Review rating:

Sydney

Honest,reliable and upfront

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 23, 2017

We are building for first time .had lot of builders to choose from.was quite daunting to decide .BBuilt staffs have been very clear with charges, admin team followed up promptly and gave regular updates regarding what stage our council approval is upto..bank delayed our application but Bbuilt had done all work ready to start..very happy with the progress. They are not wasting any time . Starting from front office till final contract is drawn,everyone has been fantastic.very approachable.we are very excited to see the construction progressing well with good quality jobs..site supervisor Michael is just amazing. Thank you to Neel, Sharmini, Lesley and Rachael. We feel we have made the right decision.looking forward to see more progress .

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thank you for your fantastic review, we are happy that you have had a great journey so far and can't wait to see your new home completed.

Camden

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2017

This is the Builder to Choose!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Nov 20, 2017

If you are going through the arduous task of trudging through display home after display home every weekend looking for the best builder to build your dream home, you owe it to yourself to give Better Built Homes a chance. Their customer service is what they pride themselves in and are second to none. Their build quality and workmanship are of the highest standard and their commitment to fixing problems as they arise has been nothing short of amazing.

We have read and heard of so many building horror stories. Being first time builders we could have easily been one of those stories. We feel blessed to have had the privilege of building with Better Built Homes and if we had to do it all again we would choose them again.

It is so hard to give a full picture of how our build went in a few small paragraphs. To give you an idea we setup a running blog and timeline to show how BBH built our house in 34 weeks (2 weeks before the contract timeframe). You can read our journey for yourself here: https://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87063

Thank you Neel, Lesley, Mel, Peter and last but definitely not least Aaron and the rest of the Better Built team who went above and beyond to make our dream a reality. We are living in our dream house and you made that a reality for us! Thank you again!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thank you for this amazing review. We will do pride ourselves on your Customer Service and construction quality and are pleased to know we met your expectations. It has been a pleasure building your home for you.

sydney

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2017

This is a very good builders.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Oct 09, 2017

Workmanship and build quality I happy can't complain.
Manage may home on time.
Customer service response quick this is very important.
When I have had to speak to anyone in batter built they all lovely to deal with.
The quality of Better Built Homes workmanship and finishes are good. We highly recommend Better Built Homes to anyone who is looking to build.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi Kane,
Thank you very much for your fabulous review. I know the construction team loved working with you and were very happy to hear from you.
We are all very proud that you love your new Better Built Home.

Sydney

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Mar 2016

Fantastic builders!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jul 03, 2017

It had been over a year now since our house was finished and what can we say amazing!!

My wife and I were looking for a builder for about a year.
We really struggled to find a decent honest builder we considered doing owner builder towards the end of it then we found better built.

From the initial meeting with the owner of the company we felt very welcome and knew we will
Be building with better built homes.

Dealing with the owner and not a (sales person like most other companies we dealt with who does not know anything about building)
Was amazing the owners who are also a builders knew what they were taking about.

Any thing we asked they answered and were up front about it all nothing was a problem.

Our building process from start to finish was made so easy with the team from better built homes Every one from the office team and our building manager who was always keeping us to date ever week.

We have been in our house for over a year now and wow the work is excellent the service after the build is amazing and just top quality all round.

The only thing we had an issue with is the range hood we have had 2 service calls for the lights falling out and the microwave stainless tell is sort of fading/peeling off in colour.

Which not the builders fault but maybe the brand maybe could be revied by the builder.

Well done better built on an amazing job.
And will not hesitate to call you guys again if we were to build again.

Thank you for making it so easy for us.

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi Farris, On behalf of the whole team, thank you for your feedback. It was a real pleasure to work with you throughout this process and I'm thrilled to hear that you are loving your home. We take... read more »

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Verified Customer Construction End Date: May 2016

Best Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 15, 2017

When we decided to build a new home we heard all the usual nightmare horror stories, but we were determined to build a home that was exactly what we wanted and so our search for a builder started. A friend mentioned Better Built Homes and it didn’t take us long to feel comfortable and confident with our decision.

The team at Better Built Homes was so helpful, nothing was ever too hard and no question ever too silly. We thoroughly enjoyed our building experience, from the initial meetings to our colour consultation with Mel and site visits with Michael the wonderful team took all the stress out of the building process.

We have lived in our new home for over a year and we are still so happy with it, I wouldn’t change any of it and I think that is because we took the time to research and find a building company with an exceptional reputation. We are so proud of our home and the quality of Better Built Homes’ work.

We recently had a visit from a gentleman who has a long history in the building industry but had never walked into our home before, his comment was the catalyst for writing this review, “I have walked through plenty of new homes in my lifetime and the quality of this home is outstanding”.

Thank you Better Built Homes!

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi Maree, thank you so much for your kind words. We are so proud of our work and we love hearing that families like yours appreciate it too.

