• 2 answers
  • 13 helpful votes

Go to Nunawading and ask for Rick

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 04, 2018

Our consultant, Rick Morris at the Nunawading store was very effective in communicating the benefits of the various products and demonstrating them in a way that was easy to understand without feeling like we we were getting a sell job. Clearly the emphasis was on easing my wife’s pain from scoliosis and getting us a good nights sleep. Not pushing us into whatever was the most profitable. Rick was so friendly and amiable and easy to trust, by the time we bought our new mattress and left we felt like we had known him for years. We can’t recommend Rick highly enough.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Hi Simon Isn't it great to have a real instore experience without the heavy sales pitch. We expect all our staff to treat people this way and delighted to receive such rich feedback. Thank you for ... read more »

Melbourne

• 1 comment
Private message

I highly recommend Rick at Bed For Back's Nunawading branch.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 30, 2018

I highly recommend seeing Rick Morris at Beds For Backs at the Nunawading branch. His store was one of the last i visited but turned out to be the best.

Unlike many of the sales people working at mattress stores he actually understands spine biomechanics.

He was able concisely explain and demonstrate the reason why my back pain was exacerbated whilst sleeping on my side.

The in store tests he performed alleviated my back pain and showed me that he knew what he was talking about.

Thanks to Rick I was able to make an informed decision and I was able to select a product which improved my back pain.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Nick R thank you for your review. Yes it is all about making an informed choice rather than buying on brand only.

Come back for another mattress after 7years of using

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 29, 2018

Abusolutly love the spine support matress. I purchased my first spine aligner matress 7 years ago. It is still in very good condition and offers excellent support. Kevin from Nunawading store is nothing but helpful, sweat and kind. He looks after us. Very good service. 10 out of 10

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Ying it is great to hear that your mattress is still going strong after 7 years, I am sure there are many more to come.

Rick is a great asset for B for B's

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 15, 2018

Called into Nunawading store simply to see what was available. Rick Morris was so informative and energetic and enlighten us so much about various products. He certainly knows his business. No pressure was applied and we were left to make our own decision

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Bob D thank you for letting everyone know about your Beds for Backs experience. Yes, no pressure just good information so you can make an informed decision.
Regards Wal Maguire

Satisfied customer with my purchase and the service I received

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 13, 2018

Mario was extremely informative and knowledgeable when I purchased my base and mattress from their Fairfield store.
The follow up service by Peter was excellent. He visited me twice at home to adjust the base to my requirements.
Was very impressed overall with the quality of the product and service and would highly recommend beds4backs

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Adele
Thank you for taking the time to place a review about your experience at Beds for Backs. I will personally acknowledge the Consultants concerned.

Mount Evelyn

Excellent Customer Support

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 10, 2018

I own an Ergolife adjustable base and I bought a new matress for it from Beds for Backs in Nunawading. The adjustable base is an amazing product but I've never been quite sure how to adjust it properly to get the best out of it. The salesman (Rick) came to my house and demonstrated how to adjust it properly and now I'm getting relief from both shoulder and back pain. I'm very satisfied with the customer support for the product - Thankyou Beds For Backs!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

M.R our Ergolife Zero Stress base comes with a lifetime guarantee and our consults are always there to support you. Thank you for your review and I will personally acknowledge the Consultant.

great service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 06, 2018

Rick at Nunnawading store, really knew his stuff. Very helpful and informative. Great service, will recommend to all we know.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Jane J thanks for sharing your experience at Beds for Backs and acknowledging the Consultant involved.

Melbourne

Private message

So amazingly helpful! Great nights sleep!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 05, 2018

After disassembling our bed because of a renovation we needed help reassembling it. Rick Morris from the Nunawadding store came on a Sunday evening and helped us to reassemble it so that we again were sleeping like babes and woke up without an ache or pain. Bravo Bed for Backs! Bravo Rick Morris!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

C.P our Zero Stress line of bed bases come with a lifetime guarantee and our staff are always pleased to help.
All the best Wal Maguire CEO

Glenroy

• 1 answer
  • 2 helpful votes
Private message

absolute total customer satisfaction and happiness!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 04, 2018

