Filter By:

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Typical "its not our fault", but happy to charge for services not provided

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 09, 2019

When will telcos be held accountable for "services" they charge for? 2 months with no connection so closed account. No offers to refund, just the usual "we can troubleshoot" but you might have to pay for it depending on what we find. No thankyou im not paying to fix a bad line on a rental, in which we supposedly pay a "rental" fee for the line.
Day we cancel acccount we get a bill for another month, Barefoot sends an email stating they will refund. Blatant theft of our money
Terrible connection from the start, if it rained... no connection. Hot day.... no connection etc...

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Matty M,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

The Barefoot team

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Useless company. 5 Weeks without service. Why is it never their fault?

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

Ordered ADSL2+ internet more than 5 weeks ago, and I still don't have any service.
Called customer support and they kept saying it's not their fault and they can't do anything about it, and tells me to keep waiting.
Find another company!

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Scott,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue ASAP?

Perth

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN HFC (Cable)

Dishonest provider but no problems with the internet connection.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 17, 2018

When I sign up with Barefoot it was during a promotion of getting internet for $59/month with the 1st month free. They charged me for the first month & when I question this they said I will be getting the 2nd month free. After a few months I notices I still hadn't had a free month so I questioned this & they said that promotion has expired now so I will not be getting a free month but I am now on a 'promotion' that means after 6 months of signing up they are going to be automatically taking $69/month (which they didn't ask my permission for) out of my account instead. I thought this was misleading & dishonest so I made a complaint & they backed themselves up. I think its wrong that company's can lie to you about getting something then taking extra money out of your account without even asking. I haven't had any issues with the internet itself.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Amy, Thanks for your review, glad to hear you have had no issues with the service. We can confirm that at the time you signed up our promotion for the second month free expired - this was ... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Stay away! Will never give you any service, LIE to you, then REFUSE to refund you, and then blame yo

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 10, 2018

All email exchanges and correspondence with Barefoot have been uploaded to an image hosting site for reference and evidence, to prove that this review is unbiased and supported with claims

I will check back regularly to see if the link is still working, if not, it will be re-uploaded.

Let me address each point one by one from the title.
First of all, do NOT believe any of the positive reviews, they are all fake accounts made by Barefoot to boost their own score on ProductReviews.
If you click onto each individual profile, you will see that all the accounts which gave positive reviews were created on the day (or one day prior) of the review, WITHOUT reviewing anything else. Barefoot does this daily to keep their scores up against the numerous bad reviews.

Now onto the actual review
(All points addressed will have evidence provided to keep this review unbiased)

*****1. No Service.

Placed the order on the 14th September, received an email from Barefoot on the 18th, saying the order is being processed, and I will hear back from them in 3 business days with an update (Which never happened, no updates were received at all)

During this time, as I had an old service active, I emailed Barefoot, to delay the activation until the 27th September, in which they agreed, and stated that the billing cycle will not start until the 27th September.

On the 27th September, I emailed Barefoot again, as there was STILL NO internet, I received a response from Barefoot confirming that there was no internet indeed.

*****2. Barefoot LIES to you

At this point, I was extremely fed up, so I called Barefoot to get some answers. The customer support team tells me that I have no internet, because the request is being rejected by OPTUS, and when I ask why, they said they have no idea why, and they are UNABLE to find out for me.

When I asked why I haven't been updated about the requests being rejected, they told me that they HAVE notified me through email and SMS, but due to a systems error, I didn't receive it. At this point I requested a callback from a supervisor, and I was told I will receive a callback in 15 mins.

After about 45 minutes, I finally get a callback, they told me that, the internet is done through TELSTRA, not Optus (You don't even know which company you are providing internet services from??)

Furthermore, I was then told that there was NO systems error, and they DID NOT notify me.
When asked why, they replied that "there was no need to notify you, it has only been 10 business days since you signed up, this is within our reasonable time frame not to provide internet."

I asked them: "In the email, you said there will be internet on the 27th September, why is there still no internet"

They started to stutter on the phone: "Well umm, look mate, uhhh, when we say the 27th, we don't really mean it's actually going to start on the 27th, it's just an approximation mate"

I was furious: "There was no mention that this date was approximate in the email. What's the approximation? A few days? A week?"

