Filter By:

Sydney

• 9 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Deceptive marketing

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 04, 2018

The only reason I am awarding 2 stars is that they include the $10 discount (first 6 months) in the advertised price. It’s not cool to be dishonest to your customers.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Steve, Thanks for your review. We are unsure why you believe this is deceptive, as it clearly stated both online and in our terms and conditions that the advertised price is a promotional offe... read more »

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Never refunded me money for the time the internet was down!

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 26, 2018

Our internet was only active 10 days after barefoot told us that the internet was active.
We attempted three times to get some sort of deduction or compensation back. Every time we spoke to someone on the phone we have been told that they will double check and get back to us. Unfortunately nothing ever happened.

I would give more stars but based on my above mentioned experience and also based on the slow internet we are having, we can't give any more then 2 stars.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Simone,

Sorry to hear this.

We have organised our support team to contact you ASAP.

The Barefoot team

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Will be changing provider

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

I needed a net phone and from the beginning I’ve had problems. Initially I was charged from a date about 4 days prior to being connected. They disputed the date was wrong, said I had my dates wrong but paper work shows NBN not connected until after the billing date. I then phoned because no one could call my number, because barefoot tried and it worked my word meant nothing. No one can reach me, and now I get cut off after talking for about five minutes. Haven’t phoned them, what’s the point, just going to change provider.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Richelle,

Sorry to hear this.

We have organised our support team to contact you ASAP to discuss this issue.

The MATE TEAM

Perth

• 1 helpful vote
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Meh

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Slow service - this isn’t their fault but when I contacted them to look it it - total disinterest I trying to resolve issue.

Help Desk are condescending and unhelpful.

When you ring Barefoot - they never answer. Have to leave a message and they call you back.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Brian,

Sorry to hear this. We are horrified to hear that our support team were unhelpful.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this issue immediately?

The Barefoot team

Verified Customer Connection Type: I don't know

Very often in the afternoon/ evening slower internet than my plan states, so I could not watch inter

2 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Not reliable, I can't make a plan to watch internet TV in the evenings. The internet speed is lower than it should be. Spoke to someone in company about my problems and I was given website to go and record/ report speed in different times of the day. I can't record speed on the working days as I am at work. Anyway it was so complicated that I have given up.
Simply, I need quick internet in the afternoons/ evenings and weekends to be able to watch internet TV. I am on the 100mb/sec plan ($99.00 per month) and it should be more than enough for internet TV. I have NBN connection with broadband.
I am not happy the way Barefoot dealt with my complaints.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Andja,

Sorry to hear this.

We have organised our support team to contact you so we can troubleshoot.

The MATE TEAM

• 4 comments
  • 1 question
  • 5 answers
  • 5 helpful votes
Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Issues with Account

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 21, 2018

Currently dealing with a problem regarding Payments with Barefoot Support. They have been repeatedly told on multiple occasions that I can’t afford final payment of $123.00 right now after I officially cancelled my Services not long ago.

It seems like Support are blatantly ignoring my pleas as a excuse that I can afford payment when I made it crystal very clear I can’t at this Time.

Sorry, but I can’t recommend Barefoot Telecom at the present Time.

Bradley.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Bradley G.,

Sorry to hear this.

Can you please advise your account number so we can look into this ASAP?

Please read, I no longer have a Account Number because it was cancelled by me way beforehand - Yet you Guys still chase me for a amount I can’t afford to pay or even pay off at this Time.

Hi Bradley G.

Can you please advise the account number of your closed account?

Melbourne

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Good when it works

2 out of 5, reviewed on May 07, 2018

NBN Fibre To The Node FTTN package. Was easy to connect but often has frequent dropouts, requiring reboot of modem to get working again. Online and email support is non existent. When working, speed is good and I would rate 5 stars if not for the dropouts and poor customer service

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mark,

We are sorry to hear this.

The most common fault with a FTTN service is DSL sync drops.

Please call our support team so that we can raise a fault with NBN to try and resolve the issue.

Regards

The Barefoot Team

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Lies! there is a connection fee

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 30, 2018

Only after signing up do you find out you have to pay a connection fee of $168 is the phone line is not already connected. Also it is Telstra connection.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Miss, We can confirm that none of our services have any connection fees. For ADSL connections, a standard Telstra line activation fee will apply to connect your telephone phone service if ... read more »

San Remo

• 1 comment

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Still no service after a month

2 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 14, 2018

I made my order and paid the $149 for the modem. It’s been about a month and Barefoot have still not managed to connect me to the internet. They blame it on my address not being registered, yet all my neighbours have Internet.
The customer service has been amazing till today, hence I have been patient. Today I spoke to [name removed] who abruptly told me if I’m not happy I can look else where. I explained that I just wanted a rough time frame and he told me ‘there’s no timeframe and I just have to wait’. I’m so disgusted with being spoken to in such a derogatory manner. I understand that every case is different and I’ve been willing to be patient, but today’s rudeness was a complete let down for your company.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Shasta,

If one of our agents were rude, we are terribly sorry to hear this and want to get to the bottom of this matter ASAP.