You would expect a company that is called called "Beds For backs" to have bed specialists who can help you select the right bed for you. I can honestly say that Lisa from the Campbellfield store, (also head office), certainly knows how to live up to its name .
I initially bought a latex mattress with a spine aligner kit from the Preston Store but unfortunately it did not work out for me. The latex mattress generated so much heat and the adjustable slats underneath were just not doing my back any justice. I am indeed happy for those who swear by latex mattresses and spine aligners as I have read quite a few amazing reviews. I guess everyone is different and obviously this was not the bed for me.
However Lisa came to the rescue and told me to take a trip to Campbellfield to look at other mattresses and then she would be able to do a free swap over as part of the "Happiness Guarantee" policy that Beds for backs have in place. When I came in I discussed my ailments with her as I suffer from arthritis and disc problems and she immediately directed me to a mattress that was well suited for me. It was great to do business with a Sales Representative who was really attentive to my needs. The Ergolife Active Adjustable Range, Select Mattress, gave me greater comfort and surprisingly it was a cheaper mattress. The after Sales Support and the "happiness guarantee" was indeed fulfilled. I was happy with the quality of the bed but unfortunately I was not granted a refund for the difference in price but was offered a credit instead. Lisa noticed that I was a little disheartened by that especially as I had waited two months for a reply to my letter requesting a refund.
I could not believe that Lisa took it one step further because she didn't want me to walk away without gaining total happiness and satisfaction. Many thanks to Lisa who has now given me my dream bed that offers even more comfort and greater ease to get in and out of. The bed also has a massage unit which I use everyday for blood circulation and to reduce pain. I now have the perfect Queen Size Electric Massage Bed. Lisa even gave me the right mattress to go with it especially modified for me so that it can bend and flex. She even arranged to have my bed frame modified by Steve who worked really hard to make sure that the electric bed fitted into place. Thank you to Steve for all of his hard work and professional advice on how to make an Electric bed last.-such great expertise. Thanks to Peter also for trying to make my spine aligner more comfortable by adjusting the slats the way they were supposed to be adjusted but unfortunately to no avail. Thank you for the home visit anyway. You showed a lot of professionalism and expertise.
I commend Lisa for her efforts to make me a totally happy and satisfied customer. She arranged everything right to the very end, even follow up calls to make sure I was totally satisfied. It took a long time to get there but it was worth the wait because her promises were delivered in the end. She deserves to win a Customer Service award for demonstrating sheer excellence. She also deserves a pay rise and bonuses for her awesome performance. Lisa should also be encouraged to write and publish a customer service manual to give helpful tips because it is not just about sales it's also about having a good rappor with customers in order to get them back.
Lisa you are a star who has excelled in Customer Service by far. Thank you Beds for Backs for hiring such an expert! Cheers from a Happy Customer

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Tan tan what a big experience you had. At Beds for Backs our aim is to work with our customers to ensure the right outcome. I will personally acknowledge all staff concerned.

Such Great Advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 03, 2018

I came in to the Nunawading store with no idea what I needed, I just knew I was waking up with a lot of neck and shoulder pain. Rick Morris helped me and now I'm so glad I went there (it was just on a whim). He gave me a lot of advice, he could see my problem immediately and was really helpful in explaining what it was that was causing me pain and how keeping my spine straight was going to help. He went through the adjustable slats, and different pillows, and got me a setup that will keep me straight. I'm really excited to sleep now and wake up feeling better!
Rick seems like a real expert and I'm so grateful for his help. I will 100% be returning when my pillows need replacing and for my next bed, and hopefully Rick will still be there to give his advice.

November 21st 2018 Update: Unreal service

I've been into the Nunawading store 3 times now and spoken to Rick each time. I am seriously blown away by his service. You never go into any other store and find people there who genuinely care about fixing your problem, but Rick is the perfect person to go to for help. I highly recommend Nunawading Beds For Backs and Rick Morris, and I've been telling that to anyone who will listen!

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Kirsty thank you for your review and how our Consultant was able to work with you to get the best outcome for you.

how good can a bed be ?

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Having slept on our new bed for almost two months we can not speak highly enough of the good night sleeps and more important my wife does not wake up with a sore back so cuts back on her medication , a big plus ! Rick M was a very helpful in under standing our needs very happy! want a good nights sleep go to Bed for Backs

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Nick great to hear the sleep is now on track. Better sleep is our focus and our Consultant did his job.

The Only Place You Should Buy Your Bed From

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 30, 2018

Firstly let me say that I cannot rate Beds for Backs highly enough as a company. Not only are their beds fully customisable to solve any musculoskeletal problems your current bed may be causing or aggravating, but they are also made right here in Australia.

Their motto is that they are not there to sell you a bed, but to help you get a good nights sleep, and the service I received from Peter Scroggie, who is currently based in their Fairfield store, proved this to be very true.

Not only did Peter know the company’s products inside out, he also patiently took me through all the different price options, and not once did he make me feel pressured into making a purchase. In fact after chatting to him I realised that he had been chatting to me in the store well passed closing time, but not once did he make me feel rushed into making a decision.

