Amazing service and really affordable price

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 05, 2017

we bought our cot and pram from baby direct, their staff are so friendly and price are so good, definitely will recommend to friends and will for sure be going back to purchase more

PENSHURST

• 3 answers
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Do in-store shopping better than online shopping!

3 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 06, 2017

I had purchase Mountain Buggy Nano Red Via Online thru Baby Direct (BD) it says "Available" but then the next day I found out it's Out of stock so I have to wait for 2 weeks.

Then I get in touch with the manager area BD by email..his name is [name removed]..he apologized and trying to get the item that I want ( Nano Red ) and send it sooner than 2 weeks.
Apparently Nano Red isn't available in the stores and warehouse...so he offered me Nano black or Nautical color.
I told him if he can guarantee it will arrive at my door within 2 days I'll
place new order..that was Friday arvo and the item arrived at my door (Sydney) on Monday before 6 pm.

After unpleasant transaction at the beginning....I ended up very satisfied how [name removed] step up and resolve the problem and did the excellent job shipped my item exactly 2 business days!!

Before you do any online shopping with BD...my advice is call their numbers and make sure the item you want is available because they might forgot to changed it from available to out of stock!!

Verified Customer

Great product and customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 26, 2017

We bought a baby cot and mattress from baby direct Ringwood, we love the cot looks great in our baby's room, the price is the best we could found and the quality is amazing.

awesome price and great product

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 16, 2017

Friendly and prompt service. I would recommend to anyone. Easy enough to put together. What a great experience :) :)

3 months waiting for a delivery that was supposed to be 3 weeks!

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

Terrible customer service. No effort made to keep me updated on the delivery. I had to chase it up myself several times. On one occasion I was told I would get a call straight back as they were busy but never received the return call. Continually being told extended waiting times.
We're very lucky we purchased in advance of our due date. A 3 month wait is far too long for essential baby furniture! Will never buy from here again. I'm just sorry I had already paid in full.

Excellent service from these guys

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 15, 2017

I have ordered a furniture package from these guys, got a confirmation email send to me right after place the order and got th delivery within 5 working days. We love the cot and chest drawer we bought and we are going back to buy a pram and car seat this weekend. Really amazing service and great price .

Baby change table arrived in great time

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 10, 2017

Really impressed by the service from these guys. Tracking number sent really quickly and TNT rang and walked 4 flights of stairs with 4 packages. Great work will use again for sure.

was great even though it ended in refund

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

after reading reviews online i was super freaked out when i got an email saying my item was out of stock, i wrote an email at 11 pm saying i would prefer a refund and i was really worried i wouldn't get one after reading al the reviews on here. i actually got a reply at 11 pm at night saying that was ok , and it was confirmed the next morning after a phone call. by 12pm the next day my refund has been processed. all in al it was really easy and jerry was very polite and easy to deal with. I'm not sure about all the other reviews but perhaps its under new owners or something. as of 2017 i found them a pleasure to deal with. ill be going in store to pick an in stock pram as soon as the refund hits my account. thanks baby direct !

Melbourne

They know their stuff

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 06, 2017

The staff member was very good at explaining the different prams and how they went up and down and what would fit my car, etc. She talked about things I didn't even consider. They were all very good.

• 2 comments

Delivery was prolonged for 2 months

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2017

We ordered a glider chair and each time we called the business were told it would be coming in 2 weeks.... After 2 months of not receiving the product we went elsewhere to find a product that we would actually receive. Baby-Direct took time to give the refund for the product we had not received. We have reported them to Business- Consumer Affairs and hope that other young families don't get ripped off by them as they buy products that never come.

Comments
Baby-Direct Official

Dear Customer: Sorry for the long waiting on our best selling glider chair. Yes it has been out of stock for a little long than what we expected, but we are selling a product that is normally 400 ... read more »

Since we started our research we have found the SAME glider chair for sale at other businesses for cheaper.... you've had our money and many other peoples money for months and have made interest on... read more »

Just to add information for people reading this review. The glider chair from the other company arrived within 4 days..... Amazing huh!!