• 1 review
  • 2 helpful votes

Built to Perfection!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jan 13, 2016

Thank You so much Better Built for building us such an amazing home.

We have really enjoyed the experience from start to finish, from our initial discussions with Aaron who worked with us to understand what we truly wanted in our home and built a package that suited our needs and budget, through to Mel who provided amazing service throughout the process and lastly to the ever so helpful construction team – Liam and Michael. Nothing was ever too hard for these two good humored guys and their advice and expertise were impeccable.

Having lived in our home now for 3 weeks, we truly appreciate how much has gone into building our new home – from the intricate details of our tiling, the quality of the materials used, through to all the finishes in our home - the quality and value for money that we got from Better Built surpassed all our expectations.

We love our new home! Thanks so much.

Ben & Marian

2 people found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thank you so much Ben & Marion for taking some time to share your experience, I can assure you it was just as good for us as it was for you!

• 3 helpful votes

Perfect Builders

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 24, 2017

Better Built Homes have been absolutely amazing. We are extremely happy we chose Better Built to build our dream home. They have such an eye for detail and truly build a quality home. Our building supervisor went above and beyond his role to ensure we were happy customers.

Anytime we have had to speak to anyone at Better Built they have been lovely to deal with and made the process of building a house so simple and easy. Other building companies treat you as if you are just another number, but not Better Built. They have treated us as though they are truly thankful for our business and really want us to be satisfied customers.

We knew when we built our house that we wanted it to stand out from every other brand new house. The quality of Better Built Homes workmanship and finishes are second to none. We highly recommend Better Built Homes to anyone who is looking to build.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Wow! Bianca, thank you so much for your amazing feedback. I'm delighted to hear how happy you are with your Better Built Home. The whole team were thrilled by your review -we love knowing we achiev... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Sep 2016

I love my house !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 08, 2017

A big thanks to Better Built and the whole team -especially Mel.
When my husband and I decided to build our new home, we wanted to work with a company that was up front with us. We’ve heard so many horror stories from friends and family about hidden extras and prices that constantly change but we’ve had so many friends and family tell us about Better Built Homes and we saw so many great reviews that even after seeing other builders, we decided to get a tender from them and see how they compared.
Not only had my brother already had a great experience but from the outset, they were upfront about the costs associated with our block, and their standard inclusions list is so much better than what we had seen elsewhere and they were upfront with us about expenses that other builders hadn’t mentioned so we knew we could trust them and we weren’t disappointed.
The process of building a home isn’t quick but the team at Better Built always kept us informed, and nothing we asked seemed too hard. Our colour consultant made great suggestions about the interior and our construction supervisor was very knowledgeable and really put our minds at ease throughout the whole thing.
The design really works well, my kitchen is awesome (I’ve never had so much storage!). I love my home, thanks again Betterbuilt homes and your amazing team!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Sarah, thank you so much for your amazing feedback. We are so grateful that you trusted us -yet again- to build a better home for you and your family. We love what we do and we're thrilled that you do too!

St.Marys

Very Impressive Team!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 08, 2017

We are in the middle of building a home with better built homes. From the beginning till now, we have experienced excellent service. The sales manager worked hard with us to change their house for our needs. We found him very knowledgeable and excellent in describing plans.

Every other company sales person looked at us like we have done something really bad because of the 2 meter fall of the land. Better built's sales manager is the only person who reassured us that we can do this project in a reasonable way and within our budget.

They were always ahead with the paper works. By the time we got the land, they were all ready to move ahead with the next step. Every single person we met in the office were excellent. Customer care and communication were always great.

We are at the brick laying stage with the house now. Looks like it will finish before the contract date. The site supervisor always gives us a call before they start each stage and explains to us what's happening. We think we are so lucky to have them as a builder. We will write more as our home progresses. Keep up the good work better built team!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi Joy, On behalf of the whole team, thanks so much for your feedback -we take such pride in our work and are delighted that you are enjoying your home build. We look forward to hearing from you as... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 answer
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Jul 2017

Couldn't find a better builder!!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 24, 2017

We are currently building our first home with better built and perfection in everything is what we have experienced so far. Better built homes has an excellent team that makes the process of building a new home very pleasant. I am at present in the third phase of the project and so far we have no issues at all. We will write more about the builder as our home progresses.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thanks Anilesh. We are happy you are having a positive experience.
Regards, Better Built Homes.

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Nov 2015

So nice we used them twice!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 21, 2017

We have built with Better Built Homes twice now..
Being a carpenter, my husband knows good building work when he sees it and we were so impressed with the quality and workmanship of Better Built Homes that we came back a second time.
As a company they are great to deal with because they go out of their way to help out and both of our experiences have been amazing. -Because the team is smaller you get really personal service and we've got a great personal relationship with everyone we've worked with.
Also, they are flexible with their designs (we also have a granny flat) and their inclusions lists are fantastic -especially compared to other builders so we have never had to go over our budget to get the things we wanted.
5 stars guys!

