Filter By:

Fairfield

Verified Customer Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great Service, Local Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2015

I switched from another provider to Barefoot a few weeks ago and the experience so far has been very good. It's almost impossible to find a local ISP that hasn't cheap-shored it's service arm overseas, these guys are based in Sydney and are a small team so you always speak to a real person. Quality service and support so far, let's hope it doesn't deteriorate otherwise I'll have to look elsewhere... AGAIN!

Great service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 15, 2015

Great customer service which is rare to find. The barefoot team have been great in setting up our ADSL account. Any teething problems we have had have been resolved quickly and efficiently. Highly recommended!

Brisbane

• 3 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Simply Stunning Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 05, 2016

I recently changed internet provider to Barefoot Telecom and what a difference that has made. These guys are dedicated to providing service. Remember that word "SERVICE" ? Well Barefoot Telecom provide it in heaps. Their slogan is: "We are not your average Telco". They certainly are not, and on top of that their support is local and not offshore. I highly recommend them to any one looking for a first class internet provider.

Maitland NSW 2323

• 2 answers
  • 6 helpful votes

Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

This company is the real deal as far as I am concerned!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 20, 2016

I wrote a review a while ago about the BELONG NBN plan and how disgusted I was with the service.
Well I eventually was able to get out of my contract via the "Communications Ombudsman".
I had to start looking on the web all over again looking for a company that wasn't going to be the same as the previously mentioned one.
I was also armed with the knowledge that I had accrued over the four month period with Belong.
Well just when I thought I was never going to find one, low and behold I found one.
The company's name is BAREFOOT. It sounds a bit of an unusual name but this is where it gets interesting :-
This is an NBN internet supply only (but you can still get the Voip or similar service separately).
There is no contract.
There is no connection fee.
You only pay your first month's payment of $79-00 to be connected.
The minimum speed with this company is 50/20mbps and 200gbs per month (That's my plan).
NOT 12 or 25 but 50mbps.
If you want to go to a higher speed i.e) 100/40mbps it will cost you another $10-00 and you can get unlimited for a further $10-00 per month on any plan.
The only negative with company is they DO NOT supply a router suitable for NBN.
You will have to purchase one from a store yourself.
I purchased a used one from Gumtree at a fraction of it's retail price and it is working great.

I hope I have given all of you who read this a little bit of an insight and help.
Just a small note regarding the quality of this service.
I have had NO DROP OUTS, I repeat NO DROP OUTS since connecting with this provider.

Sydney NSW

Awesome Customer Service!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 13, 2016

Barefoot Telecom have provided the most amazing customer service and surpassed anything I received (in my 8 years with iiNet). I call Barefoot, they answer the call.....with a local Australian on the other end of the phone, one who actually understands what I am asking for. I email Barefoot a question about my pending connect...,,,,I receive an answer to my email within 10 minutes, with an answer to my question!! I am told by Barefoot that my service will be connect by a set date......my service is up and running BEFORE the said date. I have now had my ADSL service up and running for over a month, and not a hiccup, we have not had the service drop out once. Everything is running smoothly, the price is super competitive, the internet speed is great (and we usually have 4 computers logged in at once). I would highly recommend Barefoot for anyone who is looking for a company with "old fashioned", (on shore) service and a fantastic product. Give them a go, you really won't regret it.

Awesome customer service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 01, 2016

We recently had a new NBN installation. Set up was completed in the advised timeframes. Connection is fast. Very happy. I would like to thank the Barefoot team for their quality customer service and their promptness. Their website says "not you average telco", I would definitely say they are superb. Many thanks again.

Sydney, NSW

• 12 helpful votes

Bad Internet Service and Customer Service

2 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 18, 2016

I subscribed to this ISP based on the reviews here. Reviews were accurate on how fast the service was established. In less than a week the Internet was up and running and I didn't even have to be home.