Barefoot replied: "We don't know."

I then asked, "Okay then, when will I have internet? Can you give me a guaranteed time?"

They said: "That's hard to say, it can be another 2 weeks, 1 month, we don't know."

I replied: "So you're saying, that I may never ever get internet, forever, and Barefoot has no legal obligation to do anything about it."

Barefoot: "Yeah, that's right, when you sign up, you signed all your rights away in your waiver, it says that we don't have to provide any services to anybody within any time frame, without any consequences."

*****3. Barefoot blames their problems on you

On the 28th September, Barefoot sends me an email saying that my service is active, I immediately setup my modem, and it worked for a few hours, and then it suddenly stopped working (DNS server stopped responding), no matter how many times I restarted and re-setup my modem (With a CD and manually)

At this point, I was mentally exhausted having to deal with so many problems with Barefoot, so I called them immediate to cancel the service and refund my charges.

The person on the other end was extremely hostile

Barefoot: "This is most likely not our problem, your modem is probably broken."

I replied: "I am fairly sure that's not the case, it was just working fine before."

Barefoot: "We've had lots of people with a working modem, and then they suddenly just broke for no reason, it happens."

I replied: "I find that hard to believe, that's ok, I will ask for a refund instead of dealing with Barefoot."

Barefoot: "Look mate, why are you changing companies? You can't just run into some problems with a company, then change companies, all the other companies will have the same problems as us!"

I replied: "I want a refund, and if not, I will be reporting this issue to the TIO."

Barefoot: "If you report us to the TIO (Ombudsman), we won't refund you, we will just wait for a letter from the TIO."

(Barefoot THREATENED to not refund me if I report them to the TIO (Ombudsman) )

I replied: "Ok, I won't make a report if I receive a refund."
They said they will pass the information onto the billing team.

After the call, I took the modem to my friends house, it works perfectly.
(I had to make sure, because after all, if it is my issue, then I can't blame Barefoot)

*****4. Barefoot REFUSES a refund.

I receive an email on the 4th October from Barefoot, saying that, they still haven't charged me $59 for the line connection fee, and since I owe them $59, they will NOT be processing a refund.

That's completely irrelevant, Barefoot insisted that they don't provide a stand-alone internet service, and they insisted that they connect the line for me.

And I have not received a SINGLE BIT of service from Barefoot, so it's irrelevant whether the line is connected or not, because there has NEVER BEEN an internet connection.
Barefoot will use any excuse to get out of refunding you.

This report is more than 1300+ words and has taken me over 2 hours to write, no person in their right mind will go out of their way this much to write a report like this, unless they deem this to be the most appropriate action after being BULLIED by Barefoot.

If any PR from Barefoot wants to respond to this, and has trouble finding which points to respond to, I will make a summary for you.

1. Why has Barefoot told me the internet service is provided by Optus, when in fact Barefoot's internet is provided by Telstra?
2. Why haven't I received any updates within 3 business days as stated in the email by Barefoot? (not just 3 days, updates AT ALL)
3. Why didn't I get a callback from the manager in the stated time frame?
4. Why did Barefoot lie to me and say that you DID notify me, but there was a systems error, which caused me to not receive any notifications? (Then later admit that no notification was ever actually sent)
5. Why was there no internet on the 27th September as stated in the email?
6. Why did Barefoot tell me, the date of the 27th September is just an approximation? When in the email, it doesn't state that this date is an approximation?
7. Why did Barefoot blame me for having a broken modem as the reason for the lack of internet, when the modem works perfectly fine? (Modem tested at another location)
8. Why did Barefoot threaten to not refund me if I make a report to the TIO?

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Vincent, Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review. Firstly, the claims you have made about fake product reviews are incorrect. All of our reviews on Product Review are 100% genu... read more »

"Imagine if we refunded everyone who asked for a refund, we'd have to refund tens or hundreds of thousands of people! The company would go broke!" - Barefoot Manager, 2018. I will elaborate on this... read more »

Is there anything you would like to say/rebut Barefoot?

Perhaps release all the phone calls as evidence if you think my review is biased and unfair?

