Filter By:

Surry Hills

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Took a while to get connected

4 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 11, 2019

It took a while to get my service connected as Telstra kept rejecting the order from Barefoot saying there were no ports available at my address. I nearly cancelled the order because Barefoot couldn't guarantee any ports would become available. Eventually (3 weeks later) Telstra managed to "release" new ports and the service was connected. Connection is good most times although sometimes it can be a little patchy when you watch Instagram stories or if 2 people are streaming at the same time.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Hellibelly,

The Barefoot team.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Finally Telco provider in Oz that works out of the box

4 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2018

Giving 4 stars for old-looking members portal, everything else is great. This was our first move in Oz that did not require technician etc from telco company (we've been with Telstra and Optus directly before). Modem sent to our address worked in plug-and-play fasion. Also there 10GB 30$/mo deal for mobile phone for dsl customers is great value for money. When moving from ADSL to NBN also everything worked out of the box, and we didn't pay anything for technician.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback!

Great service, friendly

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Barefoot are very reliable, friendly and offer a great service. They occasionally have drop outs but these are usually followed up with explanation e-mails or texts.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Nathan,

Thanks for the review!

We appreciate your feedback and glad to hear you have had a positive experience.

Manly

• 1 review
  • 1 answer

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Very good service. I recommend.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 02, 2018

Pros: Reasonably fast and usually consistent. No data limit.
Cons: Dropouts when you need most (peak hours) with quite long downtimes. Could be faster if fibre to the unit instead of to the building.
Price: could be lower but still ok.
Even though Barefoot is still the best provider I know of, there is still room for improvements.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great Internet speed and friendly service. They do direct debit from your account so you don't have

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 30, 2018

Quick Internet. Always friendly service and they are Australian on the phone. Payment is direct debit from your bank which I enjoy because I don't have to worry about paying a paper bill. Never had a problem. Been with them for 12 months. I stream Netflix with no issues.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive feedback!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Happy process, good customer service, product is unfortunately similar to all others in Australia, l

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

Occasional dropouts, difficulty with simultaneous multiple device use, overall slow service. This is however my experience of about 5 ISPs at all price points in Cable, ADSL and NBN. We are so far behind the rest of the world.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Keegan,

Great Value Good Service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

We switched from the main australian telco due to over inflated prices and not willing to look after its long term customers , we have nbn and mobile with barefoot and would recommend them to anyone who is after no hassle service and a service that just works.
We have been very happy with them so far for the last 6 months , the only issue we have had is the modem we bought through them wasn't the best and had to by another , also their help line is limited but they do try and help till the problem is resolved.
They are also very quick to respond to questions and queries we had overall we think that our old telco could learn something from barefoot.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Mary,

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Great product, friendly service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

There have been a couple of annoying service outages. Communication of these was a little slow. Remediated quickly however. This is my only negative for this service which is great.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Matthew,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Really good value for money and great customer service

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 29, 2018

Very reliable, but there have been at least two dropouts in the last 12 months. Very satisfied with the service and support.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Tony,

• 1 review
  • 1 comment
  • 1 question
  • 1 answer

could improve

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 24, 2018

good connection till evening between 6 till 10 can go from 50mbts speed 5 meg a sec, down to basic adsl 512k speed so frustrating if you are trying to online game of youtube with more than 2 others online so this could improve.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Sion,

Thanks for your review!

If you experience slow speeds during the evening on a regular basis, be sure to let our support team know so we can check and see if we can resolve this issue for you.

The Barefoot team

I was assuming it was due to peak times there congestion on lines.but if this is not the case yes ill be in contact to see if this can be rectified .
regards Steven Williams.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great service, especially for the price.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 22, 2018

Barefoot's services are amazing for the price I pay, Compared to more well know telco's, barefoot is honest and straight forward. Even when I left temporarily from Barefoot, no hassle or fuss, Barefoot were more then accommodating for me to leave and more then welcoming for when i decided to return. So far i have only had one outage from barefoot with plenty of information to keep me up to date.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Nic,

Glad to hear you are so happy, and that we have kept you informed!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ISP Cable

Great provider

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 19, 2018

Very reliable service with no problems never had a dropout yet and three teens full time online gamers my unlimited plan is excellent.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Will,

Many thanks for your review, much appreciated!

Ok on Average

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

On average, not much issue and internet is ok. Occasionally signal gets drop off, not sure if that’s the provider’s issue or the router’s issue?

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Tung Houng,

If you are experiencing issues please contact our support team on 1300 017 622 so we can investigate.

The Barefoot team

Great value for money

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

Barefoot one of the easiest ISPs I have used. Customer service and actual Internet service is top notch. Only thing that might be lacking is customer notification via sms or something non Internet when their are outages.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Andrew,

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Efficient & informative customer service; reasonably stable streaming

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

The pricing is very competitive, furthermore, the customer service is excellent and I was surprised how easy the initial set-up was (from ADSL to NBN).
In the evenings we can achieve around a 28 - 33 Mbps download speed which is a vast improvement from our previous ADSL connection (with a different ISP) with which we were obtaining speeds of 7 MBps. Noting that due to our NBN having to piggyback on our existing copper lines, it means that there is a significant limitation to the maximum speed achievable. Nevertheless, we have since subscribed to Netflix and am generally satisfied with the video streaming. We do have occasional dropouts in the evenings, but nothing to frustrate us that much.
Overall, we are very satisfied with Barefoot Telecom's service and performance.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Violet,

Cheers for your feedback!

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTB (Fibre to the Building)

I really like Barefoot. They are very helpful and very easy to understand

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

The connection is good. It can be slow on the weekends. I'm thinking of increasing my speed to the next one up. I'm at 20/50 at the moment. It's only $20 more a month to increase. Making it $89 which is still $30 bucks less than what I used to paid with broadband.
Their customer service is very good. Friendly, helpful and patient. They speak clearly, and I am always able to solve my problem over the phone.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Earl,

Very glad to hear you have had a good experience!

If you are experiencing speed issues on the weekend, please be sure to contact our support team on 1300 017 622 so we can investigate.

Solid internet provider

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 17, 2018

So far no drop outs compared with my old provider belong, which would drop out all the time with the mid range plan
Barefoot has reliable fast speeds for the same price, and not one drop out so far.
I have had no issues with barefoot and I am quite please for what I am paying for, considering the above average cost for internet prices compared to overseas countries

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Babbs,

Cheers for your feedback!

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Service is good, product is questionable

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

I have to restart the modem often, ADSL2 normally download is around 9-10.5 mbps but can get low as 1.3mbps that's when have to restart modem, Upload is always very slow lucky to 1.5mbps

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Guilio,

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are experiencing any issues, please contact our support team so we can troubleshoot.

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Great Speed

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Reliable and good service. We had speed problem in the beginning but their technical Team sorted all.
Happy with them.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Vihar,

Thanks for your feedback.

Happy to hear that our support team sorted our your issue.

Best Telecommunications company by far

4 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2018

Clear speaking, friendly, get back to me when they say they will. The only drawback would be that they have to go through Telstra and the NBN exchange regarding any work that may need to be done and this delays everything. I honestly feel if Barefoot had immediate access to these services the wait time would be halved.
The only connection issues are associated with Telstra and the NBN unable to provide me with a stable connection. I’m happy that Barefoot will deal with them so I don’t have to.

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi SiouxZee,