Issues:
1. In their website Barefoot claimed you can use any modem and offer to help setting it up. When I called them for help their representative went: we don't support iiNet [name removed] and how some internet providers lock their modems blah blah. He called back and apologised and offered to help but it was hassle for me and I didn't appreciate the way he first talked to me considering there was no pre-requisite to certain modem

2. The Internet service is slow! And I live around 5 km away from the city. Forget about playing a video games on a console or tablet. Forgot about watching video streams or podcasts or (God forbids) to attend a webinar!
I raised a simple question to their help desk," is this internet plan fast enough for video games?", it's been 13 days since I exchanged emails with their Support and no one is confirmed if the damn plan is for regular browsing and downloads or not. They even sent me this stupid link of speedtest! Like I'm a newbie to Internet or something and the result of testing it Early in the morning with one device at home rated 3 stars and the barefoot support claims "it's fair"

3. Their IT support call during my working hours (9-5) and leave voice messages asking me to call back their help desk. When I call the help desk they ask for my contact details and say: someone from our IT support will call you back... And so forth on this cycle!

I'm counting the days for the first month to end to move to another ISP. The only reason I gave them two stars not one is for establishing the Internet connection on time.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi CH Girl, First of all we would like to apologise for the current issues you are having. In response to your post please see below: 1. This is completely unacceptable and has been addressed... read more »

Blacktown

• 7 answers

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 25, 2016

Firstly, I would like to thank John (from sales team I think sorry) and barefoot team for great service. Barefoot telecom wasn't listed on the providers around parramatta area so called them. John looked it up and found out I could get nbn with them. He helped me signed up with 100/40 plan on Friday and Monday all connected. So far so good fast and no drop out. Give Barefoot Telecom a chance and try them. They are not the cheapest but cheaper than some and way way better service. Thank you so much barefoot team.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi YTO,

Thanks for your review! Great to hear of your positive experience.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Weren't able to connect us, but good customer service.

4 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 02, 2016

They were not able to tell us in advance that they couldn't connect us because we were on Optus lines, but they have good customer service & helped us out.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi John R,

Sorry we couldn't help you, but thanks for the great feedback!

Most Excellent :D

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 12, 2016

I got connected to NBN a few months ago and have had incredible internet conectivity since :D
The connection is fast reliable and well fast :D
I had run into one drama connecting to a online game server but the support staff got back to me in great time and helped me fix the issue (which was self inflicted as it turned out)
all in all a very efficient friendly and profesional ISP team :D
they iz Ub3r L33T

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Artor,

Thanks for your great review! Glad to hear you have had a great experience!

Hopeless customer service

1 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

Requested standalone broadband plan, After checking my area exchange I was told that they can provide me adsl2+ Once the phone line was active plan fee was processed and then after few days they informed they can not provide.

It's been over 8 days they still haven't refunded paid amount or any updates from them but I'm very happy I didn't get the service.

4 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi G.S, Sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue. Can you please contact our support team on 1300 017 622 as we have no record of this. All refunds are processed within three business ... read more »

Hi, Yes I have already sent a message through barefoot contact us page few days ago before posting here. I was also told by barefoot agent on the phone that refund will be processes within 1-3 days... read more »

Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi G.S, Our support team have contacted you today via email and processed your refund. We apologise about the delay on this. Unfortunately the only way to know if a service will be provisione... read more »

Refreshing Refreshing

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 30, 2016

We recently moved into a place that was services by NBN and having lived in the USA I was used to fast internet and pretty good all round service. I know Telstra have picked up their customer service game but I felt they were still a bit too pricey. So I started reviewing unknown providers.
I settled on my first phone call with the guys at Barefoot and found immediate super helpful service with clear technical support. I felt not only were they doing good business but they wanted me to have a great experience and this is what I received.
Although I'm only in my first month of supply it feels great to have a reliable service and be part of an interested young Australian company.
Connected quickly, excellent technical backup and high speed 100/40 internet all at a fair price.
I'll be sharing Barefoot with my family and friends.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Thanks for your fantastic review! Glad to hear you have had a great experience.