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

NBN Account lie and fraud

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 17, 2018

After signing up to NBN100 with the promotion price check that i couldn't get the speed pass 50 decide to downgrade to NBN50, after downgrading they still decide to charge me the full amount instead of the promotion price, called and advise why they still charging me full price instead of promotion price. After the next billing cycle seem like they did nothing. So called and decide to cancel due to them been incompetent misleading lairs and over charging without promotional price. They advise they can fix the price and no need to cancel. They only offer to refund for the overcharge as i advise i wanted to cancel the service with them as they are liars. As this is their issue i ask for refund my pro-rata for only using their service for 11 days due to them overcharging and not with promotional price. Should stay away from this company as there are better company out there. Wouldn't even bother recommending this company to anyone.

August 16th 2018 Update: Barefoot are useless

Called to cancel my service with them they send email to confirm but they refuse to cancel the service and still want to direct debit me for the service. They are so useless. Bad provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi OneyeBear,

This doesn't sound right, please confirm your account number so we can investigate and advise ASAP.

I also advise the date to be cancel and you guys delay the cancellation so you could direct debit me before canceling my account.

Hi OneyeBear,

This is not right at all, can you please confirm your account number so we can investigate and advise ASAP.

• 4 comments
  • 12 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Once great

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 24, 2018

I used to love barefoot telecom until they failed to fix my nbn properly and then their true colours showed... offered no support as they claimed there was no issue... refused to accept anything i had to say... now I'm with another isp and my internet is 15mbps faster out of a upto50 plan which tells me they don't allocate enough bandwidth to customers... their call centre is also a nightmare, can never get through, always having to leave a message and wait for a return call...

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Buck, We are sorry to hear this. If we advised that there was no issue, this would have been the response we received from nbn, who own the network. Can you advise your account number with Ba... read more »

You had two months of ongoing arguements that showed you didnt care, youve had your chance, now wear the review... it worked out for me anyway as your lousy 30mbps out of 50 is obliterated by my new isps constant 40-47mbps out of 50...

Hi Buck,

As previously advised, if we advised that there was no issue, this would have been the response we received from nbn.

Barefoot team

Rockhampton

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Consider other providers

1 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2018

Poor customer service and dodgy practices. NBN is fast but I would hardly put that down do barefoot rather than fibre to the building. Consider other providers in my opinion.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Alex, We are sorry to hear this. From our notes we can see you had a billing dispute about a service which you and your partner never requested to cancel. Please be advised we are a mon... read more »

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

No better than other internet providers!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 15, 2018

Have been waiting for the ADSL connection to be activated for nearly 20 days now and they are just inordinately prolonging the waiting period. Furthermore, despite paying 149 dollars for the internet order, I keep getting messages stating that the payment was declined. When this was pointed out to a customer care representative, their initial response was: 'So what's wrong with that message?'. After realizing their mistake, they could only offer the following explanation: 'The messages were generated by the system by mistake! Just ignore them'!. How PATHETIC!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ehteshamul,

This doesn't sound right and we want to investigate this ASAP.

Can you please provide your account number so we can look into this issue immediately and advise?

The Barefoot team

• 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Absolutely rubbish! Constant errors and customer service discriminates!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 10, 2018

I bought the NBN on the lowest speed/price possible. Only needed a unlimited connection where speed was really no concern. I am on a pension so needed it cheap.

Getting the connection going wasn't difficult, even though I had my own modem. That being said... once it was going it wasn't...

Nothing but constant refresh errors, pages not loading, etc etc etc. Absolutely no tweak or nothing I did could fix the issues. I switched over to Optus after two weeks of the nonsense and going back and forth checking my settings. Once I made the switch, NOT A DRAMA!

In between the switch I had to call them up for some reason to get the 'move' happening. I was asked what service I had and I told them I had the NBN. I have a slight speech impediment so the customer service rep kept constantly hammering away at me with a dumb butt question like 'You said you have the MBN, what's the MBN? Tell me what the MBN is'

With discriminatory service like this I am glad I moved!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Russell,

We are terribly sorry to hear this and want to get to the bottom of this matter ASAP.

Please advise your account number so our management team can review this.

