Schaumburg

Private message

The must have for baby's of all ages

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 29, 2017

I love my baby k tan it's the best thing I had received, I can do things like clean and cook and have a life with a brand new baby that wants to Be close to me ,,, when he's crabby I put on my baby K tan and some classical music and he's out like a light ,,, then there are times now since he's bigger that I use the adventure pose and he loves being close to me and seeing everything around him ,,, I would recommend this to anyone and will buy these as shower gifts , it's comfy and easy and I just love it

Love the Baby K'tan!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 21, 2016

I have the K'tan and love it. For me, it was a lot easier than trying to decipher the moby; and a lot less fabric. I was ready to give up on wraps but the Baby K'tan really helped a lot! It is so much more comfortable and secure than the woven and other slings.

Ballarat

• 3 comments
  • 2 answers
  • 41 helpful votes

Verified Purchase

My favourite carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 25, 2015

After trying a few different types of carriers, this is my favourite. So much more comfortable and secure than a ring sling, simpler than woven wraps, and less daggy looking than a structured carrier.

My only regret is getting a black one for a baby who spits up a lot, lucky it's easily washed! I can comfortably wear this for hours and it's been wonderful for getting baby to sleep on days where she just wants to be held. Also very handy for running into the shops without unpacking a pram and for shops with very narrow aisles that are too awkward with a pram. Love it!

Purchased at: eBay

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Packs away to nothing and quick to put on

4 out of 5, reviewed on Feb 08, 2015

I'm very very glad I have this carrier but will buy another type of carrier for back carrying on bush walks.

I discovered that it stretches so regular washing helps shrink it... Or...I decided to do a quick stitch up to make it smaller instead!

Con: When my 5 week old wants to look up at me I can't go hands free as his head pops out of the fabric.
Back carrying is considered unsafe with the ktan

I bought the white breeze version for $60 on ebay. I dyed it lilac using diluted RIT purple dye and cold water (boiled water to start the dye, then cold water so I wouldn't damage the fabric). I also dyed my canvas shoes so they match :)

Baby K'Tan baby carrier

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 20, 2013

Great in cooler weather baby lives the snug fit can carry baby hands free for 3-4hours at a time whilst cooking/cleaning or doing groceries!

Very affordable compared to Baby Bjorn carriers so u can get a few in different colours. If you're on the larger side keep in mind your height (when choosing ur size) and the fabric gives stretch after a few wears. I'm 160cm in height and weigh 70kg i purchased a size medium but now i wish i got a small.

So I purchased another in the "breeze" style for summer this is half mesh and half cotton (less stretch) much better.. bubs stays snug w/out having to readjust for longer ")

+ double sling, soft cotton fabric, bubs falls asleep straight away, very affordable!

- Need to choose ur size carefully or you'll find yourself constantly readjusting baby as it stretching after long wear.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments

Can I ask if you bought the K'Tan here in Aus or online?

Hi @natalieagross, I had a K'tan breeze M size for sale. Only used once. But it isn't the right size for me. If u are interested, pls contact me on allegraw@outlook.com.

Wollongong

k'tan breeze

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 22, 2012

I love my k'tan breeze. I put my 3month in facing out to work on her neck and she is so happy in it while we walk the dogs. once she starts to get tired I turn her around and she snuggles in and falls asleep in second. The mesh part of the breeze is great for summer. Although when its hot the last thing she wants (or I want) is to be wrapped to my chest. I have been told its not that good for older babies but I guess I'll have to wait and see.

+ easy to put on and change positions while out and about. the breeze mesh part is fairly cool

- you cant wear it on really hot days, but I think thats standard for most wraps. starts to hurt my back after about 2hours (again pretty standard)

Perth, Western Australia

• 1 answer
  • 104 helpful votes

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 19, 2012

I love my baby ktan and would recommend to anyone. It comes in lovely stretchy cotton fabric and is comfortable for both parent and baby.

+ -Easy to use once you've done it a few times.
-A number of different ways you can carry the baby with this wrap.
-Come in great colors and some patterns, one of the slings available that is not too feminine ie a man could use.
-Very comfortable if you fan the material out right it will not hurt your shoulders for ages.

- -These are sized to the parents size meaning you and your husband would need a different wrap if there is a big size difference between the two of you. I am single so this was not an issue for me.

• 3 helpful votes

I take it everywhere

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 04, 2011

My bub knows she doesnt have to stay in the pram when i could put her on instead...and she lets me know!!! dont know why i bothered to buy a pram!

+ Easy to use, extremely convenient, bub loves it! love how many different options to wear it.

- Can get pretty uncomfortable after a while, hurts my shoulders after 2hrs or so (bub is 7months old). I have the solid fabric style and I live in a HOT climate and it ca get pretty hot and sweaty. they have made a half mesh version now and I WISH they had that one wen i bought mine, but its very cosey in winter!

• 1 review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 22, 2010

I find baby k'tan gives support for my back as well as on both of my shoulders. It's unique 2 loop designs makes baby k'tan very easy to put on and off, especially when I am in hurry. There is no buckle to adjust and no extra fabric that needs to wrap around. With the same carrier, I can carry my son in different positions means I can cradle him to sleep and when he is awake, I can put him in more upright position. Every where I go, people complement on how it looks very comfortable. Not only does it looks comfortable, it is comfortable for me and also for my son.

+ Soft, comfortable to wear, easy to put on and off. Fold neatly into my nappy bag.

- it is not a one size fits all baby carrier.My husband wears different size but it's ok because I am the one who is wearing my baby most of the time. No patterns/prints.

Toowoomba, QLD

• 9 answers
  • 139 helpful votes
Private message

Good

4 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2010

I really like this baby carrier, due to the fact that unlike most sling-style carriers it distributes weight across both shoulders. I have a ring sling and can only wear it for about half an hour before my shoulders start hurting, but this one I can wear for several hours. I like how versatile it is, can be worn front, back and side as well as inward and outward facing, none of the structured carriers I've found are as versatile. I have even breastfed in this carrier with no problems at all. My baby seems to like it too!

+ Easy to use and put on, no fiddly straps or clips; very versatile in terms of how baby can be worn; packs down nice and small for travelling/shoving in the nappy bag; weight distributed over both shoulders

- After a few hours can start to pull on your back/shoulders

• 1 comment
  • 2 answers
  • 16 helpful votes
Private message

Bad

2 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2009

Overall I am disappointed in this sling. I purchased it as there were a number of great reviews from overseas however I find it very uncomfortable. I have watched the instructional videos so I understand how to position it on my body correctly however find it very painful on my back. My baby is slightly heavier than average however I have felt the back pain from the sling since he was newborn at 3.5kg. Now at 5 months I tried the explorer position however could walk to the shops for a 10 minute trip as it was too uncomfortable on my back. I also noticed that my baby bounces up and down in the sling in the explorer position as I walk, very annoying, it must be due to the stretch fabric.

+ Once you watch the instructional videos a few times it is reasonably easy to use

- Getting a newborn into the sling can be tricky initially. The sling is also very uncomfortable and my back was very sore in all positions that I have tried.

• 1 review

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 11, 2009

I love this carrier. It is so easy to wear and fast to put on and it does not pull on your shoulders like some other carriers I've tried. Hardly feels like I'm wearing it. I've tried most of the 8 positions and all are very easy to do and my baby loves being in it. I wear it everywhere now when I go out and don't know how I did without it.

+ - So easy to use compared to other carriers I've tried.
- No complicated wrapping, tying or buckles etc.
- Lots of wearing positions