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Not upfront about costs and nature of installation, and caused problems even after cancelled

2 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 31, 2016

When I rang up barefoot to get a quote, I was told that the installation fee would be $59. I double checked this, as another internet provider told us we would need to get a technician out and I wanted to make sure I knew of all the upfront costs. I was assured that $59 would be the only setup cost and as a result I decided to proceed. Much to my annoyance, a couple of days later I was told that the cost would actually be close to $200 as they would need to get a technician out. We did not have an active phone line they told us, and we should contact our landlord to get them to pay the cost. This was untrue, given that our landlord subsequently advised us that there was in fact an active phone line, it just happened to be with optus rather than telstra. Thinking we would just go with optus, I called up to cancel and was refunded. Unfortunately, Barefoot had already proceeded to organise the technician (prior to us agreeing, in fact we never agreed, to a technician coming to the property), and failed to cancel the technician visit, so instead I have received numerous calls and texts from telstra about a technician visit that was never requested nor approved at our rental property.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Failedconnection, Sorry to hear about your experience. Unfortunately in some cases the network owner (in this case Telstra) will come back to us once an order is placed and advise that an in-... read more »

Sydney

Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Australian based but generally pass the buck and can't give you the answers you need

1 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 01, 2016

I am on NBN, the service for the most part started off reasonable. I started having issues and thats where barefoot struggles, because they just resell from NBNco if you have any issue they pass the back to them and you're in a waiting period until NBN decide to get back to them.

The support is OK, the guys are reasonably competent but I guess they're limited to what they are able to do.

I've had drop outs regularly since I've had the service, changed modem and still have the same issues.

3 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi AussieFlyier, We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your service. We can see that our support team have obviously gone through the troubleshooting process including trying a ne... read more »

Sydney

Connection Type: ADSL/ADSL2+

Great Customer Service and BLOODY AUSSIE!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 07, 2016

So I have been trying to get TPG connected for weeks, speaking to a robot in Phillipines, useless, so called Barefoot up and spoke to Frank, awesome bloke located in Sydney, he helped me out, suggested what to do for quicker applications etc, really helpful. They use Telstras gear and are a telstra company so all good! I will see if it is connected within 6-10 working days like they said. so far so good!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi jasonb2909,

Thanks for the great review! Glad to hear your experience has been a positive one.

PS. We use Telstra infrastructure for our ADSL services, however we are not a Telstra company.

Also, Frank said thanks mate! :-)

ok great, thanks for the update

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Incredibly friendly + helpful!!! PERFECT service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 08, 2016

I spoke with a lovely gentleman who was friendly, helpful and without hassle or over analysing the situation. Exactly what I needed. Thank you so much!!!!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the great review!

Private message

Verified Customer Connection Type: NBN FTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Super Service - Super Fast

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 09, 2016

Switched from ADSL2 to NBN, even though civil works stuffed up and hadn't completed the connection to premises, Barefoot managed to get it all organized to happen in one day, my connection was active the very next day, then i had issues connecting the router, one call and 5 minutes later i am up and running.

I switched to Barefoot from Exetel as i was not getting customer service, since I changed over i cannot fault the service, responsiveness and friendly communication... forget the big boys stick with local Aussie excellence
Cheers Matt

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Matty,

Thanks for the fantastic feedback! Glad to hear you are up and running.

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

Outstanding Service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 13, 2016

From sign up to connection the service had been outstanding
Thanks heaps for getting us going without any fuss what soever

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Cooky,

Thanks very much for your great feedback!

Connection Type: NBN Wireless

EXCEPTIONAL SERVICE EVERY TIME

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

Was on ADSL, now NBN, everything was organised in an extremely short time, I have noticed the NBN speed straight away, the team helped me to reset my modem over the phone. Barefoot give me excellent service as always, a great company and provider to deal with, Thank You all

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Merv H,

Glad to hear your experience was positive! Thanks for the review.

Toowoomba

Excellent service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Sep 15, 2016

Thank you for your excellent service. It is such a pleasure to be able to speak with such helpful people. A big congratulations to all the staff. Our connection to the NBN was so well organised and happened without any fuss.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Barefoot Telecom Official

Hi Leona F,

Glad to hear your NBN connection went well!

Glad two see they are in Australian and not using over seas call center

1 of 18 pages