Barefoot team

Melbourne

• 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Terrible, slow and unusable service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 01, 2017

Experienced constant service dropouts (there were entire days when the connection wouldn’t stay up any longer than 5 mins) and extremely slow connection speeds of less than 5 Mbps down on ADSL2+, made the service totally unusable.
Called support and was told to try a different modem and get the phone line checked, even though I explained that I had a fast and reliable service at the same premise with a previous service provider. I had no choice but to switch to another service provider who can actually provide a fast, reliable and usable internet service. Very disappointed with Barefoot.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Will,

We are sorry to hear this, can you please call or email our support team and advise if you have been able to resolve the drop out and speed issues with Telstra or another provider?

Regards
The Barefoot Team

Barefoot Telecom was the cause of the drop outs and speed issues (as per my review above). When I switched to another provider my Internet service returned to an acceptable state.

Central Coast

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Painfully Slow Service and Inconsistent Download Speed.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 12, 2017

NBN service with upgraded speed. Was never impressed with the speed.

Poor service due to lack of service staff. Whenever you ring up, you can't speak to someone. You have to leave your details for them to call you back when they are ready. This makes service outages so much longer to fix especially when NBN has to be involved. The staff are generally nice but their service model is a joke. They are very quick when you want to enquire about a new service, however for service, you have to wait, sometimes overnight. Unacceptable.

I lasted three months with them. I had three major outages in this period and have since cancelled. I would recommend steering clear of Barefoot and their sister company Mate.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi AAA, We are sorry to hear you were unhappy with your experience. We operate both sales and customer support services on a callback system as we believe this call back system is the best me... read more »

• 1 review
  • 4 helpful votes

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Horrible Service and Connection

1 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 04, 2017

Connected to Barefoot in October 2016. We had no issues until our line started dropping in and out. We called Barefoot and were advised that it was the NBN connection. Waited two weeks to hear back from them, still without internet only to be told we would have to change modems. We returned our modem and are still waiting to be reimbursed for this. We continued to pay our bills although the service was practically no longer working. We are now moving houses and the company has still not discounted our bills for the loss of service three months after first reporting. This company has massive issues communicating and clearly does not care about its customers. Would only recommend this service if you enjoy no internet connection and a company taking your money and not refunding you.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Madeline,

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience.

Please DM us your account number so we can have the billing team look into your account and try and get this resolved for you.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

iPrimus suck, still better than barefoot

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 17, 2017

I signed up for ADSL2, first 48 hours had 300ms ping to google and internet dropped out every few minutes, had 16mbps down for the first 2 weeks. Have had 7mbps sync for the last week, barefoot requested multiple speedtests and then told me my service is meant to be adsl1, so there's no issue. Haha, are you guys serious? Don't believe all of the fake reviews here either. I'm a real person and barefoot telecom suck, don't waste your money. Bad service, bad products. I even have a confirmation email stating I signed up for adsl2 from barefoot.

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Old mate, Your service is provisioned on an ADSL2 port, so it is definitely an ADSL2 service. Any speed over 1Mbps on an ADSL service is considered within specifications by the carrier (Telst... read more »

Then why did it sync at 16Mbps for the first 2 weeks?

Hi Old Mate,

As advised we have logged a request to the carrier to find out.

• 7 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Barefoot ARE your AVERAGE telco

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 12, 2017

Not feeling the "Barefoot" difference - feeling more like Telstra - logged a support call over 2hrs ago still waiting - rang and was told they are the call centre and cant do anything other than log another support call and someone will be call us within the hour - sounds like Telstra speak - sorry but dont need this am wasting MY time waiting for your call - I want to cancel my service and get a refund for the lot - have not used anything as not working - and will go elsewhere - all telcos are the same - unfortunately Barefoot is the same as others. Just had a phone call back from Barefoot, not support but someone to placate me, when i complained to the person - he put me on hold and when he came back I could hear him on my end of the line but he could not hear me - he disconnected the call and has not returned it to explain what will happen - as I can see that is the way it will be. SO will be asking for a FULL refund and go with the other AVERAGE telcos. Who can manage the growth.