I ended up purchasing an ErgoLife Zero Stress Adjustable Body-Alignment Base, with four custom added drawers in the base, which are great for under bed storage. I also purchased the Eco Latex Natura mattress with a custom added soft shoulder zone, as I’m a side sleeper and have many problems with shoulder pain and my arm going numb. I also purchased a Silky & Cool Tencel Mattress Protector, as well as a Cooling Layer V15 mattress topper, as I’m someone who can overheat whilst sleeping.

Part of the service you get at Beds for Backs is that once you’ve purchased and received your bed, your sales assistant will visit you at home and check on how you are sleeping on your new bed. They will also advise you on how to, and help you, make any adjustments to your new bed to improve your sleep further.

Peter did this for me, and I mentioned that I wasn’t sure I’d made the right choice as far as the mattress was concerned. He told me to give it some time, but also not to worry as if I wasn’t happy I could always take advantage of Beds for Backs 60 day happiness guarantee, which allows you to exchange any part of your bed for something different within 60 days of receiving your purchase.

I ended up deciding I wasn’t 100% happy with the mattress and took advantage of the 60 day happiness guarantee, and Peter happily helped me with that process.

Unfortunately after some time sleeping on the replacement mattress, I realised that aspects of the first mattress were better than the one I currently had. I thought to myself that I’d made a mistake in switching mattresses, and thought I’d just have to be happy with what I know had.

Then I got a call from Peter asking me how I found the replacement mattress, and I told him that I wished I’d stuck with the first mattress as although it wasn’t perfect, it was more comfortable than the replacement one.

I couldn’t believe what happened next.

Peter spoke to the manufacturing department and told me they would be happy to make alterations to the replacement mattress I had, and that I would only be charged for the materials required to do so, which was way less money than it would have cost to do it including labour, or to replace it with a new one.

Now I have the best aspects of the first two mattresses in my current one, and I couldn’t be happier. I’m now getting the best sleep I’ve gotten in years, and waking up during the night or in the morning with shoulder pain, and/or a numb arm are a thing of the past.

My hat goes off to Beds for Backs, and Peter for sticking by their motto that they are their to help you get a good nights sleep, and I thank them for going above and beyond to make that happen.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Lion thank you for your review and writing of your experience at Beds4Backs. I will personally acknowledge the Consultant concerned.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Needed assistance with adjusting firmness adjustments

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 24, 2018

Yesterday had Peter come and changed the wheels for feet.

Helped me with tension and firmness by adjusting the slats and wedges. I was experiencing lower back problems.

I had a really good night,s sleep last night.
Peter, thank you for your help and professional knowledge.

Kind regards
Jenny

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Jenny thank you for your comments in relation to the support you received from one of our Consultants. Our after sales service is second to none.

Fabulous service and advice

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 23, 2018

Excellent service and advice by Rick Morris at Nunawadding. The knowledge that Rick holds is an asset to Beds for Backs and their customers.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Justin it's good to hear you had a great instore experience with our Consultant. I will personally acknowledge the Consultant for his great work.

Awesome service!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 21, 2018

I suffer from chronic back pain after falling from a hammock back in 2008. I recently moved to Australia and was struggling to find the right mattress for myself. Apparently everyone has been trying to sell their version of a ‘firm’ mattress to me. Only @ beds for back, Rick Moris was kind enough to explain how it’s not so much about the mattress as it is about distribution of our body weight and shared tips on making sure I have a good nights sleep without spending a fortune on my mattress. Thank you so much Rick for your assistance! You’ve been great! Cheers

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Sanam, yes the idea of a firm mattress is a misnomer as a basically flat surface will not mould to the bodies curves. Our Ergolife range are the only ones on the market that are ergonomic and can c... read more »

Exemplary service

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 20, 2018

We bought a bed in April this year and Rick Morris was our salesperson. He welcomed us into the store in Nunawading and showed us a range of suitable beds. He was very helpful in demonstrating the advantages of each one and made sure we understood the features. He was at all times courteous and we felt very comfortable with him. He had excellent product knowledge and we would be seeking his assistance in any future purchases. We waited for a while before writing the review to ensure we were happy with the bed. Our hip problems are gone and our backs are giving us no trouble now. It has been the PERFECT bed for our requirements and we thank RIck very much for his guidance and professionalism. Jan

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Jan K thank you for taking the time to post a review, it is much appreciated. Our aim is to always provide excellent service to our customers through our Consultants. I will personally acknowledge the Consultant concerned.