Please advise your account number so our management team can review this immediately.

Barefoot team

Hi,

Account no: 584532

• 1 comment
Private message

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Tech support??? What's with Getting a call back

2 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 06, 2016

As a brand new customer I wasn't sure what to expect upon requesting tech support to set up my nbn modem. So after checking this with the hours of availability of your tech support (something I never had to do in the last as my previous telco had much longer and more flexible tech support) I called and I found that my details are taken and then the phone is hung up. I called around 6:20 pm and was assured I would get a call back in a few minutes. At 6:55 I had still not received a call. I was concerned that I would have to wait until the next day so called back a second time only to have my details taken again and no help given. Finally at 6:57 I received a call and the tech was great. Had the clock clicked past 7:00 three minutes later I would not have gotten any help at all. I am surprised, baffled in fact that you are able to run tech support in this way and am strongly considering cancelling my contract.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Benji, Thanks for your feedback. Our support team operates from 8:30am - 7:00pm Monday to Saturday. If all of our support team are on calls, your call is directed to our overflow service w... read more »

I was not insinuating anything. It was the information that YOUR staff told me on the phone. So instead of accusing me, your customer of getting it wrong, maybe have a look at the processes that yo... read more »

Hi Benji,

We have raised this with our overflow team. To clarify, you will 100% receive a call back, as long as you call within our operating hours.

Thanks for your feedback.

• 4 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Not upfront about costs and nature of installation, and caused problems even after cancelled

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

When I rang up barefoot to get a quote, I was told that the installation fee would be $59. I double checked this, as another internet provider told us we would need to get a technician out and I wanted to make sure I knew of all the upfront costs. I was assured that $59 would be the only setup cost and as a result I decided to proceed. Much to my annoyance, a couple of days later I was told that the cost would actually be close to $200 as they would need to get a technician out. We did not have an active phone line they told us, and we should contact our landlord to get them to pay the cost. This was untrue, given that our landlord subsequently advised us that there was in fact an active phone line, it just happened to be with optus rather than telstra. Thinking we would just go with optus, I called up to cancel and was refunded. Unfortunately, Barefoot had already proceeded to organise the technician (prior to us agreeing, in fact we never agreed, to a technician coming to the property), and failed to cancel the technician visit, so instead I have received numerous calls and texts from telstra about a technician visit that was never requested nor approved at our rental property.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Failedconnection, Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately in some cases the network owner (in this case Telstra) will come back to us once an order is placed and advise that an in-... read more »

Sydney, NSW

• 12 helpful votes

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Bad Internet Service and Customer Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

I subscribed to this ISP based on the reviews here. Reviews were accurate on how fast the service was established. In less than a week the Internet was up and running and I didn't even have to be home.

Issues:
1. In their website Barefoot claimed you can use any modem and offer to help setting it up. When I called them for help their representative went: we don't support iiNet [name removed] and how some internet providers lock their modems blah blah. He called back and apologised and offered to help but it was hassle for me and I didn't appreciate the way he first talked to me considering there was no pre-requisite to certain modem

2. The Internet service is slow! And I live around 5 km away from the city. Forget about playing a video games on a console or tablet. Forgot about watching video streams or podcasts or (God forbids) to attend a webinar!
I raised a simple question to their help desk," is this internet plan fast enough for video games?", it's been 13 days since I exchanged emails with their Support and no one is confirmed if the damn plan is for regular browsing and downloads or not. They even sent me this stupid link of speedtest! Like I'm a newbie to Internet or something and the result of testing it Early in the morning with one device at home rated 3 stars and the barefoot support claims "it's fair"

3. Their IT support call during my working hours (9-5) and leave voice messages asking me to call back their help desk. When I call the help desk they ask for my contact details and say: someone from our IT support will call you back... And so forth on this cycle!

I'm counting the days for the first month to end to move to another ISP. The only reason I gave them two stars not one is for establishing the Internet connection on time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi CH Girl, First of all we would like to apologise for the current issues you are having. In response to your post please see below: 1. This is completely unacceptable and has been addressed... read more »