7 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Lemi,

Sorry to hear you are unhappy. One of our senior team members has been assigned to call you ASAP to discuss.

• 6 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Huge expectations and promises - Zero follow through.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 08, 2017

Day 1 - Sales - I ended up talking to [name removed] in sales. Nice guy and the only part to the barefoot experience that I enjoyed. I wanted to get the 100/40 NBN unlimited service on the HFC network. So I ordered that and then paid a $145 for an NBN compatible modem. To be fair $145 for an AC1600 modem router is not too bad.

They then told me that it would be 1-3 days to get a connection date that was on the 24th of December, today's the 6th. :-(.

He then tells me "that connections are between 7-14 days, but yours will be 16 days or more, but we tell you 7-14 days because of worst case scenario it may be quicker. " ugh...what!!!! .... did you hear what you actually just said? It makes zero sense. At this point, I am thinking that Barefoot is actually a training ground for clowns and circus performers or I'm being punked. I should cut my loses at this point, but i persist instead #badmove.

I ring back and try to get more information about what's happening a couple of days later and the reply is "you'll just to wait, as there is a wait on HFC cause its new technology". So I think fair enough and give some extra time, and I wait. Then I do some more waiting and wait and wait. Did I mention waiting?

I give it two days between each call, and I continue to get the same answer over and over again, "please wait".

Next, I go to the NBN directly via Twitter and get a response; they tell me that an order for my address has not even been placed yet!!!! The NBN ask me for my order number, So i ring Barefoot to get it, expect they have no idea what that is and can't give it to me. #seriously!!! They tell me it's because of their wholesaler and it will be no different anywhere I go. #getanewwholesaler

So I call their bluff and go to a couple of other companies - They all give me an installation date right there on the phone via accessing the NBN portal directly. I go to two other companies ....precisely the same thing, they both also give me an installation date right there and then.

I back to Barefoot and ask to speak to someone, and their phone system for leaving messages is broken, and I proceeded to tell the guy in sales about it so they can fix it. He rudely tells me that it's my phone and hangs up in my face -rudely. #bigbreathinbigbreathout

I'll be honest; I really wanted to like these guys and for them to be really good. The reviews seem great, but so far it has been a joke.

Here's a free tip for you Barefoot - keeping a customer informed is the key to customer satisfaction, even if you can't supply the service that you say you can, (which at this point it seems you can't) keeping them in the loop is critical - no just saying "you'll have to wait".

So based on all of the trial and tribulations, today I decided to cancel my application and subscription before it even gets started and go somewhere else.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Pete, Sorry to have lost you as a customer. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of NBN Co. We were advised by NBN Co. directly that there is currently an issue with the NBN portal generating app... read more »

Thanks for your comments, My only answer to this is three things; 1 - Tell your customers that the problem exists before signing or when you find out. Allow the customer to make an informed... read more »

• 6 comments
  • 6 helpful votes
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

This service can't even load speedtest.net - now that's bad

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2016

So bad. I was better off using dial up internet. Or leapfrogging from my phone. This service occasionally comes close to the mbs you're paying for. But mostly it can't even play netflix reliably. Less honest than the government.

6 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ally,

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Have you contacted our support team so we can troubleshoot? We would love to try and rectify any issues.

Yes I did.

Hi Ally,

Can you advise of the ticket number received if email contact was made with our support team?

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Honestly not worth the time and money. Junk!

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 14, 2016

We setup an ADSL 2 connection to our house. Our old speeds use to be 12 fast and flat down and 1.2 up. Now with barefoot, we get the barefoot minimum. 2-5mbs down and .2 up if we're lucky. The line can now not even handle the 4 people in the house. We shouldn't have moved from TPG i didn't realise they would provide us with a worse connection. These reviews now seem dodgy, too many positive reviews for an ISP. Somethings sketchy. We rang the tech support on the first day of activation and the technician said "So would you like to cancel than?" The customer support is so bad. You ring, they take your details EVERY TIME and then call you back. What kind of call centre is that! I've had to give my details EVERY TIME over 10 TIMES! Turns out in the end they put us on ADSL1 instead of ADSL2+ without asking or telling us. Charging us $70 a month for ADSL 1 WHAT A JOKE!

