past an AWA...not to mention it's a 100% Australian owned company.

+ It's hasn;t missed a beat in over two years.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

still a good tv? I'm considering buying one. Thanks!

BRISBANE

• 6 comments
  • 3 answers
  • 15 helpful votes

Great TV fantastic price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 30, 2012

I bought a 32inch last year & just bought a 42inch to replace my 6 month old Panasonic brand one this size. I found AWA much better than the other brand, pic great very clear very good reception I have had no issue's what so ever with picture quality, sound etc, its easy to use for people who are not tec savy. I could not ask foe more in a TV & can't beat the price & warranty

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

can I put out a warning to all that bought any TV in this brand lately heaven help you if you ever have to replace the remote control for any reason just about any universal remote won't work i kno... read more »

I also find the remote an awkward design to hold. You could try stick on velcro or non slip mat to help control the remote. Hope this helps.

Doesn't work it still tilts up while pressing a button. It's not a problem any more for me at least I got rid of it and got a Sony BRAVIA 40 inch sure it's way smaller than the 46 inch Awa but at ... read more »

• 57 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 15, 2012

This Full HD LCD From AWA is sold at a fantastic price, however, the picture quality is incredibly grainy compared to other competing manufacturers. I've also found that when watching, particularly sports like AFL, the Panel cannot handle fast moving actions, and starts to blur quite badly. I would recommend this unit for those looking to buy an extra Tv for a kids room / playroom, where the quality isn't so important and due to its great 3-year warranty.

+ Nice sized unit, Great Price, lots of available ports, 3-year warranty

- Picture Quality really leave something to be desired

47 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

I bought two awa 26" lcd dtv with built in dvd from big w. It ran for 30mins and power cuts out like it goes to sleep mode. I put up with it for a day then returned item to big w who replaced it. T... read more »

I brought a 117cm lcd TV and it was great when it was working! Now we have tried to get it fixed and we are still waiting 2 and a half months later. Rang awa and still getting the run around. No on... read more »

SYDNEY

Private message

Had to return this for a refund.

3 out of 5, reviewed on May 25, 2012

The sound on this was reminicent of my old portable radio.

I tried it for a couple of days, but eventually returned it to the store.

It would be ok in a kids room if they didn't expect good sound quality.

Maybe I expected too much for the price, but I have bought cheaper tvs in the past and they have been ok.

+ Picture ok, but not great.

- Shocking sound quality. No headphone jack to try and boost sound through speakers.