• 3 helpful votes

Great mattress thanks to Lisa & Troy

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

It is so hard to pick the right mattress especially when you have a bad back You need the right comfort for you plus the professional support Troy at The Dandenong store was very help ful not pushy just listened and gave advice I did muck up with the first choice I made but the customer service I received From Lisa & Troy was over & above your average customer service I am very happy with the mattress I have

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Fido4754, thank you for your review and understanding of how Beds4Backs helps people with real issues.

Top Salesman

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 18, 2018

We were blown away with the service provided by Rick Morris at Nunawading. His knowledge was second to none. He was thorough in helping us select the right bed for us .The mattress and bed is amazing and we are extremely happy. My husband put it all together without a problem.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Kate, thank you for recognising our Consultant and the guidance he gave. I am sure your bed will be a great investment for a long time.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 13, 2018

Rexa was nothing but very helpful and knows his stuff . Gave us many options as l have a back issue . Very friendly . I recommend to all with or without a back problem .
Julie :)

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Julie thank you for taking the time to post a Review about Beds4Backs. Our aim is to provide an in-store experience where by you can make an informed choice, not just a sales pitch. I will personal... read more »

After-sales service that is out of this world!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 05, 2018

If you're at all considering purchasing a bed, go to Beds for Backs at Nunawading and ask for Rick Morris. They've got a marvellous range of products and their after-sales service is out of this world. I bought a bed from them around 15 years ago and the rubber strips that hold the slats which support the mattress perished over that period (they now use a much more robust set of holders). I called Rick to see if I was able to buy another set - he said "no problem at all, we'll replace them free of charge, and I'll come out and fit them myself". I nearly fell over! What other company provides after-sales service like that, where they're willing to look after you 15 years after your purchase? None that I know of. It seemed to me that nothing is too much trouble for Beds for Backs, in making sure that their customers are satisfied. I wouldn't go anywhere else for a bed or bedding products and I recommend that you don't either.

Comments
Beds for Backs Official

Robert sorry for being late to respond to your review. As a return customer we are delighted to hear you have come back and received great service from us.

1 of 12 pages

Hi I am online now wanting to investigate a Queen size electric bed which will not disturb my partner what can I view online until I visitArmadale store?

Unamused asked on Jun 18, 2018

Answer this

Hi there we are presently introducing our new electric bed range and just completed a photo shoot last Friday at our Armadale store. These are yet to be uploaded to the website but the full range is on display at Armadale.
If required our Consultant can also advise you on what's still available from our run out stock. If you are after a good deal get in quick for the run out stock.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Hey Beds4Backs team. I hope you're doing well. I have 2 slipped discs in my lower back which leads to back pain, cramps, and all the problems you would expect, and I am struggling to find a mattress that suits my needs. My last mattress was a Select O'Pedic which was gold, it was kind of firm but I slept nearly every night even when I first injured my back! So that speaks for itself. Sadly, all good things end, and so I just bought a Sealy which is not performing as expected. It's early days yet, but I still have some back pain and I'm not sleeping the night, and it's too firm. If I need to get another mattress, could you tell me what type of mattress you'd recommend? I have been after something that's soft, just personal preference, but I'm willing to try firmer if needed because my experience is, if the bed is good enough, you don't even notice the bed after you're asleep! I'm of course happy to come in, I live in SE suburbs VIC, but was after a rough indication before I did. Cheers

JulesIsMyNickname asked on Sep 17, 2017

Answer this

Hi Jules thank you for contacting us and presenting your issues. We would recommend you visit us instore whereby you can become fully informed about our ergonomic bed solutions that can change with your changing needs. We would also be happy to have your Occupational Therapist attend also. Depending on where in the South East you are our Dandenong or Moorabbin stores may be best.
Regards Wal Maguire CEO

Hi Wal, a follow up question. I have a slat base that I'm keen to keep. Can you just sell a mattress or must it be a mattress/base combo?

I've got a sore back as well and let me tell you now - You need to spend roughly close to 1 and half to 2 grand for the mattress itself to get a good sleeping setup. I used to use the slumberzone ultimate setup

I sleep on my stomache what would you suggest in a mattress on a divan base?

Happy customer asked on Sep 16, 2017

Answer this

Hi there it is not easy answer to your question. Firstly I would not recommend a standard flat mattress on a divan as a suitable long term solution, overnight stay yes but not permanent. Front sleepers put stress on their backs, necks and shoulders. Any recommendations depends on your height, shape and weight. I recommend you visit one of our stores to receive appropriate guidance before making a decision. This is an investment in your health so become informed about ergonomic bed design and how it can assist.

See all 5 questions about Beds for Backs