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi John, We are sorry you feel this way. 1. We can assure you that every review on this page is 100% legitimate. 2. When all of our support team are on calls you are directed to our overflow... read more »

Starting a sentence with "Sorry you feel this way" is honestly a little snark. We didn't screw up the install to ADSL 1 when ADSL 2 was available. You did. We feel no way other than cancelling, con... read more »

Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi John, Our response was not intended to be snark at all. As advised, when we initially ordered your service, a service qualification check indicated that no ADSL2 ports were available. The... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Incredibly bad treatment of costumers, very ruthless people operate this business.

1 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 02, 2016

Incredibly terrible treatment of costumers. Very ruthless people operate this business. Don't go with them, many better alternatives out there who operate ethically.

I recently moved out of my house completely (7th of Nov), I made a phone call on the 10th to cancel our connection but because it was 1 day over the "monthly cycle", the 9th of Nov, they decided it would be appropriate to charge me for the whole month, so they charged my account the 9th Nov - 9th of Dec to an empty home. This despite them charging me when I first signed up with them couple of days into the cycle without having any internet access as it was being setup.

To top it off, they somehow magically showed that we used 190gb of data between the 8th and 9th, the house was empty, electricity was disconnected. I have several documents to prove it so, I even told them that, but no, they don't care. I am a leaving customer, who gives a damn about those right? I was too polite to these people, my mistake.

In conclusion, don't go with these guys. They will attempt to screw you over the moment they have an opportunity. Don't trust their "no contract" nonsense, it means nothing, they just charge you for the whole month when you leave them.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Ghamdan, We are sorry to hear you feel this way. Your bill cycle was on the 8th of the month. You advised us to cancel your account on the 10th of the month. Once we cancelled your acco... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 comments
  • 5 helpful votes

Not happy at all

1 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 22, 2016

I just switched from Telstra Broadband to Barefoot NBN. Few problem that still need to be fixed:
1) one of the reasons why I went with barefoot was the modem. The model offered was the AC1200 which is a wireless modem with external antennas that guarantee a better coverage. I received a different modem (netcomm) with antennas inside and I'm struggling in some areas.
2) Nobody from barefoot told me and I couldn't find anywhere in the info provided that barefoot wasn't supporting email services. My web hosting provider did not support this service as well therefore now I cannot send emails from the program (window live) that I always used, that I'm familiar with and that has all my database of contacts and info. Best advice from Barefoot support? "I suggest to create a new email from gmail or hotmail or change your hosting provider". This is a BUSINESS and I CANNOT change my email address!!! May be I should change ISP instead of web hosting provider!
3) Got a message from barefoot that my phone number has been moved from ADSL to Voip and is now active. Cannot make calls nor receiving call. Still waiting barefoot support......

In conclusion, few hours to redeem their quality or time to pack up and send everything back

5 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Romano, 1) We have recently stopped supplying the D-Link modem as we found some customers were experiencing dropouts and speed issues on Fibre to the Node (FTTN) and Fibre to the Basement (FT... read more »

As I said, it would have been nice to have these information BEFORE signing the contract and spend the money for a modem and Voip device! As well as would have been nice to know that you are not a... read more »

Hi Romano,

We believe you have spoken to our operations manager regarding some of your concerns. We hope that this discussion helped explain your queries.

Nearly 3 weeks but still not connected to Internet

1 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 12, 2016

Ordered a new connection on 21 September, it was supposed to be connected within 14 days.
On 14 day got a message that it is a Greenfield site, greenfield member will contact me. Still waiting to be connected to the Internet and be contacted by Greenfield.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Raj, As discussed, NBN Co. has determined your address to be a Greenfields site. Unfortunately when this is the case the Greenfields team at NBN Co. contact you directly. We are only provided... read more »

Everytime I contact Barefoot Telecom, I am asked to wait with no clear timeframes from 21 September 2016 till now(Nearly 50 Days). On 3 Nov 2016 I was asked to talk to NBN directly which I did toda... read more »

Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Raj, Unfortunately the Greenfields team at NBN Co. have taken over your installation - when this happens we are unable to control this. We understand your frustration as these issues can drag... read more »

1 of 2 pages