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thanks so much guys -we just love building homes with you!!

Glenmore Park, NSW

• 1 answer

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Dec 2017

A very Pleasant and Professional experience!! Loved it !!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 01, 2017

We don't have enough words to describe the Better Built Homes customer service, their relationship with the customer and the list goes on.

Their Sales Manager was most impressive spending two months with us to finalise the changes we wanted to the design we were looking for. He kept doing his job without pushing us to leave a deposit.

His customer service is remarkable as well as his dedication to his work and his overall knowledge of the home building industry is second to none.

We were always looking for an open plan kitchen, spacious living areas, a home theatre and a balcony to the front because our land has a mountain view.

The Sales Manager worked hard on getting the design right and finally came up with the right plan within our budget.

This was the first home we have built and we had had a lot of problems with other builders who treated us like just another number. We couldn't trust them and they always had a lot of costs to be advised.

So we were very concerned about finding a builder we could trust, who would answer our phone calls, reply to our emails and give us the correct advice when we needed it.

Luckily we found Better Built Homes on line and the reviews they were getting inspired us to give them a ring. They gave us outstanding personal service and I would recommend them to anyone wanting to build a quality home at the right price.

The cut and fill has been done on our land and we are expecting our slab to laid over the next week, weather permitting.

We will give a further update when we are about halfway through.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thanks Jai. We are really excited to watch the progress of your home.

Verified Customer

Perfection! Professional and Approachable Builders. Highest Quality of Work.

5 out of 5, reviewed on Jun 12, 2015

From the very first time I met the team of Better Built Homes, I knew that they were the builders for me. As a new home owner, I was nervous about building. However, Better Built Homes couldn't have made this process any easier; providing ongoing support, advise and up to date progress reports throughout the entire build. The materials used to build were both sustainable and of the highest quality. Better Built offered several inclusions within their standards package compared to their competitors who charged an additional amount per inclusion. As a result, I was able to build my dream home with all the inclusions and features that I hoped for within my budget. From requesting the tender through to the completion date, Better Built Homes and their staff were extremely approachable. There was never a request or question that went un-answered and they were always adaptable; allowing me to make changes to the design and features several times without making it feel like an inconvenience. This was much appreciated as the level of procrastination heightened before the final tender was submitted. I am currently looking to build another home, and without hesitation, I will using Better Built Homes again. There timely customer service, professional and approachable builders and quality of work makes Better Built Homes as easy decision when building any home.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi Danial, Thank you so much for your kind words, we try really hard to set ourselves apart from the other builders, to hear that you can see the effort involved in that makes it all that much mor... read more »

• 1 review
  • 3 answers
  • 1 helpful vote

One word: Integrity!

5 out of 5, reviewed on May 28, 2015

My wife and I built our home with Better Built Homes.
I have been wanting to review them for quite some time. We found them very integral! The area we built our home was significantly out of their way, which seemed to create some issues getting their usual trades to do the job. (I have heard from a colleague who also built with them, that their usual trades are fantastic). However, any issues that did arise regarding quality (as will happen in any build) were promptly addressed and rectified without any hassle. EVERY issue we've had has been rectified. In fact, there was one instance where we were not expecting a bill for the removal of extra dirt (quite a few tonnes). We expressed that we were not prepared for this, and their immediate response was to cover the cost. We were able to contact the builder, our site supervisor and anyone else in the company to meet our needs and always were met with warmth and concern. I could not commend them highly enough.

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi John, We are so pleased to know that you're happy with your new home and that the service exceeded your expectations! We spend a lot of time ensuring we only use quality trades and materials an... read more »

• 1 review
  • 1 helpful vote

Verified Customer

Not only a quality company, but quality people too!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 13, 2015

After going throught the building process over the past 6 months we have no hesitation in recommending [Name Removed], [Name Removed] and the team at Better Built Homes.
Building a house is a testing time, and with so many selections and decisions along the way, we feel the process was simple and were impressed with the effort that [Name Removed] and [Name Removed] put in. You not only provided a caring attitude towards our home but also delivering a quality finish and attention to detail at a level that we only dreamed of.
With so many selections of builders, and the various options available, we feel blessed to have made the correct selection in Better Built Homes.
We have completed our dream home and we have no hesitation in recommending our friends and family. They are not only a quality company, but more importantly, quality people!
Thanks again [Name Removed], [Name Removed] and the Team at Better Built Homes!....