Crib purchase

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 20, 2017

When I was pregnant with my first son, Ryan, my husband purchased a Crib from Baby Direct for his, since he no longer needed it. To be fair, it’s been a great crib that we’ve used with all our three kids. However, it is an older crib and has been used at least three kids (that I know of). Sophia, my third child will still be in the crib for at least another year and a half. Now I received an opportunity to review baby gear products from baby Direct. I heartily thanks to The Baby Direct for that crib. Now I’m a big fan of Baby Direct products so I’m very sure that they put a lot of thought into the design and that the crib is made of high quality. If you’re looking for a crib, I highly recommend Baby Direct.

• 1 review
  • 1 question

Exceptionally amazing service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 17, 2017

I highly recommend Baby Direct Ringwood. The staff went above and beyond their means to provide us with the most amazing and exceptional service that we have ever recieved in any retail shop. Kerry was simply amazing. Her knowledge and service was second to none! From now on we will be doing all our baby shopping from baby direct. Assuring and well researched product knowledge by all staff in all aspects. Simply exceptional.

Never calls back and lied about eBay account

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 23, 2016

Went into the shop and called on multiple occasions to enquire about the Nano. Each time told a different story. Was told that the BabyDirect on ebay which sells items matching their catalogue and with a matching store location was them one occasion only to be told 3 days later that it was not. Lucky I did not proceed with purchase. Buyers be ware.

Comments
Baby-Direct Official

dear customer: we have nano in stock in both our Richmond store and ringwood store. If you walked in and paid the price of 339.00 you could get the pram on the same day, so we don't know where is y... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Still waiting for order after a month!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 16, 2016

Unfortunately we decided to order through this mob before we read any of the reviews. Same experience as most - all promises but nothing but lies. Then when you contact them more lies "Did you look at our Delivery Disclaimer?" Supposedly stock levels are not reflected on their website and when you place your order it may or may not be in stock. What a joke!!
Then when you ask for a refund "our accounts person is sick so I can't process your refund".

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Good range and helpful service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 19, 2016

We have purchased several items from baby direct for our new born baby, they have a great range of produts and very helpful staff. Highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for quality and well priced baby item.

Verified Customer

Lovely people, great to deal with

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2016

This is our favourite baby store in Melbourne, lovely staff and the price are also very reasonable. We bought all our nursery furniture package from baby direct. Great communication and quick delivery. We have paid off our order in the morning and our goods has turned up in the afternoon. What more can you ask?

Verified Customer

Baby direct Ringwood, very friendly staff and great customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 02, 2016

We bought our pram travel system at baby Dirdct Ringwood, very friendly and knowledgeable staff,quality product and amazing price. I would highly recommend them.

Excellent store, great staff.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 01, 2016

I think it's the best store in Melbourne, bought our capsule and UppaBaby vista from baby direct, very friendly staff and competitive price.

1 of 8 pages

I ordered something from baby-direct on the 11th March 2015, which is now 4 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I've sent emails to [email protected] that have gone unanswered. I've tried calling them on the main number 1300859808 and also another number I found listed on the website, which is 03 9429 2141. No-one has answered any of my calls. Is this business still operational or has it gone bust???? How do I get in touch to chase up delivery of an item that I have paid for?

zackcat asked on Apr 07, 2015

Answer this

Unfortunately they are still operating. We found someone usually answered the phone. To get the parts we had been waiting on my husband kept ringing one afternoon asking to speak to the manager Jerry. Eventually he annoyed them enough that he spoke to him and they sent it the next day. Because they are online they think they are untouchable and ignore customers. If you have only been waiting 4 weeks you probably have a long wait ahead of you. It took ours 3 months.

I continually kept ringing, if you do get through just ask for the manager because the girls are useless liars and rude. I threatened them with consumer affairs and getting a refund as I was in my rights. If worse comes to worse the shops in Richmond go in and refuse to leave otherwise you will be waiting forever.