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Quality Clients!! To us customer service is just as important as a quality build, to know that we put your mind at ease and had your full trust from the get go means a lot to us! We strive everyday... read more »

Dream Build

5 out of 5, reviewed on Dec 18, 2013

We thought we had our builder picked but then a friend suggested that we speak to the guys at Better Built Homes. From that day until the day we moved in both [names removed] went above and beyond in order to help us build our dream home. We wanted to build a custom home and they were able to accommodate (when may other builders would not), their standard inclusions far exceeded anything offered by other builders. Both [names removed] were always available to answer any questions and provided timely updates on the progress of the build. Our new home was ready within the contracted timeframe and we could not be happier with the final outcome. Being first home owners we did not know what to expect and the thought of building a home was stressful. However, thanks to the team at Better Build Homes our experience exceeded expectation and we would not hesitate to build with them again. Thanks Gents

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thanks Clint & Kath! We try our hardest to take all the stress away when building, we so glad we were able to work with you both and were able to exceed your expectations! Thanks for choosing us, we would love to work with you again!

Great Builder

5 out of 5, reviewed on Aug 26, 2013

After going to have a look at several builders we came across Better Built Homes. They are professional & honest which is really rare to find these days. They were flexible and allowed us to alter plans to suit our needs. They will even custome design a house for you. I was so pleased to know that when they said there packeages had all included that they really did. There was no hidden extras along the way. I love my better built house. It looks better than I ever could have imagined. The quality is outstanding and the service I recieved was fantastic. I was able to talkt directly with the builder when ever I needed.
Thankyou better built homes. Anyone looking at building I highly recommend you contact Better Built Homes.

+ service, quality, price

1 person found this helpful, do you? Yes

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Thank you so much for your lovely review! We are so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations and build you your dream home! Being upfront and honest is what Better Built Homes is all ab... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2018

Fantastic builders highly recommended

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 23, 2018

If your the type of client that demands excellent service and workmanship, you won't be disappointed. Yes there will be certain challenges throughout the build requiring regular updates from BB team. We managed to resolve all issues within a timely manner. A project builder flexible enough so we could achieve our Hamptons look home, we couldn't be happier. Slab Cutting in May6th 2017 - completed Feb 2018 2 storey. BB team from Jeff, mel, Lezley, Accounting team, Peter and Aaron well done creating this beautiful home. You guys Rock!

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi John, a BIG thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We are pleased you mentioned so many members of our team. We have built our reputation on great service and high qual... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Feb 2019

LOOK NO FURTHER!!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Apr 11, 2018

When we decided on the monumental quest of building a house, we prepared ourselves for a long, stressful and challenging process. Finding a builder to build on a sloping block (4 metre drop) was no easy feat, to the point where we even questioned whether buying our particular block of land was the right decision. Upon the recommendation of a friend, we visited the Better Built display room and after a few hours with their Sales person Neel, knew we had found the right builder. Most Sales people we encountered were disinterested and didn’t go the extra mile . In fact, whenever we mentioned our sloping block, we were met with looks of surprise and therefore showed no interest in wanting to pursue our business. Not Neel. He was not fazed by the slope, was direct, extremely knowledgeable and even with that first meeting, had already suggested a floor plan that met our exact requirements. Without question, we signed with Better Built. We are almost at the construction stage and I have to admit the whole process to date has been unbelievable, which was something we did not expect after all the terrible home building stories we had heard. Everyone we have met at Head Office have been true professionals. Jeff (Sales Manager) delivered such a thorough tender presentation and his knowledge and ease at answering all our questions was very impressive. Emma (Pre-Construction Coordinator) has been nothing short of amazing. Her constant communication, attention to detail and her building and construction knowledge is commendable and is one of the main reasons this whole process has been so smooth and relatively stress free for us. Credit also goes to Mel (Colour Consultant) who made our 6 hour selections meeting not only easy with her expertise and recommendations but extremely a fun process for us. I suppose that’s the easy part and now the big challenge commences soon. If the past excellent service of Better Built is any indication of what’s going to happen moving forward, then we are confident that they will deliver our dream home.

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi Marjorie, A BIG thank you for your amazing review. We do pride ourselves on your customer service and construction quality and are grateful to be building your beautiful home for you and your fa... read more »

Verified Customer Construction End Date: Oct 2016

Building with ease, would do it again!

5 out of 5, reviewed on Mar 06, 2018

We built our first home with Better Built Homes, completed just over 1 year ago. From the beginning of our journey, Better Built Homes were amazing. They worked with us through the design of our home, and they helped with our internal selection / style guide. They were both accommodating with our needs, and also patient with our requests. The communication once build had commenced was flawless. We never had to ask where our house was at, and received regular progress updates. A year later, the house is still standing, looks brand new and we love it!!! People generally say that they will only ever build once, we would do it again with Better Built Homes. Thanks Aaron, Jayden & The Better Built Team.

Comments
Better Built Homes Official

Hi Michelle, on behalf of Aaron, Jayden and our team, we would like to thank you for your amazing feedback. We pride ourselves to building quality homes and are delighted that you have enjoyed b... read more »

1 of 2 pages